Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ha, I knew he was easily pleased," Cagliostro laughs as Adam hops onto his next target, a 'Ms Maximoff'.

Soon, the lights went out and the scene unfolded. Alice and Scott Lang, both dead.

F8IQZXA.png

"No time to get philosophical, but a lot of time to observe."

Cagliostro examines.

"For Alice Twilight here... our first step is to indicate everyone who uses bullets," Cagliostro turns to the Arkham Knight, "sorry, but I mean everyone. No hard feelings, I assume?"

Cagliostro says as she investigates the body alongside the Arkham Knight, examining the type of damage that was caused to Alice's robotic arm and nose. They didn't look like bullet wounds... did they?

"We're looking for someone with a large amount of physical strength. I do not believe that there are any chemical imprints, burn marks, bite marks or the like, so I'm out of the equation. While Scott Lang was killed simultaneously, it should not be immediately assumed that they were killed by the same person, but it must be considered a huge possibility."

@Atomyk @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Kaide` @Archwar @thatguyinthestore @Crow @AliceInvestigation​
Jason and Cagliostro would be able to determine that the arm was broken through blunt force.

It would appear that in the tunnel entrance where the lights had flashed that there was blood splatter on the wall, as well as a number of burn marks.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Body Investigation
Azura was startled when the lights went out, but once they were back on she gasped at the sight of Alice, she looked away and took a breath to compose herself.

"This is just awful..." she shook her head. No stranger to death, coming from a war full of bloodshed, nothing but sorrow could be seen in the Nohrian's golden eyes.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Myrmidon @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Kaykay @Hachiro Terra @Everyone
Everyone seemed right on the case. Everyone wanted to try and figure out just what was going on here. To try and figure out whom had taken yet another life.

"... Wait," Miku spoke up, her voice starting out a bit quieter than it should have been. Steeling herself, not bringing herself to look too directly at the body of Alice, she continued with some hesitance. "Is it right to assume it was one of our own group that... um, did this? We're supposed to be in this together. It just... doesn't... make sense."

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Archwar #Everyone #BodyInvestigation
Jason looked Cagliostro in the eye before looking back at the body. This wasn't the first time he was accused of a crime he didn't commit, after all. And you could never be too safe, right? Turning to Blake, Jason went over all the evidence so far.

"The body is riddled with bullets, her nose is broken, and her robotic arm is heavily damaged, indicating there was some sort of struggle. That's all we know so far."

After closer examination, Jason did figure out that the arm was broken through blunt force.

"Okay, so a weapon is out of the question. Even if a weapon such as a sledgehammer was used, it would still take a tremendous amount of strength to even put a dent in this thing. Strength that I, and most people in our little group, don't possess. Though there are about a handful of possible suspects." Jason would then notice the blood spatters and burn marks on the wall near the entrance. Flicking on detective vision yet again, Jason would first determine if the blood was Alice's or Scott's, or someone else's.

Jason simply sighed.

"As much as I hate to admit it, it is a possibility that someone in our group did this. Now I'm not saying anything is certain, but it's too soon to rule out anything just yet."

@Atomyk @Crow @Kaide` @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Archwar @Investigation

F8IQZXA.png

"So, the culprit, or culprits, have a combination of bullet usage, likely from a weapon, high levels of physical prowess and pyromancy of sorts. I fulfil the last criteria, but not the former two. As such, for the first part, I would like to find everyone who uses bullets."

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Body Investigation

"Being gullible is not ideal. Then again, betrayal occurs for reasons, whether it be a threat, or perhaps, they were never on your side," Cagliostro says to Miku, "remember to consider every possibility."

@Kaide'​
tumblr_inline_ng0i7xEXyS1shpc29.png

"As much as I would like to deny it... we could be dealing with someone... who could be lying to us... Most likely someone who would like to tear us apart, and it's the exact opposite of what we want right now."

Blake narrowed his eyes at that thought. He would like to believe it was just a sneaky killer lurking in the ranks of Umbrella, but that was starting to seem less likely than how it was moments before. He didn't want to put the ideas of false hope into their minds, he didn't want to be that person that ignores the tragedies. There was no smile on Blake's face ever since this transpired.

tumblr_inline_ng0i91XDjm1shpc29.png

"If we're narrowing down the list of suspects... if we're really going to go with the possibility that someone in this group did this... I'll lay it all down that I do have experience with a gun, save for this pistol that I have here... but I don't have absurd strength or the access to... the fire stuff. Just a normal guy with fancy tech to give me a push on attacking foes... Does that sound detailed enough?"

