• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary covered her eyes in the sight of Brad's manly chest.

Yes. There were kids everywhere... everywhere.

Uh, back to the trial.

"Mhm.. if the small puncture was the only wound Rita had, then the needle fits it, right? But... how could a person die with just a needle?" The little girl asked. "Don't people always get pricked by needles when they're sick? I don't think anyone has died over a shot..."

@ EVERYONE​

"Addictions, allergic reactions, there are all sorts of ways a needle could kill. However, the needle that was the weapon was a Sewing needle that Rowen found on the corpse. Not a hypodermic needle like for a shot. It is unlikely that this had any sort of poison in it, unless it was on the needle itself."

She looked at Rowen. "Thank you for finding this, by the way." She said.

@Atomyk @everyone

gV1FJKC.png

"P-Poison?" Kieran gave Sarah a dismayed look. "Where's someone gonna get poison in a hotel?"

@The Silver Paladin

tumblr_inline_mg8ht1T1701qf6dad.png

Ah.

So that was why Genos was always more popular than him. Girls dug the young, youthful hair, the unwavering sense of justice, and all the battle scars he'd get from fighting powerful enemies! Those were all things Saitama lacked greatly. Well, he had a sense of justice, but it wasn't like... Well, not that he was for injustice or anything, but... Well, he was a hero for fun, after all. For the most part, anyway.

Either way.

tumblr_inline_mfy8e45m8f1qf6dad.png

"Anyway... Back on track," the hero would speak, clearing his throat, "I don't think any of those people necessarily killed the girl, but..." Saitama would comment, referring to Jade, Rowen, Idoun, and the Prinny, before taking a pause, and then beginning to mutter to himself briefly, "... Well, actually, maybe it's a little early to continue with that train of thought. Discard that..."

This was all pretty complicated. What was the puncture wound under the neck supposed to indicate? Was there only one wound? 'Cause a puncture wound on a neck gave him vampire vibes, but it's not like a vampire could just insert one fang into a person's neck 'cause that'd just be awkward. Again, he'd have to wonder... How did the gem get broken? Was it broken at the exact same time that Rita had gotten the puncture wound? And what was up with the burnt table? Did the killer have some sort of fire manipulation power? Damn, all these thoughts and hardly any way to organize them. They'd have to sort out a timeline, but... that was gonna be easier said than done.

And then the question would be asked by Jade; what was found in Rita's room?

tumblr_inline_nqn1klsxkw1sftfvm_250.png

"Idoun's purple key was discovered in the girl's room, right? If so, would that mean that after making his or her move, the killer planted the key there after unlocking it for whatever reason? Then... wouldn't that mean they'd have to stay in her room since there didn't seem to be any way for them to get back to their room?" He speculated, before Jade would ask the next question.

What was the weapon? This was a trickier matter to tackle.

tumblr_inline_mqm4wrRd0w1s5ig4s.png

"The weapon... That's hard to say," He mumbled to himself, tapping his foot as he thought about this carefully, "But it's most likely either a mirror shard or the sewing needle, though one way or another, we can assume that both of them were used during the murder..."

Despite how much Saitama spoke, he really didn't know where he was going, truth be told.

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @OrlandoBloomers @Hazel-rah @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @DapperDogman @The Great Detective @Sen @Alyto @Erryone

Uh, back to the trial.

"Mhm.. if the small puncture was the only wound Rita had, then the needle fits it, right? But... how could a person die with just a needle?" The little girl asked. "Don't people always get pricked by needles when they're sick? I don't think anyone has died over a shot..."

@ EVERYONE​
"Addictions, allergic reactions, there are all sorts of ways a needle could kill. However, the needle that was the weapon was a Sewing needle that Rowen found on the corpse. Not a hypodermic needle like for a shot. It is unlikely that this had any sort of poison in it, unless it was on the needle itself."

@Atomyk @everyone

@Atomyk @everyone
Slavya & Yulia
@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @The Yuletide Tactician @Others
W0UbUGv.png
MpkfcIc.png

"Wait! Poison? We did find a vial of green liquid inside a locked drawer in Rita's room! Could the needle somehow have been coated with the liquid somehow?" Yulia said suddenly, though, it didn't explain how the killer could have gotten into the drawer... Unless... "The killer must have jammed the drawer shut after the deed was done! Maybe..." She added, frowning a little. Slavya nodded, though, she rubbed her chin, giving Mary a rather worried look, noticing how distressed the poor girl was getting before she spoke herself "The gem and the mirror could have been broken in the struggle before the killer could do the deed..." Slavya said, brushing one of her braids to the side as she spoke.

