Naruto - Squad 13's Journey - In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitsuhide walked there alongside Neji not really saying much outside from a shout out to a few of the villagers whom he knew and had a familiarity with. For all Mitsuhide's dislike of the Uchiha he got along fine with most of the others in the village but a few saw him as outright too friendly or cheerful for their liking. Mitsuhide grinned to himself as he flipped a coin up and down in the air occasionally missed catching it leading to grumbling as he had to pick it up multiple times. "God damn coin...just keep the rhythm Mitsuhide..." he said to himself patiently as he finally arrived at the gate along side Neji. "Where did Sahoru get off to? I swear to Tobirama Senju if he decided to go off on his own I'll...I'll gah! Why does everything have to go bad today?" Mitsuhide grumbled complacently as he sat down on the ground and looked around. He saw no sign of anyone here had seen before and it seemed that this would just great. Not only was Sahoru not here but Mitsunari Kohaku wasn't here either! What he heck man!?

Neji walked beside Mitsuhide, as they headed to the main gate. Neji noticed that Sahoru had already split off from the group. Neji sighed and thought to him self "well it already has begun, he's going to be like this the entire time." Neji smiled and talked to a few of the villagers on the way, most of them the same ones Mitsuhide spoke too. They arrived at the gate and it was just him and Mutsuhide, Sahoru wasn't there and neither was there sensei. Neji turned to Mitsuhide "you can get use to Sahoru going off on his own. He believes he is so much better than everyone else. It's been pretty annoying having to deal with him growing up together." Neji took a seat on a bench next to the main gate as they waited for their sensei.

"It's all a matter of being prepared for the meeting of our team Neji. It doesn't matter if he's an ass or not it's a matter of actually being responsible. I guess he just got lost...freaking idiot...genius my butt." Mitsuhide grumbled simply to Neji quietly. It wasn't that he was afraid of what Sahoru would do if he heard him it was Mitsuhide not wanting to provoke a fight if he was just around the corner or something. If he heard him aloud then that would just further cause Sahoru's prick meter to rise expodentially. And Mitsuhide wasn't one to curse he just hated Sahoru's attitude.

"Apologies for being late. I had business to attend to, something the two of you would know a little about if you ever were entrusted with larger responsibilities than your own. Try being groomed to lead the greatest clan in the village." Sahoru said, as he came walking towards the two, his hand motioning towards his Tanto, he using his right hand to pull his black hair out of his face.
He looked around, and then at the other two before speaking again.
"Where's our Sensei? The three of us are plenty dysfunctional as it is, am I gonna have to babysit our jounin, too?" He said, sighing slightly.

Last edited:
Neji looked at Sahoru as he walked over to them. Neji just sighed he didn't want to start an argument with his cousin now. The Jonin that was assigned to them would be here soon and Neji didn't want them to look incapable of acting like a team. "Sure Sahoru whatever you say." Neji continued to sit on the bench and just wait until their sensei got there. This was going to be an interesting team to say the least especially with Sahoru on it. It was tough enough to be paired up with a senju but add Sahori into the mix and it just made for a terrible mix. "Do either of you know anything about our sensei? I've never heard of him before?" Neji knew most of the Jonin in the village from his father, but he had never heard of their sensei before.

"Oh yeah because I totally don't know what it's like to have the center of attention in the middle of your clan Sahoru." Mitsuhide grumbled at him as he made a dog hand sign and then put his hand on the ground causing a small chunk of wood to come out of the ground at which Mitsuhide picked up and tossed it in one hand up in the air. "Now that we're here where is our sensei that's the four million dollar question I have." Mitsuhide said passively as he got up and looked around the area. He checked in the stores nearby but saw no one out of the ordinary or in ninja gear. "Oh so that's how it's going to be huh?" Mitsuhide said to no one in particular. Scratching his head he moved forward and groaned. "Well then it looks like he's late!" Mitsuhide said in annoyance. However someone called him over, a member of the Village's guards who stood vigilant on the wall an Uchiha by the name of Kenshin. Kenshin was alright despite the fact that he was a damn dirty Uchiha jerk. In fact to the contrary Kenshin has never been anything but nice to him so Mitsuhide tolerated him. Speaking of which why the hell were there so many Uchiha around his butt recently? He knew plenty of them...

