Mysteries of Membuka

Aideen smiled a bit as the farmer's young daughter answered the door for them.

"Hi there, sweetie, is your mother home? I'd just like to buy a jug of milk from her," Aideen said softly, and the little girl nodded, leaving for a moment and returning shortly after with her mother, the farmer's wife, who had a jug of milk in her hand. She smiled and welcomed Aideen, telling her that the milk would be three coins. Aideen quickly handed over the money and took the jug, thanking the woman and smiling over at Elias.

Elias grinned. "Do you need me to carry that, or will you be alright?"

Aideen smiled brightly up at him, shaking her head slightly.

"I should be fine, but thank you," she said softly, retreating down the steps of the farmhouse. "Let's just get back to the woods, I want to be out of this cloak. The sooner, the better."

Elias nodded, beginning away from the farm and back toward the forest.

Aideen walked along quietly with him, her feet soundless against the grassy ground of the outskirts. She smiled up at him as they finally came towards the archway, ducking quickly through to reveal the magic and enchantment of the forest. Once they were inside, she set down the brown bag and the jug in the grass for a moment, slipping her cloak off and spreading her wings. She breathed a relieved sigh, flapping them a few times. One twitched slightly, clearly very sore and pained, and Aideen sighed again, frowning a bit.

Elias, knowing there was nothing he could do to help without touching Aideen, watched on.
"Are you alright?" he asked.

Aideen sighed softly, nodding her head a bit.

"Yeah," she mumbled. "It just hurts...it really, really hurts..." Stretching and fluttering her wings, she bent down and picked up the bag and the jug, sighing. "Let's just get back to my room," she said, beginning to walk again, the cloak draped over her elbow.

"I'm sorry you have to cover your wings," Elias said, following her. He switched his bag of produce to his other hand, keeping pace with Aideen.

Aideen gave a light shrug of her shoulders, looking back over at him.

"It's not like I have much other choice," she said. "Not unless someone opens up a food shop in the forest," she added with a light laugh.

"I'd offer to do just that," Elias said with a smile, "but I'm not sure it would work out very well, what with the no touching problem I've got."

Aideen laughed softly at his words, nodding slightly.

"Just have a really wide counter," she teased with a grin. "Put the stuff down and step back so people have to reach across and grab it from the counter themselves. So easy." She fluttered her wings as the castle appeared in the distance. "Are you going to tell me any more about your no touching thing?"

"I..." Elias began, cutting off the statement, trying to decide how to continue. At this point he figured that he would be staying with Aideen for quite some time. There was no reason for him not to stay.
"If you truly wish to know," he finally said, "then I will tell you. But not until we are alone in the castle. It's best that people don't know the truth about me."

Aideen gave him a firm nod, satisfied with his response. She continued cheerfully through the forest with him, heading up the steps of the castle and opening the door carefully, holding it for Elias.

Aideen followed him in and smiled, beginning towards the staircase that led all the way up.

"I'm on the fourth floor," she said softly, smiling over at him.

Aideen smiled over at him, walking quietly up the staircase. She continued up, past the next two landings, stopping at the third landing and moving off the staircase. She shot Elias another smile, nodding for him to follow.

Elias followed Aideen, exiting onto the landing. "Does anyone else live here?" he asked, "Or do you live alone?"

Aideen glanced over at him, smiling a bit.

"Well, the castle is open to anyone to get a room, so there are some other people, but it's kind of like apartments. I've got my own place - bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, sitting room, and a storage closet - and so does everyone else, so it's not like I live with anyone," she explained.