Naruto - Squad 13's Journey - In Character

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neji sighed as he listened to their so called sensei. Right now Neji thought this guy was a complete joke. "Well sensei you see my father like you is also a jonin and he is second In command of the Uchiha clan. He doesn't lie to me about stuff like this that involves me becoming a better shinobi. Also I saw many squads during the day spar with their sensei's. I'm not saying that's the only way of training, but you don't need to lie to us about it. And the point of the hunt for the letters you had us go on well I'm not to sure. I guess to see of we could work together as a team to find the letters and defeat NekoJima."

Neji was pretty fed up with how their sensei was acting right now. He seemed too drunk to be meeting his squad right now. The man that was their sensei seemed like he wasn't exactly sure what he was doing either. Maybe this was his first time being a sensei and if that was true then neji figured he would give the guy a chance, but still it was not a good first impression he was giving his new students that's for sure.

"Ah that explains why you're being such a lousy little know it all. You already were expecting something and you didn't get what you expected huh? What does that say about YOU exactly? Was it because you're team was so distorted or was it some other reason entirely that this day didn't go as expected? And the challenge was that you were supposed to all get the letters individually and then you needed to work together right? At least that's how I remember everything. So nice try junior but you're wrong try again. You got part of it right but other than that you're ignoring the first part. If the lesson was team based then why not do that training exercise you heard about? Why not go and do something better like send you all to get the letters as a group? Now then... What about you wood boy?" Mitsunari asked to his other male student. Mitsuhide had been considering it all, or at least was attempting to, when listening to the conversation. "Well I don't know about all of this sensei after all you kinda almost blew me up..." Mitsuhide said in a passive aggressive manner as he had no choice but to calm himself down because he couldn't grab onto anything without looking like some perverted adolescent boy and god knows how that'd go with his mom. "If you want an answer though I think the lesson was more along the lines of self sufficient training. You sent us out all by ourselves, with the fortunate acception being little Hyuga over there...and then we all made it back together towards the end. That means only one thing: Sometimes we got to work by ourselves sometimes and then work as a team when we're together as well despite personal problems. Not that any of us really got that message." Mitsuhide offered as Mitsunari grinned at him, "Well aren't you a little smartass huh? Didn't expect that from you I was expecting it from Miss Tsubame over there if she wasn't porking out like a pig. Not that I care or anything she can eat herself into a coma if that's what she wants. But you're only 75% right you little shit. There's one key factor your missing about all of this. Any ideas?" Mitsunari asked suddenly becoming a bit more reasonable as he hung his hands out in the air looking for an answer from anyone. "Oh and would you two eat something already you're making me look out of place! This isn't how you react to someone offering you food!" Mitsunari ordered as Mitsuhide shrugged and went to take a bite but the woman grabbed his hand and grinned at him which made Mitsuhide grumble as she said to him that eating BBQ would get a mess all over her and she wouldn't want that. Mitsuhide pulled back his hand as Mitsunari glared at the woman for a brief moment before turning his head to Neji.

Last edited:
"Didn't expect that from you I was expecting it from Miss Tsubame over there if she wasn't porking out like a pig."

Tsubame accepted the glass of water from the lady, drinking the whole glass in one gulp. "..I'm just following orders. It doesn't matter what I have to do to achieve it."

"There's one key factor your missing about all of this. Any ideas?"

You are a disappointment, and a disgrace to Konoha from your demeanor, she thought silently. Feeling sated and slightly less disappointed, she sighed and sat back on her chair. "...we didn't bring the cat back?"

Tsubame wished they would just call it a day and let her go home by now. There was a lot for her to do later on, and then there was the matter of reporting to her father who her sensei was. Tsubame wasn't sure how he would take it; he was very sure she would be under some very well regarded jonin with well behaved students at least. Not some perverted ero old man, and a pair of boys who just likes to brag and show off.

