Status
Not open for further replies.
"....."

He'd pat her on the head, but that was too familiar. So he contented himself with a pat on the shoulder and a nod of thanks.

"Good work. Could you do the same or get your master to work on the shackles please?"

They may not have the key, but that might work to turn the tide in their favor.​

This thankfully was familiar ground. And looking over with a practiced eye, he gripped the appropriate sections and spoke.​

.50 caliber. Blessed silver rounds, just in case. Six shots he had kept on him, for a long, long time. And for the first time since Fallout Prime, he'd finally use it in a place other then the shooting range. And while he may not have the ease that those like Black or Ocelot would have honed?

He'd have to be terrible to miss that open target, Krauser's mouth as he yelled his battle cry in midair.

Three shots, all for the same area. Same principle as Ruby with Nemesis.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @york@Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Bomb @Medical Bay​
Clapping was heard from Kido's palms.

WBJfeMo.png

"Ooh! Amazing! I'm going to guess that this isn't over," Kido's odd aura dissipated. The same could be said for Madoka. "This is just one area after all."

glXTgGe.png

Madoka holds her hand to her head. "What did I just do?"

"Craaazy stuff happens when you're far from home and in a pinch, sister, craaazy stuff," Kido shrugs. "To us and to the environment. Let's conti-"

WBJfeMo.png

"Let's test this out."

Kido grabs a few rocks from surrounding rubble and begins to throw them at Erron's feet, in an attempt to imbalance him.

glXTgGe.png

"I do not believe that that is going to work," Madoka comments, instead looking around for the others, particularly Zen. "Zen, are you alright?"

@The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb
Mason stares in awe at Len's powerful attack. Mason, forgetting the pain of his dislocated shoulder, is dumbstruck. Scrambling for words, he says, "Could you teach me how to do that?"

His thoughts are interrupted by fresh wave of pain flooding his nerves. "Hey, I know wer're all a bit busy right now, but if anybody knows how to relocate a shoulder joint real quick, I would appreciate help." Mason looks around at the group that just defeated Nemesis. With Krauser still kicking, the situation is still dangerous and not worth having one arm out of commission for. He braced for pain of anyone attempted to reinsert his shoulder joint into its socket. From secondhand experience, he knew this would hurt like a bitch.

He turns his head towards the action surrounding Krauser. He watches his allies, waiting and hoping for a moment to assist their attacks from afar against the mutated soldier. His necklace glows weakly as his body shows signs of strain.

#Med Bay #Kyoko Krew

Aura Power: 40%

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb
Mom looked on at Krauser in disgust. As the fighting went along around her, she stood resolutely, her scarf billowing in the wake of the fighting. "Jack Krauser, I can't exactly say I'll be happy to see you go. I am thankful for the times you have looked out for me, but you have grown only more egotistical than ever, drunk on that power of yours. I'm sorry my presence was not a better influence on you, dear."

Y83nIlS.png

She raised her gun, aiming the barrel at her former Umbrella partner. She didn't know if he could hear her amidst the fighting, but it did not matter. His time was up. The nozzle flashed as Mom shot a burst of fire.

Oh, did she ever need a drink right about now.

@Verite @Med Bay
len13_zpsf8561243.png

"..."

Len, ever the mute one, would simply shake her head at both Mason and Lucifer, at Mason at the notion of being able to teach him whatever technique she had performed, and at Lucifer at summoning Shiki. It was likely that he was still out cold, and hopefully not in a comatose state like some of the others. If he was awake, the fight against Nemesis and Krauser likely would have ended before they would have been able to start, due to the nature of the boy's powers, but them's the brakes.

Regardless of what Erron would do, it would seem that the work would be done for him, powerful shots from Lucifer and Mom hitting him in vital areas. Though he was unusually hardy for a man, even without the mutation in his arm, Krauser was still little more than just a tad superhuman in the end. Without even getting a chance to regret his move or curse his enemies, Jack Krauser effectively died in that instant, his body going limp in mid-air and crashing into the ground rather crudely like some sort rag doll, skidding forward a few feet as he landed on his face, along with a small jingling noise. A golden key would fall off his form, shining on the ground, its glow slowly being overtaken by the pool of blood gathering from Krauser's corpse.

vUJpKEi.png

"Oh. Well, there it is," Gwen commented, as though a bit surprised that just a little key would be the means of freeing her and the other hostages. She was a tad troubled at the sight of someone, even someone as rotten to the core like Krauser, be killed, considering her personal stance on the matter, but wasn't in the mood to comment on it.

After all, she didn't want to seem ungrateful to her saviors.

xwYL14d.gif

"I told you it was a big old key. Not that it would have mattered. I'm not exactly in the position to use my ability to construct a key at the moment," Doppo said to Gwen, as though the two of them had attempted to devise an escape plan before the group had come along to rescue them. That said, turning his gaze to the others, he'd clear his throat.

"Anyway... I'd appreciate it if you'd free us. Knowing the ruckus that was made, I can only wonder what the rest of Umbrella in the Command Center might be thinking..."

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb @Medical Bay

Last edited:
"Anyway... I'd appreciate it if you'd free us. Knowing the ruckus that was made, I can only wonder what the rest of Umbrella in the Command Center might be thinking..."
"Be right there."

After one, final move.

Walking over to the body, he holstered the revolver and summoned a single black key before bringing it down, the intent to decapitate the head properly.

He'd hunted too many monsters in his time to let this be left alone, and better safe than sorry. The last time it had happened and he left off, the figure in question survived with a grudge his direction and towards his group. He hated leaving survivors after that, they tended to hold a grudge when you left them alive.

That bit of butchery done, he picked up the key, gingerly licked the blood from his fingers in thoughtful experimentation and went to work, unlocking first the medical folk to help the wounded, then moving on in order for whoever was closest.

To Doppo and Gwen, he spoke.

"So what happened, exactly? Majority of us were caught in an illusory world. Found ourselves waking up in the cells."

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Bomb @Medical Bay​

"....."

He'd pat her on the head, but that was too familiar. So he contented himself with a pat on the shoulder and a nod of thanks.

"Good work. Could you do the same or get your master to work on the shackles please?"

They may not have the key, but that might work to turn the tide in their favor.

This thankfully was familiar ground. And looking over with a practiced eye, he gripped the appropriate sections and spoke.

"On three. One-two-!"

And with the right amount of strength, he popped it back in. Giving Mason a pat before looking back at Krauser as he frowned. The black key handles returned to their hiding places in his jacket. From his belt he gripped the handle of a sword before returning it back. Idly, he spoke as he chose a massive revolver and aimed carefully.

.50 caliber. Blessed silver rounds, just in case. Six shots he had kept on him, for a long, long time. And for the first time since Fallout Prime, he'd finally use it in a place other then the shooting range. And while he may not have the ease that those like Black or Ocelot would have honed?

He'd have to be terrible to miss that open target, Krauser's mouth as he yelled his battle cry in midair.

Three shots, all for the same area. Same principle as Ruby with Nemesis.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @york@Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Bomb @Medical Bay​

len13_zpsf8561243.png

"..."

Len, ever the mute one, would simply shake her head at both Mason and Lucifer, at Mason at the notion of being able to teach him whatever technique she had performed, and at Lucifer at summoning Shiki. It was likely that he was still out cold, and hopefully not in a comatose state like some of the others. If he was awake, the fight against Nemesis and Krauser likely would have ended before they would have been able to start, due to the nature of the boy's powers, but them's the brakes.

Regardless of what Erron would do, it would seem that the work would be done for him, powerful shots from Lucifer and Mom hitting him in vital areas. Though he was unusually hardy for a man, even without the mutation in his arm, Krauser was still little more than just a tad superhuman in the end. Without even getting a chance to regret his move or curse his enemies, Jack Krauser effectively died in that instant, his body going limp in mid-air and crashing into the ground rather crudely like some sort rag doll, skidding forward a few feet as he landed on his face, along with a small jingling noise. A golden key would fall off his form, shining on the ground, its glow slowly being overtaken by the pool of blood gathering from Krauser's corpse.

vUJpKEi.png

"Oh. Well, there it is," Gwen commented, as though a bit surprised that just a little key would be the means of freeing her and the other hostages. She was a tad troubled at the sight of someone, even someone as rotten to the core like Krauser, be killed, considering her personal stance on the matter, but wasn't in the mood to comment on it.

xwYL14d.gif

"I told you it was a big old key. Not that it would have mattered. I'm not exactly in the position to use my ability to construct a key at the moment," Doppo said to Gwen, as though the two of them had attempted to devise an escape plan before the group had come along to rescue them. That said, turning his gaze to the others, he'd clear his throat.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb @Medical Bay
It seemed as far as Black was concerned he seemed to be pulling out his severed Tarkatan armblade from it's sling after holstering a revolver before Lucifer and Mom seemed to put the big guy down. The cowboy sighed returning the armblade to it's sling before holstering his other revolver.

