Status
Not open for further replies.
Mipha was caught off guard by Dorian's words. It was true that she had killed for the sake of protecting her people. The whole purpose of the Divine Beast she controlled was to kill Calamity Ganon. But Ganon and his monsters weren't filled with the same life as humans, were they?

"In times of war and need, I will concede that violence is necessary. However, it is not always the only option. Right now, we are able to talk rationally with Birdie and Noemblu. The option exists to keep them from killing other's without taking their lives.

"If violence was our primary solution, then what if we had guessed wrong? Even I can't restore life to a dead being. However, the price of life isn't taken away when being teleported away. Violence should be the last solution, as it comes with the heaviest price."

Mipha's sentences shook like a rickety, worn-away bridge over a chasm. Her own words gave her little support above the endless ravine of doubt. She couldn't believe in her own defence, but her face remained collected and professional, at the very least.

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @york @Atomyk
This one was not very confident, but at least she could find her words. Dorian could appreciate she was talking to him on a level that suggested they were grown men and women. "We can talk with them all day, certainly. But they are being controlled and no amount of words will change that. They may as well be the beasts we slay for all the good words do. You say the price of life is not taken away upon being moved, but what proof of this do you have? There is none."

Dorian knew his words had fallen on deaf ears before he even started all this, but that had never stopped him from speaking his mind before. They could think him a monster all they wanted, for it didn't matter once he was either away from this place or dead and buried.

"I am not here to glorify murder. In fact, all of this is downright sickening to me. The violence and bloodshed... But the last thing I want is for all this to be for naught. If we all end up dead because we didn't make the hard decision, then there will be no greater tragedy than that."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @york

katana0298copy.jpg

"... Y-Yeah, what he said," Shichika only said, gesturing towards Dorian.

He wasn't going to even try to pitch in much further into the conversation after that display of big words, but perhaps it was just as well, it seemed that Dorian managed to communicate Shichika's own stance on the ethics of mortality fairly adequately.

@Atomyk @Mason Moretti

Last edited:
DIO watched in mild annoyance as the creatures stayed out of range and began to change. How inconvenient. The woman froze them solid. Ben zapped some of them. How quaint. Finally, he turned his attention to their now-frozen opponents.

tumblr_inline_n6oetoE6kb1qfstub.jpg

"You're in my way."

ZaWarudoEoH.png

"Die."

"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!"

DIO lashed out with far more force than he probably needed to at the creatures. After all, he needed to left off a little steam after being caught with his pants down by his killer. If he ever found who did it... Oh, boy. They'd have a lot to answer for with DIO.

@york @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah

This one was not very confident, but at least she could find her words. Dorian could appreciate she was talking to him on a level that suggested they were grown men and women. "We can talk with them all day, certainly. But they are being controlled and no amount of words will change that. They may as well be the beasts we slay for all the good words do. You say the price of life is not taken away upon being moved, but what proof of this do you have? There is none."

Dorian knew his words had fallen on deaf ears before he even started all this, but that had never stopped him from speaking his mind before. They could think him a monster all they wanted, for it didn't matter once he was either away from this place or dead and buried.

"I am not here to glorify murder. In fact, all of this is downright sickening to me. The violence and bloodshed... But the last thing I want is for all this to be for naught. If we all end up dead because we didn't make the hard decision, then there will be no greater tragedy than that."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @york

CADC27_zps76l2vsh3.png

"I think that's something that we both can agree on regardless of everything else."
While they for the time being couldn't see eye to eye with the killing, the fact of the matter was that they were all still trapped here and their safety wasn't guaranteed.

Howlett35_zpsjanvpa8d.png

"All I know is that killing someone is some times the best way to help people. Especially in war. I also know what being mind controlled and being forced to do things like attack your compatriots feels like."
He smirked. "That's maybe a none answer but that's my thoughts on the matter."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @york

Supergirl looked over at the woman who was controlled and was silent before she decided to ask the question. " Were you going to call this a Murder incident?" She asked. She did have her friend Winn working for the UN, but she didn't make the connection until the woman had stopped talking. She was against killing, but she seemed to notice that now was not the time to throw a comment in.

