Mission: Z (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, seemed as if she had crossed state lines again. Addison had stopped keeping track long ago, though it was still both mildly surprising and irritating when she thought she was in Louisiana, only to find out that it was actually Texas. Now, she seemed to be near the border of Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana. She'd been sticking to the small towns and the wild since the beginning of her time alone, unwilling to face a big group of infected again. Not the best plan when she had to keep replacing jeans because there wasn't really an efficient way to track the passage of time. The small towns were the least stocked and rarely had the types of jeans and underwear she preferred.

So she decided to just bite the bullet, so to speak. Shreveport was her destination. Though she wasn't familiar with the place, it wouldn't hurt to grab a backpack and stock up somewhere she had at least heard a lot about. She might even be able to find a place and make some more arrows; she was down an arrow.

-x-

It was slow going. Luck had not been with her - she ran into a group of infected and was barely able to keep from getting spotted by them. Addison heard shooting start up somewhere outside from her hiding place in an abandoned home. A quick peek confirmed some group of idiots cheerfully mowing down the infected, drawing more and more with their noise. She resisted the urge to yell in frustration. How the hell am I supposed to get away now?

With the shooting causing a ruckus and slowly moving closer, she quickly searched the house for anything useful. A couple of granola bars lay scattered across the counter, and a glance into the drawers by the fridge revealed ibuprofen and a half-empty box of bandaids. Not like they could do much with big injuries, but it would help to keep the minor ones from being infected.

The idiot group was only a couple of houses down, now. Everything was shoved into her bow case, which was shoved over her shoulder after she removed her quiver. A moment later, the quiver was attached to the side of her bow and Addison was carefully slipping out of the back of the house. There was a nice privacy fence with a gate that barely even creaked when she opened it despite possibly months of disuse.

When she heard panicked shouting on the street, she knew that she had made a good decision to sneak down the alley in the opposite direction.
-x-
Finally. There was no sign officially welcoming her to Shreveport, since she didn't come in along the road, but it was Shreveport nonetheless. Addison was on alert even more than she had been before. This was a lot bigger than she was used to, a lot more open than she was comfortable with. A quick search into houses didn't reveal anything that she absolutely needed to bring with her. She had been able to eat some nearly-expired canned green beans and corn for a quick meal, but beyond that there was nothing save for an unopened water bottle.

She eyed the hotel not too far away, weighing the chances of grabbing a good sleep against not having a secure location to sleep in. Eventually, she just started walking in that direction, keeping a careful eye out for any infected. A city this big, and no troubles with the infected yet? She was wary.

Otto Williams
Mentioned: Riley, Dexter, Lauren and Hero
-

Otto had been looking for anything he would be able to use, he had been able to find more water thankfully as he scavenged through the entrance of the large city of Shreveport. His feet carried him from one building to another, he stayed on the first floor in the event he needed to beat a hasty retreat back out onto the street after all he rather be able to run then jump if he was surrounded be infected. Nothing Had presented itself for him to take that might help him and frankly it was aggravating to the man so he made his way back out and to the street. He walked slowly with his rifle out and ready, keeping his ears open for the sounds of any infected less one gets behind him but a different sound was carrying itself on the wind.
-
Otto took a knee as he listened to the faint sound he was hearing, it wasn't the sound of infected of that he was sure but then what was it? He moved nearer to the sound trying to get a better idea of what it was, after jogging a few blocks he was able to hear the sound better and it was...a dog barking? Otto hadn't seen or heard many dogs since the outbreak as many had been shot for food by other people from what he saw or they had left the area he had been in due to lack of food for themselves. Along with the barking he also heard what sounded like voices. "Other people?" Otto thought in his head and while part of him said that they might be hostile the other part of him told him it be better to find others to travel with then keep going it alone. "I swear if this is what gets me killed I am going to have a conniption." He thought to himself as he moved to where the voices were coming from.
-
It took him a few minutes to get a proper barring on where the voices were coming from and he had made a few circles to attempt to find them but he was able to hear that he was closing in. He didn't just pop around the corner and yell out, no Otto wasn't stupid instead he peaked his head around the corner to see who was talking. He saw two women, one man and the dog that had been barking the man and one of the women was armed from what he was able to see. The man held a large pistol while the armed woman held a AR-15 of some sort but from what he was able to see all three of the people and the dog were relaxed around each other. "Maybe they all know each other already?" The thought passed quickly through his head before another formed. "Well time to put my life in the hands of complete strangers." The idea sounded asinine to him as well. He put his Springfield on his shoulder with the leather strap so they knew he wasn't trying to shoot them but it was still visible so that they would see it, he then stepped out from the corner of the building and started to walk towards the group of three plus one dog with one hand in the air trying to signal them while the other kept a hand on the strap of the rifle so it wouldn't fall off his shoulder. Otto hoped for the best.
----------------------------------------------------

Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1
Smoked meat x1 pound
Machete x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield

The top of the hill was in sight, and Wyatt pushed himself further, up the incline until his feet no longer stumbled and his leg no longer ached. Many of the people back at Impact Point thought that he was looking to die, sure that a single, old injury would turn him into zombie food at some point or another, but Wyatt was happy to prove them wrong. When he reached the top of the hill, he smiled to himself, sweaty and slightly out of breath under the high sun, but still proud as ever. That feeling of triumph made the pain easier to ignore, and the break that he was just seconds from taking felt more deserved.

Dropping the canvas pack onto the ground beside his feet, Wyatt reached for his hand and slid a hand back through his damp hair. There was a breeze in the air, too warm to be refreshing, but still appreciated as he wiped at the remaining sweat on his face with his sleeve. It was a discomfort that he barely noticed after a life on the farm, and Wyatt replaced his hat like it was nothing before easing himself onto the ground. The grass wasn't as tall as the thistle in the valley, but it was good enough cover and Wyatt was sure that he would see something before it saw him.

That same warm breeze rolled back through as Wyatt set his weapon aside and reached for his backpack. The majority of his supplies were back behind the wall, and he liked to pack lightly in case he found anything useful while looking for others. One thing he didn't skimp on, however, was water and there was plenty to sip on as his breathing slowly returned to normal. Much like the breeze, the water inside of the bottle was warm, but it was clean, and that was all that really mattered.

Taking another small, slow drink, Wyatt gave a look around. There was a highway in the distance—it still looked strange without the heavy flow of traffic—but now it carried passengers of a different kind. He'd run into survivors on that stretch of road a handful of times during the last year, and that was precisely what kept him climbing that hill all the time. He didn't want to miss anyone, didn't want anyone to suffer in the harsh landscape of the new world. There was a part of him that hoped to run into a familiar face one day; maybe Cassandra was still out there.

There was only so much sitting that a man could take, and before long, Wyatt resealed his water bottle and got to his feet. He wanted to keep moving, not ready to turn back just yet. When he straightened up, pack now back on his shoulders, the highway was occupied by more than just abandoned cars. He squinted, able to make out two men and a dog, both with weapons and looking slightly hostile. Not everyone on the road was friendly and they were right to be wary, but Wyatt was excited to see new people. With each living, breathing, human that turned up, humanity sparkled back to life and so did his hope for something better.

Maybe it was stupid to be an optimist, but he hid it well enough as he moved down the side of the hill and toward the highway. He kept the sawed-off on hand, safety off but pointed at the ground as he walked ahead. The grass began to thin and shorten as approached the trio, but Wyatt wasn't trying to hide and didn't feel that he needed the cover. He kept a firm hold on his weapon when grass met concrete and stepped out onto the road behind them.

"Y'all aren't the killing kind, are you?" he asked, which might have been a stupid question, but Wyatt had seen desperation before. It was in the eyes, wild and primal, electric in every person who had been pushed to their breaking point. The two in front of him, the tall man with the German Shepherd, and the lithe blonde, still looked like they had at least a drop of humanity left. If this was the end, though, Wyatt contemplated, at least he'd tried to do some good in his final moments.

Backpack:
12 Gauge Double Barrel Sawed Off Shotgun (1, carrying)
12 Gauge Shotgun Ammunition, 2-3/4 (20 Shotshells)
Hunting/Boning Knife (1)
30oz Water/Water Bottle
Basic First Aid Kit (1)
Tinned Fish (2)
Soda Crackers (2 packages)

Interactions:
@Derp @Mysty

• Love
Reactions: Mysty
Mitchell James Kennedy » FINCH
mentions: --
interactions: Cecilio @Derp, Wyatt @neptune.

