• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin quietly stepped into the library. He had taken a rather unorthodox way that involved three separate elevators, backtracking, and a stop at a vending machine, all to avoid Ritsuko. Whatever she really wanted to tell him, if anything, could wait until he was back at his office.

He also didn't want to talk to her. At all.

Robin gripped his tome in his hands. It had a lot of the information from the library inside of it. He began reading several UN Records in a quiet corner of the room.

@Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @york @Hospes @pubbbb @Josh M @BarrenThin @Library @anybody
tumblr_nwqugvhoF61u3z5n7o7_100.png

"WWWhat's going on with you~?"

Popping out of another time rift upside down, Add happened to appear near Robin, which should be a normal thing ever since the time traveler had joined the UN. He would always use his time traveling abilities to startle others for the sake of a good laugh.

tumblr_o08zjhf0My1v3qowuo1_100.png

"C'mon, you can tell me, Robin~"

Ruby actually thought a while about Weiss's question... And immediately, she remembered those crazy good looking cannons she had seen at the Torch Academy, her face lit up for a moment, before she remembered the other things that could be found across the multiverse, her smile faded a little when she remembered what had happened with Sophie. After a decisive few moments, she finally spoke.

"Right! To the library!" She declared, pointing a finger in the air... Aaand...

*FWOOSH!*

Ruby was off, leaving behind a momentary trail of red petals leading towards the library, well, maybe she was a little too enthusiastic about the whole library thing?

As soon as she arrived at the library, she suddenly felt a little dizzy, maybe it was the sight of all those books, with no board games left in sight. Oh well, maybe she could start a book-... ... Fight... Nope, out of the question, the library probably had a bunch of important multiverse stuff though, so maybe she should read up? Eeeeven if she might not be such an attentive reader sometimes, with that in mind, she decided to speak.

"Heeey do you have a book on the Si-..." Ruby started, but she was interrupted by a rather peculiar noise coming from her backpack.

"Arf!" A rather high pitched barking sound suddenly came from her backpack.

It seemed to rustle for a bit before suddenly...

cVRa7rl.gif

... A little black and white dog pops right out of Ruby's bag, panting a little as he looked around, before suddenly spotting someone, or something.

"Ruff!" Looks like the dog had just barked at Cosmo, who was somewhere in the library.

"Zwei...! Get back in the bag..." Ruby whispered, but to no avail.

Welp, it was apparant that alot of the "stuff" she had been packing was... Not really stuff but, just Zwei, looks like Ruby just can't go places without the little guy at times. Groaning quietly, Ruby quickly tried to focus on what she wasa asking Jill, now that she was, hopefully, going to remain uninterrupted.

"So um... I was juuust looking for a book on the Silent Hill incident..." She said, a little quieter this time.

Fortunately, Zwei had yet to hop out of her bag, so at least there was that.

Deoxys intently read the reports, remaining dead silent as it absorbed the information. It was a library, after all, and Deoxys is certainly not known for being one to chat up the first organism it sees. A waste of time for two Coalition members that could be doing some productive or progressive, it is.

Deoxys eyed the picture of the toothbrush and the picture of the hooded skeleton, staring at them for a moment.

Perhaps it isn't important right now, all Deoxys needed was to find some loose piece of info, some reference that the other inferior organisms missed, on the current threats that face the Multiverse. That said, the alien stored away the reports on the Gravity Falls Incident and the Rapture Incident, not even looking as they floated back into place. Rather, Deoxys was staring at a line on the Fall of Elliot.

4e4b40e9413aaddb729097ef2101b16e.png

"...Garrus Vakarian, who was also part of the Crossed Incident, and later was mysteriously assassinated after the defeat of Elliot."

"...mysteriously assassinated."

Ahah.​

The pokemon thought on it for a quick moment, deciding to store away that one line in its vast memory. It seems like something it'd have to ask about when the meeting resumes, something that can give it a mission or a purpose. Deoxys thought was interrupted by a familiar voice, whom it promptly twisted its head around to face the source of.

Ruby Rose
<
NormalIC_Big.png
FlyingIC_Big.png
humanoid, member of the Strike Team. Organism displays extreme speed, as well as a latent "aura" energy (related to other organisms of similar universal origin). Does not possess any plant matter, contradictory to its title.>

Deoxys eyed its fellow Strike Team member for a moment, listening in as she asked about the Silent Hill Incident. Deciding to be of some assistance for once, Deoxys held out a tentacle and pull out the book from the bookshelf.

200px-Organism_No_2_Normal_Forme.png

"Ruby," an unmistakable eery telepathic voice ringed out to her, and if she were to look, the records of the Silent Hill Incident would be seen hovering towards her like a ghost, followed by Deoxys...who was also hovering towards her.

@Hospes @Verite @Gula Gula @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Yang Lee @darnerdemons @Cirilla @Minerva @york
Cosmo's head turned as the yipping of the littler dog caught is ear.

"Another dog? Hello Comrade! How did you get here?"

@york
tumblr_ochx37XnRY1v3qowuo2_100.png

"..."

Despite being left alone from Add, Elesis's attention happened to be grabbed by a few barks coming from a dog. Stepping over to where she heard the sound, the fallen knight blankly stared at the group, more importantly at Cosmo and Deoxys. And even then, a bit of Elesis's old personality remained in her, prompting her to lightly pat Cosmo on the head.

tumblr_ocnh3yUOm81v3qowuo4_100.png

"... fluffy."

@Hospes @Verite @Gula Gula @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Yang Lee @darnerdemons @Cirilla @Minerva @york

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
"Pretty sure it's called a 'duel'...and yeah, Might as well..." Black had spoken the thought seeming entertaining to the cowboy but just then his train of thought is broken...

This kid...

Why did he have to go and speak to Remilia like that? Now she was retaliating and Erron knew this wasn't going to end well... Why did he always have to be around when shit like this happens.

tumblr_npuayoI0gU1tywth9o4_400.gif

"You ain't very smart fer a kid are ya...? Speakin' to her like that... hell I made that same mistake and i'm well over 150 years old.... Trust me, kid she ain't someone you wanna piss off...."

Black spoke up in regards to Nemo. Now yet again he was regretting not putting a bullet into Nemo's brain. Might've knocked some sense into the damn brat. Well, wasn't his problem so it'd probably be best if he waited for now in case things get out of hand. He looked away from them for a moment to think. He remained silent after this as he said all he needed to say for now.

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Sen
QiQzmDj.png

Although he had to admit that the whole 'pretending to be hurt' was a bit silly even for him, Nemo did flash a smile as the guy shot one back at him. For as much of a fuss as he had kicked up, Nemo didn't particularly like getting into disagreements with people like that or even snapping on them! But some people just seemed inclined to look past him and towards grown-ups like Yukin or even Astaroth who was a grown-up but he wasn't even a human grown up and yet more people seemed keen on taking the demon at his word rather than Nemo!

Grumbling slightly as his hair was rustled, Nemo sheathed his sword before nodding at Zen. "I've got a spirit that burns bright enough to spot all the people of the world who need a hero's help. Sorry for snapping on you, Mister. I may be young but I've seen a lot of things that'd even make grown-ups turn and flee..." Hell, he'd fought a number of grown-ups, a child-killing serial killer being one of them and a stoic woman with an eyepatch similar to his. Though that was less of a fight and more Nemo getting punted through the nearest wall.

Resting his own claw atop Nemo's head, the demon smiled down at Nemo and the boy returned the gesture. Astaroth may have wanted to do what was best for Nemo and that of course included keeping him safe from whoever may have wanted to harm him, he knew the boy only ever wanted to be the best person he could be. Given the life that he and likely many other demons had lead when they still had their humanity? What gave them the right to shut down his dream?

rGhP3MU.jpg

"Just remember, Nemo. Even a hero's got his limits."