"Ah that explains why you're being such a lousy little know it all. You already were expecting something and you didn't get what you expected huh? What does that say about YOU exactly? Was it because you're team was so distorted or was it some other reason entirely that this day didn't go as expected? And the challenge was that you were supposed to all get the letters individually and then you needed to work together right? At least that's how I remember everything. So nice try junior but you're wrong try again. You got part of it right but other than that you're ignoring the first part. If the lesson was team based then why not do that training exercise you heard about? Why not go and do something better like send you all to get the letters as a group? Now then... What about you wood boy?"

Neji sat there and listened to their sensei. Neji stayed quiet as he listened to Mitsuhide's answer and then to tsburame's answer. Mitsuhide was basically along the same thought as neji, but he had gotten more of the answer the sensei was looking for. Tsburame didn't know the answer so she just said to bring the cat back. Neji sighed as he decided to just keep his mouth shut and listen their sensei. He wasn't to excited about his sensei right now, but he didn't want to get off on the Wrong foot with him.

Oh and would you two eat something already you're making me look out of place! This isn't how you react to someone offering you food!"

Neji decided to just eat the food. He grabbed a plate and placed some of the barbecue on the plate and began to eat. He had been here with his parents before and knew how good it was so he did enjoy the food.

"Should I tell them or should you?" the woman whom held Mitsuhide said slyly as Mitsunari looked at Tsubame and the dirty grin that he had turned into a full blown evil smile as the man took off his black glasses and looked at her and shook his head. "Well since you already spoiled half of it...you all failed the last part of the test." Mitsunari said complacently as he shook his head as suddenly the man's drunken demeanor turned into that of a man whom was completely sober and completely serious. "For fuck sakes guys I even wrote it out for you in the last part of the test. "Not everything is how it seems." was what I wrote down. Remember that boulder? It was a genjutsu right? It was triggered when you set off that paper bomb. I had to work for a long time to make up such a trivial jutsu that it would at least get by anyone who wasn't' a Hyuga. Too bad you had one on your team otherwise you'd be wearing different pants right now wouldn't you? Judging by that boy's coat, Mitsuhide of the Senju Clan you are the one the forest route no? Then yeah your whole deal was to show you that there are all sorts of traps in the world. You there kid you look like you're pretty dry right? I'm guessing you got my bath route right? Neji of the Uchiha Clan simplicity in itself can be dangerous. If you tripped up you would've gotten hurt. And what about you didn't you get my sewer route? I guess you came in after that because you don't stink like a god damn trash heap. The trap in the sewer was filled with bugs and a lot of dirty water. Sometimes you got to go outside of your comfort zone to do something. You didn't share your findings with your team huh? Well if you didn't then you fail the first part as well. The second part was to show that team work was needed to fight a superior opponent. Instead from what I can see you got your freaking asses beat by a cat who's only good at genjutsu and that one wind ninjutsu your dad taught it back in the day Neji. You still how badly you failed yet? I hope so." Mitsunari said completely monotone and the look of disgust on his face was evident. He shook his head, "Don't be so hard on them Mitsunari! I mean it's not like they're any different than my squad."the woman said with a change from her rather ditzy voice to a completely mature woman's voice. Mitsuhide's eyes went wide as he suddenly started to understand who's lap he was sitting on. This was no ordinary woman he knew that for certain now. That long blonde hair...those eyes....she was a member of the Yamanaka clan why hadn't he- "Oh yeah you're one to talk...Team Fourteen is a mess. They're way off their regiment in terms of team work! They didn't even collect all the bells. You're one hell of a teacher Ai." Mitsunari countered as the woman named Ai laughed a strong and hardy laugh as she looked over to another table in the corner and...no way. Mitsuhide saw that Shina's team was over there...only her and Takumi were tied up together back to back and were clearly embarrassed as Sora sat there eating some food and shrugged when Mitsuhide spotted her and waved. "They'll learn or else..." Ai said with a terrifying sense of glee in her voice. Mitsuhide wanted to laugh but he couldn't with the crazy woman on his head. "I can only hope that you little crap heads take solace in the fact that you're eating food...and you took it at face value, I hope that you have nothing to do that is too important later tonight Tsubame. Same to you Neji. That food you just swallowed...laced with laxatives given to me by one the medical corps and if I were an enemy it could've been poisoned. Did you even look at your food before you eat it? There was powder on the sides some was hidden by sauce. Mitsuhide you got lucky...Ai was kind enough to not get you fucked like your team." Mitsunari said with distaste towards Ai who shrugged saying she didn't want her friend's son to be on the bathroom the whole night. "Oh god...oh sweet lord you mean...well guys it looks like we all screwed up pretty bad. Just that some of us got screwed up more than others. Sensei how fast does that laxative take to kick in?" Mitsuhide asked hesitantly to Mitsunari. "You've got about...two hours I'd say. Any other questions?"
==
Ai - http://www.free-hdwallpapers.com/wallpapers/anime/48276.jpg

