• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking back toward Reds location where the cat poster was, hoistering the rifle in his arms as if it was a child. "As long as it is not a black cat, then the superstition is fine." He would try and peek over Bayonetta, looking at the wall. "I would also suppose it would be a nice time to say a proper introduction. My name is Joshua Graham. And yours, ma'am?" Still peeking over her shoulder, he also looked over his own in case of more guards coming in. "

@Chris Lang @Verite @ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @Mari
tumblr_n104gf7yo51qcm0i5o5_250.gif

"I am Cereza," Bayonetta said in return, "it is a pleasure to meet you, dear."

Well, even though you couldn't exactly ascertain how the building was broken (maybe someone fell out and became one with the pavement), there didn't seem to be anything especially out of the ordinary about the window itself, though if you'd look outside, you'd see a Riddler Trophy on the ledge! Well, nifty. If you wanna get it, you'll have to pray that you're nimble on your feet, or else you might become one with the pavement too. Or you could find some way to fly over there. Whatever works, Red.

Meanwhile, the guard would be knocked down, falling onto the rest of his allies behind him, delaying them for a bit as you got further up the stairs. They were significantly further away now, but still hot on your trail, and would continue firing at you, bullets aimed to kill as you would continue to attempt your way up the Powers Technology Headquarters stairs!

@Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician

Behind the poster, Bayonetta would find a sort of keypad lodged into the wall! Interesting find there.

phoneKeyboard.png

Before anything would appear though, it seemed that the keypad was waiting for a five-digit answer. Below, some text would appear on the small terminal, perhaps a hint:

What is the wood elf's favorite food?

Well, at least that could only mean that the answer could be letters and not numbers. Happy guessing. Maybe someone else might know if you don't? Like Joshua.

@Mari @ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles
"Now I haven't the bloodiest idea what a wood elf's favorite food is," Bayonetta said as the terminal was exposed after she tore down the poster of the cat. "Do any of you know what a wood elf is, much less its favorite food?" She looked towards Legolas, knowing he was an elf, and he might possibly know what this answer was, though Joshua was already taking a stab at it.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @Verite

"Now I haven't the bloodiest idea what a wood elf's favorite food is," Bayonetta said as the terminal was exposed after she tore down the poster of the cat. "Do any of you know what a wood elf is, much less its favorite food?" She looked towards Legolas, knowing he was an elf, and he might possibly know what this answer was, though Joshua was already taking a stab at it.

He would extend his hand toward her in a respectful greeting, in doing so, he would nod his head. "It is a pleasure meeting such a beautiful woman of your statue, and nevertheless praise worthy in combat, lest His light fail Us."

He would extend his hand toward her in a respectful greeting, in doing so, he would nod his head. "It is a pleasure meeting such a beautiful woman of your statue, and nevertheless praise worthy in combat, lest His light fail Us."
Bayonetta looked at Joshua and gave him a smile. A satisfied smile, at that.

jpg

"My, you do know how to flatter a lady, don't you, my dear Joshua? I shall have to keep an eye on you, figuratively and literally." She then looked at the keypad and waited to see if the combination of numbers Joshua had entered would work, and if it would reveal or expose anything afterward. "Hopefully your ability to guess passcodes is as smooth as your talk."

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Verite @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang @Gummi Bunnies

Bayonetta looked at Joshua and gave him a smile. A satisfied smile, at that.

jpg

"My, you do know how to flatter a lady, don't you, my dear Joshua? I shall have to keep an eye on you, figuratively and literally." She then looked at the keypad and waited to see if the combination of numbers Joshua had entered would work, and if it would reveal or expose anything afterward. "Hopefully your ability to guess passcodes is as smooth as your talk."

