My Love, My Treasure [Serpentine and MoonStar]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bree opened the front door to her family's house and stepped inside, she still managed to get wet even though she was jogging. She shut the door, slamming it ever so slightly and her mom looked up for the television. "How was school?"

"Fine" She answered shortly and then storms up to her bedroom, slamming the door. She curled up in her bed and yelled into her pillow.. Letting out her emotions finally. You're so stupid, she told herself. You are a magnet she continued. She stared out of her bedroom window and looked at the rain falling, much more heavier now.

After an hour of crying she walked outside. The rain had stopped but the floor was damp. She headed into the forest, looking down.

Vance stayed sitting in that same spot, never moving. He had tried forcing himself to get back to his pack, but for once, his heart wasn't up for it. He wanted to stay alone, and he didn't want to be bothered with his alpha duties. He was sure that if there were any problems, Jason would be able to handle it. He gripped his hand into a fist and hit the damp ground. Why was he feeling like this? It wasn't like anything was over. She was just mad... right? No, he knew the real reason why he was acting the way he was. He was too in love with her to even think about her being mad at him. He was in so deep that even the thought of making her frown made him upset.

Eventually, the rain stopped, grey clouds still blocking the sun. Deciding to finally head back, Vance stood up and dusted his pants off before walking into the trees. The forest was huge, so he was sure to get to his pack from where he was. As he walked, Vance stuck his hands into his soaked jeans and allowed his thoughts to swarm around, his eyes gazed to the ground as water dripped from his hair. He was a mess. After a few minutes more of walking, he looked up and saw... Bree. His eyes widened a fraction before returning to normal, but his heart was still hammering in his chest. He wasn't sure if she wanted to even look at him, which made him frown even more. He avoided looking into her eyes, instead looking to the side, his body shivering ever so slightly from his drenched clothing.

"Hey Bree..." he said softly, attempting to flash her a smile, but it came out looking very forced. His eyes held a saddened glow to them as his forced smile fell into a frown. He saw how upset she looked and felt like she probably wanted to be alone.

"Ah, sorry... you probably want to be alone, right?" he asked, smiling sadly before hanging his head slightly. The water continued dripping from his hair and he started to take a few steps forward, in the direction his pack was. If Bree wanted to be alone, he would grant her that wish...

"I'm sorry, Bree... for anything I did wrong." he whispered softly, glancing at her one more time before closing his eyes.

Bree heard somene coming closer, the sound of footsteps that were squelching on the damp forest ground. The figure in the distance came closer until she could clearly see who it was. Vance. She chewed her bottom lip and backed up a little, she didn't know whether to make a run for it or stay and forgive him. They had only been together for one day and they we're already arguing. This was all her fault. She looked down, barely able to look up at him as he stood near her. He must've scented her nearby.

"Hey Bree..." She heard him say when he made his way over to her, finally.

She was still looking down for a few moments until she said, "Hey.. Don't apologise.. This is my fault and only my fault" She looked up after breaking the silence.

"Hey.. Don't apologise.. This is my fault and only my fault" she had finally said to him. Vance stopped moving, sighing a bit. He lifted his head and turned around, finally locking his emerald eyes with her brown ones. He frowned and rubbed the back of his neck. She still seemed upset... Vance could sense it.

"Bree... you didn't do anything wrong. You're new here, and it wasn't your fault that guys suddenly started liking you. Nathan's just a jerk for pointing something like that out. He's just mad because he can't have you." Vance said softly, his eyes never leaving hers. He set his jaw and fought the urge to put his arms around her. If she was confused, he didn't want to make it worse... even if she was his mate. Vance took a deep breath and ran a hand through his soaked hair, making it messier than it already was. Finally, he gathered his courage and braced himself, afraid of the words he was about to say.

"If... If you don't really want to be with me..." Vance had to pause, his throat tightening as tears started to burn behind his eyes. "If you don't want to be with me, then I'd understand. It would break my heart into a million pieces, but I would do anything to make you happy. And if not being with me makes you happy, I'll do that for you... your happiness means more to me than my own." he said softly, his voice shaking slightly as he took a few steps closer to her, raising his hand to touch her hair before stopping. He kept his hand in mid-air, looking into her eyes as he waited for a response, tears starting to fill his eyes.

Bree suddenly heard her name being called in the distance.

"Bree!" She heard, coming from a male voice. She turned around and saw Thorne making his way over to them, a grin spread across his face. She tried her best to smile back, but she didn't feel like smiling that day.

When he made his way over he glanced between them both. "Oh... Is this a bad time?" He asks.

"No, not at all. Hey! How were your classes at school today?"