"Well that takes care of that I suppose..." Black blankly commented seeming uninterested in any of this..... Well it's not like he was getting paid to be here in the first place after all.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Bomb @Medical Bay

After the fight with Krauser was over, Ilona stepped forward--worried most about Zidane at the moment due to the injury he had received. She slowly walked over to him, gently laying a hand on his arm. "Sir Zidane, are you--" Before she could finish speaking with her friend, she felt someone place a hand on her shoulder and speak out to her.

tumblr_inline_nl0ng2pkNs1r3leyb.png

"Hey Princess, a word?"

Ilona glanced over her shoulder to see the man who had saved her before, Train, glaring at her with a serious look in his eyes. He didn't look happy, not one bit. With his free hand he would holster his weapon before stepping in front of Zidane so Ilona would have to look at him. "What the hell was that, huh? We went through a lot of trouble to save you. You're pretty important to everyone, but you didn't even try to move when that guy attacked you. You could've died. Don't be so reckless next time."

Ilona frowned after hearing Train's words, lowering her gaze away from his. "I'm... sorry, sir, I just-- I'm tired of the trouble I seem to cause everyone. Perhaps if I were out of the picture then--"

"Don't even go there," Train spat out, tightening the grip he held on her shoulder. "If you think you're causing trouble for everyone now, you'll cause far more trouble for everyone if you die. Trust me on this, nobody wants to see you die. It's not just because of your power either. I know you have some friends around here who would be sad to see you go."

zdSylB0.png

Selecting what what her attention most, Ilona would only reply to part of Train's statement. "So I'm trouble while here, but I'd also be trouble if I were to die. Either way there seems to be no escape, I suppose." The fact that I am a bothersome person is something I accepted long ago when I was a child who frequently caused her parents pain. I've always longed to escape this fate, but it seems as if it's something I'll never be able to part from.

Eyes widening, Train would shake his head. "Whoa, hey, that's not what I was implying at all. You don't cause anyone trouble. You just shouldn't allow yourself to die, all right? A lot of people would be hurt to see you go. That's all I meant."

"Okay," she hesitantly responded, not sounding entirely convinced.

If the only trouble I would cause by dying is that I would make my friends sad, I feel this is a small worry in comparison to the damage I cause while I'm alive.

Pulling her shoulder free from his grasp, Ilona would bow her head to Train before moving to head past him. Train groaned after she left, running a hand through his spiky brown hair.

tumblr_inline_nl0nc6nEDB1r3leyb.png

"Why do girls have to be so difficult to talk to?" the ex-assassin questioned aloud to nobody in particular.

Ilona walked toward the entrance of the Med Bay after Train spoke to her, lingering there as she looked back over her shoulder at the others. They looked okay, for the most part, other than Zidane--who had sustained a minor injury. Still, there was one other thing that bothered her. Where were the others? Unfamiliar with the situation at hand, Ilona hadn't the slightest clue Makoto and Kyoko's groups had split. So, to her, it looked like a big portion of their group was absent. Shiki's lack of presence stood out to her especially since Len was in the room but he wasn't.

nx3Vs6g.png

I really hope everyone is okay.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb @Medical Bay​

Krauser got ready to move forward and try another attack at Zidane, hoping to get a more solid stab in this time, but he'd be stopped by Train, the ex-assassin's weapon smacking him in the face and causing him to momentarily lose concentration. But only one moment was enough, as the interruption would be followed up by Erron's gunshots, the bullets hitting him from an angle in which attempting to deflect them with his arm blade would prove to be inconvenient.

"G-Gaaurrghh!"

The barrage of bullets would prove to be surprisingly effective, if only because they were finally hitting him and not being deflected. Still, it'd take a little more than that to get him out of the count. Though Train's bullet from earlier was still lodged in his knee, giving him difficulty moving, the mutated soldier pushed forward past it. He had time to rest when he was dead, after all.

That said, Krauser would retaliate against Train, attempting to elbow him in the face with his blade arm, hoping that the end of the blade located above his elbow would deal some extra damage, and follow it up with a punch to the solar plexus, and finish off the combo with a crescent kick, his leg being brought up and then down again, intending to hit Train from above and knock him into the ground!

Still, the main threat now was the one furthest away from him. Or in this case, Erron Black. So with that, he'd leap into the air, mostly relying on his good leg to launch himself, and lunge right at the cowboy, letting out a mighty battle cry as he'd swing his blade right at him!​

With the shots fired by Ruby, as well as the added effects of the Producers and support from Lucifer, the Nemesis was pushed to its limit. Stuck back into the wall from Madoka's marching band, the pressure of Kido's vibrations, as well as Ruby's shots, would eventually cause the monster's head to...

BOOM!

... spontaneously explode!

A fountain of dark green blood flew out of the hole where the monster's head once was as its body convulsed (despite remaining standing up) and shook about. The body stood there, motionless for a moment as the tendrils it launched also came to an end... before it began to move forward again, as though it were still active! It was time to give it one more go, or else--

b821d6eff73e45e09b3c15cec793447e.png

SWISH SLASH!

Before Nemesis's headless body would be able to move much further, two rays of energy, taking the form of what seemed to be blades, would suddenly appear and slash cleanly through its body, resulting in it falling apart into three pieces, yielding a rather gruesome sight, but at least it was certainly dead now.

As for the source of the energy blades?

Len01.png

"..."

Len, standing behind you all, simply gave a silent wave. Big things did come in small packages after all.

len13_zpsf8561243.png

"..."

vUJpKEi.png

xwYL14d.gif

After the fight with Krauser was over, Ilona stepped forward--worried most about Zidane at the moment due to the injury he had received. She slowly walked over to him, gently laying a hand on his arm. "Sir Zidane, are you--" Before she could finish speaking with her friend, she felt someone place a hand on her shoulder and speak out to her.

"Hey Princess, a word?"

Ilona glanced over her shoulder to see the man who had saved her before, Train, glaring at her with a serious look in his eyes. He didn't look happy, not one bit. With his free hand he would holster his weapon before stepping in front of Zidane so Ilona would have to look at him. "What the hell was that, huh? We went through a lot of trouble to save you. You're pretty important to everyone, but you didn't even try to move when that guy attacked you. You could've died. Don't be so reckless next time."

Ilona frowned after hearing Train's words, lowering her gaze away from his. "I'm... sorry, sir, I just-- I'm tired of the trouble I seem to cause everyone. Perhaps if I were out of the picture then--"

"Don't even go there," Train spat out, tightening the grip he held on her shoulder. "If you think you're causing trouble for everyone now, you'll cause far more trouble for everyone if you die. Trust me on this, nobody wants to see you die. It's not just because of your power either. I know you have some friends around here who would be sad to see you go."

zdSylB0.png

Selecting what what her attention most, Ilona would only reply to part of Train's statement. "So I'm trouble while here, but I'd also be trouble if I were to die. Either way there seems to be no escape, I suppose." The fact that I am a bothersome person is something I accepted long ago when I was a child who frequently caused her parents pain. I've always longed to escape this fate, but it seems as if it's something I'll never be able to part from.

Eyes widening, Train would shake his head. "Whoa, hey, that's not what I was implying at all. You don't cause anyone trouble. You just shouldn't allow yourself to die, all right? A lot of people would be hurt to see you go. That's all I meant."

If the only trouble I would cause by dying is that I would make my friends sad, I feel this is a small worry in comparison to the damage I cause while I'm alive.

Pulling her shoulder free from his grasp, Ilona would bow her head to Train before moving to head past him. Train groaned after she left, running a hand through his spiky brown hair.

"Why do girls have to be so difficult to talk to?" the ex-assassin questioned aloud to nobody in particular.

Ilona walked toward the entrance of the Med Bay after Train spoke to her, lingering there as she looked back over her shoulder at the others. They looked okay, for the most part, other than Zidane--who had sustained a minor injury. Still, there was one other thing that bothered her. Where were the others? Unfamiliar with the situation at hand, Ilona hadn't the slightest clue Makoto and Kyoko's groups had split. So, to her, it looked like a big portion of their group was absent. Shiki's lack of presence stood out to her especially since Len was in the room but he wasn't.

nx3Vs6g.png

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb @Medical Bay​
Ruby Rose
@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb
@Medical Bay

Ruby sighed in relief, seeing that Nemesis was finally down, hopefully for good, in part thanks to Len, well actually mostly thanks to Len, she owed her one... Well, two, probably. Though she made a move to grab the key, Lucifer was one step ahead, and it seemed he had already freed up the rest of the captives.

