• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So, is this his weapon?"

Roman held up the sword, looking at it as he sought to find some form of on switch.

As it burst into flames, he took the opportunity to light up his cigar, holding the blade close as his usual rich, noxious smoke filled the air. Neo rested on a shelf nearby, ears twitching as she rested.

And then the first thing Roman did was bring the sword down on the wrist of the body, with a clumsy strike.

Seriously, what kind of barbarian used a sword?

@Morgue @Atomyk @Hospes

VCtPbkH.png

pOpvEGe.png

Fs08qFv.png

Bowling Cap Guy's actions were most sudden.

XxjfDnk.png

"Wha- what are you doing?" Djeeta was most shocked by the occurence as she covered her mouth, and had little clue what was going on. She seemed to be prepared to vomit. Wow. A decapicitated head couldn't drive her to that. Maybe she's immune to that when rage-fueled. Now that she has calmed down, poof.

@Morgue @Atomyk @Hospes @Ringmaster

"There was a few lines that rhymed yeah." She acknowledged. "Why? You have an idea of who could've written it?"

@Atomyk @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @investigaton

MXmA5gZ.png

"According to what Djeeta said, among her and Meteo's group, Mabel provided food items with various unnatural effects, which included gender alteration, love-at-first-sight, cowardice enhancement, and of course - constant rhyming."

Gran looks around to see if anyone has flinched. He then looks at Aran and nods, hoping he got the message.

"Before I point fingers, I want to ask Mabel about who acquired which food items." Gran then coughs a little as he ponders. "According to Djeeta, among the group are Zinnia and her pink friend, Kirby, Shinobu, Ararararararagi, Hatchin, Hideo and Wiruko, RGB, and of course, Meteo himself and Djeeta herself. Mabel, am I missing anyone who accompanied you down the Mine Shaft into the laboratory?"

@Atomyk @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Hospes @investigaton​

"Wha- what are you doing?" Djeeta was most shocked by the occurence as she covered her mouth, and had little clue what was going on. She seemed to be prepared to vomit. Wow. A decapicitated head couldn't drive her to that. Maybe she's immune to that when rage-fueled. Now that she has calmed down, poof.

He removed the cigar, holding the blade at arms length with the other hand as he waited for it to go out with a wince. Though seeing Djeeta's expression, he sighed and rolled his eyes heavenward before putting away the sword under the sink as steam hissed up. Returning back, he looked her over before shaking his head....

And passing over his cigar.

"Small puffs, get used to it. It'll calm your nerves. And lets just say I want to make sure."

Leaving Djeeta with his cigar, he patted her shoulder and walked over to the body, examining the wound he just made to compare with the killing blow.

@Atomyk @Hospes @Crow

He removed the cigar, holding the blade at arms length with the other hand as he waited for it to go out with a wince. Though seeing Djeeta's expression, he sighed and rolled his eyes heavenward before putting away the sword under the sink as steam hissed up. Returning back, he looked her over before shaking his head....

And passing over his cigar.

"Small puffs, get used to it. It'll calm your nerves. And lets just say I want to make sure."

@Atomyk @Hospes @Crow

XxjfDnk.png

"It's alright, I'm too young to smoke," Djeeta says as she takes the cigar anyways. She swallows something - presumably her puke - then sets her Sword of Flames on fire and prepares to bring it close to the cigar's tip.

She was faced with a dilemma of whether to smoke or not.

One time wouldn't hurt, right?​

XxjfDnk.png

"It's alright, I'm too young to smoke," Djeeta says as she takes the cigar anyways. She swallows something - presumably her puke - then sets her Sword of Flames on fire and prepares to bring it close to the cigar's tip.

She was faced with a dilemma of whether to smoke or not.

One time wouldn't hurt, right?​
"Never stopped me."

He said over his shoulder idly, ironically trying to do the same. He wasn't a detective. He wasn't some inspector, or great mystery solver. He was as crooked as a corkscrew and less honest then the corkscrew. Something like this was out of his level. If there was a ballpark, the team would have long since left it. But here he was regardless. Trying to play detective to save his skin and helping some brat for no reason.

