Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

"A reason? If I die, you all die. Is that a good reason?'

Lex didn't seem bothered by the young man's threat. Nonchalantly walking to the bar, and pouring himself a brandy. After he finished, Luthor reached into pocket, pulling out a small control panel.

"As you all see here by the way miss Riesbyfe was left, this small control panel is connected to almost all of you. If you provoke and attack, I will use it. If you're wondering if you try and take control of it from me, you can try. However it's has fails safed to work only for me. Also if I am heavy injured or die, it will kill all of you. If you destroy it, it will kill you. As you can see, all paths lead to pains, all can and should be avoid."

Look at Clark, Lex smirked slightly. By the way the Lex looked at Clark, everyone could see the men knew each other, if it already wasn't clear. Turning to Blake, Lex pointed to Clark

"I would move Clark away from Riesbyfe, if I were you. Clark is dying in front of your eyes. The long his near her,
Clark is powerless and in pain. Samson's power was lost when Delilah cut his hair. Achilles, son of the nymph and Goddess Thetis, his power that even Zeus feared ceased if his Heel was damage. The green jewels laced on the rosary I gave holy knight, It's called kryptonite. That's Clark Kent's Achilles heel. Every hero has one.

Lex's lips donned a sinister smirk as he watch his old friend riving in pain.

I'll tell you why I am here. As someone who rise was quick in the rank's of Umbrella, I've decided it's time do give you all a break. I am not here to fight you. I'm here to give you all a fighting chance against the traitors. I have a social experiment I'd like to test."

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Verite @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes

"You don't wanna fight? Hah, that's new."

The last person who tried to talk condescendingly towards them just got a bullet in the chest. This time, it seemed that wasn't quite going to work. How he managed to hook up some sort of device like that to them was beyond him, but despite his annoying attitude it looked like he was here to help.

In some capacity, at least. But even help out of selfish gain was help.

Trusting Blake to move Clark away from his apparent weakness, he calmly walked towards the bar and took a seat. "Servin' drinks, or do I gotta get'em myself? Well, either way works for me. So? Whatcha wanna test here, huh?"

@Josh M @C.T. @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @EastHall​

latest

Lex didn't seem bothered by the young man's threat. Nonchalantly walking to the bar, and pouring himself a brandy. After he finished, Luthor reached into pocket, pulling out a small control panel.

"As you all see here by the way miss Riesbyfe was left, this small control panel is connected to almost all of you. If you provoke and attack, I will use it. If you're wondering if you try and take control of it from me, you can try. However it's has fails safed to work only for me. Also if I am heavy injured or die, it will kill all of you. If you destroy it, it will kill you. As you can see, all paths lead to pains, all can and should be avoid."

Look at Clark, Lex smirked slightly. By the way the Lex looked at Clark, everyone could see the men knew each other, if it already wasn't clear. Turning to Blake, Lex pointed to Clark

"I would move Clark away from Riesbyfe, if I were you. Clark is dying in front of your eyes. The long his near her,
Clark is powerless and in pain. Samson's power was lost when Delilah cut his hair. Achilles, son of the nymph and Goddess Thetis, his power that even Zeus feared ceased if his Heel was damage. The green jewels laced on the rosary I gave holy knight, It's called kryptonite. That's Clark Kent's Achilles heel. Every hero has one.

I'll tell you why I am here. As someone who rise was quick in the rank's of Umbrella, I've decided it's time do give you all a break. I am not here to fight you. I'm here to give you all a fighting chance against the traitors. I have a social experiment I'd like to test."
"C-Connected to us...? Then that means... the devices Umbrella put inside us are...?!" Riesbyfe exclaimed, still attempting to force herself through the pain that Lex's control panel was giving her. Through heavy breathing and deep panting, she attempted to get back onto her feet, though to little avail, her strength was still sapped almost completely, the Holy Knight still unable to take off the green-jeweled necklace, only managing to clutch it in her metal hand.

"And this... Y-You only pressed a button once, so these jewels... What... What are you doing to Clark?!" She asked, gritting her teeth though the continued pain, "I... I won't let... let you hurt him!"

She didn't know what this man's relation was to Clark, but if the super-powered alien was able to recognize him and address him with at least some sense of familiarity, perhaps this was indeed a small universe. Of course, she was unable to put much thought behind it, the pain assaulting her being like a pounding headache, a dozen swords...

But she needed to brave through the pain.

For his sake, if nothing else.

"Turn off your infernal device, and I'll be just a little more willing to hear out your intended experiment...!"

@Josh M @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Hospes @EastHall

latest

"...Greeeat. Another smart guy type, thinking he could treat us like his experiments. I'm not just someone to test whatever you want. I will never be that, if I have anything to say about it. What if, baldy, I say that you're bluffing? If your little control panel could kill us all, what would you need the stupid green rocks for? Wasted overkill if ya ask me. Maybe I'm wrong and that thing really does what you say it will. Who knows? Might be honest, but maybe I'm just crazy enough to find out for certain."

Her finger twitched over one of her guns.

"............................................But I'm not nuts enough to try it without hearing you go on. Fighting chance against the traitors, huh?"

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @EastHall​

The last person who tried to talk condescendingly towards them just got a bullet in the chest. This time, it seemed that wasn't quite going to work. How he managed to hook up some sort of device like that to them was beyond him, but despite his annoying attitude it looked like he was here to help.

Trusting Blake to move Clark away from his apparent weakness, he calmly walked towards the bar and took a seat. "Servin' drinks, or do I gotta get'em myself? Well, either way works for me. So? Whatcha wanna test here, huh?"

"C-Connected to us...? Then that means... the devices Umbrella put inside us are...?!" Riesbyfe exclaimed, still attempting to force herself through the pain that Lex's control panel was giving her. Through heavy breathing and deep panting, she attempted to get back onto her feet, though to little avail, her strength was still sapped almost completely, the Holy Knight still unable to take off the green-jeweled necklace, only managing to clutch it in her metal hand.

"And this... Y-You only pressed a button once, so these jewels... What... What are you doing to Clark?!" She asked, gritting her teeth though the continued pain, "I... I won't let... let you hurt him!"

She didn't know what this man's relation was to Clark, but if the super-powered alien was able to recognize him and address him with at least some sense of familiarity, perhaps this was indeed a small universe. Of course, she was unable to put much thought behind it, the pain assaulting her being like a pounding headache, a dozen swords...

"Turn off your infernal device, and I'll be just a little more willing to hear out your intended experiment...!"

It took a lot of willpower to keep himself from lashing out at Lex, resulting with Blake wasting no time to pull Clark away. He wasn't going to allow anyone to get killed on his watch, not like this... He had a feeling that this "social experiment" would be a double-edged blade, if this was to be used in a way to counter the traitors that they were dealing with at the same time since this all started.

tumblr_inline_ng0i7xEXyS1shpc29.png

"Go on. Tell us what your experiment is. Then I'll say my own opinion about it."

"Hm, let's see about that," Shirou replied, scratching his head. Misvoted, huh? Well, that just meant one less suspect. They'd get them sooner or later. He didn't plan to worry too much about it, not that he was really the type to in the first place.

"May as well head East, huh? I'm left-handed and just made a small mistake, so let's stray from my dominant side, yeah?" Saying such flimsy logic with a carefree tone, he pointed East and began to walk towards East Hall.

@Hospes @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Josh M
Setsuna didn't question this. Just followed behind, loyally.

Admittedly, the moment Clark and Riesbyfe fell, Setsuna went on the defensive, prepared to attack... Only to find that, well, it seemed that Shirou didn't. In fact, he acted completely casually. So... What exactly did that mean?

"...Do you not want me to attack? Shirou?"

@Verite @Josh M @Kaykay

Ddk08m4.jpg

"Road."

The princess barely spared a look at Clark as he swooped in between Azura and Road, though she did allow her eyes to linger on the Nohr princess, a quiet look of apology in her gaze. She understood that the Noah liked to stir things up only to hide her own feelings, or was it a way of an outlet? It wasn't helping the situation much.

She was also quite certain that Road didn't see Clark as a 'friend'. The man using such a flimsy excuse to her ally would only amuse or agitate Road further.

She snatched her ally's hand up in hers, holding on to her firmly.

