Status
Not open for further replies.
"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!" Aran glared at everyone accusing him, unable to believe what he was hearing. Were they seriously falling for this?!

"Look! I know it looks bad for me, but let me raise a few key points here! First off: Doesn't it seem a wee bit too opportune? Think about it! If I had really wanted to kill someone, and had gotten someone else to do it, do you think that I would get a Manotaur to do my dirty work, especially when everyone who went to the caves knew I was their champion? No, a smart man would cover up his tracks best he could if that were the case! I've been telling you from the start, this whole thing is an obvious frame up, and all of you are too set on the idea that a Manotaur did it to even consider that the killer themselves could have used a Staff of Illusions or Catsune to fake the precense of a Manotaur while the forgers made it look like Max wasn't held down!

"Besides that, there is the fact that Manotaurs don't notice girls! Why would one kill a girl if they don't even exist in their eyes? And adding to that, why would a Manotaur bother drowning something when they could beat it to death and show off their strengrh? Drowning is right up with poisoning for very cowardly ways to kill, and no man worth his salt would ever bother! Myself included-if someone is drowned or poisoned, know Aran Ryan wouldn't do it!"

"Finally, Hideo has reasons to be suspected! He knows what physical attributes Manotaurs have, he knows that I was their champion, and he has both a Staff of Illusions and a Catsune! I swear on my gloves that I didn't do this, and I'd like you all to recant your votes before you let an obvious killer get away!"
tumblr_o6896pNpBt1v3qowuo3_100.png

"But wouldn't that be too convenient as well? Thinking of me as the culprit? It may seem obvious, but that isn't the only possibility out there... now is it?"

As Wiruko was occupied by adorable cat and dog videos, Hideo gave this one comment over to Aran, his serious stare and tone slowly showing up again.​

tumblr_o6896pNpBt1v3qowuo3_100.png

"But wouldn't that be too convenient as well? Thinking of me as the culprit? It may seem obvious, but that isn't the only possibility out there... now is it?"

As Wiruko was occupied by adorable cat and dog videos, Hideo gave this one comment over to Aran, his serious stare and tone slowly showing up again.​
Aran pointed at Hideo. "Look! He gets so serious each time his name is even said! I know tells when I see em, how is no one else catching it?!'

"Unfortunately we can not ascertain if drugs were used with the resources available to us," said Lalonde, turning to Ford for confirmation.

"Right, something like that was not on our priority list! However, this is the only theory proposed thus far, and it is a possible one!"

@Investigation

Meanwhile, Dipper popped out of Mabel's sweater, looking at RGB with some fear and hesitation. "Uhh..." The boy shook his tiny head quickly. "No, We're-- I'm normally, like, tall! Really really tall! Huge, even! An inch taller than Mabel, I swear!"

@Lissamel @Hospes
tumblr_inline_nczn7l4eCw1sk47ji.png

"...I hope you're right," Mabel finally spoke again in response to RGB's estimate, her features still solemn and worried. She'd give anything to hug her brother right now... Even in her saddened state, though, she managed a very weak grin at the shrunken child's comment. "Haha, you're a horrible liar, bro-bro. I'm taller than you all the time," she stated, though the words lacked her typical enthusiasm. Normally, this would've been accentuated with a playful punch to the shoulder, butttt even she realized that that wasn't a good idea in his state.

@Lissamel @Atomyk
1z4iaog.png

"Oh, I'm sure," He remarked in response to the boy's comment, his tone quite obviously teasing. Ah, childish overcompensation--That he understood how to work with. He could even sympathize, he was rather short for a telly-headed monster. Mabel's quiet believing of his reassurances also helped RGB's smile to grow, glad to be in more cheerful spirits then doing investigative and morgue-work.

Between a dead body and a finicky child, RGB would pick the child any day.

