Nightraven High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pierre was having a wonderful dream. He had just been declared the leader of the Bloc Quebecois, and declared independence from the rest of Canada, forming a french utopia which ascended into the sky. Pierre sighed in bliss as he sipped his french wine, twirled his french mustache and relaxed in a roadside café. Then suddenly, without warning, an air raid siren went out all across the utopia, and Pierre looked up at the sky, in time to see a naked Trent painted with the stars and stripes on top of an atomic bomb quickly advancing towards him. "Merde." Pierre swore. Trent yelled something about non-Americans and the illusion that was Quebec's culture, and Pierre promptly woke up with a scream.

He then realized that he was quite late, which was alright, the french are always fashionably late.
After roughly 45 minutes of hair styling, Pierre arrived at the dining hall to find the fat American and unstylish Russian gathering people around. He noted Heidi swinging around a sword, and he tapped her on the shoulder.
"Excusez-moi, madame, but, c'est quoi ça?" Pierre questioned, motioning to the groups.

Reactions: 2 people
The headmaster had yet to look up. Was he ignoring Gregory? Had he misspoken?
Oh, wait. He'd forgotten that the headmaster was incapable of hearing and eating at the same time. Right.
He smoothed out his hair and did his best to pretend he hadn't just run in shouting like a maniac, strolling down to the nearest empty seat which, by coincidence, happened to be right next to where Trent was seated.
"Oh, so uh, signing on for Beast Brigade, huh?" he asked, forking a sausage and a couple pancakes onto his plate.

"We are going on an expedition outside the school, trim the local "kebabs", and return with the spoils of war, which we use to make things that kill them even better." he answered. "perhaps not the last one, I added that myself."

"All for the glory of the proletariate of course."

Alice looks at the others, seemingly all calmly debating going out to slay monsters. "Isn't it kind of reckless to go out on an expedition before we've had any training or opportunity to practice? I mean, we don't even know what kind of things we'd be fighting... Sounds kinda weird to me."

"Well," said Heidi, "Either the headmaster knows what he's doing, or the weak will be weeded out. Either way, things will turn out well."

Reactions: 2 people
"I... see... amigo" Alfredo responded, he was trying to comprehend the situation at hand. Sure he's had to kill animals in cage fights before, but to kill people? Thats when he realized, he doesn't even know who or what he's fighting. "So we're going to kill these things for what exactly? Money I can do without, but if can get some glory, well I'm all for that hombre"

Pierre wasn't any much closer to understanding what was going on from Heidi's explaination, but he was pretty sure he wasn't weak, the spirit of the Quebecois were strong! So he simply replied with "Ah, oui, of course."
He then heard from the other Russian that there would be an expedition to trim the population of... kebabs? And then return from war.
Pierre leaned over to the Mexican and the other Russian, and asked "Et uh, qui will be leading this expedition, monsieurs?"

"HOO BOY! WHATS ALL THIS HUBBUB ALL ABOUT?" Zeke walked into the room, "I KIND OF OVERSLEPT THIS MORNING! WHATS GOING ON?"

"That, uh. Well. I think I'll take a pass on this expedition. Maybe later when I'm fully trained and heavily armed." She waves hello to Zeke. "Apparently people are going out monster hunting tonight... Didn't really think we'd be doing that day one, but what do I know."

"Regrettably, I cannot lead ze outing, but I am going along vis Ivan for leader."

Alfredo turned to the French man, "No idea amigo, but whoever it is better do a good job of protecting whoever goes. You can count me out hombre, I'm not going to a follow some new guy giving me orders." He saw Zeke and walked over. "Hey amigo you came late too huh? Sorry I didn't wake you, I was running late myself and didn't check if you were even there." He took out his burrito and offered it to Zeke, "Have this as a token of my apology."

"A MONSTER HUNTIN' EXPEDITION HUH? SEEMS LIKE FUN, BUT HOW ARE WE HUNTING THEM WITH NO GUNS?"
Zeke immediately turns to Alfredo, "WHY THANKS AMIGO, YOU'RE A GOOD FRIEND" Zeke grabs a burrito and begins eating it.

"Ah, l'homme de Russe? Not le mauvais choice I suppose." Pierre says as he glares at Trent mumbling something about hambergeurs and federalists.

"I suppose the American will be going too, non?"

Greg glanced over to the lone voice of reason, and gave her a timid thumbs-up in between bites of sausage. He wondered, as he often did, why the school allowed new students to go on these expeditions at all. Patently unsafe, it was.

"BY THE WAY IVAN, YOU HAVE A PACKAGE." Zeke casually mentions "STOP BY THE SHOP TO PICK IT UP"

Alice waves back at Greg, before glancing over at Zeke. "Well, he said something about a small shop outside the school where you can get enchanted weapons. Apparently they don't cost anything, or, I don't know. It could have been explained better.

"We are doing it because it is the right thing to do, and we are bringing home the spoils so we can give those not as 'gifted' as us a chance. I know that is why I am going." Pavel exhaled, feeling his spirit rise from the very thought. Being able to do the right thing was a reward in itself.

He scooped some french fry for himself. They weren't russian, but they were still very tasty. Potato slabs were the food of the proletariate after all, and that was not to be discounted.

Alfredo walked over to Greg, taking a seat next to him. "Ah amigo! How is it going friend? Are you going to sign up for that 'kebab' thing?" He turned to the food and grabbed anything was also on Greg's plate.

"Oh, uh, hey Alfredo. I'm not really cut out for the Brigade. Make sure not to skimp on weapons if you decide to go, though, we, uh, don't want another Malcolm."

"Though this expedition stuff does bring up a good point..." Alice pretty much thinks aloud. "I should probably learn the art of firearm use sometime soon. And get some kind of armor. I wonder how enchanting stuff works..."

Status
Not open for further replies.