Although the smile was warm and signified how much the demon did care for the boy despite his monstrous appearance, his words couldn't have been more serious and Nemo knew it. Slowly nodding his head, the pentagram within Nemo's left eye began to spin once more. He had already gotten too close to death's grasp far too many times to count. With Cain attempting to devour him, Ichi attempting to kill him, and the Bakushin attempting to crush him like a bug due to his friendship with Yukin.

Basically, Nemo's childhood wasn't exactly filled with rainbow and sunshines. Something both him and Astaroth knew fully well. Which left Astaroth weary of dealing with guys like Erron but while he may have detested the cowboy and his attitude as being as low as shit, he couldn't force Nemo to do the same. The boy's opinions were his own and it wasn't his right not even as a friend to try and shift the boy's opinion to match his own.

Though while Nemo had apologized to Zen for his behavior, the same couldn't be said with Remilia. W-What did she think was going on here? That she could just write off him as being a human which he was and being small?! What gave her the right to treat him like that? He'd been nothing but polite to her even after getting shot by her bodyguard and she didn't even address him by name. He didn't enjoy getting short with people but there were cases where his childish demeanor simply went into maximum overdrive and this was one of them.

Though as Remilia listed off her age, Nemo blinked in surprise.

"500??? Wow, I...I...Hm. " Counting off his fingers, Nemo realized soon enough that he didn't have enough fingers for Remilia's age. Which meant that even as vampires go, she was an old lady! Which didn't quite add up how she still made him experience all those weird feelings but that wasn't of importance now. "I may just be a kid but I don't care if you're 10, or if you're an old bat at 500! I have a name beyond small human and it's Nemo!"

The pentagram began to spin once more and even glowed as Nemo started to murmur out an incantation.

EEPpbWl.jpg

"O you Soul, greatly majestic, behold, I have come that I may see you; I open the Netherworld to return to you a son that has lost his way. I have opened up every path which is in the sky and on earth, due to my master's gracious nature. I am noble, I am a spirit, I am equipped; O all you gods and all you spirits, prepare a path for me."

As one of his ears raised at hearing the incantation, Astaroth broke off and his tail reached out to wrap around Nemo's mouth to stop him. But by that point it was already too late and the words had already hit the air! The time was right and this time, Nemo hadn't goofed on the incantation! He'd show Remilia that he was much more than a human she could just suck blood from and...Just so happened to be hopelessly height-challenged.

"Arise...Huh?"

The demon that appeared much to Nemo's surprise wasn't one of the stronger ones. But rather one that couldn't have even scared an old lady walking across the street. In fact this little guy probably would have helped her. Both Astaroth and Nemo seemed taken aback at the demon but Nemo even more so.

lNSpVSp.png

"I...I'm really disappointed."

The demon that Nemo had summoned at the cost of one of his corners turned to face him. It blinked and extended it's claws. Before happily flying over and cuddling up against Nemo's face. Much to the boy's consternation as he gently pulled the demon back and looked it straight in the eyes.

"Chibi. What did I say about getting yourself mixed up in the summoning process?"

V5Orbw4.png

"Hoo?"

The demon known 'affectionately' as Chibi clasped it's claws together and looked up at Nemo. When the devil's eye was used, down in Hell a certain demon who stood upon a certain pentagram placement symbol was selected to come and aid Nemo. Though in Chibi's case, he was more of just a living security blanket. He was there for Nemo when the boy needed someone to confide in and Astaroth was off somewhere else and Yukin was busy. It wasn't known what sin Chibi had committed as a human to end up in Hell in the first place and they'd likely never know due to him not being able to speak like Astaroth.

Though he could play a mean game of patty-cake.

Sighing as he let go of the demon, Chibi floated and latched onto the top of Nemo's head. "I just wanted to show off my eye's power and you end up popping out, Chibi! How am I supposed to show Remilia that she can't call me small if all I got to back me up is a puffball with green claws that probably couldn't dig up the vegetables in my mom's garden? No offense though."

"Hoo."

Chibi soon flew off Nemo's head however and flew towards Remilia as Astaroth clonked Nemo right on the head. "Ow! What did you do that for?!"

"What did I-Nemo! We're supposed to be finding a way to get back home and you're over here using your eye like it's some kind of plaything!" "Well it is my eye..." Nemo grumbled under his breath and he turned to look over at Chibi who didn't seem to get what the big deal about Remilia was. "Besides, he's enjoying the fresh air."

gZ4jrvQ.jpg

"Nemo, you can be a real handful sometimes..."

7874659_m.jpg

Although Erron and Astaroth both made really good arguments as to why he shouldn't have gotten on Remilia's case/used his Devil's eye, Nemo couldn't help but feel defiant. Afraid of Erron he may have been and although he looked up to Astaroth, this was a matter entirely separate and one he felt they probably wouldn't have been able to understand.

"That's just it, cowboy. You're old, you've probably met and...uh...well..*cough* 'interacted' with plenty of people! But you probably never got people who just called you that 'ugly cowboy' and you just let them get away with it. I may be a human, sure. Having the eye of a demon doesn't change that one bit. But I'm sure as heck not going to take being called small lying down by someone who I'm pretty sure can't even look me in the eye! You can go ahead and call me dumb, and bump me on the head. But I'm going to stand up for myself and that's that!"

Oh if only Nemo knew how many times people had called Erron ugly in his time in Outworld...

@Kaykay@ Wren @Sen @Crimson Spartan

Sakuya looked a little cross as well as Nemo seemed to not be giving Remilia the respect she deserved. She just sighed as Nemo acted childishly in his attempt to, well, not be seen as childish. Such was the limit to children, no matter what they'd supposedly gone through it seemed.

"Only children get so agitated over something so small. You should try to prove your maturity instead, no?"

After saying it she suddenly realized maybe she should've rethought her use of the word small, but it didn't mean short in this context so it was probably alright. But hopefully her advice would help him avoid getting dried up of blood. She also glanced over at the new person who'd just joined them who, like Zen, seemed to not really notice their existence.

Was her presence really that unnoticeable?

"Oh yeah, you have a name too. I suppose I'll start using it then."

Remilia shrugged as the little furry creature moved towards her. It wasn't particularly interesting to a 500 year old vampire, but it was certainly something she hadn't seen before. She gave the thing a pat on the head as she turned to the others addressing her name.
mfnlLhp.png

"Remilia Scarlet... huh?" He shot a charming smile at the lady, the face of an angel, no doubt. "What a beautiful name, it suits a pretty girl like you~" Well, she was good to look at. Her eyes were a nice shade of red, Zen could have sworn they twinkled like rubies, they were otherworldly... compared to his. But people here on Earth considered him an alien anyway, with his desirable looks and charisma. He was a son of God, after all, who loved him so much he had been blessed with such prowess with his appearance. He was born with it, what could he do? "I hope I get to see your cute faces more around these parts, haha." He chuckled, "Both of you~"
"I don't know what you meant by 'snack' earlier, but I'd sure love to be yours~"
ifasAqg.gif

He seemed surprised when Bradley appeared, jolting Zen out of the misty-eyed expression he was wearing for Remilia and Sakuya, blinking down at the boy. "Hey, Bradley!" he exclaimed, caught off guard. "I was wondering where you went, I thought I lost you~" he offered a smile, but slowly began prying the boy off of him, brushing down his favourite coat. "I was just talking to some rather interesting characters-" Zen turned his attention back to the four, "This is Nemo, and this is Astaroth. And these two cute ladies are Remilia and Sakuya~"

"Aagh- Is that some sort of cat?" he cried out at the appearance of Chibi. Clearly backing off from the creature, shielding his nose from it. "Keep it away from me-"
Qu894Bp.gif

"Ugh, my face is going to swell up..."

"Really hate to look so weak in front of cuties."
What was with this trend of people being totally okay with her eating them?

"Sakuya, is it a new trend in the outside world for people to want their blood sucked?"

