• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here it came to one final battle. A climax more intense than Naomi could have anticipated. She had faced the demons called criminals, but at least they, for the most part, remained human. She wasn't prepared to fight a demon, but she definitely wasn't backing down now. After all she had been through, she couldn't afford to not take this final chance and hopefully return back home to her dear daughter. "Little Guy... Are you ready for this?" she asked coldly, but with confidence.

"Ready for what? Dying? If so, then I'm happy to do so alongside you. Killing this thing? I don't even know if we can."

"Then consider it an experiment. A presumptive test for vulnerability to bullets. Do you have your equipment?" Navel drew his pistol and nodded. "Then let's do this, Little Guy," Naomi said just before giving her partner a light kiss on the cheek.

"Dr. Kimishima... Don't die on me again." Navel took aim and fired a full clip of ammunition straight at Diablo.

@Atomyk @Verite

Meanwhile, Naomi stood beside Alice Twilight and asked, "Hey, could you spare one of those katanas for me, Alice? I have an idea."

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Allllllll

Alice heeded Naomi, but unfortunately the beams thrown disappeared as soon as they hit their mark. So, Alice broke one of her ASURA-6 arms off, tossing it to Naomi. She could function just fine as an ASURA-5.
@Mason Moretti

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Alice heeded Naomi, but unfortunately the beams thrown disappeared as soon as they hit their mark. So, Alice broke one of her ASURA-6 arms off, tossing it to Naomi. She could function just fine as an ASURA-5.
@Mason Moretti

Naomi smiled and thanked her. "One more thing, Alice. Cover me. I'm going in," Naomi stated. With this valuable new gift in hand, she used the chaos created by the group's barrage of attacks as a cover, hoping it would distract Diablo enough. Perhaps he could not take notice of a single, insignificant human? Under the cover of tornadoes and water magic, Naomi snuck around as best she could to reach behind Diablo, or at least to the side of the demon. Once there, she, placing all the might and speed she could muster, struck Diablo with the bright pink beam katana.
@Yun Lee @Atomyk @Verite @Alllllllll

With their destination known, the group had little time to enjoy their time together. They moved together alongside the allies they had gained along the way toward the vault holding the Tesseract. They expected it to at least be locked, but for some reason, the vault stood open. Perhaps it was a trap, but it would have to be one they faced head-on.

It was strange to finally reach the fabled vault.

After all this time of traveling and fighting, the group had finally done it. Riesbyfe almost felt a sense of accomplishment come over her, but she knew better than to prematurely celebrate, keeping her guard up. As the group continued moving, miraculously united once more for the most part, they found themselves in a wide, brightly lit hall, littered with gray stone walls and ground. It was a tense situation; the Holy Knight could easily feel and hear her own heart beat from her chest, but she kept it to a minimum, not wanting chills to overtake her in this crucial moment.

At the end of the hall that they eventually reached was a metal door which automatically slid open as they drew close. Within laid a large, mostly empty room, dimly lit in comparison to the hallway. In the center of the large vault sat a strange machine, and in the center of the contraption, there it was. A small cube that glowed a distinctive blue.

e70d21d895f46f492e78060ad06d1c5e73c1e5a3.jpg

"Is that...?" Riesbyfe could only utter.

"... Looks like," Leon responded, pursing his lips. A wave of silence hit the group for a moment, as though to register the sight with.

It was the Tesseract.

Riesbyfe, keeping her guard up, scanned the room warily upon recovering from her initial shock. She knew better than to immediately move and take the object for herself. Considering how valuable this object must be to Umbrella, it would be foolhardy to believe that it wouldn't be guarded heavily, which was... strange, now that she thought about it. There had been no opposition in the vault. No guards, monsters, or even that blonde man in black nearby. She could almost suspect that a trap was waiting for them, but alas, she could not detect any. And she would not pass up the only feasible chance to obtain the Tesseract now that it was this close.

Milton stared at it for just a moment before finding himself drawn toward the cube. "I have yet to see it up close like this," he mumbled slowly, stepping so close to the Tesseract that he could touch it.

Gulping briefly, Riesbyfe decided to act. If she had time to doubt herself, after all this time, after all, that she and the rest of the group had gone through to get to this point, then she had time to reach out and take the fruits of her labors. She stepped up next to Milton and reached out her arm to take it, but then--

"Where do you think you are taking that?"

A strange voice assaulted not only Riesbyfe's senses but also everyone present, the Holy Knight freezing in her tracks as a hideous sounding voice, like from a satanic demon, made itself known to everyone. No, more than a demon...

... More like the devil himself.

d6x1f9X.png

"Who... Who's there?! Show yourself!" Riesbyfe exclaimed, looking around as she unknowingly pulled her arm away from the Tesseract, more closely scanning the area again and more alarmed now. Just as she scanned the area, everyone else who would look around would not be able to find any hint of where the voice came from. No other presence could be detected in the area, and there were no intercoms around to suggest it was simply someone else in another room.