The Black Raven would glance over at Cagliostro, giving away all the information needed to practically cross him off the list of suspects. If it were him, this would've been a much more cleaner kill, he wouldn't show this much brute force even if he had that type of thing. Plus, he wouldn't dare kill fellow allies, not in a place like this.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Body Investigation

So much for talking to Fury. Between the three of them getting to know each other better and Road's little outburst when she first work up, it seemed time had been up, and a dark tunnel that lead to a 'water treatment' facility that the source of the smell had come from. She wasn't quite convinced that there wasn't a cemetery in between.

Before they'd left, Road spied a large, too big for her, trench coat. Despite it's overwhelming size, she'd taken it without a thought. Those guys that had been tearing things apart for a flask had been useful to her.

In a manner of speaking, Road had been right. The fresh bodied just hadn't been planted yet. As soon as they vanished she, seemingly out of instinct yelped at the hearing of gunfire for the first time within such a confined quarters. Along with this, her arms splayed out and she space began to ripple around her in a five-foot diameter. The girl, and every thing around her were absorbed into her 'Dream'. In case more gunfire had followed.

In the moment of silence that followed, some might notice that Road had left behind a small, straw doll that shared her likeness, but it's existence didn't last long. Road popped back into reality and immediately found Scott and Alice's bodies. Oh. Oh my. For a moment, she searched frantically for the two friends she'd made in this place, and once ensuring their safety, a wave of relief took over her face and she slowly moved towards the body of Alice and the ones examining her. There was a small, sick smile on her face.

"If we're suspecting our own... I could use the virus in my blood to turn her into an Akuma and ask her. Or see who doesn't want that." her gaze shifted onto Clark and her back straightened and a cold chill took her. Suddenly, what she'd said to him about Travis worried her. "Arkham..." she'd hadn't overheard his rightful name, "How strong would one have to be to break that arm?"

NRJHNTI.jpg

Road's sharp gaze never left Clark in that instance. Getting shot would be, as Tyki would've said, a marvelous misdirection.

@Josh M @Atomyk @Sen @Hana

@The Myrmidon @Kaide` @Archwar @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies

Jason shifted his gaze to Road and shrugged.

"Hmm.. I'd say it'd have to be superhuman level if they did it with nothing but brute force. So someone such as Clark or Lucifer."

@Azuremoon

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

Believing that the situation had been discussed thoroughly enough, Nick Fury felt it was time to get moving. "Enough dawdling, people!" he barked for all to hear. "You will follow me now. You can come on out now, Miss Maximoff." He left the room, walking into the deeper parts of the warehouse to where a new individual had been waiting. "This should be suitable back-up now."

tumblr_inline_oi02ji0HGI1uxo55n_540.png

"..."

A silent young woman stepped out from the shadows as she was called out. One had to wonder if she was there all that time or had just arrived, but perhaps, either way, it mattered little. If Fury wanted her along, then that must mean that she could be of some use, most likely.

"Oh la la~" Adam said, licking his lips. He looked Wanda up and down and felt his cheeks redden. "Why is she here? Moral support?"

"Sure," Fury said, ushering everyone along once again. "Let's go with that."

Past rows of empty shelves and abandoned storage crates was a ladder that went up to the room above. He pointed to a heavy door nearby and said, "That's where we came in, but you're not going that way. Up this ladder and make it quick."

In the room above, everyone had to crouch down due to the low ceiling. Fury pushed aside a shelf to reveal a hatch that went up into the room above. He tossed a flashlight to Scott before opening the hatch, revealing a dark passage.

"This leads to a water treatment facility. The outpost was originally intended to be self-sufficient, so sewage came through here, some of it being recycled as drinking water." He gave the passage a sidelong glance. "Don't drink the water now. It's been abandoned for a while, and it doesn't seem Umbrella has decided to make us of it. It's gonna damn hard to see, so stick by Mr. Lang and he'll lead you to the next floor. His... unique skillset should aid you in infiltrating the building."

In a few minutes, everyone would have climbed inside, finding themselves in a dark tunnel, where the only light was from Scott's flashlight and the open door below them.

