My Love, My Treasure [Serpentine and MoonStar]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bree returned the kiss and then wrapped her arms around him. Later on in the night she decided to get to know the rest of the pack who were sitting on logs together. She took the only seat left which was beside Thorne. He spoke to her a lot, and he seemed to be really friendly. She spoke back to him, and answered his questions about school and how she was finding the environment so far. She said it was okay, but the weather was a lot more dull compared to back home. He just chuckled.

Then she wondered why Vance chose her over every other person living on this world to be his mate. She was just so plain, there wasn't anything special about her with her long hair that reached up to her back and slightly tanned skin.

Vance laughed deeply at his pack members around him. They were all telling their own stories, and making jokes like a large family. His eyes widened when one of the children climbed onto his lap before grinning and running a hand along the child's head. As alpha, he was supposed to take charge, but he still had a big heart for his pack. They were his family. Vance then sat the child back down and watched as it went to it's mother, smiling softly. Suddenly, he felt arms wrap around his neck, pulling him off the log, in the light of the fire so that the others could see him. There, he was tackled by the wolf second in command, Jason. Vance laughed and continued to tumble around before pinning the male, hearing a few cheers from around him.

The alpha then stood back up and dusted himself off, smiling wide at his pack. He then turned his emerald eyes to Bree and winked at her before turning careful eyes to Thorne. He had a feeling the male wouldn't try and steal his mate, but he could never be too sure. Wiggling his eyebrows, Vance quickly made his way to Bree and bent down so that their faces were level, peppering her face with small quick kisses. That earned a few "oohs" from some of the males, to which he simply chuckled. "Sorry, I couldn't help it. You're so adorable!" he cooed, kissing her forehead a few times before smiling happily.

Bree giggled and then kissed him back. But her attention was drawn back to Thorne who started talking again.

"Do you want to go swimming with me after school? There's a really nice spot not too far from here. The weather is going to be good tomorrow" He suggested. He had already read the weather forecast in the local newspaper and they were finally getting a spot of sun.

"Okay. Sure. I think I still have a bathing suit" She said.

"Great" Thorne grinned.

Vance felt his attention pull toward Jason, who was smirking and motioning his eyes to Thorne. The alpha raised an eyebrow and looked to the said wolf, listening as he proposed to do something with Bree. His eyes narrowed slightly, but he set his jaw, holding his tongue. However, he did make his way back to the two and bent down until he was on his knees, looking up at his mate with big eyes. He laid his head in her lap and looked up at her, pouting a bit.

"Aw... you wouldn't go without me, would you? We could swim together!" he said happily, smiling wide as he gently grabbed her hand, kissing it. As if hearing, Jason made his way over with a ginger-haired girl, his arm wrapped around her waist. His smile was huge, and the girl giggled a bit.

"What's this I hear? Going swimming, are we? Mind if we join as well? It's not everyday I get to see Jess in a swimsuit." he said, winking to the girl in his arms. Vance rolled his eyes at them and looked back up at Bree. He nuzzled her hand with the side of his face and smiled hopefully.

"Please, Bree? It'll be fun if we all go together! Plus, I think you'll really like talking with Jess. She's a nice girl." Vance asked softly, his emerald eyes widened slightly with hope.

Bree looked over at Thorne's reaction and noticed that he looked quite annoyed and was glaring in Vance's direction. She looked back at Vance and then nodded. "Sure, I don't see why not. We can all go swimming" She said and noticed that Thorne put in a grin, but it looked pretty fake.

"Sure, do you want to see why tent before it gets dark?" Thorne suggested and stood up from the log, pointing over to a tent that was just in the distance.

"Okay" Bree said and stood up as well, following Thorne towards his tent. They sat around in his tent for a bit and talked a little. She looked around and smiled. His tent was pretty nice and she wondered what the other's looked like.

"How did you feel when Vance told you he was a werewolf?" Thorne asked.

