Naruto - Squad 13's Journey - In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well maybe if you guys could wait for Lord Hokage to tell us then maybe we'll find out. I figured it'd be best to hear it from the horse's mouth rather than my lips...not that he has a horse's mouth but...gah you know what I mean."

Perhaps that was for the best. From what she know of her sensei, he would mix in some lies and get them all injured, killed or worse.

"So we're going after bandits today. Is there anything not related to the mission that you guys need to ask about? Any comments about my breath or sob stories you need to talk about before we go kick a couple jerks in the head for stealing money and stuff?

"Sob story...." She thought for a moment. "I don't have any good stories."

There was literally nothing she could even talk about when it came to sad stories. Perhaps there was that story where Robin Hood gets eaten and then really died instead of surviving the encounter with the Wolf, but she didn't remember all of the parts. As for his breath, there was no real reason for her to even get that near the Sensei to even know how his breath smelled like. Actually didn't that question seem rather inappropriate?

"..I'd much rather have this over with quickly.."

Neji listened to their sensei's words, but had nothing to say. He just wanted to hear more about this mission. They may only be bandits, but at least they were a huge step up from the missions they had been doing. Neji believed with the training from his father and sensei that he was ready for this mission. He didn't want to fall behind his two teammates anymore. As much as he hated to admit it he was the weakest of the three.

"No I don't have anymore questions. I just want to get this mission started. Finally a mission where we have to do some fighting."

"Oh yeah just ignore me guys. Nice to see you too..." Mitsuhide grumbled as Mitsunari nodded, "Alright then try not to make yourselves look like jokes in front of our oh so mighty Lord Hokage ok? I won't apologize for you. As a ninja you need to accept yourselves and your actions." Mitsunari commented as he led the group down the hall way to the left. It was the door in the middle of the hallway that he stopped in front of and he opened the door slowly. Mitsuhide breathed in deeply and moved his fingers nervously. He'd never seen the Hokage much around the village and he was nervous. It didn't help that he was tired. When Mitsunari opened the door he insisted on going in first. Mitsunari however was forced to move out of the way as two squads of ninja needed to get out. The room was almost empty other than a few squads and chunin handing out assignments. Lord Hokage sat in the middle of the room. His grey hair was obscured by the hat worn by the Hokage. He also wore the traditional robes but he also wore a small necklace as well. His brown hair rested upon Mitsunari as he entered. However it quickly then fell upon the other members of their group, "So this is the infamous Squad Thirteen. When I saw a Senju, a Kohaku, a Hyuga, and a Uchiha all formed one squad I believed that this village was entering a new age. I expect great things from your team Kohaku." the lord hokage said his words flowing out of his mouth like calm water. There was a sense of serenity around the lord hokage but it was also clear the man had seen many things in his life. He was younger than most hokage but at the same time he was still as wise as any of the previous ones...at least according to most of the villagers. "Lord Hokage! Thank you for the praise. I've come to officially receive the mission I requested of you." Mitsunari commented bowing with his hands coming together in a simple bow. Mitsuhide quickly followed. "Indeed I have it right here. You are to go to a small town about two miles from the village. You are too meet the village elder there and he will inform you of the bandits location. The bandits are rather large in terms of size but in numbers they are small. They shouldn't be much of a threat especially with you Kohaku. You are to either kill the bandits or capture them at your leisure. You are not to let them flee. It sounds simple enough no? Any questions?" Lord Hokage Yu asked as Mitsuhide looked at the man and shook his head, "Not from me sir. I want to thank you for giving us a chance to prove our metal though. After that embarrassment with the cat I think we all want to prove ourselves again." Mitsuhide said as The Lord Hokage nodded at him, "We've all had our blunders Boy of the Wood Style. Don't let one failed part of a mission weigh hard on your mind unless it is particularly something to note to prevent future blunders."

She simply stayed silent throughout the whole exchange, staring at her sensei as he acted very out of character with all his modesty and humbleness before the Hokage himself. Guess even he would not dare be his usual self in front of the Hokage.

