Murder Tale II: Eden and the Forgotten People

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
firedrake_character_sheet_no_1_by_firedrake150-d4c59hf.jpg

Fire smiles, Spreading his wings once Reid Decides upon whether or not to climb on (Leaving the option open in case he DOES.) Smiling* "You ready?" Take off is the hardest part!" He smiles, Having a hard time actually believing he is going to fly with a rider, and trusting her implicitly, as killing him in the air would also doom the passengers. Fire smiles softly still, Seeing the joy in Nana, and Her joy makes himself happy. Fire tries to hide his own tears of happiness, but finds it difficult, as he lives to make others joyful. If all that takes is a flight with them on his back, then a flight so shall it be. Amongst his happiness, he also finds that he is happy to have a friend or two once again, and figures that if the three of them survive the encounter, the new life could be one in which they all could be happy, despite his initial protests.

@Nate Dawg @Mari
"Ready! Take off!" Nana Osaki yells to Fire, enthusiastically, as the thrill ride began.

tumblr_me7re95M8j1rs9nl7o1_500.jpg

Nana Osaki enjoys the moment, the view, and simply the idea, that she would ride atop a real dragon in the air, and she felt the air flow past and around her body, and through her hair, as she hung on for dear life, but she trusted this gentle giant of a creature with her safety. "Thank you, Fire!" she said happily as the flight ended, and Nana stepped off the dragon, looking around while she would regain her composure and reflect on what she just experienced.

She was just happy, living out a childhood dream well past her childhood years.

Naoki stared down the beasts from afar, watching their movement and the way the pack seemed to operate. Seven beasts might be difficult to kill, but then again, they had a relatively powerful team from what he could see. "I think we should fight them," he allowed the cold metal staff to rest on his shoulder using one hand, the other hand slipping into his pocket.

"Plus it looks like the beasts have our scent already," his eyebrow cocked up as one of the beasts began sniffing. These things weren't just a few animals huddled together for safety, they were a hunting pack, the predators of the forest. So if the beasts were predators, that made Naoki's group the, "Prey."

Prey. The word in connection to him made the hair of his neck stand up. It had been a long time since he had been prey. Just like before, he hated the insecurity it brought forth. He couldn't stand for it, it felt too imprisoning, too constricting, too... "Weak." No, he couldn't stand feeling weak. Humanity had for too long been weak and too little been powerful. Now was not the time for man to return to another beast's rule, instinctual or deliberate.

@Krieg @TheColourlessRainbow @Verite

Last edited by a moderator:
Prologue: ::ERROR()

Red@Transistor:~$ init RECURSION()

[BCOLOR=#00ccff]"Damn it Red... Do you even know if what we're doing has any effect at all?"[/BCOLOR]

Truth be told, she didn't care. She had to be at least partially responsible for what had happened. The Process would not have been unleashed if she had been downloaded... Hell - maybe Cloudbank wouldn't have had to go through what it's going through if she wasn't such a person.

And now she had a tool to try and solve it all.

Maybe.

Though for now it seemed a pointless behavior - times again she tried returning to the point where she gained ownership of the Transistor. Times again, Cloudbank got even more affected by the Process. And she'd have to fight through them again to have a chance to access the backups - which were infected anyway.

But she had to keep trying. Cloudbank was all she had.

And thus, she had pass over pass. Turns over turns of erasing traces of the Process. Loops and loops of seeing the one she cared for die; repeats and repeats of knowing that anyone that could matter were dead.

She had the one paintbrush to the city and she wasn't damned to do anything to save it. Sure - she could rewrite it back in, restore it to it's glory... but what is a city without people to live in it?

Plus - even if she did manage to save things, she still had to find a way to get her friend back.

::ERROR()
EAX508 - ATTEMPTING RESTORE

EAX508-500 - ATTEMPTING REROUTE/INTERRUPT

EAX502 - SEEKING

EAX302 - TRANSFERRING...

There was a blackout. The system had made an error - and she was literally thrown out of Cloudbank.

She felt the transfer - nothing ever pleasant, as it was not meant to happen for Traces.

And she arrived. She looked around - this was nothing like her world.

Endless leaves... Huge leaf registers on tree... A Cloudbank prototype, or an upgrade with new hardware?

It mattered not. It might actually positively matter - maybe the key to saving Cloudbank was within this new world...

Eden? At least that's what the man called. She had never heard of such a place. But she'd need to get acclimatized fast - apparently she was to live for quite a while here...

