Murder Tale II: Eden and the Forgotten People

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Sighs, Electing to not sign in at the moment, heading away to investigate the immediate area, until he notices a single isolated human sitting in the clearing, watching over everyone. "Hello there." He smiles softly, trying to be as friendly as possible, realizing how humans typically react in the presence of dragons, regardless of how big or small they may be. "I realize this is a shot in the dark, but do you have any idea how we wound up here?" Fire looks at the FBI Agent curiously, a slight breeze flowing through his hair as well as through the leaves on the ground. "I ended up here with a dislocated wing, so however it happened, the fall had to have been pretty bad, if you could call that blackness a fall." He smiles, but his eyes and face betray his fear at what was said to the group.

@Nate Dawg

yvaine203152.jpg

Yvaine watched as the Doctor walked off, immediately recognizing the way he was acting as the signs of being in love. She knew them all too well.. And she'd been in it before, as well. This caused both joy and pain to watch, due to the fact the woman had long since lost her one lover. But hey... Maybe she'd find someone new. Nobody would ever truly replace Tristan, but.. The man would've wanted her to move on, right?

Shaking off these painful thoughts, Yvaine quietly glanced at Jack, tilting her head. "So, erm.. You all know each other, then?" she asked, curiously. Though, she already knew the answer.. it was an obvious yes. "Regardless... I don't suppose you could help me find my friend... If you could call him that," she asked sheepishly, though, the last part was muttered under her breath.

@DapperDogman @Anyone else who wants to talk to the North Star

princess_yum_yum_by_kawaiibrit-d56hnym.png

The princess sighed softly as the first pair of folk were called to compete in the first match of the tournament. She was bored, and aggravated, and generally fed up. She wanted to explore new lands and all, but this wasn't exactly what she'd had in mind... However, maybe it'd prove an enjoyable adventure and change of pace for the stubborn woman.

Besides.. Maybe she could meet some interesting new people on the way?

Her purple eyes flitted over the others around her boredly, and it seemed she wanted to talk and approach someone, but was resisting the urge, apparently keeping her mouth firmly shut. Maybe it was because she couldn't speak properly, due to her newly acquired curse?

@Anyone who needs someone to interact with or hear Yum Yum's singing voice​

When under stress of needing to relax, Nana would usually smoke a cigarette. She looked around, and it did not seem to be against any rule here, so she pulled out a cigarette and lit it. She looked around at the others present, but felt herself very curious about one, one creature that seemed very different, very out of place.

nana_osaki_by_oni_demone-d72frai.png

"Are you, really, a dragon?" she asked the large creature.

@FireDrake150

firedrake_character_sheet_no_1_by_firedrake150-d4c59hf.jpg

the large reptile looks up and over to her* Yes, I am indeed." He notices the cigarette, but rather then mentioning it, as it really doesn't matter with their current predicament. "Is there any way I can help you?" He glances from Reid to Nana.

@Mari @Nate Dawg

Vanilla Ice would have looked around in his dazed state. He had half listened to what had been said but little had registered. Then in the corner of the eye he'd see him. "Lord Dio!"

Diego Brando meanwhile would turn around when his nickname had been spoken. "Are you talking to me?" He asked confused pointing a finger at himself.

The look on Ice's face was one of pure bliss when he moved towards Diego pushing anyone else out of his way. "Lord Dio it is you! I was lost in the abyss my task not being fulfilled! But now that you are here I am yours to command!"

Diego looked like he had stepped in some dog shit. Lord? Dio? What was this garish man to him? A crazed fan? Stalker? Would be the first time his stalker would be male. "You must be mistaken good sir. I am Diego Brando, and I chastise you for speaking my nickname in vain."

In response Ice would fall down on one knee and look down at the ground. "L-lord Dio...how can you say such things?"

"For the final time that is not my name, and we are not familiar enough for you to use my nickname in such a brazen way." The lord part however...that had a nice ring to it.

Ice would finally look up at the man and inspected his face intently. It was true he did resemble his Lord, but this one seemed younger, the ruthlessness of his lord was evident but not as severe. The clothes were all different as well. What now though? His voice...Was it his lord from the past? The potential was there...this Diego Brando was no false idol. "I apologize Lord Dio-Diego." Ice stood up. "Your face and your tone...you aren't my lord, but you can be. Please allow me to follow you, not a single drop of your blood will fall as long as I look over you."

Diego would just roll his eyes before turning around and walking away. "Do what you will I do not care either way." But inside he was smiling. This man was clearly a slave to his every whim, he could use that.

The road seemed to go on forever, and ever and ever, until finally something came into view. As the group neared the figure it seemed to be a large pack of 7 creatures, who all were exactly the same, appearances and all. The large group would have a low chance of death due to there numbers and weapons if the decided to attack the pack. One of the creatures sniffed the air, as if the scent of the group has hit its none existing noise.

doulos.jpg

Diego and by proxy Vanilla Ice had followed the small group down the road. Seeing the rest of the group take caution Diego would form his nostrils to that of the form of a dinosaur. A horrible odor...what were those beasts?

