Nefastus Lupata Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tengu raised an eyebrow at the girl who had just walked into him. Looks like someone got too distracted to watch where they were going. Not that he really cared all that much at the time, the only thing interesting about it was the fact that it happened to be the shrine maiden.

"Well, it's been a while since I last ran into your kind." As much as he wanted to smirk or laugh, he instead forced himself to return to an expressionless face for this meeting. "Or should I say, since one of your kind ran into me? Sounds more appropriate at this moment."

With enough deliberation, Valerie arrives at the door to the roof. She opens the door to find that a couple of inches of Skittles had built up on the floor of the roof. She steps out of the way as some amount of the candy slides past the door and bounces around before settling again. Valerie shoves the door and steps onto the candy-floor. She trudges along to the edge of the roof. As she begins to survey the crowd, a girl floats up.

Rin tilted her head, glancing down at the front entrance where her master had just popped down to to no doubt harass a couple of poor bastards. Looks like I got out of doing his bidding this time. She thought, satisfied that he wouldn't be able to bother he in the meantime. This seemed as good a time as any to get some distance from the flashy creep and head in to find her room. There was no way in hell she was going through the front door, not while Ex was loitering on the front steps. Instead, she hovered from her spot several feet above the courtyard too the roof, though it looked like she was not alone. "Konichiwa~" She greeted with a sly grin as she floated onto the roof. "Planning to take a dive? Teehee~"

Valerie eyes her for a moment or two before replying. "Hello. I'm appreciating the view. Nothing of that sort."
She sits on the edge of the roof, legs over the side, crossed. "Care to take a seat with me?"
Valerie figures she might as well start somewhere.

Seth was still standing with the skittles in hand when everyone decided to run off on him. "Of course now everyone gets a move on!" He thought, regarding Chester with a friendly farewell before running off to find the others.

Surprisingly though Nox didn't make it quite far from her launch zone. Seeing her trying to commute with another stranger whom he had no wish to add to his list of acquaintances he instead ran up ahead to catch up with the Mona girl.

"Hey, wait up!" He said cheerfully as he pulled up beside her. "Do you even know where you going? From what I've heard you gotta be careful where ya go. This place can be as deadly as it is astounding."

Turning back he calles to Nox. "Come on! Weren't we in a hurry here?" This girl seemed to get sidetracked by everything, Seth had hoped to get to his room before classes started.

So the teacher knew her last name. Totally not weird at all. Teachers have access to school rosters. The book he was thumbing through could have well been a list of student names. Sure. Let's go with that. Concentrating on what that book could have been took her mind off the fact that that it wasn't Chester turning those pages.

Mona lowered her head to the ground as she focused intently on the floor, careful to avoid eye contact with whatever else will be attending this school. Slooow and steady now.

Left foot... right foot... left foot... right foot... left-You're not waking up from this one.-foot... right foot-wait what?

Mona stopped in her tracks, her eyes nervously darting left and right. Who said that? Who's there? What did you say?! About to turn around and face the source, the sound of Seth's voice echoed from behind sending waves of relief through her body. Mona quietly let out an exasperated sigh knowing that she wasn't going to have to enter this place all alone. Mona casually masked her abrupt stop by cracking her neck with a tilt of her head and continued to proceed forward, albeit much slower so Seth and the others could catch up.

With a calm mind, Mona took in her surroundings. Glancing over the usual school decor, she noticed the shrine girl from earlier was talking it up with a dude with over-sized black feathery wings. Thaaaaank goodness. With the shrine chick keeping the avian stranger busy, Mona hoped she could slip by unnoticed and get to the office without any more mishaps.

As the odd girl and her group moved away, Aiace finally remembered that he had just been standing around since he had arrived here. He should probably be doing something, right? Something like actually going inside the building, or at least moving out of this puddle of skittles and marshmallows he appeared to have-- wait, what?

Looking down, he could see that he had indeed stepped into a large collection of candies. Well...that explains the smell from earlier. I wonder how these got here, though.

He scooped up some of the treats, thinking for a moment that he probably shouldn't eat random things he found on the ground. A few seconds later, he had consumed at least three of the marshmallows. Not bad, actually. Maybe he could keep some for later. Putting the rest he had picked up somewhere safe for now, he quickly walked into the large building before him before he could be forever distracted by the tasty objects. He still had to find out where he would be staying, after all.

The tengu raised an eyebrow at the girl who had just walked into him. Looks like someone got too distracted to watch where they were going. Not that he really cared all that much at the time, the only thing interesting about it was the fact that it happened to be the shrine maiden.

"Well, it's been a while since I last ran into your kind." As much as he wanted to smirk or laugh, he instead forced himself to return to an expressionless face for this meeting. "Or should I say, since one of your kind ran into me? Sounds more appropriate at this moment."

