Murder Game V: The Reapers' Game

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresa-the-maze-runner-37621232-1200-1000.png

Teresa's gaze lingered on Jack, before she nodded determinedly. "Yes, I will. And I know that," she replied, firmly. Her gaze shifted to the girl who was still unconscious in her arms, before looking back to Jack. "Here.. Can you take her?" she asked. It wouldn't be good to have the child with her for what she intended to do.

She then looked to Emma, smiling faintly. "Yeah, well.. I'd like to think I do," she mused, humorously. Then, more seriously, she turned back to Jenny, all serious. Rather than really answering the question, she replied with something else. "He killed Ash," she stated, features steely. "..No, he didn't just kill him.. That implies it was quick and painless. He murdered him... Tormented him. Enjoyed it," she explained with disgust, fists clenching underneath their hold on the little girl.

"...I need to avenge him, and not let you down as well in the process."

"And I need all of your help to do it.. And a partnership."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jenny @Mari
"Partnership?" Emma asked.

836159-emma_emma_frost_5704085_425_438.jpg

"But I already have a partner, Ashabel here", Emma said, "though she hasn't spoken up, lately".

She looked at Jenny. "Does Jenny currently have a partner? If not, I believe that's where you'd find the most appropriate fit." She paused. "For now", she whispered at the end. "And, what do you need from us, other than a partner?"

@Arlathina @Savvy Savant @Jenny @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Jenny thought about everything for a second. Why did Teresa even want to find Ryu? However, on second thought, maybe there were some things she'd like to discuss with the man too. She nodded. "Fine then. I'll help you. But you need to tell me why you need him so badly."

// crappy short responses ftw... also, rolling for next person that'll take over Jenny's mind
// 3 = sexy pirate Edward Kenway again yaaay

@Mari
@Savvy Savant
@Arlathina

@whoever I'm forgetting

Ryu walked into the Garden, looking, again, at the Hedge Maze. He yawned as he did so, not sure what else to do. Maybe... I'm supposed to look for something? He thought as he began walking. Mind as well start with that, right? He wasn't trying to look for a group. He highly doubted anyone would want to be with him anyway. It didn't matter to him though. He just wanted his Lupa and to be back home again. To be with his people. To be... Somewhat... Normal again.

@Jenny @Savvy Savant @Anyone else

@Wedge Antilles @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Gummi Bunnies @Anyone else in the theater

"SURE! I'LL TAKE ONE OF YOUR PINS AS PAYMENT! AS LONG AS YOU THINK IT'S WORTH $19.95!" Mr. Mays exclaimed, grinning at Claptrap and also Ciel who needed to pay for one of his pins also.

Meanwhile--whether most of the players were about to leave for the hedge maze or not--the group could hear the movie in The Reapers' Game theater start to play.

388742-bigthumbnail.jpg

A city could be seen. It was full of death, destruction, and pain.

Infamous+the+Beast+head.png

A face could be seen next. It quickly flashed on the screen a few times.

The screen then went blank, save for a few words that appeared...

Stop the traitors.

You haven't much time left.

If you don't stop at least one of them soon, bad things will happen.

B A D E N D I N G

The screen completely shuts off.
Claptrap stood there for what seemed like forever, before bursting out booing the movie. "Boo! Get off the stage!" he yelled to a blank screen.

"Well, That went nowhere..." He noticed Marcus, Yuka and Ciel going somewhere else, He called out to ask where there were going next. "Hey! Where are you guys going now?"

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Claptrap stood there for what seemed like forever, before bursting out booing the movie. "Boo! Get off the stage!" he yelled to a blank screen.

"Well, That went nowhere..." He noticed Marcus, Yuka and Ciel going somewhere else, He called out to ask where there were going next. "Hey! Where are you guys going now?"

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Marcus Wright turned around and saw Claptrap following along. "We are going to the hedge maze", he said to the robot. "Come with us if you want to live."

@ResistingTheEnlightened @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Joker approached the young man very quietly, noticing his sadness. He eventually chipped in, though. "Oh, buck up, you silly sod. I may look like a Reaper, I have every interest in killing them all... Slowly."