No, the voice shook at least Riesbyfe to her very core.

Suddenly, the lights in the room, already dim, began to flicker, and then gradually darken. And then, over the span of a few seconds... Before anyone knew it, it felt as though everyone's vision had been taken away, assuming the lights in the room didn't simply die away abruptly, though it would be a hard case to make since even the Tesseract's shine was nowhere to be seen.

Several feet up, a demonic looking face appeared before everyone. Through the dark, everyone could practically feel the presence of this sinister being looming over everyone like a giant shadow, towering and imposing, as he looked down upon the group.

4b2e6283f0874a5390be80b24067654e.png

"You would dare to demand me? Very well then. For your bravado... I will grant your request. Here I stand, human. I, Diablo."

Riesbyfe could only gasp lightly, stepping back as her legs threatened to give way, looking up at the towering figure before them. She recalled the name being dropped somewhere by one of the others... "Diablo." But she had hardly allowed herself much time to ponder on what this creature had to do with Umbrella, whether or not he was the true mastermind orchestrating the events, before something would happen.

"Milton!" Philip, the one-eyed man, yelled as he ran toward his friend.

"AaaAAAAAGH!"

An anguished scream pierced the air as Milton suddenly burst into flames. Philip too was consumed just before he reached Milton, and the pair fell to the floor, their unmoving forms laying prone as they were as easily killed off by the mysterious entity like a human would a fly, to the horror of the silver-haired woman.

Wanda cried out then, trying to speak, but her words were unintelligible to the ear. She collapsed to her knees, just as Leon, Claire, and Lex were thrown backward and against the rear wall of the vault.

Riesbyfe felt a familiar aura from the entity before them. He was demonic. Not in the sense that one would use to describe a morally bankrupt man. This entity was no man. In the purest, most unadulterated sense, this being was demonic. It was infernal.

In other words, it was pure evil.

"Diablo...! I know not who you are... but what you are... I can only believe you to be a being of evil and nothing else. Are you the one who--?!"

"Determined that this chain of events were to transpire? Perhaps so. Manipulating causality through humans is but something idly done," the demonic entity known as Diablo interrupted, "I need not explain myself to mere insects like you. You have all nearly outlived your usefulness... though perhaps there is something that can be salvaged. You all have strong wills... for humans, that is. All the more gratifying to crush when I overtake it all... Your fear is delectable."

"You... You will do no such thing!" Riesbyfe exclaimed, clenching her fist, "I promised to myself that I would return home, and I will not let any wicked creature stand in my way, be it man or devil! I've felled many monsters before you, and you will not be the last!"

"... Hah."

latest

Diablo let out a humorless laugh, caring little for the Holy Knight's words. As though preparing for a confrontation, he raised his arms, beckoning for the group.

"If you desire my head, then here I am. Come. I will show you terrors beyond your deepest nightmares, the likes of which you never could imagine. I will make you yearn for death as your minds are slowly eaten away at forever. The Tesseract is mine and only mine. To even dream of taking it from me... I will have to make an example out of you indeed."

And with that, he stood, awaiting the group.

Here it was.

The end of the road. The end of the line.

As the curtain began to close, the ties that bound this tale to the heritage of the future tightening, Riesbyfe readied her mighty shield and prepared herself for the battle that, unbeknownst to everyone, even to Diablo himself, would shape the multiverse forever, as it cried out like a bittersweet chorus.

They had been so close to their goal, but now one final enemy stood between them and their homes. Diablo's voice shook Domon to his core. Throughout this journey, he had always been confident that he could return to his world, but now a sense of hopelessness washed over him. This enemy had the same evil aura as the Devil Gundam that Domon had fought not long ago, but much stronger. This was no malfunctioning robot standing before him; it was evil incarnate.

He didn't have powers like the others fighting with him, and he didn't even have his Gundam. He was nothing but a martial artist. But those thoughts didn't even enter the Gundam Fighter's mind. All he knew was that this demon was the only thing keeping him from seeing his friends and family again, and he was going to give his all to bring it down. He had no idea what this Diablo was capable, or if they even had any chance of defeating him, but Domon was not going to go down without a fight.

The young man stood where he was for a few moments, closing his eyes and steadying his breath. He needed to have a clear mind to fight this monster. He began to raise his right fist, the King of Hearts emblem on the back of his hand glowing with a faint golden light.

3945389-2631940157-q5eYo.jpg

He reopened his eyes to look over his target one more time, and then, with a loud yell, he jumped at Diablo, aiming to drive his fist straight into the demon's face.

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to defeat you! Take this, fiend!"
@Atomyk @Verite @Everyone

"Diablo."

