• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, the mall isn't a place I picture you being in your free time.

Why he was following her was beyond her logic at the moment, yesterday she thought he was going to glare her into mush, and now he had this alluring little smirk on his face - one that held her attention, if only for a moment. She slowed her pace, huffing her answer, "It's not. I'd much rather be indulging in a satanic ritual."

She was stone cold for a moment, before offering him a half grin like Emmett himself would, mischievous in all aspects, "I'm a chaperone for my sister and her tween clique," She seemed to say it with the utmost chagrin. "What about you? What's a Cullen heart throb doing at a lowly shopping mall like this one?" Course that was all exaggerated, but if he was going to ask, so was she.

Emmett

"See? She didn't mind," Emmett murmured defensively, to which both of his sisters just scoffed.

"It's not weird - it's really not for girls - "

Take it back!

" - N-Not that you couldn't play it, you totally could, but I um... It can get physical," He attempted to sew up that near mistake, grinning at her widely, without looking he swerved out of the way of two oncoming cars and then turned into the parking lot, causing both of his sisters to sigh at his personal negligence.

Eyes on the road, Romeo. And whatever means she doesn't like your choices, Alice says she sees you two sharing a churro.

"W - Well, maybe we'll just start off with something to eat, yeah? My treat," He offered lamely, still smiling though he was starting to understand why this human thing was unappealing - he sucked at it. He swerved into the complex and parked far away from the other two Cullen vehicles, appearing by her passenger door almost immediately and opening it with attempts to be a gentlemen, hand extended for her balance.

Edward

Raising his eyebrows, Edward smirked a little at her and shook his head slightly. "You know, despite being a heart throb I do need to do shopping, as well. I don't have slaves who buy my clothes, or food." Well, Alice bought most of their clothes, and he didn't eat.. not normal human food, anyway, but he needed to act as if he was a normal human, so he was.

"So, chaperoning your sister," he glanced around a little, before his golden eyes went back to hers. "I may be old fashioned, but aren't you supposed to keep an eye on her?"

Grace

"Well, it may get physical, but I could still probably kick your ass." She challenged, looking over at him with an eyebrow raised, a small smirk playing on her lips before she looked out the window again, watching him from the corner of her eyes. She still couldn't get over the fact that the two were on a date, girls are school would hate her for this, then again, she really didn't care.

"I could eat," She responded with a small nod, looking over at him with a small smile. She hand't eaten yet today, so food would probably be a good thing. When he opened her door for her, and help out his hand, she smiled a little and placed her small hand in his. It was cold, not the weather, but the touch of his hand. Was he cold? Even she didn't think it was that cold, not cold enough for her hands to be freezing cold like his were.

"You're hands are freezing, maybe you should wear gloves."​

R A E

"Is that so? With a fan club your size, all of forks high school, I would've thought at least a slave or two was befitting." The light hearted banter came a little too naturally, though Rae wondered if it was really just his and her way of evading potential questioning, like why do you sparkle and why do you see my future.

That's what cell phones are for," Rae answered lamely, there's no way I'm running around with a bunch of kids infected by youtube, "Not old fashioned, I think you're right, but she's in that independent tween stage, mom says she has to experiment." She was sort of leading their walk to no where, ignoring the fact that, unlike everyone else, he had no warmth emanating from his body as they walked somewhat close, side by side. Though found herself thrilled upon a spontaneous turn that led them right into the food court. Glass windows made up half the wall, but were nothing but a lens into the storm brewing outside, coating in rain drops and shrouded in grey. The court itself was a little empty for a Saturday, likely due to the rain - it meant the energy died down immensely, and for that Rae was grateful. "I don't think the suns popping out anytime soon, can you sit with this commoner or would that shame your rep?" She joked, treading lightly on what she said, voice like a whisper. Then she walked off without waiting for an answer, immediately getting in line at Jamba Juice.

Edward? We're here. Where are you? Came Alice's voice, confused that she couldn't see her brother, at all. She paused, are you with that girl again??

E M M E T T

You're hands are freezing, maybe you should wear gloves.

Strike one, Emmy.