"Oh hey Mitsuhide and little Sahoru and big man Neji! You looking for something!?" the man called as Mitsuhide nodded and explained he was looking for his sensei who was supposed to meet them there when Kenshin chuckled to himself and then produced another slip of paper from his desk telling the group that it was from their sensei. Mitsuhide thanked him halfheartedly as he tore the envelope a part with his finger. But then gave up and used the sharp point of the wooden block he used to get the thing open. After fumbling around for a moment he pulled out a small note. Just like the one they had received at the school. "What the hell?" Mitsuhide said as he quickly scrolled through the writing and turned a deep red after reading through it a second time. "What the hell? Are you...SON OF THE HOKAGE! THAT BASTARD!" Mitsuhide said angrily his day had gone from bad to worse. He threw Sahoru the letter which stated that they'd need to find four more letters across the village and a small map marking the four places. One was in the park, one was underground, and one was near the hot springs. "What's wrong Mitsu? The letter say something bad?" Kenshin asked waving his kunai around in a circle. "Yeah it looks like we got to split up. Hey I'll take the park side what ones do you guys want?" Mitsuhide asked groaning. "By the way Mitsu ni-" Kenshin's friend Tatsumi Kobaiashi started as Mitsuhide throw a ninja star at him quickly, "I dare you to finish that sentence. It's one I already heard from Hiyato Sensei jerk!" Mitsuhide said as he glared daggers at the man as he wondered who was going where.

===

The Letter itself:

"Dear new group of genin. I'd like to say congratulations on making it to the front gate. I'm sure that it was such a hard trip for you youngsters! I mean brand new ninja and already here you are staring at the village gate. But....you're not leaving the village just yet. In fact if you want to find me you're going to have to play by my rules my ninja in training! I'm somewhere you'll never guess...or well I assume you won't even if you do guess right I'm going to still make you work your butts off so here's the deal kiddos. I've hidden three letters around the village one in the park where the war memorial is at, one in the hot springs location, and one in the middle of the sewers underground. I'm giving you a warning you'll need the skills you've gained so far otherwise you'll be SO out of luck little guys. Have fun, stay safe, and hope to see you soon!"

Sincerely and with best regards,

Your Sensei, Mitsunari.

Neji smiled when kenshin walked up to them. "Hey kenshin what's up!" Neji smiled at him and then he heard what Mitsuhide said. "Are you serious? You have got to be kidding me. This is crazy, but we don't really have a choice do we? So I guess I'll take the one by the hot springs which leaves the one in the sewer to Sahoru. Once we find them we will meet back here okay." Neji sighed this was not what he was expecting from their sensei but they had to do it.

Sahoru read the letter and then he scoffed. "Cool" He said, before the motioned towards the springs. "I'll take the sewers then." Sahoru told his teammates, tossing away the letter, the others left and Sahoru turned his attention to the guard, Kenshin, a member of his own clan. "Kenshin, pretty sure you don't really have the authority to be talking smack. I already caught you sleeping on the job almost a year ago. Bandits got into the village on your watch, remember?" Sahoru told Kenshin, referencing the time when Sahoru got caught fighting bandits and activating his Sharingan as a result, in truth, it was a silver lining to Kenshin messing up.

Kenshin nodded and let out a "Sorry Sahoru." before returning to his post, the Uchiha heir sucking all of the joy out of his expression and posture. "Schmuck." Sahoru said to himself, not loud enough for Kenshin to hear, scoffing as he used the body flicker technique to move towards the Hot Springs, looking forward to getting this stupid test over with. Why didn't they just have a sparring test like everyone else.

Sometime later At The Park....

As Mitsuhide arrived at the park area where ninja came to train occasionally he noticed that a group of nin were indeed fighting there it looked like the three family members from the Yamanka Clan, Nara, and the Akamichi clans. He chuckled and thought how easy it would be to just spar with their sensei instead of this ridiculous excuse for a fetch mission that they were sending him on. After sitting down for a moment to catch his breath and admire the handy work of the man who easily kept up with the three genin. "I wonder if our sensei is a cool guy? I doubt it...he's sending us scurrying around like rats." Mitsuhide thought to himself frowning as he got up and dusted himself off. According to the letter it was somewhere around here and he would need to find it. Wonderful...just wonderful. Mitsu took off his jacket that had his clan's symbol emblazoned on the back of it and decided that he'd come back to get it later. He hung it on a nearby small tree. However first he gathered his kunai and ninja stars from his jacket pockets and slid them into his belt that was around his waist. He grinned to himself wondering what the hell was waiting for him in the forest as he jumped onto a tree limb and then vanished into the forest.