EbFLtgT.jpg

"It's alright."

Despite the distrust heaped upon him now, she believed in his innocence. And if he was truly innocent, it was all on these people standing here to have lost another chance to find out one of the actual killers.

Tugging on Road's arm, she veered them both away from Clark and Azura, not a word escaping until she reached Alucard.

She looked up into his eyes once, before turning away.

WAiJARy.jpg

"I vote for Alucard..."

And Hakuei smiled faintly at Road and the dhampir before continuing, her gaze like two twin chips of ice as she looked at the others in the group.

mmpb2MP.jpg

"Because I believe he is innocent and if you need actual solid proof of it at the expense of wasting your chance to find the actual killer... Then so be it."

@Azuremoon @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @Takumi @The Myrmidon @Verite @Atomyk
SPYgm8P.jpg

When Hakuei took Road's hand, she'd find that the Noah was trembling. For the first time in this reality, Road had shown her physical strength, Which had, even at this point, had left her extremely vulnerable. Road could feel her heart beating in her chest and her pulse beating through her wrists and ears. Right now, if the traitor sprung, Road had the chance of actually dying, and mortality was something she hadn't faced in many, many decades.

"Hakuei..."

Road began in a voice that was as shaky as her hand.

"Thank you for pulling me away... I don't have an excuse for my behavi-"

Road, it was her turn now, was dumbstruck. Hakuei had voted for Alucard and it, for a moment, let Road forget about her temporary mortality.. The point that Hakuei and Alucard were trying to make might as well have been invisible to the Noah. Such things... were inconceivable - and not a whole lot was inconceivable to a girl who could jump through the multiverse. Only theology.

gKk0r0v.png

"My deepest apologies, Lady Maximoff, for putting you through this. It must be tiring."​

He peered at the remaining members of the group, a slight grim expression painted on his face. "How unfortunate..."

cq2271V.png

This new location was resonating within Alucard, and he was beginning to draw parallels between this place and Castlevania. That same eerie feeling and the dark halls, all silent and quiet, it would have been very frightening to the inexperienced. Thoughts about his father and his rise appeared in his head again, and the dhampir was admittedly worried that if he could pass through worlds, into this one - what was stopping his father from doing the same? What if others from worlds beyond pulled into Dracula? Or a mage or a follower of his father? It was worrisome. But for now...

He turned to Road and Hakuei, a little disturbed. "Where shall we go?"​

@Azuremoon @Hana

The funk was shaken off of Road after Alucard spoke, and it was a much needed eye opener. The Noah blinked and took in the sudden change of scenery - "Tyki...?" Road muttered, suddenly, quickly walking away from Alucard and Hakuei a couple of steps before stopping. No. No, if a version of Tyki existed in this world... Road would've felt it long ago. Once more, she shook her head. Until she felt... felt something. It lead east of them and was one of the two paths they were once more diverging from their group between.

"The East Hall. I'm going down the East Hall."

The Amber eyes of the small girl were... different. Glazed over. There was a menacing presence in that direction, and it beckoned to her. Something called, and Road needed to answer it.

"I... would very much enjoy if you two came with me..."

Road looked back at them before turning away and beginning away, that is until-​

This whole thing was beyond Clark's original thought how this would all go down. Walking towards Road, Clark's eyes looked with Alucard and Hakuie. Hakuie was someone who was tough and stonger than she seemed, it reminded him of Lois Lane, expect Hakuie didn't same nearly as Rude. Maybe Stubborn, but that'd be judging. Clark made his way to the pair, he knew he was most likely the last person they trio would want to see.

92e789b89d6de757c88e525a0aa8188a.jpg

"I think the four of us need to clear some things up. Alucard, I'm sorry that I'm accusing you. I don't take any pleasure into playing into this game these traitors are playing, but do we have any other choice? The way you and Hakuie insinuating my vote as someone trying to help the traitor or someone who doesn't care. That's...."

Clark frown, he seemed not mad, but hurt as he looked for the right words.

"I care. I care a lot. Maybe too much if you ask some of the people here. You may not agree with me, but I'm trying. I'm going to the East wing, if you three care to join me."

@C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @Kaide` @Josh M @Verite @Azuremoon @Hana @Sen

A piano played as the group broke apart, moving and looking around in what seem to be a fruitless search. The first person who found the room, The holy knight, found where the noise leaked from. The room was lightly listen, however lived in. A bar on the right side, a couch on the left. A man behind a piano. The decorations were fancy, and showed influence. A sword here, and mace there. Art that was pristine and of taste. A crucifix laid on the mantel, as green jewels meshed with the gold cross. It was lovely. As the man behind piano stopped, he called to her.

"How was my technique, Miss Riesbyfe? I know the choice of song was... cliché, to say the least. However, as a woman of the arts you should know you can't beat the classics," the man lightly chuckled as he tickled the ivories slightly.

Ries05.png

"I'm personally more privy to Debussy than Beethoven," Riesbyfe said testily, narrowing her eyes deeply at the man, cautiously circling him with her shield equipped as always, "If you know my name... I'll assume the same for the rest of everyone here... and that you too must be working for Umbrella, mister...?"

Frankly, she had no idea who this strange man was, but he took the window of opportunity to introduce himself nonetheless, not just for her sake, but for everyone else who had went to the East Hall as well.

latest

"Lex Luthor. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

The man's hand went to a nearby control pad readily in his grasp. With a press of a button, one of many, the shield maiden fell on the floor in pain, letting out a gasp and a pained groan as she clutched her chest.

"G-Gaahhghh!"

"Debussy? You sound like a woman after my father's heart."

Standing up before the others now, the mysterious man went to the nearby counter, and took the green jeweled rosary. Putting it on the shield maiden's neck, he smiled, before turning to the group as they had stumbled in and greeting them.

"Welcome to my office, everyone! My name is L-"

"Lex! What are you doing here?" A shout was heard in the room as Clark Kent stormed towards him.

However, when Clark made to where the shield maiden laid, a surprising event happen. Clark stopped moving, dropping to the floor in front of Ries and the group. He seemed to be in extreme pain, every inch of being seemed to be inflamed in pain for whatever reason. Blood suddenly dripped from his lip; it seemed as though he bit his lip when he fell.

"I always knew you had a habit of falling for women you admire, Clark. This? This is a little much."

"You... bast...!" Riesbyfe grunted, unable to even finish her sentence as whatever mysterious force activated by Lex's control panel dealt a great deal of pain to her.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @EastHall

"I-I was planning to go that way anyway, country-bumpkin!"

As soon as Clark had approached them, Road hooped backwards before quickly, and obviously, moving a bit behind Alucard - evidence of her remaining mortality.

---

As the group ventured down the hall, until the chilling sound of the piano filled the hall, and the Noah girl was overcome with what humans called 'chills'. This melody... again... it was just like Tyki. Then she saw the source. The bald man, dressed in a sharp suit. This... Lex. As Clark had nearly screamed in her ear, which no longer worried her, as her mortality was very, very far away now.

However the Knight was on the ground. And wincing. A smile unwittingly spread across her face and she leaned forward a bit before she chewed on her cheek in anticipation, her bright eyes throwing daggers at the bald man. Interest and intrigue drowned in her gaze.

@Sen @Hana @Josh M @East Hall​

"As much as I hate rude host, I hope you don't mind servering yourself. Feel free to take full advantage of it. It's fully stock. I have an one hundred year aged wine on the bottom shelf, freshly chilled. Like I said, make yourself at home."

Honesty wasn't a Luthor trait, however it seemed Lex was telling did care about one thing; being a good host.

"No."

Lex ignored the woman's complaints as he turned his head.

"Lex, what are you doing here. You're in league with Umbrella now? When did that happen?"

Lex head swiftly turned towards Clark. Distance clear in the man's eyes.

"When they found you, of course. After your "fortress" crashed down onto us, you were fine. I was near death. Umbrella found out about my background in Bio engineering, I able to rebuild my body, and I helped them with what they wanted. Our goals interline. "

Lex's facial expression showed nothing. He seemed nonplused.

Clark in the meanwhile showed frustration.

" What is this test you have planned."