He eyed her for a moment, and there was a hint of sadness in those brown orbs of his, before he retracted his hand from hers and tucked both into his front pockets. Damn, he thought, nodding along with what she said, in a way she was dead on, but not for the reason she thought. Blinking as the rain drops splattered across his cheek bones, he responded casually, "I'm uh, anemic. Makes my hands cold, and it's why I look a little more pale than the usual Forks resident. Just unlucky." His managed to put a slightly less enthusiastic smile on his face, ignoring his blonde sibling's cackling from across the lot and remarks about what an awful cover up that was.

Screw you, Rose, I'm not a doctor. He murmured, and pulled a brand new umbrella that was practically doomed to a life of uselessness in the vampire's trunk, except for today. He popped it open and held it above their heads, mostly hers considering the rain didn't phase him at all.

Edward

Edward rolled his eyes as he watched her walk off to Jamba Juice, before the golden eyed man went and sat down at the spot she had instructed.

Does it matter? I'm still keeping an eye on Em.

From this angle, he could see Em and Grace in the parking lot, and he could also read both their minds. He knew Emmett had to be careful, Grace was smarter than most, and she was sure to catch on to their little secret if they weren't careful. At the same time, he knew his brother, and he wouldn't give anything away on purpose, at least he hoped.

Grace

Grace frowned a little, and though he had given her an explanation she didn't quiet believe it. There was something else in his eyes, something that he was hiding, a secret that she needed to figure out. She would, given time, but right now she just wanted to enjoy her day with Emmett, and she wanted to have fun, something she didn't get often.

"So, Emmett, why don't you tell me about yourself? I hardly know anything, besides you have a family." She said with a small laugh, looking up at him with a smile on her face.

Unbeknownst to her, a red-eyed vampire had been following her to the mall, discreetly, only watching.​

Rae eventually returned to the table, quirking a brow at the Cullen who was still with her, which honestly made no sense. She didn't mind the company, though. Taking a seat across from him, she set down the drinks she'd ordered, crossing one long leg over the other. "Two pineapple coconut blends, don't tell me you're allergic."

She played with the straw a little bit, pulling up a chair to prop her boots up on. Rae was watching his golden eyes, of which were immensely focused. He was quite the enigma - as much as she tried not to acknowledge her interest in that aspect of him, he'd piqued it since the cafeteria yesterday. "So," She took a long sip of her smoothie, "I had my second vision of you today, wonder what that means?"

- (On mobile, can't divide properly, lol)

Here we go.

Emitting a slight growl, he trekked onto the mall beside Grace, absorbing her question and attempting to think up the best approach. He never put quite as much thought (or neurotic worry, in his opinion) into the theoretical possibilities that came with the Cullen lifestyle, like answering a prying humans questions. He didn't want to lie to her if he could help it, then this really would be as big a waste of time as Rose made it seem to be.

"I like baseball," He told her, maintaining her pace as they approached the mall. "My family and I play it whenever my dad's not too busy at the hospital," He could hear the sneers of his sisters and sighed a little. "I hate English, I only show up for class 'cause you're in there." Bam, two truths. He could manage.

Edward

"I would like to know-" Edward said, taking a sip of his smoothie, almost wanting to puke at the taste. Human food, it wasn't what he enjoyed. Act human, take a few sips and she wouldn't notice a thing.. or so he hoped. At least, not one else did, for that matter. "Why you're having visions about me in the first place." He finished, his eyes never leaving hers.

There was a reason, wasn't there? This girl saw something that even Alice hadn't, and that was enough to peak his curiosity, and anyone else's for that matter. There was still that lingering question of if she knew what he was or not, then again, she did get him human food, so maybe she didn't.

Grace

Grace smiled a little at him, listening intently to what he said. Her cheek flushed at his comment, and she turned her head away and bit down on her lip, laughing just a little. "Well, unlike you I actually like English, although you being in that class does make it a little better." She said with a smile, before the two walked inside, and her eyes looked around a little; an uneasy feeling washing over her.

