Murder Game V: The Reapers' Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crono - Epilogue Pt 2 (Finale)
@Gummi Bunnies @Yiyel @Anyone else that wants to read this really >.<
211098-epoch.gif
Lucca tilted her head a little, but, she shrugged "I guess so..." she said, looking a bit thoughtfull, before she started up the engines, the Epoc whirred to life "Now hold onto something!" she called with a bit of a laugh. Suddenly, the Epoc launched into the air before it started to travel forwards, faster and faster until suddenly, a bright flash of light occured followed by a thunderous booming noise. When the light cleared and the ship slowed down it was quite clear to them that they were no longer ontop of a snowy mountain, but, in fact in a lush green landscape, a few cities and large bodies of water scattered here and there... They were home at last. Lucca got off straight away and lead Asha to her workshop where, with the help of her father, Taban, they crafted a rather spectacular suit of armor for him along with a complementary plasma rifle to start him off. They chatted the whole time, and it seemed Lucca was really intrigued about the technology Asha told her about, not to mention the adventures he and Crono had gone on, heck, the conversation itself helped speed up the invention of other things, such as prosthetics. With a bit of hard work, Lucca had managed to create an almost identical prosthetic arm for Asha, it worked like a charm really, and one couldn't tell the difference between it and a regular arm of that caliber. Lucca was thrilled to say the least that another one of her inventions had worked like a charm, no problems what-so-ever!
latest

In the meantime though, Crono had re-united with his mother and told her of his adventures, of course he left out the part where he died... Knowing her, she wouldn't take it all too well. Though as he wandered the home, he realized something was missing, something that had been keeping him company all these years until now, his cat. He'd never given him a name, but, he had nonetheless kept him company, always overjoyed whenever he returned home from a long journey. His cat wasn't the only loss he'd sustained during his death, many innocent lives were also lost, Yuka, Mikasa, Mari, Ryu, and many others. It didn't take him long to erect a small memorial in their honor but, he realized he was missing a few things... So he went to markets and managed to retrieve a few items... A scented charm, sure it wasn't a container full of beeds, but, nonetheless, an offering he left for Yuka, and some cat food, the brand his cat had always liked. Crono let out a bit of a sigh as he knelt at the grave, trying his best not to cry, he stayed like that for a while until Marle suddenly showed up, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I guess wherever you were... You lost friends too..." She said quietly, reading over the grave and looking at the offerings for a moment. Crono could do nothing but nod, tears inevitably flowing down his cheeks, dripping onto the ground in front of the memorial, Marle just hugged him "Oh Crono... Please don't cry... I'm sure they'll find their peace somewehre..." she said, trying to reassure him. Crono just nodded again, not saying a word, despite knowing this full well, he couldn't help but feel it wasn't always the case, but... He couldn't do anything about that now... Eventually he stood up again "I guess we're going to fight Lavos huh..." Crono nodded for the third time, a determined look crossing his face "Then let's go! I'm sure the others are itching to save the world as well!" she said confidently, pulling Crono along to Lucca's workshop where the Epoc lay.

6302944_orig.jpg
A few hours later, they stood in front of the beast as it broke through the surface of the planet, letting out an ear shattering screech, shaking the ground as fire rained from the skies. This time however, the party was prepared, with the help of Asha of course... Lucca raised her weapon as Magus cast a barrier around them as they prepared to face the monster, the entire party prepared for the fight that would determine the fate of the world. "At last! You've met your match Lavos!" Shouted Magus in a triumphant manner, all the people gathered here today knew that the future remained in their hands now.... Could they finally change it?
End - Dream Team
FWL0Geu.jpg

Roll credits

Last edited:
Prologue to ???? Part 1: Denial

As a near by fan's Echo, two familiar people seemed deep in dissuasion at the Coalition Headquarters. a certain Russian dog was laying on the floor, bowl of water in front.

1160738-gotg_24_012.jpg

"So to say Cosmo's not happy about this "vision" is understatement. No surprise for Makoto, da?"

The joke at the end of the dog's line was attempt if humor. However, something troubling him deeply.