He jumped from tree to tree for about three minutes as he worried if his sensei was screwing with him. Nothing had popped out of him and nothing seemed to be chasing him to his knowledge. What was he doing here!? Why the hell was it so boring!? Why was he talking to himself!? Whatever...he needed to find something anything that would give away the letter's location. Mitsuhide stopped on a tree and thought about where he would hide a letter. But as he looked something started to sizzle and he looked about as suddenly he got a good whiff of smoke coming from around him and he suddenly knew what was going on, "F- you sensei..." Mitsuhide said as he quickly jumped from that branch onto another thanking god that the tag was one of the slow ones when he was suddenly sent flying from an explosion from underneath him. Apparently Mitsunari had hollowed out a second tag inside of the branch. Mitsuhide screamed as he desperately tried to think of a jutsu he could use! But nothing came to mind so his body reacted by hitting the ground rolling leaving him winded but fine, "Ha sensei you got to do bette-" Mitsuhide said as he got up and went to walk forward as he looked backwards after landing hard as he stumbled backwards and fell into a pit dug right in front of him! "Oh heck no!" Mitsuhide shouted as he narrowly managed to grab a ledge by complete coincidence. This was the second hole he found himself almost falling into today it seemed. Earlier while walking to school he almost fell after stepping into a pot hole. Lucky for him it seemed their sensei knew mercy because beneath the pit was a bed of pinecones not sharp pointy objects of death. "That...that is just dir-" Mitsuhide begun to say as the ledge he had grabbed started to collapsed on itself. But Mitsuhide's instincts kicked in and he managed to stop himself by using his legs and arms to stop himself from falling by propping himself up against the sides of the wall. He breathed in deeply and bounced off the walls until he was out of it. When he got out he looked down it and breathed in deeply; The hole was pretty big and he knew that it was definitely man made. I mean how else would something like this happen!? Giant freaking holes in the ground didn't come out of nowhere.

"Mitsunari Kohaku huh? You are one sick jerk..." Mitsuhide growled as a piece of wood that caught on fire from one of the tree branches that exploded fell down the hole past Mitsu and into pinecones setting them ablaze. However Mitsuhide was already out so it posed not problem to him besides the fact that it could have ended miserably for the young Senju. That was one of the things Mitsuhide was actually good at: jumping and the other was ninjutsu. Especially ninjutsu he always liked to brag about it when he could and this was a perfect opportunity to be grateful about his natural stamina as well. Regardless this was not the time to think things over as when he finally got out he tripped a log trap but this time he was not about to let some trap screw him over. He activated his substitution jutsu and changed places with a nearby log that had been a part of a nearby tree. Nature was really helpful and convenient...when it wasn't trying to KILL HIM. "I'm not going to get caught off guard after that..." Mitsuhide said as he absent mindedly blocked a kunai trap that he tripped on purpose using another kunai.

"I'm not going to be stopped! Not by Mitsunari Sensei and not by some ninja tools dang it!" Mitsuhide said smiling to himself as he ran through the forest that was called a park, "I'm Mitsuhide of Clan Senju great grandson of the First Hokage Hashirama Senju, and great grand nephew of Tobirama Senju, the Second Hokage! I'm not going to be stopped here by some traps!" Mitsuhide said proudly as he smiled remembering the smiling faces of his family. He'd make them proud he would! After springing some other traps using his environment to his advantage. When in the middle of a field he found a note on a cut down tree stump. "Oh yeah because I'm totally that stupid..." Mitsuhide said as he pulled out a seed from his pocket and activated his Wood Release: Wood Clone jutsu that he had in reserve. He figured he might be tested today so he made a clone or two before he went to sleep yesterday. With the clone already made it required minimum use of his chakra reserves. "Sensei you really shouldn't have underestimated a genin..." Mitsuhide said smiling to himself as the clone materialized before him and he pointed at the log which the clone walked towards.

"Come on activate the traps..." Mitsuhide said as his clone walked forward slowly. "Oh yeah just send me in because I'm a clone...you know we're lucky that dad taught us how to create one thanks to him knowing the shadow clone jutsu!" the clone complained but Mitsuhide told him to stick a sock in it. The clone walked up hesitantly as he looked about and slowly reached out to grab the letter. Expecting a trap the clone flinched but then immediately shook out of it and reached for it again. But...nothing came as the clone reached the letter he smiled and grinned to himself. "Hey I got it!" But as he went to open it the thing exploded sending the wood clone flying towards a nearby tree which triggered another sort of trap with more explosive tags! "WHERE DO YOU FIND THE TIME TO SET THIS UP!? WAIT THAT COULD HAVE KILLED ONE OF US!" Mitsuhide shouted as jumped backwards and the explosive blast sent him rolling into the grass but luckily for him he had just been knocked back by the push because he was already a decent distance away and he only got the wind knocked out of him. So much for his wood clone...but when Mitsuhide went back he was half expecting another trap but instead the stump was blown away and there was a letter underneath..."FINALLY BY GOD!" Mitsuhide said as his t-shirt was singed, his pants were dirty, and his hair was filled with dirt...but now he had the letter and that was all that mattered..."Head to a small...tree in the middle of the park...and say the word cat. Your other two teammates should have the other key words. In order you need to get farther you'll need to say the words in a specific order. All will be clear in time. Hope you didn't mind the paper bombs!" Mitsuhide said aloud as he growled and shouted in frustration getting frustrated he jumped off to where the small tree was suppose to be...there was a small map of the park and where the tree was, at least despite the crude hand writing at least he was making it easy on them. Whatever awaited them Mitsuhide hoped it was worth it...and he also hoped the sensei was readying himself to get his neck wrung out after this too!