He was about to open his mouth and spout probably more faux-philosophical things to lift spirits, but their conversation seemed to gain a third angle.
If anything, Roman was not offended or seemingly scared or angry unlike those who had been voted, with exceptions. The golden guy for example seemed to be cool even when accused and really, Roman had nothing to hide. It was all about the principle of the thing and information. The more he knew, the more his chances of survival would come out for him. Which was why, despite his dislike of kids in general, Roman would find himself next to Mabel and the others with her, as he puffed away at his cigar and raised an eyebrow, gesturing towards Dipper as he asked bluntly.

"So whats with him then?"

@Lissamel @Atomyk @Hospes

Oh, hey - it was the dream guy who she'd woken up in the arms of earlier. Granted, that didn't really make Mabel feel any better, in the moment.

ldvysRK.jpg

"Just, y'know... Super weird shrinky crystal things," she answered through a sigh, her fleeting smile seeming to have mostly faded away. "We can fix it, though. We have before." Or, well - Dipper had. Mabel hadn't exactly been very useful for that. In any case, it was a darn good thing that Gideon was in jail and couldn't try to take advantage of it.

@Lissamel @Atomyk @Ringmaster
"......"

Huh. He looked at Dipper carefully and raised an eyebrow before musing.

"Don't suppose you know where I can get some?"

Imagining gold deposits shrunk and stowed away in his pocket was ringing all sorts of bells for the thief, even as he ignored the air of encroaching violence behind him as a whole.​
Weird shrinky crystal things? Although RGB refused to let his smile fall, that didn't stop it from wobbling a bit.

"Wait, wait. Excuse me. Things like that just...Exist here?"

Things like that didn't even exist in RGB's domain. What else could be just existing here? Living waxworks? Beasts made of candy? Haunted video games? Love potions? Dream demons? Okay, the last one was of no concern, RGB did not dream, but still! The gnome was one thing, but the places the monster's imagination was leading him to...Well, if he saw it on a children's show, he'd deem it preposterous schlock.

Murder and magic. The things he got himself into. He'd have to tell everyone about this place.

"But regardless," RGB waved a hand as though to dispel his own thoughts, "If you need assistance in the matter of...This...I suppose I could lend services. This way, if you fear our villain coming after you too, you needn't fear. Who would attack a monster?"

...Okay, a lot of things would, but when did a lie ever hurt anyone? Just don't let it grow, that was all.

[ @Hospes @Atomyk @Ringmaster ]​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Aran pointed at Hideo. "Look! He gets so serious each time his name is even said! I know tells when I see em, how is no one else catching it?!'
tumblr_o78cbhIpK51v3qowuo8_100.png

"Guess Master is trying to step it up from loser status!"

Wiruko giggled at the thought of that, and couldn't help but say this. Hideo only groaned when Wiruko mentioned something about that "loser" stuff again.​

tumblr_o78cbhIpK51v3qowuo8_100.png

"Guess Master is trying to step it up from loser status!"

Wiruko giggled at the thought of that, and couldn't help but say this. Hideo only groaned when Wiruko mentioned something about that "loser" stuff again.​
"I'd prefer an answer from your Master, lass. Hideo, every single time anyone makes any mention of you, you lose your cool. Why is that? I wouldn't think nothing of it unless you were hiding something.

@Gummi Bunnies @CruchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Archmage Jeremiah @Bomb @anyoneelse

"I'd prefer an answer from your Master, lass. Hideo, every single time anyone makes any mention of you, you lose your cool. Why is that? I wouldn't think nothing of it unless you were hiding something.

@Gummi Bunnies @CruchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Archmage Jeremiah @Bomb @anyoneelse
tumblr_o3a6g8uwDE1v3qowuo8_100.png

" ... This isn't the first time I've gotten myself into this situation, and to put it in shorter terms... I just have the terrible timing and luck to be even thought up to be involved in any crimes... To you, I probably look like the perfect murderer, but lots of people mistakened me for that. And if you think I'm hiding something, I'm not. I simply have nothing to share other than... being a loser with having the only worth of talking and intimidating people..."

