Moody's Search (Still looking as of Feb 23!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I still prefer the celestial warrior. Shall we go with him?

Absolutely! I'll get his sheet up and discuss a little more where everything would starts out in?

Awesome, and I'm game.

Is what I suggested a good start?

Yes, it would give him a reason to push through with it and actually try hard.

Awesome. I'll give you a brief bit of info that I forgot to earlier.

Elves are gifted with physical abilities-- strength, speed, dexterity, and a sort of wild sense/intuition for the natural world, that sort of thing. Humans are the ones gifted with magic, creativity, intelligence, and a drive to learn. This is the reason humans view themselves as above elves.

Other than that, every bit of relevant info is in Ziek's profile on f-list, in at least one of the tabs along the top. =) If you like, I can set up a thread for us. Here's the layout I use:

Post 1​
I post the summary and any notes I want to keep track of/keep accessable.​
Post 2​
You post whatever notes and character information you want accessable.​
Post 3​
I start up the RP.​

Does that look good for you? This way, we can just check the front page if we forget something.

Alrighty, I'll have the sheet up soon and the extra information. Just need to slightly adjust the character to the setting then it will be good.

Alrighty. I suggest leaving your character as neither human nor elf, since race affects the magic.

My character would be an angel-like being (A weaker version of an angel) so he would have no ties to humans nor elfes.

Alrighty. Can't wait to see. =) If I have any questions once it's up, I'll pop you a message.

So I was looking at your list of characters, and the forest witch Ellith jumped out to me. I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask you. She seems nice, can I learn more about her? Where is she from? When you say the men who end up in her care are not from her setting, does that mean they've been teleported from another world somehow (like the Pehl-la premise) and have no idea who she is or where they are?

And that was BEFORE I read her Charahub page and realized what the setting actually is. XD

If you are still seeking partners, count me very interested in this story. Now that I know what the setting is referencing, I'd like to ask some more specific questions pertaining to it and how it would tie in with my character.
  1. Would my character perceive the world as looking normal (realistic) or as looking strange (blocky)?
  2. Would you prefer my character to be from somewhere completely separate from Ellith's setting, treating it as truly a fantasy alternate universe, or would you rather he be from modern Earth and recognize the world for what it is?
A good sample of my 1x1 RP style is here. Let me know if you are interested in RPing with me. This sounds super fun.

@FiliaFlammae:
Hey! Thanks for your interest!

The setting will look realistic, and I don't want any characters from Ellith's setting at all. They can be from space, modern day, different fantasy settings, or anywhere else, but not from her same setting. I'd prefer it not be recognized for what it is, either.

Usually the abductions happen then the man being kidnapped is unconscious, asleep, or feverish enough that he has no idea what's going on. His life will be in danger before he's taken though, and he'll have been aware of it, even if it's not an immediate risk, but one that might take time to kill him.

Also, your style makes me very happy. You use past tense, third person, and don't misuse "would". <3 I... was actually almost tempted to type a reply until I remembered that wasn't an RP I'm in! lol

@Rain of the Night:
S'alright. Just remember, I'm more than happy to start the RP itself. Just post your info when it's ready. =)

@The Mood is Write
Ah, thank you! I'm flattered my writing appeals to you. :)

Considering that explanation of the setting, I've got just the character for this. How much of a character sheet would you like, and would you rather I post it here, in a new thread, or in a PM?
Usually the abductions happen then the man being kidnapped is unconscious, asleep, or feverish enough that he has no idea what's going on. His life will be in danger before he's taken though, and he'll have been aware of it, even if it's not an immediate risk, but one that might take time to kill him.
Just to confirm I'm reading you right: does that mean my character starts out in mortal peril of some kind in his home world, gets knocked out/falls unconscious for some reason, and then wakes up in Ellith's world?

@FiliaFlammae:
You can post it either here or in PM-- either way works.

And yes, your character starts out in mortal danger and when he falls asleep or loses consciousness, he wakes up in Ellith's house. Fairly simple, yes?

Spoiler'd for huge-ass picture. (Art is mine.) Please let me know if you have any problems with this character, and I'll do what I can to make him more palatable.
sudarshan_by_filiaflammae-d7pur7n.png

Name: Sudarshan
Species: Naga
Homeland: the Kingdom of Umberfall
Summary: Sudarshan hails from a world where many creatures of myth and legend coexist. His home, Umberfall, is a small country with a less than hospitable landscape; good agricultural ground is in high demand. He has made his living as a member of a five-man mercenary band in the western mountains of the area, primarily hired to defend peace-seeking villages from bandits. A man of few words, he is battle-hardened from his line of work and shows few emotions other than suspicion, but his work ethic and sense of justice are unparalleled. He considers himself a guardian or protector above all else. His stubbornness is what keeps the mercenary group from taking on more morally questionable jobs than what they currently do. Though he sees three of his comrades as fire-forged best friends or brothers that would gladly give their lives for each other, the fourth, a nymph named Delia, is the only female in the group, and out of all four of her male colleagues, Sudarshan is the one she seems fondest of. Stoic as he is, he'd never admit the feelings he's been harboring for her in return.
Capabilities: Basically, Sudarshan has a lot of weight to throw around. He generally fights with a two-handed broadsword, but his fists and constricting coils are not to be underestimated either. Chain mail protects his upper body, and his scales serve as light armor for the back of his lower body. His weak point is his belly; he's as good as dead if he gets flipped over.
His body's mode of locomotion prevents him from being able to keep up with a human in a flat-out sprint. However, his sense of smell is significantly keener than a human's, thanks to a highly developed vomeronasal organ on the roof of his mouth that lets him "taste the air" like a snake. Another side effect of being half snake is that his meals consist of a medium-to-large beast swallowed whole, after which he falls asleep for a couple of days and is otherwise completely useless. He makes up for it by not getting hungry or needing any sustenance for a solid two or three weeks afterwards.

I'm a little iffy on the naga aspect, but I like his personality a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.