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Verite @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang @Gummi Bunnies
Under the cover of his own bandages did a smile came in return. Albeit it be under, the faint movement of bandages would suggest that he was smiling. "I do my best, to please a lady." In response to her question. "Yes it would be understandable. I've had an encounter with an arrogant mercenary back at the camp. A Felix, I believe so. I have no word of what happened to him, so he must have been one of the traitors. Watchful eyes prevent deathly looks... And beauty escaping." Joshua go back to being mean' "I have no knowledge if it is the correct code, but if be so, then I would be more than glad." He would chuckle at the small remark Cereza would make, "Aslong as the talk goes to you, it'd be fine." lowering his hand

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Verite @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang @Gummi Bunnies[/USER
[USER=13906]@Mari
[/user]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Mari
Under the cover of his own bandages did a smile came in return. Albeit it be under, the faint movement of bandages would suggest that he was smiling. "I do my best, to please a lady." In response to her question. "Yes it would be understandable. I've had an encounter with an arrogant mercenary back at the camp. A Felix, I believe so. I have no word of what happened to him, so he must have been one of the traitors. Watchful eyes prevent deathly looks... And beauty escaping." Joshua go back to being mean' "I have no knowledge if it is the correct code, but if be so, then I would be more than glad." He would chuckle at the small remark Cereza would make, "Aslong as the talk goes to you, it'd be fine." lowering his hand

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Verite @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang @Gummi Bunnies[/USER
[USER=13906]@Mari
[/user]
Now Bayonetta was getting even more intrigued by the masked by bandages Joshua. "I may have to see for myself how you truly would please a lady, my dear Joshua," she remarked, "though, flattery of me aside, I am quite curious as to the face behind the mask. The man under those bandages. If I could die of curiosity, I might already be at my grave."

news_gamersyde_preview_bayonetta_2-15825.jpg

Bayonetta then closed her eyes, trying to imagine what man's face would be under those bandages.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @Proxymoron

"I..."

Max made a weak attempt at answering after a few moments, her voice quiet and timid even beyond the norm. The internal gears in her mind were churning and grinding away, trying to process the conversation she was having right now, but... After all the shit she'd seen, New York destroyed, alien invasions, deranged cultists, vans that fit a ridiculous amount of people inside... this, by far, was the most stunning, the most surreal. Just a conversation to redefine the relationship she had with someone she'd known her whole life. No big deal.

'Uh............'

Her internal monologue wasn't even functioning properly. That was how she knew she was in deep. She should've said something, anything. She knew she should've. Going zombie-mode like this was just going to give Chloe the wrong idea, but... her brain couldn't really form the words. How did she respond? Who would've thought a simple, casual convo with her best friend would've turned into such a dilemma? Her throat was dry. Her stomach was in knots. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears, as if pumping blood through the body faster was in any way going to help her deal with this. She guessed it all did boil down to the same thing, though; fight or flight? Did she face this head-on, or did she back the fuck off? Did she requite, or did she try to let her down gently? There was no question she felt something for Chloe, a bond that ran way deeper than anything else in her life. She just... never really thought about pursuing it that way. It never seemed like an option. Until now, at least.

Fuck. She'd been staring with the same vacant expression and blank doe-eyes for at least thirty seconds now. She had to say something, and she had to say it now. She cleared her throat and made eye contact again, choosing her words carefully before they were spoken.

"C-"

That was when Jon made himself known, and Max had quite possibly never been more grateful towards someone in her life. This was a lousy place and a lousy time to talk about something like this, they weren't even alone. They could get into this when they were someplace more private doing something less urgent. Max breathed out a slow sigh of relief, her face exceedingly red, and shot an amused glance over at Jon, forcing a small smile that just didn't have her usual heart in it.

"The addiction begins. In case you're wondering, it's the nicotine - the thing making you want another puff of the shit that set your trachea on fire earlier."

She noted Crusader taking a seat next to them as well, offering her a faintly embarrassed wave in greeting. She had noticed her listening.

"Hi, Crus. Oh, and, um, Jon? About your sister, I... I'm really sorry. I'm an only child, so it might be tough for me to relate, but if anything like that happened to Chloe... I don't know what I'd do. Like I said before, if you need the skinny chicken arms of the retcon queen to help get her back... they're yours. No questions asked."