Smirking, Lex turned away, leaving the room. After a few minutes, Lex came back, this time pushing a wheel chair. In the chair, covered in sack that obscured who they are, a person. Gender and race unknown.

" The French Philosopher Albert Camus once said "Life is a sum of your choices." In this experiment, we're testing that almost literally. This person that you see here stands between the safety of everyone next round and the death of two of you. You have to choice. One, you kill this person, and nobody will die next round. If none of you do kill him or her, Two of you will die by the traitor's hands. Now as you see, you have no idea who this person is. Could be a serial killer, nun, a teacher, a child molester, a single dad. Anyone. Now, you do have the choice of looking at their face and even talk to them. That might make it harder for you to kill them. Knowing things about you victim does make it harder. Are you all going to put yourselves first or some stranger's life?"

@Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Hospes @Verite

Last edited:
"Are you all going to put yourselves first or some stranger's life?"
She hardly even blinked through his whole speech, just letting each word sink in. When he finally finished, she considered for a moment just resisting the demand out of spite, to show she was more than some tool to use in an experiment...but she might very well be one of the two to die. If this guy was telling the truth...she had a lot more to lose that way. There was no intention of dying here, so far away with a bunch of strangers. As such, she just snorted. "That really all you got? I was expecting better." Jinx stepped up closer and barring one of the others present stopping her from doing so, casually fired her gun at the person in the wheelchair.

"The first one. Duh."

@Josh M @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @EastHall

"As much as I hate rude host, I hope you don't mind servering yourself. Feel free to take full advantage of it. It's fully stock. I have an one hundred year aged wine on the bottom shelf, freshly chilled. Like I said, make yourself at home."

Honesty wasn't a Luthor trait, however it seemed Lex was telling did care about one thing; being a good host.

"No."

"Lex, what are you doing here. You're in league with Umbrella now? When did that happen?"

"When they found you, of course. After your "fortress" crashed down onto us, you were fine. I was near death. Umbrella found out about my background in Bio engineering, I able to rebuild my body, and I helped them with what they wanted. Our goals interline. "

Smirking, Lex turned away, leaving the room. After a few minutes, Lex came back, this time pushing a wheel chair. In the chair, covered in sack that obscured who they are, a person. Gender and race unknown.

" The French Philosopher Albert Camus once said "Life is a sum of your choices." In this experiment, we're testing that almost literally. This person that you see here stands between safety of everyone next round and the death of two of you. You have to choice. One, you kill this person, and nobody will die next round. If none of you do kill him or her, Two of you will die by the traitor's hands. Now as you see, you have no idea who this person is. Could be a serial killer, nun, a teacher, a child molester, a single dad. Anyone. Now, you do have the choice of looking at their face and even talk to them. That might make it harder for you to kill them. Knowing things about you victim does make it harder. Are you all going to put yourselves first or some stranger's life?"

@Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Hospes @Verite

A snap echoed through the hall as Luthor spoke. It would be revealed that the snap had come from Road's fingers, and the result of the sound was three candles appearing over the individual in the wheel chair, and by proximity, Lex himself. The girl sat back, seeming to sit on nothing at all as her feet left the ground and she levitated on nothing against the very laws of physics. The candles began to move - one pointing downwards at the head of the inhabitant of the wheel chair like a cute guillotine. The other two pointed out towards the crowd. Towards their group of comrades. The presence of this Lex Luthor... there was something dark in him that stirred the malevolence that had only manifested as impish prying thus far.

FWWBFRC.gif

"So they die and the traitor magically doesn't kill two of us? Those two might be Ally and Haku, so I'll grant them a quick death. This test is ridiculous. Whoever would hesitate is a fool."

Road paused.

"How does it stop them? I assume Umbrella simply won't take them over and make 'em kill anyone-"

A series of veins became visible, expanding from the Noah's left eye before she pointed at the wheelchair and the candle above them, again, like a guillotine, dropped towards the chair propelled by more than gravity. One of the other three candles moved away from the group though, and this one aimed towards Lex himself. This man was intriguing, and interesting, and made her want to see what would happen if she stopped wanting to not be evil... but she wouldn't let anyone be a conduit of evil to her. If whoever was in the wheelchair had to die... so did he. Eventually.

Clark had stopped Jinx, who seemed just as eager as Road, and in that moment of the boyscout being distracted, Road wondered if he was the traitor. Why was he risking two of their lives for this one? Human lives were meaningless, and if Road could slaughter everyone in here to ensure Alucard and Haku- she stopped her train of thought...

Perhaps... she was a bit obsessive.

Oh well.​

@Josh M @East Hall @Verite

Last edited:

"No."

" The French Philosopher Albert Camus once said "Life is a sum of your choices." In this experiment, we're testing that almost literally. This person that you see here stands between safety of everyone next round and the death of two of you. You have to choice. One, you kill this person, and nobody will die next round. If none of you do kill him or her, Two of you will die by the traitor's hands. Now as you see, you have no idea who this person is. Could be a serial killer, nun, a teacher, a child molester, a single dad. Anyone. Now, you do have the choice of looking at their face and even talk to them. That might make it harder for you to kill them. Knowing things about you victim does make it harder. Are you all going to put yourselves first or some stranger's life?"

Admittedly, the moment Clark and Riesbyfe fell, Setsuna went on the defensive, prepared to attack... Only to find that, well, it seemed that Shirou didn't. In fact, he acted completely casually. So... What exactly did that mean?

@Verite @Josh M @Kaykay
While Lex stepped out of the room for a bit, Shirou leaned in to whisper to Setsuna. "If we take his controller, we lose. We beat the shit outta'em, we lose. Even if we kill the baldy, we lose. So, we gotta restrain him. Find some way to do that, okay?"

Though as he suggested that, Lex came back into the room with his little "experiment." He was about to whip out his own gun and fire to prove his point, but it seemed Jinx had beaten him to the punch. Not entirely though, since her shot had missed. When Clark rushed up to stop her, he decided against just firing for now. That probably wasn't going to solve anything, and it wasn't like this Lex guy had any credibility to his claim about the traitors. This was just an experiment after all, in his own words.

"It's called order of priorities. Do I value our lives, or this person's? They better have somethin' real good going for them to make me pick'em over us. So yeah, in your little game, bang. He's dead. Any more questions?"

@Josh M @C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @EastHall

"Yeah, sure, whatever." 18 responded as she took the lead. "If anyone of you get killed that's on you."

Pushing open the double doors the group found themselves in a dimly lit dining hall. "Cozy..." 18 deadpanned stepping further in for a look.​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @penguin055 @Westhall
Domon followed Android 18 into the room with the others. "Looks like some sort of dining room," said the young man, his eyes wandering around the room, taking in his surroundings. "Doesn't seem like it's been used all that recently, though." He walked up to the painting on the wall and put his hands on his hips as he studied it. "Whoever owns this place certainly has a unique taste in art." Once he had his fill of the painting, he began to walk around, looking for anything of note in the room.

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @WestHall

Surprising, the bullet missed.

"Really? Right off the bat? I have to admit, I am impressed! I suggest next time you aim two towards the body, one to the head. Less likely to miss."

Not surprising, Clark zoomed behind Jinx, grabbing her arm.

"Stop! You're just playing into Lex's hand. Killing this person solves nothing."
"..." She raised an eyebrow, head tilting to the side as she looked at her gun/familiar. "Kuro, what the heck is wrong with your aim--" She turned and glared at Clark as he clutched her arm. "Well look at that. Guess that green rock wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Ya still got enough in you to play naïve boyscout." She briefly wondered if she could take him now, weakened as he was. There were more important things to do though. First Star wouldn't let her hear the end of it if she tried. "Mind letting go of the arm, yeah? And it seemed the easiest solution to me. Kill one, save two? That's basic math."
"This test is ridiculous. Whoever would hesitate is a fool."

"It's called order of priorities. Do I value our lives, or this person's? They better have somethin' real good going for them to make me pick'em over us. So yeah, in your little game, bang. He's dead. Any more questions?"

"No."

She hardly even blinked through his whole speech, just letting each word sink in. When he finally finished, she considered for a moment just resisting the demand out of spite, to show she was more than some tool to use in an experiment...but she might very well be one of the two to die. If this guy was telling the truth...she had a lot more to lose that way. There was no intention of dying here, so far away with a bunch of strangers. As such, she just snorted. "That really all you got? I was expecting better." Jinx stepped up closer and barring one of the others present stopping her from doing so, casually fired her gun at the person in the wheelchair.