"So this is the infamous Squad Thirteen. When I saw a Senju, a Kohaku, a Hyuga, and a Uchiha all formed one squad I believed that this village was entering a new age. I expect great things from your team Kohaku."

"Lord Hokage! Thank you for the praise. I've come to officially receive the mission I requested of you."

She felt like throwing up at this side of her sensei's personality.

"Indeed I have it right here. You are to go to a small town about two miles from the village. You are too meet the village elder there and he will inform you of the bandits location. The bandits are rather large in terms of size but in numbers they are small. They shouldn't be much of a threat especially with you Kohaku. You are to either kill the bandits or capture them at your leisure. You are not to let them flee. It sounds simple enough no? Any questions?"

Tsubame shook her head, and left it at that.

From what the Hokage told them, this shouldn't be too much trouble. Kill them all, save the village, and return home. Tsubame can't help but feel slightly excited at the prospect of actual combat. After all those worthless small time missions, this was where her true battle will begin. This was where she would climb, and not as one would expect, join some assassination squad or the Anbu or anything else, but to raise her name, and ultimately gain enough power that her father could not help but acknowledge her.

Neji followed behind his sensei and two comrades as they entered the hokages office. He had meant the hokage before, when the hokage came to talk to Neji's father and uncle the two leaders of the uchiha. Neji didn't want to make the Uchihas look foolish. So he decided to just stand and not say a word. He didn't have any questions about the mission anyway. It was simple enough, go to the nearby village. Talk to the village head locate the bandits and get rid of them.

Neji was definitely excited to finally get to go out into the field for a mission. He just didn't want to mess up especially after the whole cat fiasco. He wanted to make up for that and show that he was a strong and capable shinobi.

Neji's dream was one day to be the leader of his clan and to one day be hokage. For that to happen he would need to make a name for him self. He wanted people to acknowledge and respect him like they did his cousin. This was Neji's time and he was excited.

Neji looked at the hokage and bowed his head. " thank you for this mission and opportunity lord hokage. We will not let you down."

"Alright then dismissed." said Lord Hokage Yu as Mitsunari walked back out of the room where a older man was waiting for them. "Hello my name is Hogoromo Kamui. I am one of the village elders and I was in the Leaf village for supplies. I'd be honored if you'd accompany me back to my village young ninja and sensei." commented the old man. He was wrinkly, he smelled funny, he had a long white beard with thin hair, and he also looked to be a genuinely nice old man with that humbleness to his tone. Or at least that's what Mitsuhide took out of it. He bowed to the old man in return and smiled at him."Mitsunari Kohaku. Nice to met you Elder." commented their sensei as he pulled out a cigarette and put it in his mouth. "What are you...well I'll be you've grown up Mitsunari." commented the elder man as Mitsunari shrugged, "What now old man? Do I know you?" Mitsunari said as the old man chuckled, "No I'm afraid not but I met your mom on a business trip when you were just a little kid. Well is it true that your-" the old man started to say as Mitsunari shook his head, "Yeah it's all true old man no need to get into details. Let's just say I'd prefer not to waste time with me. If it's true that we've met before it's nice to meet you and all but my job is to keep you and your villagers safe. That's what you're paying us for no?" Mitsunari commented politely but firmly or at least that was how Mitsuhide saw it. Now he was a bit suspicious, "Maybe you do remember him and you drank to much sensei." Mitsuhide commented beneath his breath as Mitsunari lightly thumped the back of his head with a slap. "Look we're going to get going no smartass talking." Mitsunari commented firmly as the old man shook his head, "You should be nice to them you know they're your students." the old man said as Mitsuhide agreed with him as he rubbed the back of his head. "Discipline never should be overlooked old man. Besides I AM being nice to them. They're ninja not children if they expect an easy ride then they should've been farmers. That being said as long as they follow the rules and don't act like idiots then I'll gladly refrain from smacking them." Mitsunari commented sarcastically as the old man shrugged and led them down stairs towards the street where he commented he had a horse and wagon ready.