@TheBlueBurch @Jeremi @Krieg

"I have a feeling that you just love my luster, guess I'm not that opaque to look through anymore," Lapis said as she didn't seem to mind the whole gem puns at this point. She didn't even mind the whole kitten group they had, as long as her crystallized nose would keep her from sneezing.

In serious thoughts as they headed for the Powers Technology Building, Lapis thought about the latest message from Makoti during the whole kitty scuffle. Those hints were vague, but were better than nothing. The first hint seemed to apply to almost everyone in this group, but the second one... it arose possibilities, but she didn't want to jump into conclusions just yet.

@The Tactician @Bomb @york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Verite
She arched an eyebrow slightly as as Abel just kind of ignored her threat. How rude. The only people who usually did that were... Oh. ugh. He was one of those

A protagonist e_e

Alice had fought enough protagonists to know that threats didn't usually effect them in the slightest, though the return banter was fairly disappointing this time. Very well, and she wasn't about to launch into an attack that could imbalance or wound an ally in the midst of their fight with Akibahara. She was content, so long as he and the little mongoloid (Gnar) did protect the cats (✿◡‿◡)

That said she was entirely not joking and if anything happened to the little ones she was going to take both of them and form a demon king-ancient yordle hybrid puppet (✿O‿O)

As things were though, she followed the others to the power plant, floating a bit off the ground as usual and honestly not very concerned with the men with guns, content to let the others handle this. She'd had more than enough of slaughtering hapless mortals for one day, it was not nearly as satisfying as it was supposed to be for a demon like her

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Verite @Whoever else is with this now bigass group at the power company

Well, even though you couldn't exactly ascertain how the building was broken (maybe someone fell out and became one with the pavement), there didn't seem to be anything especially out of the ordinary about the window itself, though if you'd look outside, you'd see a Riddler Trophy on the ledge! Well, nifty. If you wanna get it, you'll have to pray that you're nimble on your feet, or else you might become one with the pavement too. Or you could find some way to fly over there. Whatever works, Red.

Meanwhile, the guard would be knocked down, falling onto the rest of his allies behind him, delaying them for a bit as you got further up the stairs. They were significantly further away now, but still hot on your trail, and would continue firing at you, bullets aimed to kill as you would continue to attempt your way up the Powers Technology Headquarters stairs!

Behind the poster, Bayonetta would find a sort of keypad lodged into the wall! Interesting find there.

phoneKeyboard.png

Before anything would appear though, it seemed that the keypad was waiting for a five-digit answer. Below, some text would appear on the small terminal, perhaps a hint:

Well, at least that could only mean that the answer could be letters and not numbers. Happy guessing. Maybe someone else might know if you don't? Like Joshua.

Oh boy. Looks it's time to shuffle around with his pokemon. Of course, he kept Espeon out, seeing that it would be safe to keep the psychic type around if the guards were to come in, but it wouldn't be help on getting the Riddler trophy. Surely if it was there, it must be important. Seeing no need, Red sent Venusaur back into it's pokeball, and immediately sent out Charizard. Better to be safe than sorry on this one, Red wasn't exactly wanting to fall off by accident. Hopping onto Charizard's back, the flying lizard pokemon lowered itself so Red could reach and grab the Riddler trophy.

-*-

"Move!" Lapis exclaimed to their group as they ascended up the stairs as fast as they could. In an attempt to slow down the guards behind them, Lapis let the others go ahead as she shot another guard, this time crystallizing the bullet into a sharp crystal needle going at bullet speed.

After that, she caught up with the group, staying near the back for cover fire.