Makoto was leaning casually against the sofa, his gaze focusing on the floor. No one else was here to disturb them, so silence filled the room in the wake of Cosmo's remark. Though this was usually Commander Kieran's office, Makoto had made use of it for the purpose of finding some privacy with the telekinetic dog. The headquarters had been bustling with activity as of late, and it was getting increasingly hard to find privacy.

uNj4y8M.png

"... No," Makoto eventually said, sounding more grim that he meant to. "It means our fight will take longer than we thought it would. But... well--" Sighing, the boy moved away from the couch and looked to Cosmo. "We can't be sure it will happen, can we?"

'Nyet. Not for sure. "

The dog would lower his head, saddens ran from his eyes.

"Cosmo's old dog, Fifty somethink in human years. Motherland sent Cosmo to space in great space of America. Yet, they had no plan to bring Cosmo home. Left Cosmo to die. Cosmo just drifted I space for years. Cosmo was in weird death trance. Caught between life and death. I had visions. However, comrade, nothink was this vivid. The act Cosmo has to do, how can Cosmo live with self? You say it's a "battle". We're taking a civilian's life. A....."

Cosmo stopped himself. He couldn't even bring himself to finish. A sad whimper is all he made.

"Hm..." The boy shook his head. "Still a battle. But... I don't think I wish to do this. Maybe we can just keep a watch." His voice was low and lacking in confidence. What they have all been put through was horrific enough, Makoto couldn't much allow himself to imagine even further anguish for the innocents. "I can't be sure-- None of us can. We can't be drastic about this, we just need to be... optimistic. We have to believe." Echoing the optimism he expressed for Jennifer in the Murder Game simulation, Makoto managed a smile. "My official statement is to wait and see."

"Cosmo won't disagree. In meantime, Cosmo's going to look for alternatives. Also, Cosmo thinks alumnae should gather. We're all involved. Cosmo would like list of people you recommend for purpose of counseling and advising Cosmo. Sounds good, da?"

"Er..." Crossing his arms, Makoto shrugged. "Not just Coalition members, then. Survivors of the simulation, and... someone from G.O.R.E., but not Rex. He... He's very busy."

"Fair enough. Makoto makes list for Cosmo? Cosmo will start search."

Makoto takes a moment to gather his thoughts before-- "... Yes, I'll do that, Cosmo."

The Russian would nod. He knew this was just the start conflict. Conflict he feared was true.

Epilogue Part Three: Her Final Goodbye

After a while of sniffling and crying to her discontent, Teresa finally managed to force the salty stream of tears involuntarily making their way down her face to stop, wiping her face with her shirt furiously despite the pain touching her burned skin brought about. In her mind, the pain was worth it, if it meant avoiding being seen as weak and pathetic.

With one last sniffle, the glader's head snapped to the side as Ryu stared at her, as if she could feel his purple eyes were settled on her. That look in his eyes.. She had to look away. It hurt too much, knowing she couldn't save the man.. That there seemed to be nothing she could do to change him or Yuka's fate, when they weren't the ones responsible for these deaths; they were mere puppets, played by demons they never asked to have.

tumblr_nfz0blBfFG1s5m0cro4_250.gif

When Ryu approached, and she stared at him silently. After blinking a few times while hearing him out, the female blushed faintly(though the burns hid this well), looking away with a huff. "I-it isn't like I did anything special.. I mean, you don't deserve to die for the actions of someone else.. Simple as that. It- It's not like I'm giving you special treatment, or anything," she replied.

At his apology, she had to look down to the ground. She couldn't bare to look while he said that.. It only hurt more. After a brief silence, she replied. "..Me too..." she murmured, softly. And it was true; she was sorry. Sorry that she couldn't save him. Sorry that he was being punished for crimes he was unwillingly forced to commit. Sorry that.. Sorry that she had to say goodbye. That she couldn't save him, or keep one of the two remaining friends she had here around.

Wait.. Ryu... Her friend...?

The thought was odd an foreign to the glader, and she was confused by it. A mere few days ago, she had wanted nothing more than to destroy the male. To make him suffer, punish him for killing the closest friend she had here; Ash. But somehow, somewhere along the line.. It seemed she'd managed to take a liking to him.

