Nefastus Lupata Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have no idea." Niniane answered quickly. "I just… know things. About people. Lots of different types of people." she explained… sort of. "A shame I don't know much about myself, though. I have no idea where my information comes from. It's just there." she spoke monotonously, though her cat-like eyes seemed wide and curious. "Still, I can't recall I've ever received information on a human before. So theoretically they would be rare, but…" she paused, as if reading more information from some invisible source. "But according to what I know about you, you come from a place where many humans exist." she finished. "Strange…"

Aiace joined the two at the window, seeing that they were no longer on the ground floor as he had thought they were. "This doesn't seem right. I wonder how we got here." Hm...was it normal for this school to do this? He doubted that the others would know, either. After a minute of looking around the area confusedly, he shrugged and looked toward another hall that he didn't really remember. "Well, I guess we might as well start walking somewhere. Even if we don't know how we got here, we can probably find someone who can help us somewhere, right?" The cat really hoped that someone helpful was who they ran into instead of one of the more dangerous entities that Seth had seemed to be worried about before.

Aria smiles, "That's amazing. I didn't think there was such a cool ability. Its true, I used to live in a village with mostly humans. I think there were a few exceptions, but I never got to meet them since they were usually in the higher classes." Aria comes to a realization, "I think you already know a lot about me, but that probably doesn't count as an introduction. My name is Aria, Aria Windlock, and you are?"

"My name is... oh. Hold on." The microz spoke, pausing again before continuing. "I believe the name I assigned to myself is... Niniane." she answered. "I'm sorry, it would appear my own memories don't come to me as easily as the knowledge of others." she explained. "Actually, I don't remember anything since the end of the last school year. I think I might've been asleep all that time."

Aria looks shocked by her statement, "Wow, I've never slept anywhere near that long! There was one time when I slept really late after getting through with my finals, but even then it was only about 16 hours. Though, its too bad that you have a bad memory. Niniane is a cute name, it really suits you."

"I wasn't aware I could sleep for such long periods of time, either." Niniane answered honestly. "Is my memory bad? I don't think I have a good frame of reference. I just know little of myself. Besides, I haven't been alive for longer than a year, I don't think." she explained. Then Aria complimented her name. "Oh, well... thank you." she answered a bit awkwardly, as if she wasn't entirely sure of the social protocol when accepting a compliment. "I don't remember who gave me the name."

Then, after another moment's pause, her eye's widened ever so slightly as she became aware of another detail in Aria's character, and her brain attempted to put the pieces together. "...Are you attracted to me?" she asked. "I noticed that you generally feel an attraction towards females. I..." she stopped, looking down at herself for a moment. "I think I'm female."

"Yea." Locke answered, "I was so careful about hiding it to. But I guess my mom figured out something was up." The fox's expression only got colder at the mention of his family. His tone grew resentful, and even if he didn't mind talking about it, it was clear he was still pretty vexed about it. "I never even heard her coming when she shoved me down the stairs....fortunately there wasn't a lot of blood....nothing left behind for her to take. But of course as soon as she had her proof, she attacked."

"That's... awful." Orion replied slowly, eyes locked onto the floor. All his life, he'd hidden his silver blood for fear of it falling into the hands of the wrong people, and also so he wouldn't scare away women, but... not once did he ever consider the possibility of being prejudiced against because of it. "I never would've thought anyone would react that way to it."

Heat fills Aria's face, leaving it a scarlet color. Usually Aria wasn't the type to be embarrassed about her attraction to girls, but at the same time, this would be the first time someone could know that without being told. It was an awkward question too, as Niniane wasn't ugly by any means, she was actually pretty adorable. She had a very feral look about her. Her black gloves, the dress, those boots, everything made her absolutely adorable. Aria be lying is she didn't admit Niniane looked attractive to her, but Aria wasn't even thinking about her attractiveness until Niniane brought it up. "Well, I wasn't really thinking about it, but you are really cute. I mean, I didn't think anything of it at first, I just meant to complement you. I didn't really mean it as an attempt to court you."