So, her first course of action as her aura slowly recovered, was to rush over to Jennifer, and check up on her, after all, she didn't want anything more to happen to her friend, and well... Understandably, Ruby was worried sick. Though, after (hopefully) making sure that Jennifer was okay, besides the comatose thing, she proceeded to rush over to Ilona, looking ecstatic that she was around again.

"ILONAAAAAAAA!!!!" She squeaked.

Unless she was somehow stopped in some way, it wouldn't be long before she tackle hugged Ilona.​

A Quick Quibble
A Short Collab Between @Mason Moretti and @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Hey Princess, a word?"

zdSylB0.png

nx3Vs6g.png

Mason, massaging his sore shoulder muscles, overheard the exchange between Ilona and Train. As the former walked away he approached the latter. He barked, "What the hell, Train? Is that how you talk to all the ladies? I understand that assassins aren't exactly overstocked in emotions and feelings department, but I'm pretty sure you're making her cry.

"She feels bad enough for the trouble she caused and you're determined to make it worse! So what if she needed saving?"
The tone of Mason's voice be and harsher and its pitch cracked as he said, "If I remember correctly, you were almost lost forever in that sugar-cake illusion world and we had to come pull you out of it!"

Mason paused for a moment. He was startled by the callousness that crept into his voice, as well as the content of what he said. He continued, "I'm not exactly sure HOW I know that, but I do. The point is, you can't go around accusing people of your own weaknesses!"

tumblr_inline_nl0mcrEue71r3leyb.png

Surprised when Mason would approach and scold him, Train frowned. "Oh don't give me that. You don't have any right to call me out on being emotionless when you have absolutely no proof that's the case. And don't call me an assassin. I quit doing that kind of work and I'll never go back to it."

Scowling, Train added, "The fact she needed saving isn't the problem. It's the fact she just stood there and didn't even try to move that bugged me. She was going to let that guy kill her without doing anything. If someone wouldn't have spoke up, she could've did the same thing again! I don't want to see the girl die, and I don't think anyone else here does either. Shame on me for being the one to speak up and try to knock some sense into her? Oh well, someone had to."

Mason rebutted, "Well, what if, God forbid, she wanted to die?" Afraid Ilona might have heard what he said, he muttered a swear under his breath and continued in a quieter, yet still harsh, voice, "We don't know what she's been through. She could have been in shock, completely unable to move. Or she could have seen something so traumatic that she had no reason to dodge or deflect. Besides that, we were just facing absolute monstrosities. Unless Ilona can stop time, create force fields, or teleport around the battlefield, I don't see how she could avoid it."

His breath and body were shaky as he continued, "A battlefield is a horrific sight, the first time and the hundredth. I don't know about you, but seeing that thing get torn to shreds made me a little sick to my stomach. It was a danger to everyone, and that's why we took it and the crazy Umbrella guy out. We were there to keep them from endangering more people.

"We're supposed to be Ilona's friends. That means we're supposed to be there for her if she's in trouble."

Train was a bit appalled by Mason's words. "What the hell do you mean by all that? Do you mean that you'd support her if she wants to die? I know fully well how bad the multiverse is and all of the evils that exist out there, but that doesn't mean I support someone throwing their life away. If you wanna tie her noose for her, be my guest, but I'll stop you. So long as I'm able, I'll support the innocent being saved. If Ilona died, it would be a waste."

Train glanced back over his shoulder to where Ilona was standing, wondering if she could hear what they were saying. What really was going through her head right now? Did she really want to die? It almost felt as if she did, but the ex-assasin couldn't exactly read her intentions very well. After she had been kidnapped, surely nobody could predict what her exact thoughts were.

"You're right about one thing though, we need to be there for her when she's in trouble. But I feel being there for her means helping her overcome what is bothering her..."

"...so she can live her life to the fullest. That's what my own friends taught me, and if I can overcome my own baggage, I know anyone can."

"I'm not about to let her throw her life away," Mason said, clarifying, "I'm saying if that's the case, then it's our job to make sure that is prolonged and precluded. There's some form of despair gripping her, and we need to help her fight it. Complaining will do nothing.

"I'm willing to defend her from anything: Monsters, villains, darkness, despair, and even herself, so long as I have the power to do so. I know what it's like to overcome that baggage. I think I understand her struggles with her power."

Making a small fist and examining his own aura, he added one final word, "You're a good man, Train, and I'm sure we're both working towards the same goal in the end." He turned away from Train and stepped towards Ilona. For those who were sensitive to it, a small droplet of dark aura was left where he stood talking to Train.

Mason made his way towards the distressed princess of the sun and asked,
"Ilona, are you—excuse me, where are my manners—Madame Ilona, are you alright? How are you feeling, physically and emotionally?" With his words, he gave a small bow. When he rose from the bow, however...

Ruby Rose
@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb
@Medical Bay

Ruby sighed in relief, seeing that Nemesis was finally down, hopefully for good, in part thanks to Len, well actually mostly thanks to Len, she owed her one... Well, two, probably. Though she made a move to grab the key, Lucifer was one step ahead, and it seemed he had already freed up the rest of the captives.

So, her first course of action as her aura slowly recovered, was to rush over to Jennifer, and check up on her, after all, she didn't want anything more to happen to her friend, and well... Understandably, Ruby was worried sick. Though, after (hopefully) making sure that Jennifer was okay, besides the comatose thing, she proceeded to rush over to Ilona, looking ecstatic that she was around again.

Unless she was somehow stopped in some way, it wouldn't be long before she tackle hugged Ilona.​

Mason was in the unfortunate situation of being between Ruby and Ilona, directly in Ruby's flight path. Needless to say, upon impact he toppled to the ground.

#Med Bay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb

#Cheza don't get jealous #because women are flinging themselves at Mason

Ruby Rose
@Medical Bay

A Quick Quibble

Mason, massaging his sore shoulder muscles, overheard the exchange between Ilona and Train. As the former walked away he approached the latter. He barked, "What the hell, Train? Is that how you talk to all the ladies? I understand that assassins aren't exactly overstocked in emotions and feelings department, but I'm pretty sure you're making her cry.

"She feels bad enough for the trouble she caused and you're determined to make it worse! So what if she needed saving?"
The tone of Mason's voice be and harsher and its pitch cracked as he said, "If I remember correctly, you were almost lost forever in that sugar-cake illusion world and we had to come pull you out of it!"

Mason paused for a moment. He was startled by the callousness that crept into his voice, as well as the content of what he said. He continued, "I'm not exactly sure HOW I know that, but I do. The point is, you can't go around accusing people of your own weaknesses!"

Surprised when Mason would approach and scold him, Train frowned. "Oh don't give me that. You don't have any right to call me out on being emotionless when you have absolutely no proof that's the case. And don't call me an assassin. I quit doing that kind of work and I'll never go back to it."

Scowling, Train added, "The fact she needed saving isn't the problem. It's the fact she just stood there and didn't even try to move that bugged me. She was going to let that guy kill her without doing anything. If someone wouldn't have spoke up, she could've did the same thing again! I don't want to see the girl die, and I don't think anyone else here does either. Shame on me for being the one to speak up and try to knock some sense into her? Oh well, someone had to."

Mason rebutted, "Well, what if, God forbid, she wanted to die?" Afraid Ilona might have heard what he said, he muttered a swear under his breath and continued in a quieter, yet still harsh, voice, "We don't know what she's been through. She could have been in shock, completely unable to move. Or she could have seen something so traumatic that she had no reason to dodge or deflect. Besides that, we were just facing absolute monstrosities. Unless Ilona can stop time, create force fields, or teleport around the battlefield, I don't see how she could avoid it."

His breath and body were shaky as he continued, "A battlefield is a horrific sight, the first time and the hundredth. I don't know about you, but seeing that thing get torn to shreds made me a little sick to my stomach. It was a danger to everyone, and that's why we took it and the crazy Umbrella guy out. We were there to keep them from endangering more people.

"We're supposed to be Ilona's friends. That means we're supposed to be there for her if she's in trouble."

Train was a bit appalled by Mason's words. "What the hell do you mean by all that? Do you mean that you'd support her if she wants to die? I know fully well how bad the multiverse is and all of the evils that exist out there, but that doesn't mean I support someone throwing their life away. If you wanna tie her noose for her, be my guest, but I'll stop you. So long as I'm able, I'll support the innocent being saved. If Ilona died, it would be a waste."