As she observed, her eyes caught on the table with the tomes and weapons and books. She decided to investigate the aforementioned table, propping the Transistor up so that it could also get a more thorough analysis of what she was investigating.
The table held at least a dozen of spell books, all holding over 1500 hundred spells all together, vary types of weapons sat scattered around, swords and shields and spears and so much more where made from bronze, Sliver, Gold and even diamond. Spell tomes sat at the very edge of the table, 40 different tomes could be seen, and each held only one specific spell.

[Am I too late to start. Or can I post my prologue]

Prologue:

Samus felt like she was flying around the universe. She thought about Big Bird, her parents, and everyone she has known to love. She got weird flashbacks of a robot, not like any she had seen, fighting her. And one about running up a giant building and... and... a small girl being devoured by horrible creatures. The bounty hunter felt herself drifting off to sleep and then THUD. She had fell on the ground. As the bounty hunter was getting up she noticed the massive trees and all of the beautiful leaves. I've never seen so much plant life since Talon IV, wow. Thought the woman as she heard the boy talking. I HAVE A QUESTION! WHERE THE HELL ARE WE? Yelled Samus while wiping some dirt off of her power suit. She clearly had other places to be, mostly to hunt down that new Space Pirate HQ in another quadrant.

Prologue
The Streets Run Red

Reddington relaxed in his chair, sipping a martini lazily. Sitting out on the terrace, overlooking the city of Beijing, he had such a wonderful view of the carnage he had illustrated. Their was nothing more fun than toppling governments. He had considered doing it to the United States before, but Lizzy lived there, and he needed the FBI to deal with many of the Blacklisters. Wars were being raged in the street. Soldiers fought desperately to get the better of angry hordes. Just one thing was missing... Ah, yes. The real reason he was here. He needed a murderer's head on a platter.

Before long, he was sitting at a table with said dictator. This man had been pulling strings for years. A rebellion was exactly the kind of distraction Red needed to get at him.

screen-shot-2014-04-30-at-10-36-31-am.png

Red sat there, and they talked for a while. Dembe was never far, scaring off or shooting anyone approaching them threateningly rather quickly. Eventually the man spoke up about more pressing matters. "Aren't you going to kill me, Raymond?"

"Of course." Red laughed. "I just wanted to get to see what kind of person you were. To see if the world would miss you." Red's smile vanished. "It won't." He shot the man in the forehead. "Alright, Dembe, let's get going. Cooper is going to kill me." The smile was back. They were already on a jet back to America when Red... well, he wasn't quite sure what happened. All he knew was that the last thing he remembered doing was complimenting a rather attractive flight attendant, and now, he was here. What and where this place was had been lost in his mind.

That was odd.

He proceeded to explore the peculiar town, tipping his hat to the members of this strange community. The congregation of people at the tournament caught and held his attention. He approached quietly, tilting his head in confusion. "What's going on here, dare I ask?"

@Anyone

((Now... to write House's prologue!))

Last edited by a moderator:
Prologue
A House Built on Sand

Greg House. Brilliant diagnostician. Drug addict. Narcissist. Altogether attention whore. That being said, on this fall evening, he sat alone on the floor of his bathroom. His head tilted back as he took a Vicodin. His eyes looked up at the ceiling. Ever since his time in Eden, he had been rather shaken. It wasn't a Vicodin hallucination. In fact, he was quite certain he knew what it was. Naturally, of course, he couldn't tell anyone, though.

Finally, he moved to his bed and tried to distract himself by watching T.V.

large.jpg

That was about when he found himself back in Eden.

His frown deepened until he found the group. "Hey, blondie... Miss me?"

@Savvy Savant

Prologue:

Samus felt like she was flying around the universe. She thought about Big Bird, her parents, and everyone she has known to love. She got weird flashbacks of a robot, not like any she had seen, fighting her. And one about running up a giant building and... and... a small girl being devoured by horrible creatures. The bounty hunter felt herself drifting off to sleep and then THUD. She had fell on the ground. As the bounty hunter was getting up she noticed the massive trees and all of the beautiful leaves. I've never seen so much plant life since Talon IV, wow. Thought the woman as she heard the boy talking. I HAVE A QUESTION! WHERE THE HELL ARE WE? Yelled Samus while wiping some dirt off of her power suit. She clearly had other places to be, mostly to hunt down that new Space Pirate HQ in another quadrant.
The boy gave the suited women a glare,

"Eden." stated the boy at her, his face showing a tad bite of annoyance.

"Don't any of you listen....?" mumbled the boy.

