Murder House

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bless his beating heart Lord!" She yelled in a gospel-like voice with her hands outstretched to the 'heavens', mocking religious people. Aurora leaned over the opening of the attic and looked down at Parker, "Don't be an ass." She retorted with an impatient look on her face, "Now get up here and help us find booze."

Reactions: Karuko_TheShifter
Aleks keeps chipping away at the door frame, almost done with it. " i can almost pull the door open..." His grunts of pain and his determination, almost loud enough to be heard throughout the house.

Parker actually laughed considering what he had just learned. "What? Haven't you seen Ghost Busters? It would be pretty f**king rad to be toting around some sexy ghost bitches." Smiling to himself for a couple seconds he added. "You guys wouldn't like me if I wasn't an ass!" Scaling the stairs three at a time he made up into Aleks's room. Walking up behind Nova he gestured for a pack of cigarettes. "Come on. Give it up. The living like cancer sticks too."

"Bless his beating heart Lord!" She yelled in a gospel-like voice with her hands outstretched to the 'heavens', mocking religious people. Aurora leaned over the opening of the attic and looked down at Parker, "Don't be an ass." She retorted with an impatient look on her face, "Now get up here and help us find booze."
Giggling at Aroura's little 'performance', Nova sat down on Aleks's bed.

"Yeah, and gimme back my bottle!" she shouted at Parker, opening up the Emergency carton, dumping the contents out on her lap. Three Zippos, a couple cheap five for a dollar lighters, several packs of smokes... one of which had her name on it. She turned it a few times in her hands. Why does it have her name on it?

When Parker asked for some, she looked up. "Is it an emergency?"

Aleks had finally chipped away enough of the door frame to grab hold of the door and pry it open. He heard nova's shout from down there, so naturally he ran up the stairs and stopped at the foot of the pull down stairs that were there. " You guys better get down here now! I have no idea what you are in my room for but just get out!" Aleks was mainly filled with rage, but a bit of worry, he had no idea what they would find up there. Or if they did find it up there, they would find a way to pin it on me somehow.

Aurora looked over at the pack with Nova's name on it. "You and I both smoke, is there another one with my name on it?" She asked, slightly confused.

Looking back and forth between Nova and the bottle a few times Parker finally gave it up. "Fine. Here. Way to ruin all of my fun!" He scoffed. Seeing the pack with Nova's name on it just added fire to his smartassery. "Ooooh.. Creeepppyyyy. Looks like old 'SuperNova' has got a secret admirer."

"Is it an emergency?!" He questioned. Throwing himself in the floor and onto his back he grabbed at his chest as if he were in pain. "Oh pretty please Miss Nova, dear. Please allow me to partake in the smoking of the cancer. My puny living human lungs can't live without them! Blegghhhh.." Playing dead in the floor for a few seconds before busting into laughter.

Aurora looked over at the pack with Nova's name on it. "You and I both smoke, is there another one with my name on it?" She asked, slightly confused.
Nova shook her head, looking form the other packs to the one in her hand. She was really confused. "Nope. None of the others are labelled."

Forgetting the pack of smokes designated to Nova she threw her head back laughing hysterically at Parker, "Partake in the smoking of the cancer!" Aurora wheezed , her stomach hurting.

Aleks starts to climb the stairs, Now changing from mad to mostly scared of what they will find. He tries to hide behind some boxes he yet to fold up and put away properly. Now, holding his breath, waiting on what is going to happen.

Aleks had finally chipped away enough of the door frame to grab hold of the door and pry it open. He heard nova's shout from down there, so naturally he ran up the stairs and stopped at the foot of the pull down stairs that were there. " You guys better get down here now! I have no idea what you are in my room for but just get out!" Aleks was mainly filled with rage, but a bit of worry, he had no idea what they would find up there. Or if they did find it up there, they would find a way to pin it on me somehow.

Looking back and forth between Nova and the bottle a few times Parker finally gave it up. "Fine. Here. Way to ruin all of my fun!" He scoffed. Seeing the pack with Nova's name on it just added fire to his smartassery. "Ooooh.. Creeepppyyyy. Looks like old 'SuperNova' has got a secret admirer."

"Is it an emergency?!" He questioned. Throwing himself in the floor and onto his back he grabbed at his chest as if he were in pain. "Oh pretty please Miss Nova, dear. Please allow me to partake in the smoking of the cancer. My puny living human lungs can't live without them! Blegghhhh.." Playing dead in the floor for a few seconds before busting into laughter.

Forgetting the pack of smokes designated to Nova she threw her head back laughing hysterically at Parker, "Partake in the smoking of the cancer!" Aurora wheezed , her stomach hurting.
Hearing Aleks shout, Nova stuffed everything except the pack with her name on it (it did have her name on it, after all) back in the carton, setting it back on the bed where she found it.

"Guys, cut it out. You guys aren't even drunk yet." She picked up her vodka bottle and stood up, walking to the stairs. "Let's go. I know there's some in the kitchen."

Hiding behind the boxes, aleks watched nova walk to the open stairs, he wondered what she took. Why she even opened the box in the first place.

Aurora stifled her laughter just long enough to concentrate on not falling off of the step ladder back down to the second floor.

Hiding behind the boxes, aleks watched nova walk to the open stairs, he wondered what she took. Why she even opened the box in the first place.
Aurora stifled her laughter just long enough to concentrate on not falling off of the step ladder back down to the second floor.

Waiting at the top of the stairs for the others to walk down stairs, Nova held up the bottle. Parker had drank a good amount of it, leaving it about half empty. Shrugging, she took a closer look at the labelled pack of cigarettes. They weren't what she usually smoked; she usually went with the cheaper ones, but these were Pall Malls - significantly higher-priced. The plastic on the outside was off... was there something besides cigarettes inside? Or maybe they were laced... which was no big deal, it's not like she hadn't tried pretty much every drug out there while she was alive. Besides, she was dead, it wouldn't do much.