"I wasn't afraid. I was normal about it. I'm very fascinated"

Vance laughed happily before standing up. He excused himself to his tent, not knowing that Bree had went into Thorne's tent with him. There, he started tidying up his things, making it quite presentable. He then began to lay out blankets on the ground so that the two could sleep next to each other. Vance grinned at the idea, and felt loved.

Jason raised an eyebrow as he watched Thorne. He was sneaky, that was for sure. However, when Bree followed him into his tent, the male set his jaw and held Jess close to him. Vance was Jason's close friend, and he was like a brother to him. Seeing the way Thorne was treating him because of his mate, he felt irritated. Excusing himself to Jess he walked to Thorne's tent and peeked inside before grinning happily.

"Hey you guys! I was wondering were you both ran off to! Bree, I take it you're enjoying yourself?" Jason asked, his smile growing soft as he stepped inside, not even caring about what Thorne thought. He glanced at the male, and narrowed his eyes before looking back at Bree.

"Oh, and one little word of advice. You might want to watch out around this one," Jason motioned to Thorne with his thumb before smirking. "He still doesn't have a mate, so be careful. Vance wouldn't really like it knowing you're in here." he warned, smiling gently.

Bree stood up and left Thorne's tent, smiling. "Okay. Goodnight Thorne" She said and then started to walk away, sitting on one of the logs. She was deep in thought. Would she ever become a werewolf one day? How would their future plan out? She wondered. She was happy with being a human, but she wondered what it was like to be a werewolf. She glanced at Vance who was setting out two blankets, she guessed it was for them both.

Since she didn't have any nightwear she just decided to sleep in the clothes she already had on. She settled down on one of the blankets and then looked up at Vance. "Goodnight, I love you so much"

Vance watched as Bree laid down on one of the blankets he set out, smiling softly. She looked beautiful, but even that wasn't a strong enough word that he could use to describe her. He stood up and closed the tent flap before making his way to the blanket next to hers. Grabbing another blanket, he gently draped it over her and ran a hand over her soft hair.

"Goodnight... I love you too. More than anything and everything. If you get too cold, don't hesitate to lay closer to me. I'll make sure to keep you warm." Vance said softly, winking at her before chuckling and laying on his own blanket, his arms under his head. Since he was a werewolf, he was naturally warm, so he didn't really need to rely on using blankets like a human. However, he did like to use them sometimes.

"Sorry it isn't as comfortable as you might be used to... but I hope you sleep well, nonetheless. I hope you liked meeting my family." Vance said softly, feeling his face warm up slightly in embarrassment. He was just glad that the tent was dark so that she would have trouble seeing the red color adorning his face.

Bree shifted closer to him anyways. He was pretty warm, she intertwined their hands together and then looked around his tent. It was so cosy. "I loved meeting your family, their so nice!" She comments and giggled softly. "I'm really excited about going swimming" She leaned over and kissed his cheek, ruffling his hair. "Goodnight" With that, she fell asleep. A lot happened that day, and she was so tired.

[Next morning]

Bree woke up, her wavy hair was sprawled all over the tent. She bet she looked horrible. She did her best to brush out her wavy hair with her fingers before Vance saw her.

Vance heard rustling and grinned, keeping his eyes closed. After a few more seconds, he opened an emerald eye and looked over Bree as she tried to brush her fingers through her hair. At the sight, he ended up chuckling, closing his eye once more. Sitting up, he opened his eyes and ran a hand through his hair, his legs crossed as he tilted his head at his mate. Leaning forward, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, pressing a kiss against her cheek.

"Aw... you're so cute! You don't have to worry about your hair in front of me. You're beautiful anyway." he complimented, cuddling Bree close from behind. He held her for a little while longer before slowly standing up, hiding behind a curtain to get changed. He walked from the curtain wearing a tight plain black shirt that stretched over a dark pair of blue jeans. He ruffled his hands through his hair before smiling at Bree.