"The first one. Duh."

"Really? Right off the bat? I have to admit, I am impressed! I suggest next time you aim two towards the body, one to the head. Less likely to miss."

"Stop! You're just playing into Lex's hand. Killing this person solves nothing."

@C.T. @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @Azuremoon @Sen @Hana

A snap echoed through the hall as Luthor spoke. It would be revealed that the snap had come from Road's fingers, and the result of the sound was three candles appearing over the individual in the wheel chair, and by proximity, Lex himself. The girl sat back, seeming to sit on nothing at all as her feet left the ground and she levitated on nothing against the very laws of physics. The candles began to move - one pointing downwards at the head of the inhabitant of the wheel chair like a cute guillotine. The other two pointed out towards the crowd. Towards their group of comrades. The presence of this Lex Luthor... there was something dark in him that stirred the malevolence that had only manifested as impish prying thus far.

FWWBFRC.gif

"So they die and the traitor magically doesn't kill two of us? Those two might be Ally and Haku, so I'll grant them a quick death. This test is ridiculous. Whoever would hesitate is a fool."

Road paused.

"How does it stop them? I assume Umbrella simply won't take them over and make 'em kill anyone-"

A series of veins became visible, expanding from the Noah's left eye before she pointed at the wheelchair and the candle above them, again, like a guillotine, dropped towards the chair propelled by more than gravity. One of the other three candles moved away from the group though, and this one aimed towards Lex himself. This man was intriguing, and interesting, and made her want to see what would happen if she stopped wanting to not be evil... but she wouldn't let anyone be a conduit of evil to her. If whoever was in the wheelchair had to die... so did he. Eventually.

Clark had stopped Jinx, who seemed just as eager as Road, and in that moment of the boyscout being distracted, Road wondered if he was the traitor. Why was he risking two of their lives for this one? Human lives were meaningless, and if Road could slaughter everyone in here to ensure Alucard and Haku- she stopped her train of thought...

Oh well.​

While Lex stepped out of the room for a bit, Shirou leaned in to whisper to Setsuna. "If we take his controller, we lose. We beat the shit outta'em, we lose. Even if we kill the baldy, we lose. So, we gotta restrain him. Find some way to do that, okay?"

Though as he suggested that, Lex came back into the room with his little "experiment." He was about to whip out his own gun and fire to prove his point, but it seemed Jinx had beaten him to the punch. Not entirely though, since her shot had missed. When Clark rushed up to stop her, he decided against just firing for now. That probably wasn't going to solve anything, and it wasn't like this Lex guy had any credibility to his claim about the traitors. This was just an experiment after all, in his own words.

So it was up to killing a single person... to stop the traitors from killing two? That sounded way too good to be true. That was what Blake was thinking, but a part of his... old self was tempted to give it a shot. He is still a killer for hire. That was what he became after all: a killer that kills killers.

tumblr_inline_ng0i81i3mO1shpc29.png

"... PWM activate. Battle protocol 03."

Tapping the side of his cube, Blake took a hold of his projected scythe. Not exactly saying much to the others, Blake silently swung his scythe at the wheelchair-bound person, but not to decapitate or anything like that. More so... he aimed to tear open the sack that obscured this one person's identity.

tumblr_inline_n3ktcfBM6U1sy4uqk.png

"I rather know on who's on the chopping block before I do the deed... A hired killer like myself should know who gets snuffed out so I can say that I did and whatnot."

Unlike how he had been before, Blake wasn't as optimistic and bright as he used to be.

@Josh M @C.T. @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @EastHall

"Look at this! I must say, I am thankful you're all more than willing to agree with me. Just in case you're wondering I am the liaison to the traitor. No kill they've done I haven't known about. Also, remember Eliot ? The one who know died randomly? How he died? Well, I run into him after I met with the traitors. I shot him in the head before he even realized it was me. I do what I have to do. "

Meanwhile, Clark stared athe willing to kill the person out right. How could they be so callus? Sternly, and grip still tight, Clark spoke peace.

"You can't trust Lex! I know him. This is a ploy for something. Just watch."

Well, they would watch.....

The sacks tore apart with ease. Lex's face smirked devilishly as Clark's grip on Jinx loosed.

"No......"

latest

"Lana!"

The woman named Lana eyes opened, seein bothg Clark and Lex, along with stranger's , a look confusion was evident.

Clark? What's going on? Who are these people? What the hell is going on? Lex......"

The woman's eye narrowed as she tried breaking out of her bound.

"Inductions are in order. This is Lana Lang. My ex-wife, and the love of Clark Kent's life. What can I say? I have chance of getting revenge on the two people who destroyed me, well I am going to take it. Beware the fury of a patient man."

"You're insanity is toxic, Lex.."

Lana's word's spat like venom as she looked at the group. Clark knew could go near here. Something was going to happen. he knew Lex.

@Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon

Last edited:
Lucifer observed what his friend was doing and he looked over at him, worried himself.
" Penny, I don't think your fears aren't unfounded. We don't know anything about the traitors that are left or even how many there are. But, paicking and being paranoid about everything is most certainly playing into their hands. Fear and doubt are dangerous now."

Lucifer wasn't the best at comforting, so that was the best he had to offer.

Penny stared at Lucy, and rolled his eyes.

"I don't recall asking anything to Panic. If anything, I don't think there's ever a reason to actually ASK people to Panic. Sounds like a very bad plan."
Hopefully they've learned something new​

FWWBFRC.gif

Road paused.

Oh well.​

"Look at this! I must say, I am thankful you're all more than willing to agree with me. Just in case you're worried I am the liaison to the traitor. No kill they've done I haven't know about. Also, remember Eliot ? The one who know died randomly? How he died? Well, I run into him after I met with the traitors. I shot him in the head before he even realized it was me. I do what I have to do. "

Meanwhile, Clark stared athe willing to kill the person out right. How could they be so callus? Sternly, and grip still tight, Clark spoke peace.

The sacks tore apart with ease. Lex's face smirked devilishly as Clark's grip on Jinx loosed.

"No......"

latest

"Lana!"

The woman named Lana eyes opened, seein bothg Clark and Lex, along with stranger's , a look confusion was evident.

Clark? What's going on? Who are these people? What the hell is going on? Lex......"

"Inductions are in order. This is Lana Lang. My ex-wife, and the love of Clark Kent's life. What can I say? I have chance of getting revenge on the two people who destroyed me, well I am going to take it. Beware the fury of a patient man."

Lana's word's spat like venom as she looked at the group. Clark knew could go near here. Something was going to happen. he knew Lex.

@Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon
36Qs6zs.jpg

Are you all going to put yourselves first or some stranger's life?

"You sicken me..."

Hakuei sounded horrified and at a loss on what to say.

Just seeing Clark's reaction made her feel more than sorry for the man. This bald stranger presented such a cruel test to them, but it was cruel most of all on Clark Kent. If that lady was truly the love of his life, and judging by his drastic reaction, it was...

If it truly was the life of one to save the life of two others... Was it really worth it? And if this woman died, they were also taking Clark Kent's life in a way. It wouldn't just kill one person, but two.

It was one of those old philosophical debates that people loved so much to discuss, but when they were faced with it, what could they do in this situation?

ISeXapJ.jpg

She remembered a version of this. Five people were about to be killed on one side of you that you could stop, but on the other side there was one person also about to be killed. You had to pick out who you wanted to save. The idea of the sacrifice of one life just to save more people was horrible no matter which way you put it. But it had to be done. On the battlefield, two soldiers were worth more than one, and saving more lives was better than wasting a handful just for the sake of one person.

But if she was in Clark's place and it was someone she cared about, like her brother, she had no doubt she would save Hakuryuu and let the others die. If it was also Alucard or Road, maybe even... The latter had even made her opinion clear. She would rather keep two allies safe instead of saving a random person in the group.

This deal, however, still seemed too... Gracious of the enemy for her to believe. She doubted Umbrella or anyone affiliated with that organization had the honor to uphold any deal they made.

If only there was a way to get around this man's bind on them.