Train glanced back over his shoulder to where Ilona was standing, wondering if she could hear what they were saying. What really was going through her head right now? Did she really want to die? It almost felt as if she did, but the ex-assasin couldn't exactly read her intentions very well. After she had been kidnapped, surely nobody could predict what her exact thoughts were.

"You're right about one thing though, we need to be there for her when she's in trouble. But I feel being there for her means helping her overcome what is bothering her..."

"...so she can live her life to the fullest. That's what my own friends taught me, and if I can overcome my own baggage, I know anyone can."

"I'm not about to let her throw her life away," Mason said, clarifying, "I'm saying if that's the case, then it's our job to make sure that is prolonged and precluded. There's some form of despair gripping her, and we need to help her fight it. Complaining will do nothing.

"I'm willing to defend her from anything: Monsters, villains, darkness, despair, and even herself, so long as I have the power to do so. I know what it's like to overcome that baggage. I think I understand her struggles with her power."

Making a small fist and examining his own aura, he added one final word, "You're a good man, Train, and I'm sure we're both working towards the same goal in the end." He turned away from Train and stepped towards Ilona. For those who were sensitive to it, a small droplet of dark aura was left where he stood talking to Train.

"Ilona, are you—excuse me, where are my manners—Madame Ilona, are you alright? How are you feeling, physically and emotionally?" With his words, he gave a small bow. When he rose from the bow, however...

Mason was in the unfortunate situation of being between Ruby and Ilona, directly in Ruby's flight path. Needless to say, upon impact he toppled to the ground.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb

tumblr_inline_nl0nq7dKEu1r3leyb.png

"Yeah, I imagine we are," Train replied when Mason said they were working for the same goal. "She's strong," he added. "So I'm sure she'll be fine in the end." He gave Mason a pat on the shoulder before the man walked away, watching him approach Ilona. I'd go over there too, but I don't know Ilona too well. She's better off being around people she knows right now, friends who can comfort her. She's got a lot of friends. I'm sure they'll be able to help her.

Ilona stood in the doorway, lost in thought before Ruby began to head her way. She had indeed been listening to some of what Mason and Train had said, only feeling more uncomfortable knowing she was such a heated topic of discussion. She wrapped her arms around herself, appearing rather tense. Her expression was dark, slightly burdened.

I don't really know what to do right now. I just wish I could... be alone and figure all of this out.

Shaken from her thoughts when she heard Mason speak to her, Ilona would turn to look at him. "Sir Mason, I--"

IUnbfP5.gif

Unsure how to respond, she was almost grateful Ruby rushed over and accidentally hug tackled Mason in attempt to hug the princess herself. "M-Miss Ruby?! I-It is rather pleasant to see you too, I suppose..."

uStED3j.png

For better or for worse, Jennifer was as still as she had been left, undisturbed by all the fighting. Though it still seemed as if she was not going to wake up any time soon, she was relatively physically okay.

nWhDZhe.png

As for the woman in the pink scarf, she considered the discussion going on concerning Ilona with some level of sorrow. She frowned at the girl, unsure entirely what to say to her. After all, she had never been good at talking to her own daughter, so talking to another young woman didn't seem to be part of her skill set. Regardless, she said, "I will also do what I can to protect you, Ilona dear, for what it is worth."

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Med Bay

"Yeah, I imagine we are," Train replied when Mason said they were working for the same goal. "She's strong," he added. "So I'm sure she'll be fine in the end." He gave Mason a pat on the shoulder before the man walked away, watching him approach Ilona. I'd go over there too, but I don't know Ilona too well. She's better off being around people she knows right now, friends who can comfort her. She's got a lot of friends. I'm sure they'll be able to help her.

Ilona stood in the doorway, lost in thought before Ruby began to head her way. She had indeed been listening to some of what Mason and Train had said, only feeling more uncomfortable knowing she was such a heated topic of discussion. She wrapped her arms around herself, appearing rather tense. Her expression was dark, slightly burdened.

I don't really know what to do right now. I just wish I could... be alone and figure all of this out.

Shaken from her thoughts when she heard Mason speak to her, Ilona would turn to look at him. "Sir Mason, I--"

IUnbfP5.gif

Unsure how to respond, she was almost grateful Ruby rushed over and accidentally hug tackled Mason in attempt to hug the princess herself. "M-Miss Ruby?! I-It is rather pleasant to see you too, I suppose..."

And on top of all the fluff, Ilona would then feel a soft hand pat her side, as if trying to get her attention.

Len01.png

"..."

Len, who had previously been so avoidant towards Ilona before, back when Shiki had been present with her, would gave Ilona a small wave, seeming to welcome her back, though of course, as usual, she made her gesture without even uttering a single sound from her mouth.

... Except for a brief "Hmph."

Len05.png

And then she simply averted her gaze.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
A Quick Quibble

IUnbfP5.gif

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Sen @Crow @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Bomb @Medical Bay

Cheza and Toboe were both glad that Ilona was okay, though Cheza couldn't help but feel a slight twinge in her stomach at the sight of Mason being hugged by another girl like that. :-|

uStED3j.png

For better or for worse, Jennifer was as still as she had been left, undisturbed by all the fighting. Though it still seemed as if she was not going to wake up any time soon, she was relatively physically okay.

nWhDZhe.png

As for the woman in the pink scarf, she considered the discussion going on concerning Ilona with some level of sorrow. She frowned at the girl, unsure entirely what to say to her. After all, she had never been good at talking to her own daughter, so talking to another young woman didn't seem to be part of her skill set. Regardless, she said, "I will also do what I can to protect you, Ilona dear, for what it is worth."

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Med Bay

Toboe chuckled as Mason was hugged by Ruby.

078c4e198d9fd7d6c120e4f73463b91b.jpg

"Cheza and I have your back too. You're part of the pack after all Ilona." he said with a smile towards the Princess.

@Verite @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @The Tactician @Atomyk @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @york @Minerva @Kaykay @Nater Taters @LuckycoolHawk9 @Anybody I missed

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
And on top of all the fluff, Ilona would then feel a soft hand pat her side, as if trying to get her attention.

Len01.png

"..."

Len, who had previously been so avoidant towards Ilona before, back when Shiki had been present with her, would gave Ilona a small wave, seeming to welcome her back, though of course, as usual, she made her gesture without even uttering a single sound from her mouth.

... Except for a brief "Hmph."

Len05.png

And then she simply averted her gaze.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

WBJfeMo.png

"Tough crowd, huh?" Kido asks Len, standing beside her as he smiles at the sight of everyone having fun. "They're pretty tough to me, probably to you too. But as time passes, I've learned to make a few friends here and there, both UN and Coalition. At first a fair deal of them seem like hostile asshats, but next thing you know, poof, comradery. I guess that's what working towards a common goal, no matter the motivation, does. There's also those guys coughcoughAddcoughcough but we don't talk about them. Don't be afraid to socialise a little."

Kido felt something, and Len would take notice too.

"Don't do anything, Miss," Kido says to Len, "I've got this."

glXTgGe.png

Madoka's hands were jittering and she unleashes a business card, directed at Len. "Please partake in my Project, L.M.B.- UGH!"

"Bonk," Kido says as he chops Madoka's head with his hand, then turns to Len as he holds a bunch of rocks in his hands. These rocks were probably from the rubble. "So uh... need help in waking your Master Shiggerach up?"

@Sen @Verite @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @york

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Byakuya had been idly standing by, looking put off by all this. He had no means of joining the fight earlier, and was not happy about his passive role in all this. It seemed the enemy did not think Byakuya Togami notable enough to place under illusory control.

fbiZIdu.png

"Everyone in the Command Center passed out," he said in response to Lucifer's question. "Those of us not with your group... woke up here, generally. From what can be gathered, Umbrella took over the headquarters and kidnapped Ilona all in one, but it seems Ilona has escaped from their base on Silent Earth. No doubt that the traitor in our midst was to blame for such a clean sweep. It would seem the Order is not involved with this, leaving Umbrella woefully understaffed. Once we take the Command Center over, we should be able to easily regain control of the base."

"Shepard already briefed us on a plan," Kieran said, walking in from the hall. Behind him were the MEU members and Ocelot. "Makoto's group made their way to the Security Station. We're to meet them in the lounge with the equipment they got before storming the Command Center. Oh, and--" Kieran grinned and pointed back out into the hall. "The Umbrella guards patrolling the halls have been taken care of. No need to thank us!"