"Well since you already spoiled half of it...you allfailed the last part of the test."

Neji immediately looked up at their sensei and thought to himself what does he mean we failed.

"For fuck sakes guys I even wrote it out for you in the last part of the test. "Not everything is how it seems." was what I wrote down. Remember that boulder? It was a genjutsu right? It was triggered when you set off that paper bomb. I had to work for a long time to make up such a trivial jutsu that it would at least get by anyone who wasn't' a Hyuga. Too bad you had one on your team otherwise you'd be wearing different pants right now wouldn't you? Judging by that boy's coat, Mitsuhide of the Senju Clan you are the one the forest route no? Then yeah your whole deal was to show you that there are all sorts of traps in the world. You there kid you look like you're pretty dry right? I'm guessing you got my bath route right? Neji of the Uchiha Clan simplicity in itself can be dangerous. If you tripped up you would've gotten hurt. And what about you didn't you get my sewer route? I guess you came in after that because you don't stink like a god damn trash heap. The trap in the sewer was filled with bugs and a lot of dirty water. Sometimes you got to go outside of your comfort zone to do something. You didn't share your findings with your team huh? Well if you didn't then you fail the first part as well. The second part was to show that team work was needed to fight a superior opponent. Instead fromwhat I can see you got your freaking asses beat by a catwho's only good at genjutsu and that one wind ninjutsu yourdad taught it back in the day Neji. You still how badly you failed yet? I hope so."

Neji sat there and sighed as he listened to their sensei, for the most part their sensei was right. They had failed pretty bad on this mission and for the majority of the fight they were loosing to NekoJima. Neji figured this was going to be a long couple of months that they were together as a team. Neji saw Mitsuhide look over to corner and he did too and to his shock he saw shins and takumi tied up back to back as sora sat there and ate her food. It looked like they had a rough first day too. Neji figured most of the groups were having these type of days. It seemed that all of the jonin senseis were tough.

"I can only hope that you little crap heads take solace in the fact that you're eating food...and you took it at face value, I hope that you have nothing to do that is too important later tonight Tsubame. Same to you Neji. That food you just swallowed...laced with laxatives given to me by one the medical corps and if I were an enemy itcould've been poisoned. Did you even look at your foodbefore you eat it? There was powder on the sides some was hidden by sauce. Mitsuhide you got lucky...Ai was kind enough to not get you fucked like your team."

Neji immediately spit out the food that was in his mouth and looked back up at their sensei. He was beyond pissed at this point. He had a very long day and this just made it worse. He wanted to yell at his sensei , but there was no point. He just continued to glare at his sensei. He casually got up out of his seat. "Well I am going home. Just tell me where we are meeting tomorrow."

"Alright then fair enough little man...oh and since I can tell you're wanting to go as well Tsubame...welcome too squad 13...both of you. I''ll see you in a day. Have a nice night." Mitsunari said waving his hand calmly grinning.

She put down one of the meat chunks, upon hearing it was dosed. Of course it was, why would she ever think she would ever taste something this good for free. Tsubame had froze for a moment when she heard Sensei speak about failure, unconsciously pushing back from the table and freeing her hand, but the expected blows did not come. It wasn't a comfort at all, considering she had failed, on top of all the other things for today.

"I see. I apologize for my inexperience. I promise I will try to improve myself."

"Well I am going home. Just tell me where we are meeting tomorrow."

