Naruto - Squad 13's Journey - In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bandit fell to the ground in pain but he quickly recovered having been underestimated by Neji he decided to play possum. On the other hand the bigger bandit took the kunai blade with a grunt but kept going plowing into Neji causing both to tumble down onto the ground. The other bandit managed to get up and tried to jump on top of and punch Neji in the face as hard as he could.

The kunai blade had not stopped the bandit like Neji had hoped and planes for. He was now on the ground as he saw the one bandit about to jump on top of him. Neji quickly rolled out of the way, and got back on his feet. He quickly made his hand signs and yelled "fire style flame bullet." He shot out multiple fire bullets at the still standing bandit.

With a step backwards, she dodged under the big bandit's reach while simultaneously luring the knife wielding bandit into the swing.

Again, the circular footwork of her taijutsu quickly brought her around the big bandit's side, and to his back, where she slammed both her palms into his back. While such a blow may seem inadequate to even hurt such a huge man, the Gentle Fist taijutsu main point was, to put it simply, slamming chakra into the opponent's organs.

With a leap, she created some distance between her and the bandits, to reevaluate the situation, unsheathing both of her swords and keeping them at the ready.

The bandit screamed horrifically as his flesh was burned by the fire jutsu forcing him to stagger backwards and fall to the ground in complete pain. Those whom where not defeated just yet ran away in terror at the sound of their comrades injuries. The bandit Neji had forced off him however was still determined to get the kid back for stabbing him in the back literally. He made a very flimsy attempt to hit Neji once more but fell over as the pain in his back was starting to really feel the pain coming from his back. The larger bandit however was forced back by the chakra getting sent into him. He growled in pain and pushed himself onto a tree to steady himself, "Damn it...kids shouldn't be this...strong!" the bandit said as he stoop up wobbling. "I'm...I'm not done yet you little she-witch!"

Last edited:
Neji watched as a few bandits ran off in defeat. He turned his red sharnigan eyes towards the bandit that with a very weak effor came at Neji. Neji was getting ready to counter whn the bandit fell to the ground. The amount of Blood he had lost from the kunai blade Neji put through his back was finally getting to him. Neji looked down at the bandit and didn't want him to suffer anymore. He grabbed a kunai and stabbed the bandit in the skull, effectively ending his life. Neji sighed as he stood up and looked over at his Hyuga squadmate fighting this large bandit. He decided to let her handle it as she would get upset if Neji interfered. If for some reason she needed help, then he would step in, but Neji didn't forsee that happening. He stayed alert as he made sure that none of the other bandits were making their way back to the fight.

So they weren't really that strong after all. That was good, at least if those two tried to gung ho their way through they wouldn't be in much trouble. Both of them at least has some skills to talk about. Tsubame watched the others run away while the big one was trying to look brave.

"That's good. I'm not done with you either."

Quickly and accurately, she threw a kunai to each of his limbs, the sharp blades biting deep into his flesh. Maintaining some distance from the bandit, Tsubame drew out three more kunai, making sure the bandit could see it.

"Did you know I could have just killed you on the spot? I could. But I didn't. Because I'm giving you a chance. Tell me everything about your.... gang, and you walk away alive. A bit injured but alive. And if you know what's good for you, you'd quit this line of work and go clean. Or you could be a big macho man and be silent, and I throw these into your jugular and watch you bleed to death on the ground. Which one is it going to be?"

Quite honestly, she didn't mind which one he took. She would be quite content to throw each of her kunai into this man if he didn't talk.

"Fucking ninja...should've expected you two brats to be so brutal." the man said as he coughed violently and looked at Tsubame, "And too think that out of all of you we expected to only worry about the big guy with the coat." he said coughing further as he spat out blood, "You won't get anything from me. Trust me I've been through worse pain than any ten year old could imagine. I was in prison for fifteen years in the Hidden Grass and I know all too well the sting of a kunai. Give me your best shot you snotty nosed little twat." the man growled in defiance.

"Okay."

With a quick slash, and a step forwards, she brought down her sword in a vertical slash down his front, enough to open up his chest and expose the organs inside.