"I believe we are simply meeting special cases, milady."

"Hmm, is that so?"

Remilia simply offered the man a sly smile, brushing back some of her bangs as she raised her hand to her face.

tumblr_inline_nfakn3vZz21t4ubwm.jpg

"Luckily for you I'm full right now, but feel free to come see me anytime if your offer stands."

As Nemo seemed to panic over the prospect of Zen feeding her, she laughed amusedly. He was so adamant about not being called short, even to the point he tried to do something grand but only summoned a ball of fur, but it seemed if she avoided that he was quite grateful for her getting the bullet out of his shoulder. A wound like that would be quite painful, after all, so she could understand that.

"Here, Nemo, I won't call you small if you do the same for me."

She didn't have any particular attachment to calling him small human anyway, it was more just a descriptor for the boy that sounded very aristocratic vampire. To her, at least.

Besides, being called short the whole time they spent here would be awfully annoying.

@Chewy Rabbits @Sen @Wren @Crimson Spartan

Cosmo's head turned as the yipping of the littler dog caught is ear.

"Another dog? Hello Comrade! How did you get here?"

@york

Wanda chuckled as she followed Genji's every word.

"I'm good, Genji. I've been knee deep in research, but I am good."

Wynne, on the other hand, laughed loudly at Reinhardt's action.

"My, my,my. Aren't you a character? Look at you! Filled with such vigor and full of energy, yet a man with age and wisdom?"

Reinhardt set Angela down and addressed Wynne. "Well, I'm not so sure about wise, but what is the point of being slow and boring!? There is GLORY to be won, after all! HAHAHA!"

"I am glad to hear it, my friend," Genji glanced pointedly at Reinhardt when he said this, the German man snickering in derision at him. "This place is certainly different than home." The cyborg glanced at Wynne. "If you say things like that, it'll go to his head."

@Verite @Josh M @library

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
"... Boss, any idea what he's talking about or who that girl is?" Finally, some goddamn answers. Sort of cryptic as hell, but Shizuo would take them at least to keep from trying to punch the energy barrier.​
"Don't tell me you're gonna listen to this guy. 10 pounds of nuts in a five pound bag. We'd all be better off ignoring him. Great sinister power and no one in here knows? Gotta be lying through his teeth."

WyBu5hc.png

He winked at Nemo, eyes flickering to Remilia. "Oh? Was that jealousy? Do you like her?"

"Confess with your heart, little man. I believe in you~"

kuriboh.gif

"Hoo? Hoo..."

Chibi normally wasn't that big a fan of being petted by strangers as it felt somewhat patronizing. He wasn't always a cute ball of fluff, folks! He used to be a human and a real bastard at that! But alas nobody but Astaroth would never know the truth of the man that had once been Chibi. Once the petting had ceased, Chibi flew away from Zen and gestured to Nemo indicating that he'd like to go home if he was no longer needed. Not having wanted to summon Chibi in the first place, Nemo had no qualms about doing so!

As the pentagram began to spin counter-clockwise, Nemo snapped his fingers and Chibi would have disappeared in a puff of smoke. Waving the smoke away, Nemo sighed. "Back to Hell he went." Though as Nemo glanced up and saw the trails of snot that had been dripping down Zen's face before he realized Chibi's true nature, he couldn't help but snicker.

"Of course, I can forget all about it! You know something, Zen? You actually reminded me a lot of the hero from one of my stories! He was tall, courageous...Well he wasn't exactly scared of cats. But otherwise you-"

Aaaaaand there went all the goodwill Zen had earned down the drain.

j5juQFj.png

"I-I bet you're not the first person to think that! But s-so what if she wears a cute dress, has cute wings and can fly through the air which is totally awesome, so what if she has cute little fangs? I-It doesn't mean a thing! I mean it's not as if it means I have a crush on her or anything! Pfft, no way no how! Why would you even ask such a ridiculous question???"

Noticing the blushing on his friend's face, Astaroth leaned down and laid an arm over Nemo's shoulder. "Aw c'mon, Nemo. No need to get yourself all worked up. So what, you like a girl. It's not that big of a deal is it?"

Pushing himself away from the demon, Nemo hopped up and down in his embarrassment. "That's easy for you to say, Astaroth! You dated one of the coolest people I know! Ms, tall, white hair, blue eyes, knows her way around blades! You and her were a thing and now you gotta tell me about dating girls?! Ugh!" Frowning at the mention of Yukin, Astaroth admitted that the decision to be friends, at least for now wasn't an easy one.

But it was one that had to be made all the same. The idea of simply running away had come up but they couldn't abandon Nemo nor could they simply leave behind the obligations to their people. But for as long as the romance had lasted, Astaroth had enjoyed every minute of it. That and he'd always have an eternal best friend in the swordswoman. To the point that she fought alongside Nemo to rescue the demon from the deepest pits of Hell. To think though that he, a demon who despised human nature as it seemed so manipulative and eager to throw others under the bus for their own gain. He had ended up being the one to fall in love with a human.

vDPVLwm.jpg

"Nemo. What happened between Yukin and I were some of the most amazing times I've had since I first took my steps on this planet's crust." Granted, there were times where he ended up coming home with a bunch of stab wounds, courtesy of Yukin's enemies. But she was always there to patch him up whenever he needed it. "You're a bit young so it''s natural at your age to be against the idea of dating and maybe even girls in general. But Yukin was a girl and you liked her, why not Remilia?"

Even though Astaroth thought she was kind of a brat himself. But he wasn't the one who blushed at the sheer notion of having a crush on the vampire. Shifting uncomfortably from where he was standing, Nemo sighed.

"It's different with Yukin, Astaroth! She's a grown-up and even though she was really pretty, I didn't feel the same way! She was just my super awesome grown up friend who could do really cool stuff. Kind of like Sakuya!" Nemo added on cheerfully as saying Sakuya was 'cool' was his way of giving thanks for the advice she'd given him! Though now it was Astaroth's turn to blush as his cheeks turned a darkish black as though he'd been playing with soot as he rose to his feet. "...I suppose she reminds me of Yukin, yes. Thank you for pointing that out, Nemo."

Taking notice of the look upon Astaroth's face, Nemo snickered. "You like her don't you Astaroth? You thought that cool teleporting trick she did was the coolest thing ever!"

"Nemo!"

"Luckily for you I'm full right now, but feel free to come see me anytime if your offer stands."

As Nemo seemed to panic over the prospect of Zen feeding her, she laughed amusedly. He was so adamant about not being called short, even to the point he tried to do something grand but only summoned a ball of fur, but it seemed if she avoided that he was quite grateful for her getting the bullet out of his shoulder. A wound like that would be quite painful, after all, so she could understand that.

She didn't have any particular attachment to calling him small human anyway, it was more just a descriptor for the boy that sounded very aristocratic vampire. To her, at least.

Besides, being called short the whole time they spent here would be awfully annoying.

AImAD8O.jpg

Although he had gotten a kick out of turning the tables on his demon friend, Nemo couldn't help but frown as Remilia giggled at his expense! It wasn't as if he didn't want Zen giving some of his blood too her for anything silly! He'd just already given her some of his! No need to gorge yourself! Though could vampires really drink too much blood? Was that actually a thing? Or could they drink until someone became a mummy?

Eugh!

The thought absolutely chilled him to the bone! If Remilia overpowered him and drank and drank and drank, he'd look like a shriveled up old prune! Only he'd be dead on top of it! Scary stuff for sure... But Nemo's mood quickly took a turn on the upswing as Remilia addressed him by his name! Finally, no more just calling him human or SMALL human! He was slowly on his way to getting some recognition!

ZNKJkzw.png

"That sounds good to me, Remilia! Nobody calls anybody short and we're all good! Thanks for understanding!" Nemo exclaimed as his jovial mood returned. That was all Nemo had really wanted. Simply bring a stop to the mention of his height and things would have been absolutely grand! He almost wanted to give Remilia a hug for it! But as he looked her over, Remilia might have noticed Nemo staring her up from top to bottom as a blush took over his face again.

