My Love, My Treasure [Serpentine and MoonStar]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bree nodded and inched closer to him, and placed her head onto his chest as if it were a pillow. She stared up at the ceiling for a little and then leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Goodnight, I love you. I'm sorry about everything and I forgive you" She held into his hand, her small and fragile one with his which was warm. She placed his hand onto her cheek and then nuzzled against it.

She closed her eyes after a couple of seconds.

[Next Morning]

"Bree! Wake up! Bree!" She heard a distant calling and light bangs on her door. It was her mother's voice. She sat up and looked around to see if Vance was still there.

Vance looked down at her as she nuzzled her face against his hand. He smiled and felt a warm sensation rush across his chest. It felt lovely, and he placed his free hand onto her arm, stroking it gently as she began to fall asleep. "Goodnight... I love you most." he muttered softly before pulling his free hand away, allowing his other to stay by her face as she slept on his chest.

Slowly, Vance's eyes fluttered shut as he felt sleep start to wash over him. His chest rose and fell as darkness started to take over...

[Next Day]

At the sound of banging on Bree's door, Vance's squeezed his eyes tight groaning quietly under his breath. He wasn't used to waking up early, even though he did it all the time. He opened an eye finally and glanced at Bree, who was sitting up. He chuckled lightly before remembering her mother's voice at the door.

"U-Uh... I'll hide!" he whispered, rolling off of the bed and crawling under it. He didn't want Bree's mom to see him sleeping in the same bed with her daughter. It would probably create a hugs misunderstanding.

"What is it mom?" Bree called, tiredness was in her voice. She glanced over at her clock and then noticed it was 8am and only a Saturday. She groaned and opened the door. Her mother looked so bright and cheerful, even though it was so early in the morning.

"A friend came over, he wants to talk to you" She said.

Friend? Was it Nathan or Thorne? It had to be one of the two. She peeked downstairs and saw Thorne slouched on the sofa, flicking through channels as if he was in his own house. She noticed him look up, but she quickly flew back into her bedroom to get dressed before she saw him. "Okay. I'm coming downstairs in a bit" She said and heard her mother's footsteps fade. She sat on the edge of her bed.

"Thorne's here"

Vance heard the conversation between Bree and her mom. A friend? He was sure who it was, but he waited under the bed until she confirmed it. Slowly, he pulled himself from under the bed and sat up onto the bed with a groan, placing his hand on top of hers. He bit his lip and looked over her before sighing. He plastered on a forced smile and intertwined their fingers together.

"It's okay... I trust you. I won't butt in with your conversation this time." Vance said softly before taking a deep breath and moving close to her. "But. If I hear him say anything towards you or hear that he touched you against your will, you can't get mad at me for wanting to rip his head off." he said with a nervous chuckle, rubbing his thumb along her hand.

"However, I'll stay up here if you want me to. Unless you want me to leave, then I'll leave. I just don't trust Thorne. He may be a nice guy, but he doesn't have a mate." Vance bit his lip and furrowed his brow. "Just promise me you'll be careful around him. He might seem innocent, but he might have some trick up his sleeve." with that, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against her eyebrow, kissing it softly.

Bree twisted the doorknob to her bedroom with some clothes bundled in her arms. She sighed. "I can't promise anything" She said. When she was done getting ready and sat at her vanity and combed her hair. "You can stay here, I'd like that" She smiles warmly. She was wearing a top, a hoody, some black jeans and some boots. She put her hair into a messy high bun. She opened her dork and shut it again, heading downstairs to where Thorne was sitting. He looked up at her and grinned.

"Hey Bree, what's up?" He asked and stood up.

"Not much. What did you want to talk about?" Her mom headed out of the door, saying she needed to get some groceries, a list in her hand. She heard her mom's car drive off, her Dad was out at work. She sat down in the sofa and he joined her.

"I wanted to talk things through. I don't want you to be mad at me. I'm sorry about everything, Bree"

"It's okay, don't apologise"

"Are we still friends?"