This was it. This was the final battle. Clark eyes glared at Diablo. Clark remembered now. He remembered everything. The pain he caused. It was Diablo's fault. Clark's eye showed rage as he super sped to the monster. Jumping powerful in a single push, Clark would try a powerful series of haymakers, followed by a closer range heat vision.

@Verite @Atomyk boss battle

"Pathetic."

The towering giant that was Diablo practically sneered at the barrage of opponents that came his way. Impressive as their numbers may be, it appeared to the others that he hardly felt anything resembling fear in the face of the group. In the blink of an eye, Diablo shifted his appearance with his power, growing in size until he was a giant almost reaching up to the ceiling several meters above, before just as quickly swinging his massive arm, swiping away those who would charge towards him as though they were little more than annoying flies, the likes of Setsuna, Riesbyfe, Clark, Domon, Alucard, Android 18, and Blake, before swiftly changing back to his default appearance, having acted so fast that from the point of view of those without something along the lines of superhuman reactions and comprehension speed, it was as though the shadow of a giant arm had randomly appeared to swipe away the physical attackers in one swoop.

As Twisted Fate threw his explosive cards at Diablo, gradually creating a smokescreen with every card that exploded on the demon's body, it slowly became ever so slightly more difficult to see him as the smokescreen took over, and for just the briefest of moments, it was impossible to see him. In that split-second, as the winds conjured by Hakuei and Senna came into full effect, blowing away the smokescreen, Diablo was suddenly gone, having disappeared into thin air, leaving those who had attacked him from afar such as Alice, Jason, Shirou, Cagliostro, Naomi, Schala, Azura, and others to completely miss their mark!

Without sparing a moment's rest, Diablo would suddenly re-appear behind Warpath, as though he teleported there, before sending a powerful punch, his attack bolstered by the power of fire engulfing his fist, into the mutant's spine and hoping to send him flying into the nearest wall!

"The fun is only beginning. Do not be shy now."

From where he was, in his new position, Diablo then proceeded to punch his fiery fist into the ground, first causing the entire place to rock as though sending a shockwave hoping to interfere with everyone's balance, before waves and bolts of lightning suddenly emerged from his fist, engulfing the entire ground with the intent of electrocuting everyone, the waves more quickly traveling to Doremi to interfere with her lullaby, before also traveling over the rest of the room!

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Everyone

rsz_episodepct209pct20_pct20large1_by_teh_zombish-dat7x8e.jpg

oshitfukwaithango--

Before she could dodge- or do anything of the sort -Setsuna found herself swatted with intensity, sending her tumbling to the ground off to the side with a variety of grunts and sounds of fabric being torn. "A-ahh..." she hissed with pain as she staggered back to her feet, wincing briefly before shaking the pain off to the best of her abilities. Fight first. She could worry about her fate later. So when she noted the shockwave coming, her eyes went wide as she called out. "Shirou!" Damn it, avoiding the debris would be easy enough, but the lightning was another story. And she could only figure the same would be true for everyone else around... Shirou included.

Which was why she raced to place herself between him and the onslaught, dodging to the best of her ability what she could without it leading to him being harmed and tanking the rest, by nature assuming this would be better than shoving him out of the way because, well, her master that had taught her everything she knew was kind of a dick and would rather she hurt herself than push him. You know.

Regardless, she held up, skidding slightly on impact from one particular bolt of electricity and crumbling with a small cry. Electrical burns ravaged her body, leading to her teeth gritting in pain, yet she still fruitlessly, heavily shaking, attempted to get back up. And promptly fell back down with another cry.

RIP.

@Verite @Kaykay @Josh M @Hana @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Gands @penguin055 @Everyboday​

Reactions: Mason Moretti
"Pathetic."

The towering giant that was Diablo practically sneered at the barrage of opponents that came his way. Impressive as their numbers may be, it appeared to the others that he hardly felt anything resembling fear in the face of the group. In the blink of an eye, Diablo shifted his appearance with his power, growing in size until he was a giant almost reaching up to the ceiling several meters above, before just as quickly swinging his massive arm, swiping away those who would charge towards him as though they were little more than annoying flies, the likes of Setsuna, Riesbyfe, Clark, Domon, Alucard, Android 18, and Blake, before swiftly changing back to his default appearance, having acted so fast that from the point of view of those without something along the lines of superhuman reactions and comprehension speed, it was as though the shadow of a giant arm had randomly appeared to swipe away the physical attackers in one swoop.

As Twisted Fate threw his explosive cards at Diablo, gradually creating a smokescreen with every card that exploded on the demon's body, it slowly became ever so slightly more difficult to see him as the smokescreen took over, and for just the briefest of moments, it was impossible to see him. In that split-second, as the winds conjured by Hakuei and Senna came into full effect, blowing away the smokescreen, Diablo was suddenly gone, having disappeared into thin air, leaving those who had attacked him from afar such as Alice, Jason, Shirou, Cagliostro, Naomi, Schala, Azura, and others to completely miss their mark!

