• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

The old man coughed, clearing his throat. "I'm very sorry," he said, bowing deeply. "I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Rowen Ilbert, and occasionally I work for Mr. Curtiss. Why I'm serving at this party when another of the Prinnies could easily take my place..." The man straightened up and smoothed down his coat.

eWpbqax.png

"Well, I'm here to assist in tonight's event. You have absolutely nothing to worry from me, I promise you, young man."

@Gen. Magic Senpai
Oh for heavens sake, this guy is insistent on hiding something!
Gilgamesh rolled his eyes at the man's response before saying "If I have nothing to worry then why must you be so secretive?".

Though admitingly, at the same time the man didn't fess up easily, which would also provide for an interesting conversation at the very least.
Gilgamesh's attitude changing he got a smirk on his face before then continuing to ask "Though, if you insist why not something else? This Mr. Curtiss, who is he? What is he like?".

@Atomyk

The girl moved to the edge of the catwalk and stared down at Kiritsugu, one of her eyebrows raising in suspicion. Now that she was looking at him fully, it was easy to see she was looking more tired than angry. "... Okay... It's not like I even need the ladder. It's just for... regulation." The girl grimaced at the word. She seemed embarrassed to be saying any of this at all. "One of the lights isn't working. And I'm... trying to fix it."

Sigh, the girl resteda hand against her face, looking up and away from Kiritsugu.

DIAvEdC.png

"I'd honestly rather not do this," she said almost wistfully. "I'm not into parties, and Jade--"

The girl stopped talking suddenly. She recoiled from the edge of the catwalk and whipped her head around to find something. She could tell that someone else was up here. Someone like the Bogeyman. "Hey... what the hell is wrong with you? Get down from here!"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @DapperDogman
The masked being turns toward the girl and places a finger to his mask once again, the bright markings that resembled lips being obscured but his finger as he steps more into the light
He didn't talk, didn't emote and looked like something out of a horror movie. That was a combination of things you didn't wanna bump into in a dark place like this

But he was the bogeyman, after all, if he didn't scare you, nothing would

@Atomyk @Gen. Magic Senpai
Kiritsugu raised his eyebrow at this, odd that for such an event all the lights weren't double checked before the events start. Granted mishaps can happen, but it still suggested this party was prepared in some sort of rush. Regardless he rolled up a sleeve before asking "Mind if I take a look? If it's just broken then a little tracing magic should do the trick". Though they were then suddenly interrupted by the girl noticing some new men from above, to which Kiritsugu looked up a the new visitors and simply kept an eye out for now. Likely they were just other invited guests wandering as well, but clearly this party didn't have the best sense for which guests were safe, so he lowered his hand to his pistol just in case.

And that caution might pay off when it seemed apparent the new person simply stared at them without saying anything. It would be rash to simply pull out a weapon at a party just over someone being rude though, so Kiritsugu simply barked at the man "You have something to say? If not I suggest you move along with the other guests".

@Atomyk @DapperDogman

[bg=#448267]
M a t h i l d a
Mood: Curious, weirded out, excited.
Mentioned: No one specific yet, @Anyone.
Interactions: Leon
[/bg]
[bg=#448267]
They had received an invitation in the mail and for the sole reason alone, they were here. Mathilda and Leon had no permanent address, they were like Leon's potted plant. No roots in the earth. So it was a little more than strange when the paranoid duo had received a letter to a party of all things. Mathilda wanted to come because she had never been to a costume party before and she 90% certain that Leon decided to come so that he could figure out who exactly had figured out their address and promptly end them. The other 10% of course had been her own begging--he was weak for her puppy dog eyes, she just knew it. He was weak for them when she was 12 and he was weak for them now.

The arrived at the hotel--one that looked no different on the outside from the many others they had stayed in before. However, once inside, her opinion of all of that changed. The halls were tall and wide, dimly lit--the ceilings dark. The 15 year old was non stop looking over her shoulder, fingers twitching at her side for the weapons on her person. Though after getting through the gloomy feeling hallway, they made it into the ballroom. A huge grin graced her face--it was a real party, everyone was dressed up in different costumes, there were even little penguins hobbling around on peg legs!

The girl stared at the purple creatures, wondering how much trouble she would be in if she stole one back to their hotel room after the room was over. Maybe she could bribe one of those funny little things with food? Though it was rather strange--purple penguins with clipboards. The ballroom itself was amazing, candle lit with toy bats fluttering around, skeletons posed on the walls and windows--which she then assumed to be a mural of some sort, showed off grim scenery. The girl got chills up her spin, a giggle on her lips as she grabbed Leon's hand. The was a stage and someone was speaking but she really wasn't listening. She managed to catch the words 'birthday' but that was just about it.

"Leon," she whisper hissed. "This is so cool, right?" The teenaged girl hadn't put much thought into her costume, she had decided to come as leon. She wore a white longsleeve shirt, black overalls, a pair of black jeans and a big black trench coat. On her feet were a pair of sneakers, but aside from that, she was pretty sure she had nailed his outfit. Leon on the other hand hadn't bothered to be creative, besides. The man was a creature of habit, she bet even changing something as simple as his clothing would irk him to no end. They checked in with one of those little purple creatures and took their seats, as a waiter walked by with a tray she grabbed two glasses of champagne, unfazed by the glare she was leveled with.

Mathilda quickly drank one of the glasses of bubbly champagne before the older man could say anything and pushed the other over to Leon, he wrinkled his nose. Of course. No drinking on the job, but was this really even a job? All Mathilda had on her was a pocket knife, the rest of her weapons were with Leon, his tool belt was large enough to store her own so it hadn't been much of an issue. "C'mon Leon, have a little fun?"

[/bg]

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Oh for heavens sake, this guy is insistent on hiding something!
Gilgamesh rolled his eyes at the man's response before saying "If I have nothing to worry then why must you be so secretive?".