@The Pimp Tactician @Krieg @Verite @Ouchies @TheColourlessRainbow

the large reptile looks up and over to her* Yes, I am indeed." He notices the cigarette, but rather then mentioning it, as it really doesn't matter with their current predicament. "Is there any way I can help you?" He glances from Reid to Nana.

@Mari @Nate Dawg
Not only was it a dragon, but it spoke. Nana was speechless for a few seconds, it was like being in a fairytale, a children's story. But she was actually here, physically. And so was the dragon. She just looked at it, wondering.

nana-osaki.jpg

Then, after thinking of what to say, she found the courage and moment to say it. "I am Nana Osaki, from Tokyo, Japan. Who are you and where are you from?"

She thought, perhaps talking to it like a person, a normal person, was the right, polite approach. She felt herself socially awkward, and this situation was one that made her feel even more awkward. But she found this one the most interesting, the one she was most curious about here. So she stood there, waiting for the dragon's answer.

He nods* Tokyo, eh? Large city. Believe it or not I am actually from Minami Ward, Kyoto, Japan. Though I haven't been there for years." He smiles at first, but frowns at the thought of having been gone for so long. "Pleasure to meet you Nana, My Name Is FireDrake, or Fire." He smiles softly again. Despite being a dragon, he doesn't seem the least bit interested in doing any harm to anyone.

@Mari
@FireDrake150

Reid cautiously watched the exchange between the woman and a beast he only heard about in fairytales his mother read when she wasn't having one of her episodes. When he overheard her begin with formalities, he decided to introduce himself as well.

" Spencer Reid, Dr. Spencer Reid of the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI. Quantico, Virginia, USA " he said in a professional manner, getting up and dusting himself off.

He nods* Tokyo, eh? Large city. Believe it or not I am actually from Minami Ward, Kyoto, Japan. Though I haven't been there for years." He smiles at first, but frowns at the thought of having been gone for so long. "Pleasure to meet you Nana, My Name Is FireDrake, or Fire." He smiles softly again. Despite being a dragon, he doesn't seem the least bit interested in doing any harm to anyone.
Nana smiled at the dragon, at the revelation that he was also from her home country. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Fire", she said as she looked at him.

9f6f42c98a_46264905_o2.jpg

"I hope we can be friends. Even if I have never been to Kyoto and have no desire to visit."

Fire looks over to the Dr., tilting his head. "I See, though I have no idea what any of that is, its a pleasure to meet you, Reid." He Smiles a bit, looking into the sky for a moment. "I'd offer to fly you guys around a bit, but, Who knows how high the magical barrier goes. Being the only creature here capable of flight, extending the range in the vertical axis is likely not all that important to Whoever wanted us all here." he sighs a little. "Either of you two have any idea whats going on?" *he nods* Kyoto is a beautiful place. if you ever wind up there, try and enjoy it. But I can understand not wanting to go there. I Hope we can be friends as well. and goodness knows we'll need all the friends we can get here, I just have a feeling, or an instinct, or something."

(Will be relatively inactive tomarrow while at work. I work as a Cashier (makes sense I think, but still) from 1 PM to 9:30 PM Mountain time. I can respond at lunch, and if I get breaks. So be aware. ^^; . I'm not getting off yet though. XD)

@Nate Dawg @Mari

Last edited:
@Mari
@FireDrake150

Reid cautiously watched the exchange between the woman and a beast he only heard about in fairytales his mother read when she wasn't having one of her episodes. When he overheard her begin with formalities, he decided to introduce himself as well.

" Spencer Reid, Dr. Spencer Reid of the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI. Quantico, Virginia, USA " he said in a professional manner, getting up and dusting himself off.
She looked back at the man who introduced himself. He sounded like an authority, though she was not sure. The acronym FBI was one that made her wary of him. "Nana Osaki, from Tokyo, Japan", she introduced herself.

Nana_Osaki.png

She looked at him, curiously.

She looked back at the man who introduced himself. He sounded like an authority, though she was not sure. The acronym FBI was one that made her wary of him. "Nana Osaki, from Tokyo, Japan", she introduced herself.

Nana_Osaki.png

She looked at him, curiously.
"Ah Japan, Land of the Rising Sun. I always wished to go there as a child, but alas, my family never had enough money." Reid said. "Regardless, it's nice to meet you Miss Osaki, feel free to call me Reid or Agent Reid."

"Ah Japan, Land of the Rising Sun. I always wished to go there as a child, but alas, my family never had enough money." Reid said. "Regardless, it's nice to meet you Miss Osaki, feel free to call me Reid or Agent Reid."
"Nice to meet you, Agent Reid", Nana said, not wanting to offend him so she gave the most polite option available as an answer.

She then turned towards Fire, who was already her favorite person, or creature present at this place.

0633b680ec55d75509b80e02e85cfce0.jpg

"Fire," she asked, "can you fly?". "And, could you take me on your back if you can fly?".

@FireDrake150

Fire stretches his wings, tests their movement, and nods, folding them* I can, and yes. Reid, do you want to come too? I'm positive I can support two passengers at once. Hell, I can probably support more." He smiles softly, lowering his wings to provide ladder-like ramps in case they want on.

