Nefastus Lupata Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flustered, "Niniane, I'm glad that you are being through, but I'm pretty sure introductions are best kept to just the basics." Transitioning to a more explanatory tone, "I think this custom came about because when two individuals meet each other, they only have a minimal investment and context of interaction with you. If you tell them too much, it might get annoying because not everyone wants to hear all that, and at least among humans, they will be unlikely to remember it." Aria then looks with a sense of curiosity, "Also, it is a little surprising that you have that much information on me, but nothing about yourself."

Turning to face Aiace, "Plus, we were just coming over to help, but then we ended up all getting to know each other. So do you want to tag along with me and Niniane, or did you still need help finding something?"

"...Can I still be your mentor? If anything, I think it would be great to be around someone else to figure confusing things out with, at least. Aria! You should join us, too!" The catboy's eyes lit up and his tail swung behind him in excitement. The whole idea of being a 'mentor' in his mind had kind of broken down into just trying to learn what he could with other people who seemed nearly as confused as he was and maybe trying to be a good influence at least sometimes because they were actually kinda younger than him... But still! It would be an adventure of some sort, he was sure. Besides, he finally found another cat of some kind, and the other girl seemed pretty nice. Maybe they could be friends.

...Maybe that was what he should have asked to be in the first place, actually. But still...he really liked the idea of being a good older influence...

"Huh? Do people really not care that much about the people they meet here? I mean, I guess if you wanted to say it yourself later, but that seemed pretty general and I think it saved a lot of time. Ah, I should reciprocate, then! I hardly told you anything about myself!" The boy put a hand to his chin again as he looked up to the ceiling in thought for a moment, snapping his fingers and looking back with a grin when he decided what to tell them. "Okay, so I'm Aiace Cavallero, I want to be a chef, I came from Sicily, and I'm...some number of years old. I kinda lost track after a really long time..."

He started attempting to count on his fingers before he realized that the aura mage was already trying to say something else. The swishing of his tail died down quickly as he listened, suddenly unsure once again. "Oh. So you really didn't want to know. I'm sorry for all that, then." This human was really confusing him. She seemed pretty friendly, but she wasn't interested in befriending him at all after having approached him? Had he actually made that bad of an impression so early on after all? Then why did she want him to join them? What had he missed? "I was just looking for my room so I could put everything away, really. I guess I got distracted. If you're going somewhere else, though, I can follow along for now. I just don't want to be lost anymore."

Niniane blinked at Aria's response, tilting her head slightly. "I have lots of information on seemingly everyone here, but virtually nothing on myself." she clarified, thinking she'd already made that abundance of knowledge clear, even if none of them knew where it all came from.

Her eyes then widened as Aiace asked to be her mentor. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about such an offer, but it was very clear how Aiace felt. Niniane felt her heart rate increase as the nekomata's positivity welled up inside her; she wasn't sure she'd ever felt so much excitement before. And the feeling was much to good to refuse.

"You are 327 years old." she spoke up as she brought herself back to reality, hearing Aiace continue on. "And yes, you may be my mentor." she continued. "Anything to make you so happy." she told him, not quite smiling, but… a bit more alert and motivated-looking than she was before, slightly elevated from her usual indifferent expression.

"Interested?YesYes.YouDidn'tEatMe." Tweeted Ki absentmindedly without giving it a second thought. The little bird flew about examining Moon as he went before speaking to the other bird resting on the canines head. "Hey.IsHeYourFriend?" The tiny birds words strung together rapidly as he immediately forgot his previous dilemma as he focused on this new curiosity.

It took Moon a second to react. But when he did, he pulled his head off the ground in confusion, looking back at the tiny bird confusedly as he wasn't quite sure if he did hear what he thought he heard.

"'Friend'?" Goldie echoed eagerly, holding her wings out to keep her balance as the canine moved beneath her. "Yes Moon is friend!! Moon is good friend. Moon is-"

"Hush for a moment." Moon barked at her, shaking her off of his head to get his message across as she swiftly relocated herself on the ground. With Goldie silent, Moon laid his head back on the ground, as close as he could get to eye-level with the tiny creature. "Now then…" he pressed on skeptically. "What did you say, little bird?"

"...Can I still be your mentor? If anything, I think it would be great to be around someone else to figure confusing things out with, at least. Aria! You should join us, too!" The catboy's eyes lit up and his tail swung behind him in excitement. The whole idea of being a 'mentor' in his mind had kind of broken down into just trying to learn what he could with other people who seemed nearly as confused as he was and maybe trying to be a good influence at least sometimes because they were actually kinda younger than him... But still! It would be an adventure of some sort, he was sure. Besides, he finally found another cat of some kind, and the other girl seemed pretty nice. Maybe they could be friends.

...Maybe that was what he should have asked to be in the first place, actually. But still...he really liked the idea of being a good older influence...

"Huh? Do people really not care that much about the people they meet here? I mean, I guess if you wanted to say it yourself later, but that seemed pretty general and I think it saved a lot of time. Ah, I should reciprocate, then! I hardly told you anything about myself!" The boy put a hand to his chin again as he looked up to the ceiling in thought for a moment, snapping his fingers and looking back with a grin when he decided what to tell them. "Okay, so I'm Aiace Cavallero, I want to be a chef, I came from Sicily, and I'm...some number of years old. I kinda lost track after a really long time..."

He started attempting to count on his fingers before he realized that the aura mage was already trying to say something else. The swishing of his tail died down quickly as he listened, suddenly unsure once again. "Oh. So you really didn't want to know. I'm sorry for all that, then." This human was really confusing him. She seemed pretty friendly, but she wasn't interested in befriending him at all after having approached him? Had he actually made that bad of an impression so early on after all? Then why did she want him to join them? What had he missed? "I was just looking for my room so I could put everything away, really. I guess I got distracted. If you're going somewhere else, though, I can follow along for now. I just don't want to be lost anymore."
Niniane blinked at Aria's response, tilting her head slightly. "I have lots of information on seemingly everyone here, but virtually nothing on myself." she clarified, thinking she'd already made that abundance of knowledge clear, even if none of them knew where it all came from.