"Once this door closes, it will not open again. We won't be able to extract you, at least not until the other members of the Avengers have breached Umbrella's security. Do not panic and do not let us down. Good luck." With that, Fury closed the hatch shut and all was quiet.

tumblr_o6tm3mZQUs1vsdx6yo2_400.jpg

Scott, who had donned his Ant-Man suit well before the group had left to infiltrate the facility, gave a wave to everybody around.

"Just let me lead the way, team. I've got friends who live down here who managed to tell me about the layout, and it can be pretty easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around," he advised, walking in front of the group.

Ries18.png

"... Friends?" Riesbyfe inquired with something of a deadpan expression. She couldn't fathom what sort of friends Scott could possibly have been talking about. She almost entertained the thought of Morlocks for a moment, straight out of a certain late 19th-century novella, but perhaps that was too crude even for her and the given situation.

The group navigated the dark tunnel for a few minutes, eventually coming to an open area with a pool of water and a dull emergency light flashing above. More tunnels branched off from this point, and the group was forced to linger while Scott tried to figure out the map in his possession.

All seemed calm, at least until a gunshot went off and took out the light above. Scott ended up dropping his flashlight in surprise and it shut off as it smashed against the ground, plunging the group into darkness.

Moments after the flashlight shut off, sounds of shuffling could be heard. Scott yelped and bright lights illuminated the entrance to one of the tunnels. This naturally grabbed attention, but as some stepped forward cautiously to investigate, there was the sound of something smashing against the ground, followed by a burst of gunfire.

Cullen had managed to find the flashlight in the dark, turning it on to illuminate the direction of the sounds, revealing a grisly sight: Alice Twilight's dead body.

9CSLYXk.png

"We just started..." Cullen said quietly.

"W-Woah! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! We're all gonna fucking die down here, huh? Who the hell did this?! Aren't we the only fuckin' ones down here?" Adam looked wildly around. "Yo, Avengers! Ant guy! Hot goth chick! Do something!"

"Where is Scott...?" Riesbyfe asked.

The world had gone dark, but soon everything was white. Feeling a numb pain across her body, Alice would awake in what appeared to be some kind of medical center. A female voice spoke to her, "How are you feeling, dear?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @TheMythicThird @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @TheColourlessRainbow @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon
Domon raised his hand to his forehead as he joined the group examining Alice's body. This definitely wasn't his first encounter with death, but he couldn't help feeling a little sick to his stomach. "So she was beaten and shot, and there are burn marks on the wall? There's no way one person could do all this." He pointed to where Scott's body lay. "Not to mention the fact that there are two victims here."

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

Believing that the situation had been discussed thoroughly enough, Nick Fury felt it was time to get moving. "Enough dawdling, people!" he barked for all to hear. "You will follow me now. You can come on out now, Miss Maximoff." He left the room, walking into the deeper parts of the warehouse to where a new individual had been waiting. "This should be suitable back-up now."

"..."

A silent young woman stepped out from the shadows as she was called out. One had to wonder if she was there all that time or had just arrived, but perhaps, either way, it mattered little. If Fury wanted her along, then that must mean that she could be of some use, most likely.

"Oh la la~" Adam said, licking his lips. He looked Wanda up and down and felt his cheeks redden. "Why is she here? Moral support?"

Past rows of empty shelves and abandoned storage crates was a ladder that went up to the room above. He pointed to a heavy door nearby and said, "That's where we came in, but you're not going that way. Up this ladder and make it quick."

In the room above, everyone had to crouch down due to the low ceiling. Fury pushed aside a shelf to reveal a hatch that went up into the room above. He tossed a flashlight to Scott before opening the hatch, revealing a dark passage.

"This leads to a water treatment facility. The outpost was originally intended to be self-sufficient, so sewage came through here, some of it being recycled as drinking water." He gave the passage a sidelong glance. "Don't drink the water now. It's been abandoned for a while, and it doesn't seem Umbrella has decided to make us of it. It's gonna damn hard to see, so stick by Mr. Lang and he'll lead you to the next floor. His... unique skillset should aid you in infiltrating the building."

In a few minutes, everyone would have climbed inside, finding themselves in a dark tunnel, where the only light was from Scott's flashlight and the open door below them.