"Wow, d-darn it...Why is she so pretty.." Nemo muttered as he blinked.

@Kaykay @Wren @Sen @Crimson Spartan

When Artyom finished speaking with Chisa for the time being, eh noticed that they had company. A young man walked over to them, ignoring Artyom completely while asking Chisa for food. Artyom was a little put off by this man's personality

"Is that how they say hello where you're from?" He asked in a deadpan tone.

@Klutzy

tumblr_inline_nl0lkbWSRJ1r3leyb.png

"No, it's how people ask for food where I come from," Train replied to Artyom turning his head to glance at the man when he was addressed. "I meant no disrespect if that's what you're trying to imply. She just looks like she works here so I figured I'd ask. Do you have a problem with that?"

@Verite @Nater Taters

7874659_m.jpg

Although Erron and Astaroth both made really good arguments as to why he shouldn't have gotten on Remilia's case/used his Devil's eye, Nemo couldn't help but feel defiant. Afraid of Erron he may have been and although he looked up to Astaroth, this was a matter entirely separate and one he felt they probably wouldn't have been able to understand.

"That's just it, cowboy. You're old, you've probably met and...uh...well..*cough* 'interacted' with plenty of people! But you probably never got people who just called you that 'ugly cowboy' and you just let them get away with it. I may be a human, sure. Having the eye of a demon doesn't change that one bit. But I'm sure as heck not going to take being called small lying down by someone who I'm pretty sure can't even look me in the eye! You can go ahead and call me dumb, and bump me on the head. But I'm going to stand up for myself and that's that!"

Oh if only Nemo knew how many times people had called Erron ugly in his time in Outworld...

@Kaykay@ Wren @Sen @Crimson Spartan
"Well...you got me there....most people who have insulted me in my time are dead but I know when to pick my battles unlike you apparently..."

Sakuya looked a little cross as well as Nemo seemed to not be giving Remilia the respect she deserved. She just sighed as Nemo acted childishly in his attempt to, well, not be seen as childish. Such was the limit to children, no matter what they'd supposedly gone through it seemed.

"Only children get so agitated over something so small. You should try to prove your maturity instead, no?"

After saying it she suddenly realized maybe she should've rethought her use of the word small, but it didn't mean short in this context so it was probably alright. But hopefully her advice would help him avoid getting dried up of blood. She also glanced over at the new person who'd just joined them who, like Zen, seemed to not really notice their existence.

Was her presence really that unnoticeable?

"Oh yeah, you have a name too. I suppose I'll start using it then."

Remilia shrugged as the little furry creature moved towards her. It wasn't particularly interesting to a 500 year old vampire, but it was certainly something she hadn't seen before. She gave the thing a pat on the head as she turned to the others addressing her name.

What was with this trend of people being totally okay with her eating them?

"Sakuya, is it a new trend in the outside world for people to want their blood sucked?"

"I believe we are simply meeting special cases, milady."

"Hmm, is that so?"

Remilia simply offered the man a sly smile, brushing back some of her bangs as she raised her hand to her face.

@Chewy Rabbits @Sen @Wren @Crimson Spartan
"I'd ask fer you to start usin' my name...but 'cowboy' sounds better to me..." Snarky comment aside it seemed everything was calming down....well until this happened. At this point he was really tempted to just shoot the boy and demon so he didn't have to deal with them anymore.

kuriboh.gif

"Hoo? Hoo..."

Chibi normally wasn't that big a fan of being petted by strangers as it felt somewhat patronizing. He wasn't always a cute ball of fluff, folks! He used to be a human and a real bastard at that! But alas nobody but Astaroth would never know the truth of the man that had once been Chibi. Once the petting had ceased, Chibi flew away from Zen and gestured to Nemo indicating that he'd like to go home if he was no longer needed. Not having wanted to summon Chibi in the first place, Nemo had no qualms about doing so!

As the pentagram began to spin counter-clockwise, Nemo snapped his fingers and Chibi would have disappeared in a puff of smoke. Waving the smoke away, Nemo sighed. "Back to Hell he went." Though as Nemo glanced up and saw the trails of snot that had been dripping down Zen's face before he realized Chibi's true nature, he couldn't help but snicker.

"Of course, I can forget all about it! You know something, Zen? You actually reminded me a lot of the hero from one of my stories! He was tall, courageous...Well he wasn't exactly scared of cats. But otherwise you-"

Aaaaaand there went all the goodwill Zen had earned down the drain.

j5juQFj.png

"I-I bet you're not the first person to think that! But s-so what if she wears a cute dress, has cute wings and can fly through the air which is totally awesome, so what if she has cute little fangs? I-It doesn't mean a thing! I mean it's not as if it means I have a crush on her or anything! Pfft, no way no how! Why would you even ask such a ridiculous question???"

Noticing the blushing on his friend's face, Astaroth leaned down and laid an arm over Nemo's shoulder. "Aw c'mon, Nemo. No need to get yourself all worked up. So what, you like a girl. It's not that big of a deal is it?"

Pushing himself away from the demon, Nemo hopped up and down in his embarrassment. "That's easy for you to say, Astaroth! You dated one of the coolest people I know! Ms, tall, white hair, blue eyes, knows her way around blades! You and her were a thing and now you gotta tell me about dating girls?! Ugh!" Frowning at the mention of Yukin, Astaroth admitted that the decision to be friends, at least for now wasn't an easy one.

But it was one that had to be made all the same. The idea of simply running away had come up but they couldn't abandon Nemo nor could they simply leave behind the obligations to their people. But for as long as the romance had lasted, Astaroth had enjoyed every minute of it. That and he'd always have an eternal best friend in the swordswoman. To the point that she fought alongside Nemo to rescue the demon from the deepest pits of Hell. To think though that he, a demon who despised human nature as it seemed so manipulative and eager to throw others under the bus for their own gain. He had ended up being the one to fall in love with a human.

vDPVLwm.jpg

"Nemo. What happened between Yukin and I were some of the most amazing times I've had since I first took my steps on this planet's crust." Granted, there were times where he ended up coming home with a bunch of stab wounds, courtesy of Yukin's enemies. But she was always there to patch him up whenever he needed it. "You're a bit young so it''s natural at your age to be against the idea of dating and maybe even girls in general. But Yukin was a girl and you liked her, why not Remilia?"

Even though Astaroth thought she was kind of a brat himself. But he wasn't the one who blushed at the sheer notion of having a crush on the vampire. Shifting uncomfortably from where he was standing, Nemo sighed.

"It's different with Yukin, Astaroth! She's a grown-up and even though she was really pretty, I didn't feel the same way! She was just my super awesome grown up friend who could do really cool stuff. Kind of like Sakuya!" Nemo added on cheerfully as saying Sakuya was 'cool' was his way of giving thanks for the advice she'd given him! Though now it was Astaroth's turn to blush as his cheeks turned a darkish black as though he'd been playing with soot as he rose to his feet. "...I suppose she reminds me of Yukin, yes. Thank you for pointing that out, Nemo."

Taking notice of the look upon Astaroth's face, Nemo snickered. "You like her don't you Astaroth? You thought that cool teleporting trick she did was the coolest thing ever!"

"Nemo!"

AImAD8O.jpg

Although he had gotten a kick out of turning the tables on his demon friend, Nemo couldn't help but frown as Remilia giggled at his expense! It wasn't as if he didn't want Zen giving some of his blood too her for anything silly! He'd just already given her some of his! No need to gorge yourself! Though could vampires really drink too much blood? Was that actually a thing? Or could they drink until someone became a mummy?

Eugh!