Her eyes then widened as Aiace asked to be her mentor. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about such an offer, but it was very clear how Aiace felt. Niniane felt her heart rate increase as the nekomata's positivity welled up inside her; she wasn't sure she'd ever felt so much excitement before. And the feeling was much to good to refuse.

"You are 327 years old." she spoke up as she brought herself back to reality, hearing Aiace continue on. "And yes, you may be my mentor." she continued. "Anything to make you so happy." she told him, not quite smiling, but… a bit more alert and motivated-looking than she was before, slightly elevated from her usual indifferent expression.
Aria seems a bit confused as Aiace acts a bit strange around her. Maybe it might have something to do with her explaining that people generally don't want to hear too much information about someone they just met, but that could hardly be said to be true about Aria herself. Being an Aura Mage means having a built in incentive to learning that sort of information. The more Aria learns about others, the more powerful her magic becomes. In addition to this, Aria just naturally liked getting to know others. Attempting to reassure Aiace, "You don't have to cut yourself off for me either. Although that custom did come up as I said, I'm still interested in getting to know you." Laughing nervously, "And if you are going to be Niniane's mentor, we will probably be seeing a lot of each other."

"My name?" the silver echoed as he walked back inside the school. "Oh, it's Orion." he replied, starting to make his way through the halls before quickly stopping, confused. He started to reach into his pocket for the map he'd been given, only to quickly remember why that wouldn't help. "Shit, the halls are still all fucked up…" he muttered, scanning the available pathways in an attempt to figure out which way to go. "Might take me a while to find my room and stuff… hope you don't mind." he explained to the tiny orb following him.
"Deah find room! Deah find! Orion, room, talk, talk," Deah said, trying to explain that if Orion would describe his room Deah would probably be able to find it, hoping that his companion would understand the message. After all Deah could see in all specters of the EM wave length, from gama to microwave, so it would be easier for him then to Orion to find something, if he knew how it looked, naturally...

"Know? I think that we only meet once during the Great Meeting at Stonehenge and we never talked, but he was a popular topic amongst the witches of northern Britannia, so I heard a lot of stories about him from them, but that was already in the sunset of magic, dragons and other beings from our way of life," Niko said as she made her way trough another wall: "Well since you are his kid your name must be Tavor... Tavorth right? I remember one of Britannia's witches informing me about you some time ago. Since I know your name should give you mine too, I am Niko, "Vagantem Alchymista", the "Roaming Alchemist"."
Tavorth got a smug look from hearing this and replied "That's not surprising, my father being popular among the Witches and all. He was an important and mighty Dragon after all". Then when Niko correctly guessed his name he replied "Why yes, Tavorth is my name. Nice to see my name has been making it's way around too, although that's not surprising. It is nice to know your name as well though, Niko Vagantem Alchymista". He then took a quick look around the hallway and asked "So, how much longer do you think it will be until we find this God of yours?".

It took Moon a second to react. But when he did, he pulled his head off the ground in confusion, looking back at the tiny bird confusedly as he wasn't quite sure if he did hear what he thought he heard.

"'Friend'?" Goldie echoed eagerly, holding her wings out to keep her balance as the canine moved beneath her. "Yes Moon is friend!! Moon is good friend. Moon is-"

"Hush for a moment." Moon barked at her, shaking her off of his head to get his message across as she swiftly relocated herself on the ground. With Goldie silent, Moon laid his head back on the ground, as close as he could get to eye-level with the tiny creature. "Now then…" he pressed on skeptically. "What did you say, little bird?"
Ki fluttered slightly as the Wolf hushed his avian companion. The question didn't seem to register right in the birds hyperactive brain. "ISaidYouDidn'tEatMe.Strange." After a few moments the little hummingbird took a pause. "YouUnderstand?" He hovers closer to Moons face as he tilts his head questioningly.

"Deah find room! Deah find! Orion, room, talk, talk," Deah said, trying to explain that if Orion would describe his room Deah would probably be able to find it, hoping that his companion would understand the message. After all Deah could see in all specters of the EM wave length, from gama to microwave, so it would be easier for him then to Orion to find something, if he knew how it looked, naturally...

Orion blinked in response to the orb's continuous chattering. "…You want me to talk about my room?" he guessed, figuring that didn't make a ton of sense, but, it was the only meaning he could extrapolate from its words. "I don't really know anything about my room; I haven't made it there yet." he explained. "If I did, I would've tried teleporting already — but I can't teleport someplace I've never been, and I don't remember the dorm area well enough from last year." he continued. He didn't see much harm in being so open about his powers with an orb that seemed to only barely be sentient.

Ki fluttered slightly as the Wolf hushed his avian companion. The question didn't seem to register right in the birds hyperactive brain. "ISaidYouDidn'tEatMe.Strange." After a few moments the little hummingbird took a pause. "YouUnderstand?" He hovers closer to Moons face as he tilts his head questioningly.

"You," Moon's eyes widened. "You understa-…" he started to reply, scurrying backwards with his front legs out of shock until he'd propped himself up into a sort of sitting position, then cut himself off as he realized they both had the same response. "…So then, we understand each other…" he mused, bringing his head closer to the tiny bird again. "So you're… noooo, you couldn't be…" he rambled on, sniffing the small creature closely. "Hmm… well, you're obviously no ordinary bird, at the very least. Probably another student here, rather." he continued. "So then… what are you, exactly?"

Status
Not open for further replies.