Mysteries of Membuka

Elias held her for a while longer before letting out a shuddering sigh as he loosened his grip. He didn't move his arms, though, keeping them around Aideen.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, "I just...Aideen, I saw you die in my arms."

Aideen gazed up at him questioningly, pulling back just enough to look into his eyes without breaking the embrace.

"You see me die in your arms and the first thing you want to do is hold me?" she blurted out unthinkingly, blinking her hazel eyes in surprise. When she died, it would be in his arms? Was she going to be with him in the future? Together? Would they be close friends, or something more?

"Yes..." Elias said softly, "I've never been in any of my visions. I felt all the pain I will in the future and I just...there was an overwhelming desire to hold you, so I did."

Elias was barely able to meet Aideen's gaze as his thoughts wandered to the cause of her death. Someone had planned it. Someone had poisoned her. He didn't know if he should tell Aideen or not.

Aideen was quiet as she gazed up at him, noticing that he was having a hard time meeting her eyes, avoiding them and clearly deep in thought. She frowned a bit. There was something more that he wasn't telling her, she knew that for sure. She wasn't going to pry, though - even if it was her own death, she didn't want to make him tell her what it was if it bothered him. She didn't say anything more, simply gave him a small and reassuring smile.

"We should...uh, we should probably eat the cake," Elias said softly. He made no move to let go of Aideen, though.

Aideen was quiet for a moment, letting him hold her, nodding her head ever so slightly. She didn't say anything, simply relaxed into him. He was right, but she knew that neither of them actually really wanted to break the embrace.

Elias let a hand slide through Aideen's bright hair, combing it with his fingers. Despite his better judgement, he let the vision play again so he could get a better look at Aideen. She looked to be in her early forties, so full of life. Was that...was that a ring on her finger?

Aideen nestled herself comfortably into him for a moment, before finally beginning to pull back. She gazed up at him and smiled a bit.

"Let's eat our cake," she said softly. "If you want to talk about it later, we can. If not, we don't have to. For now, let's put it out of our minds."

Elias shook off the thought of the ring and nodded, letting go of Aideen.

"Yeah," he agreed, "that's a good plan."

Aideen smiled and moved back to her chair, sitting down and nodding for him to do the same. She wondered what he was keeping from her, but knew that she didn't need to know - and he didn't need to tell her if he didn't want to. She lifted the fork, toying delicately with it before taking another bite of her cake, looking up at him and smiling when she had swallowed.

"Do you want to do anything today?" she asked him. "Like, other than sit around?"

Last edited:
Elias took his seat again, slicing a bite of cake onto his fork.

"I quite like just talking to you," he said.

Aideen giggled a bit at his words, smiling and taking another bite.

"So we're just going to sit around here and talk?" she asked as she finished the bite.

"Got any better ideas?" Elias asked with a grin, taking his first bite of the cake. He watched her happily as he ate the bite, noting that the cake was delicious. He'd have to go back to the bakery sometime just to try all the cakes. Okay, maybe not all at once.

Aideen giggled softly at his words, grinning. She took another bite, chewing slowly to create playful tension as he waited for her answer.

"We could sit around and talk...someplace nice," she said. "We have beautiful hot springs in the forest, there's a waterfall that's fun to swim in, we could walk through the gardens...the forest is an amazing place and if you just want to sit and talk, that's fine, but we can do it somewhere other than my apartment," she continued with a light laugh.

Elias laughed a bit. "It's kind of funny to me that half of the places you suggested involve water," he said, "you are a fire fairy, after all."

Aideen smiled and gave a light shrug of her shoulders.

"I don't swim, I just put my feet in the water," she said to him. "Let me know when you find a volcano, then I'll be down for swimming."

It took a the constant chatter of the villagers outside of his house to finally stir Sergeo from his sleep, much to his discontent. The raw man slowly arise from his bed, rubbing his eyes and groaning at that noise outside while he begun his morning rituals, starting with checking on the state of his front door. Sergeo looked at the lock and bolt he had on his door and visual there were no signs to the two being tampered with. A tug on the door followed by a clunk of metal hitting against each other further proved the locks were fine. Satisfied, Sergeo started to make himself presentable for the public. Bathing, Combing his hair, and taking care of the stubble that had begun to grow on his face and the former sailor now look like a proper sell sword and not just a foul smelling slob.

The only ritual left for Sergeo was the counting of his coin, something had not quite stopped doing since his Piracy days where he was constantly surrounded by the types would enjoy skimming gold from each other but with thieves and cut purses in every town he felt justified to continue this little quirk. Pouring the gold he had onto his dining table, he counted each piece individually. "One...two...three..." until he finished his counting 5 minutes later at 100 gold pieces. "Seems like everything is here. Shame some gold fairy didn't stop by and drop a few pieces in my sack" he lamely joked to himself. With everything accounted for, Sergeo unbolted his door, stepped outside his house into village streets, and turn around to lock his door again with a padlock.

((OOC: Unlocked Tavern, Town Square))

Last edited by a moderator:
Elias laughed. "I think I'll steer clear of volcanoes," he said, "sorry to disappoint."

Aideen giggled a bit at his comment, grinning up at him. She wondered if he'd ever seen his own death, but tried to push that aside - it was definitely she never wanted to hear. She also wondered if he saw the vision again when he touched the person - he'd let go of her hand, but he seemed fine when he hugged her. Did it go away once he'd watched it? Had they gotten it out of the way and the rest of their friendship would be normal? If they had, it was a relief that it had gone this way, and they had nothing more to worry about.

"Volcanoes are fun," she mused with a mischievous little smile. "I like the hot springs because they're hot, though. Not like most water. Most water is cold and I'm not a fan of cold."