"Well, them and everyone else, but they have moved up the waiting list rather quickly."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@The Afterlife group
"Rocket, I don't think talking will work here. It seems the boy wants to play the player card for now," Minato stepped, Onikiri forming in his hand. This was going to get rough no matter how the pieces fell, so one of them needed to be ready, "Listen, either you follow along or face being erased from the game. Your choice, but we get our answers either way." A smile wormed its way onto his face, but it only promised pain if Joshua ran from them.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Raven
Pyrrha landed gently on her feet, her sword and shield ever in hand, her green eyes studying him. "Have you been aware of anything... strange going on this game? Like... the flood? Or the miniature ice age? And you can trust us. The lot of us were players merely a few hours ago. I was murdered, for one. Don't know about the others."
@The Afterlife group
@The Afterlife Group
@Xibilation @TheColourlessRainbow

twewy05.png

"Odd thing to say," Joshua mumbled in reply to The Joker. "I'd almost kill them all myself after what they've done."

He glared at Minato who quickly threatened him. "You don't believe me that I'm a player? Pray tell, what else could I be? I told you, I'm not going anywhere. We can talk here. Or if you feel the need to erase me, go ahead and attack... I will defend myself," he sternly replied.

He glanced to Pyrrha, who asked some reasonable questions. "I'm aware. I've actually been checking into it. Games aren't supposed to go like this. But why are you asking me? Am I suspected of being responsible for those things?"​

// too lazy to do a good post so here

"Well, that was... mildly horrifying," Ciel muttered in response to the movie that was presented to her. And then she just sorta followed Marcus and Yuka wherever they went because why not.

Hopefully she managed to escape the clutches of Billy Mays.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Wedge Antilles @Xx420BLAZEITxX
KiZKKEd.jpg

Billy Mays was pissed as hell when Ciel and the others started to leave without paying for his Oxy clean. He tried to follow after them, but kept dropping his precious bottles of Oxy clean as he walked, having to stop to pick them up. This caused the poor salesman to get left behind.​

Teresa-the-maze-runner-37621232-1200-1000.png

Teresa's gaze lingered on Jack, before she nodded determinedly. "Yes, I will. And I know that," she replied, firmly. Her gaze shifted to the girl who was still unconscious in her arms, before looking back to Jack. "Here.. Can you take her?" she asked. It wouldn't be good to have the child with her for what she intended to do.

She then looked to Emma, smiling faintly. "Yeah, well.. I'd like to think I do," she mused, humorously. Then, more seriously, she turned back to Jenny, all serious. Rather than really answering the question, she replied with something else. "He killed Ash," she stated, features steely. "..No, he didn't just kill him.. That implies it was quick and painless. He murdered him... Tormented him. Enjoyed it," she explained with disgust, fists clenching underneath their hold on the little girl.

"...I need to avenge him, and not let you down as well in the process."

"And I need all of your help to do it.. And a partnership."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jenny @Mari
@Jenny @Savvy Savant @Mari

Captain Jack nodded and took the girl from Teresa.

"I'd be your partner; I haven't seen mine in a while. I think she may have gone on to davey jones locker. But I'm not sure what to do with this little girl," he said with a frown, looking down at the unconscious child in his arms.​

@The Afterlife Group
@Xibilation @TheColourlessRainbow

"Odd thing to say," Joshua mumbled in reply to The Joker. "I'd almost kill them all myself after what they've done."

He glared at Minato who quickly threatened him. "You don't believe me that I'm a player? Pray tell, what else could I be? I told you, I'm not going anywhere. We can talk here. Or if you feel the need to erase me, go ahead and attack... I will defend myself," he sternly replied.

He glanced to Pyrrha, who asked some reasonable questions. "I'm aware. I've actually been checking into it. Games aren't supposed to go like this. But why are you asking me? Am I suspected of being responsible for those things?"​
Rocket keep quiet no longer knowing what to say these sort of things usually Blue handled or Sweetpea. She gave a sigh and listened to everyone. Her thoughts trailed off for a bit to her sister. 'I hope she is doing okay.' She thought the realized that she promised that if the kid didn't agree she was going to knock him out and drag him along. She looked at the others wondering how to remind them. She figured if needed she would speak up but till then just waiting to see if they could get him to agree then that was fine by her.

@Afterlife Group
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

The smirk only grew wider at their opponent's words, "Sometimes, I think people like you are foolish. You know we're stronger but you still won't relent to our demands. Then again, I used to be like that as well."

"To answer your queston, I think you're an outsider. You're in this for your own gain, working with scum like Ryu to ruin our chance at returning to the people we love. I don't know if it's for sick kicks or something meaningful, but either way, you irritated our group and worst of all me. Let me tell you, I'm no longer the kid who runs off to unwinnable fights. I only fight when I know I can win."