QpL2A1F.jpg

"Your kind does not have the honor to uphold your ends of any deal."

@Sen @Azuremoon @Josh M @Jeremi @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Crow

This whole thing was beyond Clark's original thought how this would all go down. Walking towards Road, Clark's eyes looked with Alucard and Hakuie. Hakuie was someone who was tough and stonger than she seemed, it reminded him of Lois Lane, expect Hakuie didn't same nearly as Rude. Maybe Stubborn, but that'd be judging. Clark made his way to the pair, he knew he was most likely the last person they trio would want to see.

92e789b89d6de757c88e525a0aa8188a.jpg

"I think the four of us need to clear some things up. Alucard, I'm sorry that I'm accusing you. I don't take any pleasure into playing into this game these traitors are playing, but do we have any other choice? The way you and Hakuie insinuating my vote as someone trying to help the traitor or someone who doesn't care. That's...."

Clark frown, he seemed not mad, but hurt as he looked for the right words.

"I care. I care a lot. Maybe too much if you ask some of the people here. You may not agree with me, but I'm trying. I'm going to the East wing, if you three care to join me."

@C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @Kaide` @Josh M @Verite @Azuremoon @Hana @Sen
vBtL8ul.png

"Apologies, Sir Clark. I am afraid human emotions are not my forte. I simply state what I think." He closed his eyes and sighed, finding interactions with so many people difficult. "Perhaps we have, what you humans say - gotten off on the wrong foot. I would like to make amends, continuing with hostility will get us nowhere. I will join you then," Alucard murmured, nodding to Clark and Road.

Not only that, but there was something about the glint in her eyes when Road said which path she had wanted to take that disturbed the dhampir. He wasn't sure if he might see something he'd rather not down the East Wing, but that was fine. He had... allies with him.
Hm, were they more than allies now?

LtJGRRL.png

He turned to the alchemist and nodded his head once. "I am afraid I must accompany some to the East Wing, but please, feel free to join us as well."​

@Crow
FWWBFRC.gif

Road paused.
Oh well.​

"Look at this! I must say, I am thankful you're all more than willing to agree with me. Just in case you're worried I am the liaison to the traitor. No kill they've done I haven't know about. Also, remember Eliot ? The one who know died randomly? How he died? Well, I run into him after I met with the traitors. I shot him in the head before he even realized it was me. I do what I have to do. "

"No......"

latest

"Lana!"

36Qs6zs.jpg

"You sicken me..."

Just seeing Clark's reaction made her feel more than sorry for the man. This bald stranger presented such a cruel test to them, but it was cruel most of all on Clark Kent. If that lady was truly the love of his life, and judging by his drastic reaction, it was...

If it truly was the life of one to save the life of two others... Was it really worth it? And if this woman died, they were also taking Clark Kent's life in a way. It wouldn't just kill one person, but two.

It was one of those old philosophical debates that people loved so much to discuss, but when they were faced with it, what could they do in this situation?

ISeXapJ.jpg

She remembered a version of this. Five people were about to be killed on one side of you that you could stop, but on the other side there was one person also about to be killed. You had to pick out who you wanted to save. The idea of the sacrifice of one life just to save more people was horrible no matter which way you put it. But it had to be done. On the battlefield, two soldiers were worth more than one, and saving more lives was better than wasting a handful just for the sake of one person.

But if she was in Clark's place and it was someone she cared about, like her brother, she had no doubt she would save Hakuryuu and let the others die. If it was also Alucard or Road, maybe even... The latter had even made her opinion clear. She would rather keep two allies safe instead of saving a random person in the group.

This deal, however, still seemed too... Gracious of the enemy for her to believe. She doubted Umbrella or anyone affiliated with that organization had the honor to uphold any deal they made.

QpL2A1F.jpg

ebHsJpE.png

A hostage situation was something that the dhampir might have read in a book, but now one of such nature was happening before his very eyes. Unfortunately, now was also one of those times where the dhampir simply... could not relate. He had never experienced something like this before, nor had he ever had people close enough to him that if they were taken hostage, he would react just like Clark and evidently Hakuei. His mother... had passed on. His father was a monster who only had a cold heart. Who else was there? Nobody, nobody else. He was a lonely creature, and to suddenly be thrust in a room where he was sure others were having irrational and foolish thoughts about how to tackle the situation.... what was he to say?​
He was already being suspected, one wrong word and the traitor could run rampant once more, if they all pointed fingers at him.

"I do not trust you, villain. And I am sure nobody here does. Insects like you are incapable of promises. They only know betrayal."​

kSxgSHh.png

"The possibilities are endless. Perhaps she is not who she really is, or she is a fake. Either way, to play with the emotions of man, you are a sick, sick creature."

"The first one. Duh."

"No......"

latest

"Lana!"

36Qs6zs.jpg

"You sicken me..."

ISeXapJ.jpg

QpL2A1F.jpg

Ries06.png

"W-Wait, stop!" Riesbyfe exclaimed as Jinx was about to shoot the masked individual without any hesitation, though through some miraculous twist of fate, possibly the work of divine intervention, the shot had missed the mystery hostage, and as expected once Clark had regained his strength upon being dragged away by Blake, he went ahead and reprimanded the trigger-happy woman, though it seemed to fall on deaf ears, as to the noble knight's dismay, others in the area such as Shirou and Road didn't seem to find much qualm in performing the kill. Of course, at the very least, others such as Alucard and Hakuei were willing to speak against even entertaining the thought of committing such an atrocity, but if this went on, everyone would be inevitably pit against each other, just as Umbrella had clearly been intending to do all this time during their time in the base.

Struggling to stand on her feet once again despite the searing pain, Riesbyfe was hoping she wouldn't be counted out of the exchange just yet. "I've not known you for very long, Lex Luthor... but I can already tell... you're not a man. To hide behind a crudely made machine and put others in this sort of position for your own amusement..." Riesbyfe began, unable to even fathom thoughts on how to describe him, especially in her condition, but she was eventually able to think of at least one thing.

"If you fancy yourself a well-read man, talking of gods and myths and Camus, then perhaps you are aware of Nietzsche as well..." She breathed, gazing at the bald man with fiery eyes, "... Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. You've certainly fallen down that abyss long ago, but I implore you... You do not have to do this! You... You can still...!" She began, before trailing off once the woman was unmasked, and Lex continued speaking.

Lex's ex-wife? The love of... Clark's life?

A twinge of pain that was not brought about by Lex's panel was felt in Ries's chest, but she pushed it aside momentarily to focus on the matter at hand. It was true that this was all some sort of elaborate trick, perhaps an illusion or so conjured up by Luthor, but... Was she willing to risk it? Or would that selfish desire, like a devil inside her, inherent to her just as it was to all humans, cloud her judgment here and now?

Looking to Clark, Riesbyfe struggled to make her way toward him, falling to her knees once she had moved again, her outstretched arms the only things supporting her up. "C-Clark..."

She could hardly say much more at the moment.

@Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @C.T. @Kaykay @Hospes @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @EastHall

Last edited:

Continued from here.
Chapter Four
"Keeper of the Reaper"

The Story So Far
In the aftermath of the massacre of a few members of the group at the hands of the horrifying Nemesis monster, another murder had been committed by one of the mysterious Traitors within the group, taking the lives of Inspector Navel and Naomi Kimishima. After a heated debate, the room was settled on Azura of Nohr, who was revealed to indeed be one of the Traitors, acting under the forced influence of another's power, though with the help of Wanda Maximoff, the influence was lifted from her mind, and thus, the group continued forward, and upon reaching the next crossroads, split up into two groups depending on where they had went; the Drug Manufacturing and Virus Studies locations.
Those who had wandered into the Drug Manufacturing area came into contact with another nefarious member of Umbrella known as Morpheus D. Duvall, engaging in battle with and eventually managing to defeat him, while those who had went to the Virus Studies encountered a man known as Milton Mamet, revealed to be working to find a way to cure the T-Virus.
After the areas had been cleared out, leading both parties to the same destination where they reunited, they prepared to use the elevator they had found in order to advance to the next level, but before they could, they were rocked by an explosion, and upon investigating it, finding that three more of their group had been murdered under their noses; Jabber, Doremi, and Ada Wong, leading to yet another heated debate on who the Traitors might be, before the majority eventually settled on Jinx.