"Oh, it's quite alright." Niniane spoke calmly. "No need for your face to be red." she assured Aria. Thinking about it herself, there was nothing off-putting about Aria's appearance, but... nothing particularly attractive either. Was she capable of this sort of attraction? Was she even capable of forming an opinion about a person? She really wasn't sure. "I... I'm not sure how I feel about this."

"Well, that's Plethora for you. Only thing she cares about is being on top." Locke remarked with an exasperated sigh. "had to stay on the move after that, since she and her cronies have been trying to hunt me down." He smirks, "Though I doubt they'll be able to follow me up here. Never thought I'd call this place peaceful, but honestly I'll take fighting off man-eating monsters over having to constantly worry about her catching me."

Aria certainly didn't think she'd make anyone question their sexuality today, though also, back home everyone was a lot more sure about the matter. Meanwhile, Niniane didn't seem to know much of anything about herself to certainly. In its own way, that is a pretty good quality. Someone like that is about the opposite of arrogant. For now, it is probably best to change the subject. Aria looks flustered, "You really don't need to think about it. I mean, we just met. Rather than that, I think I got a bit distracted... I needed to find the main office, but the hallways don't match the map I got. Is there any chance you know how to find it?"

"Man-eating monsters?" Orion echoed. "Where... what sort of place do you come from, exactly?" Up until this point, Orion had just assumed Locke came from a whole race of gender-ambiguous, deceptive furries. Apparently he'd been wrong.

Last edited:
Niniane nodded at Aria's request to change the subject, though unfortunately, she didn't think she'd be of much help with the mage's predicament. "Do I know where the main office is...?" she asked herself. Pausing to think for a moment, she quickly deduced that such was not the case. "No, I do not have knowledge on places. Only people." she answered plainly.

"I may be able to help you based on memory, though..." she offered. "I think I woke up in the main office today. There were lots of papers." she told Aria, before looking around and attempting to get a sense of direction. "Before I found you, I think I came from... this way." she spoke up before attempting to re-trace her steps and lead Aria down a nearby hallway. Though her head tilted curiously when she saw a staircase at the end of said hallway. "Oh... I don't remember taking any stairs." she stated.

Though I didn't have a large amount of faith in Niniane's memory, following her was better than me just aimlessly wandering around. When Aria encountered a set of stairs that Niniane didn't remember, the words of the merchant began to make sense to Aria. Did he really mean that the entire building has been rearranged? Aria looks over to Niniane, "Do you think that the halls have been rearranged? I think I remember someone saying something suggesting that. Well, what I mean to say is, has something like this happened before?"

Niniane stopped to think, going over the database of students and staff in her head. "...Has it happened before? Hard to say. Are there individuals here who are capable? Yes." she answered. "Quite a few gods here, for example - they would be capable of such a feat."

Locke scoffs, bemused by Orion's cluelessness. "I'm talking about Nefastus Lupata. You know, that school we go to full of things that are usually trying to kill us?" He replied. Good thing Orion was attractive, because clearly he wasn't terribly sharp.

Aria coughs a bit, amazed at how casually Niniane was able to say such an incredible thing. "So you mean to say that I'm attending a school, that is also attended by gods! I knew that this place hosted all races, but I never even considered that might ably to divinity!"

"Oh, right." Locke replied, rubbing his hand against his forehead. It had been a weird and awkward morning and he hadn't even yet encountered one stalker catgirl capable of removing all his powers and then barely knowing how to put them back or anything else of the sort, so with all he'd been thinking about his mind was a little garbled. "Sorry about that. My mind was still stuck on you. I mean..." he trailed off awkwardly. "You know what I mean."

----

"Oh. I didn't expect that to be surprising." Niniane answered. "I suppose sometimes I forget that not everyone knows all the students as easily as I do."

Aria suddenly realized exactly what was meant by "all". That term was meant incredibly literally. They didn't mean something like all peaceful, all humanoid, or anything like that. They meant, if it is a thing that exists it can come here. This information was equal parts amazing and terrifying. Aria thinks frantically to herself, "Is this place even safe for me to attend? I can't even fend off my teachers back home. If I anger someone here, it isn't going to end well for me. I don't know how I'm supposed to react to this information."

Status
Not open for further replies.