"Alright then fair enough little man...oh and since I can tell you're wanting to go as well Tsubame...welcome too squad 13...both of you. I''ll see you in a day. Have a nice night."

"Then I will take my leave as well. Good night, Sensei." With a deep bow to her sensei, she departed, moving quickly home. Hopefully her father won't be so mad about all this...

She can't stop the shivering. Tsubame, having finished explaining what happened the whole day, could not meet her father's eyes.

"...you..."

She had wanted to reply, to protest then it was not her intention, that she had tried, before her father's fist slammed into her face hard enough to knock her down. Instinctively her arms went up to protect her head, but this time her father started kicking her exposed stomach.

"..STUPID... IDIOTIC... CHILD!" He punctuated each word with a kick, each one feeling like a hammer smashing on her belly.

He started on his usual rant again, pulling her up by her hair, practically screaming into her face. She didn't resist when he smashed her face into the tatami, she didn't resist when he started kicking her again, she didn't resist when he hurled insults at her again.

Resistance would only made him angrier. It was all her fault for being such a bad daughter after all.

She retched again.

There was blood coming out now along with all the other things she had eaten just now. The result of the previous beating obviously. Tsubame wondered briefly if she should be thankful. After all, any ingested food or in this case, the laxative, would take a bit to absorb through the stomach. Whether it would lessen the effect of the laxative would remain to be shown.

Tsubame flushed the toilet and examined herself in the mirror.

The right side of her face was swelling up, but that should recede by morning, if she treated it now, but the cut above her eye, and the bruise on her eye itself, would probably take a little more time to heal. The cuts on her arm from landing on one of the porcelain vase could easily be bandaged and treated, while the wounds from the cat that had opened just needed a fresh change of bandages. It was not the first time she had been injured after all.

Silently she took out the medical supplies in the cabinet, noting which one was needed for now. At least she didn't have any injuries she needed the village doctor to look at. Tsubame felt very uncomfortable every time she goes there and the doctor looked at her strangely.

After finally managing to bandage her whole right side of her face along with her right eye, she examined herself one last time in the mirror, before exiting the bathroom. Tsubame would need to think of the problems her sensei introduced to her. How does one know if one's food was poisoned or not? What if one was poisoned without knowing it? For now, she needed to make dinner before the laxative kicked in.

Father gets cranky if he doesn't get his meal on time.