tumblr_inline_oi02gd7ihv1uxo55n_540.png

"Looks like a close one, but if more people are for Jinx then..." Wanda commented once it seemed that the tide of the vote wouldn't be changing from there. Activating her power now that it had managed to return to her momentarily, the young woman approached Jinx and waved her arms about, hands glowing with her signature mysterious red energy, as she attempted to peer into Jinx's mind.
Like before, the process took a small while, the suspense causing even the disciplined Riesbyfe to bite her lip uneasily. Eventually though, Wanda would manage to finish, the red energy dissipating as she let out a tired sigh, stepping away from Jinx and looking at the others with a regretful expression.
"I am sorry... But this one is innocent as well."
Ries05.png

"Tch... Then that means... The perpetrator, or perpetrators, managed to get away with it again," Riesbyfe spoke through frustration, regretting that they weren't so lucky like last time to catch another Traitor within their midst.
Shaking her head, she let out a sigh, before proceeding to face everyone. "Well, we've used up Wanda's power for now, so there's nothing to be done about second and third guesses. All we can do now is press on forward, unless we intend for our suspicions and fears to overtake us and tear us apart like Umbrella surely intends," Riesbyfe spoke, hesitantly turning around and walking back towards the elevator that the group had left.
As everyone eventually returned to the elevator, the doors opening up revealing the room to be big enough to hold everyone around, Riesbyfe pressed the top button on the elevator as soon as the rest of the group entered, a conspicuous button that simply said "M." With that, the doors closed and the ride up to wherever their next destination was began.
"God, what a fucking mess," Adam groaned as he leaned against the far wall in the elevator after a brief, uncomfortable silence, crossing his arms, "I just had to end up in the goddamn world where everyone's killing each other with magic and zombies and shit... Why couldn't I end up somewhere like fuckin'... Akibahara? Then at least I'd be able to get a borrower's copy of Super Innocent Lolis 5! And then Cent would stop bothering me about it..."
leon21.png

"..."
Leon shot Adam a judgmental look that was silent, yet spoke volumes, before eventually opening his mouth to speak after an uncomfortable silence.
"I'm gonna ignore most of whatever the hell you just said, though... I don't know much about Japan, but by Akibahara, do you actually mean like, the city Akihabara instead?"
"What? No, it's Akibahara. I think I would know," Adam replied gruffly, gesturing at himself with his thumb, as if to point out his own Japanese appearance.
"Isn't it technically Akibagahara or something like that?" Claire piped up.
"Quiet! Stay focused, everyone!" Riesbyfe exclaimed, attempting to hush up the inane conversation going on behind her.
Eventually, with a DING sound, the elevator doors opened, this time revealing a more unexpected sight before everyone.
Foyer-copy.jpg

Rather than something that looked like a massive laboratory or facility, the place that greeted the group instead was what looked to be an old mansion, dark and decrepit, completely unlike the areas that everyone had been traversing through before.
Looking around, almost incredulous at the abrupt change of scenery, Riesbyfe looked around, as though trying to take it all in. "What...?"
tumblr_inline_oi02klTdZl1uxo55n_540.png

"It looks as though they've... redecorated after taking the base away from S.H.I.E.L.D., but how...?" Wanda commented, also looking surprised as Riesbyfe.
"Well... Perhaps it matters little. Different locales simply indicates we aren't going in circles, and in turn, that we are getting closer to the device that can get us back home," Riesbyfe said, calming herself and adjusting her metal gauntlets, stepping forward out of the elevator and into the mansion-looking area, "It appears as though we'll have to split up once again if we intend to cover more ground and find where to go next. I will pray for the safety of everyone, but do be careful."
With that, it seemed that there were two notable places to go like before; the West Hall or the East Hall.
OOC Note: Tag @Jeremi for the West Hall, and for the East Hall, tag myself and @Josh M.
Cast List
@Sen as Alucard (Castlevania)
@Jeremi as Android 18 (Dragon Ball)
@Takumi as Azura of Nohr (Fire Emblem) - TRAITOR!
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi (OC)
@Crow as Cagliostro (Granblue Fantasy)
@CCC Kouhai as Charlotte Wiltshire (Hello Charlotte)
@Josh M as Clark Kent (Smallville)
@Atomyk as Cullen Bloodstone (Marvel Comics)
@DBZ7 as Daizo (OC)
@penguin055 as Domon Kasshu (Gundam)
@Archwar as Fierce-Heart Ali (OC)
@Hana as Hakuei Ren (Magi)
@Crimson Spartan as Jaffar (Fire Emblem)
@thatguyinthestore as Jason Todd (Arkhamverse)
@C.T. as Jinx (League of Legends AU) - INNOCENT!
@The Myrmidon as Joshua (Fire Emblem)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lucifer Morningstar and Linda Martin (Lucifer)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lucio (Overwatch)
@Yang Lee as Kazuo Tengan (Danganronpa)
@MetalNova as Mikoto Kujou (Last Game)
@Kaide` as Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid)
@Mami Tomoe as Nashetania (Rokka no Yusha)
@Verite as Riesbyfe Stridberg (Type-Moon)
@Azuremoon as Road Kamelot (D.Gray-man)
@york as Schala Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Senna (Bleach)
@Hospes as Setsuna (Shattered Angels)
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa (Dies Irae)
@Otto as Twisted Fate (League of Legends)
@Gands as Warpath (Marvel Comics) - INNOCENT!
@Darkseide as William "Penny" Adiyoi (The Magicians)
@Hachiro Terra as Zerberus (Kingdom Hearts OC)
The Deceased
@Tone 6th as Travis Touchdown - DIED! INNOCENT! BLOWN UP!
@Yun Lee as Alice Twilight - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SHOT!
@TheMythicThird as Black Mage Evilwizardington and Fighter McWarrior - DIED! INNOCENT! BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!
@Vyzwx as Overlord Laharl - DIED! INNOCENT! HEAD CRUSHED!
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Sheev Palpatine - DIED! INNOCENT! STABBED!
@Mason Moretti as Naomi Kimishima and Inspector Navel - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED AND BURNT TO A CRISP!
@TheColourlessRainbow as Eliot Waugh - DIED! INNOCENT! WHO KNOWS?!
@Nater Taters as Revy and Rock - DIED! INNOCENT! ROCKETED TO HELL!
@Bomb as Doremi the Meoletta and Jabber the Riolu - MURDERED! INNOCENT! ALSO BLOWN UP!
@Minerva as Ada Wong - MURDERED! INNOCENT! ALSO BLOWN UP!
tumblr_inline_n3ksvd28611sy4uqk.png

"Wrong again..."

Blake couldn't say anything more than that. It was just... infuriating to know that it was as easy as that for the killers to do whatever. If only it were easier to pinpoint the people responsible, but he knew that he had to keep himself in control for the sake of the others present. Especially for Senna and Miku, Blake had to keep himself from letting his "killer" instincts get the best of him when it came to another scenario of someone dying.

tumblr_inline_ng0i907pUZ1shpc29.png

"Senna, Miku, stay close to me. The more I see this occur, the more I feel like not trusting certain others... I suggest we scope out what the East Hall has to offer."

He knew that he was bordering the line between humility and possessiveness, but he couldn't stand the idea of someone he had sworn to protect being harmed in any way possible. He wasn't going to allow that. Not here. Not now. Not ever.

@Verite @Josh M @Kaide` @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @East Hall​

A piano played as the group broke apart, moving and looking around in what seem to be a fruitless search. The first person who found the room, The holy knight, found where the noise leaked from. The room was lightly listen, however lived in. A bar on the right side, a couch on the left. A man behind a piano. The decorations were fancy, and showed influence. A sword here, and mace there. Art that was pristine and of taste. A crucifix laid on the mantel, as green jewels meshed with the gold cross. It was lovely. As the man behind piano stopped, he called to her.

"How was my technique, Miss Riesbyfe? I know the choice of song was... cliché, to say the least. However, as a woman of the arts you should know you can't beat the classics," the man lightly chuckled as he tickled the ivories slightly.