• Useful
Reactions: Minerva
gV1FJKC.png

"P-Poison?" Kieran gave Sarah a dismayed look. "Where's someone gonna get poison in a hotel?"

@The Silver Paladin

Sarah sighed. "It's very unlikely that that was cause of death as no poison was found on the body. But you know, the kitchens, the maid supplies room, various places in the hotel. I once handled a case like this long ago. I know what I'm talking about."

Idoun stayed where she was at the back of the room, staring at the wall. She didn't bother complying with Brad's suggestion. Rowen stood from his seat and said, "I'm afraid I'm not sure offering all of that information will be of much use. But, I can try." Rowen began to navigate toward the stage.

CceZfaK.jpg

Jade's amusement seemed to be soaring as he looked upon Brad now. What an intriguing suggestion! "If you're hoping to pinpoint which guest spoke to us all throughout the evening, I have to wonder... if any of us was working with the killer, would we really be so bold as to talk to them much at all? At a party? Hmm... I spoke with Hajime, did I not? And.. Saitama? My, so many people in one evening... as said before, I told Rita to get a new key before setting you all up in your rooms. Between that time and when I met you in the lobby, I was out here, where many people can vouch for me. I did not kill the girl."

MsHuwtD.png

"I'm afraid I didn't do much of note either," Rowen said upon taking the stage. "I spoke to... ah, a man in golden armor, that's right. I saw a strange man at the bar drinking rather excessively... but beyond that..." Pausing, Rowen looked pained for a moment. He wasn't able to say he was the intended victim on stage. "I was upstairs from where the murder presumably occurred. The sounds of the party masked whatever struggle did happen... I'm so very sorry."

"... Dood."

WrQLtvR.gif

"I'm innocent, dood!"

@Verite @CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Sen @The Yuletide Tactician @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Alyto @The Great Detective @OrlandoBloomers @Hana @Hazel-rah
@Everyone

"... Hmmm."

It seemed like he was off-point... Maybe. He still suspected that penguin. And he didn't know what, but there was something about Jade... Well. Whatever. He let this line of questioning drop for now, falling silent as the others picked up their own investigations. Maybe he'd interject again if he thought of anything, but for now...

Well... The pounding in his head was telling him what he should do for now.

Brad took some JOY...

Jeen was feeling pretty out of it. Despite being robbed of his drinking buddy, again, he was decidedly intoxicated. Not belligerently so, but he was getting pretty tired of getting pulled every which way all night, for the sake of an investigation he hadn't even been paying much attention to. At this point, all he was really good for was goading people. And Brad seemed pretty on edge.

"Hey, bud... you think you... could put a shirt on? I... think there are children here."

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @ AllBoyz​

"... Yeah... But someone died. Seeing that is worse than seeing what my chest looks like."

Brad responded gruffly, thick brows creasing even further as he turned to regard the inebriated guy impassively. He didn't say anything with regard to his state, having abundantly little room to talk. The nobody didn't drink much himself, but... His vice was equally as obvious.

"My shirt's gone, anyway. Gimme yours if it bothers you so much."
BfV0voj.gif

When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

@OrlandoBloomers

xSKnqK4.png

Cool.
Junko called out once again from the audience.

kv5l6AG.png

"Uh, Brad, don't let that guy tell you what to do!"

@OrlandoBloomers @Hazel-rah
"Ugh, hell's up with this broad? Bud... Brad... whatever... indecent exposure or no, you ain't gotta tie yourself down to a shrew like that. You're a catch! Chicks dig, uh... scars, I guess."

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @ AllBoyz​

OjBggdX.png

"Talk about her that way again and I'll make the chicks "dig" you your goddamn grave."