"Fine thanks" He was still grinning. "Hey, want to come back to my tent? I'm going to redecorate it, I need a couple of ideas!" He took hold of her hand and then pointed in the direction of his tent.

Vance growled lowly as he heard Thorne's voice. He cursed under his breath and took a few steps from Bree, his eyes narrowed into a deadly glare. He bared his teeth and lifted his chin at Thorne made his way over, asking if it was a bad time. Vance scoffed humorlessly at the question, knowing that the male knew perfectly well it was a bad time. The alpha felt his heart drop as Bree started talking to him, ignoring their conversation. When he saw Thorne grab her hand and ask if she wanted to help with decorating his tent, Vance nearly lost it.

"Christ, Thorne! I know you heard our conversation perfectly well before coming up here!" Vance said with a rough calmness, his emerald eyes darkening at the irritation he was feeling. And what made it worse was the fact that Bree was talking back with him, not even thinking about the conversation they were just having. Finally, Vance threw his hands up, letting out an irritated noise.

"You know what, forget it! If you want to talk to him so bad without responding to me after I opened my heart to you, then fine! Go ahead, go and help him! Maybe our love really is one-sided." Vance shouted, tears brimming his eyes before they fell, running down his cheeks. He felt broken. He had just spilled his emotion out for her, and she didn't even respond to them. At the most, it only made him doubt that she really loved him. Vance stormed up to Thorne and pulled him by his collar, opening his mouth to say something. However, the words stuck in his throat, so he shoved Thorne away before turning and glancing at Bree. The hurt he felt showed in his emerald eyes and tears continued to fall down his face, leaving wet trails along his skin.

Giving a shaky sigh, he turned his eyes away and put his hands in his pockets, starting to walk away. "Have fun decorating." he said sarcastically, his deep voice shaking as the broken feeling in his heart worsened.

Bree was taken aback when he shouted and tears brimmed in her own eyes. She watched him walk away and she looked down for a bit until she felt a warm and slip into hers, Thorne. She looked up at him and he smiled, she managed to smile back.

"We can go to my tent now" He says and then tickled me a little and I laughed, smiling. "Sure"

"There's that beautiful smile" He said and she blushed looking back down. They spent the evening in his tent together, talking and laughing.

Vance was torn apart. He didn't like how he felt, and Thorne was trying to steal his mate away. He sat all the way in the back of his tent, holding his head in his hands... crying. Why did he yell at her like that? It only made things worse. And now... she was pushing him away. He missed her. Touching her hair, her face... kissing her. It all felt like an endless nightmare that showed no mercy. Vance gripped his hair and heard his tent flap opening. He raised his eyes slowly, and of course was disappointed. Instead of Bree standing there, it was Jason. Even if it wasn't his mate, he was still a bit happier by his best friend. Jason looked at Vance's face and frowned before making his way to him, sitting next to him.

"You look terrible, man. What happened?" Jason asked, his eyes slightly widened as he looked over Vance. Vance sighed and furrowed his brow as he told his friend the whole ordeal. Telling his mate how he felt, how she ignored him, and how Thorne pretty much swept her away when she was upset. Jason set his jaw and rubbed Vance's back, pressing his forehead against the alpha's head. "Don't worry... I'll handle this. Just go and get something to eat, okay? Calm yourself down." he said softly before standing, making his way out of the tent. Vance did as he friend asked and went to the dining tent, where some of the wolves were.

Jason set his jaw and made his way to Thorne's tent, ripping it open as he stepped inside. His eyes searched it until he saw Thorne and Bree, a scowl making it's way to his face. He crossed his arms and sneered at Thorne, lifting his chin. He was second in command, which made him a higher rank than Thorne. His yellow eyes flashed with anger as he scoffed.

"What the hell, Thorne?! You're terrible, you know that?! While you're in here, sweet-talking Vance's mate, Vance is tearing himself apart! You're the worst. You take an emotionally bruised woman and try to make your move while she was having a serious moment with Vance. God... I thought only idiot thought like you." Jason snarled, baring his teeth. It would be easy to say that he was angry... but angry wasn't the word for it. Then, the male swerved to Bree, his eyes narrowing at her as well.

"I thought you knew better than this, Bree. Everybody knows, that when a guy spills his emotions for a girl, you answer. Instead, you just ignored the whole situation and ripped his heart to shreds! Do you know what that can do to a werewolf?! It's enough for one of us to contemplate suicide! And, I may not know all of the facts, but I think Vance is pretty close to that point. So, I hope you're happy. One less man for you to worry about, right? If you really care about him, you'll talk to him instead of ignoring him. Otherwise, you'll have to live knowing that a man killed himself because of you." Jason said coldly, his yellow eyes narrowed. He knew he was being rough and blunt with her, but he needed her to know the seriousness of what she did.

