New World

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh the creature shrieks feels threatened. and has grown to one meter high

Ben throws the grenade and it explodes letting out a huge bang and whine which rattles the windows. Ben is thrown back by the blast in to a table and yelps in pain.

Ben calls out "Jae are you ok i think ive scared it off i think the sonic grenade worked.. Jae?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Betna watches the events unfold with a roll of the eyes. "So much drama." He pokes a button on his ear plugs to put them on "deaf" setting. This Ben kid seemed to be rather controlling of the situation. That's a good factor in this forest. And he said he came from a pod... perfect for scavenging. I wonder where it is, he thinks before realizing something. "Did you incenerate it?" he growls towards Ben. "That meat is valuable out here, unlike whatever space scicence station you fell from!"

Ben replies " relax its a sonic grenade it will of either sacred it off killed it but not fried it. it being killed is more likely than alive " then he approaches where it was then turns around and looks again for Jae and calls her name

Jae watched from behind the tree. Behind them several yards stood a scout, who just watched. She had slipped behind the tree when he threw the grenade, not wanting him to recognize her. She took the stick she broke and threw it, letting it skim the ground and land at Ben's feet. She put a finger over her mouth to show not to give her away. Glancing back at the scout, she ducked behind a tree. That's the same scout..but why is it out here..If it recognizes me..I should run but..I need to hide better..It needs to go away.. She sunk to the ground, taking a deep breath and hoping the scout would go away.

Ben turns round and spots the scout and tackles the scout to the ground stopping it from flailing with his weight

Jae closed her eyes and checked around the corner again. She silently stand up and goes over to Betna, standing behind him. "That's the same scout that saw me before the natives attacked my parents.."She whispered, wondering if he would understand. She watched Ben carefully. "D-don't hurt it." She told him quietly, staying by Betna so the scout still wouldn't see her.

hearing jae's voice Ben stood up taking the scout and tied it to a tree then he searched it for any weapons or way of cutting free of the rope that bound it to the tree then he said to jae "ok i wont" then Ben turned to the scout and his voice went more serious as he asked " why are you here ?" no answer came so he repeats him self "why are you here ?" again no reply came so Ben raised his fist ready to punch the scout but when a squeal came from the scout he lowered his fist and said "ok were now getting some where. do you speak English..?" feeling like he had got nowhere he turned around to betna and jae "do you guys know how to speak the natives language as i cant seem to get this one to talk ?"​

Jae carefully came up behind Ben, wincing as the scout glared at her. "H-h-he doesn't understand you..he d-d-doesn't speak at all..o-only makes noises to communicate with other scouts.." She pulled up her knife, holding it threateningly as it started to make a noise. "I-i-it wants to call for help..b-but we should negotiate." She watched it carefully, cursing silently in her head that she was stuttering. She took a deep breath. "But it can read..that's the one weird thing.." She pulled out her ID and showed it to the scout, who made a weird grunt and nodded solemnly. "I'm not sure what that means though.."

"so their more telepathic...right" asked ben.

"Sort of..I'm not sure if they can read our minds or not.." Jae paused. Can you hear me? Scout..nod yes for yes and do nothing for no..can you hear me.. She thought, deciding to test it. The scout narrowed his eyes for a minute or two before nodding slowly. Jae shuddered, feeling as if she'd been plunged in icy cold water. "Yeah, he c-can if you look him straight in the eyes and concentrate.." She broke off as a voice entered her head, she was still looking him in the eyes.
'Parents-locked-scout-sent-escapee-lost girl-help girl.' said the voice and the same feeling came over her.
"H-he can r-reply..but it's not really good English." She continued to look him straight in the eyes, although his were almost closed. I am safe, not lost.

ben looked at the scout then said to jae "are we safe or is he calling for the cavalry as that would be the last thing we want and also the last thing we want is a dead body on our hands as that would by the feel of things enrage the natives". suddenly a crackling voice came in to his ear piece '' chrrhc chhr 3390 are you there repeat 3390 are you there this is control are you alive "

"He..he..we're safe...but..uh.." She couldn't find the words, she just watched the scout, who had quit reading her mind, the feeling disappeared and his eyes returned to normal. He shifted his gaze to Ben and made a small screech.

ben shifted back alittle and said " so is it trying to read my mind or something cos its staring at me dam that is once creepy feeling " then ben turned and stared back at the scout

Jae nodded. "Uh...I-I-I think so.." She sat down in front of the scout, trying to understand what it was saying.

The scout narrowed his eyes until they were almost closed. 'You-danger-lies-who-no-from-here' He growled, snapping Jae from her trance.

Jae jumped up, trying to figure out why he growled. "Uhhh...calm." She stuck her hand out like 'stop'.

Ben thinks for a moment and then goes to cut the scout free and says " please we mean you no harm im sorry i tied you up please stay and finish what you were saying"hen ben's ear peace came to life again and he taps it with one finger and starts to talk as he walks towards the scout . "control im safe. this planet has a massive singular biome it seems as there is extensive forest and the native are telepathic so you can tell Dr. Vonda to go shove that up his pipe and smoke it 3390 out. "

Jae waved at the scout, turning his attention. Safe..no problems.
The scout nodded. 'You-follow-need-natives-command-come-me-fetch.'
Jae shook her head, fear returning and overriding the icy cold feeling. I'm not going back..dangerous.
The scout made a whistle noise and grabbed Jae's arm, starting towards the trees.
Jae pulled out a knife, scaring the Scout into letting go. I stay. You go.
The scout nodded, his eyes still focused. 'Natives-mad-locked-die.' Then he jumped into the trees, leaving almost faster than he appeared.
Jae sat back down leaning her head against the tree and calming herself. "Ben..who are you talking to?" She asked after a minute or two.

"i was talking to the Operations chief of the scientific research on vessel Aurora. its been orbiting this planet for a couple of months now well that what i heard from crew members when i was taken out of cryogenics. basically i was sent here to retrieve data on this planet and find out why the colony failed here." Ben replies .