"Food court is that way, I think." She said, pointing towards the left before she began to walk in the direction, ignoring the feeling. "Besides baseball, what else do you like to do?"​

Rae

"Well, I'd like to know," She leaned forward, arms folded on the table's surface, caramel locks falling and brushing along the counter top, "Why your skin does that glisten thing. Seems like we both might end up a little dissatisfied."

When he didn't loosen up, golden orbs boring into hers, she clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth. "Quit worrying, I'm on your side. Have to be, since you're apparently all I can think about," She said it was sass.

Emmett

Emmett had managed to tune his sisters out, much to their dismay, and instead focused on the melodic hum of the delicate creature beside him. He felt no blood list, no uncontrollable surges, no animalistic instincts - he always did have control over himself, but it was almost like he was a normal guy with a cute girl, just chilling at the mall. Which was a scenario he would've mocked tirelessly - until now, when he's realized how fulfilling some attention from a person who's name wasn't Cullen, could be.

Oblivious to her bit of discomfort, he kept on beside her - he was acutely aware of his brothers presence the moment they neared the court, however, and cursed to himself, why are you over here? Get lost, Ed!

The words rang in his ears, and Edward glanced around a little and he knew his brother and Grace were coming, so he smirked softly and looked back to Rae. "Well, you and almost every other girl." He said, before the bronze haired man came to a stand, the drink in his hand as he did.

"Shall we go somewhere else?" He asked, though he didn't really wait for her to follow, he knew she would follow him. Well, at least he hoped she would.

---

Grace looked up at him and raised an eyebrow at him, before she looked away as they walked to the door court. He was odd, and yet, she liked odd. "I'm going to wait in line." She gave him a smile before she went to go wait in one of the lines, after taking a minute to decide what looked good. The small girl stood in the line and rocked on her feet as she did, her eyes wandering around the mall.

There was something about Emmett she couldn't ignore. Something inside her told her everything about him was wrong, and she needed to run away. She never really listened to herself, anyway, he was too intriguing to her.

R A E

"Oh, don't even group me with them," Scoffed the brunette, doe eyes widening as he suggested they leave the court. She wanted to ask why, but he wasn't waiting for her, and although her pride beckoned she stay behind and never follow, she did just the opposite. Pushing away from her seat and joining his side, she huffed, turned around and pressing a hand just barely to his chest, about to tell him that she wanted to go to the pet shop - when she saw Edward, but in a completely different lifetime. The way it played through her mind she picked up an older era vibe, maybe early nineteen hundreds - he was still young, but his eyes didn't hold the golden hue or the maturity that they did now. And he wasn't so pale, then. Setting seemed relevant to Chicago. It flickered through her mind cinematic like, and then vanished, however now it was a memory.

She blinked when finally coming back to the moment, caramel orbs flickering to his before falling to the floor. "Wanna explain that one?" Turning on her heels, she started heading straight for the pet shop, hands tucked in her back pockets, brain entirely wrapped up what she might have seen as his past life, or whoever he really is. The scene didn't scare her, in fact she found it enticing - oddly enough though, she still wasn't that concerned with him, now she was wondering what in the world had caused her to see so much the last two days. What am I going to see next? Why's it always him? I don't even know him!

E M M E T T

I'm going to wait in line.

"O-Oh, sorry Grace, I thought I saw someone I knew," He caught up with her right away, and then started racking his brain to touch on something he knew she asked him before he started focusing on getting Edward out of there. Lips pursed, he shoved his hands back in his pockets, standing beside her - comically larger in size, though he found her fragility adorable now that he had the clearer mind to better observe her.

She asked what else you like to do, other than baseball.

"Um, back to your earlier question - "

Edward! Did she have another vision? What'd she see? Came Alice's chipper voice, spitting out questions like her life depended on the answers. Was she referring to that girl that saw Edward yesterday? Was she here? Is that why he's fumbling around in this building, risking his date?

Don't lose your train of thought, you big lug. Rose sneered.

" - My sister Rose and I work on cars, all the time, I'm almost always in the garage if I'm not being active," Yet another truth, which made him feel a little more comfortable, even with two of his siblings riled up over another human. If she even was one, he had to wonder. "We go camping almost every other weekend, too - "

Too much, shift the attention.