"Alright, I'm ready if you are! Jason, Thorne, and Jess are going to walk with us, since they also go to our school. We'll wait until you get dressed and ready, unless you want to ride the bus. The four of us always walk to school, so you can join us if you want." Vance explained, walking to her and tilting his head to the side, grabbing her hands gently. His emerald eyes gazed at her lovingly before he pressed his lips against her forehead.

Bree kissed his cheek and then nodded. When they were heading for her house she went inside and was greeted by her mother who was at the kitchen table, sipping some coffee and reading the local newspaper. She looked up from her paper and smiled warmly, getting up and hugging her daughter.

"Hey! How was the sleepover?" She asked.

"It was fun!" Bree replied. "I'm going to get dressed for school, then I'm going to walk to school with a couple of friends. They don't ride on the school bus"

Her mother nodded and Bree wandered upstairs. She for ready, washing her hair whilst she showered. When she was done with showering and drying her hair and body, she got dressed.

She dressed herself in a white long sleeved top which she tucked into a blue skirt. She wore tights as well with it and some white shoes. She did her hair and makeup then headed downstairs, saying goodbye to her mom and then went outside.

Jason had Vance in a head-lock when Bree walked outside. Vance's eyes widened as his heartbeat rammed against his rib cage. She was so gorgeous and lovely, shining brighter than the sun that was in the sky. He struggled out of the hold Jason had on him, which was tightened when Jason realized he was getting away, and made his way to Bree. He grinned happily as his hair stuck up in different directions, wrapping his arms around her waist and twirling her,

"Bree, you look absolutely amazing!" Vance gushed, setting her down. He gently grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers, chuckling a bit. Then, he kissed her nose and forehead, grinning as he did so.

"Alright, love-birds! Let's get a move on!" Jason called out as he wrapped an arm around Jess' shoulders. Vance sighed and rolled his eyes before snaking his arm around Bree's waist raising his eyebrow. "Shall we?" he asked, chuckling once more.

Bree nodded and then placed her head onto his shoulder as they walked. When they got to school she tried to pay zero attention to all font he stares they both got. She even ignored the glares she got from some girls. When the bell went she walked to class and sat down as she got her textbooks out.

"So. Are you and Vance dating?" A girl asked who sat in front of her.

"Yes" Bree replied and smiled.

That was the one question everyone asked throughout the whole day. When all of her lessons ended and the last bell rung, she headed over to her locker and Nathan was there.

"Hey" She said.

"Hi. I saw you and Vance together today" He said, he looked quite angry.

Throughout the day, Vance ignored the girls that seemed to eye him. They weren't anything special to him, only Bree. At the glares she was constantly receiving, he sent small glares of his own their way, and that's how the whole morning went. He sat in his seat as the bell rang and instantly, two girls walked to his desk, frowns and furrowed brows appearing on their faces. Vance sighed audibly and leaned back in his chair, twirling a pencil between his fingers as he raised an eyebrow.

"Hm? You girls need anything?" he asked, already knowing what they were going to ask.

"Are you and that new girl dating, Vance?" one girl asked, her eyes narrowing slightly. Vance closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. He had been asked the same question five times already.

"Yeah, we are. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get my work done." he said bluntly, leaning forward to do his work as the girls looked at him with open mouths.

After classes were over, Vance carried the books to his locker before putting them inside and shutting it. A few girls tried talking to him, but he simply held up his hand. The news would travel the school fast enough for them to find out. His eyes narrowed as he saw Nathan at Bree's locker. Running a hand through his hair, he was close enough to hear him say something about Vance and Bree being together. Smirking, Vance saw the angry look on Nathan's face and rolled his eyes. In a matter of seconds, he was behind Bree as his arms reached around her waist, pulling her against his chest.

"Well, I guess you aren't blind then." Vance said as he placed his chin on Bree's left shoulder, grinning.

Bree was then gently pulled in the distance by Nathan who stood there, talking to her. He had an angry expression on his face.