Without sparing a moment's rest, Diablo would suddenly re-appear behind Warpath, as though he teleported there, before sending a powerful punch, his attack bolstered by the power of fire engulfing his fist, into the mutant's spine and hoping to send him flying into the nearest wall!

From where he was, in his new position, Diablo then proceeded to punch his fiery fist into the ground, first causing the entire place to rock as though sending a shockwave hoping to interfere with everyone's balance, before waves and bolts of lightning suddenly emerged from his fist, engulfing the entire ground with the intent of electrocuting everyone, the waves more quickly traveling to Doremi to interfere with her lullaby, before also traveling over the rest of the room!

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Everyone
tumblr_inline_n3kt16yDbv1sy4uqk.png

"Oh god... battle protocol 01!"

Even as Blake had turned his sword into a hardlight shield form, all this did was soften up the blow that he took from rushing head-on towards Diablo in such a reckless manner, skidding on the ground before coming to a halt. When it came to realizing that the ground was being electrocuted, he knew that it was going to hurt like hell.

"Battle protocol 04!"

Calling out voice commands, his PWM cube changed the shield into a set of wings to allow Blake the altitude to avoid most of the electricity's wrath, and not even hesitating, he also swooped over to grab Senna out of the electricity's range. Looking at the status HUD on his glasses for the PWM cube, Blake was a bit worried as to why there was no time duration on his weaponry now. It was usually five minutes, and surely the electricity from Diablo's attack should've short-circurted the device. So something else was up. Either way... a bit more time was going to be useful if he were going to be in this fight. Looking over at Senna, he felt relieved to see that she was holding up well enough, but he figured that a bit of cooperation could work out.

tumblr_inline_ng0i88qd6F1shpc29.png

"Say... Senna, I think I got an idea going on. Can you give me a little boost? Well... not straight-on, but I need to gather momentum for this. Maybe just cycle me around in some tornado and launch me at the guy? That combined with my wing's boosters should be a big amount of momentum... hoping that my math and physics knowledge isn't failing me here."

Blake would bring an idea up to her, it was worth a shot.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Everyone​

"Pathetic."

What was this thing?! Alice had never fought anything so monstrous in her life, and she really didn't want to for much longer. Luckily, as she was aboveground thanks to ASURA-6, the electric shock didn't hit her, but the ground quaking did throw her off quite a bit. There had to be a weakness to this monster...everything had a weakness, there had to be-

That's it!

As soon as Blake would launch his attack, Alice would get back into mobile mode and make a run for the tesseract, hopefully able to grab it and use it as a bargaining chip. All that infinite power meant nothing if what you used it to defend was in the hands of the enemy.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Everyone​

Warpath

Luckily for Warpath, taking those kinds of blows was a strong point for his defenses. As was his quickness. After a moment to recover mentally from the surprise of the blow James activated his flying with only a moment to spare from being flattened against the wall.

He took only a moment to study the situation when he noticed Alice. He decided then to distract the beast. He would fly in from an angle to slash with his knives. If it teleported to stop Alice he would merely adjust his angle again.

@Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @bossfight

"Pathetic."

"Ahh!" Doremi cowered, stopping her lullaby, and tried to defend herself.

As soon as Doremi's cries were heard, Jabbers dashed in front of Doremi, taking the attack in her place.

And despite all this, Doremi did not notice this.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Verite @everyone​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pathetic."

oshitfukwaithango--

Before she could dodge- or do anything of the sort -Setsuna found herself swatted with intensity, sending her tumbling to the ground off to the side with a variety of grunts and sounds of fabric being torn. "A-ahh..." she hissed with pain as she staggered back to her feet, wincing briefly before shaking the pain off to the best of her abilities. Fight first. She could worry about her fate later. So when she noted the shockwave coming, her eyes went wide as she called out. "Shirou!" Damn it, avoiding the debris would be easy enough, but the lightning was another story. And she could only figure the same would be true for everyone else around... Shirou included.

Which was why she raced to place herself between him and the onslaught, dodging to the best of her ability what she could without it leading to him being harmed and tanking the rest, by nature assuming this would be better than shoving him out of the way because, well, her master that had taught her everything she knew was kind of a dick and would rather she hurt herself than push him. You know.

Regardless, she held up, skidding slightly on impact from one particular bolt of electricity and crumbling with a small cry. Electrical burns ravaged her body, leading to her teeth gritting in pain, yet she still fruitlessly, heavily shaking, attempted to get back up. And promptly fell back down with another cry.

RIP.

