• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uh... What was I doing?" Saitama repeated the question, as though wondering himself. They didn't even have an exact timetable just yet of when she did die, so either way, it was a somewhat difficult question to answer.

Flashback...

VKnc51A.png

"Oh, yeah. I was helping myself to the food. The sausage there was killer."

"Uh, I mean, it was really good."

@CCC Kouhai
Mary shook her head as she heard Saitama speak. "That's a lie..." The little girl wanted to test him to make sure that he... no, everyone knew what was happening at the time of the murder. "We were all locked in our rooms at the time, remember?"

@Verite

"Magical sewing needle?" To Kieran, that sounded rather neat! What if it did the sewing for you? "Er, doesn't Idoun tend to... fantasize? Oh! Oh! As for the table...! ... I got nothing."

@york @Sen

Jade let out a chuckle at the exchange between Mary and Saitama.

MUCPfEW.png

"She does have a point. You were locked in your rooms at the time of the murder. That is, unless you really did steal Rita's key as accused."

@Verite @CCC Kouhai

"Uh... What was I doing?" Saitama repeated the question, as though wondering himself. They didn't even have an exact timetable just yet of when she did die, so either way, it was a somewhat difficult question to answer.

Flashback...

VKnc51A.png

"Oh, yeah. I was helping myself to the food. The sausage there was killer."

"Uh, I mean, it was really good."

@CCC Kouhai
tumblr_inline_n69z56Vno51re9spw.png

"Huh? The sausage was the bad guy?"

@IDK​

Mary shook her head as she heard Saitama speak. "That's a lie..." The little girl wanted to test him to make sure that he... no, everyone knew what was happening at the time of the murder. "We were all locked in our rooms at the time, remember?"

@Verite
"Magical sewing needle?" To Kieran, that sounded rather neat! What if it did the sewing for you? "Er, doesn't Idoun tend to... fantasize? Oh! Oh! As for the table...! ... I got nothing."

@york @Sen

MUCPfEW.png

"She does have a point. You were locked in your rooms at the time of the murder. That is, unless you really did steal Rita's key as accused."

@Verite @CCC Kouhai

Gaster was suddenly behind Mary as she spoke

gaster_face_2_by_arcbuild-d9if71n.png

we were?

I RECALL HAVING A GREAT CHAT WITH LADY MELODIA WHEN THE MURDER HAPPENED!!

HOW PECULIAR

Gaster gave Melodia a look

@Verite @CCC Kouhai @Atomyk

@Verite

@york @Sen

MUCPfEW.png

@Verite @CCC Kouhai
"Oh."

7Jza9Us.png

"Okay."

Despite the mess up that would likely have made someone else sweat bullets from the possibility that their mistake due to not remembering things right would get them in trouble, Saitama simply kept a stone, deadpan face.

"Guess I got my timeline mixed up then."

So much for that.

@CCC Kouhai @Atomyk

Melodia looked around briefly, a slight frown appearing on her face. Jade sighed, waving off what Gaster said.

g8L5duQ.png

"I'm afraid you also have your timelines mixed up. Or..." A slight smile appeared on his face. "You were all definitely locked in your rooms... except for the killer, of course."

@Verite @CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT

The little girl screamed as she heard the skeleton looking thing behind her. Mary took several multiple steps away from the scary thing as she tried to calm herself down.

"Y-Yes! I believe everyone was locked at least..." She looked at the ground momentarily, speaking softly again.

"Unless the killer managed to get ou-"

But it seemed like the guy with glasses spoke over her, leaving the child silent again. She tried to help, but it seemed like they were getting nowhere with everyone confusing her.

@Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Atomyk @Alyto @The Great Detective @The Yuletide Tactician @Sen @Atomyk @DapperDogman @Mari
@ EVERYONE​

elebbCu.png

Brad was kinda cold...

But never mind that. There were more important things to focus on. He lingered near the back of the group at large while they speculated and tossed out questions, grim visage betraying no thought or emotion, looking vacant as though his mind was somewhere else entirely. This was it, then. The summit of their evening, the climax. The apotheosis of the investigation. Everything they worked for, everything they learned, was to be put to use here. Those on the outside would be left thinking this was all for show, but them up on the stage knew otherwise. It was real. It had all been leading up to this. Either they caught a murderer... Or they didn't.

xSKnqK4.png

He... Had no idea who did it. None. No fucking clue.

God dammit.

worthless.

"..."