"New offer. Tell me everything and I'll kill you quickly."

If she was half as skilled as her father and as big as he was, she would have probably resorted to pounding this man until his organs were mush. There was simply no training that could make one's organs harden after all. And if Tsubame can force chakra into his brain....

"You THINK this scares me child?" the man says coughing up blood and grunting in pain, "How about you just stick it in me? Isn't that what you want? You piece of adorable shi-" the man stopped coughing up even more blood. "Pain...pain is just what you ninja cause to us common folk every day! I'd be a mercenary like no other but ninja took those jobs away from us what are you compared to me? You're corruption! I've been forc-" the man hacked up and spit a bit of blood in Tsubame's face, "I've said my piece just get it done with kid." commented the man in resignation.

"Okay."

With a last stroke of her sword, she severed his neck without even a moment of hesitation. Tsubame walked past Neji, giving him a nod as she produced a piece of cloth from her belt to wipe her sword clean.

"I suppose you are better than I thought."

Without a word more, she started making her way towards the village where they were supposed to meet. If everything goes well, Mitsuhide and Sensei would be there with nothing to do. If not, well... Sensei was there, so there shouldn't be much problem. The problem she has to think about now was the bandit's unwillingness to divulge any information. Just who was running this gang to inspire such loyalty from even the lowly muscles? The bulk of the gang may not be of much trouble should they need to face them, but the leader or leaders smells of trouble to her.

Before Tsubame got far she felt the grasp of a firm hand on her shoulder, "You know...when I made this shadow clone...I felt like I was wrong about not trusting you two. But I see that you really are brutal little kids now. I'm disappointed in your ruthless nature." said their sensei as his shadow clone took his hand off her. He took one look around the area and whistled as he looked about. "Really I can't blame you given what they were planning on doing and who they were but this was a bit much guys. One guy incinerated...for example. Worst yet you let a few get away. I got them don't worry." Mitsunari commented as he looked over at the bandit whom was left brained by young Neji. Mitsunari looked over the body and sighed, "You two...do you know what the will of fire is? Well I'm sure you teachers told you...but do you carry it inside of you that's what I'm asking? Or do you follow the teachings of the darker side of the leaf. The shadow. Regardless of what you follow..." Mitsunari said as he ripped something out of the pocket of the bandit and walked over to Neji, "You own up to and you remember each kill. Because there was a man behind that person you just killed kid. Remember that next time you do something like that." Mitsunari said as he forced Neji's hand outward and shoved a golden locket inside of the boy's hand. "I hope your proud of yourself Neji. You really are the exemplar of the second hokage's way of thinking. Efficiency even at the cost of lives." Mitsunari commented as the locket opened. Revealing inside was a picture of the bandit with two kids in his arms both with his hair color and a woman behind him. There was blood obscuring the woman's face. "So tell me Tsubame knowing now that the enemy is not willing to betray their friends what is going to happen next time you fight one of them? Will you just kill them? Will you beat them into submission and submit them to authorities? Or will you just not give a damn? I believe you're suppose to be an example to the others for what the Hyuga Clan stands for. Honor to the family, strength of will and mind, and the pride of a founding clan of the Leaf. If it means anything too you two then I suppose I should say good job you can fight low class bandit trash and dispatch them with ease. Now let's get back to the cart. I'm sure the actual me is having a riveting time with wood boy."

Neji stood there and listened to what their sensei said. Neji looked around at the carnage that him and Tsubame had caused. Dead bodies all over the place. He thought about what his sensei was saying. Was he trying to make them feel guilty? He was told that things like this were part of the shinobi life. They would have to kill people and kill their emotions when they fought. He looked up at Mitsunari as he began to speak to Neji.

Nejis arm was forced out and his hand forced open by Mitsunari. He felt a cold piece of metal or something in his hand. He looked down and saw a locket and it was opened to a picture of the man he just killed with his two young kids and his wife. Nejis eyes widened a little bit as the picture reminded him of his family a little bit. Neji didn't know what to say as he had a thousand emotions going through him at that moment.