@Verite @Kaykay @Josh M @Hana @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Gands @penguin055 @Everyboday​

Even as Blake had turned his sword into a hardlight shield form, all this did was soften up the blow that he took from rushing head-on towards Diablo in such a reckless manner, skidding on the ground before coming to a halt. When it came to realizing that the ground was being electrocuted, he knew that it was going to hurt like hell.

"Battle protocol 04!"

Calling out voice commands, his PWM cube changed the shield into a set of wings to allow Blake the altitude to avoid most of the electricity's wrath, and not even hesitating, he also swooped over to grab Senna out of the electricity's range. Looking at the status HUD on his glasses for the PWM cube, Blake was a bit worried as to why there was no time duration on his weaponry now. It was usually five minutes, and surely the electricity from Diablo's attack should've short-circurted the device. So something else was up. Either way... a bit more time was going to be useful if he were going to be in this fight. Looking over at Senna, he felt relieved to see that she was holding up well enough, but he figured that a bit of cooperation could work out.

"Say... Senna, I think I got an idea going on. Can you give me a little boost? Well... not straight-on, but I need to gather momentum for this. Maybe just cycle me around in some tornado and launch me at the guy? That combined with my wing's boosters should be a big amount of momentum... hoping that my math and physics knowledge isn't failing me here."

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Everyone​
What was this thing?! Alice had never fought anything so monstrous in her life, and she really didn't want to for much longer. Luckily, as she was aboveground thanks to ASURA-6, the electric shock didn't hit her, but the ground quaking did throw her off quite a bit. There had to be a weakness to this monster...everything had a weakness, there had to be-

That's it!

As soon as Blake would launch his attack, Alice would get back into mobile mode and make a run for the tesseract, hopefully able to grab it and use it as a bargaining chip. All that infinite power meant nothing if what you used it to defend was in the hands of the enemy.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Everyone​

Panting heavily after having attacked, Senna dropped to the ground for a moment to recover from all of the energy she spent. She watched as the massive tornado she had created with Hakuei did little more than blow Diablo's smokescreen away. The girl tightened her hands around her weapon, a look of frustration on her face.

RL4D8TZ.png

"Y-You have got to be kidding me." Huff huff. "I put almost everything..." Huff huff. "...I had into that attack!"

Observing the battlefield for a moment, Senna winced when when she would see Setsuna in particular get ravaged by a bolt of electricity. "We have to do something before someone gets killed. There has got to be a way to hurt this guy."

Glancing Blake's way when he would call out to her with another idea, the soul reaper nodded. "Sure, anything is worth a try at this point. I'll give you a little boost, but be careful."

Steeling herself, Senna tapped into her spiritual pressure yet again, this time creating a tornado she would use to give Blake a boost. Taking great caution, she aimed her tornado at Diablo and manipulated her winds to fire Blake in his direction.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Atomyk @Hana @Otto @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone​

"Pathetic."

oshitfukwaithango--

RIP.

"Battle protocol 04!"

As soon as Doremi's cries were heard, Jabbers dashed in front of Doremi, taking the attack in her place. Because he was part Steel-type, it could be somewhat mitigated.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Verite @everyone​

Panting heavily after having attacked, Senna dropped to the ground for a moment to recover from all of the energy she spent. She watched as the massive tornado she had created with Hakuei did little more than blow Diablo's smokescreen away. The girl tightened her hands around her weapon, a look of frustration on her face.

RL4D8TZ.png

"Y-You have got to be kidding me." Huff huff. "I put almost everything..." Huff huff. "...I had into that attack!"

Observing the battlefield for a moment, Senna winced when when she would see Setsuna in particular get ravaged by a bolt of electricity. "We have to do something before someone gets killed. There has got to be a way to hurt this guy."

Glancing Blake's way when he would call out to her with another idea, the soul reaper nodded. "Sure, anything is worth a try at this point. I'll give you a little boost, but be careful."

Steeling herself, Senna tapped into her spiritual pressure yet again, this time creating a tornado she would use to give Blake a boost. Taking great caution, she aimed her tornado at Diablo and manipulated her winds to fire Blake in his direction.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Atomyk @Hana @Otto @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone​
Schala Zeal
@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Verite@Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow
@Everyone

Schala didn't have enough time to prepare the spell she had intended, but even so... She was one step closer to hopefully hurting the beast once she gathered enough energy within her body. The most she might have, was a couple shots at this, so she had to time it very carefully, she had to wait for a moment Diablo's movements were impaired enough for her to make her move... Without him just dodging it.

It was painfully obvious that she couldn't do this on her own.

Before she had the time to formulate a proper thought though, Diablo's barrage of lightning, coming straight from his fist caused her to yelp in surprise... Quickly casting haste on herself as she attempted to avoid the worst of it, which... Surprisingly worked, sort of.

While Schala was not physically disabled, she was still struck in places by the lightning as it moved a little too quick for her to avoid it entirely... Singing her body in various places, but even so... She desperately looked around for someone, anyone that could help her, and in that moment, she found Setsuna.