The thought absolutely chilled him to the bone! If Remilia overpowered him and drank and drank and drank, he'd look like a shriveled up old prune! Only he'd be dead on top of it! Scary stuff for sure... But Nemo's mood quickly took a turn on the upswing as Remilia addressed him by his name! Finally, no more just calling him human or SMALL human! He was slowly on his way to getting some recognition!

ZNKJkzw.png

"That sounds good to me, Remilia! Nobody calls anybody short and we're all good! Thanks for understanding!" Nemo exclaimed as his jovial mood returned. That was all Nemo had really wanted. Simply bring a stop to the mention of his height and things would have been absolutely grand! He almost wanted to give Remilia a hug for it! But as he looked her over, Remilia might have noticed Nemo staring her up from top to bottom as a blush took over his face again.

"Wow, d-darn it...Why is she so pretty.." Nemo muttered as he blinked.

@Kaykay @Wren @Sen @Crimson Spartan
"Looks like you two won some hearts today..... Ain't that beautiful..." Black had spoken in a slightly mocking manor. These two were making fools of themselves with all this love bullshit. Nah, Black never cared for love and thus doesn't need it. Given his choice of life and line of work he couldn't afford to love someone even if he wanted to given that he could be killed at any moment. This cowboy was destined to walk his path alone and that's just how he liked it.

@Kaykay @Wren @Sen @Chewy Rabbits

j7YALmz.png

"... Weiss? Is that you?" A voice familiar to the ice queen would inquire, stepping into Weiss's line of sight. As the young man would clear his throat, good ol' Lie Ren would give her somewhat of a surprised look. Evidently, he hadn't expected her to be here, as neither Ruby nor Yang had said anything about her showing up to him, though it was at least good to see another face nevertheless, he figured.

"I take it Ruby dragged you here too?" He asked her, his eyes glancing at Winter for a brief moment before shifting back to Weiss, "And uh... Is that like, your mom or something?"

@Hospes

Ruby actually thought a while about Weiss's question... And immediately, she remembered those crazy good looking cannons she had seen at the Torch Academy, her face lit up for a moment, before she remembered the other things that could be found across the multiverse, her smile faded a little when she remembered what had happened with Sophie. After a decisive few moments, she finally spoke.

"Right! To the library!" She declared, pointing a finger in the air... Aaand...

*FWOOSH!*

Ruby was off, leaving behind a momentary trail of red petals leading towards the library, well, maybe she was a little too enthusiastic about the whole library thing?

As soon as she arrived at the library, she suddenly felt a little dizzy, maybe it was the sight of all those books, with no board games left in sight. Oh well, maybe she could start a book-... ... Fight... Nope, out of the question, the library probably had a bunch of important multiverse stuff though, so maybe she should read up? Eeeeven if she might not be such an attentive reader sometimes, with that in mind, she decided to speak.

"Heeey do you have a book on the Si-..." Ruby started, but she was interrupted by a rather peculiar noise coming from her backpack.

"Arf!" A rather high pitched barking sound suddenly came from her backpack.

It seemed to rustle for a bit before suddenly...

cVRa7rl.gif

... A little black and white dog pops right out of Ruby's bag, panting a little as he looked around, before suddenly spotting someone, or something.

"Ruff!" Looks like the dog had just barked at Cosmo, who was somewhere in the library.

"Zwei...! Get back in the bag..." Ruby whispered, but to no avail.

Welp, it was apparant that alot of the "stuff" she had been packing was... Not really stuff but, just Zwei, looks like Ruby just can't go places without the little guy at times. Groaning quietly, Ruby quickly tried to focus on what she wasa asking Jill, now that she was, hopefully, going to remain uninterrupted.

"So um... I was juuust looking for a book on the Silent Hill incident..." She said, a little quieter this time.

Fortunately, Zwei had yet to hop out of her bag, so at least there was that.​

"..."

In turn, a pause came from Weiss, who placed her hands on her hips with a frown. "You weren't even listening, were you?" While she sounded offended and annoyed, it was only to be expected, knowing her team leader. But whatever- a lecture on listening to what other people would simply have to wait. Instead, the heiress just huffed with clear annoyance and stomped after her elder sister and her teammate. What a pain! And to think she'd agreed to help the girl with her Coalition issues and the like. This was going to be a hell of a long trip.

As they reached the library, Weiss found herself in complete and utter awe. Not even her family, or even Beacon, had a library this vast. Never before had she seen so much information all in one place... Surely, she must've died and gone to heaven! If she could read everything, surely she'd learn something worth some extra credit in class, despite having broken rules in coming here. Or maybe she'd even learn some new fighting techniques and info! She couldn't help but get excited, only broken from her trance when she heard a familiar voice, it's owner coming right into her line of vision. At first, pale blue eyes blinked owlishly before she spoke with disbelief in her voice.

4214124933_zps1ef1e5cd.png

"...Ren? What are you doing here?" she queried, obviously just as surprised as he. But there wasn't time to linger, because evidently he revealed the answer quite quickly. Of course it had been Ruby to bring him here... But when? Clearly, it had been only her and Ruby- and, well, her sister -that had departed earlier. And Zwei, though she had yet to realize it. "...You would be correct in that assumption," she confirmed. "But when did you get here, if Ruby brought you? We only just left and arrived..."

"And, uh... Is that like, your mom or something?"

"Mothe--... No, of course not, you dunce. That's my sister, Winter," she corrected, shaking her head. It appeared she was especially defensive at the mention of her mother, for some reason or another.

While her younger sister and Qrow's little niece conversed, Winter herself decided to explore the vast contents of the library, deciding to start by skimming through the multiverse dictionary, skimming throught every entry in hopes of learning more, starting with 'Ultimate Nullifier'. She wasn't liking anything about this situation, but she might feel better after she knew everything she could pick up here. After all, knowledge was power, as the saying went. And with that in mind, Winter was certainly powerful, as was her sister. But there was always more to learn.

Of course, she was keeping an eye on the young huntresses all the while, keen eyes constantly on the lookout for any sign of trouble. The boy that had approached her sister hardly seemed threatening, that much was certain. He even seemed to match the description of one of the acquaintances that Weiss had written about. Perhaps they weren't the only ones here from the lands of Remnant. Less appealing, however, was what she heard- a bark of some sort, it seemed. Upon glancing to the source, Winter spotted that Ruby had a small dog poking out of her backpack.

Untitled-32%20copy_zps3kr5aqet.png

This was definitely not what she had signed up for.

Even if she had wanted to, Winter didn't linger on it, because something even less appealing was happening. Some odd creature was approaching Ruby, and it most certainly didn't look friendly. It didn't take much to tell this was no grimm, but that didn't stop Winter from being majorly put off. Momentarily, she set the dictionary down, upon Ruby within moments. One hand reached for her weapon, drawing it from it's place on her hip to point it at Deoxys. "Halt." A simple command, but one with purpose.

Oh, goodness, this probably wasn't going to end well.

@york @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Yang Lee @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Cirilla @Minerva @darnerdemons @pubbbb @Crow @Bomb @Library​

"Erm... haha..." Makoto waved off Jill's comment. He still wasn't used to being called "commander," and he probably never would. "Sorry about the disturbance. There's nothing we need, Miss Valentine, I was just showing everyone... to the library." It sounded sort of lame when he put it like that. "If anyone wants some help, you can assist them, right?"

It was then that Makoto heard a familiar voice.

Makoto turned, finding the source of the voice to be one man who just looked too tired to be here. Jon Snow, half-brother to a girl who had been subject to one of the Coalition's greatest failures. An ache stirred in Makoto's heart in remembrance, for not even he knew where Arya Stark was now. Last he saw, the girl had been blinded, turned into a Reaper. He supposed Jon didn't know Arya's current whereabouts either, and so, as he looked up at the man above, Makoto felt a profound sadness.

6ixOk3u.png

"... Excuse me."