JWqYKHq.gif

"Ugh..." Doppo grunted simply, rubbing his wrists for a brief moment when he and the others would be freed from their shackles, before moving to rub the back of his head, seemingly in response to Kieran's confident assertion.

"Why do I feel like that's, in actuality, an invitation to thank you guys?"

Regardless, he still gave a nod, presumably a verbal gesture for a silent thanks.

A3wL2OR.gif

"If our business is done here, Captain-Commander, perhaps it would do us some good to stop flaunting and take our own advice. We shouldn't keep everyone waiting, after all," Ocelot would simply say strictly, deadpan and serious-minded as ever, it seemed.

"I-Indeed. We need to move while we might still have the element of surprise, or so we can only hope," Kyoko would say with a cough, clutching her ribs. Though her injuries weren't life-threatening by any means, the assault by the hands of Nemesis still did a small number on her. The thought had crossed her mind that perhaps she should take a backseat approach and let the others handle it, but she was obligated to see this all the way through. She owed it to herself and everyone.

m9QmHFW.png

"Cheery as ever, Mr. Ocelot. But yeah, yeah, I gotcha. I've been itchin' to pay back those goons for a while!" Gwen would exclaim, popping her knuckles a bit, before hopping to her feet eagerly.

"Let's get on the move then."

Kyoko's group soon met Makoto's group in the lounge, where the two groups informed each other of what they witnessed and got equipped with weaponry from the armory.

n9LsBoq.png

"Ilona!" Makoto said happily, a smile appearing on his face. "It's so good to see you... I was beyond worried, especially after we found out we weren't at their base." The boy looked to the woman in the pink scarf, who Ilona only knew as Miss. "I guess we have you to thank. Miss Lalonde, the Coalition owes a lot to you."

The woman gave Makoto a confident smile. "No need to thank me, dear. It was nothing at all."

Shepard and Misaka were still out cold, so it was agreed they would be brought back to the Medical Bay before the final assault. Having awoken slightly, Sorey and Mikleo offered to take them there.

49NgNeI.png

"Sorry we couldn't be of more help, but... I'm afraid I can barely stand."

s9T9Aj2.png

"Yeah... good luck, you guys."

As they were leaving, Junko spoke up. "Hey, so..."

kv5l6AG.png

"This is the Coalition, huh? Not quite what I expected... I should probably go with them, right?" Junko gestured to Sorey and Mikleo. "I'd be no help, you know. I'm no Ultimate Warrior here."

"Ah, but..." Makoto crossed his arms, thinking on this. "Those portals you use, maybe we could make use of them? Ultimately, Junko, it's up to you. The last thing I would want is you getting hurt."

Junko shot Kyoko a glance, searching her expression for some semblance of her opinion. "Fuck... I don't know..."

"For that matter, Ilona... maybe it would be best if you stayed behind with the others as well?"

"I can protect her if need be," said Lalonde.

GR1RdDE.png

Kyoko, who evidently had been unaware of Junko's presence in the base until now, would let out a mildly surprised gasp upon catching sight of her.

"Enoshima...? From Columbia? How did you even... Well, I suppose that doesn't matter at the moment. At least you seem to be in one piece," Kyoko simply said. It felt a little odd saying something nice like that to someone like Junko, someone who was depicted as an enemy of hers in most other worlds from her respective universe, but she still managed to get the right words out, before the lavender-haired young woman would clear her throat, attempting to reconstruct her cool-headed mien.

6qhyCMq.png

"It's... up to you. The choice is yours. But just know that you might be put into danger if you go with us, and ask yourself if you think helping our cause would be worth that risk."

"... In any case, are all of you coming with us to retake the Command Center, that is, those who aren't too wounded to keep on going, are all of you ready for whoever is waiting for us on the other side? I regret that our chances aren't as high as they ought to be with Shiki out of commission for the moment, but as long as we can hope that we can take back the base, there's little that should be able to stop us."

As Kyoko and Makoto led the group into the Command Center, Junko lingered behind. Watching the backs of the others, she eventually shrugged. "... Whatever. I have to beat up on Umbrella for what they did to me anyway." She quickly followed.

The group stepped into the Command Center, which looked relatively unchanged from when they had been gassed inside it. Umbrella men and women in lab coats went running from the room at the sight of the group, carrying files. "They won't get far," Morrigan said, before her and Carissa went after them. Left remaining was the only Umbrella Executive to still be alive after all this time, Sergei Vladimir.

AFYoo84.jpg

"Comrade Lalonde," said the man in a Russian accent, his gun pointed her way. "I should have known you would turn on us eventually. You never had the stomach for Umbrella. You can kiss finding your daughter goodbye. And Ilona... hmph. We could have done so much with you."

Lalonde stared back at him impassively. "I know one day I will see my daughter again some day, Vladmir, no matter what you say."

The man scoffed. "Very well. If you all want to take your base back, you better make your move. I will not go without a fight."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jeremi

kv5l6AG.png

"This is the Coalition, huh? Not quite what I expected... I should probably go with them, right?" Junko gestured to Sorey and Mikleo. "I'd be no help, you know. I'm no Ultimate Warrior here."

"Ah, but..." Makoto crossed his arms, thinking on this. "Those portals you use, maybe we could make use of them? Ultimately, Junko, it's up to you. The last thing I would want is you getting hurt."

Junko shot Kyoko a glance, searching her expression for some semblance of her opinion. "Fuck... I don't know..."

"For that matter, Ilona... maybe it would be best if you stayed behind with the others as well?"

GR1RdDE.png

Kyoko, who evidently had been unaware of Junko's presence in the base until now, would let out a mildly surprised gasp upon catching sight of her.

"Enoshima...? From Columbia? How did you even... Well, I suppose that doesn't matter at the moment. At least you seem to be in one piece," Kyoko simply said. It felt a little odd saying something nice like that to someone like Junko, someone who was depicted as an enemy of hers in most other worlds from her respective universe, but she still managed to get the right words out, before the lavender-haired young woman would clear her throat, attempting to reconstruct her cool-headed mien.

6qhyCMq.png

"It's... up to you. The choice is yours. But just know that you might be put into danger if you go with us, and ask yourself if you think helping our cause would be worth that risk."

"... In any case, are all of you coming with us to retake the Command Center, that is, those who aren't too wounded to keep on going, are all of you ready for whoever is waiting for us on the other side? I regret that our chances aren't as high as they ought to be with Shiki out of commission for the moment, but as long as we can hope that we can take back the base, there's little that should be able to stop us."

WBJfeMo.png

"Wai- wai- wai- wai- wait. Ms Kirigiri... that's Junko Enoshima right?" Kido asks. "The one that got you, Nono, the Genji dude and all the others in a bunch of rounds of debating death games in Bright Falls, the one that goes all 'KAKAKA DESPAIR XDXD'. I- is that her? I've only heard of her by word of mouth and a bunch of pictures. What's she doing here?

But yes, let's retake the Command Centre. Chitchat on the way, chitchat on the way."
As Kyoko and Makoto led the group into the Command Center, Junko lingered behind. Watching the backs of the others, she eventually shrugged. "... Whatever. I have to beat up on Umbrella for what they did to me anyway." She quickly followed.

The group stepped into the Command Center, which looked relatively unchanged from when they had been gassed inside it. Umbrella men in lab coats went running from the room at the sight of the group, carrying files. "They won't get far," Morrigan said, before her and Carissa went after them. Left remaining was only Umbrella Administrator to still be alive after all this time, Sergei Vladimir.

AFYoo84.jpg

"Comrade Lalonde," said the man in a Russian accent, his gun pointed her way. "I should have known you would turn on us eventually. You never had the stomach for Umbrella. You can kiss finding your daughter goodbye."

Lalonde stared back at him impassively. "I know one day I will see my daughter again some day, Vladmir, no matter what you say."

The man scoffed. "Very well. If you all want to take your base back, you better make your move. I will not go without a fight."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

WBJfeMo.png

"Figures," Kido comments, then turns to the others. "Got any plans? He probably has a bunch of backup soldiers...

... say, Mason, the portal ability you have, can it tap into someone's power of friendship and love to summon a friend or two? It kind of feels like one of those to be honest."

@Verite

@Atomyk @Sen @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Takumi @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters

Continued from here.

Byakuya had been idly standing by, looking put off by all this. He had no means of joining the fight earlier, and was not happy about his passive role in all this. It seemed the enemy did not think Byakuya Togami notable enough to place under illusory control.

fbiZIdu.png

"Everyone in the Command Center passed out," he said in response to Lucifer's question. "Those of us not with your group... woke up here, generally. From what can be gathered, Umbrella took over the headquarters and kidnapped Ilona all in one, but it seems Ilona has escaped from their base on Silent Earth. No doubt that the traitor in our midst was to blame for such a clean sweep. It would seem the Order is not involved with this, leaving Umbrella woefully understaffed. Once we take the Command Center over, we should be able to easily regain control of the base."

