My Love, My Treasure [Serpentine and MoonStar]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bree grinned and then nodded. "I'm going to visit him after school and tell him how school went. Maybe sometime you can meet him too. The wolves around here are pretty friendly.. But I've only met one. There could be others" She then left school and looked over at Vance, blushing.

"Thanks for letting me hang out with you today" She said. "Bye"

[Later That Day]

Bree ate dinner and then went out onto the beach. She sat down on the sand and then watched as a dude about her age walk over to her and sit down beside her.

"You okay? I saw you sitting around here for a while" He said.

She shook her head. "I just finished my first day at school and I'm just thinking about everything" She said and looked over at him. He was good looking and had brown hair, he was pretty tall as well.

"I'm Nathan" He said and extended his hand.

She shook his hand and smiled warmly. "I'm Bree"

Vance laid in his cot and sighed, running his hands over his face. He didn't know how long he could wait before telling her she was his mate. It bugged him terribly, and he growled, gripping his hair in his hands. However, a strange scent mixed with that of Bree's. The beach wasn't that far from the small bit of forest that Vance's pack was in, so he could just barely smell his mate.

Growling lowly, he knew what he smelled. Another male. Vance stood up and stormed out of his tent, running in a full sprint to the beach. He stopped when he saw Bree sitting next to an unknown male. His teeth were bared as he fought to control himself, trying to keep himself from lunging at the random male. Instead, Vance took a deep breath, his eyes cold as he walked near them. Plastering on a fake smile, Vance squatted and poked Bree's arm, his eyes looking toward the male. Although he was smiling, the smile never reached his eyes, as they held dominance.

"Ah, Bree! Didn't think I'd see you here. You enjoying the beach?" Vance asked, turning his eyes to Bree, his smile genuine when looking towards her. He didn't even want to acknowledge the other male, because he was sure that his self-control to not hit him was narrowing thin.Vance allowed his eyes to travel to the male, however, and his emerald eyes narrowed ever so slightly before making their way back to Bree's face.

Bree nodded. "Hey" She said. Her and Nathan had been talking for ages. She found out he also went to the same school, but they had different classes. She say on the beach with him, staring out into the ocean with him whilst they talked. He was funny, sweet and very kind. She didn't expect to see Vance here, how did he know she was even at the beach? Must've been a coincidence. She was glad they could all hang out together but so it seemed tensions were running high and they both probably wouldn't get along. Nathan stood up and extended his hand to him, she took hold of it.

"Shall I walk you home?"

"Yeah"

Vance felt shudders of rage run along his spine. He watched as Nathan took her hand and he just about lost it. Vance set his jaw and narrowed his eyes, their emerald color darkening as his alpha instincts started to kick in. He listened as Nathan, the male, asked to take her home. And... she agreed. Immediately, something in Vance seemed to crack and he walked up to Nathan, ripping his hand away from Bree's.

"Keep your hands off." he snarled, grimacing at the male as he lifted his chin in dominance. A deep sort of growl rumbled in his throat and throughout his chest, his emerald eyes flashing. "Don't you touch her." he warned, his eyes narrowing into a deadly glare as he moved to stand in front of Bree. Vance straightened his back and pulled back his shoulders protectively, setting his jaw.

Bree looked shocked and she moved away from Vance. She pushed him slightly but obviously he wouldn't budge. "Stop it, what's gotten into you?" She asked Vance and shook her head, she took hold of Nathan's hand again and started to walk home with him.

"I'm sorry about that Nathan, I don't know whats up with him today. He was so much happier today at school" She sighed. Nathan told her not to worry about it. When he dropped her home, he said goodbye. Before she knew it, he crushed her lips to his. She felt herself blush, but kissed I'm back and pulled away. Her first kiss.

Vance felt like his heart shattered slightly in his chest. She... had pushed him away. His emerald eyes were wide with hurt and he watched as they walked away, leaving him to look like a fool. He growled and cried out in anger, walking into the forest. He kicked his foot out and snapped a tree, watching as it toppled over. It still wasn't enough. The fury inside of his chest, as well as the aching pain made it almost unbearable. Vance slowly sank to his knees and dug his fingers into the ground, taking deep breaths. Finally, he stood up and walked outside of the forest, just in time to see them kiss. Vance's eyes widened in shock, watching as she kissed him back. He couldn't take it anymore. His alpha instincts took over, and he found himself dashing toward the two, yanking Nathan back by his collar and dragging him a ways from Bree before tossing him to the ground.