"So what now sensei?" Mitsuhide said as he looked at the empty table. He couldn't believe how Ai Sensei had just pulled him out of the fire he thanked her for doing so but she said not to worry about it. In fact she probably just earned him the ire of his sensei. Mitsunari chuckled to himself. "What's so funny?" Mitsuhide asked him as he looked down and Mitsunari ruffled his hair. "Hey kid don't worry about it. I'd like to say that you just need to be more observant OK? welcome to Squad 13. Call it Team Mitsunari or Team Kohaku at your leisure. I look forward to spending time with all of you. We'll meet everyday except Saturdays until I say so. At the park will be our meeting place and if you all get really strong and or do well I'll treat you to some real food here. I'll inform the others of this info later just go back home ok?" Mitsunari said as he walked away from the group with a confident swagger. "Oh and one last thing! Good night." He said casually with a thumbs up from behind as Mitsuhide smiled and hid his face. Mitsunari Kohaku may be a jerk but he made him look like a fool and he knew better now. Never trust anything you see? Mitsuhide made sure to keep that in mind. He made them learn from experience not words and that's what Mitsuhide valued greatly. You could talk about something all day but once you experience it you never forget it. "Well I'm going back to the Senju estate. I'll be seeing you tomorrow."
===
As Mitsuhide arrived at his house his mother greeted him with open arms and a gracious hug almost immediately. "Oh my dear little boy has become a man who was your sensei." Mitsuhide's mom asked him warmly as she kissed him on the cheek. His uncle stood next to her and smiled at his little nephew. "Come on let our little man respect and give him some space!" Akihisa Senju stated as he rubbed Mitsunari's hair, he had taken off his headband earlier around the time he had left the cave and tied it around his arm. "Mom...uncle...I...I had so much hardships today but I learned from it! I swear I'll do better than I did today though I promise you I will!." Mitsuhide said grabbing his mom and uncle close and cried onto their shoulders finally able to let loose all of this stress and all of his happiness at being able to conquer this challenge sent forward onto him! He'd have MANY more challenges in his life but there was one thing missing...Mitsuhide's house was ordained in all sorts of Senju artifacts including scrolls, weapons, and armors from past Senju members. The armor from the Great Ninjas Wars and even some of Hashirama Senju's older armor sets and Tobirama's as well. Of course the two were buried in their usual armors but the armor that were outgrown were now used are relics to remember the two. There was also a replica of Tobirama's face mask as well placed on the entrance to the kitchen. But the one thing was missing...well two...was his father was missing and his armor was gone with him. Mitsuhide felt some tears form but he tried to brush them away. Mitsuhide's train of thought was interrupted by Akihisa bending down and smiling at him. "Hey big guy I know you miss your dad-" his uncle started but Mitsuhide wiped his eyes and grinned happily, "I can live with that. He's busy and he's a great ninja he'll-" Mitsuhide said as he suddenly turned around to a big hand on his shoulder. "Hey little man...don't think I'd miss this for the world." Mitsuhide's dad said to him as he turned around. He smiled widely and hugged his old man, Tashirama Senju, "Hey there son... you've taken a big step in life and I, as your dad, would have killed to see you sooner but for what it's worth I completed the mission I was on in record time just to get back here for you. Now that you're a actual ninja now in name, not just power you need to be careful Mitsuhide. But let's not get too serious let's go have some dinner huh?" Tashirama said as Akihisa took Mitsuhide to the dining room as his mother padded along behind the group. They had a rather large dinner with a lot of jovial laughs and jokes thrown in. Afterward the family retired to the Garden of the First Hokage and took a family photo with Tashirama and Akihisa in the back and Mitsuhide and his mother in the front. Afterward after some brief training practice between Mitsuhide and his uncle and dad they sent Mitsuhide to bed and he looked up into the night and pointed at the moon after doing so and going to the balcony, "I swear I will surpass my ancestors! I swear I will become the best ninja I can! I swear I will always keep Ria and Okani in my mind." Mitsuhide said holding his fist into the sky and promised to the moon.

Neji casually walked home. He still had some time until the laxatives that his sensei had given him kicked in. As he walked home he took time to reflect on everything that had happened today. Maybe he wasn't meant to be a shinobi. He who posses the sharnigan got himself caught in a simple genjutsu. If anyone else in the clan found out about that, he would never hear the end of it especially from his cousin. He sighed as he finally made his way home. The Uchiha district was buzzing tonight. A lot of people out shopping or having dinner or drinks with friends. A lot of the younger kids ran around playing. He smiled as he stopped to talk to a few different people before he finally made his way home. Once he walked in he was met by his father and mother, who bombarded him with question after question. They asked him about his sensei and teammates and what he did today. He stayed and talked to then for a while when all of a sudden the laxatives kicked in. He said goodnight to his parents and ran into the bathroom. He spent a good hour in the bathroom. He finally got out and headed to his room where he laid in bed and looked up at the ceiling. He finally fell asleep.

Chapter 1 -The Road Bandits

Timeskip - Three Days Later - Time: 2:50 PM

The group had trouble adjusting to things initially, especially after their sensei's hard lessons on their first day, but they put that aside after Mitsunari promised them that he wouldn't do that again to them and he'd be more up front with them. They were assigned to a couple D Rank missions nothing special mostly walking a very large dog and putting up posters around the Konoha for the local poor shelters. It was simple work but it revolved them using a lot of their stamina due to the time spent in the case of the latter and trying to handle without him breaking away the larger dog in the former. Mitsunari didn't do much to help himself outside of keeping the dog from getting away one time when Mitsuhide tripped in a pothole when he wasn't looking. To Mitsuhide he figured he still had a long way to go and despite all the troubles that went along with it he felt that other ninja weren't much better off than he was. He may be a child but he was still capable of some pretty big feats if he put his mind to it.