"Shepard already briefed us on a plan," Kieran said, walking in from the hall. Behind him were the MEU members and Ocelot. "Makoto's group made their way to the Security Station. We're to meet them in the lounge with the equipment they got before storming the Command Center. Oh, and--" Kieran grinned and pointed back out into the hall. "The Umbrella guards patrolling the halls have been taken care of. No need to thank us!"

JWqYKHq.gif

"Ugh..." Doppo grunted simply, rubbing his wrists for a brief moment when he and the others would be freed from their shackles, before moving to rub the back of his head, seemingly in response to Kieran's confident assertion.

Regardless, he still gave a nod, presumably a verbal gesture for a silent thanks.

A3wL2OR.gif

"If our business is done here, Captain-Commander, perhaps it would do us some good to stop flaunting and take our own advice. We shouldn't keep everyone waiting, after all," Ocelot would simply say strictly, deadpan and serious-minded as ever, it seemed.

"I-Indeed. We need to move while we might still have the element of surprise, or so we can only hope," Kyoko would say with a cough, clutching her ribs. Though her injuries weren't life-threatening by any means, the assault by the hands of Nemesis still did a small number on her. The thought had crossed her mind that perhaps she should take a backseat approach and let the others handle it, but she was obligated to see this all the way through. She owed it to herself and everyone.

m9QmHFW.png

"Cheery as ever, Mr. Ocelot. But yeah, yeah, I gotcha. I've been itchin' to pay back those goons for a while!" Gwen would exclaim, popping her knuckles a bit, before hopping to her feet eagerly.

Kyoko's group soon met Makoto's group in the lounge, where the two groups informed each other of what they witnessed and got equipped with weaponry from the armory.

n9LsBoq.png

"Ilona!" Makoto said happily, a smile appearing on his face. "It's so good to see you... I was beyond worried, especially after we found out we weren't at their base." The boy looked to the woman in the pink scarf, who Ilona only knew as Miss. "I guess we have you to thank. Miss Lalonde, the Coalition owes a lot to you."

The woman gave Makoto a confident smile. "No need to thank me, dear. It was nothing at all."

Shepard and Misaka were still out cold, so it was agreed they would be brought back to the Medical Bay before the final assault. Having awoken slightly, Sorey and Mikleo offered to take them there.

49NgNeI.png

s9T9Aj2.png

kv5l6AG.png

GR1RdDE.png

6qhyCMq.png

The group stepped into the Command Center, which looked relatively unchanged from when they had been gassed inside it. Umbrella men in lab coats went running from the room at the sight of the group, carrying files. "They won't get far," Morrigan said, before her and Carissa went after them. Left remaining was the only Umbrella Administrator to still be alive after all this time, Sergei Vladimir.

AFYoo84.jpg

"Comrade Lalonde," said the man in a Russian accent, his gun pointed her way. "I should have known you would turn on us eventually. You never had the stomach for Umbrella. You can kiss finding your daughter goodbye. And Ilona... hmph. We could have done so much with you."

Once they were all reunited again, Robin thought out loud for a moment. "I'd have at least expected some sort of UN assistance by now... Peacekeepers, UNCED, auxiliary troops. Something." He said just audible enough for those around him to hear. "The Security Council or someone should have acted by now... Both the Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretary-General as well as a bunch of employees and allies are here. You'd think there'd be a response..."

Corrin looked at Robin. "I have your back, sir." She said. She stepped towards him.

Robin smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Corrin. You've been a great help."

Meanwhile, Robin mused over Junko in his head. "So... Doctor Shields's project? The one Emmeryn had tea with?" He nodded. "I shouldn't say anything... She's been through enough at this point." He made a note in his tome to bring her up with Emmeryn at some later point in time. He cleared his throat, and stepped back a few steps.

WBJfeMo.png

"Wai- wai- wai- wai- wait. Ms Kirigiri... that's Junko Enoshima right?" Kido asks. "The one that got you, Nono, the Genji dude and all the others in a bunch of rounds of debating death games in Bright Falls, the one that goes all 'KAKAKA DESPAIR XDXD'. I- is that her? I've only heard of her by word of mouth and a bunch of pictures. What's she doing here?

But yes, let's retake the Command Centre. Chitchat on the way, chitchat on the way."

WBJfeMo.png

"Figures," Kido comments, then turns to the others. "Got any plans? He probably has a bunch of backup soldiers...

... say, Mason, the portal ability you have, can it tap into someone's power of friendship and love to summon a friend or two? It kind of feels like one of those to be honest."

@Verite

@Atomyk @Sen @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Takumi @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters

"If my records match up, it's not that one." Robin said. "This one's history with the multiverse is... Complicated. If you have any access to Foundation Records, look up 2214. It's... Mildly interesting, to say the least."

"I sound like Doctor Shields."

Corrin tensed up at the mention of "Bright Falls". She touched her rose and then put her hand on her sword's handle, just as a precautionary measure.

Corrin stepped in front of Robin when Vladimir stepped forward. She drew her sword. "I will not let you hurt anyone here." She said firmly.

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @Hospes @Ringmaster @Everyone

WBJfeMo.png

lUKVHs1.png

"..."

"What."

lyxqOsw.gif

"You wouldn't dare judge a person by only word of mouth of one incarnation of them found throughout this vast multiverse, would you? Seems quite dogmatic for a UN member to think," Ocelot would reply to Kido in Kyoko's place, passive-aggressively critical as always.

How reliable of him.​
Continued from here.

fbiZIdu.png

JWqYKHq.gif

A3wL2OR.gif

m9QmHFW.png

n9LsBoq.png

49NgNeI.png

s9T9Aj2.png

kv5l6AG.png

GR1RdDE.png

6qhyCMq.png

The group stepped into the Command Center, which looked relatively unchanged from when they had been gassed inside it. Umbrella men and women in lab coats went running from the room at the sight of the group, carrying files. "They won't get far," Morrigan said, before her and Carissa went after them. Left remaining was the only Umbrella Executive to still be alive after all this time, Sergei Vladimir.

AFYoo84.jpg

qwdG7DB.gif

In response to the appearance and threats of Sergei, the man would quickly draw his own revolver, pointing it at the lone Russian and cracking a subtle smirk. "You would rather keep your pride than your life then? Well... Perhaps that's to be expected of a man born under the flag of the hammer and sickle," Ocelot said, before clearing his throat, and continuing, "Not going down without a fight? Even if you tried hard, I doubt you could put one up against the likes of us alone, Umbrella scum."

"Who said he was alone?" An unfamiliar feminine voice would inquire, a somewhat thick French accent in her voice, before--

SHHKT!

--the sickening sound of the act of stabbing was heard.

A gasp would be heard from Jon Snow, a blade sticking out from his chest, before he would be kicked forward towards the rest of the group, the man hitting the ground on his face as a pool of blood began to form, daring to reach the feet of the nearest Coalition members! The perpetrator would turn out to be a woman with an Umbrella outfit, a blue mask, and holding what looked like a machete in her hand, assault rifle in the other.

"Hmph. Too easy," the woman commented dismissively, "Karena LesProux, codenamed LUPO, at your service," she would crudely introduce herself, twirling her knife nonchalantly, before clearing her throat, "HUNK, why don't you come out as well? Don't be shy. And give them a good impression as well."

BANG BANG BANG!

The sound of a burst of machine gun fire would ring out, a few bullets slamming into the form of Iroh, causing the old man to stumble back towards the group as well and collapse, another pool of blood forming as well. Rushing over, Kyoko would kneel down and examine the two of them with a grave position, her first instinct being to examine their condition despite the presence of the enemy.

"They're... They're still alive for now, but barely. We need to fetch Nurse Akiko from the lounge, but I imagine that at least for the time being, that'd be a gesture easier said than done..."

"Indeed. Come now, HUNK. At least take responsibility, mon ami."

latest

Appearing from the shadows, the figure known as HUNK, armed with a machine gun as well, would also appear, the only sound being made from him being his breath, louder than they ought to be, likely because of his gas mask.

"Tch... Not bad. I underestimated you," Ocelot simply said, not seeming to be too concerned with the deeply injured allies, in contrast to Kyoko, who...

"Everyone, scramble! There could be more hidden troops trying to get the drop on us! We can't let them keep the element of surprise!"

