Status
Not open for further replies.
"In that case, Neon...if you had the ability to vote, who would it be for and why?"

"...The old guy." Neon responded. "Why couldn't it be him? Just because he acts like a crazy coot doesn't mean he has to be one. He could be just pulling a trick. I didn't even know about the skewers!"

"Wait...We're voting to kill these people???" Any type of positive demeanor from Bolin was completely gone. He g"The killer needs to be put in jail! Not killed by a vote! Guys! We can't let this happen!" With a rush of tears and a rare look of anger on his part, Bolin looked around the room. "I refuse to vote for anybody, and I think everyone should do the same. We can't let these people die...we...can't..." His anger, as usual, quickly faded, but like always with sad situations, it was hard for him to bounce back. Not wanting to get scolded again for crying, he did everything in his power not to let the tears flow, but some refused to obey his will as they were accompanied by sniffles and a light trail of snot.

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @The Tactician @Nater Taters @Atomyk @ClassTrial

"Does that guy..." Poison replied pointing with her riding crop towards Monokuma. "Look like he cares if we vote or not? Someone's gonna die, it's just down to who."

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @The Tactician @Nater Taters @Atomyk @ClassTrial

"Wait...We're voting to kill these people???" Any type of positive demeanor from Bolin was completely gone. He g"The killer needs to be put in jail! Not killed by a vote! Guys! We can't let this happen!" With a rush of tears and a rare look of anger on his part, Bolin looked around the room. "I refuse to vote for anybody, and I think everyone should do the same. We can't let these people die...we...can't..." His anger, as usual, quickly faded, but like always with sad situations, it was hard for him to bounce back. Not wanting to get scolded again for crying, he did everything in his power not to let the tears flow, but some refused to obey his will as they were accompanied by sniffles and a light trail of snot.

"Bolin!!!" Honda slammed his fist down on the podium. "This bear killed two innocent people already! As awful as this situation is, we have no choice! And votes are piling up for someone who clearly DID NOT DO IT-" He gave a deathglare to Rant and Zinnia as he said this, "So in this situation, we need your vote!!!!"

• Thank You
Reactions: BarrenThin
"Bolin!!!" Honda slammed his fist down on the podium. "This bear killed two innocent people already! As awful as this situation is, we have no choice! And votes are piling up for someone who clearly DID NOT DO IT-" He gave a deathglare to Rant and Zinnia as he said this, "So in this situation, we need your vote!!!!"

Genji nodded. "Voting against evidence will just lead to unnecessary death, Zinnia. Protecting the truly guilty is not noble, it is foolish."

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @Yang Lee @Nater Taters @Atomyk @ClassTrial

All Diana could do was sink down toward the ground. She knelt down below her podium, her hands gripping at the sides. "Please stop... Please stop voting for her... I could have-- I could have spoken to others in private..."

2mKUSxE.png

"Really, I think what we've determined is that it couldn't have been someone in Cabin H, as there would have been way too much movement on their part to not get caught. Or at least, the events of the murder don't make sense if it was someone from Cabin H. There would be no need to move Byakuya to frame another cabin if he was already dead in another cabin. That means, it's likely not Shane, Nigel, Diana, or Shouten-Douji."

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @Yang Lee @Nater Taters @BarrenThin @ClassTrial

"Diana...you didn't speak to others in private. You thought Byakuya was Brennan, and now that you know he wasn't, the guilt of this all is weighing on you. However, no matter how guilty you feel, Byakuya did not die by your hand! My vote stays on Neon Katt!"

Genji took her grief as only further cementing the idea that Katt was responsible. "And, of those left... We have a frail, insane old man, a young boy, and a physically fit young woman who we know has spoken to Diana. My vote also remains the same."

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @Yang Lee @Nater Taters @Atomyk @ClassTrial
NJGv7bg.jpg

For a short time after listening to what the others had to say, Zinnia quieted to think over what she had learned. The words of the others had convinced the draconid to believe Neon probably was the killer. If this was the case, then Diana was only trying to protect her friend by putting the blame on herself and Zinnia wanted to help Diana. Protecting friends and people you care about was more important to Zinnia than any kind of sick 'justice' Monokuma wanted them to take part in. She didn't care if the others would look at her strange. This was a vote she had to make. So, without explaining herself, she voted.

"I vote for Diana."

I just hope you want to be voted out only to protect Neon and not because you're being black mailed.

Please don't let my vote be in vain...

@Everybody​
"...The old guy." Neon responded. "Why couldn't it be him? Just because he acts like a crazy coot doesn't mean he has to be one. He could be just pulling a trick. I didn't even know about the skewers!"

"Does that guy..." Poison replied pointing with her riding crop towards Monokuma. "Look like he cares if we vote or not? Someone's gonna die, it's just down to who."

