Moody's Search (Still looking as of Feb 23!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mhm, quite a while.

That's correct. They're very small coins. Before I measured my fingernail, I used that as a comparison for the coins.

Ah, well those seem difficult even to mint but I suppose they're very light as well.

Since they're mainly just little balls of gold smashed with a stamp, they're not too terrible on the workers, especially since they have a frame that lets them stamp many at once.

And yes, they are at least light. Used to be before the crash, one coin was set to the price of a small loaf of bread, so to ensure people didn't have coins worth more in weight than in value, the coins were made small.

That makes a lot of sense, and avoids multiple denominations.

Mhm. And bread was highly regulated, up until it stopped being linked to the price of gold. Bakers who repeatedly tried to cheat their customers or the government were severely punished. Now, since it's much less regulated, that's not an issue.

Not only amusing, it's a real world historical thing. Grain was a regulated commodity throughout Europe (at least), and there were bakers who were severely punished for trying to cheat people out of bread so they could make more loaves to sell. It's super fascinating!

As interesting as I've found it on occasion, I'm a poor student of history so I've never heard of that.

I just found out by browsing Imgur, actually. It has some weird stuff. =)

Mhm, though I'm trying to cut back. It's a huuuuge time-suck, and if I have other things I need to do, I often neglect them. >.o

Yes it is, Blue. Do you have an interesting character in mind for it? =)

Well, I read about your character. I'm guessing your night time monsters are based off of minecraft, which is cool. I'm kind of thinking of a guy getting shot by a skeleton and shows up on her door step half dead. A) he has the ability to stop the monsters, and she agrees to help because their nasty or B) He knows how to stop the monsters, but doesn't have the magic abilities to do it, but she does. I'm still fleshing him out. He also needs a dark secret.

I'm looking for a very specific plot with her-- the one already outlined in her little section. It does not involve hunting the monsters, nor does it involve anyone from her same world. I prefer the guy she brings into her world to be at least wary of magic, as well. I am very picky on this, because it is the only 'pairing' plot I'm interested in at the moment.

Alright, I think it's safe to say my progress on this has been limited. I'm sorry for letting you down, but I'm not feeling motivated to write so I hope your other interested parties turn out better.

Aw. It's alright. Thanks for letting me know =) Have a wonderful holiday season.

Please do! =) Keep being awesome.

Still looking! Any people interested in the BC Corp Timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.