.....That brought back memories, which he ruthlessly squashed as he rose up and sighed.

"How old are ya kid?"

@Crow

"Never stopped me."

He said over his shoulder idly, ironically trying to do the same. He wasn't a detective. He wasn't some inspector, or great mystery solver. He was as crooked as a corkscrew and less honest then the corkscrew. Something like this was out of his level. If there was a ballpark, the team would have long since left it. But here he was regardless. Trying to play detective to save his skin and helping some brat for no reason.

.....That brought back memories, which he ruthlessly squashed as he rose up and sighed.

"How old are ya kid?"

@Crow

"I'm nearing 17 this year," Djeeta replies.​

"I'm nearing 17 this year," Djeeta replies.​
"Really? Then remind me to get you a drink later too....If we can get anything good in this place."

He scowled and barely twitched as Neo leaped from the shelf onto his shoulders. One hand reaching up automatically, he rubbed behind her ears as she purred before he sighed.

"Assuming we survive too."

@Crow

"Really? Then remind me to get you a drink later too....If we can get anything good in this place."

He scowled and barely twitched as Neo leaped from the shelf onto his shoulders. One hand reaching up automatically, he rubbed behind her ears as she purred before he sighed.

"Assuming we survive too."

@Crow
Does he mean alcohol? Likely.

But anyways, on to the next question.

"Say, I heard some people mentioning about some 'event' or 'game' thing, and apparently this is a 'staged game' they call it. Do you have any knowledge on this?"​

"Say, I heard some people mentioning about some 'event' or 'game' thing, and apparently this is a 'staged game' they call it. Do you have any knowledge on this?"​
He chuckled mirthlessly, turning to look at her. And in that stare, full of cold amusement Djeeta would realize.

He wasn't that much older then her. His cynical act and fancy clothes only hiding the fact, like a good actor or a carefully constructed persona. The catsune slithered into his arms, Roman automatically adapting to it as he looked Djeeta in the eye and spoke.

"Kid...I've seen all kinds of weird shit. For example, my current boss is an anthropomorphic duck with geriatric problems. This is a first for me as it is for you."

He shook his head and suddenly smirked.

"It ain't gonna smoke itself you know. One of my best ones too- Go on."

Pulling up a chair, he leaned back and added slyly.

"I promise not to tell your mommy I caught you smoking."

@Crow

He chuckled mirthlessly, turning to look at her. And in that stare, full of cold amusement Djeeta would realize.

He wasn't that much older then her. His cynical act and fancy clothes only hiding the fact, like a good actor or a carefully constructed persona. The catsune slithered into his arms, Roman automatically adapting to it as he looked Djeeta in the eye and spoke.

"Kid...I've seen all kinds of weird shit. For example, my current boss is an anthropomorphic duck with geriatric problems. This is a first for me as it is for you."

He shook his head and suddenly smirked.

"It ain't gonna smoke itself you know. One of my best ones too- Go on."

Pulling up a chair, he leaned back and added slyly.

"I promise not to tell your mommy I caught you smoking."

@Crow

Djeeta shrugs and sighs, before giving in to peer pressure, lighting the cigar and smoking it. She coughed on the first puff, showing a small extent of distaste. "Well, at least I tried it. Maybe it's that thing you have to try a few times before you start enjoying it. That, or there are two or three things with such a description. Possibly more."

"I know... very little about my past, and I'm still gathering the pieces together. Right now, I prefer to look forward into the present and future, and ultimately they're linked to the past, so it doesn't really make too much of a difference as looking back."

Djeeta looks out of a supposed window.

"While I wonder how my friends back home are doing, I think it's best to wonder if I'll ever meet them again. But for now, I want to look out for the allies and foes..."

Djeeta looks at the exit, then at Meteo...

"... that I have met in Gravity Falls. Back home, I had access to magic, summons, and a number of allies that I have bonded with over the weeks and months, but here, I couldn't protect the the Meteo..."