Genji nodded. "Voting against evidence will just lead to unnecessary death, Zinnia. Protecting the truly guilty is not noble, it is foolish."

tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo4_100.png

"Guess there's not much choice in the matter, huh? Fine then... I'll vote for Neon Katt."

Why did it have to be like this? It was much more reliable last time around when she was in a situation like this, where the voted were only investigated in further custody, and not just... executed. For someone that had killed others as a job for a good portion of her life, Lapis felt guilty in a way that their votes equal another kill... and that the person had chances of being innocent... The possibility of another innocent dead and the guilty getting away with it... it made the former bounty hunter sick in the stomach. She could only hope that the votes would catch the killer, because if not, Lapis wouldn't even consider herself any better than the Institute in this manner...

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @Yang Lee @Nater Taters @Atomyk @ClassTrial​

Tomoko was unsure what to do, she rocked back and fourth on her feet, glancing around at the others, guess it was time to vote. Tomoko wasn't sure who to vote for, sure Diana could've done the deed, but she could also have been blackmailed. She really didn't know.

"Uh....I-I-I-I guess my vote is for Neon Katt, I guess" She muttered quietly

@CLASS TRIAL

Yurick had only been listening to the others so far before deciding to speak up once more. He wanted to get away from the stupid bear at the moment more than anything.

images

"My vote goes to Neon Katt as well." he said, looking off to the side and glaring at an innocent tree. He really didn't want to be near half of the people her or participating in the trial like the others most likely.

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @Yang Lee @Kaykay @Archwar @Minerva @DapperDogman @Yun Lee @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @york @Dec @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Melon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Jeremi @Hazel-rah @Josh M @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Spartan Potato @Everyone @anybody I missed

Idiots. Rant thought to himself as the votes started being cast. This is taking altruism to its extremes. Just to defend one stranger while unsure of taking the life of another. Hell, I'm unsure. Guess that makes me an idiot too. Jeez, this is too much thinking. Where's AI?

Rant crossed his legs and put his hands behind his head while balancing his weight across the podium stage's brace. He flicked his ears once with all the talking going on and scrunched his nose to get rid of an itch. He was getting bored and anxious. It was a very conflicting pair of feelings to deal with. On one hand the trial was dragging on and everyone insisted on Diana's innocence, but on the other hand he was curious as to how the whole system worked despite death being the end goal. That seems to be the case anyways.

Rant then closed his eyes and waited for the next thing to happen. There was only waiting after this. "What a stressful situation we have found ourselves in." He said with a smile.

@CLASSTRIAL

"Well, if he's the Ultimate Imposter, wouldn't it follow that he would come with a fake gun? To complete the effect and all...and why don't you believe that he wantedto protect us?"
"I mean...just the way he was talking you know. That was all ego and wanting to hear himself talk you know? Like, a real leader listens to people and not just drone over and over and over again about who he's going to do it and what he's gong to do. You know?"
"I think everyone is being too hard on the guy! It was only just our first day here, he never really got the chance to BE a leader! Well, except for confiscating those skewers...Oh yeah!! Speaking of your question, Mr. Frost, I think he took the skewers to keep violence down. I mean, with that cat girl causing problems, that guy on the bus, who knew what people would try even with a no violence rule in play?"
@york
"Can you... be quiet?" Diana said, looking toward Neon. "The gun, the skewers... it doesn't matter." She then looked to Jack Frost, looking a bit confused. "Look... I wasn't hiding the gun. I stole his bag last night to see if he had weapons. I kept the gun... I kept it to protect myself, but I'm an idiot and it's not even real, so, whatever."

"Diana." The girl looked toward Jude, and he looked at her apologetically. "Diana, I'm sorry, but this is a question I have to ask everybody... Did anyone see Diana talking to anybody in particular? She never joined us in the forest..."

Diana looked hurt. She tried to speak, but couldn't find the words. All she could do was lean against her podium.

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @Yang Lee @Nater Taters @BarrenThin @ClassTrial
"Even if he was just stroking his ego, no-one wants a death on their hands" he says, pointing a thumb over his shoulder toward Felix "I'm sure you remember the first thing he tried to do when he got here"
Darv shrugs slightly, resting his elbow back on the podium, and his chin back on his palm "But that is not important right now. I believe Diana when she says she was responsible"

"Why would she lie, knowing that this plush bear thing might execute her for being accused? Her best shot at survival if this was someone else's fault would be to tell us all who it was, so we could allow justice to take it's course"

"So, bear. For what it counts, I believe that the killer was Diane"

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @BarrenThin @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @york @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi@Crow @Yang Lee @Nater Taters @Atomyk
ZQPkCze.png

"Hmm? Is that a vote? Do you guys wanna vote? I mean, you're practically going around in circles... it's making my hair stand on end! Do you really think you're ready for such commitment? Everyone thinks they're daring, at least until they're staring death in the face! All I means is... I better start getting some votes!"