"Of course" She beamed and smiled warmly. They spoke a little afterwards.

Vance nodded and watched as Bree walked out the door. He sat on the bed and listened as the silence set around the room, creating a buzzing noise in his ears. Scrunching his nose, he felt his stomach rumble from hunger and sighed. "Really? Right now?! Come on..." he whispered to himself, holding a hand on his stomach. Being a wolf, he had a bigger appetite than most people. Biting his lip, Vance crawled onto the bed and slid under the blankets, looking up at the ceiling.

"Whelp. Time to wait and see what happens." he said with a sigh, starting to count the small dots in the ceiling. After a few moments, he yawned and closed his eyes, enjoying the peace and quiet that the room held. He wasn't tired anymore, so he was just simply relaxing, making sure to keep an ear out for Bree and Thorne. Like he had said before, he didn't trust Thorne. Not unless he had proof that he wasn't trying to steal Bree away.

Thorne's POV

He smiled and then glanced over at her. She looked so beautiful, even if she had only just got out of bed. He sensed another person nearby. Vance. What was he doing here? Did he stay over for the night? A rush of jealousy caught him up. He tried to not get jealous, but he couldn't help but develop more and more feelings for Bree as they spoke. She was so gentle, kind and listened to everything he had to say and he did the same whenever she talked. She was so beautiful with her long, wavy dark hair and beautiful eyes that he often got lot in whenever she spoke. Her voice.. It was so soft and gentle and she was very well spoken. Her laughter was also very beautiful and he loved to see her happy.

Ever since he got older and started to want to have a mate he wanted to find the right girl. Bree seemed so right for him, she was such a wonderful and gentle person and the more he spoke to her, the more he learnt about her. He learnt that she missed her old home, school and friends. She was plan I to go and stay there for the summer. He nodded, gazing into her eyes.

"Uh, Thorne.. You've been staring at me for the past minute" He heard her say, then a little afterwards he heard laughter... The sweet sound of her laughter.

Bree's POV

"Uh, Thorne.. You've been staring at me for the past minute" She said and laughed. She noticed that he probably realised Vance was there too.

"Vance stayed over last night" She said, he gave her a jealous look and nodded.

"Oh, I figured. I can smell him pretty well"

At some point, Vance couldn't take his hunger anymore. He slowly walked out of Bree's room and tiptoed into the kitchen, making sure to crouch behind the counters so nobody could see him. He grinned and opened a cabinet, looking around. Licking his lips, he looked over the possible choices he could choose from. Then, hearing Thorne's voice, he growled under his breath as his emerald eyes narrowed in irritation. Vance furrowed his brow and moved a few boxes of snacks around, trying to ignore the other wolf's annoying voice. But, Vance had promised Bree he would trust her. So, that being said, he scanned the snacks one more time before grabbing a small package and closing the cabinet quietly. He sat on the kitchen floor with his back against the fridge, and started eating from the package slowly, listening to Thorne quietly.

Thorne's POV

"You guys are still together?" He asked, jealousy in his voice.

She nodded.

"How positive are you about being with him?"

"Absolutely positive"

"How absolute"

"As absolute as absolute can be"

He flopped down with his arms across his chest, glaring around. Then he switched the television on.

Bree's POV

She looked over at him, he was mad and jealous too for that matter. She sighed and then sat down beside him. She ruffled his hair in a friendly manner and smiled.

"I'm sure you'll find the right girl one day, she's out there looking to find you too" She said.

"But that girl's you"

Vance raised an eyebrow as he heard Thorne question Bree... a lot. A grin appeared on his face as he shook his head. So, Thorne really was jealous. He sighed quietly and looked in the package, seeing a bit more fruit snacks inside. Popping another one into his mouth, he continued to listen as he hid. He trusted Bree, and he wasn't going to automatically assume that she would leave him. However, he felt his eyes widen when he heard Thorne say that she was the one for him. Scowling, Vance slowly looked over the counters into the living room, furrowing his brow.