"Once this door closes, it will not open again. We won't be able to extract you, at least not until the other members of the Avengers have breached Umbrella's security. Do not panic and do not let us down. Good luck." With that, Fury closed the hatch shut and all was quiet.

Scott, who had donned his Ant-Man suit well before the group had left to infiltrate the facility, gave a wave to everybody around.

"Just let me lead the way, team. I've got friends who live down here who managed to tell me about the layout, and it can be pretty easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around," he advised, walking in front of the group.

Ries18.png

"... Friends?" Riesbyfe inquired with something of a deadpan expression. She couldn't fathom what sort of friends Scott could possibly have been talking about. She almost entertained the thought of Morlocks for a moment, straight out of a certain late 19th-century novella, but perhaps that was too crude even for her and the given situation.

The group navigated the dark tunnel for a few minutes, eventually coming to an open area with a pool of water and a dull emergency light flashing above. More tunnels branched off from this point, and the group was forced to linger while Scott tried to figure out the map in his possession.

All seemed calm, at least until a gunshot went off and took out the light above. Scott ended up dropping his flashlight in surprise and it shut off as it smashed against the ground, plunging the group into darkness.

Moments after the flashlight shut off, sounds of shuffling could be heard. Scott yelped and bright lights illuminated the entrance to one of the tunnels. This naturally grabbed attention, but as some stepped forward cautiously to investigate, there was the sound of something smashing against the ground, followed by a burst of gunfire.

Cullen had managed to find the flashlight in the dark, turning it on to illuminate the direction of the sounds, revealing a grisly sight: Alice Twilight's dead body.

9CSLYXk.png

"W-Woah! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! We're all gonna fucking die down here, huh? Who the hell did this?! Aren't we the only fuckin' ones down here?" Adam looked wildly around. "Yo, Avengers! Ant guy! Hot goth chick! Do something!"

The world had gone dark, but soon everything was white. Feeling a numb pain across her body, Alice would awake in what appeared to be some kind of medical center. A female voice spoke to her, "How are you feeling, dear?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @TheMythicThird @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @TheColourlessRainbow @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon
yVnAusF.png

Alucard's face was grim at the sight of a dead body.
Prior to that he had heard a loud noise, though he may not be familiar with those Umbrella was wielding, he knew it was the sound of a firearm. Others began looking for clues immediately, shining their light-source torches this way and that way. He had held up his arm in front of Hakuei and Road, as if to protect them - if the culprit was still lingering around. But as people bustled about, Alucard lowered his hand, looking cautiously around. It appears there were two bodies, and one was riddled with holes that were oozing with blood. Disgusting. The dhampir looked away for a moment to keep his composure.
"... Yes, we should gather those who have firearms - even if it is not their own."

@Atomyk @Hana @Azuremoon @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies

Alice wasn't hit with one bullet, but an entire series of bullets. If one were to examine the body, it would be easy enough to tell that Alice had been shot largely while she was already face down on the ground. One of her robot arms were broken almost in half, indicating some kind of struggle occurred.

Clark would be able to see that Alice's nose was broken, though that might have been obvious to all considering the amount of blood that had poured from her nose.

"This has to be some kind of joke," Cullen said, moving the flashlight's beam around the room. "Bloody hell!"

It was then that Cullen illuminated a second unmoving body: Scott Lang's. He lay next to the pool of water, one arm hanging over the edge.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Body Investigation

"..."

The woman sat in a chair next to the examiner's table that Alice lay on. With a martini glass in hand, she looked over Alice with a warm smile.

XPKWCeO.png

"Just call me Lalonde," she said. "Welcome back to Umbrella."

@Yun Lee
When Cullen called out, I glanced over to see Scott's body near the pool of water and a sigh of relief and sadness. While I now knew Scott had nothing to do with this or didn't run off as soon as the gun went off, I wish it wasn't through a corpse. Now three of our number were dead and though we still had plenty of people, said people were shaken by recent losses.

We needed someone to cover us.

I closed my eyes and lowered my head. I really wish I didn't have to summon one of my souls as that would raise eyebrows and while I could just lie, it was typically better to be truthful.

Wonder how they'll react to a multi-souled, consumer of spirits? Probably what I suspect.

'Oh my God, it's evil! Kill it! Bust out your pitchforks and torches and hide your men, women, and children!'