Though admitingly, at the same time the man didn't fess up easily, which would also provide for an interesting conversation at the very least.
Gilgamesh's attitude changing he got a smirk on his face before then continuing to ask "Though, if you insist why not something else? This Mr. Curtiss, who is he? What is he like?".

@Atomyk

Kiritsugu raised his eyebrow at this, odd that for such an event all the lights weren't double checked before the events start. Granted mishaps can happen, but it still suggested this party was prepared in some sort of rush. Regardless he rolled up a sleeve before asking "Mind if I take a look? If it's just broken then a little tracing magic should do the trick". Though they were then suddenly interrupted by the girl noticing some new men from above, to which Kiritsugu looked up a the new visitors and simply kept an eye out for now. Likely they were just other invited guests wandering as well, but clearly this party didn't have the best sense for which guests were safe, so he lowered his hand to his pistol just in case.

And that caution might pay off when it seemed apparent the new person simply stared at them without saying anything. It would be rash to simply pull out a weapon at a party just over someone being rude though, so Kiritsugu simply barked at the man "You have something to say? If not I suggest you move along with the other guests".

@Atomyk @DapperDogman
Ugh, everyone was so nosy, he came up here to get away from the attention, suddenly he was doing nothing but attracting it.
He turns and walks into the shadows of the catwalk, away from the girl and her lights, though for a moment he was in a beam of light, showing him to Kiritsugu

He didn't know what he looked like to the people, as he didn't know them well enough, but he knew it was the person they hated the most, and didn't want to linger, if the man hated anyone enough to see them in the bogeyman,
a fight was likely to break out if he stuck around too long. So he started to put distance between himself and the man with the gun

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Atomyk

Prologue

1835539_0.jpg

Devil in the Details

"Oh, no, this party you've been invited to...this is much greater than an Institute setup. I-, It's fuzzy...but I see...oddities...plenty of them. Their energy is strong...rivaling yours, even. They've come from far and wide...invited, just like you."

"Far and wide? What, you mean like, multinational? I forgot there was even a world outside the Commonwealth..."

"No...farther than that. Worlds beyond your imagination...time-travelers, demons, aliens..."

"...You're joking, right?"

"Come on, darling, we've been through this before. Besides, you've saw that alien ship, didn't you? There's more out there in the world than raiders and radiation."

"...But...this isn't some ordinary party, either...I'm getting something else. I'm feeling a...great despair. So much pain...a murder! The culprit hides in plain sight...he was invited too."

"Stay safe when you're there, alright Coraline? I don't know what we'd do without you."

That was the last thing she said to me before ODing. I knew the risks of giving her so many chems...but in the end I'd say it was worth it. The Sight did what it always did best; it prepared me. There's no weapon stronger than a little foreknowledge eh? Well...except, maybe a nuke. Even still, despite knowing what I was getting myself into, I was still blown away by the grandeur of it all...

And why I was invited to this melting pot of weirdoes.

...Does that say something about me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coraline's first meeting was...odd. A talking penguin with bat wings? It had to be a guy in a suit, right? Judging my how small they were, and how many of them there were...maybe not.

"Uh...thanks, little guy." she thanked the Prinny oddly, before stepping into the main hal- WHOA MOMMA, LOOK AT THAT OUTFIT.

Coraline's prying eyes instantly fell upon Morrigan, who- oh come on, bat-wings again? Out of her head too...oh well! Tits were tits. Coraline hooted at her in a very shameless fashion, rather uncharacteristic for the crime-fighting get-up she decided to wear to the party.

@Jeremi

Jezebel would just roll her eyes. "I had heard about your charms, but seeing them first hand like this...I guess your Succubus nature is quiet apparent."

Morrigan would do a little wave towards Coraline as she addressed Jezebel. "Hmhmhm, what can I say? I'm simply irresistible."

kNYOLfW.jpg

ChromeSkull had been intent on just finding a quiet spot to sit down and try to plot out his next course of action with Ghostface. Only to pause as he heard what sounded like a slightly Scottish-accented voice near the two of them.

Bumping into ChromeSkull as he ceased in his walking without so much as a warning, Ghostface tilted his head to the side and poked ChromeSkull in the shoulder.

lNklNBI.png

"Uh, any particular reason why you stopped walking? Because as much as I like looking at the back of your chrome dome, I'd much rather sit down and.." Ghostface trailed off as he finally caught a full glance of the woman ChromeSkull had heard and damn. Normally, Ghostface didn't let stuff like this get to him. Because it was one of the main rules of a horror film! Don't have sex or else you're deader than dead. Course, that didn't really apply to him given that he was Ghostface. Still, this babe looked really hot in that outfit of hers. Kind of like some..bat girl thing going on?

Seemed a lot kinkier than whatever shit he'd seen on T.V. But just as he was starting to head over towards her, ChromeSkull placed a hand on Ghostface's shoulder and squeezed.

"Ow! You got a fuck-off button or something man? You're kind of cramping the style I'm trying to work up."

8bV0Mtt.jpg

EVERYONE ELSE MIGHT BE IN COSTUMES BUT YOU'RE STILL YOU BEHIND THE MASK AND ROBES. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I DON'T NEED YOU GETTING US IN EVEN DEEPER SHIT.

"Sooooo you're saying you don't want to boink the bat-girl?"

NOT THE PLACE NOR THE TIME. SIDES, SHE AIN'T MY TYPE.

Then there was the hooting towards Morrigan which both killers took note of.

FUCKIN IDIOT.

sNxZh6N.jpg

"Okay, maybe I wouldn't be as bold about it. But you gotta admit that's she smokin in that outfit of hers, Chromie!"

YOU GET ONE CHANCE. IF YOU HURT THE GIRL THEN IT'S ON YOU. I'LL JUST BE THE GUY IN A COSTUME SITTING BY THE BAR GRABBING A DRINK WHILE YOU GET DOG-PILED. DON'T CALL ME CHROMIE EITHER. IT'S CHROMESKULL OR BOSS TO YOU.