Last edited:
Neji eventually made his way to the hot springs, the area he was suppose to look for a note or well something like that. Neji didn't know what the point of this was. Every other genin team would all spar with their senseis and instead of doing that they were out searching for some stupid letters. As neji got to the hot springs, he talked to the owners of some of the local businesses in the area to see if they knew anything about any letters, but of course they didn't that would be way to easy. Neji decided to sit and rest for a little bit. From the main gate he had to go all the way across the village to get to the hot springs and now that he was there he had no idea where to search. So he sat down and decided to calm his mind and try to think. "If I was our sensei where would I put this letter. It has to be somewhere kind of obvious." According to the letter they got it had to be somewhere near the hotsprings. Neji got up and decided to go search for this letter again. Neji made sure he had his ninja tools. He had his shuriken and kunai strapped tovp his things. He wasn't sure exactly what he would be dealing with, but it would be better to be prepared incase he needed to use them. "Well the letter is probably going to be in a part where there aren't a lot of people around. He may have set some traps for us so he wouldn't put it in a real populated place."

Neji jumped up onto the top of one of the buildings in the hot springs area and jumped around the buildings for a while searching. He activated his sharnigan to see if possibly the letter had any chakra attached to it, but he didn't see anything. He searched around for a while and found nothing. He started to believe there was nothing here. "
If this whole thing is just a waist of time I am going to be furious." Just as he said that he saw something in the corner of his eye. His sharnigan picked up very fast moving kunai coming right at him. It was a trap! Neji smirked and easily dodged the trap. "Ha you are going to have to do way better than that sensei." Just then more kunai this time coming from behind him, neji again had to dodge them. Now though he was in the air with no bustling beneath him to land on. So what happened, well he landed right in a hot spring. "Oww oww oww, this is so hot." Neji was drenched in water, since he head to dodge the kunai coming at him from behind, it made him land right in the hot spring. Next thing he knew he heard a scream coming from a woman. Neji looked around to see what was going on, but all he saw was a large woman screaming and coming at him. Neji panicked. "Mam mam no I'm sorry I'm sorry I don't mean to be here." Neji was tossed out by the woman who thought he was peeking in on her. Neji sat on the ground outside of the hotspring panting. "She was scary." It was like his sensei knew that he would land in the woman's hotspring. Neji sighed why is sensei messing with us, this is absolutely awful.

Neji tried drying himself off and picked himself up. He needed to find this letter and meet back up with his wonderful squad of his. He hopped that Sahoru and Mitsuhide were having as difficult time as he was. If he was the last one back he would definitely hear it from those two epically Sahoru. Neji went back to the top of building where the kunai traps were. As he was up there he saw a clearing with a few trees and jumped down onto one of the branches. His sharnigan picked up the chakra of a paper bomb on his branch. "
Off nooo." Neji jumped off of that branch dodging the bomb, but the shockwave it created sent him falling to the ground. Thats when he saw them many many paper bombs leading to a stump that had the letter atop of it. Neji quickly jumped around dodging the paper bomb explosions as he tried getting to the stump. After a few minutes and a few close calls he finally reached the letter. Neji fell next to the stump. "What the hell how I didn't get hurt from these traps is beyond me. Well I feel like this letter is going to be trapped in some way, but here goes nothing." Neji opened the letter and tossed it down as he jumped back. He sat for a minute and saw that nothing had happened. He walked over and grabbed the letter and started to read it. "So I have to go to a small tree in the middle of the park, okay that should be easy enough." Neji was drenching wet and was dirty from dirt. His clothes were singed a little from the paper bombs, but that was it. Neji left the hotsprings and made his way to the park. Neji hopped whatever was waiting for him was worth going through all the trouble and he hoped he got to spar with his sensei because neji was going to kill him after all of this.

After going all the way back across the village neji made his way into the park. He found a map that showed him where the tree was. He made his way to the tree and saw that Mitsuhide was there but not Sahoru or their sensei. Neji landed next to Mitsuhide who like him had singed clothes and was dirty, but at least he wasn't wet like Neji was. "
so have a little of a difficult time finding your letter as well." Neji realized he still had his sharnigan activated and deactivated it. At this point Neji was just happy he got his letter and that he beat his cousin getting here.