Hideo sighed, and explained why he was so serious about this investigation other than the fact that he knew this was serious situation.

@Yun Lee

LeShawna seemed undetermined with how to go with this. She thought it would be best just to sit back and see where people will go with their arguments...though she may come up with one of her own if the time comes for it.

Golgo stayed in the circle of accusations being pointed at Aran. Golgo knew one thing that only him and Aran actually knew: Motive. Aran had no motive to kill Max, not even meeting her. Aran had no motive whatsoever to kill Max out in the blue, but if Aran was the killing type, it would be more than likely that Golgo himself would have been the one to be killed from Aran's hands. Aran fought with Golgo, won the battle against Golgo, and even mocked Golgo.

Unfortunately for Aran though, Golgo was a mercenary: Shooter or killer, sure, information gatherer, yes, investigator? More so as well. For Aran, the favours pointed terribly, but the kind of information Golgo kept wouldn't be told without some sort of payment either way, as he popped a cigarette in his mouth, lit it and took a slow burn from it.

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_o3a6g8uwDE1v3qowuo8_100.png

" ... This isn't the first time I've gotten myself into this situation, and to put it in shorter terms... I just have the terrible timing and luck to be even thought up to be involved in any crimes... To you, I probably look like the perfect murderer, but lots of people mistakened me for that. And if you think I'm hiding something, I'm not. I simply have nothing to share other than... being a loser with having the only worth of talking and intimidating people..."

Hideo sighed, and explained why he was so serious about this investigation other than the fact that he knew this was serious situation.

@Yun Lee
Aran shrugged. "I'm guessing I won't be getting any more out of you, lad." He shook his head. "To think I lent you my banjo."

Aran then turned to everyone. "There you have it. I still think Hideo is our man, and I'm sure he still thinks the same of me. As you all heard, I refuted the "Aran got aManotaur to kill a total stranger" theory-twice, even, if anyone bothered to listen-and I have absolutely nothing to hide! Any questions you have for me, I will gladly answer, just as long as you don't vote for me. Do you really want TWO non-murders dying today?"

Kirby hadn't been paying attention really to the investigation, but had heard enough to believe that Aran was the culprit, the fact he was so defensive didn't help him any as well.

@Anyone
@Atomyk

@Bomb @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @etcetcetc

XxjfDnk.webp

"I'm just glad..." Djeeta rises after hearing Meteo's choice. "Well, I guess I'll vote too! Eh? What's cooking anyways?"

MXmA5gZ.jpg

"It's alright Djeeta. The moment of truth will come soon. It is only then where we will find our answer.

@Bomb @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @etcetcetc​

Lincoln wasn't sure what to make of everything and he looked at the ground trying to see if he had many a bad guess. Hopefully he could figure things out soon too.

Tommy watched as Oliver made a noise, as he thought about how strange everyone was blaming Aran. Perhaps the fact he had already died, dying again wasn't something he felt bad about at all. He wondered if the familiar would die with him.

@ Anyone who wants to talk

Last edited:
Aran knew he was innocent, and he honestly had no idea why everyone was so fooled by the obviously faked evidence against him. Maybe his dream had decided to turn everyone against him? He was trying his hardezt to refute everything, but Hideo, who he was certain was an evil mastermind, had them all fooled. "Loser"...ha!

Aran stuck his hands in his pockets. He didn't even get to find his boxing gloves.

grim_adventures_of_billy_and_mandy_008_49928.jpg

"That's because you're accusing him of murder, dumbbell. We're doing the same to you, and you're acting the exact same way," Mandy pointed out, striking with her cold logic once more, "People tend ta turn defensive when dey're bein' accused a murder, dontcha know." Grim added, "And don't try to pull the 'complete strangers' card, either. We're all strangers here. Motives to kill aren't always emotional." she continued; her words visibly worrying her undead partner, "Are you suggestin' dere's an outside force pullin' de strings here?"

"Oh, don't ask me..."

4b1.gif

"Ask them."