It was a sudden switch from numb to threatening, but Brad had no trouble making it, his teeth and fists clenching at once as he snapped in Jeen's direction in a low, grizzled tone. The recent Joy hit was clouding his thoughts a little more than usual, making him more impulsive and quicker to snap, though some part of him still recognized this wasn't the time or place for that attitude; It was that part of him that made him calm down quickly, fists loosening, the man taking a breath and stepping back.

xSKnqK4.png

"... Sorry... Anyway. I'm not a catch... I'm nobody. She's just being nice."

He looked out at Junko and gave her a small, stoic wave.

"Thanks miss."

@Atomyk @Verite @Hazel-rah

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person

@Atomyk @everyone
The twelve year old stood there, listening to the woman as she spoke as her eyes widened.

"I'm never getting shots again..."

@The Silver Paladin
Slavya & Yulia
@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @The Yuletide Tactician @Others
W0UbUGv.png
MpkfcIc.png

"Wait! Poison? We did find a vial of green liquid inside a locked drawer in Rita's room! Could the needle somehow have been coated with the liquid somehow?" Yulia said suddenly, though, it didn't explain how the killer could have gotten into the drawer... Unless... "The killer must have jammed the drawer shut after the deed was done! Maybe..." She added, frowning a little. Slavya nodded, though, she rubbed her chin, giving Mary a rather worried look, noticing how distressed the poor girl was getting before she spoke herself "The gem and the mirror could have been broken in the struggle before the killer could do the deed..." Slavya said, brushing one of her braids to the side as she spoke.

tumblr_inline_nqn1dfncKt1sftfvm_250.png

"Well, I mean... Does this place happen to have a lot of medicine or something around here?"

Honestly, Saitama doubted the cause of death was from poison, but one could never be too sure...

@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin
Sal_%28shark_form%29_24.png

"Maybe we're seeing this wrong? It might not be poison, but something to subdue her?" Sal asked the others. He doubted the needle killed her, seeing as it was the tiniest jab in her neck.

"What kind of idiotic murderer would leave behind the needle anyway?"

@everyone​

Last edited:
"... Wait a second... Idoun's key, the one we're thinking the killer used... and a liquid that you think is poison... poison that possibly killed Rita..."

gZZJHPk.png

"You're saying you found both in Rita's room?"

@york @The Silver Paladin @Verite

• Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"... Wait a second... Idoun's key, the one we're thinking the killer used... and a liquid that you think is poison... poison that possibly killed Rita..."

gZZJHPk.png

Sarah nodded. "I believe that information is correct. It was found in a drawer up in her room. Could the suspect had it, then hid it in her room?"

Junko felt like a lump was caught in her throat. Seeing Brad defend her so earnestly was... well, it made Junko feel a warmth inside her chest. She fell back into her seat with a sigh, unable to take her eyes off Brad. She tried to speak, but her voice only came out as a low whisper, too low for Brad or anyone on stage to hear her. "You're not nobody."

c7PlOsy.png

"And you're totally a catch."

@OrlandoBloomers @Hazel-rah @CCC Kouhai

Kieran blinked in confusion. He looked up toward the ceiling in thought. "Uh, why would they put that stuff in Rita's room? Or... I guess, why would Rita have that stuff...? Kind of weird..."

@york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Sen

Junko felt like a lump was caught in her throat. Seeing Brad defend her so earnestly was... well, it made Junko feel a warmth inside her chest. She fell back into her seat with a sigh, unable to take her eyes off Brad. She tried to speak, but her voice only came out as a low whisper, too low for Brad or anyone on stage to hear her. "You're not nobody."

c7PlOsy.png

"And you're totally a catch."

@OrlandoBloomers @Hazel-rah @CCC Kouhai
tumblr_inline_mfy8cve7sc1qf6dad.png

"Didn't you just find out your boyfriend died a little while ago?"
Kieran blinked in confusion. He looked up toward the ceiling in thought. "Uh, why would they put that stuff in Rita's room? Or... I guess, why would Rita have that stuff...? Kind of weird..."

tumblr_inline_mg8i7yv75a1qf6dad.png

"That's... a good question," Saitama mumbled, thinking about that, "The only reasons I can think of is that they either wanted to planted it there to throw us off, they accidentally left it there when they meant to take it with them, or they wanted to frame someone, but... Those don't really seem likely to me."

"If that stuff happened to belong to the girl in the first place though... I dunno. Is that green liquid exclusively poison or is it actually something else? It might have something to do with her schedule, like maybe the storerooms, but I can't say at all."

