Nightraven High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOOD! Glorious food, Dozens upon dozens of tables, with sustenance and libations from every globe of the world. Shah scarcely knew where to begin, grabbing as much from as many tables as she could find, fried. She never knew exactly which food came from which place, or which went with which, but given she had spent the last month living off of scraps, filched vending machine snacks and hope, Shah was simply too hungry to be particular.

She sat down, barely listening to Professor Kraven's rules as she gobbled down her Steak, eggs, fries, vindaloo, Hearty bread and fried potatoes.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY HOBBIES MS. WINTER? WHAT DO YOU DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?"
Zeke than heard the announcer say something truly terrible:"You may NOT sell things on school grounds without my permission."
"WHAT? BUT NO ONE CAN GET IN THE WAY OF THE FREE MARKET!" He booms, enraged.

Trent sat back down as soon as the head master got up. It wasn't as much a show of respect, however, as it was Trent was still hungry. Finished with his burgers, Trent dragged over the plate containing the steak. With his left hand, he grabbed a fork, a knife with his right then began cutting his meal. After cutting, Trent picked up the piece and placed the fork in his right hand. "Naw man" Trent said, food still in his mouth "The term was coined by Benjamen Franklin, an AMERICAN founding father, who at a White House dinner wanted potatoes server in a French cut style."

Reactions: 2 people
Ivan's head snapped to attention not at the headmaster's speech, but at the talk of the word "sell". It occurred to him that he'd had to enter this school unarmed and naked; all his gear would have to be procured on-site. He crouch-walked over next to Zeke and Alice, and took a seat, staring at the boy with his mirrored lenses.

"What does this shop... sell, exactly?" he asked with a muffled voice.

"Mostly trying to put my life back together and being confused, if those count. I have a feeling I'm going to be indulging in them a lot here." She laughs slightly, but quiets down when the conversation turns towards capitalism. A subject she was not particularly well versed in, beyond the basics.

Pavel stared blankly at the headmaster, nodded, and did the same to the fellow as he left without a word. Strange people.

He sat down and got himself some stroganoffka. He hasn't eaten it in months!

The rules were fine too, it would keep things calm and ordered, just what a school needs.

Matt loaded his tray with the usual - a burger, a large empty cup, and what might have been a full pizza - and sauntered off towards the table with the most interesting-seeming people. "Awesome gas mask, bro!" he said by way of introduction, parking his tray and filling his cup with a wave of his hand.

Pierre turned back to the American, hearing his retort. "Oui, mais the fries were created in the style, de la France, and zis makes zem, Français, monsieur. Zerefore, french fries. It does not matter if an uncultured American had a moment of good taste, zey are french." Pierre then adopted a smug face that is a perfect mix of superiority and condescension that only a frenchman can properly pull off.

Gregory, just now realizing that his companion had left to go tell the same horrible "Kraven the Hunter" jokes (as he did every year), looks towards the outrageous Mexican stereotype.
"Oh, uh, yeah." he mumbles, pushing his cornflakes around in his bowl, "It's a little bland, but not bad. Try the pork chops. They're, uh, sort of my favorite, but I've been trying to watch my sodium intake and stuff. So, uh, maybe try those if you want. If you don't like them that's cool."

"IVAN! LONG TIME NO SEE!" Zeke cries happily "WELL IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU NEED"
Turning his attention to Alice he continues his conversation, "HAVE YOU TRIED MACRAME? THAT'S ALWAYS FUN, AND REWARDING!"

"I have no clue what that is." And then on further pondering: "Also how am I supposed to go to your shop to get an updated business card if I don't know where it is...?"

"I need a bit of everything. Everything." Ivan said, arms crossed. "Hint, hint."

Pierre then adopted a smug face that is a perfect mix of superiority and condescension that only a frenchman can properly pull off.
And as he did, Shah reached over his back, tapped him on one side of the shoulder and filched his frog legs on the other. Classic. Or perhaps Classique.

Professor Kraven walked over to the needlessly loud student and spoke with his mouth full of frog legs, "You can't sell things on school grounds without my permission. That's what I said, if you want to be in charge of the school shop selling snacks, books, and useful items for expeditions, I will let you do that, but don't give out freebies. You can keep 45 percent of what you make. The other 55 percent goes to the school of course. If you're interested let me know."

With that, Professor Kraven strolled away happily, picking up some fried newt on the way back to his seat.

Pierre swiveled his head, but not quick enough to see his precious legs being stolen, and simply pinned it on the American, and with it simply scoffed at his childishness, before turning back to his food.

"So you're the guy with the hook-ups, Zeke?" Matt paused, thinking. He held his in front of him, and took a deep breath. "Alright, I need a funnel, a short hose, and an empty barrel. Or a keg, whichever's cheaper."

Not entirely sure what to get, Alfredo grabbed anything this boy was telling him to try. If he liked it, he stored some in his sombrero, if he didn't he ate it anyways. As his abuela told him, "Free food is good food, if you throw it away you better believe I will take out the chanclas!" He turned to the boy giving him food advice "I have to say when it comes to food, me amigo, you're pretty good"

As the frenchman spoke, Trent was busy eating not sure exactly what the boy was saying. "Could you repeat that?" Trent requested with a joking tone. "You see son, way I understand it is that there's two languages" Trent began explaining "American and not American." Trent took a few bites of his meal, then tossed the empty plate aside.

"I sure as hell don't speak no not American, but it ain't hard to tell you're not speaking any stars n' stripes"

Having decided that his plate would hold all the stroganoffka he needed, he went to the main table, where he overheard the american and the frenchman arguing over... what? fried potato slices? How ridiculous!
"French or freedom, does it matter? Fried potatoes are fried potatoes. It's not like freedom is an american thing anyway. Enslavement and oppression on the other hand..."

"MACRAME IS FANCY KNITTING, REAL FUN" He booms joyfully "YOU'LL FIND MY SHOP, THERE WILL BE A SIGN, YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE MARKET."
turning his attention to Ivan his voice drops to Zeke definition of a whisper, "here's my order form, i will quote you a price later" He hands Ivan a sheet of paper.
"SOUNDS LIKE A DEAL POPS, I'LL TAKE IT!" He yells to the announcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.