"Alright let's get moving kids we need to get back to the village or the only people to defend it will be me and Mitsuhide. And quite frankly I don't think there's much of a lesson to be learned from not doing anything here. Like there's much to clean up at all." Mitsunari grumbled as the clone made it's way down the road.
===
Mitsuhide and Mitsunari arrived at the small village not too much later than the clone had started to walk down the road.
"This place looks dingy...granted bandits ran through the place probably but still dang." Mitsuhide said as he got off the road to see the village in a frankly destitute position. Some houses were half burnt down and the whole of the area looked dirty. It was if the people were too afraid to get out of their houses to clean up the dirty things hap haphazardly thrown about the place. A dog came up to him and Mitsuhide smiled at it and gently stroked it's head, "Looks like I'm gonna need to rescue this little town big fella. Don't worry with my wood style I can do anything!" Mitsuhide said proudly as Mitsunari chuckled at the boy's optimism about the situation at hand. "Oh boy your pumped up about this aren't you my boy?" questioned the old man as Mitsunari shook his head, "The boy's just excited don't mind him he probably has gas or something." Mitsunari said with a grin as Mitsuhide frowned and blushed, "I don't! Go shove those cigarette buts up your butt sensei." Mitsuhide counter pitifully as he knew while saying so that comeback was god awful. Mitsuhide's dog friend however barked as Mitsunari looked at the two of them, "A boy with too much time on his hands and a mutt huh? Sounds like a children's book story. THAT is how generic you are right now Mitsuhide to think you're the future head of your clan baffles my mind kid." Mitsunari commented dryly as Mitsuhide frowned and the old man went over to Mitsuhide and shook his head, "Don't listen to him lad a good ninja always does what he believes in. Back in the day he wasn't much different than you were if I remember correctly! I'm sure you'll grow up to a fine ninja. You and your comrades." the old man said as he led Mitsuhide through the rough streets around them. Mitsuhide's new friend trudged along beside them and that last comment made Mitsuhide's smile all the bigger.

"With all due respect, sir, those very men you are trying to sympathize with could have murdered much more in their lifetime, as well as raping, pillaging, and robbing in more than a few places." The contempt in her voice was barely disguised. "If these men were really such saints, they would not be here profiting off the commonfolk. We would not have been called here to cull the bandit problem, and they would certainly not try to kill us just now if that that was the case."

How much more disappointing can the Sensei be? She had a good mind to request, nay, DEMAND the Hokage to transfer her to another squad. A weak willed sensei was not something she wanted to train under. Such blindness and idiocy should be considered a crime. What will be next? Defending a murderer and saying the murders were the victims' fault for letting it happen? That jab at her being a Hyuga didn't even make sense. What would someone from outside the family know about their pride? Their pride certainly did not include being weak willed and being that idiotically idealistic.

She wore a slightly dark expression as she followed the clone back to the village.

Mitsunari's clone merely grunted, "If that's what you think of me Tsubame go ahead and think that. I don't seek to turn those men into good men but at the same time you killed them. Why not just break their hands or something? They wouldn't have been a problem. They wouldn't have needed to die either. They also may have been sent back to the village for due process and trial. Not every situation needs to be solved through bloody murder. At the same time they were awful men and they deserved to be punished but I hardly think robbing a few people is basis on which to murder people on. Trust me I've seen my fair share of scumbags in the past. I'm a Jounin for a reason after all. Look I'm not trying to say that you are right or wrong Tsubame I'm just saying you could have solved that differently and with better end results. I'm your teacher and I believe the best way to learn things is through. If you got something different after this experience then take that to heart and hold it there. Only you can make your own ninja way not me, not your dad, not your mom, not the hokage. Be who you want to be you little shit and aspire to be greater less you fall into mediocrity. So unless you got something better to say than 'Oh those were bad men and they deserved to be punished because of stuff they could've done' then shut it or go talk to your friend Neji over there. Something tells me his moral compass just took a nose dive."

Status
Not open for further replies.