"And let me tell you, wiping you out will be the easiest battle I've ever fought," tapping at the sheathe of his sword, Minato turned his head to Rocket, "Ask your questions now or we beat him down to take him. Make the call."
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Raven @BarrenThin

Rocket gave a sigh. "I'm not the one to make calls. He doesn't believe me that there harmless questions. So I say it sounds like will have to bring him in the hard way. And I don't really care which as long as I'll see my sister again. I just thought the talk method was a good start." She said then looked at the kid. "And I'm pretty sure being a Reaper doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I met one when I was a player she was a kid who meant no harm." Rocket stated and then her look grew very serious. "But if you won't come with us the easy way then the hard way it is your choice." She went for weapons and found none. 'Right I died...' Then she remembered her lighting pin. 'It's not the back of a gun but it will do.' She thought. "Just remember he's wanted alive so they can speak to him they never said bruises wasn't aloud." Rocket said with a smirk thinking what the old man might say for advice before her and her friends jumped into battle.

Sucker%20Punch%20-4.jpg

@The Pimp Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Afterlife Group

"Non-lethal, right," Minato unsheathed his sword, preparing for the coming fight. However, his sword hand and the arm attached to it hung limp at his side. Instead, it seemed the kendo student would be using the sheath for the fight as he brought it to a ready stance, "Better to not take chances, though it won't be any less painful for you."

@Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Garrus decided to hang out with the salesman, bored as hell, he might as well hang out with someone who might brighten his day, why not a salesman? "Yeah, why not, I'll buy your oxy-clean!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

The smirk only grew wider at their opponent's words, "Sometimes, I think people like you are foolish. You know we're stronger but you still won't relent to our demands. Then again, I used to be like that as well."

"To answer your queston, I think you're an outsider. You're in this for your own gain, working with scum like Ryu to ruin our chance at returning to the people we love. I don't know if it's for sick kicks or something meaningful, but either way, you irritated our group and worst of all me. Let me tell you, I'm no longer the kid who runs off to unwinnable fights. I only fight when I know I can win."

"And let me tell you, wiping you out will be the easiest battle I've ever fought," tapping at the sheathe of his sword, Minato turned his head to Rocket, "Ask your questions now or we beat him down to take him. Make the call."
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Raven @BarrenThin
Rocket gave a sigh. "I'm not the one to make calls. He doesn't believe me that there harmless questions. So I say it sounds like will have to bring him in the hard way. And I don't really care which as long as I'll see my sister again. I just thought the talk method was a good start." She said then looked at the kid. "And I'm pretty sure being a Reaper doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I met one when I was a player she was a kid who meant no harm." Rocket stated and then her look grew very serious. "But if you won't come with us the easy way then the hard way it is your choice." She went for weapons and found none. 'Right I died...' Then she remembered her lighting pin. 'It's not the back of a gun but it will do.' She thought. "Just remember he's wanted alive so they can speak to him they never said bruises wasn't aloud." Rocket said with a smirk thinking what the old man might say for advice before her and her friends jumped into battle.

Sucker%20Punch%20-4.jpg

@The Pimp Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Afterlife Group
@The Afterlife Group
@Xibilation @BarrenThin @TheColourlessRainbow @SirDerpingtonIV

latest

Instead of denying Minato's claim, Joshua smirked.

"Fine, I admit it. I am an outsider. But not in the sense that you are thinking. The reapers are mistaken. I'm not working with this Ryu you speak of, or anyone on the outside of the game. I'm investigating it. I have, however, broken the rules and come into the game when I'm not allowed."

Joshua stepped back, starting to levitate.

"And I'm not allowed to be here because... I'm alive. I never died like any of you. I broke into the game. People who are still alive have tremendous power inside the game. I've found it to be quite useful," he said with a laugh. "If I were any of you, I wouldn't challenge me..."​

Mid-Round Update

Most of the group found themselves in a mad rush to the Garden in the White Room. Once inside, the group made their way over to the hedge maze. It was eerily quiet in the maze until the group could hear a faint voice coming from inside.

"You seek to eliminate more players now? Very well. I simply hope you know what you're doing. I will grant you more power to do your job. Be a distraction so that the players and reapers are only focused on you. That is the job of the traitors, after all, to be my distractions."

The sky in the garden suddenly grew darker, covered by gray clouds. A faint rumble could be heard as if a storm were approaching. However, the group was inside an indoor facility; how could there be a storm?