Djeeta puffs again, coughs, then asks for the man's name.

"My name is Djeeta(pronounced Ji-ta). What's yours?"​

Roman chuckled aloud at her reaction, scuffed black shoes evidence of his recent trials tapping the ground as he shrugged.

"It gets easier the next time. Its important to cultivate a taste for the better things in life, people tend to judge you for that."

Still, he listened. Granted, he always did. Even if he didn't care so much about the information, it was always needful to do so, just in case. You never knew just when it might come in handy. Casually, his fingers danced along the spine of his catsune before she introduced herself. Upon which he grinned in a wry manner.

"Roman. Roman Torchwick. The best damn thief you'll ever meet in your life."

Part of him wanted to respond to her earlier worries. Who cared about the past, compared to the here and now? It was a lesson he learned to his benefit and so he based himself around it. Influence and perception, that was how to run things. Rich, successful people liked brandy and cigars so he learned to appreciate them. They did business better with people who looked the part as well, so he did that too. And here he was because of it, the spitting image of a gentleman you might find anywhere. He could have said all that. Some part wondered later, if he should have.

But here and now, he merely cut another cigar(he was running out of them, he noticed with dismay) and began to puff away.

"Or I was. I'm a bit between employers as it is now."

@Crow

Oh this girl! She-Hulk didn't remember her name but she recognized the costume. "I remember you! You were at the Christmas party weren't you? Would've liked meeting again under happier circumstances."

And she was breaking the 4th-wall too it seems. She-Hulk did that back in the day too, but the writer's not sure if he's going to do anything with it.

"So what we got is a decapitation possibly done by a flame sword. To add to the clues one of the killers seems to have a flair for the dramatic. I mean a poem? Who does that?"

@C.T. @Atomyk @Others
"Ah ha! The Sensational She-Hulk, I knew it was you! My favorite gamma-irradiated green lawyer...well I think you're the only one of those I know but still my favorite. And yeah I was and yeah same! Murders aren't exactly the best reunion times unless it's like a funeral and you meet and you find a way to honor the deceased...speaking of which..." Gwen nervously chuckled. "Is Hank Pym alive in your dimension, by chance? Just curious." She explained.

"And ahhhhhhhh." She looked over at the flame sword on her back and just whistled super nonchalantly. "Yeah I dunno who could have done this completely nefarious deed. Poems. Ugh. Painful to the max."

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Reactions: Chris Lang

MXmA5gZ.png

"According to what Djeeta said, among her and Meteo's group, Mabel provided food items with various unnatural effects, which included gender alteration, love-at-first-sight, cowardice enhancement, and of course - constant rhyming."

Gran looks around to see if anyone has flinched. He then looks at Aran and nods, hoping he got the message.

"Before I point fingers, I want to ask Mabel about who acquired which food items." Gran then coughs a little as he ponders. "According to Djeeta, among the group are Zinnia and her pink friend, Kirby, Shinobu, Ararararararagi, Hatchin, Hideo and Wiruko, RGB, and of course, Meteo himself and Djeeta herself. Mabel, am I missing anyone who accompanied you down the Mine Shaft into the laboratory?"

@Atomyk @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Hospes @investigaton​

ksyGtDN.jpg

"Uhh.. Hm..." Who all had been in the labs with her? She had been a little distracted by Gwen's antics, so it wasn't like she had paid all that much attention. "...Bro bros?" she spoke, glancing at the small Dipper clones on her shoulders. Four couldn't help but sigh, but Three didn't seem to mind obliging.

"...I think you're missing Clarence, the Samurai dude, and... the really weird skeleton guy. Jack and Sans were their names, I think," the boy listed off. Then something seemed to hit him, and he seemed slightly nervous. "...And their was that... 'Gwen Poole' girl. I think she might be a littleeee crazy." At this, it seemed Mabel felt the need to interject.

"Haha, nahh. She's totally cool."

dipper_pines_clone_number_3_icon_by_spongyicebear-d9swp7w.gif

"...Yeah, sure, Mabel."