And she hated it.

If she didn't see this man as a friend, maybe letting go would be easier. Maybe she wouldn't care that he had to pass on. But she did, on both accounts.. And there was nothing she could do about it but hope the pain wouldn't last too long.. That she could somehow forget about the man, find new friends, and move on like this never happened.

But she knew she'd be unable.

Admittedly, the kiss took the girl by complete surprise. Her eyes widened, and she tensed with surprise and astonishment. He'd.. Just... Kissed her?! Instantaneously, she blushed so bad that even with the severe burns, it was clear. Her mouth opened and closed for a moment, as she was so flustered that she couldn't manage to get t he words she wanted to out. But as he turned to leave, Teresa managed to break from her statuesque state, going to gently grab his wrist and turn him back around to face her, before, after a moment of hesitation, throwing her arms around him. There was a moment of silence, before she spoke. "I.. uh..."

"...."

"Thanks," she managed the word in a soft murmur, giving her best attempt at a smile to the male, despite the tears welling back up in her eyes. She didn't know what else to say- she likely would have slapped him, but if this was their final encounter.. "It's.. It's good to know I've got a friend," she said, quietly. For a while, she kept her arms around him in the embrace, Little Guy sandwiched between her and Ryu as well. But after a few minutes, she realized what she was doing, quickly pulling away and huddling Little Guy against her chest in a caring embrace.

Briefly, she met his purple eyes, forcing another sad smile with tears in her eyes. "I.. I guess this is goodbye, huh..?" she muttered, sadly. The tears had come back now, proving her prior attempts at getting them to go away useless. Regardless, she forced herself to maintain the smile. "..Good luck."

Unsure what else to say, she could only watch as Ryu made his way to the river, holding Little Guy tightly but gently, as though seeking comfort from the wolf pup. Though, just having him in her arms again provided plenty comfort.

After a while of just holding him while staring after Ryu 'til she could no longer make out his form, Teresa managed to move from where she seemed to have been rooted to the ground, glancing at Reagan sadly. "So.. You're leaving too, huh..?" she inquired, sadly. The fact that all these people had homes, families, friends, to return to caused the girl to bristle with something of envy. Longing. This incredible need, wish, that she had that, too.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Teresa forced another small smile. "I guess I should've expected as much.." she sighed, gaze turning down with her black hair dangling around her face, framing it like a curtain. "..I.. I guess I'll walk you to the portal, then.." she murmured, softly. With that, she reluctantly began walking with Reagan to the statue of Hachiko. She stayed quiet during the walk, seeming as though she had something she wanted to say, but couldn't quite get it out.

Upon arriving at the statue, she sighed heavily, gaze slowly turning to Francis. Another forced smile spread across her face, and she hesitated momentarily, before hugging the man quietly. Again, her wolf companion was included in the embrace, as she seemed to not want to put him down, now that she finally had him back.

"It.. It was good knowing you.." she stated, calmly. "..Thank you, for everything... I couldn't have done it without you," she thanked, tear-filled blue-green eyes betraying the smile on her face. "I'll.. I'll miss you.. And I wish you good luck back home." With that, she managed a playful salute, hoping to lighten the mood. But if anything was unlikely, it was that Teresa would have a light mood after everyone she cared about either left, died, or hated her. She'd never get that happy ending..

It seemed once again, the Glader would be left alone. Stuck suffering in an abyss of loneliness that she, herself, had created.

"At least I've got you, Little Guy..." she murmured to the wolf in her arms, quietly, gently furrowing her face into the fur of the wolf in a caring manner. With another small sigh, she tightly closed her eyes, trying to keep the tears back. "..C'mon, we've got a Reaper Recruitment Station to visit, Little Guy..." With that, the ravenette set off, ignoring the pain of loneliness tugging at her heart.

And it seemed that was the end, for Teresa Agnes.

@Ryu Keiko @ResistingTheEnlightened @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone​

• Love
Reactions: Ryu Keiko and York
Epilogue Part Three: Her Final Goodbye

After a while of sniffling and crying to her discontent, Teresa finally managed to force the salty stream of tears involuntarily making their way down her face to stop, wiping her face with her shirt furiously despite the pain touching her burned skin brought about. In her mind, the pain was worth it, if it meant avoiding being seen as weak and pathetic.