Diana vehemently shook her head. "I-It's not her... it's not anyone! Just vote for me! I can vote for myself, can't I?"

"I couldn't think of anything more lame! You know what, suspects don't get a vote at all! Upu... now you gotta use your words for once! I know you millennials spend more time on your phones than working on your social skills, but you can try, can't you?"

All Diana could do was sink down toward the ground. She knelt down below her podium, her hands gripping at the sides. "Please stop... Please stop voting for her... I could have-- I could have spoken to others in private..."

2mKUSxE.png

"Really, I think what we've determined is that it couldn't have been someone in Cabin H, as there would have been way too much movement on their part to not get caught. Or at least, the events of the murder don't make sense if it was someone from Cabin H. There would be no need to move Byakuya to frame another cabin if he was already dead in another cabin. That means, it's likely not Shane, Nigel, Diana, or Shouten-Douji."

Jack Frost

@The Tactician @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @DapperDogman @The Spartan Potato @Archwar @C.T. @Atomyk @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Crow @Yang Lee @Nater Taters @BarrenThin @Others?

Jack Frost had gone quiet, listening once again to the conversations around him... This had happened a few times already, and often times he began to lose track of time as he tried to put the pieces of information they had together, until finally, he spoke.

"In light of the new information we have found... I also vote for Neon Katt." He said.

Though, his words lacked the confidence he would have preferred to have; he knew these votes would be sentencing someone to death... All he could hope was that they have done this investigation right, and it was truly Neon Katt that was the killer, rather than someone else.​

hmXMNng.webp

"Tsukubo... will now vote for Neon Katt..." the sentient podium utters, "if what Shimada-san says is true, there's no other way about this..."

Crying emerged from the unoccupied podium.

@Atomyk @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @york @ClassTrials​

hmXMNng.webp

"Tsukubo... will now vote for Neon Katt..." the sentient podium utters, "if what Shimada-san says is true, there's no other way about this..."

Crying emerged from the unoccupied podium.

@Atomyk @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @york @ClassTrials​

Genji turned to the crying podium and felt a rush of sympathy for the... Child? He took a step forward and went to pat the top of the sentient podium, assuming it was her head. He spoke in Japanese, hoping to illicit a sense of kinship from the child, but the odd, universal translator-sequel effect allowed others to understand as well. "Hasshu ima... Sore wa daijōbudarou. Ore wa daremoga anata o kizutsukeru koto wa dekimasen." Hush now. It'll be alright. I won't let any harm come to you.

@Crow @class trial​

Tharja, who had been hardly been paying attention throughout all of this nonsens- oh was the fat one dead? What was his name? Bakana? Banana? Well he certainly could pa- er- could HAVE passed for a gorilla.

Regardless, with what little she got, the sorceress cast her vote to off Kate... Cat... Katt. Right? Gods, who the hell cared?

Creeping up behind Kyoko, Tharja reached downwards, casually getting two full handfuls of the normally stoic woman's rear.
"So are we almost done here, or can I take the corpse for some spells? I could probably make it last for years on end.
Also? Nice place you got here." The slender woman chuckled darkly.

"Honk honk, as the husband likes to say."
Although he never did that for her rear. Most of the time, anyway.

@Verite @Atomyk

lUKVHs1.png

"..."

Kyoko stood silently as the votes began to pile on. It was a bit early to believe that those who were voted off would die from the perspective of others, though of course, it wasn't like she was going to say anything. After all, they were right, or at least, Kyoko also believed so, considering that bear was standing there before them, laughing as everyone panicked and was driven towards despair. Of course, if she could help it, she would do everything in her power to make it so that no one had to die, but like any human, she had her limitations.

All that she could hope for was that the voted party, Neon Katt in this case, if she were to die, that her death would be a quick one.

Seeing Nono cry, something that she seemed to be fond of doing often (though in this situation, perhaps it should be expected of a fragile, younger girl), and observing Genji reply to her, the young woman gave a sigh.

... Why was it that when Genji spoke, it was like, his voice faded in and out between native Japanese and then not?

uH0JMCG.png

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this, Morikubo-san, but just as the samurai said, as long as you stick close, everything will be daijoubu. Watashitachi wa mikata."

... Felt like it just happened to her too for a minute. Weird.

And then Tharja said "honk honk" and then touched her rear as her back was to her.

"... Please stop that."

@DBZ7 @Crow @BarrenThin

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Prologue DEAD END
"9 Lives Spent"

dJXdWIc.png

Monokuma's laughter grew in pitch, overpowering the discussion. For those gathered, it was obvious the vote was not going to sway any further. "Geh-hehe... it looks like your argument has come to a close! Let's move along to the most exciting part of tonight's daily feature!" Monokuma then slid down the head of the mammoth so that he was straddling one of the horns. "Oh, just a reminder... I'll let it slide this time as it was our first time together, but make triple sure you vote for someone in the future! If you don't vote... I'll skewer you upon one of these mammoth horns and eat you up!"

