Nefastus Lupata Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsewhere in front of the school, another silver had appeared - though this one was in human form, casually standing around near the entrance of the school as he looked over some skittles lying on the ground. Mildly curious, he picked up a small handful and examined them in his hand, sniffing them in an attempt to gauge how long they'd been lying there. Unfortunately, his human nose wasn't as suited to the task as his natural canine nose, but regardless, he shrugged in apathy and tossed them into his mouth. Yeah, they didn't taste too bad.

Rain puddles of candy were certainly a weird occurrence, but at NLA, he'd nearly become so used to the madness he hardly reacted. Well, at least where non-dangerous, actually kind of pleasant surprises were concerned. If it were raining knives, for example, he'd probably have a different reaction.

"I should probably find my dorm and stuff…" he mumbled as he chewed, walking inside.

Ex may have been self-absorbed and egotistical, but he certainly wasn't deaf. Distracted from his search for the Candy Man in the Sky, his ears perked up when he heard his name and title in a nearby conversation, and he couldn't help but eavesdrop…

"Excuse me," he butted in, standing in front of Eri and blocking her path. "I'll have you know I am plenty an evil entity." he snarked, eying Eri and Chester. "I killed so many I completely lost track of my body count." he bragged. "I created an entire fucking world, goddammit!" he crossed his arms.

Sure, he'd already lost his opportunity to make a perfect entrance, but he refused to let this be the reputation he entered NLA with. He would take care of the notion that he was "just a nuisance" and show them something real impressive as soon as they ask for a demonstration of his power. To Ex, it was clear he'd have a new chance to make a great first impression on everyone.

And to everyone else, it was clear that Ex had minimal experience in human* interaction.

*Well… you know.

Rin tilted her head, glancing down at the front entrance where her master had just popped down to to no doubt harass a couple of poor bastards. Looks like I got out of doing his bidding this time. She thought, satisfied that he wouldn't be able to bother he in the meantime. This seemed as good a time as any to get some distance from the flashy creep and head in to find her room. There was no way in hell she was going through the front door, not while Ex was loitering on the front steps. Instead, she hovered from her spot several feet above the courtyard too the roof, though it looked like she was not alone. "Konichiwa~" She greeted Valerie with a sly grin as she floated onto the roof. "Planning to take a dive? Teehee~"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Orion began down the hall, he felt something brushing up against his thigh. Something moving...and fluffy....

"Hey, sugar~" A familiar voice chimed just inches away from him, sounding just as flirtatious and seductive as the day Orion had met the devious vixen.

Granted, he had looked more like a vixen back then, and less like the man who had just appeared out of the blue beside him, shooting him an alluring smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And if that isn't over-compensation, I don't know what is." Chester thought aloud, not even bothering to glance over at the obnoxious deity before shrugging him off entirely. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Seth, Mona. I do believe you're the first Zaltharian I've seen enrolled here...." Chester commented, "But yes, you'll find Nefastus Lupata is an extraordinarily interesting place. I was a student here last year, though now I'm teaching astronomy and what not."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mona was happy to finally have someone else take the lead and do the talking instead of her, even if it meant having her name mispronounced. Even the girl wearing oriental garb and a sword over her shoulder simply got up and left without saying a word to her and the others, which made Mona very relieved since she was dangerously reaching her social interaction quota for the day. First meeting two strangers and suddenly three more in front of the school stairs? It was more than Mona's aloof side could muster.

Looking around, Mona started to feel pretty isolated. A lizard boy, a skeleton hoarder, a kitty cat boy, and... glowy-glowy-eye guy. Slowly this day of hers was turning into an episode of Wizard of Oz, with her as poor Dorothy stuck in a twisted dream. All that was missing was a Toto and the Wicked Witch.

And... wait... stop daydreaming... concentrate. He killed people? World building?

Mona rolled her eyes. Must be an author. One of those "creative types".

And the kitty-ear kid. A teacher? It almost struck her as funny since of all the people here, a kid teacher was probably the most normal one of them all.

"Huh," Seth stared curiously at the mysterious Catboy. He was a little unprepared for this, but the fact that this teacher knew about his race and that he knew Seth was one surprised him.

His guardian never spoke that others had knowledge of them, nor did the mysterious stranger inform him at how useless the amulet would be against anything not entirely human.

"So, what exactly do you know of... My kind?" He asked causiously, maybe he'd be able to learn from this kid, they may know more then he does as sad as that is. This meeting made him feel strange, was this another sign? Was this "Nefastus Lupata" the place he was meant to be?

"I..... I'm sorry, I have just never met anyone who had knowledge of us before." Seth nodded to the Catboy with slight respect as he awaited a response.

"You don't that diffrent from other gods I know so I can't tell if you are that important as you put it. But since I never hear about you, even after receving detailed education on any god whith more then a hundred believers that exists on Earth then I doubt are all that important as you say. Now excusse me I am have somewhere else to be so I don't have time to help you fill the needs of your ego. Sayonara, Kami-san" Eri said and moved away from the obnoxious god. (Note: Calling a god Kami-san, instead of the proper Kami-sama, cloud, by someone which knows about Japanese customs, be consider extremly rude)

"Like I have the will and time to deal with a person like him," she though in her mind. So absorbed in her thoughts she forgot to look and crashed into someone...