"Alright, alright! Sheesh! Worse than my mom.." Ghostface murmured before he started to make his way towards Morrigan while ChromeSkull watched out of the corner of his eye and the video camera strapped to his shoulder turned to try and catch some of the action. To see how much of a fool Ghostface would make out of himself.

"Hey there. Saw you smiling my way.~"

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah

"I was just admiring your costume sweetie. You've certainly gone all out with the theme at least." She'd give Ghostface a look over. "Is there a name attached to your enigmatic figure?"

"Someone exorcise me now..." Jezebel said quietly under her breath. She really needed a drink right about now.

@Archmage Jeremiah @TheSpringwoodSlasher

Hajime would find that the argument had descended into a tug-of-war between the man and the Prinny. "My name's on there you foul beast!" Kieran yelled, trying to pull the clipboard away. The Prinny was shaking its head rapidly. "No! No! Blowing up is against regulation, dood!"

With a loud grunt, Kieran finally managed to pull the clipboard away, but the Prinny wasn't so lucky. The penguin flew backward and flailed through the air. He was going to land right in between Neo, Hajime, and Peashy. He had said he would explode...

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Alyto

---

The old man coughed, clearing his throat. "I'm very sorry," he said, bowing deeply. "I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Rowen Ilbert, and occasionally I work for Mr. Curtiss. Why I'm serving at this party when another of the Prinnies could easily take my place..." The man straightened up and smoothed down his coat.

eWpbqax.png

"Well, I'm here to assist in tonight's event. You have absolutely nothing to worry from me, I promise you, young man."

@Gen. Magic Senpai

---

The girl moved to the edge of the catwalk and stared down at Kiritsugu, one of her eyebrows raising in suspicion. Now that she was looking at him fully, it was easy to see she was looking more tired than angry. "... Okay... It's not like I even need the ladder. It's just for... regulation." The girl grimaced at the word. She seemed embarrassed to be saying any of this at all. "One of the lights isn't working. And I'm... trying to fix it."

Sighing, the girl rested a hand against her face, looking up and away from Kiritsugu.

DIAvEdC.png

"I'd honestly rather not do this," she said almost wistfully. "I'm not into parties, and Jade--"

The girl stopped talking suddenly. She recoiled from the edge of the catwalk and whipped her head around to find something. She could tell that someone else was up here. Someone like the Bogeyman. "Hey... what the hell is wrong with you? Get down from here!"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @DapperDogman

Hajime registered a sharp pain in his eyes as the illusionary explosion went off, but bore witness to it none the less. WW-What the hell! He glanced around, trying to understand what had caused the vision, before settling on the woman staring at them. She seemed so casual, drinking her water as she watched, as if she had been expecting them to be surprised. He wasn't sure, but perhaps she was...

"Come on, kid, lets step back," With a gentle yet urging voice, Hajime began to pull Peashy away from the Prinny, "That thing might actually explode, since you can never know what to expect in the multiverse..."

@Atomyk @The Great Detective @Bomb​

Prologue: The Woes of a Star

d13947ed78415d287f06c63f8f2b644a.png

It was a calm, serene night, with a cool breeze flowing freely through the grand kingdom of Stormhold. Yvaine wasn't sure just how long it had been since there had been an evening as calm and quiet as this, but she supposed it didn't matter - she had more important things on her mind, in regards to thoughts on the night. More than likely serving as a pleasure to any astrologists around the kingdom(or perhaps beyond it's boundaries - maybe even stretching past the village of Wall), the night sky was clear and as beautiful as ever, with a clear view of the stars in sight.

But one star... One star had fallen.

That was a long, long time ago, now. Around eighty years - likely a bit more. She knew this well, because Tristan had passed away during his eightieth reign. Even with so much time having passed, though, she still remembered it all perfectly clearly. Not because there was anything special about it... Or, perhaps, for just that reason. It was the day she had met Tristan, after all, and that was definitely something special. Even with that occurence aside, it was a day that had changed the North Star's life forever. Granted, she wasn't sure if the change was to be considered good or bad. On one hand, she'd met her first- and only, thus far -love, and befriended a few folk along the way. On the other hand, she had a large number of attempts made to cut out her heart, was kidnapped and nearly killed, was left alone and stuck on the ground instead of in the sky after Tristan's death, and she was left longing for nothing more than to return to the stars.

Immortality was certainly an odd thing. So many people sought it out... Yet Yvaine wished she could berid herself of it. What was the joy in living forever, yet having to watch those you care about drop like flies around you while you don't so much as age a year?

Yvaine certainly didn't know.

But this night... It only served to make her longing to return to her perch in the sky intensify. At least if she were up there, she wouldn't be stuck watching those around her die. She could have friends that weren't going to die, and she wouldn't have to worry about any more attempts on her life being made, or about people trying to take the throne. It was all ridiculous, to her, but she supposed it made sense. After all, she'd seen more than her fair share of powerhungry mortals before. Of wars. Of death and pain and misery. But she'd also seen.. love.

Those were the things the star thought about as she stared into the sky from the balcony of the castle, a hint of yearning glimmering in her pale eyes. It was rather likely that her thoughts would have continued to roam on the subject if she had not been interrupted by a calm and courteous voice ringing from behind her. "Lady Yvaine?"

Sighing softly and turning to face the man that the voice belonged to, the star offered her attention, clasping her hands neatly in front of her. "..Yes, William?"

Seeming as though encouraged by the look he received from Yvaine, the man offered a smile, outstretching a hand to the star that held an odd envelope. The gesture caused Yvaine to quirk a brow, and she tilted her head at the William fellow. "This came for you. It appears to be an invitation of some sorts, m'lady."