Monokuma then stood, gasping in mock surprise. "Oops! I lost control of my wild side for a second. Riding a mammoth like this has made me feel bold!" This triggered Monomi to begin weeping again.

07UQM08.png

"U-Ugghhhh!! Why did this happen...?!"

"Next time?" Jude asked, speaking up. "There won't be a next time, not after this!"

"Oh?" Monokuma tilted his head to the side in curiosity. "Won't happen again? Really? You know... why do you think the killer did what they did? Was it self-defense? An act of mercy? Did they decide the Affluent Progeny was a bad guy? Hmm... How about we ask them once we learn the results of the vote!" Monokuma jumped down off the mammoth and stood in the circle of podiums. He raised his arms into the air, and as he did so, an electronic display rose from the ground behind the mammoth statue. It stopped, displaying an image of a single white question mark on a black background, high above the mammoth.

"Have you made the right choice or the dreadfully wrong one?!"

The display changed to a moving image of a slot machine, the suspects' faces on the reels.

V1G6kwy.gif

The slot machine eventually stopped, landing on Neon's face three times in a row. The text below flashed...

GUILTY

"I know it was hard for you guys to think hard, but somehow you did it! Now, was that so difficult?"

"N-No..."

tGaJmAL.png

Neon Katt started to break down, falling against her podium and crying. "I-I did it to save you all!" she screamed through her tears. "You think I wanted to kill him?! I-I-I talked to Diana and I agreed with her that he was a problem... but she wasn't the one who actually got me to even consider killing him... the way he talked the way he acted... it was just a matter of time. The skewers... Diana gave me the skewers. I wasn't going to use them. Just defend myself, you know? He wasn't supposed to be sleeping in our cabin, but when he came into our cabin during the night... I just panicked!"

Diana had risen, her eyes red with tears. She had been crying quietly ever since the votes started leaning toward Neon. "Neon, don't even bother. If I hadn't... If I hadn't said anything, if I hadn't switched the name plaques around, you wouldn't have gotten the idea into your head. I'm so sorry... I didn't think you would ever..."

"Diana, wait, p-please..." Neon was visibly shaking now. "I went under his bed and I... I stabbed him until he stopped moving. I... took the sheets and the skewers and hid them before I used the cart to drag the body over to the other cabin. I was about done when Diana saw me placing the body and she screamed. I panicked and ran back to the cabin when everybody else was running in to check out the commotion. In the confusion, I moved the sheets and the skewers into the old man's bag..."

"I awoke first and I saw her. When I saw he was dead, I screamed. I couldn't help it, it was involuntary. But I thought about it later, and I didn't want her to get in trouble for killing him... Who I thought he was..."

Neon stood silently, not speaking again until a few moments had passed. "Diana, I... didn't want to do it... but he..."

The faunus pointed dramatically at Monokuma. "He told me to do it! He told me my team would've died if I didn't do it! He said he had them locked away and then he displayed those abilities he had...! I-I just couldn't let that happen! I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry...!"

"What?" Diana's demeanor took a dramatic took as she took this new piece of info in. Her head whipped to stare at the tiny bear. "You mean she didn't... She didn't do it because of what I said...?" Diana's confused expression turned to one of hate. She growled, moving to leap over the podium. "You monster!" she screamed.

"Hold on there!" Nigel had jumped into circle after Diana, grabbing her in order to hold her back. "Don't get yourself killed now!" Diana only groaned, feebly trying to get out from his grip.

"Upupupu... Gahh-hahahaha! I feel it. I really truly feel it! Your hate! Your despair! Normally, I would be tickled pink! Buuut..."

PVXra2i.png

"Why do you think I did this, huh? This Ultimate Kitty was such a bubbly girl, don't you think? Who would ever think her capable of such a bloody deed as foul as murder? Hehe... you see what I was saying? Anyone is capable of murder under the right circumstances! All you brats and goody-two-shoes think you know how the world works, huh? Well, let me tell you..." The display above changed to what appeared to be a field full of creatures mad of shadow. "Miss Strong-Willed was right! You're in the Dark Place, and here, you play by its rules. The despair you're feeling now? The darkness feeds off it. It's a malevolence that seeps into your bones! Monomi's tactics are ineffectual and limp-wristed at best! I truly understand how this world works, and that is why I'm the headmaster!"

The bear let out a soft giggle. He took a few steps toward Neon, peering at her. "You're a killer, sorry to say! You're also my example. You have to suspect everybody when you're down here! Sure, I killed a few of you to get you all to understand, but I'm notoriously a harsh teacher! That's my thing! You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs! Think of all this as a lesson... think of it as the prologue to our adventures together! Byakuya wasn't able to lead you, but now I get to! And you have to deal with it."

"I don't-- We don't understand what you mean."