Almost of their own accord, his eyes wandered to scan the gathered crowd and look for Junko's strawberry blonde head of hair among them. He had been a little distant when they parted ways earlier, even more than usual; He recognized the look in her eye when he said what he said, and while he didn't know what it stemmed from or what she was thinking... He understood the weight of it. The significance. That girl had her own troubles. She deserved better than to be dragged down by hearing his, too.

f a i l u r e.

"..."

When that other woman started rambling on about parenthood, about how ultimately all mothers and fathers acted with their kids' best interests in mind, was around when Brad stopped listening. What a load of bullshit. Parents were people, same as everyone else. There were good kinds and bad kinds. It was nice that some people were privileged enough to be born to good, caring couples, but there was always another side to the coin. The no-shows. The monsters. The ones who pelted you with beer bottles and did horrible things to your sister for years while the house festered and fell to shit around them.

n o b o d y.

"... No."

His voice was so soft only he could hear it, his lips barely parting somewhere in the wild mass that was his beard, his somber gaze dropping from Junko if he did manage to find her. The past was in the past. This was now. And now, he couldn't afford to be a failure... Not when people needed him not to be.

"... We're jumping the tracks here."

It was the first time he'd spoken during the mock trial, his voice grizzled and haggard as he walked over to the center of proceedings. "There's no point accusing people until we have a more solid picture of what happened... That's like playing Hangman and trying to guess the word without filling any letters in. Fact is, right now we're all just a collection of lunatics, suspects, and dipshits." The old martial arts instructor stared directly at Saitama for that last word.

"With so many of us here... There's no avoiding inconsistencies in our stories. And there's gonna be too many of those for trying to catch 'em all out to be any good to us. If we're going to look at what adds up and what doesn't... We need to look more narrowly."

He turned to face the audience, head tilted slightly downwards and worn fists clenched.

"... I don't think the killer could've done this without help. It's been too convenient. Workers who would've been witnesses otherwise, out of the picture. Doorways to places that don't make sense. And... I think whoever helped them is someone who had a hand in setting this whole thing up. So here's the thing. I want Jade, Idoun, Rowen and the penguin with the scarf to come up here."

He paused for a moment, letting his proclamation sink in. This was easily the most the man had spoken since the evening's beginning.

"Tell us why we shouldn't suspect you. Tell us what you've been doing since the night kicked off. Who you've seen. Who you've spoken to. If it all checks out, you have nothing to worry about."

And if it didn't... Then they could start making accusations.

Honestly, he didn't know whether he was barking up the right tree or not. He just hoped this'd help lay things out. Shed some light on what happened.

@CCC Kouhai @Verite @Hazel-rah @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T. @DapperDogman @york @The Silver Paladin @Savannah-Clause @The Great Detective @The Yuletide Tactician @Alyto @Atomyk @Jeremi @Everyone​

"Yeah, go Brad!" Junko yelled from the audience.

"Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions a bit, Mr. Armstrong? Let's get a few things straight first--"

rrnYnPf.png

Jade let out a deep breath, raising a hand in the air toward the audience. "I feel there's a lot of confusion in the air, don't you? I think I'll have to step in and try and make this all fit together where our investigators can not!" Jade then moved his hand to gesture toward the Bogeyman. "This man was seen on the scaffolding when Rita was fixing the lights of the ballroom, apparently scaring her. After she finished her job, she came to me. I sent her on her way once again, but she ran into..." Jade pointed to Jen. "This lovely guest. Rita's costume got ruined, so she..." Jade then pointed out into the audience, finding Idoun. "Gave her costume to Idoun, who stole it. Why? I believe she lost it, no? Our killer must have taken Idoun's key."

Touching at his glasses, Jade then looked to Saitama. "With her key missing, she accused this guest, before coming to me for a replacement. I sent her to find the spare, but..." Jade held up a finger. "This was moments before I announced who our investigators were to be. They were gathered to their rooms and locked in. Our killer, presumably using the key taken from Idoun, unlocked their door and... well, I don't know what happened beyond this point."

htGIV6F.png

"Wait, wait!" Kieran held up a hand. "Around that time, I was in the offices, hiding from the Prinnies. Wadanohara and the shark helped me sneak past the Prinnies, because you declined to put me on the guest list after inviting me here!" Jade only smiled in response, prompting an annoyed grunt from Kieran. "Some of the Prinnies got distracted and maybe that assisted the killer... If so, I didn't mean it, really! Captain-Commander Kieran sticks by his word!"