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @The Silver Paladin @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Investigators​

ksyGtDN.jpg

"Uhh.. Hm..." Who all had been in the labs with her? She had been a little distracted by Gwen's antics, so it wasn't like she had paid all that much attention. "...Bro bros?" she spoke, glancing at the small Dipper clones on her shoulders. Four couldn't help but sigh, but Three didn't seem to mind obliging.

"...I think you're missing Clarence, the Samurai dude, and... the really weird skeleton guy. Jack and Sans were their names, I think," the boy listed off. Then something seemed to hit him, and he seemed slightly nervous. "...And their was that... 'Gwen Poole' girl. I think she might be a littleeee crazy." At this, it seemed Mabel felt the need to interject.

"Haha, nahh. She's totally cool."

dipper_pines_clone_number_3_icon_by_spongyicebear-d9swp7w.gif

"...Yeah, sure, Mabel."

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @The Silver Paladin @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Investigators​
VCtPbkH.png

pOpvEGe.png

Fs08qFv.png

XxjfDnk.png

MXmA5gZ.png

Aran looked to the knight, Gran, was it? Hmm,he could make a fine sidekick too! That, or a really cool cyborg. No true murder mystery was worth its salt without one of those.

"Aha! I get what you're saying, lad. "Whoever rhymed must be who wrote us that note!" He tapped his chin. "I wouldn't want to be stuck rhyming all the time, really. Unless of course it meant limericks-oh, I love those, I do! Ahahahaha!"

@Crow @Hospes @LAB FOLK

VCtPbkH.png

pOpvEGe.png

Fs08qFv.png

XxjfDnk.png

MXmA5gZ.png

ccmm0W2.gif

"Are you trying to pick a fight? How do you mispronounce my name that much? I know you can't stutter that much!" Koyomi grumbled to Gran in a less than subtle manner, before clearing his throat and getting back on track.

Hopefully, he wasn't gonna "accidentally" bite his tongue any time soon.

nmg072.png

"Shinobu-chan and I were indeed down at the Mine Shaft with those other people, but we didn't take any of those pocket taco things, if that matters," Koyomi clarified, "Anyway, of those people, it would seem that, as far as I know, Djeeta, Jack, and Gwen Poole are the only ones from that area who are skilled enough with swords to make a clean decapitation like that. So we've managed to narrow it down a bit. At least, I hope one of them is the culprit, but... Should where the person was at the time be a defining factor? After all, it could have been done by someone who had been hanging out elsewhere, and they managed to sneak in while we weren't looking. Just a hypothesis, but perhaps it should be considered."

nmg119.png

"I must add that the reason why I did not accept those barbaric tacos that Djeeta went ahead and consumed was because the only human food worth consuming is donuts. That's how it has always been, and that is how it will always be."

@Crow @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Investigation

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

Meteo eventually came out of the cornfield, upon a dirt pathway as in the distance, a lantern light approached revealing someone welcoming.

It was Max.

A friendly face at least in the shadows made things better, but there was still the disquieting nature of this world.

A full moon shone, its blue light illuminating all around them in its glow. Bright and ensuring both could see down the pathway, anything coming for them within reasonable distance.

The same could not be said for the field all around them.

@york @Bomb
"You..." Meteo said upon arriving upon Max. "You're in hell too?"

In his mind, the thought of his parents being here is much more greater, since Meteo saw Max's dead body, and if Max's... whatever is here, then...

I have to keep looking...

@york @Ringmaster

tumblr_o38jicew5f1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Rhyming all of the time is pretty weird and stuff, but Wiruko got used to even though it's rough."

Oblivious Wiruko is oblivious. Carry on.

@shitpost @investigation​

Reactions: Chris Lang

ccmm0W2.gif

"Are you trying to pick a fight? How do you mispronounce my name that much? I know you can't stutter that much!" Koyomi grumbled to Gran in a less than subtle manner, before clearing his throat and getting back on track.