With one last sniffle, the glader's head snapped to the side as Ryu stared at her, as if she could feel his purple eyes were settled on her. That look in his eyes.. She had to look away. It hurt too much, knowing she couldn't save the man.. That there seemed to be nothing she could do to change him or Yuka's fate, when they weren't the ones responsible for these deaths; they were mere puppets, played by demons they never asked to have.

tumblr_nfz0blBfFG1s5m0cro4_250.gif

When Ryu approached, and she stared at him silently. After blinking a few times while hearing him out, the female blushed faintly(though the burns hid this well), looking away with a huff. "I-it isn't like I did anything special.. I mean, you don't deserve to die for the actions of someone else.. Simple as that. It- It's not like I'm giving you special treatment, or anything," she replied.

At his apology, she had to look down to the ground. She couldn't bare to look while he said that.. It only hurt more. After a brief silence, she replied. "..Me too..." she murmured, softly. And it was true; she was sorry. Sorry that she couldn't save him. Sorry that he was being punished for crimes he was unwillingly forced to commit. Sorry that.. Sorry that she had to say goodbye. That she couldn't save him, or keep one of the two remaining friends she had here around.

Wait.. Ryu... Her friend...?

The thought was odd an foreign to the glader, and she was confused by it. A mere few days ago, she had wanted nothing more than to destroy the male. To make him suffer, punish him for killing the closest friend she had here; Ash. But somehow, somewhere along the line.. It seemed she'd managed to take a liking to him.

And she hated it.

If she didn't see this man as a friend, maybe letting go would be easier. Maybe she wouldn't care that he had to pass on. But she did, on both accounts.. And there was nothing she could do about it but hope the pain wouldn't last too long.. That she could somehow forget about the man, find new friends, and move on like this never happened.

But she knew she'd be unable.

Admittedly, the kiss took the girl by complete surprise. Her eyes widened, and she tensed with surprise and astonishment. He'd.. Just... Kissed her?! Instantaneously, she blushed so bad that even with the severe burns, it was clear. Her mouth opened and closed for a moment, as she was so flustered that she couldn't manage to get t he words she wanted to out. But as he turned to leave, Teresa managed to break from her statuesque state, going to gently grab his wrist and turn him back around to face her, before, after a moment of hesitation, throwing her arms around him. There was a moment of silence, before she spoke. "I.. I..."

"...."

tumblr_nij6l34l5R1tii9zho1_500.gif

she managed the words in a soft murmur, giving her best attempt at a smile to the male, despite the tears welling back up in her eyes. "It's.. It's good to know I've got a friend," she said, quietly. For a while, she kept her arms around him in the embrace, Little Guy sandwiched between her and Ryu as well. But after a few minutes, she realized what she was doing, quickly pulling away and huddling Little Guy against her chest in a caring embrace.

Briefly, she met his purple eyes, forcing another sad smile with tears in her eyes. "I.. I guess this is goodbye, huh..?" she muttered, sadly. The tears had come back now, proving her prior attempts at getting them to go away useless. Regardless, she forced herself to maintain the smile. "..Good luck."

Unsure what else to say, she could only watch as Ryu made his way to the river, holding Little Guy tightly but gently, as though seeking comfort from the wolf pup. Though, just having him in her arms again provided plenty comfort.

After a while of just holding him while staring after Ryu 'til she could no longer make out his form, Teresa managed to move from where she seemed to have been rooted to the ground, glancing at Reagan sadly. "So.. You're leaving too, huh..?" she inquired, sadly. The fact that all these people had homes, families, friends, to return to caused the girl to bristle with something of envy. Longing. This incredible need, wish, that she had that, too.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2za1ot5ju78kg0o0kscco80s0_640.gif

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Teresa forced another small smile. "I guess I should've expected as much.." she sighed, gaze turning down with her black hair dangling around her face, framing it like a curtain. "..I.. I guess I'll walk you to the portal, then.." she murmured, softly. With that, she reluctantly began walking with Reagan to the statue of Hachiko. She stayed quiet during the walk, seeming as though she had something she wanted to say, but couldn't quite get it out.