~Lapis's "Glistening Cleaver" Ammo Status~
6 rounds loaded (80 rounds available for reload)

@Verite @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @ResistingTheEnlightened @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang @Mari @powers technology group​

Now Bayonetta was getting even more intrigued by the masked by bandages Joshua. "I may have to see for myself how you truly would please a lady, my dear Joshua," she remarked, "though, flattery of me aside, I am quite curious as to the face behind the mask. The man under those bandages. If I could die of curiosity, I might already be at my grave."

news_gamersyde_preview_bayonetta_2-15825.jpg

Bayonetta then closed her eyes, trying to imagine what man's face would be under those bandages.

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @Proxymoron
The smile that once kept upon his face turned into one of discontent. "My face.. My body.. I am not who I used to be. I was a man once. Once... It would be just a few years later that being a man caused me to fail in my own objective..?" He extended his arm, looking at the bandaged hand as he frowned. "I remember." Shaking his head, he pulled his hand back after tightening it for a second. "I would not know, but I believe if I showed you, you would be.. Discouraged and even.. Disgusted. Can you really, really accept that, Cereza?"

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @Proxymoron @Mari

It appeared Travis had jumped in to find the trophy, and Chloe and Max were having a private conversation. Kalifa realized that whatever the two friends were discussing was none of her business. Even covert agents like herself had to know when to respect others' privacy.

So she stood off to the side and took in the message they have been given a minute or so ago.
"Everyone, we have done a scan on Felix, and he is in fact innocent! Please don't confuse him with the previous iteration of Felix that was a traitor in a previous game!"

"... However, we also have some new developments. Though our systems are currently being assaulted, it would seem that an anonymous source has left clues within the data. Whether this source is the same as the one causing the disturbances is... unknown. There is a chance that these clues are meant to throw us off, but..."

"The first clue is that every traitor possesses a special ability of some sort. The second is that one traitor is more than they seem."

"I wish I could offer you more, everyone, but that's all I have for now. Good luck."[/CENTER]
"That's vague. Of course, Kaku and I have already been cleared, but that doesn't narrow it down too much." Kalifa remarked to anyone in the vicinity.

"One Traitor is more than they seem? That could mean anything. It could mean that strange robot whose Frenzy endangered everyone a while ago. It could also mean someone among us has some sort of secret." Kalifa paused.

"But that's still too vague. I'm tempted to say Nicki Minaj, because she's obviously out of place here, but maybe she's too obvious."

She then turned to address Jon Snow and the group. "Your sister is the one calling herself 'Mercy'? It seems that to say she's fallen in with a bad crowd would be an understatement."

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @TheBlueBurch @Josh M @Jeremi @Dock people

It appeared Travis had jumped in to find the trophy, and Chloe and Max were having a private conversation. Kalifa realized that whatever the two friends were discussing was none of her business. Even covert agents like herself had to know when to respect others' privacy.

So she stood off to the side and took in the message they have been given a minute or so ago.

"That's vague. Of course, Kaku and I have already been cleared, but that doesn't narrow it down too much." Kalifa remarked to anyone in the vicinity.

"One Traitor is more than they seem? That could mean anything. It could mean that strange robot whose Frenzy endangered everyone a while ago. It could also mean someone among us has some sort of secret." Kalifa paused.

"But that's still too vague. I'm tempted to say Nicki Minaj, because she's obviously out of place here, but maybe she's too obvious."

She then turned to address Jon Snow and the group. "Your sister is the one calling herself 'Mercy'? It seems that to say she's fallen in with a bad crowd would be an understatement."

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @TheBlueBurch @Josh M @Jeremi @Dock people
"Ah ha. At last, I found some people. Lemme tell ya, sauntering through an entire city and scouring building after building for any signs of life with heat signatures is a pretty boring thing. I spent a whole night after being dropped off and most of it was just unbelievably dull."

He deactivated his cloak, appearing in sight among them like his partner was fond of doing.