Slowly nodding to demonstrate that she understood, Yvaine accepted the piece of parchment, opening it carefully. Even the paper seemed.. Fancy. So she was not exactly surprised when the letter appeared to be to some odd fancy event. Though, she did have some questions.. Just what did it mean by 'costumes'? And what was a 'hotel'? Most of all, what in the name of the heavens did the invite mean by 'multiverse'? The star of a medieval age was confused by the terms, but she didn't voice this. After all, she didn't exactly care to find out what this was about.

And, yet, something compelled her to attend.

~~~

That was how she had gotten here, to this odd, foreign party with all of these odd people in weird garbs. She didn't recognize any of them, nor did she understand what their weird get-ups were all about, but she supposed it didn't matter. After all, she did understand the concept of birthdays, though she had never celebrated hers as a star. In fact, it was impossible to tell just how old she was - especially considering the fact that she looked no older than maybe twenty-three. Of course, in human years, perhaps that was about how old she was?

Ah, whatever. Who cared?

The idea of a surprise event sent chills down the North Star's spine. Something about the way this Jade man had said those words just gave her the chills. I suppose I'll just have to hope I remain un-chosen for this... 'event', she thought to herself, pinching the bridge of her nose idly. There were so many things going on and so many people flooding the place that it was hard for the star to think on just what she should do. Her eyes wandered the fancy- yet eerie -ballroom that they had been ushered into, with all of the people drifting through the rustic premises. The place gave her the chills, and Yvaine suddenly felt very trapped. Maybe coming here hadn't been a good idea, after all... But there was no turning back, now.

So, hesitantly(but with a confidence that didn't falter), the blonde made her way to the white-haired woman. "I don't suppose you have a minute?"

@Atomyk @White-haired woman group​

large_crouching_tiger_blu-ray3.jpg

Jen had dressed in very elegant traditional wear for this occasion she was invited to. Not knowing what to expect, her upbringing always taught her to lean towards being conservative, to be most well prepared in any circumstance. She took that part of her family to heart, at least, even if there was little else she truly found useful to her own path.

It not take long for her to realize how strangely the others appeared to her. Their dress, their physical appearance, all of it. Were these the "westerners" she had for so long heard rumours among her people of? She was curious about them, but for now she would not mingle with them as they seemed to be mingling among each other.

She looked around a little more. The food was a curious thing to her, but it would not lead to any advantage or useful learnings, she determined... though she would likely go there eventually. The old man, though... it was always the ones with more experience, Jen found, that would have the most useful information, much more than the younger ones who acted as if they knew everything. She went nearby the old man, but didn't engage in conversation.

She also feared a language barrier, as likely these Westerners did not speak her language. But she would soon find out.

@Atomyk

From up on the catwalk, it was easier to see what the girl was wearing. A provocative black get-up with a low neck-line that showed off a pink bra underneath. On the back were too tiny bat wings that looked similar to the ones the Prinnies had. Even though the Bogyeman had mysteriously materialized on the catwalk akin to a ghost, the girl didn't seem entirely afraid. However, it was easy to notice the falter in her voice. "What? Cat got your tongue? You're not supposed to be up here!"

9yRw0Q2.png

"I'll force you down if I have to! You really don't want to be causing a disturbance here." Rita held a hand out toward the Bogeyman, ready to react to anything he might pull. She relaxed slightly once he started to move away. "There's nothing interesting up here anyway," she added.

@DapperDogman @Gen. Magic Senpai

---

Rowen smiled evenly at that. He didn't easily let show what was going on inside his head. Or, maybe not much went on in his head at all. Who knew? "Why, the event is meant to be a secret. I am just a poor servant this evening... I didn't make the rules. Mind you, I should be serving, not spending my time with just a single guest..."

1jk0W71.png

"... But I don't mind. If you want to know about Mr. Curtiss, you could talk to him yourself, but if you really need my opinion..." Rowen moved his hand t his chin, looking up toward the cieling in a dramtic display of being deep in thought. "He's a shrewd man. He's built an empire of a company and could easily live in luxury for the rest of his days. Tough, he always seems to want more. He'd the kind of man who keeps his friends close and his enemies closer. Does that make sense to you?"

It was then that Rowen noticed the presence of Jen. He smiled at her and held up his tray. Glasses of wine laid on top. "Dear, do you want anything?"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari

---

"... Ohhhh?"

The white-haired woman turned from the people crowding her and gave Yvaine a smile.

jwSassb.png

Hands clasped together in front of her in the visage of a proper lady, the woman's eyes seemed to sparkle. "Yes, hello? Do you have something to say to Lady Melodia?"

@Savannah-Clause

---

9UUPwYz.jpg

"Dood!"

And so the Prinny exploded. Kieran looked completely aghast.

"What have I done?!"

@The Yuletide Tactician @Alyto @The Great Detective

Last edited:
Jezebel would just roll her eyes. "I had heard about your charms, but seeing them first hand like this...I guess your Succubus nature is quiet apparent."

Morrigan would do a little wave towards Coraline as she addressed Jezebel. "Hmhmhm, what can I say? I'm simply irresistible."

"I was just admiring your costume sweetie. You've certainly gone all out with the theme at least." She'd give Ghostface a look over. "Is there a name attached to your enigmatic figure?"

"Someone exorcise me now..." Jezebel said quietly under her breath. She really needed a drink right about now.

qduz74T.jpg

"What can I say? If you're going to have some fun than best to go all out. Specially if it means I get to meet someone like you." Ghosface commented before Morrigan asked for his name. There was still the slightest bit of paranoia that someone here might recognize him and ChromeSkull so was probably for the best if he kept his mask on for as long as he could.

"Name's Mickey. What's yours?"

ChromeSkull had done as he had said he would. Taking a seat at whatever passed for a bar at this hotel, he'd hold his phone out to the bartender.