Upon arriving at the statue, she sighed heavily, gaze slowly turning to Francis. Another forced smile spread across her face, and she hesitated momentarily, before hugging the man quietly. Again, her wolf companion was included in the embrace, as she seemed to not want to put him down, now that she finally had him back.

"It.. It was good knowing you.." she stated, calmly. "..Thank you, for everything... I couldn't have done it without you," she thanked, tear-filled blue-green eyes betraying the smile on her face. "I'll.. I'll miss you.. And I wish you good luck back home." With that, she managed a playful salute, hoping to lighten the mood. But if anything was unlikely, it was that Teresa would have a light mood after everyone she cared about either left, died, or hated her. She'd never get that happy ending..

It seemed once again, the Glader would be left alone. Stuck suffering in an abyss of loneliness that she, herself, had created.

"At least I've got you, Little Guy..." she murmured to the wolf in her arms, quietly, gently furrowing her face into the fur of the wolf in a caring manner. With another small sigh, she tightly closed her eyes, trying to keep the tears back. "..C'mon, we've got a Reaper Recruitment Station to visit, Little Guy..." With that, the ravenette set off, ignoring the pain of loneliness tugging at her heart.

And it seemed that was the end, for Teresa Agnes.

@Ryu Keiko @ResistingTheEnlightened @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone​
Frank smiled of a sorts, he looked at her with keen eyes. "I am a father. I remember." He spoke lightly, pained at his memory as he spoke up again "Two sons. A daughter..." Francis smiled wearily, the though of his memory bringing these moments hit him like a shotgun, his eyes immediately shaking her head. "Well..." He didn't salute to her but his smile was still there. "How... H-How would you like it... If you came?" Francis had a gentle smile on her, his hand laid gently on her shoulder. "Everybody needs somebody... And I think my daughter will love you."
Blue_Bloods_Tom_Selleck-420x0.jpg

The male smiled at the girl and blushed when she reacted the way she did. She hugged him... And.... Thanked him. He blushed and rubbed his head, but laughed at her attempts to make herself seem... Tough...er? Before long though, that sweet embrace was gone and he knew he had to go. He took his Onikiri pin, and smiled as he summoned the blade, that he admittedly called his own, and slammed it into the ground, stabbing the earth as it stuck. "Gotta leave something in my memory, right?" he said with a grin. Unfortunately, that grin was a mask. Tears welled in his eyes as he said his goodbyes, and his apologies, but he did his best to hold them back. .... He failed, in case you were wondering. All the while, Ryu heard laughter in his head from Neikan. "Such a wimp!! Why don't you just go through the portal and just -" He was cut short from an angered thought. Why don't you just shut the hell up!" Ryu shouted out in his head. He wasn't going to die, with this... This..... Asshole! ... Yelling at him and ridiculing him.

Ryu, stuffing his hands into his pockets, turned to walk away. His bod was bruised and cuts were everywhere. His clothes were stained with blood, both his own and others. He smiled as he walked away, mumbling softly, not even sure if anyone can hear him as he walked away from Teresa, going through everyone so... calmly.

"When do you think people die?
When they are shot through the heart with a pistol? No.
When they are struck by an incurable disease? No.
People die... when they are forgotten."
He smiled, remembering that quote from the man who acted as a caretaker when his parents passed away. "Foolish old man." he said softly as he chuckled. "Whether a man is shot in the heart, or just collapses from exhaustion. A man can only be forgotten if he lets his legacy die, good or bad." He mumbles and walks towards the awaiting portal. The portal that would send him away, forever. The portal that was his demise, yet also his sweet, sweet release. He turned, looking back at everyone, wondering what would have happened if things were different for him. He then looked at Teresa. Things.... Probably would have been better. He wouldn't know. No one would. But he knew that this was the way it was going to have to be. "I guess... I've lived a marvelous life." he mumbled, wiping his oncoming tears from his eyes, before stepping into the portal~

The end~

@A Wild Sav @Everyone else~​

Reactions: Atomyk
Status
Not open for further replies.