Nefastus Lupata Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mona eyed the skeletal fingers that were about to touch her hand, slowly retracting away. Closing her eyes shut and pursing her lips, she awaited the cold lifeless touch of bone against her skin. But, oddly enough, nothing happened. She hesitantly opened a single eye, noticing Nox's stub of a hand and the carved digits laying on the ground below. Realizing that Nox was too preoccupied with her fingerless fingerless gloves, in a gesture she hoped would ameliorate the situation Mona bent down, grabbed Nox's fingers, and gently placed them in her palm.

"Here ya go- ... Nox, was it?"

As she retracted her hand Nox's ivory bones instantly reanimated, returning to their original place and fitting together snugly like a jigsaw pieces. Mildly perturbed at the performance, Mona attempted to regain her composure.

"So, yeah. Nafasa Lapata, right? What... is this place?" she asked the girl, taking the first steps towards the giant building before everyone.

Valerie emerges from an Aether portal she'd previously laid in the campus, exiting the Aether and entering the ground of NLA. The portal was laid in a janitor's closet, within the school. She promptly closes the Aether portal and heads towards the school's entrances to observe the congregation of students. She'd been waiting it out a long time now. Now that the academy is open again, there would certainly be ample opportunity to chronicle the supernatural activities around campus. With a natural attunement to Aether, an Exemplar magic focused on scouting, Valerie can distinguish between humans and other with relative ease. Valerie then makes her way to the building's roof for an overview look on the congregation entering the school grounds from the portals. It irritated her slightly to think that she would have no prior records for anyone on the campus and would have to essentially converse with and make any physical contact with as many people as she could, at least once, for her Aether magic to mark them.

"Oh you are kidding me…" A certain unamused voice spoke up in the academy's front yard. After a brief flash of purple light caused a young man with a glowing left eye to materialize on school grounds, he almost immediately crossed his arms in disdain as he glared up at the sky.

It was raining candy. And he wasn't the one responsible.

"Upstaged on day one." Ex griped. "And I so had that idea first! I just knew I should've made something random fall from the sky. But noooooo I just had to change my mind, decided to try being laying low and try to come up with a bigger, grander plan first…" he mumbled to himself for a while, complaining like a ten-year-old child.

"Ya know what? I ain't gonna take this sitting down. Rin!" he called, snapping his fingers and causing the girl to materialize in a similar fashion next to him. "Help me find whoever caused this candy storm!" he ordered, scanning the skies for the culprit.

Last edited:
Not long after, yet another young man materialized in front of the school, though the light that came with his appearance was considerably less purple - and also less flashy altogether. Plus he'd brought with him a cute yellow songbird as opposed to a stitched-together lich. Aaaand immediately upon appearing, the silver-haired male was surprised to find himself being pelted with a very strange and colorful variety of hail. He quickly sought shelter at the school's entrance and, once he and his companion were safe from the raining candy, he took a good look around the courtyard, before nodding.

"I certainly found the right place." Moon spoke softly to himself. He'd almost been worried that his memory wouldn't be clear enough to teleport him to the front of the school, but sure enough, he'd definitely found NLA.

Rin had been expecting to be zapped to some unfamiliar location, as in Ex's company it typically happened to her at least twice a week. She appeared to be ignoring her master entirely while he gave her orders. She didn't even look at him, she was too busy watching the candy rain down a second time and shifting her gaze to the various students below.

"By the looks of it, you're looking for someone who's just as childish and egotistical as you! Didn't think it was actually possible!" Rin responded in mock surprise, snickering to herself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I'm not supposed to be teaching you kids for a couple days, but I've got plenty of time to spare, so I don't see why I couldn't answer a few questions." Chester responded, closing the dusty old tome and setting it down beside him. "Would you mind sitting out here with me, however? I'm keeping watch of what kind of group of students we have this year....and it looks like trouble has just arrived..." Chester explained, turning his focus to the floating purple god and his undead wench.

Seth stood there, a look of beffuzlement on his face, was this some sort of human greeting? No, it couldn't be, the girl looked as shocked as she did, and Seth never saw anyone's fingers fall off for no good reason.

The Mona girl seemed to know how to fix it all quick and dandy, at least from what the lizard boy saw. Trying to ignore the newest of this academy's strange events he decided to help carry some of the little ones luggage.

"Here, it'll be easier this way." he said picking up one of the larger cases, all the while following Mona as she started towards the main structure, the question on hand he also wished to know the answer to, as he knew very little of the buildings history, or how things worked.