♦ ♦ ♦
Finch had arched an eyebrow at the man's apparent sarcasm, before letting out a snort of mild amusement. Well, sarcasm was better than getting shot, that was for sure. His finger still hovered over the trigger, gun still pointed at the man, before she spoke.

"..I'll lower my gun and then you lower yours.. "

Finch still looked at him with an eyebrow raised, examining the man in front of him. The gun was his only protection; save for a switch blade in his pocket, but that wouldn't do much good unless he had the physical upper hand. This guy; he had a dog, riot gear, and a physical advantage. Hesitation and anxiety washed over Finch's face like fresh rain, but he slowly gave in, lowering his gun to his side slowly. If this stranger wanted him dead, he would've shot already, right.. ? That's what he'd tell himself for now as his gun lingered at his side as he learned his name; Cecilio. It had a nice ring to it, it wouldn't be hard to remember. Not that he'd forget the first alive, functioning human he'd seen in at least two weeks.

"..Finch, my name is Finch," the blond said slowly, cautiously, deciding to go by his nickname rather than his real; Finch may be alive, but Mitchell was long dead. However, the caution and serious tone seemed to fade out for a second as the stranger, Cecilio, asked another question. "Oh, you know, taking a nice leisurely stroll through the beautiful meadows." Finch said with dead flat expression, gesturing around the highway as if to say 'what do you think I'm doing?' but in reality, he had just been.. moving forward. As if he hoped he'd run into something, anything, whether it be city, friend, or foe. He had found something, someone, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't at least slightly relieved. It was a reminder that people like him were out there, that people were alive still.

"Y'all aren't the killing kind, are you?"

Y'all were about to scare Finch out of his skin, that's what. The blond visibly jumped; he hadn't seen people in weeks and now they were practically flocking. "If I were the killing type, I would've already shot you, wear a cow bell or something for fuck's sake," Finch bristled, running a hand through platinum hair with a sigh. He was so on edge, on such high alert, that a bird could chirp and he'd scream. Another person's voice was enough to make him jolt, and now he had managed to meet two within the span of minutes. "I haven't seen any sign of life in days.. is there a town around here?" The Brit asked, glancing past Wyatt as if he had expected to see something, but then cold eyes trained back on said stranger. He was still visibly uneasy; finger on the trigger (although, his gun was at his side), shoulders tensed, eyes flicking back and fourth between the two men cautiously. Guarded, but that was to be expected. He'd seen people kill each other over food rather than unite against the common enemy.. was it just coincidence that he ran into two people so quickly? Was it an ambush? Finch swallowed hard at the thought. At least the dog was cute.

♦ ♦ ♦
inventory

* basic glock in waistband.
* switch blade in pocket.
- roughly 45 bullets.
- three granola bars.
- refillable water bottle.
- a few clothing items.
- hygiene items.
- basic medical kit. (bandages, gauze, alcohol pads, etc.)
- photo.

Reactions: neptune
"Ben! The generator that fuels the hot water heater is down again. People have been complaining about not having hot water all morning."
Hearing his name from behind him, Bennet slowed, casting a glance over his shoulder and groaning inwardly when he noticed that it was Sean, the resident busybody, nosy, complainer of Impact Point. The tall, bespectacled man with a hook nose and watery blue eyes was huffing and puffing as he caught up. Jeez, he thought. I wasn't even walking fast.

"Ben, did you hear me?"

"Only my friends call me Ben." The large, dark man growled. "And the generator is down because we're running low on gas, and priorities had to be reallocated. Ask the people who are complaining-" though he suspected that it was probably only Sean himself "-if they'd rather have hot water, or hot food."

"But-"

Bennet whirled around to face the man, dark brows narrowing over even darker eyes. "Listen, do you want to go out and look for fuel? Because you're more than welcome to go endanger your own life out there with the roamers you're more than welcome to do so. But until then, I'm gonna need you to keep your mouth shut and stop complaining. We will have hot water again after we go on a supply run. So for the next couple'a days, either take cold showers, or don't take 'em at all."