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Atomyk @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb @Everyone

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Atomyk
q4Skpf0.png

"N-No! Jon!" Makoto screamed, hopping over a row of computers to check on his condition with Kyoko. Before he could reach them, Sergei fired in Makoto's direction, the bullet slamming into a computer next to Makoto and surprising him to the point of sending him sprawling backward on to the ground.

The action in the Command Center seemed to erupt then, as men and women on both sides went scrambling. Makoto's head whipped around in search for the soldiers on Umbrella's side. Under the dim lighting of the emergency lights in the room, Makoto almost didn't see the man standing near the back wall, wearing black and aiming a sniper rifle at the Coalition group.

0cxEyhc.jpg

His eye gear glowed a faint blue, where Makoto figured he was looking down the sights and aiming at...

"Jude! Get down!"

He called out, hoping to get the doctor's attention. Jude turned to him, seeming to realize what was happening, and did as Makoto said just as a shot rang out. Makoto felt his vision blur as he looked for anyone hurt by the attack, and to his horror found that he had been wrong about the target. For the sniper to have precisely shot Reinhardt in the head to pierce his helmet, he must have been aiming for him in the first place. The heavy man collapsed to the ground with a cry, blood seeping from his helmet.

After a moment of shock, Jude ran to the fallen warrior to check on his condition.

"Don't think you can hide from my sight..." Makoto heard the sniper say as the Coalition leader moved to hide himself behind a row of monitors. He considered stepping out quickly with the hope he could distract the sniper, but found something peculiar bounce into the open space next to him. It took Makoto only a moment to realize it looked like some kind of grenade covered in pins.

Makoto covered his face as it exploded, expecting the worst, but when he registered no pain, he slowly lowered his arms.

"No way... No!"

In front of him, Genji had collapsed, his metallic frame punctured by the many tiny pins from the grenade. Makoto felt as if he was going to be sick. He called to Jude as a heavy ringing began to beat at his ears.

"Nice shot, SPECTRE, but I can get the job done as well," said a female voice.

xKprMAz.png

The source was a woman in a mask that only covered her mouth. Next to her, SPECTRE gave the barest hint of recognition toward her.

"... FOUR EYES..."

Meanwhile, Junko shivered, but not because of the violence.

LZuoBvi.png

"Jeez, why are some of these guys looking at me all strange... I'm way too popular for my own good!" She threw her body into a lower position once the fighting started, She wasn't entirely sure what she was doing, but she was happy to be doing something noteworthy for once. She just needed to figure out a place where she could safely set up a portal without hurting the wrong people...

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb @Everyone

lUKVHs1.png

"..."

"What."

lyxqOsw.gif

"You wouldn't dare judge a person by only word of mouth of one incarnation of them found throughout this vast multiverse, would you? Seems quite dogmatic for a UN member to think," Ocelot would reply to Kido in Kyoko's place, passive-aggressively critical as always.

How reliable of him.
"If my records match up, it's not that one." Robin said. "This one's history with the multiverse is... Complicated. If you have any access to Foundation Records, look up 2214. It's... Mildly interesting, to say the least."

"I sound like Doctor Shields."

Corrin tensed up at the mention of "Bright Falls". She touched her rose and then put her hand on her sword's handle, just as a precautionary measure.

Corrin stepped in front of Robin when Vladimir stepped forward. She drew her sword. "I will not let you hurt anyone here." She said firmly.

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @Hospes @Ringmaster @Everyone

WBJfeMo.png

"Alright, alright, the big picture is understood, mostly," Kido grins. "That's a seperate Junko. Good Junko. This Junko can be trusted... I think."

Kido gulps. There was another factor to Junko that sent chills down his spines.

"She still gives me the creeps though," Kido utters under his breath, "imagine if it really was that Junko."

Kido then turns to Robin and tips his spectacles. "Thank you for the reccomendation Boss."

qwdG7DB.gif

In response to the appearance and threats of Sergei, the man would quickly draw his own revolver, pointing it at the lone Russian and cracking a subtle smirk. "You would rather keep your pride than your life then? Well... Perhaps that's to be expected of a man born under the flag of the hammer and sickle," Ocelot said, before clearing his throat, and continuing, "Not going down without a fight? Even if you tried hard, I doubt you could put one up against the likes of us alone, Umbrella scum."

"Who said he was alone?" An unfamiliar feminine voice would inquire, a somewhat thick French accent in her voice, before--

SHHKT!

A gasp would be heard from Jon Snow, a blade sticking out from his chest, before he would be kicked forward towards the rest of the group, the man hitting the ground on his face as a pool of blood began to form, daring to reach the feet of the nearest Coalition members! The perpetrator would turn out to be a woman with an Umbrella outfit, a blue mask, and holding what looked like a machete in her hand, assault rifle in the other.

"Hmph. Too easy," the woman commented dismissively, "Karena LesProux, codenamed LUPO, at your service," she would crudely introduce herself, twirling her knife nonchalantly, before clearing her throat, "HUNK, why don't you come out as well? Don't be shy. And give them a good impression as well."

BANG BANG BANG!

The sound of a burst of machine gun fire would ring out, a few bullets slamming into the form of Iroh, causing the old man to stumble back towards the group as well and collapse, another pool of blood forming as well. Rushing over, Kyoko would kneel down and examine the two of them with a grave position, her first instinct being to examine their condition despite the presence of the enemy.

"They're... They're still alive for now, but barely. We need to fetch Nurse Akiko from the lounge, but I imagine that at least for the time being, that'd be a gesture easier said than done..."

latest

Appearing from the shadows, the figure known as HUNK, armed with a machine gun as well, would also appear, the only sound being made from him being his breath, louder than they ought to be, likely because of his gas mask.

"Tch... Not bad. I underestimated you," Ocelot simply said, not seeming to be too concerned with the deeply injured allies, in contrast to Kyoko, who...

"Everyone, scramble! There could be more hidden troops trying to get the drop on us! We can't let them keep the element of surprise!"

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Atomyk @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb @Everyone
q4Skpf0.png

"N-No! Jon!" Makoto screamed, hopping over a row of computers to check on his condition with Kyoko. Before he could reach them, Sergei fired in Makoto's direction, the bullet slamming into a computer next to Makoto and surprising him to the point of sending him sprawling backward on to the ground.

The action in the Command Center seemed to erupt then, as men and women on both sides went scrambling. Makoto's head whipped around in search for the soldiers on Umbrella's side. Under the dim lighting of the emergency lights in the room, Makoto almost didn't see the man standing near the back wall, wearing black and aiming a sniper rifle at the Coalition group.

0cxEyhc.jpg

His eye gear glowed a faint blue, where Makoto figured he was looking down the sights and aiming at...

"Jude! Get down!"

He called out, hoping to get the doctor's attention. Jude turned to him, seeming to realize what was happening, and did as Makoto said just as a shot rang out. Makoto felt his vision blur as he looked for anyone hurt by the attack, and to his horror found that he had been wrong about the target. For the sniper to have precisely shot Reinhardt in the head to pierce his helmet, he must have been aiming for him in the first place. The heavy man collapsed to the ground with a cry, blood seeping from his helmet.

After a moment of shock, Jude ran to the fallen warrior to check on his condition.

"Don't think you can hide from my sight..." Makoto heard the sniper say as the Coalition leader moved to hide himself behind a row of monitors. He considered stepping out quickly with the hope he could distract the sniper, but found something peculiar bounce into the open space next to him. It took Makoto only a moment to realize it looked like some kind of grenade covered in pins.

Makoto covered his face as it exploded, expecting the worst, but when he registered no pain, he slowly lowered his arms.

"No way... No!"

In front of him, Genji had collapsed, his metallic frame punctured by the many tiny pins from the grenade. Makoto felt as if he was going to be sick. He called to Jude as a heavy ringing began to beat at his ears.

xKprMAz.png

The source was a woman in a mask that only covered her mouth. Next to her, SPECTRE gave the barest hint of recognition toward her.

"... FOUR EYES..."

LZuoBvi.png

"Jeez, why are some of these guys looking at me all strange... I'm way too popular for my own good!" She threw her body into a lower position once the fighting started, She wasn't entirely sure what she was doing, but she was happy to be doing something noteworthy for once. She just needed to figure out a place where she could safely set up a portal without hurting the wrong people...

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb @Everyone

WBJfeMo.png

"This stopped being fun ever since it began," Kido rushes towards the damaged Reindhart. "I hardly saw you, but I will be sure to avenge your death. HHHNNNNGGGHHHH~"

The last sound was Kido attempting to lift the fallen warrior's hammer. He was stopped by Madoka.

glXTgGe.png

"Allow me," Madoka says, lifting the fallen Reindhart's hammer. "because I will not hold back."