Hopefully, he wasn't gonna "accidentally" bite his tongue any time soon.

nmg072.png

"Shinobu-chan and I were indeed down at the Mine Shaft with those other people, but we didn't take any of those pocket taco things, if that matters," Koyomi clarified, "Anyway, of those people, it would seem that, as far as I know, Djeeta, Jack, and Gwen Poole are the only ones from that area who are skilled enough with swords to make a clean decapitation like that. So we've managed to narrow it down a bit. At least, I hope one of them is the culprit, but... Should where the person was at the time be a defining factor? After all, it could have been done by someone who had been hanging out elsewhere, and they managed to sneak in while we weren't looking. Just a hypothesis, but perhaps it should be considered."

nmg119.png

"I must add that the reason why I did not accept those barbaric tacos that Djeeta went ahead and consumed was because the only human food worth consuming is donuts. That's how it has always been, and that is how it will always be."

@Crow @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Investigation

qAunpKQ.png

"Sorry, I bit my tongue. Don't take it too hard," Gran apologises. "Anyways, we've eliminated one possibility I guess... and so my friend is a suspect huh... well, Jack's hands appear larger and more masculine in nature, both Gwen Poole's and Djeeta's hands are glove-covered and feminine in nature... maybe something can be done regarding these traits-"​

tumblr_o38jicew5f1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Rhyming all of the time is pretty weird and stuff, but Wiruko got used to even though it's rough."

Oblivious Wiruko is oblivious. Carry on.

@shitpost @investigation​

"-did anyone hear that? Because I certainly did. Mabel, do you still have the food items? Also, does anyone remember the exact words of the poem?"

@Crow @Verite @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Investigation

qAunpKQ.png

"Sorry, I bit my tongue. Don't take it too hard," Gran apologises. "Anyways, we've eliminated one possibility I guess... and so my friend is a suspect huh... well, Jack's hands appear larger and more masculine in nature, both Gwen Poole's and Djeeta's hands are glove-covered and feminine in nature... maybe something can be done regarding these traits-"​

"-did anyone hear that? Because I certainly did. Mabel, do you still have the food items? Also, does anyone remember the exact words of the poem?"

@Crow @Verite @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Investigation
Aran looked at Wiruko suspicuiously, before remembering his prior accusations. A huge grin broke out on his face. "I remember it! Hahaha! It was like: Another victim for my feast is sleeping with the dead. Think carefully on where you walk, before you lose your head. I See all, an angel of death judging who to save. You'll find the body in the place before that final grave. 154. Now, isn't there someone here who has the purpose of eating things? Like, oh perhaps...DATA?!?!"

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @EVERYONE

The flaming sword would cauterize the wound as it was cut, but the cut would not look as clean or precise as the cut that decapitated Meteo. It seemed likely that Meteo was not killed with a flaming sword.

With that in mind, a look at other nearby blades would reveal a faintly glowing scalpel...

@Ringmaster @Crow @Investigation

qAunpKQ.png

Aran looked at Wiruko suspicuiously, before remembering his prior accusations. A huge grin broke out on his face. "I remember it! Hahaha! It was like: Another victim for my feast is sleeping with the dead. Think carefully on where you walk, before you lose your head. I See all, an angel of death judging who to save. You'll find the body in the place before that final grave. 154. Now, isn't there someone here who has the purpose of eating things? Like, oh perhaps...DATA?!?!"

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @EVERYONE
tumblr_o6cyoukQN31v3qowuo5_100.png

"What!? Wiruko wouldn't ever think of doing that! Wiruko doesn't do bad things like that in her quota... because all Wiruko wants is data! If Wiruko went to hurt someone bad, then Wiruko would be in a no data fad, because all sorts of people make data as they stand. B-Besides... Wiruko saw Meteo as a friend... and Wiruko wouldn't ever make a friend's life end..."

The virus didn't like where this was going, having a child-like mentality before hugging her sleeping Catsune for comfort.

tumblr_o78bmlQViP1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... just take a deep breath, Wiruko. I don't think panicking is going to make this any better."

@Crow @Yun Lee @investigation​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Status
Not open for further replies.