"Oh, well. You will, trust me! Now, it's time... some of you suspected this would be the case, and you're right! The only true way to deal with a killer... is to execute them for their crimes!"

For her part, Neon managed to hold strong against this news. "Just tell me they're alive," she whispered.

"Hehe... Puhuhuhu..."

Monokuma would deny her an answer.

Inside the circle of podiums, a circular hole opened in the pavement. Out came the inexplicable sight of a giant white hand. The hand was attached to a long metal limb that descended down into the darkness of the hole. It shot upward up to then fall down upon Neon Katt to scoop her into its palm. The girl was then pulled down into the hole and it closed up after she was gone. "There is more than one way to skin a cat!" Monokuma declared.

On the display above showed Neon dropping down from a great height. She fell into a large sack that was then tied closed by two of the mechanical hands. The hands then pushed the sack forward, the camera zooming out to show the sack starting to tumble down a very large slope. The girl inside was tossed about as the sack bounced and dragged against dirt and rock. The camera then looked down to show that the sack was about to fall of a cliff face and crash into a body of water below. Diana gasped the loudest when the sack finally fell off the edge, and the group was forced to watch as she descended down and down toward the water...

Until, one of the mechanical hands grabbed the sack just in time, with Neon hopefully cushioned by the sack itself. An agonizing few seconds passed where nothing happened, but soon the hand was moving, dragging the sack across the water. It began to pick up speed, soon approaching the rock wall at the opposite side of the lake. The hand was about to crash into the wall when--

It stopped. It let go.

The sack with Neon inside fell into the water, sinking down into the dark depths below.

Diana began to weep, falling into Nigel and clutching at his arms. McGucket frowned at the sight, lowering his head and placing one of the skewers against his chest. Jude had been forced to look away, staring at the ground with his hands balled into fists.

roLnfd6.png

"That's all, folks! Go get some food and have a nice rest... tomorrow will be a brand new day!" As he said this, the podiums and the electronic display began to sink into the ground. "Seeee ya!" Monokuma waved goodbye as he began to sink into the ground as well. Once he was gone, nothing was left but silence.

The whole thing seemed to affect Wanda most of all. She doubled over, clutching her head and spoke.

"Sometimes we want to hide from ourselves — we do not want to be us — it is too difficult to be us."

2831839-avengers__65___page_18c.jpg

"I am here, Wanda. I'll take the weight. You're mine. You have been since before you got here. Relax."

Wanda's voice rang over the group of players. Her body became surrounded by red flames and energy, flashing brilliantly.

"Wanda doesn't want to be Wanda. She doesn't know that, but I do. I know all of you. I know you all your secrets and truths. I brought you here."

"Wanda" was, at this moment, someone else. Wanda's body floated in the air, like a goddess among men.

2831861-avengers__70___page_4b.jpg

"As the night wind blows, the boughs move to and fro. The rustling, the magic rustling that brings on the dark dream. The dream of suffering and pain. Pain for the victim, pain for the inflicter of pain. A circle of pain, a circle of suffering. Woe to the ones who behold the pale horse..."

"Wanda" landed on the ground, the flames settled as she walked toward Edmond Honda.

"I hate you all, but you are one of the most. You never move an inch, always centered."

"Wanda" lightly put her hands on the man. Eye to eye. In a song-like tone, "Wanda" would speak:

"Through the darkness of future's past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds... 'Fire... walk with me.'"

Suddenly, "Wanda" pushed away from the sumo and fell into the ground. Fire surrounded her.

" I am no spirit's plaything! I am in control! I will not let you hurt anyone!"

Continued here.

CAST LIST
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Yang Lee as Bolin "Ultimate Earthbender" [The Legend Of Korra]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@T.O.M. as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Archwar as Noble Six "Ultimate Lone Wolf" [Original Character/Halo]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse "Ultimate Rat Mouse" [Original Character]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@The Spartan Potato as Terezi Pyrope "Ultimate Justice" [Homestuck]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Prologue DEAD END
"9 Lives Spent"

dJXdWIc.png

Monokuma's laughter grew in pitch, overpowering the discussion. For those gathered, it was obvious the vote was not going to sway any further. "Geh-hehe... it looks like your argument has come to a close! Let's move along to the most exciting part of tonight's daily feature!" Monokuma then slid down the head of the mammoth so that he was straddling one of the horns. "Oh, just a reminder... I'll let it slide this time as it was our first time together, but make triple sure you vote for someone in the future! If you don't vote... I'll skewer you upon one of these mammoth horns and eat you up!"

Monokuma then stood, gasping in mock surprise. "Oops! I lost control of my wild side for a second. Riding a mammoth like this has made me feel bold!" This triggered Monomi to begin weeping again.

07UQM08.png

"Next time?" Jude asked, speaking up. "There won't be a next time, not after this!"