"Whatever you say, Kieran~ Now... presumably the killer did the deed then returned to their room before the rooms were unlocked, or at least blended in with everyone at the time. That is where we are currently at. One of the people on this stage killed Rita. But how? Why? What are our clues?"

"Dood!"

TPpv3D5.png

His red scarf billowing behind him, a Prinny jumped on stage. "I know the clues, boss! The girl was found in front of a broken mirror and surrounded by shards of the mirror, doods! Her throat was slashed, probably by one of the mirror shards! There was a sewing needle found by the body! And, doods, there was a bruise on the girl's chin! The gem on her necklace was broken... and when we took it off, there was a blistered puncture wound on her neck, doods!"

"And the burned table?"

"Oh... yeah, boss! There was a burned table in the lobby too!"

"Furthermore, what was found in Rita's room...?"

@Verite @CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Sen @The Yuletide Tactician @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Alyto @The Great Detective @OrlandoBloomers @Hana @Hazel-rah
@Everyone

Last edited:

"Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions a bit, Mr. Armstrong? Let's get a few things straight first--"

rrnYnPf.png

Jade let out a deep breath, raising a hand in the air toward the audience. "I feel there's a lot of confusion in the air, don't you? I think I'll have to step in and try and make this all fit together where our investigators can not!" Jade then moved his hand to gesture toward the Bogeyman. "This man was seen on the scaffolding when Rita was fixing the lights of the ballroom, apparently scaring her. After she finished her job, she came to me. I sent her on her way once again, but she ran into..." Jade pointed to Jen. "This lovely guest. Rita's costume got ruined, so she..." Jade then pointed out into the audience, finding Idoun. "Gave her costume to Idoun, who stole it. Why? I believe she lost it, no? Our killer must have taken Idoun's key."

Touching at his glasses, Jade then looked to Saitama. "With her key missing, she accused this guest, before coming to me for a replacement. I sent her to find the spare, but..." Jade held up a finger. "This was moments before I announced who are investigators were to be. They were gathered to their rooms and locked in. Our killer, presumably using the key taken from Idoun, unlocked their door and... well, I don't know what happened beyond this point."

htGIV6F.png

"Wait, wait!" Kieran held up a hand. "Around that time, I was in the offices, hiding from the Prinnies. Wadanohara and the shark helped me sneak past the Prinnies, because you declined to put me on the guest list after inviting me here!" Jade only smiled in response, prompting an annoyed grunt from Kieran. "Some of the Prinnies got distracted and maybe that assisted the killer... If so, I didn't mean it, really! Captain-Commander Kieran sticks by his word!"

"Whatever you say, Kieran~ Now... presumably the killer did the deed then returned to their room before the rooms were unlocked, or at least blended in with everyone at the time. That is where we are currently at. One of the people on this stage killed Rita. But how? Why? What are our clues?"

"Dood!"

TPpv3D5.png

His red scarf billowing behind him, a Prinny jumped on stage. "I know the clues, boss! The girl was found in front of a broken mirror and surrounded by shards of the mirror, doods! Her throat was slashed, probably by one of the mirror shards! There was a sewing needle found by the body! And, doods, there was a bruise on the girl's chin! The gem on her necklace was broken... and when we took it off, there was a blistered puncture wound on her neck, doods!"

"And the burned table?"

@Verite @CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Sen @The Yuletide Tactician @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Alyto @The Great Detective @OrlandoBloomers @Hana @Hazel-rah
@Everyone

xSKnqK4.png

"Fuck right off, mate."

Damn... He was no good at this shit.

At least Junko supported him.

@the gods of shame​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jeremi
Idoun stayed where she was at the back of the room, staring at the wall. She didn't bother complying with Brad's suggestion. Rowen stood from his seat and said, "I'm afraid I'm not sure offering all of that information will be of much use. But, I can try." Rowen began to navigate toward the stage.

CceZfaK.jpg

Jade's amusement seemed to be soaring as he looked upon Brad now. What an intriguing suggestion! "If you're hoping to pinpoint which guest spoke to us all throughout the evening, I have to wonder... if any of us was working with the killer, would we really be so bold as to talk to them much at all? At a party? Hmm... I spoke with Hajime, did I not? And.. Saitama? My, so many people in one evening... as said before, I told Rita to get a new key before setting you all up in your rooms. Between that time and when I met you in the lobby, I was out here, where many people can vouch for me. I did not kill the girl."