After first making sure to look as normal as one cloud in her situation Eri turned to the person she run into and didn't need a second glance to see that it was a tengu.

"A Tengu! It hasn't been long since I seen one of your kind but to find one of you here of all the places! What a surprise," Eri said, bowed politly as one should when greeting someone and added: "I am Eri Unakahi, Miko of Ona Jinja. I greet you Tengu."

"I can't make a floating platform....I don't think....." Nox replied to Ex's accusation, completely missing the point. She looked down the hallway, just realizing Mona and Seth were quite a bit ahead. Fortunately they had taken off in the right direction, but Nox didn't want anyone in the group to get left behind. It'd be a shame if her new friends got picked off before they could even make it to their rooms.

"Zix.....uh...Mister...." Nox began, not exactly what to how to address the god of trickery, as it seemed like he had been too busy being humble to properly introduce himself. "We should probably head to the office, before people start flooding through the front doors." She hoped they would listen to her, since she couldn't exactly move around easily with all that she had to carry, and it didn't look like Mona and Seth were going to wait for her if she had to stop and readjust her grip on all her things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rin scoffed in disgust. "And what? Sit around and talk? Screw that!" She circled around Valerie, not taking her malicious stare off of the mage for a second. She looked human, but Rin got the impression she wasn't, not entirely. "No, I'm looking for some way to kill my boredom...I've got a chance to run around free, and I'm not going to waste a moment of it." She slowly stopped circling Valerie and touched ground on the ledge, almost impossibly balanced. "You seem bored too....or maybe you're just boring...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chester continued to flip through his text, and while he might've looked like he was entirely engulfed in his reading, he was hardly even focused on what was written in it. Though after a moment, it occurred to him he probably could've focused more on his reading, as it had been some time since an entrance portal opened. Surely there were more students to come, but it looked like this might be it for the time being.

He stayed aware of the feline heading up the steps, gathering some of the puddles of sugary goods at his feet and stuffing them in his mouth or his pockets. "Just continue stalking that group that just headed in, little nekomata, and you'll find your way through the school just fine." Chester spoke as Aiace passed him by, not even bothering to take his eyes off the page. "And you should proceed with more caution. You're very lucky that candy wasn't poisonous or actually some sort of parasite."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It has." Locke agreed, his tail swishing against Orion's leg. Sure, Orion had been less than pleasant during the final days of the last semester, but in his defense, Locke had stabbed him in order to steal his powers and blood, and, in doing so, forced Orion to take responsibility of Locke aaaaaaand sort of kind of accidentally not only introduced him to the wolf he had stolen his silver blood from buuuut also ratted him out that he had let Locke take his blood.

So yea, who could really blame the guy.

But that was all in the past. Locke had recovered after a good month of mourning, and had to flee home before the summer was over, so he had plenty of time to think about things and of course work on getting a better handle on his new abilities. It seemed like Orion had gotten over things as well, as he was certainly being friendlier, much to Locke's delight. Besides, Locke was hoping maybe he could make it up to him later that night.....

"How was your summer, cutie?" He asked, smiling.

Aiace looked up when he heard the voice calling out, but then looked around to make sure that there wasn't another nekomata that was being spoken to.
...Nope, guess not. It couldn't hurt to check in a place like this, though, right?

He turned back to the other catlike being reading on the stairs. "Oh, okay. Thank you." At the comment about the candy, he looked down at the handful he had most recently picked up. Hm...that really was a good point he brought up. He was pretty sure he would be fine even if they were poisoned, but parasites...he actually wasn't sure. He didn't really want to find out, either, on the chance that he actually wouldn't survive and would probably die a very horrible and painful death...
...Which he did not doubt could most definitely happen for even a second.

Now completely unsure whether or not to eat the colorful sugar, he continued inside, nodding toward the other entity. "Right. I'll be more careful, sir." Upon entering, he soon located the group from before, though they seemed to be a bit split up. They were still all heading in the same direction, though, so he just followed behind them for now.

-----

Expression never changing, the tengu gave a short bow, no more than he really felt he had to for a greeting. He could still be polite when he met people, though he didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea from it. "Miss Unakahi, I greet you in return. I will go by Katsuruga for now."

Hm...So she seemed to be the friendly type after all....

"So, uh, where exactly do you come from Mona? It doesn't seem like this is the place you wanted or want to be. Why is that?" Seth strode up beside her. "It's not really my business but maybe I could help in some way?" He asked curiously.

This girl seemed off, she didn't really look like she belonged here, this place was dangerous and all manner of things could transpire. Seth looked over his shoulder at the sounds of footsteps peddling on behind them, to his surprise it wasn't who he was expecting, rather instead of the loli-esqe body-toter it was another cat hybrid.