Connor looked over at Dorian and smiled. He agreed with the man.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @york @Krieg @Otto @Jeremi @Verite @Gands @Others

tumblr_inline_o6wcwfQWTy1te53r8_100.png

"Dude, don't you think that maybe the people who were controlling them maybe already know that we know that they're being controlled? And maybe they won't use them anymore because of that? There's still another killer out there. Killing them won't solve anything. There's still going to be another traitor, and there's still going to be the people who's making them do it in the first place. All we'll be doing by killing them is tying up their loose ends for them."

tumblr_inline_oe58p66G141te53r8_100.png

"And I don't know about you, but I'd give up my life for what's right. In fact, I do it regularly. It's almost like like an everyday thing for me. And I'll continue to do that until I die, which might very well be whenever the next Harbringer kills again. But I'm not going to kill, and as long as I'm still standing here I won't let anyone else die on my watch. That is final."

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Krieg @Otto @Jeremi @Verite @Gands

Reactions: Takumi

"Dude, don't you think that maybe the people who were controlling them maybe already know that we know that they're being controlled? And maybe they won't use them anymore because of that? There's still another killer out there. Killing them won't solve anything. There's still going to be another traitor, and there's still going to be the people who's making them do it in the first place. All we'll be doing by killing them is tying up their loose ends for them."

"And I don't know about you, but I'd give up my life for what's right. In fact, I do it regularly. It's almost like like an everyday thing for me. And I'll continue to do that until I die, which might very well be whenever the next Harbringer kills again. But I'm not going to kill, and as long as I'm still standing here I won't let anyone else die on my watch. That is final."

"That is final," Dorian said, repeating Sonic. He the proceeded to laugh. "What a big man you are! You still don't speak for everyone, unless running one's mouth about a topic they don't even seem to understand elevates them to such a position. You seem to believe I wish I am advocating for an execution, when it is really about more than that. Killing might not solve anything, no, but it does give us another vote that we can use to possibly catch this other Harbinger. Do you understand, or do I have to use smaller words?"

These people were really giving Dorian too big a platform for him not to talk down to them.

FvXLzjM.png

"But that's an interesting theory you propose. If us knowing of their existence has already sullied them in the eyes of their controller, then I suppose we don't have to vote for them at all, do we?" Dorian paused, his gaze wandering around the group. Their benefactor seemed hesitant to end the vote yet, so Dorian considered trying something new.

"In that case, Sonic, why don't you join me in changing my vote to Azuma. She is just a young girl, but if the shoe fits..."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @york

Last edited:
"That is final," Dorian said, repeating Sonic. He the proceeded to laugh. "What a big man you are! You still don't speak for everyone, unless running one's mouth about a topic they don't even seem to understand elevates them to such a position. You seem to believe I wish I am advocating for an execution, when it is really about more than that. Killing might not solve anything, no, but it does give us another vote that we can use to possibly catch this other Harbinger. Do you understand, or do I have to use smaller words?"

These people were really giving Dorian too big a platform for him not to talk down to them.

FvXLzjM.png

"But that's an interesting theory you propose. If us knowing of their existence has already sullied them in the eyes of their controller, then I suppose we don't have to vote for them at all, do we?" Dorian paused, his gaze wandering around the group. Their benefactor seemed hesitant to end the vote yet, so Dorian considered trying something new.

"In that case, Sonic, why don't you join me in changing my vote to Azuma. She is just a young girl, but if the shoe fits..."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @york

Giorno remained silent during the altercation breaking out between Dorian and Sonic. After all, he wasn't in the position to dictate how the group would converse with each other, and it would've been even more of a waste of time to intervene. Giorno had his own beliefs surrounding vengeance and murder; three years has tempered his mind towards such an understanding. The points that Dorian and Sonic expressed deflected off of Giorno like a bouncy ball off a sheet of steel.

However, when Dorian changed his vote, Giorno's eyes sharpened. Leaving Shichika's side, the boss immediately stood between the two belligerents. Giorno stared down Dorian in particular, holding a peaceful gaze that looked to be hiding a bomb underneath it. He knew that Dorian would 'respect' Giorno's word more than he would Sonic's, but Giorno wasn't going to break his back trying to appeal to someone as self-righteous as this man.

Unfortunately, he has to give him more attention than he needs.

080f6c56b033cf905e862d0ef3b23e45.png

"I don't believe this discussion is getting us anywhere at the moment-- in fact, it's entirely useless. Dorian, please, don't throw away your vote just to prove a hollow point. We don't have the time to execute one Harbinger and try and vote another. You said it yourself; we don't even know where the voted go off to...so, are you willing to make the gamble and possibly send off an innocent?"