Neji had seen this old mad in he village before. Actually he had seen him in the uchiha distrct doing some shopping. Neji laughed a little as Mitsuhide got smacked in the back of the head. He thought to himself just like a senju to be disrespectful. They made their way downstairs and out onto the street, where the old man had a horse and wagon ready.

Neji was for the first time actually excited about one of their missions. This mission was way different then the others they had been doing so far. This time they were actually going to have to fight bandits. Sure they weren't shinobi, but still bandits could prove to be somewhat of formidable foes. Neji was just excited to get to prove himself in combat.

As the group got along with their day and moving along they got into the wagon outside which was being pulled along by two oxen. Mitsunari commented that he preferred walking but riding was fine. Unfortunately for the group however most of the wagon was packed so they had to pack themselves into the remaining space. Mitsunari opted to walk outside to give the kids more room saying that'd he prefer not to heard them complain which the old man said he doubted would happen. Mitsuhide wasn't feeling much up to talking after getting slapped upside the head for his comment earlier so he didn't particularly care to comment. However he did like the fact that he wouldn't have to walk a couple miles to get to this village. The group managed to get out of the village with little to no trouble and it seemed no one was following them...well as far as Mitsuhide could tell. Mitsunari walked along surprisingly quick with little trouble keeping up with the larger beasts that pulled the group along. "So kids any expectations for this mission?" Mitsunari inquires to the group as they bump along the rough road from The Hidden Leaf to the village elder's town. "No sir." Mitsuhide commented complacently. Mitsunari looked back at the wagon, "You know when I got this team I was expecting something....more spirited..."

Neji got into the back of the wagon and was able to find a seat on top of a wooden crate. It was actually pretty comfortable, at least he could relax for a little as they made their trip to the elders village. Neji began to think about what the mission would be like and what he would have to do. Neji wanted to make up for their fiasco with the cat. Neji with his sharnigan couldn't even tell that the Cat had put out a simple genjutsu. And let's just say his father was not pleased with that at all and be urge was his uncle leader of the Uchiha. He got a stern let's say lesson from the two of them.

He then shook him self out of his own thoughts as he listened to Mitsunari and Mitsuhide talk. "Well I expect that there are bandits that need to be taken care of, and I expect that we go and take care of them. Hopefully without any difficulty or any setbacks."

"You know when I got this team I was expecting something....more spirited..."

Like what? Being loudmouthed and screaming all around? Jumping here and there like a buffoon without thought? If he was expecting some sort of shennanigans like from those village children, he would be sorely disappointed.

"I see."

There wasn't much left to be said, so she kept examining and re examining her equipments while she thought up a plan on how to defeat those bandits. The senju was brash and tend to jump straight in, powerful or not, so he was likely to bite off more than he could chew. Granted these were bandits, but with their numbers anyone of them with half a brain could concoct a cunning plan to lure and divide them so as to defeat them one by one. The uchiha was.... uncertain, even if he does hold the sharigan.

The course of action was becoming increasingly clear if they were all to return alive.

"Wow such fountains of wisdom you are you know that right?" Mitsunari said clearly disappointed in his team, well even more than usual, and he yawned as he walked back towards the wagon and jumped inside of it. Mitsunari sat down next to Mitsuhide and he took off his sun glasses, "Ten bandits. They think they're clever but they're following us rather loudly. Not very well armed. I think they're planning on getting us when we're near the village. So then how do you guys think we should handle this. Oh wait I know you don't want to do shit do you? Let's just sit here on our hands and do fuck all right?" Mitsunari said serious at first but then going completely dead pan and his voice oozed with sarcasm as Mitsuhide glared at him. "I could say something but I won't. I don't like getting walloped on the back of the head twice in one day. Time for one of you two too say something stupid." Mitsuhide said moodily as Mitsunari chuckled, "Well good for you wood boy. You sure as fuck live up to the legend don't you?"

Neji chuckled at the banter going back and forth between the two "hey how about you two worry about your little disagreement later so we can take care of these bandits and make sure this elder gets to his village on once piece.." Neji activated his sharnigan and looked back behind them, their sensei was right there are ten bandits coming up on them. "Well we could just take them head on right now. I don't think ten lightly armed bandits would be much trouble for us, or we could set them up in a ambush before they can do the same to us."