"And you?" He asked her, and then mentally sighed for following Rose's instructions. Maybe he was talking too much, but he wanted privacy, he definitely wasn't getting to be himself like this.

(On mobile, sorry haha.)

Edward paused when the images flashed through her mind, and his golden eyes looked over at her as he watched with her, his brow furrowing slightly. Why was she having visions about him, let alone about his life before he was changed? Whens he was by his side again, he looked down at her, his eyes almost boring into her. "Why are you having these visions about me?" He asked, as he kept his pace slow and normal, completely avoiding anything that his siblings were saying. He didn't have the answers to the questions they were asking.

"There has to be a reason, unless you just go around having visions about everyone you talk to." A small smirk played on his lips.

----

Grace looked over at Emmett as he appeared, giving him a small smile, though it was more forced than anything. While she was more than excited to be out with him, he seemed distracted; and she simply wasn't really have a good time, though she hoped it would get better. He just seemed like he wasn't the same person he was when they shared the class together, it felt as if he was being told what to say or do.

"Cars are cool." She said softly, before scrunching her nose up a little. That was a lie, she didn't know anything about cars, but it was almost as if she was talking to carry on the conversation. "Well, that was a lie. I don't know anything about cars." She said with a small chuckle, before she stepped forward in line, tucking some of her dark hair behind her ear.

Honestly, she thought this would be different.

"I uh," She shrugged a little. "I really like to draw and paint." She said, but didn't go into much after that.

(Np!)

Shaking her head in response to his comment, the brunette approached the pet store, stepping inside, relieved to find it was practically void of people, though every corner had some sort of creature in it. "I never have visions, period. Maybe we're linked?" She bent down, lifting one of many kittens from a crate, and cradling it in her arms. Pressing her lips together, Rae continued, "I think there's a lot you haven't told me. And I'm not going to be able to give you the answers you're dying for, until you tell me what significance the year of 1901 has, or what's with your skin, or why you don't have the same warmth everyone else does."

"Or don't, I'll probably just figure out your autobiography in a dream tonight," She huffed, clearly not enthused by the idea. "Believe me, if it wasn't for the fact I'm officially linked with you somehow, I wouldn't care," Which wasn't entirely true, Rae loved the challenge, but there was something about Edward that almost made her feel bad for asking. Considering they'd been running into each other all day, however, she figured things weren't just going to die down. They had to compromise.

-

She's boring, just let it go and we'll go home like this never happened.

Shh! Rose! Don't discourage him!

"Enough. Neither of you are helping - you know what? Why don't you just go home? I'm obviously not going to hurt her, and you're in my head too much. Just shut up," With that he managed a small smile to the girl beside him, wishing things weren't the way they were. He couldn't pick up on her boredom like the other's could, but there's no way anyone would enjoy hanging out with a drone.

"Before I got here, my siblings coached me on first date regulations and I've just been really stiff about it - I'm sorry, Grace. Do you wanna go try laser tag? I swear you won't regret it, even if we eat all the churros this place has to offer," That was best attempt to show he wasn't just a pretty boy without a personality. It was hard, being alive as long as he was - as ostracized, surrounded by neurotic worriers and damned if he gets close to a human what with his insatiable hunger and immortality as risks. But he'd try, for her - he might not get another shot. he had forgotten what Alice's vision implied, however, and was more wrapped up in trying to be human than remembering therewas something very not human watching them.

Edward sighed softly as he watched her, before he glanced around the store while pursing his lips. He knew she was going to find out, but he wasn't going to tell her exactly. He couldn't, his siblings were going to kill him if he did that. So, of course, Edward was going to have to wait until she knew the full truth of it, which if what she was was true, wasn't going to be long.

"I can't say." He said, his brow furrowing slightly as he watched her closely. "It's... complicated, more so than you think."

--

Grace looked up and over at Emmett, a small smile forming on her lips. A genuine smile. "Laser tag sounds like a blast." She said with a grin, rocking on her feet excitedly. She had never played a game of laser tag, she never really got the option. "I think it's.. that way, but I could be wrong." She said with a small laugh, walking away from the line and in the direction of the laser tag place.

Maybe this would work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.