Mysteries of Membuka

Carefully avoiding any contact with Aideen, Elias took the bag and smiled. "I feel kind of useless if you're doing everything," he said, "and I said I'd carry things, anyhow."

Aideen laughed softly as she looked up at him, smiling.

"Well, I'm just collecting what I want," she said with a bright smile. "The merchant still has to unpack it so he can weigh everything, so it's not really a big deal if I carry it for now." She didn't reach to take it back, though, simply picked up a cucumber and put it in the bag. There were a number of unique fruits at the other stands, and Aideen was sure that some of those merchants did their gardening near the forest based on their fruits, but she was a big fan of non-magical fruits.

Elias smiled, watching Aideen shop around. He noted her choices in produce, but didn't make any comment on it. It was almost cute watching her go around and pick fruits and vegetables here and there.

Aideen continued to gather fruits and vegetables into the bag until she was satisfied with her selection. She had waited to grab soft fruits like peaches and apricots at the end so they would be at the top of the bag. She knew that the amount of fruits and vegetables she had here would be enough that she would finish them before anything started to go bad, since she ate a lot of fruits and vegetables as snacks and whatnot. She gently took the bag from Elias, being careful not to touch him or let him touch her at all, and handed it over to the vendor delicately. Her hazel eyes gazed up at Elias as the man began to unload the bag, weighing and pricing everything until he was finished, informing the fire fairy that her purchase would total 23 gold. He packed it back into the bag while Aideen counted her coins before hanging over 23 golden coins to the shopkeeper, who handed her back the large brown bag. She smiled and turned to Elias, offering it to him.

"Next stop is the bakery," she told him softly, a light breeze ruffling her soft orange hair. "And then the farm on our way out, because they sell milk fresh there and I'd rather buy it from them than one of the shops here."

Elias took the bag carefully and nodded. "After you," he said. He motioned for her to go.

Aideen smiled happily up at him before beginning away from the marketplace, heading back into the streets to make her way to the bakery. It wasn't terribly far, just a short walk and a turn around one corner. She headed up and opened the door, a little bell tinkling as she stepped inside and held the door for Elias. She smiled up at him happily, lifting one hand and running it lightly through her loose hair. The smell of freshly baked goods and sweets filled her nose as she looked towards the front counter, where an array of sweets and treats were arranged. They had various breads and pastries all lined up for customers to browse, but Aideen knew exactly what she wanted.

Elias quickly stepped inside, sidestepping Aideen. He smiled, taking in the scene in its entirety. It was then that he realized that he was actually quite hungry.

One path led to another, finally, Idhron, the tree born human found civilization. There were less trees there in the streets of the town and people was giving him strange look, especially his bare feet. Other than made him uncomfortable, the stares also reminded him that he needed to get some cloths. He decided that the ones hanging unattended outside a building was promising enough. Naturally, he stole them and dressed himself in a alleyway less traveled. The cloths fit him well, making him look just like anyone else in the village. He set out to the open streets once more.

There was nothing much to do in the town square but once his feet touch the crowded pavement of the bustling Marketplace, he smelled something delicious. The fragrance was coming from a nearby stall selling skewered venison meat. An uncomfortable sensation rose in his belly. Idhron knew he needed to get the good smelling food inside of him. Slowly, one of his hands reached out for the food.

[OOC: I've edited out part of my last IC post and assume that it is usable. If it isn't, please just inform me and tell me what should I do. If it is, please play the role as the stall keeper in Idhron's story.

Oh and I don't suppose stealing could be considered as purchase and unlocked the bakery? Or is stealing prohibited in this RP? Is finding a tree with fruit prohibited as well?]

Last edited by a moderator:
((Next time please include the locations you have unlocked. I'll help you out this time though and list them myself:
Tavern
Town Square
Marketplace
Library
In addition, stealing does not count as purchase, however it would be acceptable to find an apple tree or something of the sort, but keep in mind that if you find one in town it likely belongs to someone ;) . ))

((Lala, FYI, you want to take a look at the front page under characters. You have a repeat listing))

((Thanks Krosey <3 And Shade, you're up on the members list, let me know if I've got any details wrong and make sure to specify in your posts what you've unlocked so I can update it as you go!))

Aideen smiled as she approached the front of the bakery, where one of the clerks was standing with a bright smile on her face. Aideen quickly selected a couple loaves of bread that she wanted, and began to eye the selection of pastries while the clerk wrapped the bread for her.

"What kind of cake do you like?" Aideen asked Elias, looking over at him. "I could grab a cake and we could go back to my place and eat it."

Elias was a bit surprised by the question. He paused, thinking. Finally, he responded, "Strawberry is good."
He fished a few gold coins out of his pocket and placed them on the counter. There were seven total. "It's only fair that I pay for part of this," he explained with a slight smile.

Aideen smiled a bit as she looked at him. It was a sweet gesture, and she appreciated it. She turned to face the baker and pointed towards the strawberry cake, smiling.

"How much is that one?" she asked softly, biting her lip to fight back a pained wince as her wing twitched beneath the heavy cloak. The cake was only six coins, and she shot Elias a glance as if to ask whether or not he wanted to just pay the six or stay with the seven. She then picked out a small tray of muffins, since she enjoyed having muffins for breakfast some mornings.

Elias waved his hand and smiled, silently saying "keep it". He kept quiet, watching Aideen continue to shop.

Aideen stepped back as the baker took out the muffins, and she gave the clerk a warm smile.

"That's it," she said softly. Three loaves of bread, a cake, and the tray of muffins - a total of twenty gold, the clerk told her, so Aideen sighed lightly and pulled the remaining thirteen coins from her bag, handing them over along with the seven that Elias had given her. The clerk counted them out and then loaded the products - first the muffin tray, then the cake in its box, and then the wrapped bread - into a brown bag similar to the one that Elias was already carrying. This one, however, was much lighter, and Aideen took it gently in her arms, thanking the clerk before nodding towards the door for Elias to go first.

Elias watched to be sure that Aideen would have no problem with the bag. Satisfied, he smiled and went to get the door for her, being careful to remain out of the way.

Aideen smiled and slipped out of the door, waiting for Elias to step out before she began to walk along. She cringed at the pained sensation through her wings, as she began to move again, but tried to hide it as they walked along the street towards the edge of town.

"We just need to stop at the farm, get the milk, and then get back to the forest," she said softly enough that only Elias could hear her. "And then I can get this damn cloak off and we can eat cake and stuff."

Elias followed Aideen out and laughed slightly at her words. "Then, please," he said, "do lead the way."

Aideen smiled happily, her orange hair fluttering softly in the breeze as she walked towards the edge of town. She could feel people staring here and there, since her hair was quite unusual, but she didn't mind. She actually quite liked the attention. They quietly left the town, heading out on the only road out - it curved around and began away from town, and became a very long road to the next city, but they weren't going that far. The farm was just outside of the town and that was where Aideen needed to be. They neared the elegant little farmhouse and Aideen walked quietly up the steps to the porch, lifting one small hand and knocking lightly against the door.

Elias readjusted his grip on the bag he carried and stood silently behind Aideen, waiting. As they had traveled further from town, the visions that swam around in his mind, taunting him, dissipated.