"Like hell she is, jerk." Vance muttered softly to himself, pouting a bit as he watched the back of Thorne's head. Then, smirking, he grabbed a fruit snack from the package and threw it as hard as he could. He smiled happily as the satisfying "thunk" met his ears, the fruit snack having hit the back of Thorne's head. Laughing silently, Vance quickly ducked and hid behind the counters once more. If he heard Thorne say anything else about Bree being his mate, there would be more that Vance would throw at him... not just fruit snacks.

Thorne's POV

He reached up, nearby his ear and furrowed his eyebrow. "What was that?" He asked in confusion, but Bree shrugged her shoulders even though they both knew that it was probably Vance.

"Probably just the wind" Bree said finally after a couple of seconds of silence. They stood for a bit, his fingers brushing against hers. He clasped her hand gently in his finally when he felt her shivering.

"Do you feel warmer now?" He asked and she nodded.

Vance frowned even more. Thorne really was trying to push his buttons, and it took him all his willpower not to jump out and handle the male himself. However, he slowly stood back up and got the last fruit snack from the package. With a strong swing of his fist, he watched as it hit against the back of Thorne's neck, making him grin. He slowly walked to Bree's trashcan and threw the package away, crossing his arms across his chest. There, he leaned against the wall and watched the wolf carefully, his eyes narrowed.

Thorne's POV

He growls and then glared into the kitchen, or nothing since there was no one in there and Vance was probably hiding. He picked up the fruit snack and his stomach growled a little, just staring at it.

"Do you want me to make breakfast?" He heard Bree ask, she let go of his hand to go into the kitchen and he nodded.

"What would you like to eat?"

He stared around the cupboards and saw a packet of waffles. "Waffles?" He suggested and she nodded, making a start on breakfast. He sat down in the kitchen table.

Bree's POV

She began to make the waffles.

"Vance, you can come out from wherever you're hiding. We both know you're in here from the rustling in the cupboards and the magical flying fruit snacks that keep on coincidently hitting Thorne" She called out.

Vance grinned at Thorne's growling and leaned against the wall, watching a Bree began to make waffles. When he heard her calling for him to come out, he couldn't help but chuckle before making his way into the kitchen.

"Ah, you caught me~!" he drawled with a fake pout on his lips. His eyes searched the room until he saw Thorne. He barely glanced at the male before going to the counter near Bree, leaning his back against it. His smile widened when the aroma of waffles hit his nose. It had been a while since he'd ever had them.

"Oooh! Waffles! They smell so good! Do you need any help?" Vance asked, his eyes wide with a childish glint to them. His dirty blonde hair was sticking in all different directions as he looked at Bree, his smile stretching his lips.

Bree shook her head. "No thanks" She continued to make the waffles and then served them up on some plates. She didn't eat anything since she didn't feel that hungry.

"Hey Bree, I'm going swimming his afternoon. Do you want to come along?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure. Didn't we agree to let the other guys come too?" She asked, Thorne nodded.

She went upstairs and made a start on showering, washing her hair and getting dressed. She took a shower and then came out of the bathroom wearing the clothes she had picked out. She came out wearing her bathing suit underneath the dress she picked out. She walked downstairs and sat beside them both.

"You see how werewolves are real, are there any other supernaturals out there?"

Vance smiled when Bree walked out, stuffing another bite of waffles into his mouth neatly. He contemplated her question as he slowly chewed his food, furrowing his brow a bit. He had to think about it. Then, swallowing, he put down his fork and turned to look at her.

"Hmm... yeah. I'm pretty sure. A couple years back a clan of vampires decided to settle in, looking for some new prey. However, me and my pack took care of it, so they moved on. Uh," Vance paused, racking his brain. Then, he nodded and held up two fingers.

"Pixies and fairies. They're both real as well. Of course, they're harder to find and tend to keep away from ones that aren't their kind, but I've seen a few. They live in the trees of the forest and keep the plants healthy. Pixies are nasty ones, though. If they're mad it's better you don't get in their way." Vance chuckled before standing up and cleaning his plate. He then walked back to Bree and Thorne and sighed, placing a hand on the other male's shoulder.