Grim stood there in confusion for awhile, scratching his head while he watched Mandy stare past everyone gathered, and into the abyss,

"...Erm...who, exactly?"

"They know who they are."

"...Ohhhh...you're talkin' about...dem?" Grim inquired, pointing and squinting in the same direction Mandy was staring.

"Yes, Grim. Them."

"No, no, dey wouldn't be dat cruel, would dey? They've given us all our powers, all our artifacts, all our extra lives! They wouldn't take all dose away!"

"Oh, but haven't they already? Think about it. Your scythe, your magic...poof." Mandy made a magic gesture with her hands towards a now mortified Grim, "Gone. The hand that giveth, taketh away." Mandy finished poetically, gesturing towards Max's body, "By Nergal's nasty pits, we're all goin' ta die!" Grim screamed, unleashing a bloodcurdling wail of fear that was cut short by Mandy holding her hand over his mouth, "Not quite." She reeled her hand back after she was sure Grim wouldn't keep screaming, "How do you suppose we only found four clues concerning Max's murder, hm? And how a mysterious masked man appeared out of nowhere to tell us that just one of them was fake? On top of all that, we all believed him. Why do you think that is, Grim?"

Grim took a few long moments to ponder on the question, before snapping his fingers as he came to an epiphany, "This is...all just a game!" Mandy nodded, "Precisely. It's all one big murder mystery game. Our powers; and items of power; were taken away to ensure we didn't cheat and get too far ahead at the start." Grim lunged forward and wrap Mandy up in his arms, with Mandy looking very uncomfortable as a result, unsurprisingly, "Mandy my girl, you're a genius!" The blonde firmly removed herself from the Reaper's bony grasp and dusted herself off, "I know. But don't get ahead of yourself; we still need to win the game to ensure we make it back to Endsville in one piece."

"D'oh, right, heheh..." Grim admitted, rubbing the back of his head with a meek smile.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation​

" A Murder game," Tommy said, repating what Mandy had said as he felt the term applied to what the other girl had said and that was the word that applied to the situation and what the others had called it. Everything did seem to fit perfectly, except one thing bugged him. Why him? Why drag a
dead man
into a game? It didn't make any sense, but then again neither did some other things in his life. " Hmm, but what happens if we don't find the traitors?"

" I rather not think about that now," Lincoln simply replied.

@People awake and about

grim_adventures_of_billy_and_mandy_008_49928.jpg

"That's because you're accusing him of murder, dumbbell. We're doing the same to you, and you're acting the exact same way," Mandy pointed out, striking with her cold logic once more, "People tend ta turn defensive when dey're bein' accused a murder, dontcha know." Grim added, "And don't try to pull the 'complete strangers' card, either. We're all strangers here. Motives to kill aren't always emotional." she continued; her words visibly worrying her undead partner, "Are you suggestin' dere's an outside force pullin' de strings here?"

"Oh, don't ask me..."

4b1.gif

"Ask them."

Grim stood there in confusion for awhile, scratching his head while he watched Mandy stare past everyone gathered, and into the abyss,

"...Erm...who, exactly?"

"They know who they are."

"...Ohhhh...you're talkin' about...dem?" Grim inquired, pointing and squinting in the same direction Mandy was staring.

"Yes, Grim. Them."

"No, no, dey wouldn't be dat cruel, would dey? They've given us all our powers, all our artifacts, all our extra lives! They wouldn't take all dose away!"

"Oh, but haven't they already? Think about it. Your scythe, your magic...poof." Mandy made a magic gesture with her hands towards a now mortified Grim, "Gone. The hand that giveth, taketh away." Mandy finished poetically, gesturing towards Max's body, "By Nergal's nasty pits, we're all goin' ta die!" Grim screamed, unleashing a bloodcurdling wail of fear that was cut short by Mandy holding her hand over his mouth, "Not quite." She reeled her hand back after she was sure Grim wouldn't keep screaming, "How do you suppose we only found four clues concerning Max's murder, hm? And how a mysterious masked man appeared out of nowhere to tell us that just one of them was fake? On top of all that, we all believed him. Why do you think that is, Grim?"