The man paled at the anger in Bennet's voice, and before he could muster up another equally annoying complaint, Ben turned and walked away. People like Sean were like parasites. Playing no real role in the governance of Impact Point, and only leeching off of others' hard work. Sure, Sean had to do cleanup duty, or stock, or something equally as boring and tedious just like everyone else, but he'd never be trusted to man the perimeter, or keep watch, or go on supply runs. No, those were jobs saved for the most qualified of individuals that found themselves at Impact Point. People that they could rely on, people that they could trust not to panic and fuck things up when shit hit the fan. People like Bennet. There was no question why he'd risen so high in the ranks in the year or so since he'd been accepted into the community. He was willing to do dirty work. The kind that involved bullets and heads, and not all of those heads belonged to roamers. I'll get my hands bloody if it means that me and mine are safe.

Shoving his hands in his pockets, Bennet continued on his way around the perimeter, the AR-15 slung across his shoulders a comfortable weight against his back. He was second in charge at Impact Point, and, typically, he didn't mind people coming to him with their problems. But the leeches, the ones who contributed nearly nothing to the community yet still had the audacity to complain, those he had a problem with.​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Finch @Mysty , Wyatt @neptune
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
57292e687613d85cd4c1778558580de4.png

Cecilio smiled when they started to talk preferring it much more over shooting and he chuckled a little at Finch's sarcasm finding it refreshing as well as a sort of comfort."Finch...Sound's like a nice nickname..." Cecilio complimented. He looked to Ringo and said "Braver Hund! Gey." Giving a nod towards Finch letting the dog know it was okay to approach the stranger. "Well you've lucked out on coming across the nice guy and his puppy." He said as Ringo approached Finch his tail wagging eagerly and he looked to this stranger with intense curiosity. The dog began to sniff at Finch's legs and feet before standing on his hind legs his front paws on this new person his tail wagging eagerly and already trying to lick this new strangers face. "Just a word of advice about him. If you want him to stop licking you rub his belly. Nearly puts the pups lights out." He suggested to Finch knowing an overly affectionate pooch could be slightly annoying but it must have been a nice change of pace.

Cecilio checked his rifle was still safe and kept it pointed at the ground once more just following his basic procedure. He was certainly more than welcoming for the company though he heard the new voice asking rather unexpectedly "Y'all aren't the killing kind, are you?" From out of nowhere causing a mixture of training and experience to kick in that prompted him to turn and aim at the strangr flicking off the safety before he just as quickly lowered his gun. "Christ! You almost got sent packing straight to kingdom come." He sighed extremely relieved. "Bud if I was the killing kind I would have had taken you down quite a way's from here. You certainly might want to work on that approach and get a vest if you intend to scare the hell out of people." He sighed flicking the rifle back to safe and turning to check on Finch and Ringo who luckily looked more confused having been more focused on finch.

Cecilio sighed and relaxed against the car thinking about this stranger and the new variable that just came along with them but being polite didn't hurt. "Well so long as you're not going try and gun us down. Feel free to join the party. I'm Cecilio and the Pooch is Ringo. So long as you don't try and hurt me or his new friend you don't need to worry about him." Cecilio stated with a friendly smile just glad to see people conversing for the first time in what seemed like weeks to him. He refrained from introducing Finch not sure if he wanted to do it himself or not, "So whats your name stranger?" Cecilio asked politely preferring to have a name to go with the face whenever he met someone. He was genuinely curious about the stranger as well as Finch and to why both of these people were wandering completely alone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
4x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
3x Pistol Magazines (3 loaded)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
4x MRE's
3 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen

Last edited:
Reactions: Mysty

Andre - Location: Impact Point

The knife chipped smoothly and deftly, shavings of wood falling like snowflakes onto the floor. Andre was leaned up against a post, carving a wooden soldier. He was about done, only making the details. The tip of the blade engraving the outlining of the soldier's helmet. Andre blew on the wooden soldier, shooing the sawdust off the soldier. He continued to prick at the soldier before looking up at the sky. A simple smile spread across Andre's face. He inhaled, taking in the enjoyment of the fresh air. After concluding with a relaxing sigh, Andre continued to work on the toy soldier.