"Speaking of swimming. If we're going to go, we've gotta get our swim trunks. Bree, you want to come with us? I'm sure Jess'll want to show you her swim suit before we actually go to the beach." he smiled softly, looking over at Bree. Vance laughed lightly before lifting his hand from Thorne's shoulder, ruffling Bree's hair ever so slightly.

Throne looked up from his waffles and smiled warmly at her. "You can travel in my back if you want, it'll be quicker since I'm the fastest in the pack" He bragged cheerfully. When he finished his plate he washed all of the dishes, even Vance's. When they were ready he was soon a large, brown wolf and was just up to Bree's arms. He bent over a little and then let her climb onto his back. Shorlty afterwards he ran out of the door, and they were at the pack's place a couple of seconds afterwards. He put her down and then shifted behind a bush, putting the shorts on that he tied around his leg.

Bree waited and then smile when Thorne came out. He wasn't wearing a shirt and you could see his muscles clearly now. All of the guys where well built... Even Thorne. She blushed and then quickly looked down. Why was she blushing?

Vance narrowed his eyes at Thorne before shifting into his own wolf form. He growled under his breath and ran ahead of the others, his dark grey pelt shimmering in the sun. Once they got to the pack, a few wolves ran to Vance and rubbed their noses against his neck and back, whining a bit. He closed his eyes in comfort, since he hadn't seen his pack for a while. Finally, Jason appeared and grinned, running his hand on top of Vance's head. The alpha leaned into the other male's touch before shifting back to his human form. He had no clothes on and simply stretched his arms over his head. Smiling, he caught the shorts that Jason tossed at him and rolled his eyes, slipping them on. Jason was already in his swim trunks, his hands crossed over his bare chest.

"Took you long enough! I almost went to get you guys." Jason said, flicking Vance's forehead. Vance scrunched his nose and put the male in a head-lock, ruffling his hair. Then, he felt as Jason pulled from his grasp, making his way to Jess. She smiled warmly at him and accepted her mate's embrace lovingly. Vance sighed and smiled at them before turning to look at his own mate. She looked like she was blushing, and his eyes made their way to Thorne, who had walked from the bushes without a shirt. Rolling his eyes, he walked toward her and embraced her from behind, pulling her against his bare chest.

"Aw~! So cute!" he cooed, nuzzling his face against her neck lovingly. She smelled amazing to him, and he enjoyed holding her in his arms.

Bree returned her attention to Vance when she was pulled into his arms, resting her head onto his bare chest. He was warm and she felt comfortable and happy in his warm arms. She closed her eyes for a bit and then held onto his hand. She opened her eyes again, he had muscles too just like the other guys. Even Jessy had muscles.

She had a lot of fun at the beach, it was a calming and peaceful experience. She padded into the cold water, the water springing up her legs. It was cold. She was in her bathing suit now.

Vance watched as Bree started walking into the water. His eyes were glued to her, and he was tempted to run after her and sweep her into his arms. However, he watched as Jess made her way to her and started making light conversation. Vance turned to look at Jason, who was gawking at his mate. Grinning, he flicked the male's forehead and tsked.

"I see you. If you stare anymore, I'm sure your eyeballs are going to pop out." Vance teased, smirking. Jason glared playfully at Vance before running to Jess, tackling her into the shallow water. She shrieked happily and laughed as she clung onto her mate desperately. Vance chuckled and jogged up to Bree, grinning at her. He wiggled his eyebrows before swiftly picking her up bridal style, twirling her in his arms before he started walking deeper into the water, until it was to his knees. He raised an eyebrow innocently and looked down at her.

"Hmm... what should I do? How does a quick dip sound?" he questioned out loud, tilting his head at Bree before pretending to drop her in the water. Of course, he didn't, holding her gently, but he wanted to scare her a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.