Unfortunately, Setsuna was disabled at the moment, with the lightning evidently having gotten the better of her... But nevertheless, Schala pressed forwards, trying to find a safe spot to stand, somewhere out of the lightning's range for now and perhaps even pull Setsuna to safety. Considering that her haste spell was the only thing keeping the current from coursing through her body, and disabling her... It was hard to tell how long she could last, seeing as she already had burns crisscrossing her legs, and on the soles of her feet.

More would likely begin cropping up if this kept up any longer.

However, if by some miracle, Schala was able to get Setsuna to a safe spot, she would attempt to heal her with a "cure" spell. While this meant it would take longer for her to prepare the attack she had intended against Diablo, she knew she had to have some way of disabling the creature first... So her attack would hit home as she intended.​

RL4D8TZ.png

"Alright!... Here I come!"

Blake felt himself being spun around in that tornado that Senna had formed, and while normally he would've gotten terribly dizzy, the adrenaline of the situation basically nullified that feeling at the moment. Spinning more and more, it wasn't long until Blake was launched towards Diablo, much like a speeding human bullet. He knew that he had to make every effort count, even if it meant doing something as reckless as this.

"Battle protocol 03!"

Still hurling towards Diablo, Blake had his wings shift into his projected scythe that he held out as he spun, continuing to spin around like he had done so before Senna had launched him over. With this, you could say that Blake had planned to slash Diablo down like a human blender!

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Atomyk @Hana @Otto @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Everyone​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Pathetic."

"He evaded... my attack?" Cagliostro was in shock. "Huh, if I can't make him weaker, I'll just have to make us stronger."

Cagliostro hops onto Ouroboros to begin flying on it, evading the electrical surges.

"Hey, losers! Get on!" Cagliostro laughs, urging others, especially those incapable of levitation to get on Ouroboros' back.​

Schala Zeal
@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Verite@Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow
@Everyone

Schala didn't have enough time to prepare the spell she had intended, but even so... She was one step closer to hopefully hurting the beast once she gathered enough energy within her body. The most she might have, was a couple shots at this, so she had to time it very carefully, she had to wait for a moment Diablo's movements were impaired enough for her to make her move... Without him just dodging it.

It was painfully obvious that she couldn't do this on her own.

Before she had the time to formulate a proper thought though, Diablo's barrage of lightning, coming straight from his fist caused her to yelp in surprise... Quickly casting haste on herself as she attempted to avoid the worst of it, which... Surprisingly worked, sort of.

While Schala was not physically disabled, she was still struck in places by the lightning as it moved a little too quick for her to avoid it entirely... Singing her body in various places, but even so... She desperately looked around for someone, anyone that could help her, and in that moment, she found Setsuna.

Unfortunately, Setsuna was disabled at the moment, with the lightning evidently having gotten the better of her... But nevertheless, Schala pressed forwards, trying to find a safe spot to stand, somewhere out of the lightning's range for now and perhaps even pull Setsuna to safety. Considering that her haste spell was the only thing keeping the current from coursing through her body, and disabling her... It was hard to tell how long she could last, seeing as she already had burns crisscrossing her legs, and on the soles of her feet.

More would likely begin cropping up if this kept up any longer.

However, if by some miracle, Schala was able to get Setsuna to a safe spot, she would attempt to heal her with a "cure" spell. While this meant it would take longer for her to prepare the attack she had intended against Diablo, she knew she had to have some way of disabling the creature first... So her attack would hit home as she intended.​

"One is never, ever enough," Cagliostro says, "learn from the cutest~!"

3_2.png

Cagliostro deals Reinforce upon all allies. This healed them.

Cagliostro analyzes the fight for a bit. It looks like she had to do it now. If anything, the fight will last long enough for her to do it again.

"For your information, Diablo, I'm anything but shy. Now, let's see how you deal with this. Phantasmagoria!" Cagliostro exclaimed as a surge of energy flowed through every ally.

54_2.png

Phantasmagoria was dealt upon all allies. It removed one debuff from them, presumably a stun or paralysis from Diablo's attack, and boosts their defenses greatly, and their attack even more. The attack boosts in particular seemed monstrous, potentially adding to it before doubling and tripling it."

latest

"Swipe this away, Diablo!" Cagliostro cackled as Ouroboros split into two once again. Cagliostro casted her alchemy, shattering the ground beneath Diablo, engulfing and crushing him between boulders. With Phantasmagoria's attack buff, this was going to hurt a lot.

"You're strong and well-capable of surviving that, that I can definitely say," Cagliostro comments.​

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Atomyk @Hana @Otto @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Last edited:
"Pathetic."

oshitfukwaithango--

RIP.