@york @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @OrlandoBloomers

Sarah sighed. "It's very unlikely that that was cause of death as no poison was found on the body. But you know, the kitchens, the maid supplies room, various places in the hotel. I once handled a case like this long ago. I know what I'm talking about."
tumblr_inline_nqn1dfncKt1sftfvm_250.png

"Well, I mean... Does this place happen to have a lot of medicine or something around here?"

Honestly, Saitama doubted the cause of death was from poison, but one could never be too sure...

@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin
Sal_%28shark_form%29_24.png

"Maybe we're seeing this wrong? I might not be poison, but something to subdue her?" Sal asked the others. He doubted the needle killed her, seeing as it was the tiniest jab in her neck.

"What kind of idiotic murderer would leave behind the needle anyway?"

@everyone​

gZZJHPk.png

Sarah nodded. "I believe that information is correct. It was found in a drawer up in her room. Could the suspect had it, then hid it in her room?"

"That's... a good question," Saitama mumbled, thinking about that, "The only reasons I can think of is that they either wanted to planted it there to throw us off, they accidentally left it there when they meant to take it with them, or they wanted to frame someone, but... Those don't really seem likely to me."

"If that stuff happened to belong to the girl in the first place though... I dunno. Is that green liquid exclusively poison or is it actually something else? It might have something to do with her schedule, like maybe the storerooms, but I can't say at all."

Slavya & Yulia
@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Others

5rN240F.png
AkhX3zj.png

"I don't know... But... They could have attempted to hide them in the drawer, hoping we wouldn't try to force the drawer open?" Yulia looked a little lost for once, but, she was still attempting to figure out anything else that may cue them into what might have happened. "Maybe the killer was in a hurry? There was only a limited amount of time before everyone would leave their rooms after all..." She said, cocking her head a little.​

"He's Presumed dead, but not officially. I know, or rather I hope, he's still alive." Sarah said.

"What if it belonged to the killer, and they used it, and then made it look like she had it the whole time? Or what if it wasn't used in the murder at all, and is sort of a red herring, and no poison was used at all in the Murder?"

"He's Presumed dead, but not officially. I know, or rather I hope, he's still alive." Sarah said.

"What if it belonged to the killer, and they used it, and then made it look like she had it the whole time? Or what if it wasn't used in the murder at all, and is sort of a red herring, and no poison was used at all in the Murder?"
tumblr_inline_mg8i47iN7M1qf6dad.png

"Don't make me think too much about it, or my brain might get fried trying to factor in every single possibility."

@The Silver Paladin

Uh, back to the trial.

@ EVERYONE​
tumblr_inline_n2kk39t1mR1re9spw.png

"I know! If you hit somewhere on the neck, then it'll hurt bad."

tumblr_inline_nsuokffx8v1re9spw_540.png

"At least what Ploot told me..."

@CCC Kouhai @everyone else​

Were these people judging her? What was wrong with them? A girl couldn't help her feelings!

hzFQ5tC.png

Besides, Junko wasn't even sure what she was feeling. She did have the weird sense people were reading her thoughts, regardless...​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jeremi
Were these people judging her? What was wrong with them? A girl couldn't help her feelings!

hzFQ5tC.png

Besides, Junko wasn't even sure what she was feeling. She did have the weird sense people were reading her thoughts, regardless...​

Sarah saw the look Junko was giving. "Presumed dead. Until it's confirmed, you need to remain loyal." Sarah firmly stated. She was going to unleash all her lawyerness. She then muttered the next part under her breath, but still audibly. "God knows he has to you."

"This is... This is too weird..." Junko felt a tightening her chest. Emotion gnawed at her, a sudden feeling of guilt washing over her. She didn't know what she was supposed to be thinking... It'd been so long, and none of these people understood what she'd been through. Perhaps it hadn't been right for her to think she could attend a party like this-- pretend things were normal. Tears streamed down the girl's face as she rose from her seat. She was no doubt the Ultimate Screw Up, destined to mess things up wherever she went.

ZdY5YY9.png

"I'm so sorry. I'm... I'm ruining your discussion!" Shuddering, Junko let out a sob and ran from the banquet hall.

@The Silver Paladin @OrlandoBloomers

Status
Not open for further replies.