Mysteries of Membuka

Aideen nodded slightly at his words, pausing outside her door. She fluttered her wings, looking over at him.

"I don't know what yours will cost, but my place required a weekly payment of 75 gold for eight weeks," she said softly. "I spoke to one of the other girls living here and she said hers was only fifty, but it's way smaller, and there's a man upstairs who told me that his cost 100, which would be almost two of that other girl's paycheques."

Elias nodded. "Once I get a job, it'll be no problem," he said.

Aideen gave him a slight nod, smiling brightly.

"Yeah," she said softly. "Yeah, there is that."

Elias nodded, glancing over at the door to the apartment to the left of Aideen's. "Start with that one?" he suggested.

Aideen nodded. The door had a sign indicating that it was for sale, as did a number of others within the hallway - it seemed that there were more empty apartments than occupied ones.

"Alright, go ahead," she said softly, smiling at him.

Elias reached out and turned the handle, opening the door. The first thing to catch his eye was the color scheme. Green was everywhere.

Aideen was quiet as she gazed around. Apparently this room was the magic green room. Walls, bed sheets, everything. There wasn't much in the way of decorations because it was for sale - an oil lamp on a nightstand, a ferny centerpiece on the table, and a small bouquet in a vase on the kitchen counter. All the cupboards in the kitchen were empty, but they had an elegant ferny engraving on the corners of their doors that had been painted green.

"I feel like I'm back in the forest," Aideen said as she moved to open the bathroom door, curious what it would look like.

"No kidding," Elias replied, slipping in after Aideen. He had to give the place credit, it was beautiful. Too bad it was so green. Green just wouldn't do. That couldn't stop them from exploring, though.

Aideen smiled over at him, her hazel eyes bright.

"What do you think?" she asked him cheerfully. "It's very green. Very nice."

Aideen smiled and nodded. She turned and began towards the door, her hips sashaying lightly behind her.

"Then we'll look at another one," she replied cheerfully. "Not all of them are this colourful. Mine was really plain when I got it, I did the walls and decorations myself."

"Well, you did a marvelous job," Elias said, following Aideen out and closing the door.

Aideen grinned brightly over at him, pleased to have received such a lovely compliment.

"I'm sure we can do a good job with your place too," she said. "Even if it's something plain instead of already prepared the way you want it."

Elias grinned at that and reached for Aideen's hand, taking it in his own. "Of course we can," he said, leading Aideen across the hall to a different room.

Aideen grinned a bit as she followed him. She moved ahead of him as they reached the door and she quickly gave the knob a twist, pushing it open. She smiled a bit. This room wasn't quite as overwhelmingly painted in one colour - the lower halves of the walls were covered in a dark wooden panelling, and the upper halves were a light, creamy yellow colour that stood in stark contrast to the wood. The floor of the kitchenette was done up in stained white glass tiles and the rest of the place had a soft beige carpet. The bedroom of this place was separate from the rest, with a dark wooden door separating them so that the bedroom remained a mystery to the pair, and the bathroom door was across from that of the bedroom. She shifted her hazel eyes up to Elias for his reaction.

Elias dropped Aideen's hand and took a look around, letting his fingers run across the wood on the walls and then across the countertops of the kitchenette. He turned to lean back against the counter and look out into the rest of the room. It was nice, definitely something he could get used to. Now he just had to wonder what the bedroom looked like.

The door to the room itself stared him down. Each time he tried to focus on the room, trying to decide if it was a good fit for him, his attention was drawn back to the door. With a sigh he looked to Aideen and began toward the offending barrier between rooms.