"Of course I know of the Zaltharians." Chester replied calmly, "Why, they were alive and prosperous even before I fell from my throne." His smile faded for a moment, and he glanced off to the side, as if trying to recall something. "Though, my knowledge of their more recent developments is a bit hazy, since I have yet to flip through the scaleback tome I found a few years back." He shifted his gaze back towards Seth, smiling slightly. "So which clan do you come from?"

Nox listened intently, amazed by how much the neko seemed to know about everyone.

It hadn't occurred to her that it might cause her serious trouble if he knew too much about her and her family. She was much too distracted by what he had to say about Seth and the scaley lineage he was a part of. Her fascinated gaze shifted between Seth and Chester, and occasionally Ex, who also seemed like an interesting character.

A portal, one of Zix's, opened up just behind Nox to permit the blonde through. "Hey kid," she said, taking on a deliberately creepy tone of voice. "want some free candy?"

She had no qualms with interrupting a conversation in progress to alleviate her own boredom, though she knew a certain Headmaster would have something to say about that. Zix made a mental note to go visit Root a little later -- she hadn't seen the woman in a while and felt a faint desire to catch up with her.

The shock on Ex's face was rather apparent as Chester so casually ignored him - and that look of shock quickly turned to a face that had "Well, I never!" written all over it after Eri shrugged him off. "Wha...?! I...! I'll have you know I have plenty of worshippers!" he shot back. "Hundreds if not thousands of basement-dwellers!!" he shouted. Ex wasn't very used to his presence meaning so little; no longer inside a world of his own creation, he found it difficult to get anyone to take him seriously. And in his bewilderment, he was even stuck for ideas as to how he could impress them...

Seth looked at Chester eyes full of excitement, this Catboy was full of surprises! He even had an artifact from his people! All Seth knew at this point is that he had to see this book and compare notes on it and his own.

"Well, I uh, I don't really know. It's just kinda, a shock to me tha-" His words cut short by a strange portal opening behind the necromantic loli. The new arrival seemed to be deliberately attempting to disturb her.

Seth just stood there forgetting his current train of thought. His mind racing with all the possibilities and wondrous things the academy may hold.

All this talk about worshiping, artifacts, and solicitation via candy-of-questionable-origins only reminded Mona about how tiring all this was getting and how comfortable the lush grass below looked for a nice morning nap. That, and the fact that Mona could swear the skeleton in Nox's bag was looking at her from behind his zippered case; clawing at the fabric, biding his time for the moment to pounce.

Noticing that everyone around her was either heavily engrossed in lizard histories, fussing over how many.. basement dwellers followed his blog or something...., or tele-portaling...?.., her headache only intensified.

"So.. uh..." Mona said while readjusting her duffel bag strap. "Where can we put these? They're kinda heavy and..." she trailed off, slowly glancing back at Nox's bag of "things she would rather not speak of". Anything that would put more distance between her and those necromantic doodads would make her day.

She knew entering the school premise would only spell more danger and impossible happenings, but Mona only had two options: she could either wake up now and face the hospital bill she can't pay, or enjoy this crazy ride while it lasted... and THEN face the hospital bill. Both sides ended with her crying and broke, so why the hell not.

Aiace had spaced out for a little while while thinking about marshmallows and chili powder...he wasn't sure why, but he suddenly had the thought that they might taste good together. He was snapped back to reality by another smell. This one was definitely less sugary, but still familiar to an extent.

I haven't smelled that in a while...I kinda hoped I wouldn't have to...

Instincts taking over, he started walking in the direction of the smell, until he found himself behind a small group of people: A human, a lizard tailed...he wasn't really sure, and a...um...small girl of a species he really could not determine. She kinda looked human, he guessed, but something told him that probably wasn't correct. That smell lingered around her, though Aiace had enough sense to stand a ways away from the group for now. He didn't want to end up in a bad position so soon after arriving; after all, he didn't even know these people.

Nox whirled around, and the moment she recognized Zix, a huge smile lit up on her face and she lept at the Observer, wrapping her arms around her in an overwhelmingly enthusiastic hug. "You're giving out even more candy??? You're the best!!!" She exclaimed, apparently tossing all consideration for personal space to the wind. When Mona spoke up, she paused, though didn't bother to release Zix from her affectionate embrace. "Oh! Once we get to the office, you'll be assigned a room where you can set things up!" She happily replied. She returned her focus to Zix, who she still had yet to release. "Zix! Why don't you join us! You just arrived too, right?" Nox smiled up at Zix, excited to be expanding her little group of friends! "I mean, helping you find your way around the academy is the least I could do after that awesome candy storm you conjured up!"

Chester watched everyone react to Zix's sudden interruption, though he did not seem to even raise an eyebrow at it. He showed even less attention to the whiny deity behind him, and man, he hoped that was getting under his skin as much as it sounded like it was.