"If you are, then you know that I won't be letting that happen.

b59bcba4a8c451557adba2ef6cb2c6a6.png

Glaring back at Sonic, Giorno continued, "I said there would be no one being killed, so you have no reason to be so agitated. It is my 'resolve' to preserve as many as I can in this group."

"It'd be in our best interest to stop this arguement, now."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @Atomyk @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @york

Reactions: Takumi
Giorno remained silent during the altercation breaking out between Dorian and Sonic. After all, he wasn't in the position to dictate how the group would converse with each other, and it would've been even more of a waste of time to intervene. Giorno had his own beliefs surrounding vengeance and murder; three years has tempered his mind towards such an understanding. The points that Dorian and Sonic expressed deflected off of Giorno like a bouncy ball off a sheet of steel.

However, when Dorian changed his vote, Giorno's eyes sharpened. Leaving Shichika's side, the boss immediately stood between the two belligerents. Giorno stared down Dorian in particular, holding a peaceful gaze that looked to be hiding a bomb underneath it. He knew that Dorian would 'respect' Giorno's word more than he would Sonic's, but Giorno wasn't going to break his back trying to appeal to someone as self-righteous as this man.

"I don't believe this discussion is getting us anywhere at the moment-- in fact, it's entirely useless. Dorian, please, don't throw away your vote just to prove a hollow point. We don't have the time to execute one Harbinger and try and vote another. You said it yourself; we don't even know where the voted go off to...so, are you willing to make the gamble and possibly send off an innocent?"

Glaring back at Sonic, Giorno continued, "I said there would be no one being killed, so you have no reason to be so agitated. It is my 'resolve' to preserve as many as I can in this group."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @Atomyk @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @york

Sonic was going to reply to Dorian's retort, but he decided not to say anything once Giorno spoke up.

tumblr_inline_o6wcydcy9Q1te53r8_100.png

"Fine. As long as we're clear on not killing anyone." Before he could get any more lip from Dorian, Sonic turned back to his bag of chillidogs and began chowing down on them.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @Atomyk @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @york

"Ain't like the hedgehog is coming with something that we don't already know."
Howlett replied. "You're right about one thing though. I'm getting annoyed sitting around here with a thumb up my ass. We should just get this damn thing over with already. Cause right now I don't care what we do just that we do something."

Danielle meanwhile stood silent. If this argument turned violent she'd step in, but for now they could have their heated debates.

"An argument? My, my, and here I thought I was being so calm and reasonable."

It took Dorian a concentrated effort not to roll his eyes. "Going in circles is what I do best, don't you know? Forgive me, but I already realized my words aren't reaching the majority of this group, but that's hardly stopped me from speaking up before. I do so enjoy hearing myself speak."

QbrDB3N.png

"It is not so much a hollow point, for I think you somewhat agreed with me. I am very much willing to gamble and send off an innocent, for we did just that by sending off the boy before. Or did you forget about that? I have been told repeatedly that those sent away are just fine and it seems to be the major argument against me, so saying that I may be right to worry about those voted out concedes to me in a way, don't you think? I simply proposed a strategy that allows us two moves for the price of one. Two is greater than one, last I checked."

Dorian looked back to Sonic, who had so eloquently decided to start stuffing his face. Oh, the people Dorian had to deal with in this nightmare. "Yet I see some are not so well-equipped for a playful exchange of philosophies and barbed words. Oh well. My point was made, whether or not the hedgehog wishes to acknowledged it."

There was not much the mage could offer but a shrug. "Howlett, my friend, it is not I that is causing our delay. Our benefactors can move this along whenever they wish. So kind of them to let me speak, but I'll let them know I hardly need them to do so."

It took Dorian a concentrated effort not to roll his eyes. "Going in circles is what I do best, don't you know? Forgive me, but I already realized my words aren't reaching the majority of this group, but that's hardly stopped me from speaking up before. I do so enjoy hearing myself speak."

QbrDB3N.png

"It is not so much a hollow point, for I think you somewhat agreed with me. I am very much willing to gamble and send off an innocent, for we did just that by sending off the boy before. Or did you forget about that? I have been told repeatedly that those sent away are just fine and it seems to be the major argument against me, so saying that I may be right to worry about those voted out concedes to me in a way, don't you think? I simply proposed a strategy that allows us two moves for the price of one. Two is greater than one, last I checked."