Twas peculiar, maybe the two felines knew of eachother? Inviting Seth lifted his hand in a friendly wave before turning back to the possibly human girl. As ideas formed in his head he reached a hand into his belt pouch trying to find something. He looked the girl in the eyes impatiently, fearing that when the Catboy caught up it would decrease the chance she would open up to anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rin scoffed in disgust. "And what? Sit around and talk? Screw that!" She circled around Valerie, not taking her malicious stare off of the mage for a second. She looked human, but Rin got the impression she wasn't, not entirely. "No, I'm looking for some way to kill my boredom...I've got a chance to run around free, and I'm not going to waste a moment of it." She slowly stopped circling Valerie and touched ground on the ledge, almost impossibly balanced. "You seem bored too....or maybe you're just boring...."

Valerie keeps her eyes on Rin, turning her head to the other side when Rin floats around her back.
"I'm a little of both right now. I have a job to do and it requires me to be boring. My job is boring sometimes too."
She crosses her legs the other way. "However, I'm not above giving you some of my time, if you do something for me in return."

"Harlem", Mona said matter-of-factually. It was comforting to respond to such an ordinary question and take her mind off of the stress.

"Ain't no 90210. But it's home. I'm here 'cause of the....uhh letter." she said, pulling out the black invitation and waving it as proof. "Got kicked out of most everywhere else. Sent to juvy a few times... Now I'm here. Free board, free gym, free grub... it's a dream come true!" Mona smiled, which was a rarity for her to be so openly expressive-- giddy at the prospect of not having to worry when her next hot meal would be.

"You?" Mona asked, keeping this conversation steady.

Despite the freaky happenings thus far, all of the free benefits still outweighed the pains of dealing with the crazies. Yyyyup, all she had to do is not flunk out of NLA.

...Like she always does.

...With every other school.

Mona realized this might be a problem.

"Hey, uh, Seth? You uh... wouldn't know if classes here are hard? I'm... hmm... no good at... mathy sciencey history...well... thinky stuff..." Mona worriedly whispered behind a cupped hand .

If the teachers were all as nonchalant as Mr. Chester, they wouldn't mind too much if she ditched once or twice. Or more. Would they?

"So how about we see how to get information about where are our rooms are, I am wondering where we might find such infomation," she said and started walking slowly and talked to the Tengu as she did: "So Katsuruga-san where are you from? I mean the only Tengu I know live on the mountains around Ona in their own homes as some sort of hermits. They are mostly extremely proud but are good people overall."

Last edited:
"I'm Ex." the deity answered in response to Zix's question. "AKA the God of Mischief; AKA the Big Bad Wolf." he rambled on. "And I refuse to be upstaged." he glared at her, still thinking of something big to do to show her up. Needless to say this thought process took priority over all others, so it wasn't surprising that he so casually brushed off Nox's concern. "The main office isn't going anywhere. We'll get there when we get there." he told her, lightly waving his hand at her as if he were shooing off a fly. Then again… Ex thought, the wheels turning in his head as Nox's words may have sparked a fun little idea.

"Oh… fine." Orion responded, fidgeting a bit as Locke's tail tickled his leg. "Spent a lot of it living out in the wild. Simpler times and all that, you know? Kind of helped me get over all the uh… craziness from my first year at TJA." he looked at the ground a bit nervously, not wanting to reference what happened between the two of them word-for-word. "Still wandered around some human cities whenever I got bored, though. And whenever I got tired of eating rare meat." he laughed.

"Eh, truthfully? No idea." Seth sighed as nostalgic waves and pictures of his old home fluttered about in his busy mind. "Anyways, I heard about those letters, your pretty lucky to get one, once everything gets all settled I'm sure this place will turn out to be well worth the confusion."

Finally he withdrew his hand from his bag pulling put a small bundle of jerky wrapped in tinfoil, pulling of a piece he offered some to Mona. "Speaking of free food, here. Don't worry, it's probably more sanitary then the candy that everyone was eating earlier." He assured her.

"And as for the classes it's all relative, they are optional after all, this place is as much a safe haven as it is a place of learning." Seth smiled brightly, it's been quite some time since he's actually talked to anyone even the least bit normal.

"But, I wouldn't worry much, the classes are more or less for learning, not grading. People would get much more out of life if they worked this way." Seth started to chow down on the rest of the beef jerky while they walked. "Hey, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, I can tell you are full of em!"

The strange Catboy seemed to be catching up now, Seth didn't seem to mind, in fact he was a little curious. Maybe this one could answer a few questions of his own.