"No what would have given you that idea besides all this dirt and dust on me. Ow freaking thorn..." Mitsuhide replied moodily as he pulled a thorn from his arm and flicked it to the side. "Wow Sahoru must either be really busy with that trap set up for him or he's stuck in a sewer pipe somewhere...I can't believe we made it first. Go figure right Uchiha?" Mitsuhide grumbled as he spit on his hand and started to rub the dirt off of his face roughly. "I swear to god if we run into another trap and we don't get a good pay off for this then we're freakin' got stuck with the worse sensei ever. At least Hiyato warned us when he threw kunai at us! Kohaku Sensei threw a god damn paper bomb storm in my face...and booby trapped holes with pine cones on the bottom which caught fire! Freaking motion activated paper bombs!" Mitsuhide kicked the ground repeatedly to vent his frustration only for him to end up nearly slipping and falling down but lucky he caught himself.

It was as if she was in a dream.

Hyuuga Tsubame, though not unexpected, had passed her graduation exam, and had gotten a gift from her father to commemorate it, which was high unexpected and very unprobable; something she would think he would do if she took down a fully fledged Kage with a fork and some chicken soup. With both arms tied behind her back.

"Err... Tsu? You'll reach the moon if you space out that long."

She jerked suddenly, aware she was staring into space with a vacant look on her face. "Sorry, Mr. Fumoda."

He waved it off, as she hurriedly finished her beef bowl before it grew cold. It was a good thing the restaurant didn't have that many people here.

"..mmh... Mr. Fumoda? Do you know where Squad 31 is meeting up?"

"You can just call me Fumoda, not that you will listen. And as a matter of fact, I do. Yoshitake was just in here all excited like, going on about how his squad is going to be the best. So if I know him like I do, I'd say he'd be gathering his squad near that cherry tree by the well."

***​
Tsubame didn't really have much to do after graduation, unlike most of the others who spent time with their friends out having fun and splurging on anything and everything just to show how happy they were. Thus, she spent some time after with her father, sitting formally in front of him, as he gave a long hard speech about effort, and his hopes for her. In a way, it was rather endearing, partly because he was the only family she had. It was then that he presented her with the twin swords she wore so proudly now. Near the end of his speech, he pulled her into a hug, whispering the words she had long wished to hear.

"...I'm so proud of you.."

She could feel the warm fuzzy feeling she'd get whenever he gave one of his rare praises. If only he could be as affectionate like this all the time.

"..we should train more everyday during your free time..."

"Eh?"

***​

She sighed as she remembered the conversation with her father. Does that mean a more rigorous training was in wait for her? A father's love was tough indeed.

Tsubame didn't have time to think about that however, she was going to run late to meet her new squad. Yoshitake was exactly where the old man had said he would be, but that puzzled expression from the teacher and the two genin beside him told her there was something wrong. Confusion crossed Yoshitake's rugged face, as he started to run his hand through his spiky hair. "Err.... Sahoru? No, no.. that can't be, you're a Hyuuga right? So what are you doing here?"

She handed over a note with scrawling writing on it, detailing that she was supposed to be in Squad 31.

"Huh? Well now, this can't be ri-" He stopped as a ferret jumped down in front of him, carrying a letter. With a brisk move, he took the letter and opened it roughly. Unable to resist her curiosity, she moved to his side to read the letter as well.

This... this has got to be some kind of joke. There was no way there could be someone that incompetent handling the graduates placements and messages. Then again, if it was Habara sensei.... Hyuuga Tsubame read the letter again, knowing full well the content won't change even if she read it a thousand times, and yet still hoping she had somehow read it wrong.

To Hyuuga Tsubame,

You're in the wrong squad. An Uchiha by the name of Sahoru got mixed up with you. You are supposed to be on Squad 13 and him on Squad 31. My mistake. Tee hee

"Tee hee my ass!" Yoshitake threw the letter on the ground. "Damn it Habara!"

"...muh.." Finally accepting of her fate, she sighed again, and started walking about looking for 13. Sahoru was pretty recognizable, being an Uchiha and all that, and she did see him just a while before when she was looking for squad 31. Where he went was anyone's guess. After some searching high and low, she finally resorted to asking passerby to his whereabouts. A few minutes later, she found an old lady who said he was seen entering a sewer before.

True to the lady's word, she found him exiting a sewer, looking very cross with the world. Mentioning the mistake and the letter, she got nothing but a glare, as he pushed another letter into her hand and stalked away, muttering something about incompetence, and sparring with squad 13. He did mention something about a tree they were supposed to meet up at, and said for her to get there with the letter if she was to join Squad 13 properly. Watching him storm off, she handled the letter gingerly. What was that smell? Her face scrunched up in disgust as she realized where Sahoru had come from and the implication. Dropping the letter immediately, she found a stick to handle it with, and made her way to the location Sahoru mentioned.