Makoto made his way up toward the second floor, hoping to have a more private talk with Jon. Hopefully that was what the man wanted, rather than any sort of desire to cause a scene. Today was not the day for such drama. When they were finally face-to-face, Makoto inwardly found himself growing amused. There height difference was not so severe as it had been before. Had Makoto really grown so much since that time?

"Jon... It's good to see you," Makoto said, his voice carrying hints of both sadness and relief. No matter what had occurred, Makoto enjoyed seeing past friends. Well, maybe Jon had been more just an ally than a friend, but Makoto still enjoyed it nonetheless. "I'm surprised you would come. I figured you'd be busy..."

@Krieg

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_nqoobfAjRL1t990em_540.png

"Oooh, not a fan of foreplay, eh, any of you? Fine then. I suppose I can work with that," Hisoka chuckled lightly with a smirk, crossing his arms as he'd look at everyone, "It's just that... You're aware of my... urges, no, soldier boy?"

... And then he'd turn to Meira briefly.

"And don't worry, girl. I play for both teams in the grand game of life and death."

"You become excited and stimulated when in the presence of people possibly strong enough to give you a run for your money in a fight, I know," Ocelot said matter of factly, as though reading from a book, before giving a shrug, "What of it?"

"Well, it's just that... All these people gathered all in one spot... If you're trying to torture me by not letting me play with the new kids, then it's simply working, young cub," the jester breathed, attempting to push against the energy barrier to reach the people on the other side, like pushing against a solid wall, though to no avail, "I want to break something... someone..." He would let out a laugh, his expression indicating he was almost on a high, though practically in the blink of an eye, his facial expression would suddenly turn more relaxed and laid back as he'd eye everyone, putting a hand in front of his face.

7ca985e5132d1c221d35d1e64cadfa839d960f3f_hq.gif

"Though... I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what you want to know. I'm nice like that," he giggled lowly, before taking a breath, "There really are tons of powerful people in this base now, isn't there? I can even feel the power surging from the girl as she sits there in the lounge, conversing and making friends like nothing is wrong here..."

Ocelot furrowed his brow, looking down for a moment. "Girl with... a great surge of power? But..."

iLrvHLY.png

And then, with a blink, he'd give Hisoka a mildly alarmed look.

"How do you know about--?!"

"I don't. Not really. I just know that whoever is sitting in that lounge... Her power sends shivers down my spine. But what fascinates me more is the great powers that reside within this base... Sinister power that I doubt even you are aware of that reside in this base, or you'd already be looking for them."

@Ringmaster @C.T. @Jeremi @Atomyk @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Holding Cells

"... Boss, any idea what he's talking about or who that girl is?" Finally, some goddamn answers. Sort of cryptic as hell, but Shizuo would take them at least to keep from trying to punch the energy barrier.​

"Don't tell me you're gonna listen to this guy. 10 pounds of nuts in a five pound bag. We'd all be better off ignoring him. Great sinister power and no one in here knows? Gotta be lying through his teeth."

latest

"Lang Zi says: 'Only cooperate with those you can trust.' As you can see, this clown here is one of the least trustworthy people down here. Hos words should be taken with a grain of salt. However..."

Lang turned to Ocelot.

latest

"How come Bozo over here got you so worked up? You don't mean to tell us there really IS a very powerful girl walking around unsupervised, do you?"

@Verite @The Tactician @C.T. @Ringmaster @Atomyk @Holding Cells

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Yang Lee and Verite
"Erm... haha..." Makoto waved off Jill's comment. He still wasn't used to being called "commander," and he probably never would. "Sorry about the disturbance. There's nothing we need, Miss Valentine, I was just showing everyone... to the library." It sounded sort of lame when he put it like that. "If anyone wants some help, you can assist them, right?"

It was then that Makoto heard a familiar voice.

Makoto turned, finding the source of the voice to be one man who just looked too tired to be here. Jon Snow, half-brother to a girl who had been subject to one of the Coalition's greatest failures. An ache stirred in Makoto's heart in remembrance, for not even he knew where Arya Stark was now. Last he saw, the girl had been blinded, turned into a Reaper. He supposed Jon didn't know Arya's current whereabouts either, and so, as he looked up at the man above, Makoto felt a profound sadness.

6ixOk3u.png

"... Excuse me."

Makoto made his way up toward the second floor, hoping to have a more private talk with Jon. Hopefully that was what the man wanted, rather than any sort of desire to cause a scene. Today was not the day for such drama. When they were finally face-to-face, Makoto inwardly found himself growing amused. There height difference was not so severe as it had been before. Had Makoto really grown so much since that time?

"Jon... It's good to see you," Makoto said, his voice carrying hints of both sadness and relief. No matter what had occurred, Makoto enjoyed seeing past friends. Well, maybe Jon had been more just an ally than a friend, but Makoto still enjoyed it nonetheless. "I'm surprised you would come. I figured you'd be busy..."

@Krieg

So that was their leader huh? Lois had to admit she hadn't seen him before today...up close like this he wasn't much more than any other young kid in the world. She was ready to go and introduce herself when she saw that he was already speaking to someone else and didn't want to interrupt them.

Bekka on the other hand had no such scruples and made her way towards the two men. "So you're the leader around here..." As she spoke she would proceed to size him up.

Bekka54_zpsaiqddxse.png

"Did you like...kill the former leader in single combat?"
@Atomyk @Krieg @Library

latest

"Lang Zi says: 'Only cooperate with those you can trust.' As you can see, this clown here is one of the least trustworthy people down here. Hos words should be taken with a grain of salt. However..."

Lang turned to Ocelot.

latest

"How come Bozo over here got you so worked up? You don't mean to tell us there really IS a very powerful girl walking around unsupervised, do you?"

"Never mind about that what about me?!" Handsome Jack replied annoyed. "You can just go through the door and leave. I'm stuck here listening to this creepy clown all damn day! I'm pretty sure this is considered torture in some universe."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Atomyk and Verite
"Never mind about that what about me?!" Handsome Jack replied annoyed. "You can just go through the door and leave. I'm stuck here listening to this creepy clown all damn day! I'm pretty sure this is considered torture in some universe."

"Yes, and from what I've seen of your cellmate, you have my sympathy. However, the sooner we can sort this all out the sooner we can deal with him, so if you could do us a favor and cooperate by letting us handle this, it'd be appreciated."

@Jeremi

"Don't know about that. Creepy magic going on, might we just don't know how to sense it..."
latest

Lang turned to Ocelot.

latest

Shizuo shrugged, "Not much else we can do. Seems this Jack guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and Ocelot hasn't said anything yet... Who the hell is Lang Zi?"
So that was their leader huh? Lois had to admit she hadn't seen him before today...up close like this he wasn't much more than any other young kid in the world. She was ready to go and introduce herself when she saw that he was already speaking to someone else and didn't want to interrupt them.

Bekka on the other hand had no such scruples and made her way towards the two men. "So you're the leader around here..." As she spoke she would proceed to size him up.

Bekka54_zpsaiqddxse.png

"Did you like...kill the former leader in single combat?"
@Atomyk @Krieg @Library

"Sounds perfect for a guy who led an entire city to do his dirty work to have to rant about crazy bullshit..."

anigif_sub-buzz-23432-1466044091-2.gif

Most of the faces Jon saw below were a mesh of individuals he frankly did not recognize anymore. There were a few to be noted, of course, such as the red cloak of Ruby Rose. But, ironically enough, the very squadron of saints and sinners, misfits and murderers, and all those between were mostly gone. You would think, a force designed solely to take down the Archdemon would be at the apex of reverence and sworn duty. But, as the Coalition has made it apparently notable, legends and warriors have little meaning to their goals. Why bother with honor if mercenaries and sellswords can do just the same, if not better through sheer ruthless nature?