"Oh?" Monokuma tilted his head to the side in curiosity. "Won't happen again? Really? You know... why do you think the killer did what they did? Was it self-defense? An act of mercy? Did they decide the Affluent Progeny was a bad guy? Hmm... How about we ask them once we learn the results of the vote!" Monokuma jumped down off the mammoth and stood in the circle of podiums. He raised his arms into the air, and as he did so, an electronic display rose from the ground behind the mammoth statue. It stopped, displaying an image of a single white question mark on a black background, high above the mammoth.

The display changed to a moving image of a slot machine, the suspects' faces on the reels.

V1G6kwy.gif

The slot machine eventually stopped, landing on Neon's face three times in a row. The text below flashed...

GUILTY

"I know it was hard for you guys to think hard, but somehow you did it! Now, was that so hard?"

"N-No..."

tGaJmAL.png

Neon Katt started to break down, falling against her podium and crying. "I-I did it to save you all!" she screamed through her tears. "You think I wanted to kill him?! I-I-I talked to Diana and I agreed with her that he was a problem... but she wasn't the one who actually got me to even consider killing him... the way he talked the way he acted... it was just a matter of time. The skewers... Diana gave me the skewers. I wasn't going to use them. Just defend myself, you know? He wasn't supposed to be sleeping in our cabin, but when he came into our cabin during the night... I just panicked!"

Diana had risen, her eyes red with tears. She had been crying quietly ever since the votes started leaning toward Neon. "Neon, don't even bother. If I hadn't... If I hadn't said anything, if I hadn't switched the name plaques around, you wouldn't have gotten the idea into your head. I'm so sorry... I didn't think you would ever..."

"Diana, wait, p-please..." Neon was visibly shaking now. "I went under his bed and I... I stabbed him until he stopped moving. I... took the sheets and the skewers and hid them before I used the cart to drag the body over to the other cabin. I was about done when Diana saw me placing the body and she screamed. I panicked and ran back to the cabin when everybody else was running in to check out the commotion. In the confusion, I moved the sheets and the skewers into the old man's bag..."

"I awoke first and I saw her. When I saw he was dead, I screamed. I couldn't help it, it was involuntary. But I thought about it later, and I didn't want her to get in trouble for killing him... Who I thought he was..."

Neon stood silently, not speaking again until a few moments had passed. "Diana, I... didn't want to do it... but he..."

The faunus pointed dramatically at Monokuma. "He told me to do it! He told me my team would've died if I didn't do it! He said he had them locked away and then he displayed those abilities he had...! I-I just couldn't let that happen! I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry...!"

"What?" Diana's demeanor took a dramatic took as she took this new piece of info in. Her head whipped to stare at the tiny bear. "You mean she didn't... She didn't do it because of what I said...?" Diana's confused expression turned to one of hate. She growled, moving to leap over the podium. "You monster!" she screamed.

"Hold on there!" Nigel had jumped into circle after Diana, grabbing her in order to hold her back. "Don't get yourself killed now!" Diana only groaned, feebly trying to get out from his grip.

"Upupupu... Gahh-hahahaha! I feel it. I really truly feel it! Your hate! Your despair! Normally, I would be tickled pink! Buuut..."

PVXra2i.png

"Why do you think I did this, huh? This Ultimate Kitty was such a bubbly girl, don't you think? Who would ever think her capable of such a bloody deed as foul as murder? Hehe... you see what I was saying? Anyone is capable of murder under the right circumstances! All you brats and goody-two-shoes think you know how the world works, huh? Well, let me tell you..." The display above changed to what appeared to be a field full of creatures mad of shadow. "Miss Strong-Willed was right! You're in the Dark Place, and here, you play by its rules. The despair you're feeling now? The darkness feeds off it. It's a malevolence that seeps into your bones! Monomi's tactics are ineffectual and limp-wristed at best! I truly understand how this world works, and that is why I'm the headmaster!"

The bear let out a soft giggle. He took a few steps toward Neon, peering at her. "You're a killer, sorry to say! You're also my example. You have to suspect everybody when you're down here! Sure, I killed a few of you to get you all to understand, but I'm notoriously a harsh teacher! That's my thing! You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs! Think of all this as a lesson... think of it as the prologue to our adventures together! Byakuya wasn't able to lead you, but now I get to! And you have to deal with it."

"Oh, well. You will, trust me! Now, it's time... some of you suspected this would be the case, and you're right! The only true way to deal with a killer... is to execute them for their crimes!"

For her part, Neon managed to hold strong against this news. "Just tell me they're alive," she whispered.

"Hehe... Puhuhuhu..."

Inside the circle of podiums, a circular hole opened in the pavement. Out came the inexplicable sight of a giant white hand. The hand was attached to a long metal limb that descended down into the darkness of the hole. It shot upward up to then fall down upon Neon Katt to scoop her into its palm. The girl was then pulled down into the hole and it closed up after she was gone. "There is more than one way to skin a cat!" Monokuma declared.