Ries05.png

"I'm personally more privy to Debussy than Beethoven," Riesbyfe said testily, narrowing her eyes deeply at the man, cautiously circling him with her shield equipped as always, "If you know my name... I'll assume the same for the rest of everyone here... and that you too must be working for Umbrella, mister...?"

Frankly, she had no idea who this strange man was, but he took the window of opportunity to introduce himself nonetheless, not just for her sake, but for everyone else who had went to the East Hall as well.

latest

The man's hand went to a nearby control pad readily in his grasp. With a press of a button, one of many, the shield maiden fell on the floor in pain, letting out a gasp and a pained groan as she clutched her chest.

"G-Gaahhghh!"

Standing up before the others now, the mysterious man went to the nearby counter, and took the green jeweled rosary. Putting it on the shield maiden's neck, he smiled, before turning to the group as they had stumbled in and greeting them.

"Lex! What are you doing here?" A shout was heard in the room as Clark Kent stormed towards him.

However, when Clark made to where the shield maiden laid, a surprising event happen. Clark stopped moving, dropping to the floor in front of Ries and the group. He seemed to be in extreme pain, every inch of being seemed to be inflamed in pain for whatever reason. Blood suddenly dripped from his lip; it seemed as though he bit his lip when he fell.

"I always knew you had a habit of falling for women you admire, Clark. This? This is a little much."

"You... bast...!" Riesbyfe grunted, unable to even finish her sentence as whatever mysterious force activated by Lex's control panel dealt a great deal of pain to her.

Once the silence went away upon arriving at the East Hall, Blake saw that they weren't alone here upon seeing Lex. He could watch to see what was to happen to Riesbyfe and Clark the moment they approached Lex... Resisting the urge to outright activate his PWM and get himself into the same situation, Blake sent an intense glare over at the man's general direction.

tumblr_inline_ng0i7r1ZqJ1shpc29.png

"Alright... you're giving me every reason right now to cut you down... so do you mind explaining yourself before I do that?"

As he said this, Blake rested his hand near the PWM cube latched onto his belt.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @EastHall​
latest

"...Greeeat. Another smart guy type, thinking he could treat us like his experiments. I'm not just someone to test whatever you want. I will never be that, if I have anything to say about it. What if, baldy, I say that you're bluffing? If your little control panel could kill us all, what would you need the stupid green rocks for? Wasted overkill if ya ask me. Maybe I'm wrong and that thing really does what you say it will. Who knows? Might be honest, but maybe I'm just crazy enough to find out for certain."
"............................................But I'm not nuts enough to try it without hearing you go on. Fighting chance against the traitors, huh?"

"No......"

latest

"Lana!"

36Qs6zs.jpg

"You sicken me..."

ISeXapJ.jpg

QpL2A1F.jpg

Ries06.png

"W-Wait, stop!" Riesbyfe exclaimed as Jinx was about to shoot the masked individual without any hesitation, though through some miraculous twist of fate, possibly the work of divine intervention, the shot had missed the mystery hostage, and as expected once Clark had regained his strength upon being dragged away by Blake, he went ahead and reprimanded the trigger-happy woman, though it seemed to fall on deaf ears, as to the noble knight's dismay, others in the area such as Shirou and Road didn't seem to find much qualm in performing the kill. Of course, at the very least, others such as Alucard and Hakuei were willing to speak against even entertaining the thought of committing such an atrocity, but if this went on, everyone would be inevitably pit against each other, just as Umbrella had clearly been intending to do all this time during their time in the base.
Struggling to stand on her feet once again despite the searing pain, Riesbyfe was hoping she wouldn't be counted out of the exchange just yet. "I've not known you for very long, Lex Luthor... but I can already tell... you're not a man. To hide behind a crudely made machine and put others in this sort of position for your own amusement..." Riesbyfe began, unable to even fathom thoughts on how to describe him, especially in her condition, but she was eventually able to think of at least one thing.
"If you fancy yourself a well-read man, talking of gods and myths and Camus, then perhaps you are aware of Nietzsche as well..." She breathed, gazing at the bald man with fiery eyes, "... Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. You've certainly fallen down that abyss long ago, but I implore you... You do not have to do this! You... You can still...!" She began, before trailing off once the woman was unmasked, and Lex continued speaking.
A twinge of pain that was not brought about by Lex's panel was felt in Ries's chest, but she pushed it aside momentarily to focus on the matter at hand. It was true that this was all some sort of elaborate trick, perhaps an illusion or so conjured up by Luthor, but... Was she willing to risk it? Or would that selfish desire, like a devil inside her, inherent to her just as it was to all humans, cloud her judgment here and now?
Looking to Clark, Riesbyfe struggled to make her way toward him, falling to her knees once she had moved again, her outstretched arms the only things supporting her up. "C-Clark..."
@Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @C.T. @Kaykay @Hospes @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @EastHall
Schala Zeal
@Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Josh M
@East Hall

Innocent... Jinx was innocent...

The votes had been close... Very close indeed, and Schala wished she had said more, as now, she would not know if her vote was correct for a while... But nonetheless, she would regard Alucard with alot more caution than she did before.

Without a single word, she stepped into the elevator with the others, quietly listening to the conversation going on around her... But she was only half listening.

Most of her attention was focused on trying to figure out Umbrella, and by extention, the traitors' next move.

Whenever, and wherever they'd strike, Schala knew she would have to stay vigilant... Not just for her own sake, but for the sake of the rest of her group.

When the elevator doors opened, it would appear that they were quite aways from SHIELD, a different locale entirely... Which puzzled her a little, but all the same, it at least meant they were making progress.

Seeing as those she had familiarized herself had already found a location to go to, she decided to follow those headed to the East Hall, and as such, encountered a man known as Lex Luthor.

She let out a startled gasp as Riesbyfe suddenly appeared to have been dealt a great force of pain... Which caused Schala to wince herself, the sight causing her heart to wrench a little.

This was only furthered by the pain Clark had suddenly undergone, by something called "kryptonite"... His weakness it seemed, as it had the ability to kill him, despite his indestructability to nearly anything else...

It seemed that even the greatest of powers, had their weaknesses.

Seeing the pain that Lex had the potential to cause, Schala finally decided to speak out, desperately trying to strike some sort of... Bargain with him, naively hoping that he would keep his word, somehow.

"Please... ! I'll... ... Do whatever you ask... Just... Don't hurt them anymore..." She said, a look of anguish clearly on her face.

It looks like Schala was willing to take Lex up on his offer, hoping that they could avoid any more pain, or death that might be cast upon the group...

Even if she did not know many here as well as she wanted to, the thought of them suffering at the hands of the likes of Lex, or Umbrella was too much to bear... Perhaps because of the cruel hand she had been dealt, by her own mother...

Whatever the case may be... It seemed that she was willing to do whatever it took, to see to it that her group was safe... Somehow, even if her own wellbeing was at stake...​

Ries05.png

latest

"G-Gaahhghh!"

Once the silence went away upon arriving at the East Hall, Blake saw that they weren't alone here upon seeing Lex. He could watch to see what was to happen to Riesbyfe and Clark the moment they approached Lex... Resisting the urge to outright activate his PWM and get himself into the same situation, Blake sent an intense glare over at the man's general direction.

tumblr_inline_ng0i7r1ZqJ1shpc29.png

"Alright... you're giving me every reason right now to cut you down... so do you mind explaining yourself before I do that?"

As he said this, Blake rested his hand near the PWM cube latched onto his belt.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @EastHall​

latest

It took a lot of willpower to keep himself from lashing out at Lex, resulting with Blake wasting no time to pull Clark away. He wasn't going to allow anyone to get killed on his watch, not like this... He had a feeling that this "social experiment" would be a double-edged blade, if this was to be used in a way to counter the traitors that they were dealing with at the same time since this all started.

tumblr_inline_ng0i7xEXyS1shpc29.png

"Go on. Tell us what your experiment is. Then I'll say my own opinion about it."

@Verite @Josh M @Kaykay

SPYgm8P.jpg

When Hakuei took Road's hand, she'd find that the Noah was trembling. For the first time in this reality, Road had shown her physical strength, Which had, even at this point, had left her extremely vulnerable. Road could feel her heart beating in her chest and her pulse beating through her wrists and ears. Right now, if the traitor sprung, Road had the chance of actually dying, and mortality was something she hadn't faced in many, many decades.

