Mysteries of Membuka

Aideen was quiet a moment. Her head slowly cocked to one side and she gazed towards him. There was a curious sparkle in her hazel eyes - as intriguing as the thought was, however, she knew that it was probably devastating for him, probably scarring. She remained quiet as she thought about this, slowly inhaling as she thought out her words carefully.

"So if you just reached out and touched my arm right now," she said, speaking slowly to make it clear that she was making an attempt at clarifying her understanding, "you would have a vision of my death? Like, when and how and where I will die?"

Elias chose not to look at Aideen as he nodded. "I'd see it happen as if it were happening right now," he said softly, "...I saw it with my parents...I don't know the when, sometimes not even the how, but I saw the signs with them and I...I saved myself. There was no way to save them."

Elias simply couldn't bring himself to beg Aideen not to make him witness her death. If she so wished to, he couldn't stop her from touching him. However, something told him her death wasn't anything pleasant, if you could ever call any kind of death pleasant.

Aideen was quiet as she looked at him, listening patiently. She gave him the slightest of nods at his words. Her first instinct would be to reach out and lay her hand on top of his, but she knew better and refrained from doing so. She nodded slightly.

"Then obviously I won't be upset if you're never willing to shake my hand or hug me or anything," she said to him in a soft voice. "I'm sorry to hear about that with your parents, though. Obviously I get it, you don't want that to happen with anyone else, knowing what's going to happen and not being able to stop it. That would really, really suck..." Her voice trailed off as she thought about what would have happened if she had known about her dad's death. Would it have been preventable? Probably not...

"I'm sorry," Elias said softly, staring down at his slice of cake, spinning his fork around with his fingers. Ever since he'd seen Aideen, the only thing Elias had wanted to do was to take her hand in his own, kiss her cheek, hug her, anything! It was all on him, now, and he couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't bring himself to reach for her hand. He didn't want to see her die.

This was his new home, at least for now. Trias gave a heavy sigh as he once again shifted the vase from the left to the right and touched the luscious purple flowers one last time before forcing himself to step outside and lock the door behind him. He touched the door and became lost in thought for a moment. Dreams often held many adventures and places of interest. However none of them included a house, no a home, that was his own.

Following the path that lead from his house he took to the streets. Today he is dressed in blue pants the legs tucked into black leather boots. Trias wears a flouncy purple shirt and belt to tie the outfit together. No need for a backpack today, though he carries a large book and a small lute dangles from his side. Checking his pouch Trias confirmed that this hundred was the last of his gold pieces. It was time to get another job.

Passing the tavern he took note of the location. It would be a better place to return to once night was in full swing. For now he would simply see the town, perhaps a local could show him around. Smoke was rising from up ahead, no doubt from some vendors that were selling cooked foods. The metal in his coin pouch jingled as he walked. With the sun beating down, Trias was starting to think he should not have left his hat at home.

((OOC: Unlocked Tavern, Town Square, Library, Theatre, Blacksmith))

Rosalyn got up from the fountain's ledge and dried her wet hand on her sleeve. She watched the people about her for another moment before turning towards the bustling Marketplace. The small sparrow took the skies sending out a small chirp before disappearing behind the rooftops. Roz watched in passing, but returned her focus back to what was up ahead.

Keeping her pace casual, she took to passively braiding her loose hair. Having been through the market for years, she scarcely needed to pay much attention before reaching the stall she wanted. The elderly woman behind the stall smiled and greeted her warmly. "My, it's been too long since I've seen you up and about Miss Rosa."

Roz smiled back, "I suppose it has. How's business, Mrs. Abbott?"

"How many times have I told you to call me, Ghita!" The woman teased. "Oh, nevermind you. I know you're try'n ta keep proper. Business is business as always. It keeps coin in our purses and lets me put a smile on your face." Ghita winked at Roz. "Where's your mother?"

"She's away visiting. Her friend, Mrs. Morris invited her over along with Trias and Hugh." Roz explained, letting her eyes drift down to the wares spread across the stall's table-top. The Abbott's had gained a decent amount of notoriety in town for their hard to find plants and greenery. Rosalyn often enjoyed picking up some new seeds to plant in her family's garden, and enjoyed conversing with Miss Abbott as well.

"Ooh, and with your father still away. My! You're all alone now aren't you?"

Rosalyn nodded lightly, her hand picking up a small pack of seeds lightly.