On this specific day it is another cool and warm day with a bright blue sky and Mitsunari had told them to meet up at the registration office in order to get their next mission. Mitsunari promised them that he'd try and get them a more proactive job but nothing was certain and he made that everyone noted that he promised that he would TRY not SUCCEED. Mitsunari's track record as a sensei so far was spotty but it seemed that once he made a promise he'd stick with it.

Neji arrived at the registration office as he awaited the rest of his team. So far he was okay with his team. Their sensei was spotty at best. Neji could understand though, these first few missions were quite easy so there really wasn't much for mitsunari to do. He was pretty good though when he was training them which neji liked. It had only been a few days but he could feel himself getting stronger.

Then there were his teammates. Tsbumare she was a skilled ninja from the hyuga clan who just like his clan was blessed to have a great dojutsu in the form of the byuakugan. She was quiet and didn't seem to like neji or Mitsuhide or mitsunari for that matter. That was to be Expected of a hyuga though. Sometimes they could be stuck up like that.

Then of course there was Mitushide from he senju clan. And like the Uchiha clan the senju was one of if not the strongest clan in the village. The senju and uchiha have had a rivalry with each other for ages. So combing a senju and a uchiha into one squad was definitely an interesting plan from the higher ups in the village. Maybe they are hoping that Neji and Mitsuhide could become friends and help to end the hatred between he two clans. So far the two hadn't gotten along great. They worked together to finish their missions, but they two of them had got into a few arguments in there first couple of days.

Neji sighed as he took a seat on the bench and waited for the others. He just hopped that he could improve himself and become the best shinobi he could.

She had taken to bringing along some dry rations biscuit and her own bottle of water from that last meal with the Sensei, as well an assortment of antidotes, antivenom, and medicine vials in another satchel. Plus some extra bandages.

Tsubame's wounds from her last beating was almost completely healed, save for the newer ones from both training with her father, and doing those trivial missions with the dogwalking and stuff. It was odd how many scratches one gets just by chasing cats. The bruises on her body, especially her stomach, didn't fully fade however, so she would still have to wear bandages on her body for some more time. Especially if her father wanted to continue throwing rocks at her while she spun around.

Ensuring the plastic vials were tight and safe in her sachel, she started walking down to the town, where they were to meet and get another mission. Here's to hoping it does not involve that old man's demonic dog. When a dog gets that big, and gets curious about something, a girl her size could do very little to hold it back.

Only the Uchiha was there at the moment, and nary a glimpse of her sensei. Obviously. Tsubame gave a slight nod to the Uchiha as a way of greeting, before sitting down herself, waiting patiently for the other two to come. There was no need for words, nor does she really want to talk to him.

After all, what was she to talk about? Tsubame had no real idea what to talk about when it involves anyone that wasn't her father or a hyuga.​

Mitsuhide had woke up early in the morning and had gone out to train with his mother whom, despite being a non-combat ninja, knew some pretty nasty moves of her own. She wasn't exactly a medical nin either despite knowing some healing Jutsu which had allowed Mitsuhide to recover vastly quicker over the past couple of days from the exertion of running around the whole village or so from his injuries from the previous day. He was in the middle of a fierce training regiment with his mom, his dad having left shortly after he fell asleep unfortunately since his rank prevented him from being home to much, and finally getting everything done was something Mitsuhide always felt proud of. "Oh mom what time is it?" Mitsuhide asked wiping sweat out of his slightly spiked hair and his brow as he got undressed upstairs into his normal clothes. He decided to wear his headband like it usually was meant to instead of bandana form because he didn't want sweat permeating into the dang thing. Mitsuhide's mom called to him telling him things were going a bit faster than expected and he should start out soon to make sure he didn't become late to the party so to speak. Mitsuhide called down that he needed a moment before grabbing his tools and filling them into his belt. He stuffed some smoke bombs into his jacket pocket for extra care and then quickly took them out and wrapped them into small clothes to make sure they wouldn't explode or if they did they wouldn't be as bad as they could be. Mitsuhide however as he was walking down the steps tripped and fell on his knee which hurt like hell but luckily for him nothing was cut thanks to a carpet nearby. His mother ran over to try and help him but regardless it would take a bit longer for him to arrive.
---
Suddenly two hands appeared on the backs of both of the two genin as their sensei, clad his signature black coat and green vest with his headband tied around his head appeared behind them. "What's up?! Sorry I'm a little late I got lost trying to count how many jelly beans were in Old Man Aburame's jar before he let his little friends loose on them!...Wait where's Mitsuhide!? And here I was thinking for the first time since last week we'd were all on the actual same page. Silly me." Mitsunari said wackily as he chuckled to himself and laughed if either one of the genin were creeped out by it or caught off guard. "I'll wait until Mitsuhide comes before we start so you can all yell at me about how I suck and how that you wished you had a better teacher because you know I apparently suck that bad compared to Ai Sensei." Mitsunari said sarcastically twirling his hand in the air as he turned around walked forward and then looked back at his girls.