If worse comes to worse I can always just teleport away despite the fact that it feels like lava is flowing through my blood vessels.

I lifted my hand up, black-white streams of energy casting a faint glow as they shot onto the ground and pooled into a perfect circle.

DICE ROLL

4+1+2

Total: 7

From the looks of it, a Lesser soul was materializing in front of me and even though once the summon was fully done, one could see that it was transparent though no it didn't cast any light of its own.

d4b2a6fb0341b1208270ab4cd39b76e7.jpg

I smiled as a familiar skull-shaped mask looked at me.

"It's been awhile Rookie-Cookie."

"Har-har,"he rolled his eyes," but what's the sitrep, Boss? The higher ups have been screaming their rage at the heavens."

"Shady corporation kidnapped a bunch of people from various worlds, forces us to fight, we're saved, we were sent to cripple said corporation, and now two of us are dead," I pointed at the group and the dead bodies. Cookie took a step back and shook his head as if he couldn't believe what he saw before tensing up.

"Shady corporation huh? Not surprising. What's next, genetic monstrosities like what your gov did?"

"Yep, though I had yet to see them if they're anything like ours."

"Oh boy, I jinxed it huh?"

I chuckled.

"What?"

"There's someone named Jinx."

"Motherfucker," Cookie grumbled before looking at me." Alright, what're your orders Boss?"

"Someone to guard my ass while I sniff the ground for anything out of place."

"Got it, I'll cover your ass!"

Smiling, I rolled my eyes and began looking through the room for anything that didn't belong and related to the murder.

@Atomyk @Hana @Azuremoon @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Sen @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Alicecrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Otto and Takumi
Hearing the ongoing discussion from where she was examining Scott's body, Setsuna glanced up at the others, pausing in her search for clues. She could contribute to this discussion... She only hoped no one would be upset that she spoke without directly being asked to.

rsz_episodepct205pct20_pct20large1_by_teh_zombish-dat7v68.jpg

"...I possess superhuman capabilities," she chimed in, voice as steady as ever despite the dire situation. "However, I do not possess a..." What was that thing called again? Glancing around in search of something she could possibly use to describe it, she caught sight briefly of the gun Jason willingly showed. Calmly, one of her hands rose, pointing to the gun. "...Weapon such as that. Not do I possess any fire-based abilities." Bowing her head, she continued her search after uttering one more thing.

"I hope I have been of assistance."

@Atomyk @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Aliceinvestigatorseventhosetsunaisinvestigatingscott​

Everyone seemed right on the case. Everyone wanted to try and figure out just what was going on here. To try and figure out whom had taken yet another life.

"... Wait," Miku spoke up, her voice starting out a bit quieter than it should have been. Steeling herself, not bringing herself to look too directly at the body of Alice, she continued with some hesitance. "Is it right to assume it was one of our own group that... um, did this? We're supposed to be in this together. It just... doesn't... make sense."

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Archwar #Everyone #BodyInvestigation
tumblr_inline_oi02koPJh21uxo55n_540.png

"... Yes. Yes, it would seem so," the girl named Wanda spoke in a thick European accent, "I cannot sense anyone else in the area, so it had to have been one of us in here."

"Magical observation? So that's why Fury believed you would be a use to us," Riesbyfe commented, holding her chin in thought, "But even if that is the case... The question remains indeed. Why would someone betray us? It goes against common sense to just... to just..."

Wanda shook her head, a fittingly grim expression on her look. "I believe our first priority should be who, rather than why. I... If you all manage to come to a consensus on who might have done it, I can use my power to check who had committed the murder."

"So why don't you use it now on everyone then? We have plenty of time, I would believe."

Wanda shook her head again. "Before S.H.I.E.L.D. took me in, I was under the clutches of Umbrella. They performed many... many tests on me in order to unlock the secret to my power, but they inadvertently weakened me, so I can only use my power once every so often. So you will have to be very careful on who you pick."

Ries04.png

"... Duly noted."

@Kaide` @Everyone

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Jason would find that, for some reason, his detective vision wasn't determining whose blood was on the wall. However, it didn't seem to matter, for a cursory glance at Scott's body would determine he had lost no blood. Once he was flipped over, it would be easy to see that his face and the neck of his uniform was wet. Scott's helmet was sitting a distance away.