Next to him was a bench with a variety of sized knives. They weren't much for killing. They were to shallow or thin, barely enough to cut deep. Next to the selection of carving tools was a row of wooden figures. They weren't any taller than foot long. One was a dinosaur, more specifically a T-Rex. It stood upright, the mouth of T-Rex open. Andre even carved a set of detailed teeth on the dinosaur. Next to that was a cat. The cat was done simply yet with elegance. It had a perfect pose, mid stride of a run, the tail lifted. Beside the cat was the final figure, a girl holding a balloon. This piece had more obvious work than any of the others. The detail seemed professional, practically flawless. The girls arms were stretched upwards, which connected to the string, stabilizing the balloon itself. The girl has pigtails and was wearing overalls. Her pigtails even had the hair braids detailed on.

Andre blew again on the toy soldier, squinting to judge his piece. He was almost finished.

People on the road were jumpy and often unpredictable, but Wyatt couldn't blame them. At the height of the outbreak, he'd seen, heard and done some shit that he wasn't proud of, and that same sentiment carried through the rest of Impact Point. There was always a horror story to be shared around a fire, a warning sign to anyone (like him) who still wanted to see the best in people, and thought to get a little to friendly with randoms on the road. Regardless of every cautionary tale, however, Wyatt couldn't help himself whenever he encountered someone new. Going it alone wasn't just hell—it was a surefire way to die early.

Despite the venom in the lithe blonde's voice, Wyatt didn't take it personally. The strange Brit had every right to be suspicious, but the other man, the one with the dog seemed a little more friendly. On the road, tensions were high and Wyatt had to assume that the pair had only just stumbled upon one another. It was quite the coincidence, maybe even a little bit suspicious, but the lack of anxious tingling in his spine suggested that he was relatively safe. After all, if these two were going to kill him for the pack on his back, or the weapon at his side, they probably would have done it by now.

They wouldn't have been asking questions, either.

"No," Wyatt said, shaking his head, "I'm not the killing kind either." He appreciated Cecilio's friendly smile and moved to shake the man's hand, but didn't approach the dog. The pooch seemed busy enough with the blonde that had yet to introduce himself and he didn't want to make waves. Out in the open, unease was one of the hardest things to combat. There was still a chance that wires could be crossed, someone would get pissed off and everything would go to hell. Avoiding hostilities was a pretty high priority.

Taking his hand back, he finally introduced himself, "I'm Wyatt. Ain't got no dog, but I'm out here like one an awful lot." He chuckled and gave a shrug, the same kind he'd been giving for years, the one that suggested he did what he had to. "And yeah, there's a town about ten miles back over that hill," he answered the Brit's original question. "I saw you down here and thought I'd come see what was up. You just passing through, or you looking to hang around for a while?"

Impact Point was about the best anyone was going to do for a while, and although Wyatt and many others had tried to explain that to the people who insisted on leaving, it never seemed to sink in. There were many motivations for moving forward—family, friends, uncertainty—Wyatt couldn't blame anyone for that either and there were plenty of times when he wondered what was left of the world.

Backpack:
12 Gauge Double Barrel Sawed Off Shotgun (1, carrying)
12 Gauge Shotgun Ammunition, 2-3/4 (20 Shotshells)
Hunting/Boning Knife (1)
30oz Water/Water Bottle
Basic First Aid Kit (1)
Tinned Fish (2)
Soda Crackers (2 packages)

Interactions:
@Derp @Mysty

Mitchell James Kennedy » FINCH
mentions: --
interactions: Cecilio @Derp, Wyatt @neptune.

♦ ♦ ♦
Finch's meaner dispositions seemed to fade as the dog started jumping at his legs, and a crooked smile graced his lips. The dog did a good job of assuring Finch that these two meant no harm, but the stranger was another story. Hesitation was apparent on the boy's face before he eventually just gave in and gave the dog attention, getting down on one knee so he could pet the dog, soon making a spluttering noise as the dog licked his face. "Oh god," Finch spit out, however, the crooked smile was still on his face, "hi puppy," he chirped. If all it took was a dog to get Finch to be less mean, then get this boy his own puppy farm.