She found two boys underneath a tree, right where Sahoru had mentioned they would be.

"Excuse me. Are you two from Squad 13? Sahoru wants you two to have this."

She held out the letter using the stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
"And may I ask who you are...Miss Hyuga?" Mitsuhide questions the strange girl who approached them and wondered where the hell Sahoru was...when it hit him. "That dumbass got himself hurt didn't he? Figures his big head got to him. Hope whatever he ran into underneath the village was worth this letter." Mitsuhide said aloud as he kicked the dirt. "Some squad we are! Two guys! One jerkass sensei and...are you kidding me....?" Mitsuhide grumbled further as he looked at the contents of the letter then looked up at the Hyuga girl. "First thing's first however. Like I asked who are you if you don't mind me asking and being a jerk about it at the very least. Kinda almost got blown up by the guy who's trying to teach me things. Don't even want to know what Neji here did. This whol day was a mess." Mitsuhide grumbled as he kicked the dirt violently.

"Tsubame. Hyuuga Tsubame. Pleasure making your acquaintance." She brushed off some imaginary dust off her front, feeling self conscious of the swords strapped to her lower back. "I am supposed to be on Squad 13 but Habara- sensei messed up again, and sent me to 31 where Sahoru was supposed to be."

Curiosity soon got the better of her. The way they talked makes it seem as if they had split up before, meaning there were three letters since they were waiting for Sahoru with his letter, the stinky letter the boy in front of her was handling very nonchalantly. Thus, the letters were related, most likely something the sensei had thought up for their test. Since Sahoru was the one who actually went into the sewer, that doesn't bode well for her at all. But then again, it was all a mistake

"Whats in those letters?"

"Ah that explains why we've never met you. Well this is Neji Uchiha a proud member of a clan not too dear to my own heart and I am Mitsuhide Senju. I'm guessing it's due to the fact that we had two Uchiha clan members and on one team...it was bound to happen with the number of Uchiha inside of our class." Mitsuhide said as he sighed, "What's in the letters? Crudely written crap that's supposed to be from the guy who was supposed to teach us...and apparently parts of a code. But since it's getting kinda late in the day...we've been waiting for Sahoru...well you actually be default but that's besides the point, so let's get a move on." Mitsuhide said as he walked over to the nearby tree. He asked Neji for his letter before reading what was inside of it. While doing that he thought to himself what his current status was in case there were more traps. He had his chakra still at a good level he guessed but that did not amount to much if he was to tired to use them. However since the challenge he went through didn't tire him out much and thankfully his family had stamina in abundance so at the very least he wouldn't fall over and die if he needed to use his jutsu. He knew he wouldn't just fall over and go to sleep either after what just happened to him. Oh no he was WIDE awake.

However he wondered if his eyes were showing that he was a bit tired. So after that brief inspection Mitsuhide looked down to the letters skimming their crudely drawn contents, at least they were coffee stained like the letter given to them was, and his eye started to twitch and his mouth curved in a very annoyed smile. He started chuckling as he went over to the tree and put his hand on it. "Of all the....this guy..bahahahahhaha...." Mitsuhide started before laughing and kicking the ground in anger once more. However he went over to the nearby tree and placed his hand on it and sent his chakra into the tree. "Well guys I found why we're here there's a secret tunnel underneath this tree...and the only way to get into it is using a password. The password is on the back of the papers given to us each with a key word and you would never guess where he hid it. In fact you're going to LOVE what the password is! Cats hate water." Mitsuhide said with pure distaste for the sentence as suddenly a hole opened up in the ground. At this point it was what Mitsuhide was expecting honestly. "Well this looks like it is in no way shape or form a trap." Mitsuhide said laughing in a very forced way. "You know what I hate? I hate obvious traps...let's spring it..." Mitsuhide said as he gave up any hope of listening to his teammates and or common sense and jumped down the hole in the ground himself. It took him a good minute or two to reach a very small cavern like cave area. It was small enough that Mitsuhide noticed he'd have to watch his head even though he was a kid. What the hell was this hole for!? Whatever..."Good news everyone I'm not dead! AND there is no traps either can you believe it? I can't!" Mitsuhide called up. "Oh and there's a torch down here I need Neji to blow some fire on it so we can see down here. Also if you can use your byakugan to help us see deeper into the tunnel lady that's be appreciated. My parents worked with members of the branch part of your family and told me stories of what your clan can do." Mitsuhide added in as he kicked some stale water to the side of the tunnels.

Hmm.... such vulgarities. Is the other clans that disrespectful? Do they have no manners at all? To top it all off, that Uchiha person didn't even say anything, with not even a hi or a simple wave of the hand.

"You know what I hate? I hate obvious traps...let's spring it..."