After Wanda spoke, Cullen snorted dismissively. "So what you're saying is that Umbrella could know we're coming?" He pointed the flashlight's beam around the room, aiming up toward the ceiling. "They're probably watching us right now... Complete rubbish." He looked down at the others. "You telling me one of you has the nerve to carry out what they want, still? To sabotage us?!"

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation

Lalonde tilted her head as if considering the questions. "Far be it from me to theorize what it means for us to be alive. Perhaps it has something to with the soul where one more religious than I could make an assertion on the matter. All I know is what I have been told, and what I have been told is that our consciousnesses were transferred to these new bodies. How they gathered me must relate to that unlimited energy source of theirs..."

She leaned back a little, looking up at the ceiling. The woman seemed to be thinking deeply, smiling in a dull way that seemed to indicate she had gotten drunk before Alice had awoken. "I did die, yes. I found myself in a peculiar situation. I thought I could help another. I believed my daughter would be fine without me, but I ended up on the end of an unruly individual's sword. Perhaps it was fate, but... Hm."

She shrugged. "But now I am here, and everything is different now, dear."

@Yun Lee

Reactions: Takumi and Jeremi
Jason would find that, for some reason, his detective vision wasn't determining whose blood was on the wall. However, it didn't seem to matter, for a cursory glance at Scott's body would determine he had lost no blood. Once he was flipped over, it would be easy to see that his face and the neck of his uniform was wet. Scott's helmet was sitting a distance away.

After Wanda spoke, Cullen snorted dismissively. "So what you're saying is that Umbrella could know we're coming?" He pointed the flashlight's beam around the room, aiming up toward the ceiling. "They're probably watching us right now... Complete rubbish." He looked down at the others. "You telling me one of you has the nerve to carry out what they want, still? To sabotage us?!"

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation

Lalonde tilted her head as if considering the questions. "Far be it from me to theorize what it means for us to be alive. Perhaps it has something to with the soul where one more religious than I could make an assertion on the matter. All I know is what I have been told, and what I have been told is that our consciousnesses were transferred to these new bodies. How they gathered me must relate to that unlimited energy source of theirs..."

She leaned back a little, looking up at the ceiling. The woman seemed to be thinking deeply, smiling in a dull way that seemed to indicate she had gotten drunk before Alice had awoken. "I did die, yes. I found myself in a peculiar situation. I thought I could help another. I believed my daughter would be fine without me, but I ended up on the end of an unruly individual's sword. Perhaps it was fate, but... Hm."

@Yun Lee

"...Drowned."

That was all Setsuna had to say after examining Scott, as she rose back to her feet slowly. There was no blood lost by him, and he didn't appear to have broken bones, from what she could tell. With a serious expression on her face, her gaze turned to the others and she fell silent once more.

@Everyone​

Lucifer paced over to the helmet and decided to inspect it to see if he could learned anything from it. It was separate from the body. There had to be a reason for that. He wished Chloe was here, it was better if they had anyone who could have done, but everyone was a suspect, even himself. " Things would be so much easier if we knew more," he said, pausing and decided to bring up a point to the others. " Does anyone remember if Alice had any weapons from home?" He asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @Atomyk @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation @EVERYONE

Linda tapped Ada on the shoulder. " They are collecting weapons, particulary guns," she said.

@Minerva

"... Yes. Yes, it would seem so," the girl named Wanda spoke in a thick European accent, "I cannot sense anyone else in the area, so it had to have been one of us in here."

"Magical observation? So that's why Fury believed you would be a use to us," Riesbyfe commented, holding her chin in thought, "But even if that is the case... The question remains indeed. Why would someone betray us? It goes against common sense to just... to just..."

Wanda shook her head, a fittingly grim expression on her look. "I believe our first priority should be who, rather than why. I... If you all manage to come to a consensus on who might have done it, I can use my power to check who had committed the murder."

"So why don't you use it now on everyone then? We have plenty of time, I would believe."

Wanda shook her head again. "Before S.H.I.E.L.D. took me in, I was under the clutches of Umbrella. They performed many... many tests on me in order to unlock the secret to my power, but they inadvertently weakened me, so I can only use my power once every so often. So you will have to be very careful on who you pick."

Ries04.png

"... Duly noted."

@Kaide` @Everyone

@Yun Lee

"...Drowned."