8c62d7469b65030c981e3a873b1b4cc8.jpg

"I hope you didn't miss me too much after all that. Dunno if the soul professional guy followed me even but we came down together. After that freaky shit back at HQ but eh. So...I'm innocent. Hate to say it, actually who am I kidding I love to say it, but told ya I'm innocent." He paused for a second. "Innocent of being a traitor here. I'm on your side folks. And I know how to wage war."

He turned to the one talking. "Yeah, Mercy is one fucking hell of a misnomer, lady. But don't worry, she's dead. Has been for a while now. It just hasn't caught up to her yet, but it will. And as for the traitor...well, I do hope you guys got a better idea than that last vote cause man, what a waste of time. Am I right?" He smirked.

@Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @TheBlueBurch @Josh M @Jeremi @Chris Lang

"Alright, then. May as well leave this dump. C'mon, gang," he said, leading everyone who wished to follow out of the Movie Theater, "So, where to, first of all?"

@Hospes @Bomb @Nater Taters @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

Locations Available:

Go further into the alley

Docks

Hospital

Wayne Manor

Powers Technology Building

Riddler's Hideout (formerly Alleyway)

Rid rolled her eyes.. But, after looking between Booker, Desmond, and Frank, relented. "Anywhere further in the alley we can go?" Apparently Rid liked dark alleys... They matched her dark heart. =|

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Verite @Nater Taters @Bomb

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Oh boy. Looks it's time to shuffle around with his pokemon. Of course, he kept Espeon out, seeing that it would be safe to keep the psychic type around if the guards were to come in, but it wouldn't be help on getting the Riddler trophy. Surely if it was there, it must be important. Seeing no need, Red sent Venusaur back into it's pokeball, and immediately sent out Charizard. Better to be safe than sorry on this one, Red wasn't exactly wanting to fall off by accident. Hopping onto Charizard's back, the flying lizard pokemon lowered itself so Red could reach and grab the Riddler trophy.

-*-

"Move!" Lapis exclaimed to their group as they ascended up the stairs as fast as they could. In an attempt to slow down the guards behind them, Lapis let the others go ahead as she shot another guard, this time crystallizing the bullet into a sharp crystal needle going at bullet speed.

After that, she caught up with the group, staying near the back for cover fire.

~Lapis's "Glistening Cleaver" Ammo Status~
6 rounds loaded (80 rounds available for reload)

@Verite @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @ResistingTheEnlightened @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang @Mari @powers technology group​

"Dammit!" Naoya growled as he charged up the stairs with Mittens held close to his chest, "Golem, follow along in the back and absorb enemy fire!" As the Golem did he commanded, he stopped for a moment, gathering his magical energy for a powerful burst, "Agilao!" With a snap of his fingers, a torrent of flames shot down the stairwell behind and beneath them.

Abel wooted as the flames set to work, "That's the way, Naoya, burn them out! Lets see how they like being on the defensive!"

@Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite

Rid rolled her eyes.. But, after looking between Booker, Desmond, and Frank, relented. "Anywhere further in the alley we can go?" Apparently Rid liked dark alleys... They matched her dark heart. =|

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Verite @Nater Taters @Bomb
Desmond stared into the darkness of the alley, piercing the night with his Eagle Vision.

His eyes flicked back to Ridley. She was glowing gold. Greeeeaaaat. That meant one thing, something Desmond wasn't going to admit.

Because I want to torture Sav.

"You okay Rid. Seeing Giovanni Bugatti over there," He jerked his head at Frank. "Killing those people couldn't have been a good sight."

@Hospes
@BarrenThin
@Verite

M A S T E R
✮ A Q U A ✮

QJ5cM2F.png

After leaving the manor, the young master made her way for the docks to take a break. She realized nothing was going on over in that direction, save for some people either swimming or talking, so she thought she would rest herself from the flustered feeling of embarrassment she had experienced earlier. She felt bad for running off in front of Abel like that. A kiss was just a kiss, and he was with someone else now anyhow. Aqua wasn't sure why she had to let herself get so worked up about it.