Dorian looked back to Sonic, who had so eloquently decided to start stuffing his face. Oh, the people Dorian had to deal with in this nightmare. "Yet I see some are not so well-equipped for a playful exchange of philosophies and barbed words. Oh well. My point was made, whether or not the hedgehog wishes to acknowledged it."

There was not much the mage could offer but a shrug. "Howlett, my friend, it is not I that is causing our delay. Our benefactors can move this along whenever they wish. So kind of them to let me speak, but I'll let them know I hardly need them to do so."

Howlett22_zpsmltn9hrf.png

"Ain't complaining about that. I've had to hear far worse people drone on and on about pointless stuff. At least your voice is easy on the ears."

"Ain't complaining about that. I've had to hear far worse people drone on and on about pointless stuff. At least your voice is easy on the ears."

19Qo2iq.png

"And compliments are music to my ears," Dorian said, sounding pleased. A part of him was unsure if Howlett was serious, but Dorian would never presume otherwise. He wasn't sure what to make of the man at times, but Dorian would take what he could get.​

• Thank You
Reactions: Jeremi
vlcsnap-2010-05-09-22h00m59s229copy.jpg

"I like your voice too, Derrick!"

The vibes between Dorian's and Howlett's exchanges went right over Shichika's head.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Josh M
Nodding to Connor's question, Azuma looked up at Eygon who looked at her threateningly. However she hardly seemed to mind, instead holding her hand out and forming a small hand axe in it. "Axe," Azuma said with a monotone voice. Then she raised her arms above her head, the formed axe disappearing into nothing like it was a nothing more than an illusion or hologram.

Something else took shape above her this time.

BP8ngwa.png

"Anti-proton bomb," she stated flatly, hovering the large bomb above her head. If Azuma was more aware of what was going on she might have been relieved that interrogating her was pointless now since someone else was the traitor but she wasn't so she didn't really mind.

@Gands @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @york @Otto @Investigation[/IMG]

Eygon didn't know what an anti-proton bomb was, but her summoning of such a complicated weapon only clarified the fact that she could summon almost anything. If she could summon something as simple as an axe, and then summon something as complicated as a proton bomb, what was stopping her from creating a claw or a chain?

I simply proposed a strategy that allows us two moves for the price of one. Two is greater than one, last I checked."

wPiRKvc.jpg

Responding to what Dorian said, the Carim knight spoke to everyone nearby.

"Sounds reasonable. I wouldn't mind killing the traitors if it means we can also vote off another. I understand that their acts of treachery were not done because they wanted to, but they're traitors nonetheless. Knights of Carim cannot ever forgive betrayal, no matter the circumstances. The fact that we get to do two things at once is why I am most convinced, though. I'm voting for Azuma. I'm also in favor of killing the discovered traitors."

Last edited:
Reactions: Mason Moretti
@Afterlife
@Crow @Archmage Jeremiah

Analyzing the footage, Ben unfortunately could not find a discernable symbol born by the "cultist" woman... But he did find multiple other instances of her in action, and the extent of her powers were frightening, having gone much further beyond anything they had ever experienced.

She was tearing through airships, regardless of the size, and various machines and gun emplacements alike like butter, and though her face was obscured by her mask... One could imagine she was smiling.

Though Ben did not have any luck in finding anyone like her through his search through the footage, he did catch a glimpse of what he could assume to have been Vale's last moments; a blue portal opening above the city itself... And a black, humanoid figure, with burning eyes, before that particular camera abruptly cut out.

It seemed that there was nothing more to discover here, but judging by the commotion they could hear going on in that futuristic tower... Where Dio, and that blue haired woman that had offered to help them was.
@BarrenThin

The mysterious creatures were successfully fended off by Dio's stand, however... Many of them appeared to have maintained their distance initially, and had as a result, been out of range of "The World". Their bodies suddenly began to shift and change, hardening into a rock-like substance as their colors seemed to shift from a more orangish hue to a greenish one...

Through all this commotion, the woman turned her attention from the screen, her eyes darting around the room as she instantly seemed to recognize what they were up against... And temporarily halted what she was doing as a result.

Raising her hands, she closed her eyes... Concentrating for a moment as she summoned forth bolks of electricity, which quickly leaped from her hands... Targetting the creatures, which appeared to have caused them to temporarily freeze up, and emit smoke... Leaving them open for the world to finish them off.