He scratched behind the dog's ear, only half listening to the conversation going on beside him, before he looked up when the stranger had introduced himself. Wyatt. Finch seemed to think on the name for a second, probably trying to stick the name to the face, before his gaze flickered from Cecilio and Wyatt. He was never good at hiding his facial expressions, confusion washing over his face. How did people just talk to each other? Like the world wasn't crumbling around them? Not like Finch was ever a people person anyways. He probably would've preferred the dog's company in a normal circumstance.

He followed Wyatt's words to glance over the hill. The blond seemed to do a lot of his talking with his expressions, his eyes, anything he failed to say was as clear as day on his delicate features. Ten miles over the hill, huh? Finch blinked as he realized that he had failed to speak words that weren't dog related, clearing his throat. "Ten miles? Is that where you're from?" Finch asked, the edge seeming to gradually fade from his voice. He was still gaurded, cautious, but seemed a little less hostile. He seemed to ponder Wyatt's question for a moment, before he huffed. "If I were to say I knew, I'd be lying," Finch admitted, looking a little past Wyatt to see the continuous stretch of highway. "I've just been walking for the sake of not loosing my sanity, just hoping I'd run into something useful." Finch said, giving Ringo another pat on the head as he spoke.
♦ ♦ ♦
inventory

* basic glock in waistband.
* switch blade in pocket.
- roughly 45 bullets.
- three granola bars.
- refillable water bottle.
- a few clothing items.
- hygiene items.
- basic medical kit. (bandages, gauze, alcohol pads, etc.)
- photo.

Reactions: neptune
"Lauren?" He squinted, dropping the gun. "What? How..?" Seriously, what were the odds. They hadn't seen their cousin since their family reunion two or three years ago. He hadn't had any contact with his dad's side of the family since the initial outbreak, and had presumed them all dead. "I don't understand how you got here." He said finally. "But it's nice to see you're alive."
"Dex! Oh, you three are a sight for sore eyes."

Laurie let go of Hero and rose to hug Dexter, glad to see her cousins safe. She sorta figured at this point that Uncle didn't make it, if they were together.​
He put his Springfield on his shoulder with the leather strap so they knew he wasn't trying to shoot them but it was still visible so that they would see it, he then stepped out from the corner of the building and started to walk towards the group of three plus one dog with one hand in the air trying to signal them while the other kept a hand on the strap of the rifle so it wouldn't fall off his shoulder. Otto hoped for the best.
Looking over Dex's shoulder, however, Lauren saw a tall, bearded and aged man. He seemed innocent enough, at first glance, but she thought the others ought to know.

"Dex. Old dude behind you, looks chill."

Laurie released Dex and took a place beside him as the newcomer entered their view.

"Yo, old guy, you cool?"

Her hands went to her sides in a relaxed pose, but they were visibly close to her pistols in their underarm holsters. Seemed this guy had the same idea, but last time she trusted some random old dude... The only thing keeping her cool right now was that the guy was obviously not carting slaves, but also would have little advantage to take advantage of anyone.

BACKPACK
Total Items: 11
Walther PPK/S x2 (8+1 rounds in left, 8 rounds in right)
Box of .32 ACP rounds (32 remaining)
M16A4 (30+1 rounds)
Box of 5.56x45mm rounds (30 remaining)
Survival Ax
Canned fish x2
Tupperware Container (dirty)
Small MP3 Player (dead)
Homemade Medkit (Contains Levofloxacin, Gentamicin, and bandages)​

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota K5
Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Finch @Mysty , Wyatt @neptune
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
57292e687613d85cd4c1778558580de4.png

Cecilio took Wyatt's hand and firmly shook it releasing it and seeming slightly pleased he saw another decent human being for once. "Well Wyatt you got more stones than most people I know. Not many people are comfortable being out about with only two shots." He said pointing out his shotgun with a chuckle. He listened slightly shocked they were rather close to a safe area though he had his partial doubts. "Didn't even think about it at the moment. I was just trying to look for a place for me and the pooch to rest for the night." Cecilio told Wyatt honestly. Most places Cecilio tried to take shelter in wound up being run by tight knit former communities or tyrants either didn't like the presence of outsiders and it usually ended with the place going to hell or him getting kicked out because he was a 'risk'. Prior experiences like that lead him to a little more cautious of people like Wyatt though he felt the man meant well.