Shirou clicked his tongue in annoyance as his shots were evaded. It seemed like it'd take some tricks to get his shots to land properly on Diablo. Before he had much time to plan though, a shockwave followed by strikes of lightning threatened to strike him.

But before he could even react, Setsuna had taken it upon herself to cover for him.

He could imagine why. When Clark had become aggressive against him, she'd automatically moved to confront Clark. She was rather intent on protecting him, even if he hadn't really asked her to. The act itself may have been something selfless, but as it was something she decided to do herself as far as he was concerned, he'd just thought of it was something good for her.

Damn was he wrong.

Thanks to his own Malignant Tumor Apoptosis, he couldn't touch her or he'd infect her as well. Fortunately at least in that regard, Schala had already gotten on it and begun to move Setsuna to safety. Shirou's grip on his gun tightened, his ever-present smirk dropping.

"Setsuna. Heal yourself. That's gonna be your priority number one, got it?"

His ability and skillset was ill-suited to helping a downed teammate out. The only thing he could offer was to take down the enemy before they could cause any more harm. So hoping for the various healing spells being thrown around to do their job, Shirou began to do his.

In a blur of inhuman movement, Shirou seemed to practically warp behind Diablo, pressing the muzzle of his gun against whatever part of Diablo he could find.

"Hey. Who gave you permission to do that, huh?!" His body almost seemed to pulse for a second, his eyes red with fury as he once again pulled the trigger. This time, his shots would be at point-blank range, more akin to a punch or kick than a projectile. The roar of gunfire preceded the strike of his disease-ridden bullets, each only aiming to strike somewhere, anywhere on Diablo's body. All to inflict his incurable disease.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Otto @Crow @Everyone

"Pathetic."
Damn. That wasn't supposed to happen. Twisted Fate's attack may have done some damage, but the smoke that he created ended up causing harm for the entire group. This wasn't his intention, but it was embarrassing nonetheless. He rarely made mistakes like this, mostly because he was often able to predict the outcomes of his actions. T.F's smile turned into an annoyed frown. He would have to think carefully next time.

latest
latest

He noticed the electricity coming towards him and used Gate to teleport himself to a safer spot. Just before he dematerialized, he threw some blue cards toward Diablo's legs in an attempt to disrupt his balance. If they hit, Twisted Fate would regain lost mana.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hana @Verite @Crow @Everyone

"Pathetic."

RL4D8TZ.png

"He evaded... my attack?" Cagliostro was in shock. "Huh, if I can't make him weaker, I'll just have to make us stronger."

Cagliostro hops onto Ouroboros to begin flying on it, evading the electrical surges.

"Hey, losers! Get on!" Cagliostro laughs, urging others, especially those incapable of levitation to get on Ouroboros' back.​

3_2.png

Cagliostro analyzes the fight for a bit. It looks like she had to do it now. If anything, the fight will last long enough for her to do it again.

"Now, let's see how you deal with this. Phantasmagoria!" Cagliostro exclaimed as a surge of energy flowed through every ally.

54_2.png

Phantasmagoria was dealt upon all allies. It removed one debuff from them, presumably a stun or paralysis from Diablo's attack, and boosts their defenses greatly, and their attack even more. The attack boosts in particular seemed monstrous, potentially adding to it before doubling and tripling it."

latest

"Swipe this away, Diablo!" Cagliostro cackled as Ouroboros split into two once again. Cagliostro casted her alchemy, shattering the ground beneath Diablo, engulfing and crushing him between boulders. With Phantasmagoria's attack buff, this was going to hurt a lot.

"You're strong and well-capable of surviving that, that I can definitely say," Cagliostro comments.​

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @penguin055 @Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Yun Lee @Bomb @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @york @Takumi @Gands @Atomyk @Hana @Otto @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone
JKjUMfl.jpg

"I... Don't have enough magoi left to make another attack like that-"

The princess was panting for breath after the massive tornado swept away the cloud of fog, revealing a pointedly missing Diablo. She tightened her grip on her spear, a look of frustration and helplessness momentarily crossing Hakuei's normally positive appearance. Having used up a lot of her magoi just to fuel that Extreme Magic was taxing on her; it hadn't been long since she had just mastered her djinn equip. Her reserves weren't quite up to the task of keeping up with powerful attack after powerful attack.

Drifting to the ground, Hakuei nearly dropped to her knees. A tight grip on the spear kept her from falling over as she bowed over slightly, catching her breath.

When the waves of electricity traveled from the ground, shockwaves racing towards the group, Hakuei startled out of her brief respite, but not nearly fast enough to avoid all of the strikes. She bit back a cry as the shocks painfully tingled up and down her body, on impulse taking to the air again before it got the better of her. Parts of her felt singed, but the princess managed to avoid the worst of it.

"Augh... Bastard. Don't underestimate us!"