"That won't do! How long?"

"About a month."

Ghita's mouth dropped in disbelief. "They've all left you unattended for that long?"

"Well...I reasoned with Mama that Papa couldn't possibly be away that much longer...He's usually so expedient with his craft." Roz explained, but a sly smirk slide across her lips. Ghita reached over and playfully pinched at the younger woman.

"You bad thing, you! I know you Miss Rosalyn. Don't be getting into trouble now!"

Roz gave her friend a 'oh come now' sort of look. "Well, Miss Morris is out now...so it seems Mrs. Morris intends to...limit the competition. So I couldn't have possibly gone with them, you see."

Mrs. Abbott grinned and shook her head. "I see. Well, you'll have to come by for supper! And your Mother can't turn me down now. It'll be our little secret!"

Roz beamed. "I'd be delighted Mrs. Abbott!"

"Good! Let's say...oh, mid-week next week?"

Roz nodded, and handed the seed pack to the elderly woman. Ghita took it and set it in a small basket containing a small burlap bag filled and tied off with a tag that read 'Soil'. "Oh! How much is that?" Roz asked, pointing towards a potted white peonies shrub. Ghita looked back at the plant, a light expression of surprise.

"Hmm...well, for you sweet-one, I'd happily part with it for 15 pieces."

"Alright..." Roz started fishing out her coin purse and drew out the requested amount, "and how much for the seeds?"

Ghita held out her hand for the gold, putting it away, before bundling the small basket, adding in a couple of extra packs and tying a sheer covering over it. She handed it to the young woman along with the peonies shrub. "Just make sure it gets plenty of sunlight."

Rosalyn smiled thankfully and took her purchase. "I will. Thanks Mrs. Abbott. I'm looking forward to our dinner next week!" She waved with the wrapped basket in her hand and headed back down the road.

((OOC: Unlocked the bakery. Her gold amount is now 85.))

((Both updated!))

Aideen smiled sadly over at him, her hazel eyes sincere and full of kindness. She felt bad for Elias - who knew what was running through his mind? Did he want to touch her in any way, or had he lost the desire for human contact altogether? Was he angry or upset about this right now? If he did touch her, if he did see her death, then how would he react? With anger? With sadness? Would he leave? He couldn't go, she didn't want him to. But if he just couldn't be around her after seeing it, how would she stop him? Could she? It was frustrating, not knowing what was going to happen. Should she suggest that he go ahead so they get it over with, or try to not let it happen?

"Elias, don't be sorry," she said to him in a soft voice. "It's not your fault. It's not your fault at all. It really sucks, I know, but it's not like you chose this for yourself. It's just the cards that life has dealt you and you have to play them the best you can without hurting yourself or anyone else - and believe me, refusing to touch me in any way so you don't have to watch me die isn't going to hurt me in any way."

"Aideen," Elias said softly, "whatever happens is only going to hurt me. The Fates have been cruel to me, leading me to people I can't abandon, people I can't help but care about..."

Perhaps even love, he added silently.

Last edited by a moderator:
The street opened up into a wonderful town square with many shops and stands close by. It reminded him of some of the other towns he had visited with a large fountain full of water and plenty of places to sit and enjoy the day. With the sun shining like there were people all around. His eyes fell to a group of children playing, well more like two groups. Most of the boys had wooden swords and pretend fighting while almost all of the girls sat in a circle playing with dolls.

One of the boys started chasing a little girl, both seemed to be about five or six, sword in hand. It was strange just how different places were outside of Viaren. Trias quickly intervened, snatching the boy's sword from him and tossing it into the fountain. Once the wood was wet it would take some time for it to dry. The boy put up quite a fit though Trias ignored him. Kneeling down he smiled at the girl, "May you grow up strong. Stand tall and strive for greatness." She grinned happily in return. He stood and walked away, looking back to the little miss as he continued on towards the marketplace. "Kids would be a real handful..."

((OOC: Unlocked school, marketplace, swimming pond))

((Updated!))

Aideen was quiet for a moment, thinking as she gazed towards Elias. There was a part of her that didn't fully understand what his concerns were. She knew that one day, she would die. She also knew that one day, Elias would die. She didn't know how or when - for all she knew, either of them could die tomorrow. All that meant was that she had to cherish their time together because she had a funny feeling that she was falling for him. With Elias being able to know, what difference did it make? He saw it happen, of course, so that would obviously be scarring, but didn't it just mean the same thing?