Neji watched as tsburame walked up and have Neji a nod, so Neji returned the nod back at her. Tsburame didn't go out of her way to talk to him or Mitsuhide fur that matter so Neji didn't go out of his way to talk to her.

To Neji it seemed that she thought she was better than everyone when in reality the Hyuga were weaker than both the Uchiha and the Senju, but Neji didn't really bother with it to much. As far as he was concerned he just wanted to get stronger no matter what the situation was.

He sat on the bench as they still waited for Mitsuhide and their sensei. It wasn't like Mitsuhide to be late, but it was definitely like their sensei to be late.

He then felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned around to see that it was their sensei.

"What's up?! Sorry I'm a little late I got lost trying to count how many jelly beans were in Old Man Aburame's jarbefore he let his little friends loose on them!...Wait where's Mitsuhide!? Andhere I was thinking for the first timesince last week we'd were all on theactual same page. Silly me."

Neji sighed a little, but put on. A smile. "Good morning sensei." Neji then thought to him self, jelly beans really that's why he was late he was counting jelly beans. Their sensei was definitely a character that's for sure. The only thing Neji liked about him so far was that when they were training and not doing D ranked missions, the training was intense and he could feel him self getting stronger. He could feel him self becoming better with his sharnigan as well.

"I'll wait until Mitsuhide comes before we start so you can all yell at me about how I suck and how that you wished you had a better teacher because you know I apparently suck that bad compared to Ai Sensei."

Neji listened to his sensei and it made him laugh as he heard that. At least he had a sense of humour. "
So sensei did you get us a better mission today? Or is it going to be another D ranked one?"

"I'll wait until Mitsuhide comes before we start so you can all yell at me about how I suck and how that you wished you had a better teacher because you know I apparently suck that bad compared to Ai Sensei."

Thats right. I do wish I had a better sensei, she thought. Please die quickly so I can get a better teacher.

"Hmm... Mitsuhide... he's late."

Her thoughts went unspoken, with only the small complaint of Mitsuhide's tardiness spoken aloud. She wasn't taught by her father only to forget all his lessons after all. Also, what the hell was he doing counting jelly beans? And why was that woman still with him? With her looks she could grab a more handsome looking fellow with a lot more money. Or was the sensei keeping a horde of wealth and hiding it with his seedy appearance.

"So sensei did you get us a better mission today? Or is it going to be another D ranked one?"

She looked at the Uchiha, before speaking. "If its walking old man Watanabe's dog again, you get to hold the leash for today." Tsubame had learned her lesson last time when the dog spotted a squirrel and dashed after it, with her still holding the leash. She had barely managed to stop the dog by wrapping herself around a tree. As previously mentioned, her small frame could do little to hold back that demon dog if it gets interested in something.