"One day you're kissing me, then you're all over Vance over there and not to mention Thorne being around you all the time. What's wrong with you?" He snapped at her, "You some kind of a magnet?"

"N-no.." She whispered and then chewed on her bottom lip.

Vance growled as he heard the way Nathan was talking to Bree. He made his way in between the two and pulled Nathan by his collar, slamming the male's back onto the lockers. He bared his teeth and narrowed his dark emerald eyes, lifting his chin to show dominance. Other students stopped and started to stare, but Vance didn't care.

"Don't you dare talk to her that way, you yapping bastard!" Vance snarled, his knuckles on his hand turning white from how tight he was holding onto the other's shirt. He towered over Nathan by a few inches, and he glared at him with icy eyes. "Go on, pretty boy. Swing, I dare you." Vance taunted, setting his jaw as other students looked to see what the fuss was about.

Bree shoved Vance a little. "That's enough. We didn't need any of this, we were just having a conversation" She glared at them both. But her eyes softened at Nathan, she checked to see if he was alright after everything, which he was. She sighed and looked down then back at him. "I'm sorry about all of this" She shut her locker and quickly headed out of school. She felt like she wanted to disappear, or move back to her old school.

Vance immediately let go when he felt Bree shove him a bit. His eyes widened as he stepped away from Nathan, watching her. He frowned and sighed, feeling like he messed up. Again, he let his emotions take over, and it made his mate upset with him. Vance continued to look at her back before he felt his feet move after her. He followed her until they were outside before he ran in front of her, putting his hands on her shoulders to stop her.

"Bree, wait." Vance said quickly, his eyes wide, almost like he was pleading for her to listen.

"I'm so sorry, Bree. I let my emotions get the better of me, and I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I just... when another guy talks to you like that, or puts his hands on you... I get upset. I feel so selfish because I don't want other guys to look at you like I do. I'm afraid that someone's going to steal you away from me. So, I really am sorry for how I reacted. I was out of line..." Vance's frown deepened and he kept eye contact with Bree, hoping she wouldn't be mad at him. He gently gripped her shoulders and felt his chest rise and fall as he breathed.

Bree looked into his eyes, but then turned away from him. She just nodded, but without any emotion. She chewed on her lip and stood thinking for a while. She was supposed to be here for a new start, yet she felt like her parent's decisions on moving to a new country were wrong. She started to walk home, but then stopped at a corner store and got herself some candy. The candy didn't make her feel better but at least she could stop herself from thinking about the problem that lay straight ahead of her for a couple of minutes.

She felt a drop of rain plop into her nose, she rubbed her nose and looked up at the sky. It looked like it was going to rain. She go up and threw her candy wrapper in the bin and decided to jog her way home before she got soaked.

Vance watched as she walked away, causing him to sigh. He felt like his heart was slowly starting to break. A hand gripped his shoulder firmly, and he turned his sad eyes to Jason, who simply looked at him before patting his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Vance. She just needs some time. Let her think things over." he said gently, looking over the alpha with saddened eyes. He had never seen Vance look so upset before, in all the years of working and growing up beside him. Vance slowly nodded as it began to pour, instantly soaking through his clothes. Jason cursed under his breath and looked over Vance once more before going inside the school to get Jess.

'Good going, Vance... you're already screwing things up.' Vance thought to himself. He sighed and ran a hand through his soaked hair and walked to the trees near the school. He didn't feel like going back to the pack at that moment. He felt sick at the thought of Bree being upset with him. Vance slowly sat next to a tree, pulling his knees up to his chest as the rain continued to fall on him. He didn't care. The rain was the least of his worries. Eventually, Jason, Jess, and Thorne walked out of the school, seeing him. However, instead of getting up to leave, Vance ignored their pleas to go back to the pack.

"I'll be there in a little bit... I just--I just want to be alone right now. Jason, watch over the pack until I get back." he said softly, his deep voice monotone as he looked at the wet grass underneath him, feeling each drop of rain that fell on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.