Grim took a few long moments to ponder on the question, before snapping his fingers as he came to an epiphany, "This is...all just a game!" Mandy nodded, "Precisely. It's all one big murder mystery game. Our powers; and items of power; were taken away to ensure we didn't cheat and get too far ahead at the start." Grim lunged forward and wrap Mandy up in his arms, with Mandy looking very uncomfortable as a result, unsurprisingly, "Mandy my girl, you're a genius!" The blonde firmly removed herself from the Reaper's bony grasp and dusted herself off, "I know. But don't get ahead of yourself; we still need to win the game to ensure we make it back to Endsville in one piece."

"D'oh, right, heheh..." Grim admitted, rubbing the back of his head with a meek smile.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation​
Aran rolled his eyes. "I only get angry because no one is listening to the points I'm making! Either that, or you're all just choosing to ignore them." He shrugged. "Whatever! I have nothing to hide! If you all want to throw away your votes and convict someone who didn't do it, then by all means, vote for me! The sooner this dream ends, the sooner I can get away from all of you morons!" He shook his head. "It's so obviously a set up, how do none of you see it?"

Aran rolled his eyes. "I only get angry because no one is listening to the points I'm making! Either that, or you're all just choosing to ignore them." He shrugged. "Whatever! I have nothing to hide! If you all want to throw away your votes and convict someone who didn't do it, then by all means, vote for me! The sooner this dream ends, the sooner I can get away from all of you morons!" He shook his head. "It's so obviously a set up, how do none of you see it?"

"Look on the bright side! We know where to look next time if you're innocent. Me I'm going to vote for Hideo. The way he talks about getting voted feels...off. But that's just me."

"Look on the bright side! We know where to look next time if you're innocent. Me I'm going to vote for Hideo. The way he talks about getting voted feels...off. But that's just me."
Aran grinned as someone voted for Hideo besides himself. Smart lady, this green one was. "Ha! Glad to see someone here can look at the facts, rather than blindly vote like a sheep!"

After casting his vote for awhile inigo fell silent and listened in on the fighting. It was around that time that Lon'qu approached Inigo and whispered something to him.

"That seems like a stretch Lon'qu..."

"Stranger things have happened in this type of game..."

Er... If I could get everyone's attention please. Lon'qu's been thinking about this for awhile but wasn't Max with us in the forest...? The group I was with also had one of those cat things so Lon'qu thinks that perhaps the tracks themselves are fake meant to lead us to suspect either Hideo or Aran. After all how could either of them get to Max when we were so far apart...?" Inigo spoke while taking his and Lon'qu's vote off of Aran...

"It would take some outside force to even allow either of them the kill..."

@EveyoneBlehJustAThoughtIHad...

Last edited:
After casting his vote for awhile inigo fell silent and listened in on the fighting. It was around that time that Lon'qu approached Iningo and whispered something to him.

"That seems like a stretch Lon'qu..."

"Stranger things have happened in this type of game..."

Er... If I could get everyone's attention please. Lon'qu's been thinking about this for awhile but wasn't Max with us in the forest...? The group I was with also had one of those cat things so Lon'qu thinks that perhaps the tracks themselves are fake meant to lead us to suspect either Hideo or Aran. After all how could either of them get to Max when we were so far apart...?" Inigo spoke while taking his and Lon'qu's vote off of Aran...

"It would take some outside force to even allow either of them the kill..."

@EveyoneBlehJustAThoughtIHad...
Aran raised an eyebrow, on one hand happy to have someone reconsidering him as a killer, but on the other, something about this seemed...off. "Good points lads, but something seems off: did anyone in the forest run into a Manotaur? I don't think a cat thing can change into something it doesn't know exists-unless...maybe someone from the forest was working with someone from the caves!"

Status
Not open for further replies.