Turning to Thorne, Jason grabbed him by his hair and dragged him out of the tent, showing no mercy as he pulled him into the woods to "talk".

Bree flinched and looked down a bit. She sighed and then stood up, looking for Vance
She moved over to him and sighed again. "Hi. I guess we should talk now" She said and then wrapped her arms around herself even though it wasn't cold. She wanted to disappear and go back home. Home being the place she originally moved from. She was looking down, tears spilling from her eyes.

[Apogies for the short post]

Vance slowly looked up as Bree sat next to him. He frowned and watched as she wrapped her arms around herself, starting to cry. The sight made him flinch slightly and he felt his throat tighten. He had forgotten about how upset he was in that moment. The only thing that mattered was her. Vance moved to sit directly in front of her and placed his hands on her shoulders, his emerald eyes soft.

"Hey, hey... it's okay. Let's just talk okay? You don't have to cry..." Vance whispered, although tears were starting to fall from his eyes as he spoke. He lifted a shaky hand and gently wiped the tears from her face, lifting her chin so that she would look at him. "Ask anything you want, if you need to. If you need to know how loyal I am, or if this is all some sick joke, it isn't. My feelings for you are real, and I would never play you like that. If you want to ask questions, or yell at me, call me names... I'll sit here and listen to it all. As long as you have someone that will listen... I'll be sitting right here. If you're mad at me, tell me. Yell, scream, hit me, it doesn't matter. I just want to help." he whispered, his voice shaking. He licked his lips quickly before averting his eyes, preparing to ask the same thing he had earlier. Taking a deep breath, he braced himself before turning his tearful emerald eyes back to Bree.

"Do you like being with me? Am I worth your time? D-Do you even care about me like I care about you? Bree... I'm willing to die for you, if it ever comes to that. If it means your happiness, I'll do it. Even if it means you want to get rid of me and be with someone l-like Thorne or Nathan. I would do anything..." Vance stuttered, feeling his heart ram in his chest as he looked at his mate, his eyes wide and innocent, almost afraid of the answer she might give him.

[No worries~! It's fine! ^-^]

"Y-You're just taking e-everything to heart!" Bree mumbled through hiccups of tears, shifting away. "Sure, me and Nathan kissed.. But I was completely unaware that you even liked me! Me and Thorne are friends, and have been hanging out together. If this is what it's going to be like then you can forget it" She muttered and looked away from him. "I'm not being hypocritical, since I kissed Nathan after half a day of knowing him but how can you dedicate yourself so much to me? The pieces are just not fitting" She added.

She felt her phone vibrating in her pocket and picked it up, her mom was calling to ask where she was. "Shoot. I'll be over there in a minute" She grumbled and looked at the time in her phone. She hung up the phone and then placed it into her pocket. "I gotta go. Family members came to visit"

[Thanks cx]

Vance stared at her wide-eyed. She really doubted how he felt. He felt his heart sink to his stomach and turned his eyes away. She just didn't understand. When male or female werewolves find their mate, it's like their lives are fused. Any thought of Bree being stolen from him would send him into a rampage, and if Bree ever died, Vance would kill himself after a few days without her. He watched as she answered her phone, saying she had to go. Family. Vance sighed and ran a hand through his hair, closing his emerald eyes for a moment. He opened them again, and a look of determination was set in them.

"Okay. Promise me something, though. Tonight... go to your window, and I'll be waiting there. I won't leave until you talk to me. I just... there are some things I have to explain to you. So that you know why I'm so protective over you. Can you do that for me? I promise I'll give you all the answers you need." Vance asked, keeping strong eye contact with her before he tore his eyes away. Swiftly, he leaned forward and kissed her forehead before standing, looking at her with a frown.

"Please don't forget... it's very important." he whispered. Then, he flashed her a small smile before leaving his tent and going to find Jason. He saw his friend walk up to him and smiled when his hand clapped onto his shoulder. Vance chuckled a bit for the first time that day, and he walked with his friend into the trees to talk. He needed someone to tell all his worries to, and Jason listened like the good friend he was, soothing the alpha to the best of his abilities.

Bree stood up and also left the tent. She ate dinner with her family and then talked, they left soon afterwards before it got dark. She got dressed and got prepared to go to bed. She brushed her hair with her hair brush then called goo fight to her parents. She shut the door and go into bed, eyeing the window where Vance agreed to meet her. She got up and opened it, looking out.