"No problem, so you are one of our teachers," Eri said while sitting down next to him her Naginata still having the swaying bindle hanging from it. By now she calmed down from her initial excitment and decided to take it a bit slower.

Then she noticed his remark and said: "Trouble? Those newly arrived ones? Do you know something about them?"

She though while saying that: "If they are planning something evil I still have some talismans and my blessed spear! Even with my divine power on low levels I am still quite a good fighter! So they better play nice."

Just in case she untied her bindle and layed the rug, in which a small number of thigtly warped clothing was present, somewhere inside her hand's reach and in plain sight. Without the bindle she was now free to use her Naginata, which even without any divine power from her should hurt anyone evil quite a bit. But for now she turned her attention to the teacher.

"So Chester-Sensei, I will leave the Elderich questions for later except for one; are forks really a weakness to your kind? After you answer that, if possible I would like to know a little about the school and your job in it," Eri asked slowly and with only a bit of exceitment still showing in her voice.

Nox didn't take her eyes off what remained of her hands even as Mona was picking up her bones off the ground and placing them in her hands. She seemed startled when her prosthetics snapped right back into place, and she moved her fingers about just to see if everything was working alright again. "That was strange." She thought aloud, snapping out of her surprised trance just as Mona started heading forward.

Nox quickly went to gather her things and follow behind, since she wanted to make sure her new friends wouldn't get lost. Luckily for her, the reptilian boy decided to lend her a hand, as it hadn't occurred to her that with her small frame dragging all these large trunks and suitcases might slow the trio down. "Thanks...um....I didn't catch your name, mister!" She said, quickly catching up with the other two.

"It's called Nefastus Lupata Academy!" Nox replied, cheerfully correcting Mona. "It's an enchanted academy and safe haven for magical and supernatural folks! It's technically a school, but classes aren't mandatory, and it's never ever boring! My papa actually works here as the school's mortician, though he's probably busy setting up shop, whereever that might be! Also, mister...." She shoots Seth a friendly smile, "You don't need to keep hiding your tail, you know. There's lots of folks here that run around with their wings and fangs and gills out!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chester scoffed, and raised an eyebrow at the Miko. "You really need to stop believing everything you hear in anime, Unakahi-San."

The eldritch neko turned his gaze back to the courtyard, where the nekomata had stopped after stepping out of yet another portal to take in the mammoth floating building, a silver was whispering something to his songbird, and a conceited observer was setting to work on breaking the fourth wall. However, is main focus was still on the pair floating above the school. "Yes, I know them, at least the boy. That would be Ex, the God of Mischief, and what appears to be a lich who is serving him. Frankly, he's more of a self-absorbed nuisance than an evil entity." He shifts his gaze back to Eri and her weapon, "And yes, I am the Academy's new Astronomy professor."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Uh huh..." Mona murmured, trying her hardest to follow along. Lupata, huh? That... oddly sounded familiar. Curious, she reached into the side pocket of her duffle bag and pulled out a used sticky note that she scribbled on this morning.

It read:
Nefastis Nefastus Luppa
Nefastus Lupata Academy

Address ???
Pack extra socks

This must be it, Mona guessed, or at least what her imagination could come up with. Taking another gander at the enormous school, Mona almost commended her own subconscious for being able to come up with such a beauty. Normally she had the creative mindset of a tree stump. Mona began to slowly zone out during Nox's explanation, instead admiring the architecture and the oh-so-surreal feeling of clouds brushing delicately against her skin. It wasn't long until she snapped back to attention during Nox's comment to Seth.

Fangs? Gills?

"So , wait.. it is like, Halloween?" Mona yet again confused. She could've sworn it was still September. Maybe it was a school spirit thing?

Seth nervously eyed Nox, he was fully prepared and knew that it would raise suspicion, but he still felt that he had to keep himself hidden. His mind told him it was stupid, in an Academy full of misfits, monsters, and creatures from different planes of existence he would fit right in. But unfortunately his instinct kept him from this, always making excuses and trying to hide away, giving the opposite effect from what he wanted.

"Well, uh ya. Why not? I mean, I'm not harming anyone heh....." Seth said letting his tail anxiously move about while trying his best to act normal, or I guess abnormal. "M..My name is Seth, it's a pleasure to meet you both."

The awkward reptilian shifted his backpack before turning to Mona, this girl seemed odd, and smelled less odd then the other beings that wandered about.

"Um, excuse me. Does something seem to be the matter?" he said in response to her question, all the while his tail swished back and forth beneath his heavy cloak. "You seem a little disoriented."