"You bastard! She's mine, got it?! My mate!" Vance shouted, his eyes deadly as he spat the words like venom. He didn't care if Nathan was a nice guy, he was touching his mate. He growled deeply, and bared his teeth, squatting to grab Nathan's collar once more. Even Vance himself was surprised that he hadn't shifted into his wolf form yet. Especially with how mad he was.

"So... I'd really appreciate it if you kept your hands off of her. This is my last warning, pal." Vance said calmly, his voice cool and normal, but his eyes telling another story as he gripped the collar in his fist. They were a darkened emerald color and they weren't friendly at all.

"Put him down!" Bree snapped and then shoved Vance, he only made the slightest bit of movement this time. She glared at him and then checked to see if Nathan was okay. She let him wait outside of her house and then got a first aid box out, when sh was done helping him she said goodbye and said she'd see him at school the next day. Her eyes soon turned into a glare and she looked at Vance.

"What the heck is wrong with you? Why would you do that?" She snapped.

Hearing Bree angry, Vance only set his jaw and turned a slight glare onto her. He waited until Nathan was gone before he leaned forward a bit, his eyes narrowed. His chest was rising and falling and he was trying to control himself. The last thing he wanted to do was yell at his mate, but it didn't quite turn out that way.

"Didn't you hear a single word that came out of my mouth?! You're mine, Bree! Nobody else's, okay? And don't even bother to say that I'm delirious over some hopeless crush. It's much more complicated that." Vance snarled and ran his hands through his dirty blonde hair. He hunched over a bit and took in deep breaths before lifting his head again.

"Why do I even bother? It's not like you'll understand anyway..." Vance said softly. His anger slowly started to dissipate, leaving behind slight sorrow. His emerald eyes locked with Bree's, and they were filled with hurt as he frowned. Slowly, he walked up to her and held out a hand before stopping. He wanted to hug her, embrace her. His eyes took on more sorrow before he gingerly placed a strand of her hair behind her ear. He wished badly that she would understand how he felt. How much he cared for her.

"I'm not anybody's" Bree said firmly. "I didn't expect you to go all crazy and mad because I so happened to kiss a guy!" She sighed and then crossed her arms, returning back his glare.

"I would understand.. But you didn't even tell me you liked me" She said softly, her glare soon dropping. She felt him place a strand of her hair behind her ear and she felt a blush steaming onto her cheeks. She felt tone between them both. She loved them both equally, someone might see it as cheesy and stupid but she really did. They were both amazing people, and they seemed to care about her a lot. Instead she just stood there, and looked back at him, staring at his emerald eyes.

Vance chuckled slightly as the anger seemed to fade from the both of them. He searched her eyes and sighed softly, feeling more than upset that Nathan had stolen her first kiss. Thinking about what Bree had said, he felt his face become serious, with the exception of a soft smile that stretched his lips. "I think saying I 'like' you is the biggest understatement of the year." he said softly, closing his eyes and pressing his forehead against hers. Then, he took in a deep breath before placing his hands on her shoulders, pulling his face away before pressing his lips against her forehead. After Nathan had kissed her lips, Vance didn't want to seem like he was showing off by kissing her right afterward. Instead, he decided to take it slower than the other male, unless Bree wanted different.

"Actually... if you want to understand me... I could show you something. But, if I do, you have to promise not to freak out or hate me, okay? That would break my heart." he said softly, lifting his hand and pressing it against her cheek, caressing it gently with his thumb. If she accepted, Vance would end up showing her who he really was... an alpha werewolf of a pack.