Those inside the hedge maze paused in their walking, each individual feeling a cold shiver run down his or her spine before they pressed onward. Emma Frost stepped on something strange, picking it up to find that it was a piece of armor from a very familiar suit. She, and the others, couldn't exactly recall who the armor belonged to until they found its helm.

big_sister_helmet___bioshock_ii_by_redshotronin-d5rdytq.jpg

The helm belonged to Big Sister.

Before the group could further ponder on this matter, the sound of flames erupted from the center of the maze. A little girl, Rhyme, who had been with Susan, ran frantically into the maze looking around.

latest

"She took Susan! I saw her!" she exclaimed, pointing toward the center of the maze.

The players who looked to the center could see the silhouette of two women, one of them being Susan, and the other being a mystery. The sound of fire the players had heard earlier was that of Susan being lit up by flames. She screamed, slowly dying from her torment.

Someone dangerous was in the maze.

It was one of the traitors.​

Minato cocked his eyebrow at the boy's words, "Well, while I can't trust you, that does help your case. However, next questions, why are you investigating this game, who do you work for, and is there a way for us and the remaining survivors to escape?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Chandra gave a slight grunt, her hair whipping about as she scoured her line of sight for Ryu

She would get the names of the others out of him, if it took Chandra hours of torture to do so...

He would burn...

Burn...

Was that...Smoke?

Chandra looked over to see smoke rising from the hedge maze and she ran to the scene, trying to choke the fire, but finding she had no pins active due to her lack of partner

"Someone partner with me, quickly!" she yelled as she looked to anyone nearby

@Hedge maze peeps

Minato cocked his eyebrow at the boy's words, "Well, while I can't trust you, that does help your case. However, next questions, why are you investigating this game, who do you work for, and is there a way for us and the remaining survivors to escape?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@The Afterlife Group

twewy05.png

"I'm afraid I can't answer any of those questions. What I'm doing here is to be kept a secret entirely. But I promise you, I'm not what the reapers say. They're wrong. I'm not doing anything to hack into the game and screw it up. Whoever is doing this, it isn't me."

Obviously, either Joshua or the reapers were lying.

But which one?​

Mid-Round Update

Most of the group found themselves in a mad rush to the Garden in the White Room. Once inside, the group made their way over to the hedge maze. It was eerily quiet in the maze until the group could hear a faint voice coming from inside.

"You seek to eliminate more players now? Very well. I simply hope you know what you're doing. I will grant you more power to do your job. Be a distraction so that the players and reapers are only focused on you. That is the job of the traitors, after all, to be my distractions."

The sky in the garden suddenly grew darker, covered by gray clouds. A faint rumble could be heard as if a storm were approaching. However, the group was inside an indoor facility; how could there be a storm?

Those inside the hedge maze paused in their walking, each individual feeling a cold shiver run down his or her spine before they pressed onward. Emma Frost stepped on something strange, picking it up to find that it was a piece of armor from a very familiar suit. She, and the others, couldn't exactly recall who the armor belonged to until they found its helm.

big_sister_helmet___bioshock_ii_by_redshotronin-d5rdytq.jpg

The helm belonged to Big Sister.

Before the group could further ponder on this matter, the sound of flames erupted from the center of the maze. A little girl, Rhyme, who had been with Susan, ran frantically into the maze looking around.

latest

"She took Susan! I saw her!" she exclaimed, pointing toward the center of the maze.

The players who looked to the center could see the silhouette of two women, one of them being Susan, and the other being a mystery. The sound of fire the players had heard earlier was that of Susan being lit up by flames. She screamed, slowly dying from her torment.

Someone dangerous was in the maze.

It was one of the traitors.​

Once her group had proceeded to the Hedge Maze, she immediately covered her nose and mouth with one hand once the realization of a fire was occurring at the center of the maze. That was bad...really bad. She didn't want to be at the center of the commotion, and to make it worse, she could hear screaming. No... another traitor was at work! Carefully putting away her scented bead charm in her pocket, she got close to her partner Marcus. While she didn't want to be involved in any fighting, they had to do something!

PEK5S9a.png

"Someone bad is there... I'm not sure how, but we have to do something to help!" Yuka cried out. Obviously she wouldn't be a big help, but she would try to support the group here in hopes of doing something about that 'bad' person, that being the traitor that was no doubt there.

@Wedge Antilles @any others at the Hedge Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.