On the display above showed Neon dropping down from a great height. She fell into a large sack that was then tied closed by two of the mechanical hands. The hands then pushed the sack forward, the camera zooming out to show the sack starting to tumble down a very large slope. The girl inside was tossed about as the sack bounced and dragged against dirt and rock. The camera then looked down to show that the sack was about to fall of a cliff face and crash into a body of water below. Diana gasped the loudest when the sack finally fell off the edge, and the group was forced to watch as she descended down and down toward the water...

Until, one of the mechanical hands grabbed the sack just in time, with Neon hopefully cushioned by the sack itself. An agonizing few seconds passed where nothing happened, but soon the hand was moving, dragging the sack across the water. It began to pick up speed, soon approaching the rock wall at the opposite side of the lake. The hand was about to crash into the wall when--

It stopped. It let go.

The sack with Neon inside fell into the water, sinking down into the dark depths below.

Diana began to weep, falling into Nigel and clutching at his arms. McGucket frowned at the sight, lowering his head and placing one of the skewers against his chest. Jude had been forced to look away, staring at the ground with his hands balled into fists.

roLnfd6.png

"That's all, folks! Go get some food and have a nice rest... tomorrow will be a brand new day!" As he said this, the podiums and the electronic display began to sink into the ground. "Seeee ya!" Monokuma waved goodbye as he began to sink into the ground as well. Once he was gone, nothing was left but silence.

The whole thing seemed to affect Wanda most of all. She doubled over, clutching her head and spoke.

"Sometimes we want to hide from ourselves — we do not want to be us — it is too difficult to be us."

"I am here, Wanda. I'll take the weight. You're mine. You have been since before you got here. Relax."

Wanda's voice rang over the group of players. Her body became surrounded by red flames and energy, flashing brilliantly.

"Wanda doesn't want to be Wanda. She doesn't know that, but I do. I know all of you. I know you all your secrets and truths. I brought you here."

"Wanda" was, at this moment, someone else. Wanda's body floated in the air, like a goddess among men.

"As the night wind blows, the boughs move to and fro. The rustling, the magic rustling that brings on the dark dream. The dream of suffering and pain. Pain for the victim, pain for the inflicter of pain. A circle of pain, a circle of suffering. Woe to the ones who behold the pale horse..."

"Wanda" landed on the ground, the flames settled as she walked toward Edmond Honda.

"I hate you all, but you are one of the most. You never move an inch, always centered."

"Wanda" lightly put her hands on the man. Eye to eye. In a song-like tone, "Wanda" would speak:

2831859-avengers__70___page_3.jpg

"Through the darkness of future's past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds... 'Fire... walk with me.'"

Suddenly, "Wanda" pushed away from the sumo and fell into the ground. Fire surrounded her.

CAST LIST
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@CCC Kouhai as Five "Ultimate Game Master" [Zankyou no Terror]
@Hazel-rah as Ringabel "Ultimate Vagabond" [Bravely Default]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
Well that was something... As Sledge was forced to watch everything that Neon went through until her supposed demise he merely folded his arms and stood still. His body was tense but one could tell from his eyes that he seemed completely emotionless to the event in total. Perhaps the gas mask was hiding his true feelings... But despair certainly wasn't one of them. His training saw to that.

Then this thing with Wanda started. He certainly was confused not knowing exactly what this was all about.

a63475dc1f78c626e18651ce831ccf1a.jpg

"Can't say i'm surprised to see all of this... This is probably Hell after all...." An idle comment as he thought over the current situation they were in.

@EveryoneAndNoOneISuppose

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
Continued from here.

Prologue DEAD END
"9 Lives Spent"

dJXdWIc.png

07UQM08.png

V1G6kwy.gif

GUILTY

"I know it was hard for you guys to think hard, but somehow you did it! Now, was that so hard?"

"N-No..."

tGaJmAL.png

PVXra2i.png

"Hehe... Puhuhuhu..."

It stopped. It let go.

roLnfd6.png

CAST LIST
player1_e_honda.JPG

It was funny, really. The man who the Scarlet Witch said was always centered certainly didn't feel that way now. E. Honda was trembling, holding onto first the podium for support, then his knees once the former was lowered away. At least Byakuya's death they hadn't seen. Neon's though...and even if it was murder after all, she had a team she was looking after. Had any of his disciples, any friends of his been held hostage like that, who knows what he would've done in Neon's place.

And even then he couldn't process this whole thing too much, as out of nowhere, Wanda had targeted him of all people, talking to him. Then just as she had started, she stopped herself. What...they had never talked that he'd known, what had he done to earn her attention?!

Honda took a step back, hand clutching his stomach as he felt a rumbling that wasn't hunger. For once, he was truly at a loss for words.