HELLO? I'M A GUEST HERE. SO I'D LIKE A DRINK. STRONGEST STUFF YOU HAVE.

Provided ChromeSkull had been given what he asked for, he'd reach for the bottom of his mask and the sound of flesh tearing rang out as he pulled up the mask far enough to reveal his mouth. Which was absolutely riddled with burn tissue from the various acid baths ChromeSkull had undergone.

THIS IS GOOD BY ME. THANKS.

QEZiFi2.jpg

Chugging down what he could of the drink, he'd wince. The pain-killers were slowly beginning to fade and the pain from the burns was starting to take effect. Not that he couldn't handle a little pain here and there, but it would just be such a pain in the ass to deal with.

@Jeremi​

Link to sign-ups.

RULES

1. You must follow in accordance to Iwaku's rules.

2. No OOC talk in the IC. Please take all OOC discussion to the group's General Chat and all roleplay discussion to the group's RP Discussion.

3. No god-modding or meta-gaming. If you're not sure what those terms mean, this blog post might just be for you!

4. Due to the speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your 'posting partners' so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required.

PROLOGUE
"You Have Been Cordially Invited..."

The Grand Hotel is practically a world all on its own. A world between worlds, nestled between countless universes and visited by countless more. As well known as it is within the greater multiverse, it is not a place one stumbles into accidentally. Men and women work tirelessly to ensure such a breach never occurs, for its entirely unknown what could be waiting in some corners of the multiverse. For you to have been invited to a party held at the hotel, you would either have to be an important figure, or at least know an important figure. Perhaps you were just in the right place at the right time. Maybe you're just really lucky. Either way, you've been invited to a place unlike any other.

And you've been told to dress up.

Whether the portal you take to get to the hotel is a whirling mass of light or just a simple door, you arrive in the entrance hall, surrounded by dozens of others arriving just as you are.

bP5z8MH.jpg

The hall is dimly lit in accordance with the night's theme. Candles and cobwebs lining the walls give the area a feeling of walking a dungeon's hallways. The ceiling is covered in an inky darkness that is black as night. Slow blinking lights peer down from the darkness and it's unclear if they are meant to be stars or watching eyes.

Within the hall stands a line of small, pouch-wearing penguins with small bat wings and two peg legs. Most of them appear to be blue and wearing small bowler hats. In their stubby fins are clipboards, all with the names of tonight's guests.

eSKXCgR.png

The Prinnies would greet you with a "Dood!" before taking your name and leading you away from the hall. Tonight's main attraction was, of course, the banquet hall.

zA5Hxvg.jpg

A sea of tables, chairs, and people stood before you, a mass of buzzing energy rolling off of them. While only a few hundred people attended tonight's party, the hall could easily fit toward a thousand if needed. Like the entrance hall, this room was also dimly lit, with small candles lining the walls and at every table. The fire was only magical, so there was no worry about someone getting burned. Toy-like bats comically flew around the ceiling in repeating patterns while wooden skeletons leaned casually against some of the walls as if they were set up to look bored with the evening. Arched windows that touched the ground lined the walls, showing off a grim and stormy night, though if one were to try and break through of these windows, they would find just an ordinary wall beyond.

Red drapery sat over a stage at the back of the banquet hall, while twin spotlights aimed down at the centre of the stage. After many of the guests had settled into their seats, a man with long brown hair and striking red eyes behind a pair of glasses would step into the spotlight. Many of the guests knew the man as Jade Curtiss, proprietor of this grand establishment.

RLWrIXI.jpg

The man smiled evenly as he looked over his guests. He was dressed in a dark cloak with a red cape, looking almost like some kind of dark magician. Once the buzz from below died out, Jade spoke, his voice clear to even those standing at the back of the room.

"I welcome all of you to this haunted evening held in honor of Lady Melodia of Mira! As co-founder of my company, Lady Melodia has been a valued person in my life, both professionally and personally. Her birthday nears, and while she wishes not to make clear what age she will soon reach, the least I could do is hold an event such as this for her. She wishes not to speak on stage, but you will find her mingling throughout the evening. Please, for my sake, wish her a happy birthday." Reaching up to touch at his glasses, Jade's eyes scanned the crowd below. "Now, adjacent to the banquet hall, you'll find the ballroom. There is not only more open space in there, but a section of the floor where you may partake in dancing. We will be holding a feast here later in the evening, so be sure not to fill up too much on appetizers."

Jade then pointed to the side of the hall. "All of you have been given individual rooms for the evening. That area of the hotel has been segregated from the party in order to ensure guests are able to rest without being disturbed by some of the more... rowdy of you. You may speak with a Prinny if you wish to retire for the evening, but I ask that you wait until we've had our special event." Jade's smile broadened at this subject. "We will be hosting an exciting game this evening! Due to the nature of the game, only a select few will be able to participate. If you're chosen, participation will be mandatory. I promise that the event will be exciting! I'll be giving out more details when the time comes. For now... Please, enjoy yourselves."

With that, Jade stepped off the stage. A flash of lightning from the windows accompanied this, almost as if Jade had planned it that way. Prinny servants poured into the hall carrying trays of food and drink, just enough to whet your appetite for the feast later in the evening.

The ballroom was where Jade had indicated, past an archway draped with a black curtain. Inside was almost as spacious as the banquet hall.

aMMgrfM.jpg

For the moment, it was decorated to look like an abandoned mansion. Rustic tables and chairs sat here, while dusty, abandoned furniture haphazardly lined the edges of the dance floor. Creaking wooden planks touched by cobwebs made up the walls. Despite this imagery, colored floodlights swayed down from above and dance music filled the air, giving the ballroom the feeling of being inside a club. At the edge of the dance floor was a platform ladder that rose up toward the ceiling. Though it was hard to see from below, there seemed to be a catwalk above where the lights were situated. A girl was standing up here, though it was tough to see what she was doing.