Watching Makoto arise up the stairs, Jon tighten his gloved hands, the king lowering his head just a little. His face narrowed and beamed itself at Makoto, the bastard resisting his furious urges to seek what he perceived to be true justice. The two had little of a height difference, of course, but Jon relatively speaking was short, standing at only five feet and eight inches. Letting Makoto speak first, the black-haired swordsman nodded slowly, looking around with a soft, haphazard chuckle.

"Yeah, well...I guess I have a knack for always coming around." he laughed softly, gazing over at an intruder interrupting their conversation. Funnily enough, Jon had no deserve to start wailing at Makoto with his fists or declare him a coward, but the bastard couldn't help but feel utter disrespect to the man presented before him. He entrusted him with the safety of his sister indirectly, and because of his partial actions, Arya Stark lay dead. Reaper or not, whatever multiversal nonsense he threw at him, Jon knew that his precious sister would be dead, no matter how the picture is painted.

"I see you been a bit busier than last time I left you years ago. Most of these faces I don't recognize, a'ye."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @2nd Floor Library

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu

"..."

In turn, a pause came from Weiss, who placed her hands on her hips with a frown. "You weren't even listening, were you?" While she sounded offended and annoyed, it was only to be expected, knowing her team leader. But whatever- a lecture on listening to what other people would simply have to wait. Instead, the heiress just huffed with clear annoyance and stomped after her elder sister and her teammate. What a pain! And to think she'd agreed to help the girl with her Coalition issues and the like. This was going to be a hell of a long trip.

As they reached the library, Weiss found herself in complete and utter awe. Not even her family, or even Beacon, had a library this vast. Never before had she seen so much information all in one place... Surely, she must've died and gone to heaven! If she could read everything, surely she'd learn something worth some extra credit in class, despite having broken rules in coming here. Or maybe she'd even learn some new fighting techniques and info! She couldn't help but get excited, only broken from her trance when she heard a familiar voice, it's owner coming right into her line of vision. At first, pale blue eyes blinked owlishly before she spoke with disbelief in her voice.

"...Ren? What are you doing here?" she queried, obviously just as surprised as he. But there wasn't time to linger, because evidently he revealed the answer quite quickly. Of course it had been Ruby to bring him here... But when? Clearly, it had been only her and Ruby- and, well, her sister -that had departed earlier. And Zwei, though she had yet to realize it. "...You would be correct in that assumption," she confirmed. "But when did you get here, if Ruby brought you? We only just left and arrived..."

"Mothe--... No, of course not, you dunce. That's my sister, Winter," she corrected, shaking her head. It appeared she was especially defensive at the mention of her mother, for some reason or another.

While her younger sister and Qrow's little niece conversed, Winter herself decided to explore the vast contents of the library, deciding to start by skimming through the multiverse dictionary, skimming throught every entry in hopes of learning more, starting with 'Ultimate Nullifier'. She wasn't liking anything about this situation, but she might feel better after she knew everything she could pick up here. After all, knowledge was power, as the saying went. And with that in mind, Winter was certainly powerful, as was her sister. But there was always more to learn.

Of course, she was keeping an eye on the young huntresses all the while, keen eyes constantly on the lookout for any sign of trouble. The boy that had approached her sister hardly seemed threatening, that much was certain. He even seemed to match the description of one of the acquaintances that Weiss had written about. Perhaps they weren't the only ones here from the lands of Remnant. Less appealing, however, was what she heard- a bark of some sort, it seemed. Upon glancing to the source, Winter spotted that Ruby had a small dog poking out of her backpack.

Even if she had wanted to, Winter didn't linger on it, because something even less appealing was happening. Some odd creature was approaching Ruby, and it most certainly didn't look friendly. It didn't take much to tell this was no grimm, but that didn't stop Winter from being majorly put off. Momentarily, she set the dictionary down, upon Ruby within moments. One hand reached for her weapon, drawing it from it's place on her hip to point it at Deoxys. "Halt." A simple command, but one with purpose.

@york @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Yang Lee @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Cirilla @Minerva @darnerdemons @pubbbb @Crow @Bomb @Library​
Oh, boy.

Deoxys, from its extensive research and understanding of its own self and its own world, is a Pokemon. A collection of many different species (and, signular organisms such as itself) that all share a unique trait of being found working together with humans. Some interperet this as friendship, the Pokemon and the Trainer forging a strong bond through adventure and battle, forming a unique symbiotic relationship where the Trainer needs its Pokemon to survive, and the Pokemon needs a Trainer to find purpose.

Not unlike the relationship shared between Deoxys and Ryan-- as much as Deoxys itself finds the concept of "friendship" in its own world to be grossly optimistic. By nature, the...common Pokemon are creatures of service-- they rely on humans for purpose, and quickly shift from being free wild creatures to being forever bonded to a human Trainer inside of a Pokeball.

Deoxys was disgusted by this idea. The idea of it serving and organism lesser than itself, one that doesn't even fully comprehend what it can do...a waste of potential, a waste of time. A waste of everything to rely on a Trainer. It believes itself to be an ally of the Coalition, not a servant. Those it fights with are allies of convenience against a common enemy, they are not masters.

Deoxys serves no one.

And it will certainly not listen to an order from this lesser, pitiful waste of intelligence trying to act like its bigger than what it really is. The case of a human thinking its authority from home applies to a vast multiverse, a literal infinity of worlds that it thinks it has any say in, with its shoddy opinion and objectively flawed process of thought.

Like a fucking maggot.

37b3f27cf13b6faf2f23b3ff7c7635b2.png

"Are you ordering me?"

Deoxys openly defied her order, ignoring the piece of garbage she has in her hand dropping the book to the floor with a clatter. It stared down Winter, tilting its head slightly as it turned to fully face her.

Her face is so serious.

Her mind isn't.

@york @Verite @Hospes @Atomyk @Yang Lee @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Cirilla @Minerva @darnerdemons@pubbbb @Crow @Bomb @Library

Shizuo shrugged, "Not much else we can do. Seems this Jack guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and Ocelot hasn't said anything yet... Who the hell is Lang Zi?"
Oh, right. The Multiverse meant there were dimmensions where Zheng Fa didn't exist. But even in his own world people seemed to be unaware, so...

"I come from a country called Zheng Fa. The House of Lang, my family, is regarded as one that rears the top guardsmen and police philosophies, all thanks to Lang Zi and his philosophy of detainment, as well as his philosophies on many other matters."

There was, of course, the problems involving his father at the hands of that corrupt prosecutor, but Lang was fine giving the short version of family history for now.

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Verite @C.T. @Ringmaster @Atomyk @Holding Cells​

"Yes, and from what I've seen of your cellmate, you have my sympathy. However, the sooner we can sort this all out the sooner we can deal with him, so if you could do us a favor and cooperate by letting us handle this, it'd be appreciated."

@Jeremi

"You want me to cooperate? GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA OF HERE!" Jack shouted. "I've been stuck here for two fucking months! If they plan to kill me they should just get it fucking over with and stop tormenting me already!"

"Don't know about that. Creepy magic going on, might we just don't know how to sense it..."

"Sounds perfect for a guy who led an entire city to do his dirty work to have to rant about crazy bullshit..."

Jack broke out of his shouting when a guy he'd never seen before addressed him. "And...who are you again? I'd like to say...Blondie?"

To say Makoto was surprised by the question of whether or not he killed the former leader was a bit of an understatement. The idea alone set off something innate within him, something lodged into his psyche ever since he had participated in one of Junko Enoshima's "killing games." Kill or be killed, that was the state of the world, or so said Monokuma. In a multiverse where Junko Enoshima and the Arch Demon had existed, it seemed a given that one had to give into despair to get anywhere in life. Makoto had believed for so long that hope innately pushed through and persevered, no matter what, but for every new threat that showed up, Makoto had to reevaluate if that way of thinking was really so true.

Of course, the woman before Makoto had just been making a joke, or so he assumed. Despite his inner turmoil, he offered her a smile that he hoped conveyed, "yes, I'm not really up for this, thank you for noticing." He gestured down to the first floor, where Kyoko Kirigiri had found herself after being practically dragged from the Command Center.