That was all Setsuna had to say after examining Scott, as she rose back to her feet slowly. There was no blood lost by him, and he didn't appear to have broken bones, from what she could tell. With a serious expression on her face, her gaze turned to the others and she fell silent once more.

@Everyone​
"Yeah..." He said before examining Scott's body. Todd knelt down before looking over his body to see if there were any signs of a struggle.

@Atomyk @Investiagation

6qXzmZK.gif

"I too have superhuman strength."

Road had nothing to prove anything to anyone, even though she was probably the most suspicious. This might've come to a bit of a surprise though - through this entire ordeal she spent all of her time saying she was weak. It also wouldn't help her the grin on her face, but the circumstances that had appeared were... exciting.

"Nix on the fire though. Afraid I can't burn a thing."

Ries04.png

"... Duly noted."

@Kaide` @Everyone

"Oh- they experimented on you!?" Road chimed after Ries noted. "Ah- they remind me of my family. We turned little kids into monsters all the time."

To be honest, almost under any set of circumstances, Road probably would've just remained with this group until the chance arose to kill someone in front of Umbrella and return to the them. Morally, she was with them, but this damned urge for freedom was stronger.

"I hope we find who did it, if for no other reason then I can take that firearm and deafen them with it. I'd never even heard such a thing before that. Wouldn't who ever burnt the girl also have singed... something? Had it been fire, we'd have seen light. Let's search for burns and singes too."

@Atomyk @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Verite @Sen @Hana

@Yun Lee

Intrigued, Ada went to go check Scott's Helmet.

Lucifer paced over to the helmet and decided to inspect it to see if he could learned anything from it. It was separate from the body. There had to be a reason for that. He wished Chloe was here, it was better if they had anyone who could have done, but everyone was a suspect, even himself. " Things would be so much easier if we knew more," he said, pausing and decided to bring up a point to the others. " Does anyone remember if Alice had any weapons from home?" He asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @Atomyk @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation @EVERYONE

Linda tapped Ada on the shoulder. " They are collecting weapons, particulary guns," she said.

@Minerva
As she stood up, Ada turned to Linda who had tapped her on the shoulder. "I have A Pistol, a crossbow, and a grappling hook." She said. She pushed the front of her dress forward to reveal the pistol in the leg holster.

James Proudstar - Warpath

" Now I'll point out, that I am probably strong enough to put a serious dent into a mechanical arm, depending on the quality. I have two guns. But I am not fast enough to do this to two people. You can examine me, my guns, my knives.. whatever. But I haven't hurt anyone yet. Does anyone want to look at these guns ? Can you tell if there were fingerprints on the arm ? I don't use gloves".

@Atomyk @Hospes @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9

Azura was startled when the lights went out, but once they were back on she gasped at the sight of Alice, she looked away and took a breath to compose herself.

"This is just awful..." she shook her head. No stranger to death, coming from a war full of bloodshed, nothing but sorrow could be seen in the Nohrian's golden eyes.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Myrmidon @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Kaykay @Hachiro Terra @Everyone
"Quite the brutal act... Especially for such a roguish way of attacking..." Joshua murmured as he took a look at both bodies with a sigh. How the hell had none of them been hurt as well? Why were those two targeted? Pondering those thoughts in his mind, he placed a hand on Azura's shoulder to steady her, "Lady Azura, there's no need for you to have to look at the body if it's too much. I'm certain those more... adept to situations like this can handle this investigation ourselves."

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

"..."

Ries18.png

9CSLYXk.png

A death in a dark area. This gets Doremi into shock, but unlike before, it wasn't as abrupt as an explosion or as cruel as a burning man.

lNCJpHb.png

"But... why!? Why does there need to be more killing then there already is!?" Doremi would grief about the newest discovery. "Why can't we all unite together...?"

However, there seems to be one Pokemon who doesn't seem very affected; instead the death would prove what he thought of the group.

BmvkBOk.png

"I knew it! You all are bad people!" Jabbers would yell out for everyone to hear, having them know how Jabbers trusts the group right now. He would fight someone right about now, but decided not to; otherwise he'll be ganged up on.

So he decided to hide away from the group.

uSjJReL.png

"Why... why can't I sing?"

Doremi tried to sing a song to cheer everyone on, to ally once more. But no matter how much she tried, she was unable to produce a voice of any kind. No matter how hard she tried to even try a pianissimo tone, she found herself unable to utter a single lyric.