@Mari @Nate Dawg

Fire stretches his wings, tests their movement, and nods, folding them* I can, and yes. Reid, do you want to come too? I'm positive I can support two passengers at once. Hell, I can probably support more." He smiles softly, lowering his wings to provide ladder-like ramps in case they want on.

@Mari @Nate Dawg
Nana was speechless, in a good way. She quickly went on Fire's back. All her life, she wondered what her life might have been had she been brought up in a normal family, with a normal childhood. To her, this was like making up for the childhood she lost, for at least a little while, she could possibly enjoy what Fire was, what he represented, and feel like a child, and enjoy it.

Fire smiles, doing everything he can to help her on, and then glances at Reid, His offer still extended. "Agent Reid, you're welcome to come on too." Fire smiles, glancing to Nana, happy she seems to be so excited. after all, a group of three would indeed be unlikely to fully perish, especially when one of them was a dragon, young though he is, he'd still make a strong friend and a powerful ally. "You will need to hold on, I have no saddle, nor will I ever care for one, from what I've seen, but it means that it'll be a little more tricky during takeoff and landing." From his back, he would almost feel like a heated pillow, soft and warm, but not excessively either.

@Nate Dawg @Mari

Fire smiles, doing everything he can to help her on, and then glances at Reid, His offer still extended. "Agent Reid, you're welcome to come on too." Fire smiles, glancing to Nana, happy she seems to be so excited. after all, a group of three would indeed be unlikely to fully perish, especially when one of them was a dragon, young though he is, he'd still make a strong friend and a powerful ally. "You will need to hold on, I have no saddle, nor will I ever care for one, from what I've seen, but it means that it'll be a little more tricky during takeoff and landing." From his back, he would almost feel like a heated pillow, soft and warm, but not excessively either.

@Nate Dawg @Mari
Nana looked back at everyone, the joy in her heart obvious on her face, as she was living a childhood dream of riding on a flying dragon.

nana-osaki.jpg

Tears started to form in her eyes, but she wasn't too concerned about it. She wanted to enjoy the moment, the ride atop Fire.

Fire smiles, Spreading his wings once Reid Decides upon whether or not to climb on (Leaving the option open in case he DOES.) Smiling* "You ready?" Take off is the hardest part!" He smiles, Having a hard time actually believing he is going to fly with a rider, and trusting her implicitly, as killing him in the air would also doom the passengers. Fire smiles softly still, Seeing the joy in Nana, and Her joy makes himself happy. Fire tries to hide his own tears of happiness, but finds it difficult, as he lives to make others joyful. If all that takes is a flight with them on his back, then a flight so shall it be. Amongst his happiness, he also finds that he is happy to have a friend or two once again, and figures that if the three of them survive the encounter, the new life could be one in which they all could be happy, despite his initial protests.

@Nate Dawg @Mari

Prologue: ::ERROR()

Red@Transistor:~$ init RECURSION()

[BCOLOR=#00ccff]"Damn it Red... Do you even know if what we're doing has any effect at all?"[/BCOLOR]

Truth be told, she didn't care. She had to be at least partially responsible for what had happened. The Process would not have been unleashed if she had been downloaded... Hell - maybe Cloudbank wouldn't have had to go through what it's going through if she wasn't such a person.

And now she had a tool to try and solve it all.

Maybe.

Though for now it seemed a pointless behavior - times again she tried returning to the point where she gained ownership of the Transistor. Times again, Cloudbank got even more affected by the Process. And she'd have to fight through them again to have a chance to access the backups - which were infected anyway.

But she had to keep trying. Cloudbank was all she had.

And thus, she had pass over pass. Turns over turns of erasing traces of the Process. Loops and loops of seeing the one she cared for die; repeats and repeats of knowing that anyone that could matter were dead.

She had the one paintbrush to the city and she wasn't damned to do anything to save it. Sure - she could rewrite it back in, restore it to it's glory... but what is a city without people to live in it?

Plus - even if she did manage to save things, she still had to find a way to get her friend back.

::ERROR()
EAX508 - ATTEMPTING RESTORE

EAX508-500 - ATTEMPTING REROUTE/INTERRUPT

EAX502 - SEEKING

EAX302 - TRANSFERRING...

There was a blackout. The system had made an error - and she was literally thrown out of Cloudbank.

She felt the transfer - nothing ever pleasant, as it was not meant to happen for Traces.

And she arrived. She looked around - this was nothing like her world.

Endless leaves... Huge leaf registers on tree... A Cloudbank prototype, or an upgrade with new hardware?

It mattered not. It might actually positively matter - maybe the key to saving Cloudbank was within this new world...

Eden? At least that's what the man called. She had never heard of such a place. But she'd need to get acclimatized fast - apparently she was to live for quite a while here...

As she observed, her eyes caught on the table with the tomes and weapons and books. She decided to investigate the aforementioned table, propping the Transistor up so that it could also get a more thorough analysis of what she was investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.