However, it may be in Dio's best intentions to do so as quick as possible, given that the creatures seemed to display a mysterious ability to adapt themselves to the situation... Though it was a mystery how that functioned.

With her flames rekindled, Blaze followed Ben into the heat of battle, ready to unleash the full extent of her scorn upon the faceless assailants. Dashing towards them head-on, Blaze elegantly bounded into the air and struck an amalgamation's head with one precise kick, reducing its rocky shell to useless slag. The trained guardian spent no time preparing her next strike, and leapt straight into a second kick upon finishing her first, then focused her energy into a violent torrent of fire aimed at a third target.

@york @Crow @BarrenThin

@Blob Battle

Somebody noticed Chara.

jd__more_like_jdaddy_amirite___by_jesterfestivle-db2m9nu.png

"Kid, what are you doing over here?" JD asked simply. Seeing Chara alone reminded him of how he was before meeting Veronica. The weird loner that was mostly ignored. Minus the knife.

Chara looked up at the person speaking to them. Staring at him for a few seconds, they remained silent, carefully putting their knife away before speaking.

"...Waiting for the investigation and voting process to end. Why do you ask?"

~~~~~~~~~

@Takumi

katana0298copy.jpg

"... Y-Yeah, what he said," Shichika only said, gesturing towards Dorian.

He wasn't going to even try to pitch in much further into the conversation after that display of big words, but perhaps it was just as well, it seemed that Dorian managed to communicate Shichika's own stance on the ethics of mortality fairly adequately.

@Atomyk @Mason Moretti

CADC27_zps76l2vsh3.png

"I think that's something that we both can agree on regardless of everything else."
While they for the time being couldn't see eye to eye with the killing, the fact of the matter was that they were all still trapped here and their safety wasn't guaranteed.

Howlett35_zpsjanvpa8d.png

"All I know is that killing someone is some times the best way to help people. Especially in war. I also know what being mind controlled and being forced to do things like attack your compatriots feels like."
He smirked. "That's maybe a none answer but that's my thoughts on the matter."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @york

Alexandra aka Huntress

" As much as I hate to say it, I think we are playing someone's game no matter which way we decide. That being said, even using a sword, I don't like killing. As some have said though, there are times it's necessary. I say this, perhaps we give the choice to her. "

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Krieg @Otto @Jeremi @Verite @anyone I missed

FvXLzjM.png

QbrDB3N.png

Eygon didn't know what an anti-proton bomb was, but her summoning of such a complicated weapon only clarified the fact that she could summon almost anything. If she could summon something as simple as an axe, and then summon something as complicated as a proton bomb, what was stopping her from creating a claw or a chain?

wPiRKvc.jpg

Responding to what Dorian said, the Carim knight spoke to everyone nearby.

"Sounds reasonable. I wouldn't mind killing the traitors if it means we can also vote off another. I understand that their acts of treachery were not done because they wanted to, but they're traitors nonetheless. Knights of Carim cannot ever forgive betrayal, no matter the circumstances. The fact that we get to do two things at once is why I am most convinced, though. I'm voting for Azuma. I'm also in favor of killing the discovered traitors."

dogKktm_d.jpg

"I concede that these times call for desperate measures, Dorian. It isn't pleasant, but we can't allow them through the next Time Gate, for they are still under the dark force's control. As for their deaths, I have no authority to deny killing them, nor any unchallenged reason to do so. However, I shall not be the one to bloody my hands. I'm not even sure I would be capable of doing so."

She did not want to say it aloud, but her sentiments were clear that she was allowing the group to kill the known Harbingers, Birdie and Noemblu.

"It is clear that the wisest option is to use our vote to hunt out another Harbinger. However, I would like to ask what evidence you have that makes you two suspect Azuma as a Harbinger. I might have missed it if you mentioned it before."

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @york @Atomyk @Otto

"Killing us will make things worse."

Noembelu spoke again, her voice calm in spite of the threats on her life. "I am all right with dying to prevent any more deaths. However, we were told more deaths would only lead to more malevolence. To kill two of us, both already used by this energy...it would make things worse on the rest of you."

A pause, then Noembelu added, "I don't know who the final Harbinger is. But I doubt it's Azuma. The power to conjure any weapon, and she chooses to strangle Blaze?" That was all she would say on the matter. She'd said more than enough.

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Yun Lee @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetalNova @york @Atomyk @Otto

Status
Not open for further replies.