Moody's Search (Still looking as of Feb 23!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I did read that I just didn't know it was what you were referring to.

I think it could be a combination of both, they would still need to have been inventive and clever to have survived to provide the suggestion. Luc will be a pure blood, and I don't think he will have the mercantile acumen of his predecessors (it'll be another reason his family doesn't expect much from him, which grants him more leeway in his own decisions).

No problem-- there's a lot of info there, and I'm sometimes pretty unclear on stuff.

He sounds good! I'm gonna finish up the Kotazhek page, which should be useful knowledge if you want to write up a backstory.

Alright, thank you. I'll take a look in the wiki when it's finished and start giving this character more definition.

Kotazhek's page is mostly done. I've included all topics I can think of, at least. Feel free to shoot me any questions you may have.

Alright I will, I got busy with another RP so I haven't had the opportunity to work on my character yet (I hope that isn't too irritating).

No problem, I have no issues waiting, and no fear on me being irritated over being in other RPs. I ain't that jealous a partner. =)

Good to hear, I'm free for the week so I'll definitely contribute some time to it tomorrow and I will most likely have a fairly polished character by Wednesday.

Awesome. I'll continue work on the wiki, in the meantime. Throw me all your questions! I demand it! AHAHAHA!

Sorry, little excited.

That's alright, I have no problem with excitement. ^_^

I imagine I'll have questions once I start work on the character, and I'm checking the wiki again for updates.

"and I will correct those who use the word "would" in place of a past tense verb. I can supply examples and explanations on request."

What exactly did you mean by this? I wouldn't mind an example, I'm not very technically inclined when it comes to writing (most of my ability has been gained outside of the classroom, through reading).

Basically, I've seen so much misuse of "would" that it's become a major annoyance for me. It's one misuse in particular, actually-- using it in place of a past tense verb.

People type the following:
"Nathan would draw his sword and would wait to be noticed."

And when I ask what they mean, they say that he drew his sword and waited, meaning this is the sentence they should have typed:
"Nathan drew his sword and waited to be noticed."

I find this link helpful for using "would" correctly.

Ah, well I am relieved that I have never known myself to make that mistake.

Awesome, awesome. =) Means less confusion for my poor brain. lol

Glad to help. ^_^

I'm working on his family now, setting the roots down before I work on the bio itself.

A roleplayer after my heart, you are.

I'm damn excited for this!

It'll be fine, I'm sure. If there are issues, we can talk them over.

When was the gold surplus discovered? Where? And why not account for it by making gold coins larger, they seem very small.

Year 122 seems a good pick for when it was discovered in Highpoint (in fact, it's the reason for the Gildefont's family name).

As for not changing the coins, it just didn't occur to them. Most people were in a panic over suddenly being dirt poor.

Year 122? Alright, so it's been a while.

And you have the coins mentioned as being 8 mm in diameter, but by my measurements that is about half the size of a U.S. penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.