At the docks, Aqua sat by the water and splashed some of it on her face simply to cool off. While she sat, she listened to the others speaking. Chloe and Max warmed the girl's heart in particular. The two seemed to care about each other quite a lot, and it made Aqua long for her own friends.

S6GxmZ1.png

She took out her wayfinder charm and gazed at it, trying to picture the faces of Terra and Ventus in her mind. The faces looked blurry to her, but she could still picture them. It was a miracle that after ten years had passed she could even remember blurry images. Thinking about how she still wasn't with them brought great pang of sadness into her heart.

"Terra, Ven, I... miss you both so much. When will the day come that I'll ever see either of you again?"

After a moment, Aqua put away her wayfinder. She stood up and turned away from the group at the docks. She couldn't be here right now. It was too hard. Keeping her mind occupied with fighting was probably the best thing for her right now. Whenever she thought about friendship, love, or emotions it only seemed to bring trouble into her heart and mind. Aqua couldn't afford to let herself get distracted.

So Aqua made her way for a new location, checking out the alleyway for the moment. She spied Shiki in the group, perking up at the sight of a familiar friend. She made her way over to them.

7owbZw7.png

"Mind if I tag along?"

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Verite @Nater Taters @Bomb @Hospes

Desmond stared into the darkness of the alley, piercing the night with his Eagle Vision.

His eyes flicked back to Ridley. She was glowing gold. Greeeeaaaat. That meant one thing, something Desmond wasn't going to admit.

Because I want to torture Sav.

"You okay Rid. Seeing Giovanni Bugatti over there," He jerked his head at Frank. "Killing those people couldn't have been a good sight."

@Hospes
@BarrenThin
@Verite

Frank scowled at him.

@Hospes
@Verite
@Thuro Pendragon

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Both are correct," Legolas said as he saw their attacks on the guards, "we should not let whatever is on this path remain undiscovered." He didn't feel a need to act, as both their attacks seemed sufficient to take down two guards, if not two small armies.

@Chris Lang @Mari @ResistingTheEnlightened @Gummi Bunnies @Verite
@Proxymoron
Bayonetta would tear down the cat poster in case something was hidden behind it. "I do hope there isn't any superstition behind tearing down a poster of a cat?", she joked as she tore the poster from the wall.

@Chris Lang @Verite @ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies

phoneKeyboard.png

Because Joshua in all honesty didn't have any idea, he would simply stare at the screen and the buttons as the mun processed this - oh IC right

Joshua looked very carefully at the numbers. "Like a pre war phone. Except more.. Modern. Strange." He decided to try the buttons inputted and hoped to get it right the first time MLG pro style. If MLG existed in a 1950s remnant of 2077. "2..2..2...6...6..." And hopeful the numbers matched.

Fucking dickmuffin.

"I don't wanna ruin a potential love fest moment, but what does that riddle mean?" Nicki asked as she was easily confused over a simple question. It wasn't like she knew what a fucking elf was, so hopefully someone with experience knew. She seemed very calm during their walk, though.

@Mari
@ResistingTheEnlightened
@Wedge Antilles
@Gummi Bunnies
@Verite

"Dammit!" Naoya growled as he charged up the stairs with Mittens held close to his chest, "Golem, follow along in the back and absorb enemy fire!" As the Golem did he commanded, he stopped for a moment, gathering his magical energy for a powerful burst, "Agilao!" With a snap of his fingers, a torrent of flames shot down the stairwell behind and beneath them.

Abel wooted as the flames set to work, "That's the way, Naoya, burn them out! Lets see how they like being on the defensive!"

@Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite
"That's good that you... have that Golem? Well, at least that way I save some bullets," Lapis says as she puts her weapon away, seeing that Naoya happened to take care of the cover. It took a moment for the bounty hunter to hear a familiar voice in her head.

"Oh cool, Red's been here the entire time!" Lapis says, rushing through the rest of the stairwell and down the hallway.

@The Tactician @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @powers technology building group​

Status
Not open for further replies.