"Sounds like we'll have to continue this conversation another time, after you get unpacked and settled down." He remarked, leaning back on the steps once again, "It seems your party is growing quite a bit." He says, turning his attention to the approaching Nekomata.

"Ah yes, our rooms." Seth still looking at the necromancer whom has found a new buddy to latch onto."So, shall we be on our way? The sooner we get things settled the sooner we can all have more of this.... Candy?" He finished as to entice the small necromancer.

As to make quicker haste to their departure so Seth could get to asking Chester a multitude of questions, he pulled the candy that the girl gave him earlier and stepped beside Mona "Now come on. Show us the way."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pshaw, I arrived a long time ago. 'Cept that was in another reality, and I probably shouldn't talk about it much. Universe rules and all that." Zix put a bit of effort forth into lifting Nox and getting her settled in atop the same platform she was using to hover around. "Anyway, I got no problem with partying it up with a cute girl like yourself."

Mona started to glare at the bibliophile.

"Wait. No. Chester, come on. Weren't you supposed to show us the way... Aren't you like... a teacher here?" Mona mentally protested.

Her gaze floated too Nox, the only one of the others who's shown to know the most information about this school, and by extension probably has some clue as to where the office was. But lo and behold she already found a new play toy. And Seth's attempts at diplomacy weren't... panning out as he had hoped.

Looking around, no one else had any intention to be the first to take a step inside.

"Am...am I seriously going to have to..." Mona groaned in her thoughts "Fuck."

Taking a deep breath, Mona recollected herself and, after much mental deliberation, wordlessly took the lead and walked through NLA's front doors. She tried her hardest to look unfazed and distant as usual, but unfortunately she couldn't stop the beads of cold sweat from rolling down her brow.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Right?

Nox was quite excited to be up on the platform, and giggled giddily when Zix called her cute. "You're so sweet!" She chimed, hugging the Observer again.

"Okay! I'll lead the way then!" Nox proclaimed, pointing a boney index at the front doors dramatically, only to realize she would have some catching up to do, as Mona didn't seem to be waiting up. She hopped down from the platform and hurried to where she had set the bags down. As fun as riding on the platform with Zix looked, she couldn't just leave her bags behind!

Granted, here at NLA, finding fresh corpses probably wouldn't be very hard at all, but even so she had plenty of other valuables that wouldn't be so easy to replace on the fly.

Nox tried her best to be as speedy as possible, but it took a great effort to get all her stuff up each individual step. "Nnnngh! This way guys! Oof! The main office is right Hah! on the first floor, but Ah! there's still a couple hallways we got to Oomph! navigate through Huff! and it's Hah! easy to get lost before you get your Woo! map!" Nox wobbled a bit as she and all her bags made it up the steps. She wasn't too winded, and took less than a minute before she had readjusted her grip on her bags and was on the move once more. Once she got a few steps through the doors however, she slowed to the halt once again, turning to face the firey purple deity and shooting him a carefree smile "You just got here too, right? You want to join us? We're on our way to the main office to get our room assignments and then we're going to eat candy!"

Chester had noticed Mona's glare, and stared back at her completely unfazed and unable to give a single shit, it seemed. He watched her, in the corner of his eye, march through the front door, though he could see she was nervously sweating. "Good luck, Mona Merricks~" Chester told her as she passed him by. His book gently floated back into his hands, the pages turning themselves back to where he had left off.

As she began down the empty corridor, a voice, though barely audible, echoed in Mona's mind.

You're not waking up from this one.

"Oi oi oi oi, hold up." Ex interrupted, no longer focused on Eri. Instead, he turned to the one called "Zix" on her fancy floating platform. "You're the one who caused that candy storm?" he questioned. "You trying to upstage me?" he glared at the Observer. "Cuz I'm the god of tricks around here. And I totally had that candy rain idea first." he snapped. "Oh and," effortlessly, he created his own violet-tinted floating platform and leaped on top of it, landing eye-level with Zix. "Anyone can make a floating platform. It's not impressive."

He hardly even noticed Nox's invitation to get their room assignments together. The dick-measuring contest he'd gotten himself into proved much more important.

Orion flinched slightly when he felt a fluffy fox tail brush up against his leg, and when he turned to see the person that tail was attached to, he wasn't quite sure how to react. "Oh… hey Locke." he replied a bit awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. He supposed the two of them hadn't parted on the best terms at the end of the previous school year - that whole incident about Locke going silver and Orion being somewhat of an asshat about it had been fairly recent at the time, and after so much time had passed without them talking he wasn't quite sure what to think of the wolf-fox anymore. "…Been a while, huh?" he spoke up again, still awkward.

Zix started to go after Nox, only to have some egotistical jackwipe start harassing her. She looked him up and down from her platform briefly before raising an eyebrow. "Who the fuck are you?" she asked, crossing her arms. She had no idea who she was dealing with here, but in only a few sentences, he'd managed to get himself landed neatly onto the blonde's rather extensive shit-list.

Status
Not open for further replies.