"Eh? Wait... that place could be..." Too late, Mitsuhide had already jumped into the hole. She sighed. A brash move. So he was that kind of person?

"Good news everyone I'm not dead! AND there is no traps either can you believe it? I can't!"

She wished sincerely that he had, just so she could get transferred to a more competent group. Sighing, she jumped into the hole, being careful not to bump or scratch the swords on her back.

"Oh and there's a torch down here I need Neji to blow some fire on it so we can see down here. Also if you can use your byakugan to help us see deeper into the tunnel lady that's be appreciated. My parents worked with members of the branch part of your family and told me stories of what your clan can do."

"Fine. Let's get this over with." Perhaps when they actually get to meet their sensei, things would take a turn for the better. With a single hand sign, she activated Byakugan, and looked ahead. She was still limited with its range however; she can see only about 50 meters far for now. "You two go first."

Neji looked as this girl came walking up to them with a letter. Neji was confused as he couldn't believe that his cousin the great Sahoru was taking this long. Probably his ego got him in trouble and about time Neji thought. He then read the letter as it turns out that this Hyuga girl is the actual third member of the team and Sahoru was on a different team. Neji was happy and a little upset at the same time, he was happy because now he wouldn't have to deal with his cousin and his superiority complex all the time, but he also knew with his cousin in the group it would make Neji push him self harder. It didn't matter though Neji would still work hard to achieve his dreams.

"You know what I hate? I hate obvious traps...let's spring it..."

Neji's head turned quickly towards Mitsuhide. "Wait Mitsuhide no don't!" To late he already had opened the tunnel and jumped down. Neji ran over to the edge of it and looked down. He activated his sharnigan just in case.

"Good news everyone I'm not dead! AND there is no traps either can you believe it? I can't!"

Neji sighed a little. He had never seen Mitsuhide do something so reckless even at the academy he was always cautious. Neji jumped down into the tunnel and followed Mitsuhide.

"Oh and there's a torch down here I need Neji to blow some fire on it so we can see down here. Also if you can use your byakugan to help us see deeper into the tunnel lady that's be appreciated. My parents worked with members of the branch part of your family and told me stories of what your clan can do."

Neji with his sharnigan activated followed Mitsuhide into the tunnel. He looked at the torch Mitsuhide held. "Yea sure I can do that." Neji made hand signs, with these hand signs he called out. "Fireball jutsu." And with that used a fireball to light the torch. He used a weak fireball jutsu as to make sure he did not hurt anyone. Neji handed the torch to Mitsuhide who was leading the group. He then turned to look at the hyuga girl. "I'm sorry I know Mitsuhide introduced me but I want to formally introduce my self. My name is Neji Uchiha it is nice to meet you."

Mitsuhide cringed a little as the wood started to burn, "Alright now with that said let's...let's get a move on." Mitsuhide said heavily as he looked at the fire which to him was one of the reasons he disliked the Uchiha. Fire burned wood. And he was the second of two known users of the wood style arts so naturally what burned wood he naturally disliked on a great level. Regardless of Mitsuhide's irrational dislikes. Mitsuhide looked around and grumbled as the fact that there was only so far this young girl could see. Whatever it was better than nothing! Suddenly the hollowed walls around them came broke after some small paper bombs exploded. They must've reacted to the chakra used by Neji! God damn it! Despite the smoking ruin it left behind by the walls near them coming down there was apparently still supports strong enough to keep the wall from crumbling down around them but still the crumbling of walls caused a small amount of dust to fly around them. "Well that was god damn scary! But...why was this trap placed here with little effect?" Mitsuhide wondered aloud as he walked into the tunnel and shielded his eyes from a small cloud of dust that still was brimming around the area as he bent down and crawled through the threshold to the newest area. He rubbed his eyes a bit to adjust to get rid of some dust in them. He bit his lip and looked around and smiled as there were torches all the way down the hall. It actually had leg room now too! Mitsuhide stretched his armed and rolled his shoulders around in circles to lessen the stiffness in them after having to squeeze through the small hole. "Alright now we're almost done this guys let's get moving" Mitsuhide said as he waited for the two teammates to follow him as the last one came through he nodded at them as Mitsuhide walked forward two steps foward and tripped a trip wire as suddenly the hole that they entered from collapsed from some sort of explosive tag trap and not to far off a sudden thud was clearly heard. "Oh come on what now!?" Mitsuhide shouted almost comedically if it was not for the fact that there was boulder coming down towards them rolling at a very fast rate. "Uhhhh....guys....WHAT NOW!?" Mitsuhide shouted his eyes going wide but he didn't back up because there was no way out!