Back in the entrance hall, you would see a red-haired man arguing with one of the Prinnies. Listening in on the conversation, you'd hear the word "Coalition."

In the banquet hall, one of the servants strangely appeared to be an old man and not a Prinny, for whatever reason. Not too far away was a crowd of people surrounding a white-haired woman who looked rather serene in the face of all the attention was getting. At the opposite end of the hall was Jade, who was off by himself and appeared to be talking on a cellular phone.

Aside from these areas of interest, it seemed you were free to do whatever you wanted, whether that was getting on the dance floor, touching at the appetizers, or mingling with the other guests.

~CAST LIST~
@Alyto as Peashy [Hyperdimension Neptunia]
@Hazel-rah as Jeen [Super Mario RPG (AU)]
@The Yuletide Tactician as Hajime Hinata [Danganronpa]

@Savannah-Clause as Yvaine [Stardust] and 'Ryan' Duchannes [Caster Chronicles]
@Forrest as Jacket [Hotline Miami]
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
as Ghostface [Scream] and ChromeSkull [Laid to Rest]
@DapperDogman as The Bogeyman [Silent Hill] and Papyrus [Undertale (AU)]
@Verite as Saitama [One Punch Man]
@Mighty Roman as Gilderoy Lockhart [Harry Potter] and Osgood [Doctor Who]
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Missy [Doctor Who]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as W.D. Gaster [Undertale]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as The 11th Doctor and The 6th Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Fallen Child as Ayaka [Misao]
@Jeremi as Mephista [Marvel Comics] and Morrigan Aensland [Darkstalkers]
@The Great Detective as Neopolitan [RWBY]
@The Silver Paladin Sarah Cheng [Fallout]
@Archmage Jeremiah Coraline Fenn [Fallout]
@Gen. Magic Senpai as Kiritsugu Emiya and Gilgamesh [Fate Zero/Stay Night]
@Kaykay as Tsubomi Kido [Kagerou Project]
@C.T. as Anya Corazon [Marvel Comics] and Kilgrave [MCU]

@OrlandoBloomers as Death of the Endless [Sandman] and Brad Armstrong [Lisa]
@Lizzy as Arisu [Original Character]
@CCC Kouhai as Mary [Dreaming Mary]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cirno [Touhou]
@york as Yulia and Slavya [Everlasting Summer]
@Raven as Raven A. Roth and Rose Wilson [Teen Titans]
@Mari as Jen Yu [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon]
@Sen as Sal/Syakesan [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]

@Sav as Mathilda and Leon [Leon The Professional]
@Arlathina as Morrighan [Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology]
@Hana as Wadanohara [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Librarian Cat as Nyanta [Log Horizon]

@Krieg as Lena Oxton/Tracer [Overwatch]​
Prologue

A few days before

Just shortly after Raven had finally come clean to Rose of the nightmares she knew was no longer just her's but her team mates and the two seemed to return as close as every best friends in a superhero team of teens could get everything turned out not to be over. The team leader at the time was Garfield Mark Logan better known to many as Beastboy. He had been the one who was meant to check the mail that very week and noticed a strange letter but also read it wasn't to all the Titans but only two more pacifically. Those were Rose Wilson and Raven Roth. Beastboy went and found Raven first which to him was a relief. "Hey um Rae this came in the mail it's also for Ravager." He told Raven and he handed her the letter. Raven glanced at the front of the mail and felt immediately a form of mixed feelings mostly dreed but also curiosity. "Rae you alright?" Gar asked her when he noticed her face seemed to show a very faint change in exasperation. Raven looked up. "I'm fine Gar really" She replied in her most common monotone voice. Then she headed to Rose's room knocking shortly a teen with long white hair and only one eye appeared at the door. "Hey Rae what's..." She then saw the letter which Raven held up before she finished talking. "Where you wish to go?" Was the female's next comment and Raven simply moved forward. "Your room for now will switch to mine if needed." That was when the two began to deiced what they would do.

An week later and an hour getting ready

Raven had forgotten that they would need to dress up as you would say and the moments before heading to arrive glared at her friend holding the outfit other than her planned wear. "Really Rose?" She asked not pleased seeing a dress before her. "Rachel come on you know I don't like the idea either." Raven sighed. "Rose I think the area's clear you don't have to use that name you know?" "Yeah but it's always hilarious to see your reaction sometimes." "Fine" Raven commented finally and turned to look out the room then to her clock. "Well we better hurry and the first sign we see no ones in some fancy outfit I'm changing agreed?" Rose gave a smirk. "Not without me you won't so agreed." She replied happily. Raven rolled her eyes. "Alright well if you get to pick mine I get to pick yours." She commented and a dark smile seemed to appear on her face. "Don't worry I won't pick anything that seems like I'm stealing your soul or something." She commented and gave a small laugh then turned to her closet. Rose seeing the dress once moer smirked. "Alright it's only fair if I make you wear something more girly I guess you have to me too." Rose stated and rolled her one eye she did appercaite how Raven didn't try putting her in pink or something that looked super girly. Neither were anything like what Kori might would make them wear or Cassie.

Raven.(Teen.Titans).full.844373.jpg

Here's Rose's they well don't have her in a dress in all the picks
1257861151_625.jpg

Niether dared to leave Raven's room looking like they did but both knew it was now time to go they hardly could wait to find a way out of the uncomfortable wear but any sign of one trouble and two if they seemed to miss understand the concept of dressing nice. You never could tell with those of different universes or even in their own culture it seemed at times. Raven breathed. "Rose are you ready?" She asked checking once more the coordinates within the letter. Rose gave a nod. "Alright. Azreath Metrion Zinthos" Raven chanted and then the two wear gone from not only Titan's tower and Raven's room but from their universes world as well the next thing the two saw was a new scenery all together.

The Arrival