MsHuwtD.png

"I'm afraid I didn't do much of note either," Rowen said upon taking the stage. "I spoke to... ah, a man in golden armor, that's right. I saw a strange man at the bar drinking rather excessively... but beyond that..." Pausing, Rowen looked pained for a moment. He wasn't able to say he was the intended victim on stage. "I was upstairs from where the murder presumably occurred. The sounds of the party masked whatever struggle did happen... I'm so very sorry."

"... Dood."

WrQLtvR.gif

"I'm innocent, dood!"

@Everyone

Jeen was feeling pretty out of it. Despite being robbed of his drinking buddy, again, he was decidedly intoxicated. Not belligerently so, but he was getting pretty tired of getting pulled every which way all night, for the sake of an investigation he hadn't even been paying much attention to. At this point, all he was really good for was goading people. And Brad seemed pretty on edge.

"Hey, bud... you think you... could put a shirt on? I... think there are children here."

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @ AllBoyz​

Fact is, right now we're all just a collection of lunatics, suspects, and dipshits." The old martial arts instructor stared directly at Saitama for that last word.​
BfV0voj.gif

When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

@OrlandoBloomers

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi and Mu
"Ugh, hell's up with this broad? Bud... Brad... whatever... indecent exposure or no, you ain't gotta tie yourself down to a shrew like that. You're a catch! Chicks dig, uh... scars, I guess."

Sarah stood up and leaned against the table.

"Stop bickering. Right now, everyone is Innocent until proven guilty. all we have are circumstantial evidence. Nothing that will help point to the culprit. None of these arguments would hold up in an actual courtroom. Do we have suspects? Do we have witnesses? No. All we have is a bunch of evidence with no clue as to who it's pointing to. Now, why don't we get to finding out who is actually guilty instead of calling random people in the stand who have viable alibis?"

@Hazel-rah @Atomyk @OrlandoBloomers @everyone

ZUvJD9x.png

"Do any of you even know what the murder weapon was? The mirror shard?"

@Everyone

Sal_%28shark_form%29_3.png

"Heated? Maybe that's why the table was burnt?" Sal quizzed, trying to piece the puzzle together. It was harder than he had first thought. A small fire breaking out? That would be enough heat to heat up something as small as a needle, but it didn't make sense as to why the murderer would waste time doing that.​

@york @Sen

MUCPfEW.png

@Verite @CCC Kouhai
"Oh."

7Jza9Us.png

"Okay."

Despite the mess up that would likely have made someone else sweat bullets from the possibility that their mistake due to not remembering things right would get them in trouble, Saitama simply kept a stone, deadpan face.

"Guess I got my timeline mixed up then."

So much for that.

@CCC Kouhai @Atomyk
The little girl screamed as she heard the skeleton looking thing behind her. Mary took several multiple steps away from the scary thing as she tried to calm herself down.

"Y-Yes! I believe everyone was locked at least..." She looked at the ground momentarily, speaking softly again.

"Unless the killer managed to get ou-"

But it seemed like the guy with glasses spoke over her, leaving the child silent again. She tried to help, but it seemed like they were getting nowhere with everyone confusing her.

@Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Atomyk @Alyto @The Great Detective @The Yuletide Tactician @Sen @Atomyk @DapperDogman @Mari
@ EVERYONE​

rrnYnPf.png

Touching at his glasses, Jade then looked to Saitama. "With her key missing, she accused this guest, before coming to me for a replacement. I sent her to find the spare, but..." Jade held up a finger. "This was moments before I announced who are investigators were to be. They were gathered to their rooms and locked in. Our killer, presumably using the key taken from Idoun, unlocked their door and... well, I don't know what happened beyond this point."

htGIV6F.png

"Dood!"

TPpv3D5.png

"And the burned table?"

@Everyone
Idoun stayed where she was at the back of the room, staring at the wall. She didn't bother complying with Brad's suggestion. Rowen stood from his seat and said, "I'm afraid I'm not sure offering all of that information will be of much use. But, I can try." Rowen began to navigate toward the stage.

CceZfaK.jpg

Jade's amusement seemed to be soaring as he looked upon Brad now. What an intriguing suggestion! "If you're hoping to pinpoint which guest spoke to us all throughout the evening, I have to wonder... if any of us was working with the killer, would we really be so bold as to talk to them much at all? At a party? Hmm... I spoke with Hajime, did I not? And.. Saitama? My, so many people in one evening... as said before, I told Rita to get a new key before setting you all up in your rooms. Between that time and when I met you in the lobby, I was out here, where many people can vouch for me. I did not kill the girl."