She waited for the others to go in first, scanning the area for anything that might seem dangerous. Without a doubt the worst dangers would come from their back, so with her behind, they should not be ambushed so easily. Tsubame didn't really react much to Neji's delayed introduction except with a nod of the head.

Just a beat after she had thought that, the tunnel behind exploded, collapsing in a shower of dirt. Well that was one way they weren't going through. How did she miss those explosives? That must have been some high level skill in camouflage, to be able to hide them from her admittedly limited sight.

"Well that was god damn scary! But...why was this trap placed here with little effect?"

It was most likely so that they would have no second thoughts about going back, and push forwards. At least, that's what she would have thought.

After the Uchiha and Senju crawled through the small crawl space, she followed suit, dusting herself off. There was no way she was going to go first and let someone see up her skirt after all. A very brightly lit corridor awaited them, which was rather strange. Did the sensei just make all this himself? Just for an exam? It was quite.... elaborate for one, since what was commonly done was a sparring test or something simple like that.

There was something she did see however, a trip wire linked to some sort of trap.

"Mitsuhide wait."

It was too late, as once again the boy tripped over the wire. He really must learn to watch his surroundings. One does not need byakugan to do that at the very least. Another explosion sounded, as aloud thud and rumble started a bit further away from them.

"Uhhhh....guys....WHAT NOW!?"

It was a huge boulder rolling towards them, like something out of an archeologist movie. It wasn't that effective really, and it would be really easy to evade if one just roll to the corner where there was space between the boulder and the wall. But this one....

"Its an illusion."

It was not worth worrying about. What was worrying however was the sensei was still keeping himself hidden in the corridor.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What are you talking about!? That's clearly a-" Mitsuhide said as the Hyuga girl walked forward and past right through the boulder. "Son of a bitch...of course genjutsu...but how that's the question." Mitsuhide grumbled as he took a huge breath of the dusty air around him despite the coughing it produced afterward he was holding his breath since the boulder came down. Mitsuhide grumbled beneath his breath. This time Mitsuhide let the Hyuga girl lead the way as they continued on. The path which they followed was led by a long row of torches lit strangely low on the ground. Eventually they came upon a door and on it was a note nailed into the top part of it. Also there was a hole oddly carved out on the bottom of it. Mitsuhide walked up to the note and pulled it off using his kunai to cut around the crudely hammered in nail. As he turned around he read it by the torch light. "Don't believe everything you see." it said... most likely a comment about the genjutsu boulder...funny sensei really funny. At least he assumed it was from his sensei because it was in his hand writing. "Well to I'd like to punch our sensei on the nose with a chunk of metal after that stunt. Then we'd see who's going to need to watch what..." Mitsuhide commented to the group absent minded as he looked at the door. However there was also another note Mitsuhide had not noticed stuck in the door's crack. It was less crudely written than the other notes and actually had somewhat proper handwriting. Mitsuhide wondered if this was the end of their little trek. "Good job making it so far fellas! Sorry about the rock trap but hey it caught you off guard didn't it? Now...now go through the door and remember to bring me back a souvenir..." Mitsuhide said somewhat skeptically as he read the note and frowned deeply. "This is a trap it has to be...well next step is to spring the trap..." Mitsuhide said as he impulsively walked over and kicked the door open to reveal a rather large and spacious room with cat statues lining the walls and in the middle leaning down...was a rather large cat who looked back at them. "Well then that's one big cat..." Mitsuhide said as suddenly the cat apparently woke up and turned around with quite the angry expression..."What the heck?! Who are you and what are you doing down here!?" the cat demanded which made Mitsuhide question his sanity..."A talking cat? Well then...that is new!" Mitsuhide said clearly having given up on trying to make sense of this situation. That only made the cat angrier, "WHAT!? OF COURSE I TALK I'M THE CAT CRIME LORD NEKOJIMA! HOW DARE PUNY NINJA GENIN INVADE MY SANCTUM PREPARE TO FIGHT!" The cat growled angrily as it charged them with Mitsuhide grinning at this point at least this was something he knew how to do right. "Bring it cat!" Mitsuhide said as suddenly he formed a couple of hand signs and then he reached behind him and a long branch of wood came out of his shoulder and held it out with his right hand and hold it like a sword. However unlike most sticks Mitsuhide's wood style allowed him to transform this sword into a razor sharp point object. He hadn't fully mastered it's use but it was something to be reckoned with in Mitsuhide's opinion. "Wood Release: Cutting Sabers of Wood!" Mitsuhide called out which followed with him charging at the cat after forming one more jutsu. "Wood Release: Threefolded Wood Shield!" Mitsuhide said as the wood started forming a small shield on his other arm. Mitsuhide didn't move just yet but he was intending on impaling the thing and moving on!
===
Nekojima is based off of:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Nekomata

Status
Not open for further replies.