New World

"Bibi" whips around and stares at Jae for a second. "Oh, sorry, I'm Betna," he says but doesn't move from his spot. His hair hangs loose. His dark eyes look at Jae and Genis. Genis just grins. "You were at the edge of the forest?" he growls and pins Genis with a glare. Genis's smile just got bigger and he runs over to jump on Betna's back. "Bibi, there were big explosions and then I found Jae and lookie i got a ship-worm!" He waves the cocoon stick in Betna's face. The older of the two sighs and looks at Jae with a sympathetic glance. "How long have you had to listen to him?

Attachments

• Man.jpg
    Man.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4
Jae nods. "Nice to meet you Betna." She pauses as he asks about how long she'd been listening to Genis. "I don't know, but it's been a little comforting having someone who knows their way around by your side in a new place." She glanced around the room, slightly amazed at the fact it wasn't at all what she was used to. There's actually furniture..and windows...not just broken glass, littered floor and broken ceiling.. She broke her gaze at the room and returned it to Betna, her face as emotionless as it was when she walked through the door.

Betna looked at her calculatingly. "What's a city fool like you doing in the forest?" he inquires, a slight edge coming into his voice. Genis's smile falters and he looks at her too from over Betna's shoulder.

Kuro enters in from a dark opening in the trees carrying a large sword on his back. "Can anyone tell me where the hell I am," he said while rubbing his head. "I've been walking for what seems like forever and I finally found my way out of the black hole over there. I just would really like to know where I am."

Betna hears a new voice from outside. Great, another visitor. "Genis, go see who that is," he politely commands. Genis huffs but scrambles off his Bibi and runs out the door. Betna turns his attention back to Jae, crossing his arms.

Genis runs outside and sees the man with a sword. "Oi, no swords, city guy!" he yells, standing in front of the man and crossing his arms in an imitation of his older brother.

"Ummm...ok...." He rubs his head and kind of sighs. "Can you please inform me as to where I am," he smiled a sarcastic smile. "Cause that would be great."

Genis narrows his eyes at the strange man. "Are you a native, human, or something else?"

As she started to speak, her voice was quiet and slightly timid, talking about her parents. Her bright green eyes sparked with hidden resentment against the natives. "My parents told me to run when the natives attacked our group. I started running when the explosions started raining down on our area, so I took shelter in the edge of the forest, that's when I ran into Genis." by the time she finished speaking her voice had regained it's confidence. "Genis brought me here, and I have no idea what's happened with my parents so far."

"Hell if I know, all I know is I woke up, my head is killing me and this sword is a massive nuance." He then grabbed the massive sword and stuck it into the ground a few inches, leaving still quite a bit of the sword reviled. Though compared to him the sword was fit for him. Kuro stood at 6'6" and his sword a 6' by 3'. Kuro sat and then leaned against the sword. "So can you tell me where I am. Or should I just keep walking in that direction?"

"You're in the forests of Haiaura, mate," Genis says to him with a roll of the eyes. "Or X5-4762 if you wanna be all space techy" He looks at the guy. "What's your name?"

Betna's gaze softens at her but he nods curtly. "If you need a place to stay for a while you can stay here, but missy, I hate to tell you your parent's are probably gone." He turns back around to the machine he was working on, hitting it so it started making a whirring noise. "The people in the cities, native or not, are all vicious and killer."

"I'm Kuro, pleasure." He stood up and stuck out his hand for a proper greeting. "Yeah, i'd love a place to stay if everyone is killing everyone."

Genis looks at the hand for a second hesitantly, but ends up grinning and moving his right hand from his left shoulder to his right which was the village's greeting of goodwill. "Yeah, the elder's are always looking for more soldiers," the boy says with slight disgust on his face, like soldiers were bad people or that being one was an undesirable job. "Since you got a sword and all." Genis wanders over and pokes it with his finger. "Got any S.A.U. on this thing, like old Bioshock Filters or Flame Shoots? Or is this one of those antique boring ones that does nothing but cut?"

"No it cuts wind making it sharper and faster. Its quite a fun blade, it's just too big in my opinion. And anything I can do to help out, just let me know." He smiled the put his sword on his back. "So how far is your village from here?"

Jae nodded, her gaze shifting to the ground. "I didn't think they'd hold up long..I had hoped to find help before I reached the forest but..there wasn't a living being until I was under the first tree." She paused, looking up the the rafters in the ceiling. "I wish we could all quit this stupid war fighting stuff."

'Yes but there would be no such thing as peace without war." He said in a low tone.

the cocoon opens. of the leaves, a small creature elongated. walking on two legs with a long tail for balance, has two little arms on the body and two long arms finished blades. mouth is full of sharp teeth. moves quickly for any organic matter to devour.

the strange boy from the drop pod walks through a dense area of trees looking for signs of other life his augmented eyes taking in all the life signatures of the trees and separating out them from the insects and other creatures in the trees. the boy mumbles to himself "this place seems endless". after a while of walking he clambers up a tree and rests before continuing on walking aimlessly though the dense trees

Last edited by a moderator:
Genis rolls his eye at the guy. "Are you human? Because it's right here," he says with a gesture behind him. Looking around, he sees a small creature waking towards them. It looked like a grown bleyd ship worm. "Great.... a carnivore."

Betna puts a hammer down and leans agains't the tech-table, looking at Jae. "The war is only in the cities." He spares another glance towards the doorway where his brother's voice and another man's were coming from. "No-one cares for stupid grudges out here, we're survivors and don't have time for shit like that." His eyes turn hard and he looks at Jae. "You can stay out here with us, if you think you can."

Jae thought about this for a moment. "So the natives..they don't..they don't bother you? You live off of nature..and what it provides..and you don't worry about attacks every second of your life?" This sparked interest in her head. That's interesting..I wonder. Maybe I should stay..it's safer..and better here compared to there..

Betna laughs. "No attacks, but it's not just nature we live off of." He turns around and picks up the humming, orange-glowing thing behind him and pokes a button on it. A series of strange noises and sounds come from it. It's around the size of a skull and looks relavtively light. "This is a Mythlia recorder, similar to the Black Boxes from ships in the tech-times." He smiles and throws it into the air before cathing it. "We can get good trades for this, and we get this," he points to the thing before pointing out the window towards the smoke towers across the forest. "from scavenging out there."