Bree couldn't be mad at Vance, he was one of those dudes who you could only be mad at for a couple of seconds. She grabbed his hand and then blushed. "Sure. You can show me, I won't hate you" She said. She felt the wind fly past them and she couldn't help but notice how warm his hand was.. She couldn't even feel the cold of the wind. She ran a hand through her dark hair and stared up at him.. Maybe he really did like her. He seemed to treat her as if she was his world and he did get super mad when Nathan kissed her. Maybe she did mean a lot to him? Having a boyfriend or love life wasn't really a big thing for Bree, but since she was goi along in high school she couldn't help but notice that some of the other students had boyfriends. She still didn't even have a boyfriend, even though her best friends back home even had one or at least dated. But when she met Vance, it was different. She didn't admit it because she didn't expect him to be interested in her.. But just then when she placed her hand in his she felt like they were meant to be.

Vance sighed in relief and intertwined his fingers with hers, feeling slightly nervous. He then gently started to lead her into the woods, deep so that nobody could see him shift. The nerves only seemed to build over the time that passed, and Vance swallowed, keeping his face calm. Despite being an alpha, werewolves only had one mate their entire lives. They never feel in love again after their first love, and so they needed to do their absolute best not to screw it up. And Bree... Vance was absolutely positive that she was his one and only mate. The feeling he got when he first saw her, it made him feel like he would give his life to protect her own. He just prayed that seeing his wolf form wouldn't scare her, or make her uncomfortable. Once they were deep in the forest, a clearing appeared in front of them. Vance led Bree to the middle of the clearing before letting go of her hand. "Okay... now, close your eyes, and don't open them until I count to three." he whispered, searching her eyes before smiling softly.

He waited until she closed her eyes before taking quite a few steps away from her. "One..." he bent down onto his hands and knees, closing his eyes as he braced himself for the shift. "Two..." focusing his energy, Vance began to feel his body heat up as it started to change. "Three..." and finally, there he stood. In his alpha glory, dark gray pelt and all. Vance lifted his head proudly as he looked at Bree with the same loving emerald eyes. He made a small soft noise in his throat and took small steps toward her, anxious about what her reaction might be. Would she end up hating him after all? Would she be disgusted?

Bree gasped a little. It was the wolf from a couple of days ago, want it? She knelt down beside it and then placed a hand gently onto it's fur. Then she noticed the soft, emerald eyes that belonged to Vance. It was him.. He.. He was a werewolf! She gasped again and then stared at him a little, surprised. She wasn't scared though! She didn't hate him either, she loved him. He was such an incredibly perfect guy... Had she fallen in love? This wasn't just some silly crush, this was actual love. She felt tears slide down her cheeks, but she was smiling. They were years of joy. She was so overwhelmed by everything.

"You're the wolf.. Of course I'm not mad, it's so fascinating" Was all she could manage.

Vance leaned his head against Bree's touch, closing his eyes as his heart beat against his rib cage. He could sense her emotions and it made him feel incredibly happy. Seeing that she was crying, he gently licked the tears from her cheeks before nuzzling the side of her face with his head. Her words meant so much to him, she had no idea. Finally, Vance took a few steps from her and motioned to his back with his nose. Since he was alpha, he was a large wolf, which meant he could carry Bree. And at that moment, he wanted to show her his pack... his family. At the thought, Vance mentally smiled and if he could talk, he would be shouting with joy and embracing Bree. But, at that moment, he looked at her and waited to see if she would hop onto his back or not.

Bree let go of him and then climbed onto his back, his fur was so soft and he was so warm. She loved him a lot. She scratched gently behind his ears, just like the day she had first seen him and giggled. "I love you" She told him. He was a pretty big wolf, but she still wasn't scared of him. He had a beautiful look to him and his eyes were so gentle and warm when he looked at you. Those beautiful emerald eyes.

Hearing those three words leave her mouth, Vance's eyes widened. He couldn't believe it, he was so happy. His mate... told him she loved him. He wished desperately that he could've talked in that moment, to return the words. But instead, doing the one thing he did best, he lifted his head and howled. Soon afterward, Vance took off at a run, making sure to keep away from low branches so they wouldn't hit Bree. In a matter of minutes, they were in the small camp, and other wolves started to crowd in front of Vance, eyeing Bree. He gently lowered himself so that she could hop off of him before he disappeared into one of the largest tents. He returned quickly, dressed in simple blue jeans and a faded rock and roll T-shirt. Immediately the rest of the pack showed up, in their human form, looking over Bree.