So much talk.

She adjusted the contact lens she had procured earlier, making sure they weren't positioned wrong. The Hyuuga has a very distinctive trait, their white eyes, thus wearing contacts would help give her even more of an advantage until one of them figured out she was a Hyuuga. Her father had always said pride had no place on a battlefield. Satisfied, she jumped off the cart.

"...you guys can go on with the old man and protect him. I want to see how strong they are."

Now, this should make it simpler. Them sending out people after the wagon either means their leader knew the old man would try to hire ninja to help, or this was a simple raid the wagon job for these men. The first was highly unlikely, but not improbable. Criminals can be very well informed after all, and just the sight of the old man entering a ninja village and going out with three children and a grown man following him speaks volumes. However the latter would be more likely, if the leader had the capacity to do that, their name would likely be more famous and they would be operating on a larger scale by now.

For now, she should test the capabilities of their average men, and see what can be expected of them.

"Come out. Your stench betrays you."

"And there goes any chance of being stealthy. See kids this is why you talk about things before going out and doing them." Mitsunari commented as the elderly man looked at him, "Shouldn't you go help her? You're a responsible adult whose job it is to protect those children!" the elder man shouted at him as Mitsunari chuckled and shrugged, "Why she threw herself into this mess. Now the question is...are you going to help her?" Mitsunari said plainly as he looked at the other two still left in the cart. Mitsuhide was torn he didn't want to do something abjectly stupid but at the same time he was leaving behind a member of his squad to who knows what fate. "Sir I-I don't know what to do." Mitsuhide commented as he looked backward. "Indecisive action? That's not what ninja were taught in school I guess your teacher was shit." Mitsunari commented bluntly as he took a cigarette out of his pocket and put it in his mouth without lighting it.

===

"What the fuck!? Should've know they'd hire ninja to protect their sorry asses. Leaf village snot rag are you sure you want any part of this?" commented one of the bandits as he exited from the bush. He was wearing a yellow turban and he had large muscles and was clearly no stranger to fights by all the scars on his body. He carried a large mace and the people around him had knives. "I guess if we capture your sad little ass we'll get a nice pay check from the village and we'll be able to get the old man. So yeah make the first move." The larger man said to her

Neji was shocked that the Hyuga girl would just jump out like that. He thought that she was the most rationale of the entire team. He sighed as he watched her go down the road to fave the bandits. Neji knew that they would have to go back to help her. Neji would never leave a comrade behind even if it meant messing up the mission. He would never leave anyone behind.

He then listened to Mitsunari and Mitsuhide go back and forth. Neji was surprised that the senju didn't know theobvious answer. Neji stood up and looked at Mitsuhide. " hey come on we need to go back and help her. We may all be from Different clans who aren't exactly on the best terms with each other, but we are all comrades all apart of this team. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to leave a comrade behind."

With that Neji jumped out of the wagon and ran back to where the Hyuga was. He stood next to her as he activated his sharnigan. "
You won't be capturing anyone today. I suggest you guys just turn around and leave this area forever before we have to use force."

Neji looked over at his teammate and smirked. "
I wasn't going to let you have all the fun."

Mitsuhide looked out towards the Uchiha boy as he rushed out to help out Hyuga girl. It wasn't tempting but this wasn't the mission? "So how about it Mitsuhide?" Mitsunari asked him simply as he looked down at the boy and Mitsuhide looked up at Mitsunari. Mitsuhide was gripping the seat tightly and he breathed in deeply. He shook his head and let out a huge sigh, "The mission comes first. My dad always said so. And besides two ninja should be more than enough to take out those guys. I'll stay here with you Mitsunari sensei." Mitsuhide said with regret in his voice. He turned back to the others as they started to get out of view, "Good luck." Mitsuhide muttered as Mitsunari chuckled and smiled, "I'm honestly surprised Mitsuhide. Maybe you do have what it takes to make the right choices. Or maybe you're a coward. Or maybe your biased against other clans. Whatever the choice I think you made the right one staying here kid. Don't worry I have all the confidence that they can taken some block head bandits." Mitsunari said patting Mitsuhide on the head as Mitsuhide pulled away feeling like the compliment and the questions punched him in the gut.