Gritting her teeth and fighting against the dizziness, Hakuei noticed the others' efforts and mustered two smaller tornadoes to attack and trail Diablo.

@Verite @Takumi @Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @BossBattle

"Pathetic."

Azura gave a small cry of pain when Diablo attacked, stumbling onto her knees momentarily she panted, tired from overusing her ability plus from Diablo's attacks.

JKjUMfl.jpg

"I... Don't have enough magoi left to make another attack like that-"

The princess was panting for breath after the massive tornado swept away the cloud of fog, revealing a pointedly missing Diablo. She tightened her grip on her spear, a look of frustration and helplessness momentarily crossing Hakuei's normally positive appearance. Having used up a lot of her magoi just to fuel that Extreme Magic was taxing on her; it hadn't been long since she had just mastered her djinn equip. Her reserves weren't quite up to the task of keeping up with powerful attack after powerful attack.

Drifting to the ground, Hakuei nearly dropped to her knees. A tight grip on the spear kept her from falling over as she bowed over slightly, catching her breath.

When the waves of electricity traveled from the ground, shockwaves racing towards the group, Hakuei startled out of her brief respite, but not nearly fast enough to avoid all of the strikes. She bit back a cry as the shocks painfully tingled up and down her body, on impulse taking to the air again before it got the better of her. Parts of her felt singed, but the princess managed to avoid the worst of it.

"Augh... Bastard. Don't underestimate us!"

Gritting her teeth and fighting against the dizziness, Hakuei noticed the others' efforts and mustered two smaller tornadoes to attack and trail Diablo.

@Verite @Takumi @Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @BossBattle

Azura glanced towards the woman who she felt was another sister, light concern crossing her features as she pushed herself to her feet with aid of her Naginata.

Taking another breath, she'd sing again to rejuvenate her allies once more and cause a tornado of water to begin to form and track Diablo like Hakuei's own. Raising her Naginata afterwards, if any of the water from the last attack was on the ground would rise and move towards Diablo as a watery crescent that had great force.

After this, she would only have so much energy left, and was ready to push herself harder of she had to. She could already feel a bit of strain on her being but she pushed through.

@Hana @Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Verite @Atomyk @The Myrmidon @Reunion

Linda was shocked when she saw Ada. She had learned better to question how things happen and how she was alive when she had accidently taken a part in killing her. She let loose a stream of tears and rushed over to Ada, attempting to pull her into a hug. " I'm so sorry, I-," she didn't have the words to express how she was feeling and simply kept crying. She also held Ada's old gun out, offering it as a gesture of good will. Well, as good will as a weapon that murdered people could be. She really did miss her.
Meanwhile, Lucifer looked over at everyone. There wasn't exactly anyone dead who he wanted to- well, that was a lie. He walked over to Cullen. " I feel bad about making you- well, you know. I didn't want to do- what I am trying to say, I'm sorry... to all of you, " he said, looking over at everyone. If he had a choice, he would say sorry to everyone earlier, but he felt that one person deserved more of an apology. He walked over to Penny, Warpath and Jason. " Can we talk?" He asked.

Penny would study Lucy carefully. This Man had befriended him under false pretenses, stringed him and the others along all for the sake of some sick twisted game. It was not amusing to him, and it angered him.

"Fine"
Might as well let the man speak, and attempt to get some of the guilt off of his soul, if he had one. But Penny would be ready to kill Lucy if he tried to attack.​

"Pathetic."

That's it!

3_2.png

"For your information, Diablo, I'm anything but shy. Now, let's see how you deal with this. Phantasmagoria!" Cagliostro exclaimed as a surge of energy flowed through every ally.

54_2.png

latest

As soon as Doremi's cries were heard, Jabbers dashed in front of Doremi, taking the attack in her place.

Naomi was tossed aside like a cheap paper doll. Her back hit the wall of the room. The force knocked her breath away, however, she wasn't quite ready to give up fighting. She saw Diablo preparing the lightning attack and struggled as best she could to get on Ouroboros's back. She felt a hand guiding her up, lifting her onto the serpent. "Thank you," she said to both Cagliostro and the person who helped her. Once she was on the serpent's back, she turned and saw it was Navel who had lifted her. "Get up here yourself, Little Guy," Naomi attempted to cry out. However, it was too late, and electricity surged through Navel's body.

He collapsed to his knees with the pain caused by the electricity, yet he quickly felt rejuvenated by Cagliostro's magic. He assured Naomi, "Don't worry, I'm okay. Keep on fighting!" With his strength returned, he moved to Jabbers's side and helped him to his feet.

Meanwhile, Naomi hopped off of Ouroboros and down to Alice's side. Aiding her with the borrowed katana, Naomi guarded Alice, in case Diablo made any further moves once he realized people were headed to the Tesseract. "Keep on your guard," Naomi warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.