Raven seeing the decorations gave a small but guine smile. "This looks way better than all the other places I've ended up." She commented not just meaning her past experince with the Murder Games but with the few dances and other strange but special occasions from the past. Even the Halloween events sometimes seemed dull to her. Rose looked around. "It's interesting I'll give you that Rae." She replied then the two began to walk toward who seemed to be checking off the guest they appeared to the two as penguins with bat wings.

The two had made it into the banquet hall just in time to hear everything. Raven didn't ask about the dancing she wasn't the sort to dance. But thought about everything else mentioned knowing they would need to say happy birthday if they met the happy birthday girl. She was glad to hear about the rooms and hoped Rose heard too. She wondered what all Rose may be thinking and also was wondering what this game may be for the night.

Rose had been quiet thinking on similar thoughts to Raven's even if the two didn't realize they were thinking the same on different matters. Then when the man had finished she looked to her fellow friend and team mate. "Hey so Rachel?" She asked the remembered Raven had used her real name for this. "I mean Raven sorry forgot which name you used a moment." She stated and gave a smart alec laugh. She felt accomplished slightly seeing Raven glare. "So what should we do now? Wanna see about dancing or something?" She noticed Raven shrugged but her eyes seemed to be on a man arguing who had red hair. "Um Rae?" She repeated and Raven had shaken her head. "Sorry just it appeared he was arguing about something and you know how I um get when that happens in the tower." Raven replied. Rose nodded. "Yeah we may should figure out why then before well you know your appetite becomes more than food." Rose smiled enjoying how the night was already beginning. Raven sighed. "Yeah better safe than sorry as always...." She replied and let Rose lead the way to the red hair man.

@Librarian Cat
@Atomyk
@Anyone else seeing the Red Haired dude
@Anyone just wanting to chat with Raven/Rose​

Last edited by a moderator:
From up on the catwalk, it was easier to see what the girl was wearing. A provocative black get-up with a low neck-line that showed off a pink bra underneath. On the back were too tiny bat wings that looked similar to the ones the Prinnies had. Even though the Bogyeman had mysteriously materialized on the catwalk akin to a ghost, the girl didn't seem entirely afraid. However, it was easy to notice the falter in her voice. "What? Cat got your tongue? You're not supposed to be up here!"

9yRw0Q2.png

"I'll force you down if I have to! You really don't want to be causing a disturbance here." Rita held a hand out toward the Bogeyman, ready to react to anything he might pull. She relaxed slightly once he started to move away. "There's nothing interesting up here anyway," she added.

---

Rowen smiled evenly at that. He didn't easily let show what was going on inside his head. Or, maybe not much went on in his head at all. Who knew? "Why, the event is meant to be a secret. I am just a poor servant this evening... I didn't make the rules. Mind you, I should be serving, not spending my time with just a single guest..."

1jk0W71.png

"... But I don't mind. If you want to know about Mr. Curtiss, you could talk to him yourself, but if you really need my opinion..." Rowen moved his hand t his chin, looking up toward the cieling in a dramtic display of being deep in thought. "He's a shrewd man. He's built an empire of a company and could easily live in luxury for the rest of his days. Tough, he always seems to want more. He'd the kind of man who keeps his friends close and his enemies closer. Does that make sense to you?"

It was then that Rowen noticed the presence of Jen. He smiled at her and held up his tray. Glasses of win laid on top. "Dear, do you want anything?"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari

---

"... Ohhhh?"

The white-haired woman turned from the people crowding her and gave Yvaine a smile.

jwSassb.png

Hands clasped together in front of her in the visage of a proper lady, the woman's eyes seemed to sparkle. "Yes, hello? Do you have something to say to Lady Melodia?"

@Savannah-Clause

---

9UUPwYz.jpg

"Dood!"

"What have I done?!"

For a moment, Hajime could only stare at the spot that the Prinny occupied in horror, taking a moment to realize what had just happened. The penguin just... It just blew up! That... That woman! She helped us with that vision! He turned to look where the woman who had sent them the vision had stood and nodded at her with a grim expression, giving her a silent thank you before turning to Kieran, "We should tell one of the other workers... And return the clipboard."

@Alyto @The Great Detective @Atomyk

qduz74T.jpg

"What can I say? If you're going to have some fun than best to go all out. Specially if it means I get to meet someone like you." Ghosface commented before Morrigan asked for his name. There was still the slightest bit of paranoia that someone here might recognize him and ChromeSkull so was probably for the best if he kept his mask on for as long as he could.

"Name's Mickey. What's yours?"

ChromeSkull had done as he had said he would. Taking a seat at whatever passed for a bar at this hotel, he'd hold his phone out to the bartender.

HELLO? I'M A GUEST HERE. SO I'D LIKE A DRINK. STRONGEST STUFF YOU HAVE.

Provided ChromeSkull had been given what he asked for, he'd reach for the bottom of his mask and the sound of flesh tearing rang out as he pulled up the mask far enough to reveal his mouth. Which was absolutely riddled with burn tissue from the various acid baths ChromeSkull had undergone.

THIS IS GOOD BY ME. THANKS.

QEZiFi2.jpg

Chugging down what he could of the drink, he'd wince. The pain-killers were slowly beginning to fade and the pain from the burns was starting to take effect. Not that he couldn't handle a little pain here and there, but it would just be such a pain in the ass to deal with.

@Jeremi​

M5_zpsbacerpl4.png

"You can call me Morrigan, darling."

Jezebel didn't need to hear more of this. "When you're done with the boy you'll find me at the bar." She replied to Morrigan before walking off finding a seat next to Chromeskull. "Just give me a whiskey. Straight." She replied to the bartender before turning her attention towards Chromeskull. "You came with the boy didn't you? Doesn't Morrigan make you funny in your loins?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

9yRw0Q2.png

Kiritsugu quickly whispered "Time Alter, triple accel" before time around him slowed down. Quickly he made his way up to where the silent individual was before turning his time magic off. Now standing in front of the man he said "I'll ask again, do you have something to say?".

@Atomyk @DapperDogman

1jk0W71.png

It was then that Rowen noticed the presence of Jen. He smiled at her and held up his tray. Glasses of win laid on top. "Dear, do you want anything?"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari
Gilgamesh simply relaxed in his seat before responding to the man "Well it seems you're not just serving one guest any more!". Then picking up his wine glass he swirled it around a bit, watching the wine swish around inside as he continued "This Mr.Curtiss sounds like he has his priorities right at least. Though I don't know him at all, and I imagine the same applies to many of these guests... So, why go so out of his way to bring us all here? For such a big event surely you staff did something to help out with it all?".

@Atomyk @Mari

Neo couldn't help laugh at that. Her own illusion causing surprise to those present and then resulting with the Prinny actually exploding. Jeez, that went better than she thought. Finishing her drink, it appeared that they probably thought something else than her actual doing, so Neo decided to walk up to the group directly.

e875306ef2963fd8dc4cf709144fb334.jpg

"..."

Again, not much of a talker, but at least she's acknowledged them in some way.

@The Yuletide Tactician @Alyto @Atomyk

1jk0W71.png

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari

Jen Yu was amazed, that she could understand the westerner old man speak. And, by extension, it seemed she could understand the others as well, though she was not paying attention to their words at this time.

She recognized the type of drink, if not exactly the drink itself. It was intoxicating, even the scent of it was such... she generally would try to avoid indulging herself, believing it to be an inhibitor to the senses and abilities. But in this moment, there was no danger, no urgency, no need to think too deeply. And, just one...

ziyi-zhang-as-jen-yu-in-crouching-tiger-hidden.jpg

"I would like to have one glass," she said to the elder man, "and to introduce myself I am Jen Yu."

@Atomyk @Gen. Magic Senpai

9yRw0Q2.png

"I'll force you down if I have to! You really don't want to be causing a disturbance here." Rita held a hand out toward the Bogeyman, ready to react to anything he might pull. She relaxed slightly once he started to move away. "There's nothing interesting up here anyway," she added.​
He looks over his shoulder toward her for a second, only one of his eyepieces staring at her for a lonely moment, the reflection of the light in the glass giving him an eerie look as what looked like flames could be seen within the mask, licking up against the side of the glass and out the front of the filter as what sounded like a rasp could be heard "Shhhhhh" it was unclear if he'd made the noise, or if it was just air escaping from the mask​
Kiritsugu quickly whispered "Time Alter, triple accel" before time around him slowed down. Quickly he made his way up to where the silent individual was before turning his time magic off. Now standing in front of the man he said "I'll ask again, do you have something to say?".
He turns, only to see Kiritsugu face to face with him, the fire not seeming to be there for him, instead he'd see what resembled fog within the mask, some seeping out from the filter
He cocks his head slightly to the side, as if curious as to how he got up there, before he shook his head slowly, a grunt escaping the mask as he attempts to move past the male

He had a feeling it would come to this

Man, Murphy was right...the women here are out of this world!

Coraline happily returned the wave, catching an eyeful of her friend as well. Red skin? Horns? Ah, whatever, better than ghouls!

"Feel free to give me a holler whenever! Drinks are on me!" she responded, addressing the both of them, noticing they had their hands full with minglers already.

So Coraline moved on for the time being, spying out some of the other guests present. There were plenty of people in what seemed to be...crude power armour. That wasn't actual, medieval ages armour was it? Huh. There were little guys, big guys...

And a skeleton.

Why not?

Coraline approached Papyrus, clearing her throat and putting on a fake, gruff man's voice.

"What are you, foul being? A skeleton, risen from the grave?! Absurdity! Surely, you are but another one of the dreaded Don Diablo's tricks!"

@Jeremi @DapperDogman

Neo couldn't help laugh at that. Her own illusion causing surprise to those present and then resulting with the Prinny actually exploding. Jeez, that went better than she thought. Finishing her drink, it appeared that they probably thought something else than her actual doing, so Neo decided to walk up to the group directly.

"..."

tumblr_inline_mr6cyjeeQQ1qz4rgp.jpg

The girl struck him with an odd feeling, one that caused him to recall having felt it before. For a moment, he gave her a confused look, trying to remember where he had felt this way before. With how little she talked and how she seemed to know more than she was letting on, a certain individual from Sovionok came to mind and he tilted his head to the side, "Hey... Neo, is that you?"​

He looks over his shoulder toward her for a second, only one of his eyepieces staring at her for a lonely moment, the reflection of the light in the glass giving him an eerie look as what looked like flames could be seen within the mask, licking up against the side of the glass and out the front of the filter as what sounded like a rasp could be heard "Shhhhhh" it was unclear if he'd made the noise, or if it was just air escaping from the mask​

He turns, only to see Kiritsugu face to face with him, the fire not seeming to be there for him, instead he'd see what resembled fog within the mask, some seeping out from the filter
He cocks his head slightly to the side, as if curious as to how he got up there, before he shook his head slowly, a grunt escaping the mask as he attempts to move past the male

He had a feeling it would come to this

Either this man was very quiet, or his gear was preventing him from speaking, which could be the case seeing as air had to escape from his helmet. Regardless, Kiritsugu knew better than to leave a threat unchecked, so when the man attempted to walk past Kiritsugu stepped in front of him, holding out his hand to stop him. He then looking the individual dead in the eyes asked "If you're not going to say anything the least you can do is nod your head... Do you intend on making trouble?".

@Atomyk @DapperDogman

9yRw0Q2.png

---

1jk0W71.png

It was then that Rowen noticed the presence of Jen. He smiled at her and held up his tray. Glasses of wine laid on top. "Dear, do you want anything?"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari

---

"... Ohhhh?"

jwSassb.png

@Savannah-Clause

---

9UUPwYz.jpg

"Dood!"

"What have I done?!"

tumblr_inline_n2kk0f1sZV1re9spw.png

"Whoa..."

"..."

tumblr_inline_n69zhlS2Tg1re9spw.png

Something tells Peashy that this girl is like someone...

"Umm... hi?"

@The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk @The Great Detective

Status
Not open for further replies.