Mysteries of Membuka

"That will be 2 gold coins," said a voice.

Immediately, Idhron's stopped. He averted his eyes towards the man behind the stall, the stallkeeper.

"Gold coins?" asked the tree born human.

It took a moment for the stallkeeper to explain to Idhron what currency are but at last, he understood. Where could he find money fast? He was getting really hungry. As he watched himself, he noticed that the only thing he could sell was his cloak.

Idhron had to walk to other parts of the marketplace to find merchants trading fabrics of many varieties. The merchant told Idhron that the fruit skin that he wore as a cloak would catch a good price thanks to its special properties. Thus, he bartered his makeshift cloak for 50 gold coins and quickly ran towards the skewered venison meat to purchase some, costing him 6 piece of gold coins. Then, another smell invaded his nostrils, coming from a nearby bakery. Naturally, he went inside.

The door chime rang as he pushed the door open, alerting the shopkeeper of his presence. Idhron's eyes gleamed when he saw all the beautifully decorated bread and cakes. He bought and ate a few inside the bakery, costing him another 6 gold coins. There, he realized how fast his gold coins was depleting. He needed to save for the future.

[OOC: Idhron unlocked the bakery. I guess one more post in the bakery until I unlock the farm... Pfft.. I'm actually playing by myself since no one played the role as the NPC. -_-; I feel so alone. T_T

Oh and his gold coins are 50 - 6 - 6 = 38]

Aideen shifted her gaze towards Elias for a moment before shaking her head slightly. It was rare that she saw people here - that was why she liked the isolation of the forest. If she wanted to be around people, all she had to do was head to the village. If she wanted to be around other fairies, there were the gardens, and the fairy circle, and other places to meet them.

"Not really," she said softly. "I know there's a man on the second floor...that's pretty much the only person I've seen. No one ever really crosses paths, you know?" she continued with a light shrug of her shoulders, beginning down the hall.

((Shade, you're all updated :) ))

"Well, seeing as I don't have anywhere else to go," Elias said, "it looks like you'll be crossing paths with me quite often."
Elias smiled as he said this, continuing on after Aideen.

Aideen laughed a little and stopped in front of her door. She waved her hand over the knob lightly and a soft, reddish-orange glow emanated from her palm. The doorknob glowed as if it was red-hot, and then the fairy grasped it and twisted the knob open. She smiled over at him as she pushed the door open to reveal her little apartment, all decorated in black and reds and oranges and yellows, with potted flames as decorations.

"Well," she said softly, "this is my place. They don't provide any way of locking the doors so if you have magic, you just put in something of your own."

Elias slipped inside and looked about. He took in all the different colors, noting that the scheme was similar to the colors of fire. He smiled at the thought of that and went to set down his bag of produce on the counter.
"It's a beautiful place," Elias said, finally free of the weight of the fruits and vegetables, "fit for a Princess, I'd say." He grinned brightly toward Aideen, flashing her a wink.

Aideen laughed lightly and shook her head. She also set down her bag on the counter, and opened up the magical cooler where she kept her milk and produce. She put the jug of milk inside before shutting it, shivering a bit from the cold air that had escaped. She lifted one hand and, in her palm, started a small fire, the flames radiating enough heat to warm her up again before she extinguished it.

"I'm definitely not a princess," she said as she began to unload the baked goods, placing the wrapped loaves of bread on the counter. "It's just, you know, really me. And my dad would have liked it, too, so it's also kind of in memory of him..."

Elias turned and began unloading the produce. "Would it be at all too forward if I asked about your parents?" he asked, glancing over at Aideen.

Since he had nothing to do, Idhron stayed in the bakery. He had no past, only the present. What about the future? What is he to do? What is his real purpose in life? Why is he created? Sitting at the corner of the bakery with his head resting on his hands, he sighed a deep sigh. Boring was the day. He watched pedestrians walk by the front window of the bakery, minding their own business, and not minding him at all. Idhron wonder what was their purpose in life. Was it only to survive until death comes to claim their lives? Or is their purpose was to seek riches and wealth through business? The thought was too deep and confusing.

Alas, he was bored of sitting in the bakery doing nothing. It was time to go. Where? Perhaps his feet will take him to where fate will bring.

[OOC: I guess the farm is unlocked now.]

A light breeze swept through the village, licking up over roofs an under foot. It passed over Roz as she was turning pages, almost making her loose her place. Though, she'd been right. It was much easier to focus where she was seated in the Town Square, as the fountain drowned out a lot of the chatter around her. She paused, slipping a ribbon into the book marking her place. Her green-gold eyes turned skyward watching large clouds sail about, covering the sun. What a comfortable day it was turning out to be. Comfortable, peaceful...dull.

Roz closed her eyes with a sigh. She was finally freed of her "responsibilities as a young woman" for a little while, and yet she found she quietly wanted more. Maybe Trias was right. Maybe her books did fill her head with too many lofty ideas. Tales of high adventure, and magic. Heroes and villains. Death and life, light and darkness. Oh how she longed to experience more excitement like that. So in a way, despite her temporary freedom, she somehow felt more trapped than before.