"Elias," she said, speaking slowly and choosing her words carefully, "death is a fact of life. It happens to everyone except immortals. I know already that one day, for example, I'm going to die - and so do you. It doesn't really matter how or when, what matters is that it will happen, and knowing how and when it happens doesn't change the way we should see one another, nor does it change the way we should interact. If anything, it removes the shock factor...but I don't feel that it changes anything. You should still be able to have relationships and friendships like anyone else - if anything, it's people without your ability who should be wary and cautious because when it happens, it will be sudden and surprising and painful for us..."

Elias looked over at Aideen, surprised at her words. She had a point, a good one. He'd seen so many deaths in his life, but had he not, he never would have understood the value of life or even stopped to help those in need. Perhaps his visions were a gift in a way.

"You are wise beyond your years, Aideen," Elias said softly. Somewhat reluctantly, he laid his arm out on the table, offering his hand to Aideen.

"Your choice," he continued, "I'll tell you what I see."

Aideen was quiet, gazing towards his arm. She bit her lip nervously, unsure what she should do. What if she was meant to die tomorrow? She hoped not - in her mind, she always died peacefully, surrounded by her children and grandchildren. Perhaps that was all that he would see - an elderly fairy with withering wings passing away because it's finally her time. She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes, and then nodded.

"Let's do this," she said in a soft voice. Gently, delicately, she laid her small hand in his, opening her hazel eyes to watch him and make sure he was okay.

(ooc: I start out in the village right so how do I earn my quest?)

Elias winced as she made contact, closing his eyes as the vision came to him.

Aideen collapsed into his arms and he gently lowered her to the floor.
"Aideen," Elias said, brushing her bright orange hair from her face. She had grown old, but not as old as he would have wished.
"Elias," Aideen managed, "the apple...someone planned this..."
The light faded from her eyes then, and Elias was left alone, cradling Aideen's lifeless body in his arms.

When he returned to himself, Elias jolted away from Aideen's hand, standing from his chair so quickly that it scraped against the floor with an unholy screech and nearly toppled over. There were tears in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall in front of Aideen. He had to be strong.

((You start out in your home and simply complete the tasks listed to unlock certain areas. You currently have access to your home and the streets of town, and you can visit any locations you have unlocked/have access to. OOC messages that don't contain any IC content need to be posted in the OOC thread only please :) ))

Aideen's hazel eyes went wide as she saw Elias's reaction, jumping slightly as he stood. She gazed up at him, able to see the tears in his eyes, wanting nothing more than to go quickly and hug him.

"Elias?" she asked softly, frowning. Apparently it hadn't been pretty, but she was more concerned about him than she was with hearing about her own death. "Elias, are you okay?"

Alanna walks the street of the village seeing a girl her age with a small gold ring on her finger with a man beside her 'shame , why must the girls be forced to marry' she thought the girl was small and fair skin with brunett hair . The man who could have been eighteen was tall , and only slightly darker than the girl with dark hair. " I won't be that girl" she promised to herself in a whisper

"I...yeah," Elias managed, running a hand through his hair, "I will be..."

How could he possibly explain to Aideen that she would be murdered?

Aideen stood up and moved towards him, tentatively holding up one hand to offer to him as comfort. She could see how flustered and upset he was, and she gazed quietly up at him, biting her lip.

"That bad?" she asked him softly, tilting her head slightly.

Elias didn't answer as he pulled Aideen close, burying his face in her hair. He forced the vision away this time. He didn't want to see it again. It was already burned into his memory, and he was grateful that he at least had an option to push it away once he'd seen it. He couldn't go through that again.

Aideen smelled warm, like a fire, and sweet, like the cake they had both abandoned. Elias couldn't help but think about the vision. He and Aideen had been together in the vision. They were older, but not too old. Were they married? Did they have a family?

Aideen was surprised as he pulled her to him, and she wrapped her arms comfortingly around him. She let one hand run up and down his back in a gentle rubbing motion, trying to comfort him and put him at ease. She closed her eyes and lay her head on his shoulder. She had just met him a couple hours earlier, but she felt strangely at ease with him holding her like this. She remained quiet, letting him hold her and draw out whatever comfort he needed from doing so. She didn't want to push him to tell her, especially not if he didn't want to.