"Funny you should ask, Kyoko was actually the leader before me. But she went missing, and Byakuya seemed to have other plans for himself. I was placed as the new leader. People seem to say I have a way with words..." Which didn't seem right at all, considering how much Makoto was stumbling over himself in this very conversation. "She only recently returned, but they decided she would lead next to me... which gives the Coalition three leaders, in fact."

yMe7liW.png

Turning then back to Jon, Makoto was thankful for the soft chuckle he heard from him. A spot of hope, despite all that had happened. Whatever Jon felt about Makoto, the so-called Coalition leader doubted he felt much better about himself. Kyoko just didn't seem to understand what repeated failure did to a person. "No... you wouldn't," he said, his voice low. Makoto had never really liked the idea of a group becoming so vast that some of its members could not possibly know the others. There was something lost in that... a sense of camaraderie that Makoto felt was all too important these days. "We've gained so many since the Arch Demon's time. I just hope it's enough to face the growing amount of enemies."

Makoto paused, giving Bekka a sidelong glance. He supposed it was okay for her to hear this. "... Anyway, Jon, I never got to say this before, but we owe a lot to your family. I mean... your house? It may not seem like it, but there's a debt there. If you ever have need of the Coalition, please just ask!" The Directives would not allow for the Coalition to greatly involve itself in the affairs of a single world, but certainly Makoto could work out a personal favor for Jon if it was ever needed... he hoped.

@Krieg @Jeremi

• Love
Reactions: Krieg

"..."

Oh, boy.

Deoxys, from its extensive research and understanding of its own self and its own world, is a Pokemon. A collection of many different species (and, signular organisms such as itself) that all share a unique trait of being found working together with humans. Some interperet this as friendship, the Pokemon and the Trainer forging a strong bond through adventure and battle, forming a unique symbiotic relationship where the Trainer needs its Pokemon to survive, and the Pokemon needs a Trainer to find purpose.

Not unlike the relationship shared between Deoxys and Ryan-- as much as Deoxys itself finds the concept of "friendship" in its own world to be grossly optimistic. By nature, the...common Pokemon are creatures of service-- they rely on humans for purpose, and quickly shift from being free wild creatures to being forever bonded to a human Trainer inside of a Pokeball.

Deoxys was disgusted by this idea. The idea of it serving and organism lesser than itself, one that doesn't even fully comprehend what it can do...a waste of potential, a waste of time. A waste of everything to rely on a Trainer. It believes itself to be an ally of the Coalition, not a servant. Those it fights with are allies of convenience against a common enemy, they are not masters.

Deoxys serves no one.

And it will certainly not listen to an order from this lesser, pitiful waste of intelligence trying to act like its bigger than what it really is. The case of a human thinking its authority from home applies to a vast multiverse, a literal infinity of worlds that it thinks it has any say in, with its shoddy opinion and objectively flawed process of thought.

Like a fucking maggot.

37b3f27cf13b6faf2f23b3ff7c7635b2.png

"Are you ordering me?"

Deoxys openly defied her order, ignoring the piece of garbage she has in her hand dropping the book to the floor with a clatter. It stared down Winter, tilting its head slightly as it turned to fully face her.

Her face is so serious.

Her mind isn't.

@york @Verite @Hospes @Atomyk @Yang Lee @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Cirilla @Minerva @darnerdemons@pubbbb @Crow @Bomb @Library

tumblr_o95hp8ydqr1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Hm... there's some tension growing... how to make it better~"

A mischievous grin on his face, Add opened up a single time rift behind him, and had another appear behind Winter. Not wasting a moment, Add passed his hand through and with the rift's help, he pushed Winter towards Deoxys. Before she would notice this, Add reeled his arm back and had the two time rifts close up immediately.

No one would ever know... hopefully.

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @library peeps​

"Oooh, not a fan of foreplay, eh, any of you? Fine then. I suppose I can work with that," Hisoka chuckled lightly with a smirk, crossing his arms as he'd look at everyone, "It's just that... You're aware of my... urges, no, soldier boy?"

... And then he'd turn to Meira briefly.

"And don't worry, girl. I play for both teams in the grand game of life and death."

"You become excited and stimulated when in the presence of people possibly strong enough to give you a run for your money in a fight, I know," Ocelot said matter of factly, as though reading from a book, before giving a shrug, "What of it?"

"Well, it's just that... All these people gathered all in one spot... If you're trying to torture me by not letting me play with the new kids, then it's simply working, young cub," the jester breathed, attempting to push against the energy barrier to reach the people on the other side, like pushing against a solid wall, though to no avail, "I want to break something... someone..." He would let out a laugh, his expression indicating he was almost on a high, though practically in the blink of an eye, his facial expression would suddenly turn more relaxed and laid back as he'd eye everyone, putting a hand in front of his face.

"Though... I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what you want to know. I'm nice like that," he giggled lowly, before taking a breath, "There really are tons of powerful people in this base now, isn't there? I can even feel the power surging from the girl as she sits there in the lounge, conversing and making friends like nothing is wrong here..."

Ocelot furrowed his brow, looking down for a moment. "Girl with... a great surge of power? But..."

And then, with a blink, he'd give Hisoka a mildly alarmed look.

"How do you know about--?!"

"I don't. Not really. I just know that whoever is sitting in that lounge... Her power sends shivers down my spine. But what fascinates me more is the great powers that reside within this base... Sinister power that I doubt even you are aware of that reside in this base, or you'd already be looking for them."

Lang turned to Ocelot.

Several theories were going through Lucifers mind right now, each one garnered from the reactions of various people around him.

Commander Kieran was testy over me entering an empty cell. More then he should have revealed, which fits in with what I pieced together of events. You can hide all you like, but something like what happened doesn't just vanish in midair. And the Hotel records remained for anyone to see and follow up on. The only thing I can't quite figure out is why. You wouldn't execute someone in a cell to hide secrets- Something like that would have immense repercussions if that was true....Would you?

And therein laid the extent of his knowledge insofar as Mary was concerned. At the time, his focus had been solely on the only, recorded instance of a certain ex-Vanquisher and her actions. The second time he had been able to see her, if only in periphery. Now as to the current case, there were several options.

If he's telling the truth, then it means there really is someone more powerful then we know upstairs. But not someone aware of it per se, if Major Ocelot's expression is anything to go by.

"Saber." She glanced at him, frowning slightly as Lucifer inclined his head towards the door. Saber nodded, her armor vanishing in place of her nun outfit as she bowed slightly to those present, before walking calmly away as she headed for the lounge. He knew he'd be able to rely on her for this- If there was any truth in it. And now that was done?​
"You want me to cooperate? GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA OF HERE!" Jack shouted. "I've been stuck here for two fucking months! If they plan to kill me they should just get it fucking over with and stop tormenting me already!"
"......"

A good priest shouldn't take so much pleasure in the suffering of others. It wasn't right, it wasn't worthy of the person who thought such and led only to problems down the road.

.....But he had to admit, there was a sense of satisfaction from Handsome Jacks fate after the events of Rapture he lived through.

-----------

Upstairs, Saber Alter would have made it to the lounge where she paused and took in those who were there. Right where the couch was, she saw...Well, more or less what the clown said. Which begged the question....How did he know? How did he know she- Whoever she was, she counted at least three people on the couch who filled the description from below...How he did know that she was talking on the couch? A lucky guess? A way to watch from his cell or tied into his sense of power? Only way to find out.

Which was why Saber Alter, looking like a storm about to burst marched forward to an empty space on the couch, before turning and seating herself down. Her posture ramrod straight and staring straight ahead with a look of battle in her eyes.

.....I have no idea what to say.

Social butterfly she was not.

@C.T. @The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Jeremi @DBZ7

Status
Not open for further replies.