Seth had some knowledge of what this Halloween tradition was, and the girls mentioning of it made him think. Something here was off but he didn't quite know what.

A dark-haired tengu exited from yet another portal opening on the grounds and took a good look at where he had ended up. So this was the Academy he had heard about. Interesting. Surely he could learn much from this place, especially with so many different kinds of entities around. It was just as he had hoped...Wait, were there humans here? Hm...Curious...

Whatever. He knew he would not be getting much done by just standing there. He started off toward the building, curious to see the inside. Before he reached the door, however, he stopped just short of the steps. That girl...the human talking to the cat-eared entity was a shrine maiden, wasn't she?

Nox giggled happily as Seth introduced himself and seemed to relax enough to stop hiding his tail. He seemed like a kind young man, and Nox hoped he would feel at home at the Academy, and not get killed off terribly soon.

Mona seemed to have trouble processing what Nox was trying to explain. Nox was starting to worry that she wasn't being a very good guide and she wasn't doing a very good job to help out Mona, but she kept up her friendly smile and skipped up beside Mona. "I can see how you'd think it was Halloween, with all the candy and all the witches and werewolves and angels walking around, but I swear they're not costumes! This school is gonna be filled with all kinds of magical and psychic people! I'm surprised we haven't-"

THUNK!

Nox was cut off when the case Seth had picked up for Nox had suddenly burst open, and all it's contents had fallen out. Along with several animal skulls voodoo trinkets and preserved body parts, an entire humanoid skeleton fell out onto the grass. "Uh-oh....." Nox said, setting her stuff down on the grass and making her way over to the mess, "I swore I zipped that suitcase up all the way! Oh well!" She laughed a little at her innocent mistake as she knelt down to start gathering the bones, not at all aware that the situation may seem incredibly morbid and bizarre to those who did not live in a cemetery and play with dead things on a regular basis.

Before her mind could react to what she saw, Mona heard a high-pitched scream erupt close-by. It took a full second until her mind clicked that the scream was hers-- far different than the low, soft spoken voice that the others were familiar with. Human appendages? Voodoo paraphernilia? SKELETONS?! It was her 7th birthday party all over again!!! All that was missing were the seven human finger birthday candles she had to blow out and the skin-bound presents lying in the corner by the buckets of goat blood.

Mona collapsed onto her backside dropping her bag in the process and, at an alarming pace, scooted herself backwards with just her hands and feet, unable to break eye contact with the assorted deceased items. Mona was a mess: sweating, unblinking, and hyperventilating. She prayed for the hospital nurses to wake her up from this terrifying nightmare, before this dream could get worse.

Seth jumped back quickly dropping the case on the ground. The body parts on the ground and the scream from the seemingly human one almost caused Seth to completely lose his cool.

"Whoa-..... Vel'bol l'uoi'nota?!??" he cursed in his native tongue, this was entirely not expected, he was surprised he couldn't smell it before, granted his nose was recuperating from a cold, but even so. Seth didn't know how to reply to this gruesome display.

When he saw the terrified girl he was taken aback, but he couldn't stand to see her to fearful. Seth quickly ran to her side staring cautiously at Nox. He didn't have any words to say at the moment but he would rather be on the side of the one not carrying around cases full of such disturbing items.

In an attempt to get Mona to calm down he finally muttered "Stay calm, it'll be okay."

-------------------------------------------

I little humming bird into the crowd dodging and weaving through the newly arrived masses. The year has finally started, and now all the strange and odious beings from all reaches of wherever the hell they came from.

It was a very thrilling and yet terrifying experience for Ki, he had never been around this many humans before, or at least any sentient and intelligent creatures. As for which he completely underestimated the amount of people attending this monstrous eye-sore of an institution, and he never realized how strange it would be, especially when strange and colourful artificial hail started to pelt him as he tried to fly.

Abandoning his task of examining the students he decided it was best to take shelter, being as small a hummingbird as he was he didn't want to take chances at being knocked out by the falling confectionery.

Ki quickly made his way to a window on the front of the large building, sitting on the ledge he took it to be his little safe spot froM which to spy on those below.

Nox was not nearly as startled as she probably should've been, but due to her father's work she had gotten pretty used to the sound of horrified screams. Continuing to place the pieces of animal and human bones back into the suitcase, she turned to Mona and Seth, who looked much more frightened than she expected. "You guys, it's not going to hurt you! It's just some of my necromancing stuff." She explained, carefully placing everything back in order.