Prologue
The Streets Run Red

Reddington relaxed in his chair, sipping a martini lazily. Sitting out on the terrace, overlooking the city of Beijing, he had such a wonderful view of the carnage he had illustrated. Their was nothing more fun than toppling governments. He had considered doing it to the United States before, but Lizzy lived there, and he needed the FBI to deal with many of the Blacklisters. Wars were being raged in the street. Soldiers fought desperately to get the better of angry hordes. Just one thing was missing... Ah, yes. The real reason he was here. He needed a murderer's head on a platter.

Before long, he was sitting at a table with said dictator. This man had been pulling strings for years. A rebellion was exactly the kind of distraction Red needed to get at him.

Red sat there, and they talked for a while. Dembe was never far, scaring off or shooting anyone approaching them threateningly rather quickly. Eventually the man spoke up about more pressing matters. "Aren't you going to kill me, Raymond?"

"Of course." Red laughed. "I just wanted to get to see what kind of person you were. To see if the world would miss you." Red's smile vanished. "It won't." He shot the man in the forehead. "Alright, Dembe, let's get going. Cooper is going to kill me." The smile was back. They were already on a jet back to America when Red... well, he wasn't quite sure what happened. All he knew was that the last thing he remembered doing was complimenting a rather attractive flight attendant, and now, he was here. What and where this place was had been lost in his mind.

That was odd.

He proceeded to explore the peculiar town, tipping his hat to the members of this strange community. The congregation of people at the tournament caught and help his attention. He approached quietly, tilting his head in confusion. "What's going on here, dare I ask?"

@Anyone

((Now... to write House's prologue!))
Artorias turned, seeing the curious looking man approach the gathering of people around the tournament. Artorias approached the man, standing infront of him. Artorias looked down. [BCOLOR=#0000ff]"Greetings," [/BCOLOR]he said simply. This one seemed to carry an aura of confidence with him, and seemed quite normal, despite the strange garb.

Prologue
A House Built on Sand

Greg House. Brilliant diagnostician. Drug addict. Narcissist. Altogether attention whore. That being said, on this fall evening, he sat alone on the floor of his bathroom. His head tilted back as he took a Vicodin. His eyes looked up at the ceiling. Ever since his time in Eden, he had been rather shaken. It wasn't a Vicodin hallucination. In fact, he was quite certain he knew what it was. Naturally, of course, he couldn't tell anyone, though.

Finally, he moved to his bed and tried to distract himself by watching T.V.

large.jpg

That was about when he found himself back in Eden.

His frown deepened until he found the group. "Hey, blondie... Miss me?"

@Savvy Savant
stardust-yvaine.jpg

"House!" With the way the female lit up(literally.. She actually lit up) at the appearance of the man she'd prior had something of a misadventure with, the answer to his question was pretty obvious. In fact, she was so happy to see a familiar face that she almost went to hug him without thinking about it.

Almost.

She manage to suppress the urge and stop herself upon recollection the man likely didn't want her arms around him, so she kept her hands to herself.

She was tempted to deny the answer, to say she was just glad to see someone familiar, but it'd be an obvious lie. "Yes.. I did. I could ask the same," she mused, offering a slight grin. Though, she had a feeling she knew the answer.​

Last edited:
Artorias turned, seeing the curious looking man approach the gathering of people around the tournament. Artorias approached the man, standing infront of him. Artorias looked down. [BCOLOR=#0000ff]"Greetings," [/BCOLOR]he said simply. This one seemed to carry an aura of confidence with him, and seemed quite normal, despite the strange garb.
Red frowned at Artorias, but it quickly turned into a boyish grin. "Well, you certainly are a large fellow! How are you on this fine day? Robert Bortner, at your service." Giving his name right off the bat was not something Red was inclined to do, especially with some sword-wielding stranger.​

stardust-yvaine.jpg

"House!" With the way the female lit up(literally.. She actually lit up) at the appearance of the man she'd prior had something of a misadventure with, the answer to his question was pretty obvious. In fact, she was so happy to see a familiar face that she almost went to hug him without thinking about it.

Almost.

She manage to suppress the urge and stop herself upon recollection the man likely didn't want her arms around him, so she kept her hands to herself.

She was tempted to deny the answer, to say she was just glad to see someone familiar, but it'd be an obvious lie. "Yes.. I did. I could ask the same," she mused, offering a slight grin. Though, she had a feeling she knew the answer.​
"That would be my name." House frowned at her excitement. The feeling wasn't reciprocated, though he was admittedly rather happy to see her. If he was going to go through all of this again, he was glad it was with Yvaine's help. "Nah, I didn't miss ya. Though I guess the stench of naivete was always kind of endearing."