Aiace continued following the group, eventually even managing to catch up to the normal-looking human and her companion. "Ah...hi there. I heard you were going to the office? I hope it's okay if I tag along?" He looked hopefully at the two, but quickly looked back down at the floor, ears folding back in embarrassment. "Oh, right! I'm Aiace, by the way. Sorry, I probably should have said that first..."

----

"I come from the Kaikoma Mountain. There are plenty of hermits there as well, but I cannot say that I am one of them." He continued walking in the direction that he believed must lead to the office, as he was pretty sure that one of the people heading the same way had mentioned something about it. Either way, he could always ask for directions if he was wrong. "I agree that pride is very prevalent among the tengu I know as well. It is common in our culture, I suppose, though some do take it too far. Whether they are good as a people or not, I personally am not sure. Everyone has their favorable and unfavorable points, but I suppose that is true of many."

Mona gladly accepted the free jerky from Seth and took a hearty bite into it. Optional classes? You're kidding! This has gotta be great.

"But, I wouldn't worry much, the classes are more or less for learning, not grading. People would get much more out of life if they worked this way."

"I know right? munch munch I mean, how's a kid- munch munch supposed to work with all these report cards and grades and stuff? munch munch munch" Mona really found herself opening up to this kid. Normally she would keep quiet and to herself, but having someone take genuine interest in her helped her a lot. And, surprisingly, Seth was right. She did have quite a few questions that needed answering.

"So Scales. munch munch Where do all these dudes comes from? Freaky ears, wings, tails...", Mona motioned with her hands. " 'Never seen anyone like that- munch munch munch well... ever. I'm guessin' that tail a' yours ain't fake either. munch munch " Mona's bet was on a toxic waste leak. If her comic book knowledge was correct, any contact with the green goop could give you super cool powers. That WOULD explain a bunch of the weird stuff happening around here. Pure full-blown science right here.

"Ah...hi there. I heard you were going to the office? I hope it's okay if I tag along?" "Oh, right! I'm Aiace, by the way. Sorry, I probably should have said that first..."

Mona turned her head to the cat-boy behind her.

"No sweat. Scales, Mona" she said curtly, pointing to Seth and herself respectively, getting introductions out of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Locke stuck out his tongue. "Gross....sorry, but I can't imagine eating uncooked meat, except sushi, of course." He replied, "Plus, hunting was never really my forte anyways." He shoots Orion a friendly smile, his fox-like ears perking up slightly with his change of expression "But hey, at least we don't have to worry about having to hunt or scavenge for food now that we're back in school, right? I mean....as long as the cafeteria doesn't get wrecked again this year.....fingers crossed!" He crossed his fingers. He was glad to be back, and glad to be with people he knew. It had been a looooooong summer, and he knew his chances of living peacefully at NLA were slim to none, but at least here he was free to settle down a bit, instead of having to be on the move, constantly paranoid.

-----------------------------------------------

The courtyard was almost entirely empty, as most of the first batch of students had already headed in. Slamming his book closed, Chester decided he probably wouldn't miss anything if he popped out for a few minutes, he'd just have to stay alert for when another portal was opening up.

With just a thought, he teleported himself into the Headmaster's office, making himself at home on the chair facing the pink-blooded principal's desk. "Hello, roomie." He said with a smirk, laying with both legs resting up on the chair's arm. "How have you been doing?"

-----------------------------------------------

This caught Rin's attention. She floated over to Valerie, her turquoise eyes filled with a ravenous curiosity as they came face to face. "What could you possible want from me?" She asked with a wicked sneer. Valerie may have just saved herself a world of hurt, as Rin loved nothing more then striking up deals and playing games, whereas she had no patience for things that were useless and uninteresting.

What Valerie said next would determine whether Rin would let her walk out of her in one piece.

Orion laughed at Locke's comment on raw meat. "No, it's fine, I get it - it's not like you grew up on the stuff." he shrugged. He did like the notion of living off the school's cafeteria for a while, though. He lived in the wild for a few months to get his mind off things, but he certainly didn't want to stay there long - there was a reason he left that life in the first place, after all. "That reminds me, we should probably head to the main office sooner rather than later - find out where our dorms are and all that." he spoke up, heading in that direction. "Oh and, did you experiment with your new powers at all over the summer?" he asked, partially because he was curious and partially to establish the fact that he was at least comfortable with Locke being a Silver now.

Locke glanced over at the wall, scratching the back of his head nervously. "Actually...yes. I spent a good deal of the summer training....if you could call it that..." By his tone, it sounded like the majority of his summer had been less than pleasant. That was somewhat of an understatement, but Locke was used to dealing with chaos and drama, which only made him feel more at home at TJA.

Status
Not open for further replies.