"Hakuei..."

Road began in a voice that was as shaky as her hand.

"Thank you for pulling me away... I don't have an excuse for my behavi-"

Road, it was her turn now, was dumbstruck. Hakuei had voted for Alucard and it, for a moment, let Road forget about her temporary mortality.. The point that Hakuei and Alucard were trying to make might as well have been invisible to the Noah. Such things... were inconceivable - and not a whole lot was inconceivable to a girl who could jump through the multiverse. Only theology.

The funk was shaken off of Road after Alucard spoke, and it was a much needed eye opener. The Noah blinked and took in the sudden change of scenery - "Tyki...?" Road muttered, suddenly, quickly walking away from Alucard and Hakuei a couple of steps before stopping. No. No, if a version of Tyki existed in this world... Road would've felt it long ago. Once more, she shook her head. Until she felt... felt something. It lead east of them and was one of the two paths they were once more diverging from their group between.

"The East Hall. I'm going down the East Hall."

The Amber eyes of the small girl were... different. Glazed over. There was a menacing presence in that direction, and it beckoned to her. Something called, and Road needed to answer it.

"I... would very much enjoy if you two came with me..."

Road looked back at them before turning away and beginning away, that is until-​

"I-I was planning to go that way anyway, country-bumpkin!"

As soon as Clark had approached them, Road hooped backwards before quickly, and obviously, moving a bit behind Alucard - evidence of her remaining mortality.

---

As the group ventured down the hall, until the chilling sound of the piano filled the hall, and the Noah girl was overcome with what humans called 'chills'. This melody... again... it was just like Tyki. Then she saw the source. The bald man, dressed in a sharp suit. This... Lex. As Clark had nearly screamed in her ear, which no longer worried her, as her mortality was very, very far away now.

However the Knight was on the ground. And wincing. A smile unwittingly spread across her face and she leaned forward a bit before she chewed on her cheek in anticipation, her bright eyes throwing daggers at the bald man. Interest and intrigue drowned in her gaze.

@Sen @Hana @Josh M @East Hall​

"No."

" The French Philosopher Albert Camus once said "Life is a sum of your choices." In this experiment, we're testing that almost literally. This person that you see here stands between the safety of everyone next round and the death of two of you. You have to choice. One, you kill this person, and nobody will die next round. If none of you do kill him or her, Two of you will die by the traitor's hands. Now as you see, you have no idea who this person is. Could be a serial killer, nun, a teacher, a child molester, a single dad. Anyone. Now, you do have the choice of looking at their face and even talk to them. That might make it harder for you to kill them. Knowing things about you victim does make it harder. Are you all going to put yourselves first or some stranger's life?"

"The first one. Duh."

@C.T. @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @Azuremoon @Sen @Hana

FWWBFRC.gif

Road paused.

Oh well.​

Domon followed Android 18 into the room with the others. "Looks like some sort of dining room," said the young man, his eyes wandering around the room, taking in his surroundings. "Doesn't seem like it's been used all that recently, though." He walked up to the painting on the wall and put his hands on his hips as he studied it. "Whoever owns this place certainly has a unique taste in art." Once he had his fill of the painting, he began to walk around, looking for anything of note in the room.

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @WestHall

"..." She raised an eyebrow, head tilting to the side as she looked at her gun/familiar. "Kuro, what the heck is wrong with your aim--" She turned and glared at Clark as he clutched her arm. "Well look at that. Guess that green rock wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Ya still got enough in you to play naïve boyscout." She briefly wondered if she could take him now, weakened as he was. There were more important things to do though. First Star wouldn't let her hear the end of it if she tried. "Mind letting go of the arm, yeah? And it seemed the easiest solution to me. Kill one, save two? That's basic math."

So it was up to killing a single person... to stop the traitors from killing two? That sounded way too good to be true. That was what Blake was thinking, but a part of his... old self was tempted to give it a shot. He is still a killer for hire. That was what he became after all: a killer that kills killers.

tumblr_inline_ng0i81i3mO1shpc29.png

"... PWM activate. Battle protocol 03."

Tapping the side of his cube, Blake took a hold of his projected scythe. Not exactly saying much to the others, Blake silently swung his scythe at the wheelchair-bound person, but not to decapitate or anything like that. More so... he aimed to tear open the sack that obscured this one person's identity.

tumblr_inline_n3ktcfBM6U1sy4uqk.png

"I rather know on who's on the chopping block before I do the deed... A hired killer like myself should know who gets snuffed out so I can say that I did and whatnot."

Unlike how he had been before, Blake wasn't as optimistic and bright as he used to be.

@Josh M @C.T. @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @EastHall

"No......"

latest

"Lana!"

Penny stared at Lucy, and rolled his eyes.

"I don't recall asking anything to Panic. If anything, I don't think there's ever a reason to actually ASK people to Panic. Sounds like a very bad plan."
Hopefully they've learned something new​

36Qs6zs.jpg

"You sicken me..."

ISeXapJ.jpg

QpL2A1F.jpg

vBtL8ul.png

"Apologies, Sir Clark. I am afraid human emotions are not my forte. I simply state what I think." He closed his eyes and sighed, finding interactions with so many people difficult. "Perhaps we have, what you humans say - gotten off on the wrong foot. I would like to make amends, continuing with hostility will get us nowhere. I will join you then," Alucard murmured, nodding to Clark and Road.

Not only that, but there was something about the glint in her eyes when Road said which path she had wanted to take that disturbed the dhampir. He wasn't sure if he might see something he'd rather not down the East Wing, but that was fine. He had... allies with him.
Hm, were they more than allies now?

LtJGRRL.png

He turned to the alchemist and nodded his head once. "I am afraid I must accompany some to the East Wing, but please, feel free to join us as well."​

@Crow

ebHsJpE.png

A hostage situation was something that the dhampir might have read in a book, but now one of such nature was happening before his very eyes. Unfortunately, now was also one of those times where the dhampir simply... could not relate. He had never experienced something like this before, nor had he ever had people close enough to him that if they were taken hostage, he would react just like Clark and evidently Hakuei. His mother... had passed on. His father was a monster who only had a cold heart. Who else was there? Nobody, nobody else. He was a lonely creature, and to suddenly be thrust in a room where he was sure others were having irrational and foolish thoughts about how to tackle the situation.... what was he to say?​
He was already being suspected, one wrong word and the traitor could run rampant once more, if they all pointed fingers at him.

"I do not trust you, villain. And I am sure nobody here does. Insects like you are incapable of promises. They only know betrayal."​

kSxgSHh.png

"The possibilities are endless. Perhaps she is not who she really is, or she is a fake. Either way, to play with the emotions of man, you are a sick, sick creature."

Ries06.png

And so Cagliostro went by the East Hall as she followed Alucard. Many things had happened.

"Kryptonite, what a name," she comments as she walks up to Riesbyfe, helping her up, when in reality, she got close in order to nano-analyze the odd pendant of supposed kryptonite that came with her. "Quite complex, I must say. I've never seen anything like it."

F8IQZXA.webp

"Alright, Lexy old boy," Cagliostro grins, "your offer is quite intriguing..." Cagliostro's frightening eyes gazed into Lana's, intimidating her. "You know Lexy, you're what some would call a monster. That's what they call me too. Just like you, I have the everlasting urge to crush those who get in my way. We clearly have differences."

Cagliostro sighs.

"You're hellbent, aren't you? Alright, alright, let's play your little game."

Cagliostro drags Hakuei, Alucard and Road towards her for a private small talk.

"Well, here's the plan. If we go by choice one - we'll be spared death, but as the traitor doesn't act, evidence of a kill will not be presented. If we go by choice two - two of us will perish, but we will be able to decipher the next culprit based on any clues provided. That Lex really planned this well. Both choices are a double-edged sword, but something tells me that choice two is more logical, for it will be more likely to allow us to root the traitor out a little earlier. Think about it - in the first scenario, he promises that the traitoe will not kill us, but he doesn't promise that the traitor will not act.

Resorting to such levels of blackmail, though... that Lex pisses me off."​

@Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @C.T. @Kaykay @Hospes @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @EastHall

Status
Not open for further replies.