@SirDerpingtonIV
@Savvy Savant
@Anyone Else​

"So, miss Bad Wolf, is that your real name? Seems an odd name, unless you're from a people who believe in an animistic religion," Robin pondered aloud, trying to pass the time till the match started.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheColourlessRainbow

The woman turned around and glanced at Robin, releasing The Doctor's hands before walking a half circle around the young man who was to be her opponent. "There is another name I go by. It's..." She paused, seeming to struggle a big before blurting out, "Rose. This form is called Rose. But I'm not really the original Rose. I only look like her. I'm more of a wolf than a rose," she mumbled. "And you, what are you?" she asked, meaning his name.

@The Pimp Tactician @TheColourlessRainbow

@FireDrake150
@Mari

Reid watched in surprise when Nana stepped onto the winged beast and they took off, he watched them go for several minuets, trying to rationalize this situation as Fire and Nana came in for a landing. When Nana got off, she seemed like she just got off the worlds best rollar coaster

"I'm guessing riding on the back of a dragon was pretty enjoyable." He said.

Red frowned at Artorias, but it quickly turned into a boyish grin. "Well, you certainly are a large fellow! How are you on this fine day? Robert Bortner, at your service." Giving his name right off the bat was not something Red was inclined to do, especially with some sword-wielding stranger.​

"That would be my name." House frowned at her excitement. The feeling wasn't reciprocated, though he was admittedly rather happy to see her. If he was going to go through all of this again, he was glad it was with Yvaine's help. "Nah, I didn't miss ya. Though I guess the stench of naivete was always kind of endearing."

@SirDerpingtonIV
@Savvy Savant
@Anyone Else​
All this really did was earn an eye roll... Something House seemed to be good at doing. "And I quite missed those immature quips of yours, too," she chuckled. For once, it seemed she wasn't bothered by the snappy comment, and didn't even bother with a witty retaliation.​

The boy smiled as the stage was clear, the two opponents where speaking to one another, and of course that was never a problem, but the boy wanted to move along his tournament before the spell would to be lifted. He stood in the middle of the stage, speaking loud enough to break the conversation between the two,

"Round one of the tournament starts in just a few moments, you may use one spell book/tome, and one weapon, rather to simplify, you can use two of the weapons provided for you. Or, you can not use either, its all up to you, powers and abilities you already weld will also be able to be used. Since this boy has already chosen his weapons," said the boy as he looked to Bad Wolf,

"Would you like to grab any before the round starts?" asked the boy.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@The Pimp Tactician

All this really did was earn an eye roll... Something House seemed to be good at doing. "And I quite missed those immature quips of yours, too," she chuckled. For once, it seemed she wasn't bothered by the snappy comment, and didn't even bother with a witty retaliation.​
"Immature? I'm hurt." House pouted and crossed his arms. "So, what the Hell is going on here?" His eyes scanned the crew. "Is this some sort of musical? Like a jacked up version of 'Into the Woods'?"

@Savvy Savant

Prologue: Beauty shots

Modeling isn't easy, you know? Not a normal person is born for it. You have to be more than human. Part modern day god or godesss. Not a hair out of place The year is 2015. Everyone has a Phone. That means everyone has camera Tyler Breeze was made to be taken by though cameras . Suddenly gone from summer home in Helsinki Finland. He awakened in "Eden". Checking his person for his phone, Tyler would take a Selfie, as he addressed the group.

@anybody

Tyler-Breeze.jpg

"You know, for a place called Eden, there's a lot of Ug-os here."

Last edited:
@TheColourlessRainbow

Red pondered for a little, before picking up a spell tome and reading it. By her logic - if a single ability took an entire book, it must be quite more powerful than the abilities what are crammed together in a book. Though she DID feel it strange to use such an archaic method of data acquisition...

"Immature? I'm hurt." House pouted and crossed his arms. "So, what the Hell is going on here?" His eyes scanned the crew. "Is this some sort of musical? Like a jacked up version of 'Into the Woods'?"

@Savvy Savant
"Yes, immature," she answered, only grinning at the pout. "Oh, hush. Don't pretend I've the capacity to actually hurt you," she teased. Though, she simply took a glance around, boring her cheek. "I'm.. Not sure. Mayhaps we should take a look around?" she suggested.​

Status
Not open for further replies.