"I wouldn't worry about it. On the way here I ran into his uncle. He told me that his mother had some training lessons for him planned earlier this morning. I wouldn't doubt it that he's just tired. Speaking of which he shouldn't be training before missions. I'll just have to scold him about it later...after I make Neji do his sixty upside down pull ups. You know kid there's better teachers than me for genin you know that right?" Mitsunari commented lazily as he pulled out a small flask and drunk from it quickly before putting it away. "And no I don't mean general teaching like this I mean one on one hard ass training like you keep insisting I do. I didn't think those laxatives I put in your food would drive you to go hard on physical training. Remember kiddos there's more to ninja than just brawn and chakra control. You gotta think deviously and dangerously. Like the ninja in the bingo books. Just with less going rogue. You'd know I'd hate to have to go after my own team." Mitsunari said as he motioned for them to follow him down the hall to the main center tell the receptionist to tell Mitsuhide where to go if he missed them. "Now enough of my senseless babble that's falling on deaf ears, I will confirm I did get us one boring assignment. Tell me have you ever seen a bandit before? Highway men have been messing with the merchants and they're paying us to take'em down a peg or two. Bonus for taking out their leaders. That sound good enough for you? It'd borderline C and the only reason we've got this mission is because the bandits are practically piss in combat according to a chunin who dealt with their ilk previously. You know when I became a Jounin I thought my days of putting down small gangs were behind me. Nope I went and got myself signed up with some genin. Serves me right for getting drunk the day of the chunin exams I guess. I swore I'd never have a squad like you guys but here I am." Mitsunari babbled on as he walked forward. He mentioned that they were heading to gear up in the nearby armory that he had access to in order to get more prepared for the duties of taking out bandits.

Tsubame followed her sensei silently, listening to his speech.

Most of what he said was true, ninja do need to rely on their wits as well. However... it was mostly through their own strength and sufficiency that they will survive. Her father had learned this, and now he was doing his best to teach her.

"Now enough of my senseless babble that's falling on deaf ears, I will confirm I did get us one boring assignment. Tell me have you ever seen a bandit before? Highway men have been messing with the merchants and they're paying us to take'em down a peg or two. Bonus for taking out their leaders. That sound good enough for you? It'd borderline C and the only reason we've got this mission is because the bandits are practically piss in combat according to a chunin who dealt with their ilk previously. You know when I became a Jounin I thought my days of putting down small gangs were behind me. Nope I went and got myself signed up with some genin. Serves me right for getting drunk the day of the chunin exams I guess. I swore I'd never have a squad like you guys but here I am."

Then why don't you just retire here and go get drunk somewhere else, she thought. Why were you even here if you didn't want a squad in the first place?

"...Ah. I see. What information do we have of these bandits?"

Considering they were to take out an entire gang by themselves, any information could be useful in choosing their weapons.

Neji laughed a little bit. "Sensei I know that, but I. Already training with my father on ninjutsu and training my sharnigan and other aspects of being a ninja so I figured I could get you to do this kind of training with me." Neji wanted to go on about saying how he wasn't a fan of their sensei but he didn't want to disrespect the uchiha name like that so he kept his mouth shut. He then listened to heir sensei talk about the upcoming missin. Sure it was just bandits but it was a lot better then cutting down someone's bushes or helping an elderly woman carry her things. They would actually have to leave the village and go out and fight actual bandits. Neji smirked as he got a little excited about it.

"...Ah. I see. What information do we have of these bandits?"

Neji looked an to their sensei. "
Yea do we know where to locate them and how many we could possibly be dealing with?"

"Well maybe if you guys could wait for Lord Hokage to tell us then maybe we'll find out. I figured it'd be best to hear it from the horse's mouth rather than my lips...not that he has a horse's mouth but...gah you know what I mean." Mitsunari groaned as he looked around and waved over to a corner door where one of the chunin was entering she waved back to him and Mitsuhide came rushing over. He wasn't out of breath so much as he was fatigued but it was what it was. Senju weren't supposed to show weakness. Or that's what his old man told him. "Hey guys what'd I miss?" Mitsuhide asked as he also added in a quick apology to which Mitsunari told him it was harmless as long as he didn't do it often. He already knew where he was anyway. "So we're going after bandits today. Is there anything not related to the mission that you guys need to ask about? Any comments about my breath or sob stories you need to talk about before we go kick a couple jerks in the head for stealing money and stuff?" Mitsunari asked patiently as he led them to the door where a group of ninja where heading off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.