Moody's Search (Still looking as of Feb 23!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, most Saldeclans are able to defend themselves against weaker monsters, so it wouldn't be difficult to have some combat abilities. Most of the threats in Tradzhek can be fended off with moderate ease by even the squishy barons.

As for why bows and swords aren't viable, the people need wood for heat, so a bow to them seems wasteful-- using wood to shoot wood projectiles they can't reuse. They'd mostly rather use metal they get for tools than for weaponry, as well. The people don't have a lot of any kind of wealth, so they use their resources in a way that will be productive toward survival. =)

I knooow. I can't believe how fun it was to work on. <3

Bump. Got a few more ideas that need some love! =)

I promise I'm less scary than my first post would imply!

I'm still looking. Front page updated to remove the scare factor.

Are you looking for more plots to unfold in Saldecla? Or do you prefer a more 'one at a time' approach with your settings?

Are you looking for more plots to unfold in Saldecla? Or do you prefer a more 'one at a time' approach with your settings?
I'm looking for more plots, yes! I take it you're interested? =)

I'm looking for more plots, yes! I take it you're interested? =)
I am, though I'm not sure about my current schedule. Before I delve into the wiki, which I only briefly glanced at earlier, do you have any specific regions you would like me to look at for an RP between us?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've had an early morning and a long day.

Back on topic, I have someone who's called dibs on Driazhek, Tradzhek, and Lushzhek. I'm not very interested in Icesog right now, which leaves Hotazhek and Kotazhek as the two I'd most like to play in, followed by Highpoint, the Koldazhek Cave Region, and finally Fayezhek.

Hotazhek is ideal if you want to have someone who hunts for a living, is an artist, or is involved with recreational drugs. Kotazhek tends to be neck-deep in politics (depending on the character pitch, I may allow nobility for this). Highpoint is a region I've not explored in-depth yet, and depending on wealth, can have vastly different experiences. The Koldazhek Cave Region is where I want to explore the somewhat tribal lifestyle of the people who live there, their views on monsters, and I want to explore the lore around the cave itself. Finally, Fayzhek is a good place if you're interested in dealing with the fairy forest and its touchy politics, logging, and possibly smuggling.

Alright, I have read the available information. No sharply defined idea strikes me yet, but I find Kotazhek's political aspects to be very compelling. The magic in the Koldazhek Cave Region also seems like it would be interesting to investigate, though I haven't finished the section on that yet. Finally, I like Hotazhek, but I'm not sure how well I could write their given my unfamiliarity with the type of environment it seems to have. I could of course take this as an opportunity to go outside my comfort zone, but I don't often do one-on-one RPs and would prefer to focus on doing my best.

Edit: And no need to apologize, I was the late one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to play out some more politics, so if Kotazhek is what you want, let's go with that one. I don't have much information on the Koldazhek Cave Region yet, so hopefully it's enough to offer some details. I'll be updating Kotazhek as well before long, if we go for that region.

Alright then, I would definitely be interested in being involved in the political events unfolding in Kotazhek. I am thinking of perhaps a Baron's son, if that's acceptable, a third child who is not likely to be an heir.

That sounds good to me. As third son, he'll likely be sent off for an education at the academy, either in magic or one of the other study programs. I'm working on a wiki page at the moment, but for the time being, it's safe to say that the academy is a good place to start on the politics.

Yes, that does sound good. I have read up on magic, the limited information on academies, and current events.

I updated the academies page further, so it should be more helpful.

If you haven't, other helpful pages inclide the page on humans, whichever blood you want to play (magic-using or not), the making characters section (ugly-looking, but informative), hierarchy, and (when I'm finished) history. Those should cover most, if not all topics a member of nobility will be familiar with.

I had plenty of time today, so I spent a bit of time on your wiki and have pretty much read everything except for the information on some of the duchies. It was all very helpful, and easy to find.

Oh, nice! I did update the hierarchy page just about a half hour ago, and I'm mid-creation of the history page.

Do you have more ideas now for expanding on your character? If so, I'd love to hear them.

Well, his name will be Luc Vauclain. Since he has little significance within the inheritance of his own modest house, he has become more ambitious than his older brother (the heir) and wants to attend the Academy in Kotazhek to further his political education and develop his own reputation, if the opportunity arises. He has also heard rumors of a brewing hostility between Saldecla and People's Republic, and if he graduates before such a war begins he thinks he will seek to study strategy at the Academy in Driazhek.

Very nice so far. The Vauclain family, since the name means wealthy one (according to behind the name), likely manages a place with heavy trade, likely near the border with Fayezhek, and in the southern earldom, and likely were founded by a clan who was very inventive and found ways to increase their wealth back before gold lost its value, or quickly adapted to the change in gold values before they could suffer the same losses as the rest of the kingdom. Another option, they could have been the ones to suggest the new system.

Most nobles are proud of their family history, so this is something that would be extremely helpful to know.

Either of those would certainly add some prestige to his name. I actually got Luc Vauclain from behind the name so I knew that, it's a very helpful site.

What is the new system?

The new system involves using coins as a sort of penny to stand in for a certain type of freshwater pearl. 25,000 coins have the worth of a single pearl, which keeps their worth steady. When taken to the treasury, a person can exchange coins for pearls if they so desire.

That it is. Nicely done. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.