With new weapon in arsenal, Madoka proceeds to scatter about. With Rocket Hammer in arm, she slams down on any potential hidden soldiers that would attempt to ambush her.

"That's either a lot of strength or a lot of adrenaline," Kido sighs. He then spots Makoto and Genji nearby. Picking up Genji's sword, he says, "Makoto, based on his cybernetic physiology, he might have a chance to live. The Medical Bay should be green, so I'll cover you while you take him there! Quick quick!"

Should Makoto doubt him, Kido responds, "basic kendo training is better than no kendo training. I have a few low-tier skills I never really got the chance to use."

He grabs a few Shurikens from Genji's damaged cyborg pockets and shoves them in the face of possible incoming soldiers during this conversation.

"That, on the other hand, wasn't a skill. That was just throwing stuff at people. With a fair deal of luck."

@Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb @Everyone

Continued from here.

fbiZIdu.png

JWqYKHq.gif

A3wL2OR.gif

m9QmHFW.png

n9LsBoq.png

49NgNeI.png

s9T9Aj2.png

kv5l6AG.png

GR1RdDE.png

6qhyCMq.png

AFYoo84.jpg

WBJfeMo.png

WBJfeMo.png

@Verite

"Funny story, full disclosure," Mason said, "The most reliable way for me to activate my powers is through over-clocking my emotions. It's not efficient. It's probably cheating. It brought me here though.

"However, creating a 'world-jump' portal isn't easy. I don't exactly have the aura built up for it right now. I'm at somewhere around a third of my capacity. I need at least three quarters to world-jump. So, unless you're willing to watch and protect my comatose body as my soul rebuilds itself, I suggest we avoid doing anything too... strenuous..."

Mason's voice trailed off as they entered the command center and a battle began. Another profanity escaped his lips under his breath. He pulled out a handgun that he'd aquired during the group-up in the lounge where Makoto's group had graciously provided weapons and armor. Mason could fight on low aura, but he didn't particularly want to.
@Atomyk @Crow

lUKVHs1.png

"..."

"What."

lyxqOsw.gif

How reliable of him.​

qwdG7DB.gif

SHHKT!

BANG BANG BANG!

latest

q4Skpf0.png

0cxEyhc.jpg

"Jude! Get down!"

"No way... No!"

xKprMAz.png

"... FOUR EYES..."

LZuoBvi.png

Mason started to panic. Chaos and noise built up in the room, making it hard to focus. Standing completely still, yet somehow avoiding gunfire, Mason scouted the room for any sort of purpose. The room was big; the battle was big; Mason felt small and lost.

Ilona was being protected by Lalonde. There wasn't anything he could do to aid the scarfed sniper, especially when low on aura. If anything, staying out of her sights and not dying would help her.

Robin had an automatic bodyguard in the form of Corrin. No need to intrude there.

Cheza had Toboe, and he wasn't precisely sure of where either of them were. He believed that Cheza had picked up a firearm and could defend herself. Toboe kind of had the whole "being a magical wolf" thing to protect him.

The Producers, Zen, Ruby, Zidane and Bibi had all proven to be adept fighters. For once, Mason had no place in a fight. There was no "Berserker", no complex aura move, not much of a way to help without risk. Mason wasn't even in critical condition yet, though if he over-exerted himself he knew that he would be. All the while, the chaos began disguising faces and making Mason lose track of where everyone is. Nobody needed any help, except...

The girl with the pink hair. The Ultimate Despair. She was picked up by Makoto's group, but he had seen her before, somewhere...

Yeah, I'm not rewriting the whole puzzle and exchange that happened with Alter Ego, nor am I digging through the thread to find those posts. Maybe I'll edit tomorrow for posterity. The gist is that Mason had seen Junko during an early chapter by helping Alter Ego unlock files. Therefore, he has some idea of who she is.

She appeared to be the center of attention and somebody worth protecting. Mason rushed to her side and threw up an aura barrier in a hemisphere around the two of them to keep Junko safe as she went through her work. Searching for her name, he said, "Ino... Eno... Enosji... Shona... Shiela... Um... Jun... Junko, is it?"

WBJfeMo.png

"Alright, alright, the big picture is understood, mostly," Kido grins. "That's a seperate Junko. Good Junko. This Junko can be trusted... I think."

Kido gulps. There was another factor to Junko that sent chills down his spines.

"She still gives me the creeps though," Kido utters under his breath, "imagine if it really was that Junko."

Kido then turns to Robin and tips his spectacles. "Thank you for the reccomendation Boss."

WBJfeMo.png

"This stopped being fun ever since it began," Kido rushes towards the damaged Reindhart. "I hardly saw you, but I will be sure to avenge your death. HHHNNNNGGGHHHH~"

The last sound was Kido attempting to lift the fallen warrior's hammer. He was stopped by Madoka.

glXTgGe.png

"Allow me," Madoka says, lifting the fallen Reindhart's hammer. "because I will not hold back."

With new weapon in arsenal, Madoka proceeds to scatter about. With Rocket Hammer in arm, she slams down on any potential hidden soldiers that would attempt to ambush her.

"That's either a lot of strength or a lot of adrenaline," Kido sighs. He then spots Makoto and Genji nearby. Picking up Genji's sword, he says, "Makoto, based on his cybernetic physiology, he might have a chance to live. The Medical Bay should be green, so I'll cover you while you take him there! Quick quick!"

Should Makoto doubt him, Kido responds, "basic kendo training is better than no kendo training. I have a few low-tier skills I never really got the chance to use."

He grabs a few Shurikens from Genji's damaged cyborg pockets and shoves them in the face of possible incoming soldiers during this conversation.

"That, on the other hand, wasn't a skill. That was just throwing stuff at people. With a fair deal of luck."

@Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb @Everyone

He heard Kido reference the girl he was guarding and knows his guess was right. Confident because he got at least one of her names right, he continues with a series of questions, "What are you making there? Whatever it is, will it help us? Is there anything I can do to help it, besides keep you safe?"
@Atomyk mainly, but also @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Minerva @Verite

@EveryoneElse

Reactions: Takumi
Mason started to panic. Chaos and noise built up in the room, making it hard to focus. Standing completely still, yet somehow avoiding gunfire, Mason scouted the room for any sort of purpose. The room was big; the battle was big; Mason felt small and lost.

Ilona was being protected by Lalonde. There wasn't anything he could do to aid the scarfed sniper, especially when low on aura. If anything, staying out of her sights and not dying would help her.

Robin had an automatic bodyguard in the form of Corrin. No need to intrude there.

Cheza had Toboe, and he wasn't precisely sure of where either of them were. He believed that Cheza had picked up a firearm and could defend herself. Toboe kind of had the whole "being a magical wolf" thing to protect him.

The Producers, Zen, Ruby, Zidane and Bibi had all proven to be adept fighters. For once, Mason had no place in a fight. There was no "Berserker", no complex aura move, not much of a way to help without risk. Mason wasn't even in critical condition yet, though if he over-exerted himself he knew that he would be. All the while, the chaos began disguising faces and making Mason lose track of where everyone is. Nobody needed any help, except...

The girl with the pink hair. The Ultimate Despair. She was picked up by Makoto's group, but he had seen her before, somewhere...

Flashback (open) Yeah, I'm not rewriting the whole puzzle and exchange that happened with Alter Ego, nor am I digging through the thread to find those posts. Maybe I'll edit tomorrow for posterity. The gist is that Mason had seen Junko during an early chapter by helping Alter Ego unlock files. Therefore, he has some idea of who she is.

She appeared to be the center of attention and somebody worth protecting. Mason rushed to her side and threw up an aura barrier in a hemisphere around the two of them to keep Junko safe as she went through her work. Searching for her name, he said, "Ino... Eno... Enosji... Shona... Shiela... Um... Jun... Junko, is it?"

He heard Kido reference the girl he was guarding and knows his guess was right. Confident because he got at least one of her names right, he continues with a series of questions, "What are you making there? Whatever it is, will it help us? Is there anything I can do to help it, besides keep you safe?"

WBJfeMo.png

"Mason, you're low on aura, right?" Kido asks. "Keeping safe is the only request I have actually. I'm trying to cover Makoto while he brings the cybernetic man to the Med Bay. Makoto, now's not the time to panic. If he's cybernetic in nature, there's still hope that he's alive. Mason, help me cover. The route should be cleared of enemies, but we can't be certain."

@Mason Moretti @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.