Vance stood by the tree next to Bree's window, leaning against it. He saw her family leave the house and took in a deep breath, uncrossing his arms as he looked up at the window. He started to scale the tree until he was squatting on a branch that was level with her window. After a few minutes, he saw as Bree walked to the window and opened it. He smiled sheepishly, feeling a bit nervous, before raising an eyebrow with expectant eyes.

"Mind if I come in?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck as he gave her a half smile.

Bree smiled back and then nodded, stepping back. "Yeah" She said and then pulled he covers of her duvets out and then getting back into the comfort of her bed. She was curled up in the blanket, her teeth were still chattering. Turns out the lovely weather hadn't lated and there was still wind and cool weather about. She looked up at him, then looked down. She finally spoke, wrapping her arms around herself.

"I'm sorry about everything, this really is all my fault"

Vance watched as Bree walked into her room before sitting on her bed... shivering. He climbed in and shut the window behind him, hoping that it would help with the cold. Listening closely to what she said, Vance lifted his emerald eyes to her and sighed, a small half smile gracing his lips. Slowly, he crawled onto her bed and took off his shoes before crossing his legs. He eyed her carefully before taking off his leather jacket and putting it around her shoulders.

"Nah... it's not your fault. In reality, it's mine. I kind of pushed my feelings onto you without thinking about how you felt. And because of that, I've been really protective over you... pushing away some of your friends. I'm really sorry about that. But I don't think sorry's really going to cut it" he said softly, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"I-I can answer some of your questions now. Ask away." Vance said, leaning a bit closer to her. He tilted his head to the side ever so slightly and gave her a small smile, waiting patiently.

Bree shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know really have many questions, but I want to know why you chose me specifically to be your mate when there are other girls roaming about in the world. I don't see anything outstanding and special about me compared to other people" She said. Feeling the jacket over her shoulders stopped the teeth chattering.

Vance listened to her before grinning and chuckling a bit. He shook his head and moved closer to her, placing his hand against her face. He smiled softly and caressed her cheek with his thumb. He felt really relieved. Was that all she was worried about.

"Bree... god you really scared me, you know?" he said, chuckling even more. he moved to sit closer in front of her and gave a loud sigh, looking up at the ceiling before turning his eyes back to her.

"Hmm... why did I pick you?" he hesitated and raised an eyebrow, looking over her before he genuinely smiled. "I picked you because you have such a pure heart. Your beautiful on the inside and out, and I only needed one look to realize that. When I first laid eyes on you, I felt excited, eager to meet you. You have so much that other girls would die for. Sure, there are lots of pretty girls, but there aren't any that are as gorgeous as you are. Not just in looks either, but your personality. A perfect girl is someone who has a beautiful and friendly mind. And you... Bree you embody every single thing I could ever hope for. As for your flaws, if I could ever find any, I love you for them. It just shows me that nobody's perfect, and you're not telling yourself that you are. I love you for that, Bree. I always will. There aren't enough words to explain how you are to me. Even in other languages, it still wouldn't be enough." Vance gave a small laugh and looked at Bree with soft emerald eyes.

"You are the one that's meant for me. I'm sure of it. Now... does that answer your question?" he asked, raising an eyebrow slightly as his smile grew, revealing sparkling white teeth.

Bree felt a blush spreading to her cheeks.

"Yes it does, thank you for that. I love you lots too, and I'm sorry about everything. I just needed thinking space that's all. Thorne is very sweet, cheerful and funny but I'm with you and I love you. As for Nathan, I don't think we'll be talking to each other for a while now because of our argument" She looked down. "I'm the one who created this mess and I'm so sorry for everything. When I kissed Nathan I didn't think you actually loved me that much until you opened up and told me"

She reaches up and then places a hand into his cheek which was warm. She pulled away and then kissed his forehead.

Vance closed his eyes as he felt Bree kiss his forehead. Her words made him smile happily, and he looked up at her before pressing his forehead against hers. It felt like his sadness from before had melted away into nothing, and was replaced by a ray of sunlight that instantly brightened his mood. Pulling his head back, Vance raised an eyebrow before smiling sheepishly.

"Yeah... about Nathan. I'm sorry for that argument. I didn't really want it to go that out of hand, but it just happened. He really knows how to push my buttons, even when he doesn't try. I'll try talking things out with him... if that's what you want. I don't want to chase all of your friends away, especially since you just moved here." Vance said softly, his smile fading slightly as he spoke seriously. Then, his emerald eyes looked over her figure, to his leather jacket. He grinned and moved to sit beside her.

"Are you still cold? You can lay by me and I'll keep you warm." he said with a soft smile. He gently ran a hand through her brown hair and chuckled lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.