"Why is this happening to us...?" Doremi tried to console herself, but it was no good; she was starting to worry about everyone present.

@Atomyk @ANYBODY WHO IS NOT INVESTIGATING​

"Oh- they experimented on you!?" Road chimed after Ries noted. "Ah- they remind me of my family. We turned little kids into monsters all the time."​
tumblr_inline_oi02ffQIym1uxo55n_540.png

"..."

Ries03.png

"..."

"A-Anyway, I too have superhuman strength and igniting abilities with the aid of magic. However, I was at the front of the line, so it couldn't have been me, at the very least."

@Azuremoon @Peeps

Hearing the ongoing discussion from where she was examining Scott's body, Setsuna glanced up at the others, pausing in her search for clues. She could contribute to this discussion... She only hoped no one would be upset that she spoke without directly being asked to.

rsz_episodepct205pct20_pct20large1_by_teh_zombish-dat7v68.jpg

"...I possess superhuman capabilities," she chimed in, voice as steady as ever despite the dire situation. "However, I do not possess a..." What was that thing called again? Glancing around in search of something she could possibly use to describe it, she caught sight briefly of the gun Jason willingly showed. Calmly, one of her hands rose, pointing to the gun. "...Weapon such as that. Not do I possess any fire-based abilities." Bowing her head, she continued her search after uttering one more thing.

"I hope I have been of assistance."

@Atomyk @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Aliceinvestigatorseventhosetsunaisinvestigatingscott​

Ries04.png

"... Duly noted."

@Kaide` @Everyone

"...Drowned."

@Everyone​

@Minerva
"Yeah..." He said before examining Scott's body. Todd knelt down before looking over his body to see if there were any signs of a struggle.

@Atomyk @Investiagation
6qXzmZK.gif

"I too have superhuman strength."

Road had nothing to prove anything to anyone, even though she was probably the most suspicious. This might've come to a bit of a surprise though - through this entire ordeal she spent all of her time saying she was weak. It also wouldn't help her the grin on her face, but the circumstances that had appeared were... exciting.

"Nix on the fire though. Afraid I can't burn a thing."

"Oh- they experimented on you!?" Road chimed after Ries noted. "Ah- they remind me of my family. We turned little kids into monsters all the time."

To be honest, almost under any set of circumstances, Road probably would've just remained with this group until the chance arose to kill someone in front of Umbrella and return to the them. Morally, she was with them, but this damned urge for freedom was stronger.

"I hope we find who did it, if for no other reason then I can take that firearm and deafen them with it. I'd never even heard such a thing before that. Wouldn't who ever burnt the girl also have singed... something? Had it been fire, we'd have seen light. Let's search for burns and singes too."

@Atomyk @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Verite @Sen @Hana
Intrigued, Ada went to go check Scott's Helmet.

As she stood up, Ada turned to Linda who had tapped her on the shoulder. "I have A Pistol, a crossbow, and a grappling hook." She said. She pushed the front of her dress forward to reveal the pistol in the leg holster.
There didn't seem to be a struggle beyond a single bruise on the back of Scott's head. His helmet seemed unremarkable beyond being far away from his body.

It would seem that no one in the group had been burnt or had singed clothing.

tumblr_inline_ng0i9nmCNY1shpc29.png

"... well, we do have two murders to be dealing with, and to be honest, I don't think a single person could've done this. There had to be at least two people behind it, because I find the possibility of someone being able to do all of that to Alice and then to Scott to be extremely unlikely. A long shot guess in my opinion, but it's better than nothing."

Blake practically put his two cents into this, holding the side of his head. Thinking hard wasn't really his thing, but he didn't want to awkwardly stand around when he did have at least one thing swirling about in his head.

Lucifer was disappointed when nothing was found by the helmet. He decided to give his two cents. " I have telekinesis. I had super strength, but when I got here, it hasn't exactly been working. Probably because I am not home," he said to Road. He looked at Penny. " You got any ideas?" He asked.

@Darkseide

Linda sighed. " I am human. Nothing special about me. I could barely shoot that gun on the battlefield."

" You give really good-"

" Not now Lucifer."

" Therapist advice."

" Thanks, Lucifer." That was not what she expected him to see.

Reactions: Takumi
Status
Not open for further replies.