@Everyone​

Stiles paused- a dark place, that was not what he wanted to hear. It reminded him of his past, of the monster that had controlled him, the one who he couldn't beat- the nogitsune, the darkness- echoing the same words.

tumblr_n3mg2pLpyE1qhxdo1o1_500.gif

Despite it being over a year ago, he couldn't escape the words-it was the stuff in his nightmares, it was something he couldn't change no matter how hard he tried. The darkness from the monster lingered and festered in him, biding its time and waiting. One day, he might snap, one day.

These thoughts raced through his head as he witnessed the murder of the girl who died. Whatever this was- this was either going to kill him or change him. He hoped the former didn't happen. He stayed away from the Scarlett Witch, uncertain what to do.

@everyone @flashback padding stuff

Continued from here.

Prologue DEAD END
"9 Lives Spent"

dJXdWIc.png

07UQM08.png

V1G6kwy.gif

GUILTY

"N-No..."

tGaJmAL.png

PVXra2i.png

"Hehe... Puhuhuhu..."

It stopped. It let go.

roLnfd6.png

CAST LIST
tumblr_o03ajcuQLW1v3qowuo8_100.png

"..."

Despite having the strange shade of blue take over her eyes once more, Lapis didn't seem to be as vibrant with life as she was first arriving here. While some would assume that the execution that fell upon Neon didn't disturb Lapis, the former bounty hunter couldn't actually figure out how to truly respond to this. The settling dread that she had contributed to someone's death, even if they were guilty for a murder... they didn't even mean to resort to such measures. They were pushed to do so by Monokuma... almost like how Lapis was pushed around to do the killing for Exe. It wasn't fair... it wasn't at all.

In a way, Lapis was finally fitting the status of her own existence, a walking corpse. Something about this... it drained all of the life and energy she had before, where she seemed to be void of emotion and felt empty inside. But, something sparked in her head, sparking the life back into her before she would become truly empty. The light returning into her blank blue eyes, Lapis immediately remembered that she was missing someone... and that she was stuck here... stuck in this dark place full of dread.

She did not seem to have much to say with anyone else, such as Catbug, who had arrived here with her, or to Wanda, who had seemed to have snapped from these events... All Lapis felt like doing... was to drop down to the ground on her knees, fighting back the urge to let out tears.

tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... not again... not like... this... it hurts..."

Despite all that she had gone through, the pure concept of being in another incident like that one Murder Game... it filled her with dread. More dread than the last time, because she truly felt alone. She knew no one truthfully, but even so, she rather not get anyone dragged into her dread in the first place. While one could figure out that Lapis was overwhelmed by this, a single thought echoed in her mind. This thought gave Lapis the notion to hang her head low, not giving people an easy look at her eyes... her tears dripping down to the ground.

Abel... please... I'm so sorry... for going out on my own... I... I miss you.

@everybody lol​

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Continued from here.

Prologue DEAD END
"9 Lives Spent"

dJXdWIc.png

07UQM08.png

V1G6kwy.gif

GUILTY

"N-No..."

tGaJmAL.png

PVXra2i.png

"Hehe... Puhuhuhu..."

It stopped. It let go.

roLnfd6.png

CAST LIST
As Jack watched as the bubbly girl who had seemed so peaceful be put to death, there was mixture of two base emotions within his heart. One of sorrow as he felt sympathy for her actions, for her desire to protect them and to save the members of her team they had never met but clearly meant the world to her. Her death wasn't right, even if she had murdered Togami, and yet, it could not be allowed to stand as another would have been killed instead. He had been taught as a child that he had to rule as a fair, just man, and in this moment, he wondered if justice was truly able to always be fair.

The other emotion he felt, one that he hadn't felt since he clashed with his inner reflection, raged for a moment like an engulfing blaze as he turned his eyes to the bear before being contained. He would not be consumed by his anger in this moment and allow this sickening creature to manipulate him into doing something rash. Instead, the samurai wielded the fire within his heart like a sword as he spoke during the bear's descent, loud enough for his fellow trial members.

"By my honor, I swear it... You will pay for your crimes here, demon bear!"

There was no yelling heard from him, only the voice of a samurai assured of the righteousness of his word and the certainty of the threat it held.
player1_e_honda.JPG

It was funny, really. The man who the Scarlet Witch said was always centered certainly didn't feel that way now. E. Honda was trembling, holding onto first the podium for support, then his knees once the former was lowered away. At least Byakuya's death they hadn't seen. Neon's though...and even if it was murder after all, she had a team she was looking after. Had any of his disciples, any friends of his been held hostage like that, who knows what he would've done in Neon's place.

And even then he couldn't process this whole thing too much, as out of nowhere, Wanda had targeted him of all people, talking to him. Then just as she had started, she stopped herself. What...they had never talked that he'd known, what had he done to earn her attention?!

Honda took a step back, hand clutching his stomach as he felt a rumbling that wasn't hunger. For once, he was truly at a loss for words.

@Everyone​

Status
Not open for further replies.