"Alright everyone, listen close. This girl here, is my mate, Bree. I want you to treat her with as much respect as you treat me, and if I hear of anyone being disrespectful, there will be consequences." Vance voiced loudly, making sure that all of his pack members could hear. His voice was deep as it echoed against the trees, and the wolves nodded while the humans muttered a 'yes, sir'. Vance smiled slightly before turning to Bree. "And Bree... this is my family. My pack." he introduced, seeing many of the wolves in human form wave.

"Hey" Bree called out, waving. She looked up at Vance and smiled, taking hold of his hand. His warm, inhuman palm was now intertwined with her fragile human one. Her dark brown eyes locked with his emerald ones and she leaned up, kissing him on the cheek. She then thought of someone. Nathan. How would she tell him she didn't love him without hurting him? He was such a lovely, outgoing and friendly guy and she still wanted to be his friend but she didn't want being in a relationship to come between their friendship when she loved Vance, too. She loved Nathan as a friend, but she loved Vance like a boyfriend, future husband and would mate.. Even though that sounded really cheesy. She pushed Nathan out of her mind, she was having a lot of fun with Vance at the moment and focused on the pack. They all looked pretty good looking. The guys were tall and muscular, and the girls were very beautiful too.

"You got yourself a pretty mate, Vance" Said one of the males, he wasn't with anyone or so it seemed whilst the others were with one of the beautiful girls.

Bree blushed, deep red.

Vance looked toward the male that had spoken out, complimenting his mate. He raised an eyebrow and gently brought his arm around Bree's shoulder, holding her protectively against his chest. He was, indeed, alone. He was one of the few wolves in the pack who had no mate. Vance felt bad for the male, but that didn't mean that he'd let him hit on his mate. So, he smirked a bit before pressing a gentle kiss against the top of Bree's head, gently gripping her hand. Vance kept his eye on the male before giving a dry laugh.

"I'm not sure if you're trying to hit on her, or compliment her... but watch yourself, Thorne." Vance said calmly, however there was the hint of his alpha dominance that emanated from him. He looked over the rest of his pack and smiled slightly. They all looked slightly intrigued by his mate, considering he was alpha and all. Vance simply looked up at the sky, the sun lowering quite fast. He turned his emerald gaze back down to Bree's brown eyes, smiling softly.

"It's getting kind of late. Would you like me to take you home? However, if you would like to stay, I wouldn't mind sharing my cot with you." Vance said with a large smile, chuckling slightly. She was beautiful in his eyes, and the sun setting around them only made her stand out more. Vance's eyes softened as they continued looking at Bree, almost like he was entranced, before he pulled himself from his thoughts. Lifting his hand, he gently looped a strand of her hair around his finger before letting it go and repeating the process, tilting his head as he waited for her response.

"I'll stay here. But I have to call my parents first to make sure it's okay" Bree finally said and got out her mobile phone, calling.

She waited for a couple of seconds, and then she heard her mom's happy and cheerful voice on the end of the line when she picked up the phone. "Hey Mom, do you mind if I stay over at a friend's tonight?"

Her mom agreed, and was very glad that Bree was already making friends. She didn't tell her mom just yet that Vance was her love and she was his soul mate. She said she'd be there early in the morning to get ready for school and then she said goodbye.

She looked over at Vance. "She said yes"

Vance nodded patiently and waited for Bree to finish her call with her parents. He smiled to himself, feeling more than ecstatic that she was going to stay with him. He watched her face, his arms crossed over his chest. The other pack members were chatting to themselves, and the mothers went to put their pups to bed. He turned his eyes to them, watching them closely, to make sure everything was okay, before he heard Bree's voice. He turned back to look at her and smiled widely.

"Really? That's great! I'll take you home early in the morning, alright?" Vance said, chuckling as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. His emerald eyes searched hers before he leaned forward and kissed her nose. Of course, he felt like kissing her more than anything, but he wouldn't force anything on her. Then, as if remembering something, he looked up at the sky and saw the orange and pink colors of the sunset. He looked back down at Bree and smiled softly.

"By the way... I love you too." Vance whispered, lifting his hand to tuck her hair behind her ear, much like he had done earlier, his emerald eyes softening as he looked over her lovingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.