MsHuwtD.png

"I'm afraid I didn't do much of note either," Rowen said upon taking the stage. "I spoke to... ah, a man in golden armor, that's right. I saw a strange man at the bar drinking rather excessively... but beyond that..." Pausing, Rowen looked pained for a moment. He wasn't able to say he was the intended victim on stage. "I was upstairs from where the murder presumably occurred. The sounds of the party masked whatever struggle did happen... I'm so very sorry."

"... Dood."

WrQLtvR.gif

"I'm innocent, dood!"

@Everyone
ZUvJD9x.png

"Do any of you even know what the murder weapon was? The mirror shard?"

@Everyone
Slavya & Yulia
@Verite @CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Sen @The Yuletide Tactician @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Alyto @The Great Detective @OrlandoBloomers @Hana @Hazel-rah @Everyone

oXSRrOA.png
la7yNN8.png

"Wait! Something isn't adding up!" Yulia exclaimed, thinking about what they knew very carefully, pausing for a moment as she did so "Why would the killer need to puncture her neck if she was already killed when her throat was slit?" she asked, looking a little puzzled. She frowned a little as she rememebred that the necklace Rita had been wearing appeared to have been covering the wound "... Could the gem have hidden what had truly killed her? And the killer had slit her throat to throat to throw us all off?" she asked, looking a little thoughtfull as she was talking, as if she was trying to piece these things together... Slavya in the meanwhile blinked, noticing that there was some tension going on amongst the people gathered here, and fingers were being pointed, though for the time being, she decided to focus on the case itself, answering the most recent question that had been asked. "If Yulia is right... Then... The murder weapon must be the needle..." She said, looking a little pale as she realized just how complicated this murder had become...​

"Chicks dig, uh... scars, I guess."

tumblr_inline_mg8ht1T1701qf6dad.png

Ah.

So that was why Genos was always more popular than him. Girls dug the young, youthful hair, the unwavering sense of justice, and all the battle scars he'd get from fighting powerful enemies! Those were all things Saitama lacked greatly. Well, he had a sense of justice, but it wasn't like... Well, not that he was for injustice or anything, but... Well, he was a hero for fun, after all. For the most part, anyway.

Either way.

tumblr_inline_mfy8e45m8f1qf6dad.png

"Anyway... Back on track," the hero would speak, clearing his throat, "I don't think any of those people necessarily killed the girl, but..." Saitama would comment, referring to Jade, Rowen, Idoun, and the Prinny, before taking a pause, and then beginning to mutter to himself briefly, "... Well, actually, maybe it's a little early to continue with that train of thought. Discard that..."

This was all pretty complicated. What was the puncture wound under the neck supposed to indicate? Was there only one wound? 'Cause a puncture wound on a neck gave him vampire vibes, but it's not like a vampire could just insert one fang into a person's neck 'cause that'd just be awkward. Again, he'd have to wonder... How did the gem get broken? Was it broken at the exact same time that Rita had gotten the puncture wound? And what was up with the burnt table? Did the killer have some sort of fire manipulation power? Damn, all these thoughts and hardly any way to organize them. They'd have to sort out a timeline, but... that was gonna be easier said than done.

And then the question would be asked by Jade; what was found in Rita's room?

tumblr_inline_nqn1klsxkw1sftfvm_250.png

"Idoun's purple key was discovered in the girl's room, right? If so, would that mean that after making his or her move, the killer planted the key there after unlocking it for whatever reason? Then... wouldn't that mean they'd have to stay in her room since there didn't seem to be any way for them to get back to their room?" He speculated, before Jade would ask the next question.

What was the weapon? This was a trickier matter to tackle.

tumblr_inline_mqm4wrRd0w1s5ig4s.png

"The weapon... That's hard to say," He mumbled to himself, tapping his foot as he thought about this carefully, "But it's most likely either a mirror shard or the sewing needle, though one way or another, we can assume that both of them were used during the murder..."

Despite how much Saitama spoke, he really didn't know where he was going, truth be told.

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @OrlandoBloomers @Hazel-rah @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @DapperDogman @The Great Detective @Sen @Alyto @Erryone

• Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Mary covered her eyes in the sight of Brad's manly chest.

Yes. There were kids everywhere... everywhere.

Uh, back to the trial.

"Mhm.. if the small puncture was the only wound Rita had, then the needle fits it, right? But... how could a person die with just a needle?" The little girl asked. "Don't people always get pricked by needles when they're sick? I don't think anyone has died over a shot..."

@ EVERYONE​

Status
Not open for further replies.