===

"Oi! You think you're some hero boy!? Shoot'em!" the big guy said as one of the bandits from behind shot out arrows towards the two other them. The sound was made clear by the sound of the arrows being let loose from the bow. At the same time the men with normal melee weapons grabbed stones and threw them at the two ninja.

Neji could with his Sharnigan easily see and dodge these attacks. He jumped high into the air to dodge the arrows and rocks that were coming towards him. He knew that her Byukugan was probably stronger than his sharnigan. So Neji was worried and knew that she would be able to dodge their attacks. He turned towards the ones shooting arrows at them and made hand signs "giant fireball jutsu!" He shot off a giant fireball towards the bandits shooting arrows at them. This jutsu was one that evey Uchiha learned how to do and Neji had become very good with this jutsu.

"..what are you doing here, Uchiha?" she spoke as soon as the boy came to her.

Did he think she might be overpowered and taken hostage? If so, then he shouldn't have bothered. Tsubame knew exactly when she was outmatched, something beaten in during her rigorous training with her father. And she knew exactly when to fold them or break even. There was no way these common thugs could even begin to pursue her, not when she has the advantage of speed. Or perhaps he wanted to see how strong the bandits were generally, and make a plan like she did. If so, he could have just asked her after she finished.

"I wasn't going to let you have all the fun."

Fun... How was work fun? Odd how someone could even think that. But then again the Uchiha family weren't always the sanest. The sharp twang of a bow firing broke the relative silence, as the bandits began shooting at them, and of all things, started throwing rocks at them. She wanted to say that was barbaric, but she thinks even barbarians right now would have forsaken rocks as weapons. The veins near her eyes swelled noticeably as she activated Byakugan.

"If you get hit and start crying, I won't take responsibility."

The bandits were obviously aiming to kill when they started throwing and shooting at them. But the problem with aimed shots was its predictability and the ease with which one could dodge it. With a fast circular step, she moved out of the way of the projectiles, and with another, she regained equilibrium, arched, dashed straight to a surprised bandit. Using both the momentum of her speed and the strength of her own arm, Tsubame slammed the hilt of her still sheathed sword into his windpipe, culminating in a gruesome sound as the impact with the hard lacquered wood crushed it. Instinctively she spun while still in mid air, utilizing the recoil from the hit, as her other hand drew out the other sword like a whip, cutting through another bandit's bow, and leaving a long shallow gash on his chest.

She could hear the impact of the fireball behind her, and well, see it as well, due to Byakugan granting a near 360 degrees of sight. Tsubame kept her focus on the big bandit, since he was most likely the more dangerous one, with likely a few nasty tricks up his sleeves.

"Ah shit shit!" the guy said as he rolled to the side and tried to get out of the fire but his clothes also caught fire causing him to spin around and try to get the fire out as his companions who managed to avoid it shot small volley of arrows at Neji. "You son of a bitch!" the bandits shouted as they let loose their arrows. However the shots missed due to the assist from Tsubame. The bandit who was hit fell the ground limp but it didn't look like he was dead just yet. The other bandit pulled out a dagger and attacked the girl screaming loudly as the large burly man went immediately charged her with his mace and swung it with a lot of force intending to take off her head. The other bandits attacked Neji with swords.

Neji watched as two more bandits came at him with swords. Neji grabbed a kunai blade out of his pouch getting ready for them. With his sharnigan he could easily see and dodge their attacks. Neji was pretty much toying with the two bandits as he dodged their attacks and used his kunai blade to block their swords. Soon enough he jumped over the one bandit and stabbed him in the back with his kunai blade. One down and one to go. He ran at the other bandit and before they reached each other Neji threw his kunai blade and it struck the bandit in the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.