"Come on Roz. Be happy!" She said while lightly slapping her cheeks, trying to snap herself out of her growing melancholy. Setting her hands back down she noticed they were on something wet. Glancing down showed that she'd set down on a small pool of water on the ledge of the fountain. She reached her hand back into the fountain, letting her fingers trace out ripples along the water's surface and making the white sparkles of sunlight dance. Her mind wondered for a while.

After a few minutes drifted by, a familiar chirping rang beside Rosalyn. She jerked a little bit in surprise, but a smile crept across her face upon seeing the small sparrow. "Well, hello again. Come to bother me again? Heh..." The bird tweeted and tilted his head to get a better look at her. Roz shook her head lightly. "Hmm...maybe your right. I just need to have faith. Some happiness will find its way to me. You certainly found me again."

((OOC: I've now unlocked the Park, the Cemetery, the Swimming Pond, the Church :) ))

((Shade, you now have the farm
mkvibe, you've got the park, cemetery, swimming pond, and church :) ))

((Both updated! I'm going to be at work all day today so if anyone unlocks anything, you can still progress if Krose confirms it even if it's not updated on the front :) ))

Aideen paused thoughtfully, wondering whether or not it would be too forward if he asked. She decided that it wasn't, and she gave him a light shake of her head as she took the cake from the bag and set it down on the countertop.

"No, it wouldn't," she said to him softly. "My dad was a fire fairy, like me, and recently passed away - that's actually why I came here, you know, I just needed a change of scenery. My mum and brother are air fairies." She paused as she took the tray of muffins from the bag, opening up a cupboard above the counters and putting it in. There were a few other things in the cupboards, a few boxes and bottles and jars of various foods and ingredients. "What about you?"

"As far as I ever knew," Elias said, "my parents were both human. They passed when I was seven. There was a house fire..."

Elias chose not to mention that his parents had been murdered. Someone had planned that fire, but Elias had been the true target. Luckily, he hadn't been there. Over time, though, he had admitted that luck had nothing to do with it. It was cruel fate. Had he not developed his ability, there would have been no attempt on his life. But, it was because he'd seen his parents' deaths so many times that he recognized the day when it came and made sure to be nowhere near the house. He couldn't have saved his parents anyhow. Any death he sees is set in stone.

Aideen was quiet a moment as she heard his words. Her hazel eyes shifted towards one of the frozen flames, one of the larger ones in the corner. If that thing - that thing that she kept as a house decoration - were ever to unfreeze, it would cause so much more damage and destruction than she liked to think of. A light sigh left her lips as she kept her eyes locked on the pretty potted prize.

"When it's mistreated, abused or disrespected, fire can cause so much damage," she said in a soft voice, and then looked at him. "I'm sorry to hear that, Elias, that you lost your parents, and to my element no less."

"It's not your fault," Elias said, "you shouldn't apologize for it."

Elias folded up the empty bag and set it aside, briefly running a hand through his curls. A short moment later he continued, "You really want to know about my visions?"

Aideen shifted her gaze towards him, intrigued that he was the one who had brought it up rather than waiting for her to return to it. She opened up the box that the cake was in and took it out, opening a drawer and pulling out a shiny silver knife. She set it down lightly beside the cake and then went to the cupboard to get some plates, which were simple and black.

"Yes, I really do, if you're comfortable talking about it," she said softly, lifting the knife and beginning to slice the cake carefully. "Do you want a big slice or a little one?"

"A small one will be fine," Elias said, stuffing his hands back in his pockets. He shifted his gaze to his feet, wondering how to explain that his visions were of death without freaking Aideen out. Well, without freaking her out too much. Elias knew it was inevitable that she'd be a little surprised when he finally revealed the little secret he'd been keeping all morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aideen smiled and nodded, carefully slicing two small pieces of cake and laying them down on the two plates. She put the cake back in the box, closing it so that the cake wouldn't go hard or stale. She slipped it in the cooler and then opened up a drawer quickly to grab two forks. She smiled and lifted the two plates, carrying them to the table like a housewife and gently setting one down on either side of the table, along with a fork. She smiled over at him and sat down, nodding to the spot across from her.

"Here you go," she said to him with a grin, waiting for him to sit down before starting to eat since it was polite.

Elias went and pulled out the chair. He then removed his coat, draping it over the back of the chair before seating himself across from Aideen. He picked up his fork and, rather than slicing himself a bite, twiddled with it. Aideen had to know the truth, there was no way he could keep it from her. He was just scared of how she'd react.

Aideen smiled as she looked at him, taking a bite of cake. She watched him as she chewed, smiling a bit.

"Elias," she said in a soft voice after swallowing her mouthful, "whatever you're about to tell me isn't going to change the way I see you, okay? I promise."

Elias sighed and looked over at Aideen.

"Aideen," he said, "I...all my visions..."

He turned his gaze away as he finally said, "Anyone I touch, I see their death."