Now even more curious, Nova opened the pack. Inside were seemingly normal cigarettes. Upon further inspection, she noticed that two of them weren't Pall Malls, but Gold Flake. Those were expensive! Before closing the lid, she noticed more writing - "Happy Birthday, Nova" was scribbled on the inside of the lid.

"My birthday..."

While waiting for the others to leave his room aleks' eyes were becoming droopy from sleep, he has yet to sleep within two days and it is now finally getting to him. Behind the boxes he was hiding behind, he slowly fell to the ground and fell asleep.

The last thing he remembered was that it was really, really cold.

Eve stood between her twin and Parker a little flustered. Couldn't she decide where she slept? But, she knew she wouldn't be able to decide anyway. She could tell that her brother was interested in this female, which was a first. He was so use to girls falling to his feet he didn't really catch a girl who he liked to. But she blushed as the female hung onto Nova. Obviously she wasn't interested. But, now she was sleeping in the same room as Parker. It was a little exciting but frightened her at the same time. Not only that, Jake would be sleeping in a room alone now?

"Im okay." he nodded knowing what she was thinking. He sat on the couch with a sigh. He was a little upset but it was ok. Eve had calmly wondered into the kitchen and looked around. The hall wasn't so bad. Not like her brother and Parker exaggerated. It was actually a nice house. She's heard them mention 'ghost' and she understood perfectly that this was a good setting for a haunted home. Almost better. She ran her finger over the table. This was the perfect place to write. She remembered the little six year old. Maybe she like bedtime stories? She could start on one for her. But it had to wait for tomorrow. She was kind of tired.

Yawning she headed up the stairs towards an empty room that looked like it might be the male ghost she'd seen. She headed towards the bed but remembered Parker was sleeping in here too. He might want the bed and she didn't have an issue with sleeping on the floor like her snoring snobbish brother down stairs. She looked to Alek and blinked. He looked cold. She began in search for blankets and pillows. There were four pillows on the bed and it didn't seem that Parker would mind two taken. She gripped two in her left arm.

She searched the closet grabbing two blankets and dropping one of each beside the bed and the other blanket and pillow she took over to Alek. She raised his head softly not to wake him and slipped the pillow under him before spreading the sky blue blanket over him. She even took her pink expensive winter hat off her head and put it on his before dropping on the floor beside the bed. She cuddled up with her pillow and blanket before closing her eyes. Her jacket gave her extra warmth but the floor was still hard and cold and so was she. Her nose was red, it always did that in cold weather and she shivered once before dosing.

(Edited)

Last edited:
Not really in the mood for the company of others anymore, Nova fumbled her way down the stairs and to her bedroom. Slipping out of her jeans, she curled up on her bed. She set the pack of cigarettes on her bedside table and spent a moment looking at it.

"He remebered my birthday," she muttered before rolling over to face the wall, and falling asleep soon after.

Slowly rising back to his feet from the cold floor, Parker's stomach hurt from laughter and his body warm from the copious amount of liquor he had consumed. He actually felt good, all things considered. Somewhere deep down he was actually happy being stuck in here with this group of people that al seemed to come from completely different walks of life. Life being used loosely in this description.

Stumbling down the stairs from the attic he landed flat on his back, after missing a couple steps, and groaned after impact. Shuffling to his feet once again he dragged his feet down the hallway, peeling off his shirt and dropping it on his way to the nearest bedroom. Next came the shoes with no less than a massive amount of effort. His loosely tied black Vans proved more than a challenge than his inebriated state could handle. Continuously bumping into walls and having to prop himself up every few feet, he finally managed to get them off. Shoving past the door and bumping into the door frame he slowly walked toward the bed, his head spinning. Glancing down he saw Eve seemingly asleep. Her nose a cherry red and her body still shaking. Despite his better judgment, he hoisted her up as easily as he could manage to keep from waking her and laid her on the bed. Sloppily tucking her into the blankets, he climbed over top of her to fall into bed on the other side. Falling into a deep, almost peaceful sleep.

The joy was always short lived though. The nightmares that plagued his dreams always had a way of making him feel restless even in the deepest of sleeps. His body would jerk and his face always bared a pained look mixed with a generous amount of fear that he was never able to express in his waking hours. Alas, rest does come for the damned but at a price paid in full by destruction of their minds.

"Parker?" Eve muttered sleepily sitting up and rubbing her eyes. How'd she end up on the bed? Wasn't she on the floor. She rested one hand beside her leaning on it. He was moving a lot in his sleep and she immediately drew her attention to him flushing at the fact they were sleeping in the same bed. She shook him a little bit whispering as not to wake Alek. "Hey, Parker. Wake up." she murmured softly. He smelt alcohol on him and it made her eyes burn but she was fine. She just wanted to make sure he was alright.

Annie whimpered in her sleep.

Ghosts normally didn't dream in their sleep. Annie didn't have any reason why she was dreaming, if it even was a dream. She squeezed her tiny fists, and despite her Latino heritage making her a more tan ghost, her knuckles were completely white. She tossed and turned, and suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Annie bolted awake, sobbing. She took deep breaths, and the spot where the hand had touched her shoulder in her dream burned.

She had seen him again.

The glimpse she got of her murderer was forever implanted in her mind. The glimpse before she had died.

And so she cried. It wasn't as loud, but the tears were heartbreaking, and sad to the saddest level. Only those in the room closest would hear her.

((so we time skipped or nah?))

Status
Not open for further replies.