It took a good minutes before Mona could regain her senses and calm her heart rate. It wasn't until Nox put away the last of the appendages that she could finally stand. Nodding to Seth for the kind gesture, forcing a smile expressing her thanks for the support.

"Necroman- Necro..." Mona felt weak at the knees as her eyes slowly rolled up into her head, but a second wind helped her stand her ground.

"More nutters. Fantastic", she thought to herself. Well, this dream isn't going to get any better. As long as she stayed a good... safe distance from inconspicuous girl with the suitcase skeleton, walking forward should be... manageable.

"...Lets... get going...", shaking her head. It's only been 5 minutes and already it's been a hell of a doozy.

Seth grew more and more curious albeit a little cautious of Nox as she packed her bag. A necromancer?!???! The only thing Seth knew about necromancy is that it was evil, it is unnatural and goes against the natural order of life!

Keeping a steady eye on the girl he extended his arm to Mona to help her along. "So..... Uh Nox..... Weren't you just about to show us the way to the office?" Seth asked making sure to stay a safe distance from the unholy abomination.

He felt slightly conflicted and a little sorry for the act, he was brought up and taught much about the world. But this girl didn't seem evil or really bad in any way, but considering what he's been through Seth decided it'll be safer to not take risks until she proves herself in some way.

"Yeah, we really should move along. Before the halls get too crowded." he shrugged.

This place was already starting to get to him.

Poor Nox was either completely oblivious to Mona and Seth's disgust or had become so used to it she didn't even react. She packed the last of her old ritual doodads into the suitcase and zipped it up, all while keeping up her cheerful smile. Then she grabbed all her bags and started towards the building. "Of course I'll still show you guys to the office! Sorry for the hold up...hee hee!" She beamed at Mona and Seth and slowly dragged her luggage to the front steps.

"Welcome back, Miss Nirvana." Chester said, shooting Nox and her friends a laid back smile as they approached the front steps of the school.

Nox stopped at the bottom of the steps, shooting a blank stare at the catboy as she tilted her head, looking a tad lost. "Sorry, have we met?" The young man did look somewhat familiar, but she couldn't quite put a name to his face.

Chester shook his head and waved his hand, dismissing her concern. "We were both students here last year, but we've never spoken, so don't worry about it." He explained, and Nox sighed in relief, a half smile showing through her confused expression. "My name is Chester, and this is Eri Unakahi, a new student and human shrine maiden." He shifted his gaze to Mona and Seth, sitting up a bit, his ears perked up in interest. "You two are a couple of new faces. And your names are?"

"Oh, uh, I'm Seth." Said the Reptile to the Feline. Gesturing to the disturbed girl beside him. "And this is Mona, Mona......Maracas I believe it was. We are both sorta new to this place, so far it looks a little..... Interesting." he finished sheepishly.

This was a strange day for him, naught four hours before he was scarfing down whatever he could catch in a forest somewhere in northern Alaska. Bleh, and he had to give most of his valuable currency just to get a ride to wherever the floating academy was.

But now he was making "friends" from a sanctuary in the *shudder* clouds or at least he hoped that's what he was doing. While awaiting further response he turned his attention to the strange lady beside the funny looking and delicious smelling humanoid.

"So..... It's uh, nice to meet you both." he skittishly commented.

Chester scoffed, and raised an eyebrow at the Miko. "You really need to stop believing everything you hear in anime, Unakahi-San."

The eldritch neko turned his gaze back to the courtyard, where the bakeneko had stopped after stepping out of yet another portal to take in the mammoth floating building, a silver was whispering something to his songbird, and a conceited observer was setting to work on breaking the fourth wall. However, is main focus was still on the pair floating above the school. "Yes, I know them, at least the boy. That would be Ex, the God of Mischief, and what appears to be a lich who is serving him. Frankly, he's more of a self-absorbed nuisance than an evil entity." He shifts his gaze back to Eri and her weapon, "And yes, I am the Academy's new Astronomy professor."

"Wait that wasn't a illustrated guidebook like Ten-san said? He tricked me," Eri said with a surprised tone but quickly regained her composure: "A god? They also have gods here? And you say a trickster god like Loki ha? Well I hope he doesn't go over-the-top with his pranks. I wonder how many believers does he have? Well not that I care. And as for him being self-absorbed well most gods are like that so..."

Eri, now reassured that no great harm can come from the god named Ex, returns her bindle on her Naginata and then says, while standing up: "Well it was nice meeting you Sensei, but I think it is time I see how you actually enter this school and leave my stuff in whatever room I am in. Sayonara."

And then she slowly starts walking away from the teacher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.