New World

Genis knells down in front of it. "Not sure... wanna come with us, little guy?" He offers it a plank-like stick to ride on if he want's to.

Jae smiled. I guess I am safe here. She stayed close behind Genis. "It's nice to meet you. I forgot to say that."

"It's fine, city folk usually forget themselves out here in the forest anyhow, you know with being lost and panic, all that stuff." Genis laughs. "They're all scared by the time we find them."

Jae nodded. "I wouldn't be surprised." She glanced back at the direction she'd come from. "Do you think they'll be okay?" Then she shook her head. How would he know, he doesn't know them.. "Nevermind..that was a stupid question."

"You're parents? You can ask the Unitares when we get home," he says, before walking away, appearing to be randomly moving through the forest. The ship worm would follow if it wanted to. Genis, however, wasn't moving randomly through the forest. He was looking at marking and paths etched out by previous people to lead to everywhere. "It's about an hour maybe form here."

the worm crawls up the stick i start creating a cocoon around him

((I just realized, in looking back, that the worm is small. I misread the post...:facepalm:))

Jae watched him move along and she followed behind, watching everywhere carefully. He seems to know nothing about where he's going.. She looked down at the plank, watching the worm. Genis's voice broke her attention. Maybe he does know...wait..an hour? "Okay." Was all she said. She didn't know what else to say.

Genis smiled back at her. "Everything'll be fine, miss Jae." He skips around among the tall tree with his torch-looking cocoon on a stick. "You'll notice time passes faster in the forest," he says as birds move overhead in a frenzy of flight.

Jae nodded, watching the birds carefully. "So..you live here?"

Skipping around Genis turned to her and grins. "Yeah, of course! Where else would I live?"

Jae shrugged. "I guess that's right.." She kept a close eye out, trying to remember little things, but everything looked the same. "Have you ever been attacked here?" She asked. She was asking questions just to relax her jumpy nerves. She didn't know how it worked, but it did.

"Yeah, of course," Genis laughs as he walks faster. "Everyone wants to protect their territory." He moves forward and then stops as the ground suddenly drops away into a dense forest-filled valley. "Home sweet home!" Genis gestures with a grin and a wide-swung arm.

Attachments

• VILLAGE.jpg
    VILLAGE.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 4
Jae stared for a moment before finding the right words to say. "Wow..That looks..safe. I've only seen things like this in pictures..." A small smile came on her face. "It's so pretty..and it looks safe.."

a unknown pod slams down in to the ground. the pod sat in the crater with steam around it the ground scorched around the edge of the crater and the hull of the pod. the pod itself was unmarked and seemed to be occupied with a human who has augmentations of the eye but no other major augmentation on him . the boy seem to have no identification such as name tags dog tags etc but on the door of the pod there is "#228 norevenge" on the panel that houses the handle to the pods door. the boy wake from his sleep and looks out the window of the pod before opening the door and unhinging it and placing it on the ground at the edge of the crater and returning back to the pod and retrieving a rucksack and setting the self destruct sequence of the pod and picking up the door running away leaving the pod to explode in a ball of fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genis smiles and starts to walk down the hill when he hears an explosion rock the forest. Smoke and fire arose from the distance. He smiles and almost jumps in place. "More supplies, come on!" he tells her before grabbing her hand and running down the hill, dragging her along with him into the village. Even in his excitement though he didn't drop the ship worm that had cocooned around the stick. "Maybe they'll let me go scavenging with them this time."

Jae stumbled along behind him. "Wait, scavenging..isn't that dangerous? What if the natives get there first?" She almost tripped on a rock but managed to do a small skip over it.

Genis laughs. "That's the fun part, it's a race!" As he stumbles down into the village he leads her to the outskirts, near a small cottage.

"Umm...okay then." She followed him closely, trying not to fall. "Where are we going again?"

Genis led her to the cottage. "Your gonna stay with me and my brother, Miss Jae, of course," he says excitedly before barginng into the small house. "Bibi, I brought home a friend!" A young man was standing at the counter messing with some shiny glowing contraption. "If it's another pet, you can't have it," the man says without looking around.

"uhh..okay." She followed him into the house, seeing the man and pausing. "Uhh..hi. I'm Jae." She gave a small wave out of habit. Why'd you do that? He's not even looking..idiot..wait..did he just say pet? She shook her head slightly to clear her mind. "I ran into Genis on the edge of the forest, it's nice to meet you."