Ringo meanwhile was beaming with the attention that Finch was giving him letting out loud happy whines and whimpers. The dog nuzzled the hands that pet him and he tried to lick Finch's face before ceasing and sitting down simply enjoying the petting his tail thumping on the ground. The dog looked over to this new stranger but didn't seem to bothered by their presence as they made contact with his master. Ringo let out another loud whine when he noticed Finch look over to the man as well not wanting to be forgotten by the new person.

Cecilio pondered for a moment "I wouldn't mind checking this place out if you answered a few questions about it. I'm sure it's a hell of a lot safer but you know how it is out here. What seems like a god send now can be just as easily a trap." He stated calmly. It wasn't that he distrusted Wyatt but he just had to be aware of what he was getting himself into knowing he'd seen the remains of failed havens many times before as he made his way here. "Sorry if I seem a little skeptical all of a sudden. I've just been to places like this before and...Well I'll just say it didn't work out but if this place is the real deal then I guess i could try staying there." He said showing some interest about where Wyatt came from.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s

4x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
3x Pistol Magazines (3 loaded)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
4x MRE's
3 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen

Interactions: @VerbalAbuse @Dakota K5 @JinxMonster

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's good to see you too, Laur." Dexter said sincerely. Though he and his cousin had grown up rather far apart, and rarely communicated other than the occasional Facebook post or chain email, they still got along well. His tone grew noticeably more somber as he continued. "I've had enough of death recently. Enough to last me a lifetime, at least."

He slid his gaze to Riley, who had yet to say anything, and just crouched, holding Hero against her with a distant expression and the ghost of unshed tears lingering in her bright eyes. He understood. They'd managed to keep the subject of their father's death a non-topic, pointedly ignoring it and, for the most part pretending like it hadn't happened... that they were just two siblings on a cross country pilgrimmage of their own accord. But Lauren showing up had thrown a wrench in that and he could only assume that she was reliving the experience the same way he did every time he closed his eyes. Clearing his throat in an awkward attempt to break the silence the three of them had lapsed into, Dexter was about to speak again, say anything to try and ease the tension, when Lauren spoke.

Instantly he squared his shoulders and turned so that he was shoulder-to-shoulder with his cousin, in between the stranger, and Riley and Hero. Since the newcomer wasn't threatening with his weapon, Dexter didn't draw his, but his fingers rested comfortably on the handle of the hunting knife at his belt, ready to use it at the slightest provocation. Since Lauren had addressed the stranger, he stayed silent as he waited for a reply, brows narrowed and eyes intense as his heart picked up a faster rhythm so soon after the adrenaline from Lauren's appearance had faded. This couldn't be good for the heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 3
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (13 pills)
Food: none
Water: none

Interactions: Andre

Though now thoroughly agitated, Bennet finished his rounds without further interruption. He was well received with most of the community at Impact Point, and was often greeted with hellos and how are yous as he passed by. The only people he really had problems with were a few of the men who were jealous about how fast he'd moved up the ladder. People who had been at Impact Point from the beginning and were annoyed that a relative newcomer now held authority over them. But those men proved never to be a real problem. Extra wall duty and patrols for them usually kept them in their place.

Now that he'd been relieved of his own patrol, though, it was time to round up a team. As Sean had so kindly pointed out, they were running low on fuel, and while most of the residents wouldn't complain about the occasional cold shower, he knew that once that temporary status expired, it would become a problem fast. They had enough food to last months, if not years, and already grew and canned their own crops, but fuel, on the other hand, was often hard to find and harder to budget with people who were used to having what, in present situation, counted as luxuries.

But who to take?

As he made his way around the compound, nodding back to folks who greeted him and creating a shopping list in his head (he was low on cigars... wouldn't mind a bottle of good whiskey...), he noticed Andre up ahead. Though he didn't have too much experience with the relatively quiet man, he knew that pretty much everyone liked him, and he seemed intelligent and ready to help. So he stopped a few feet away, thumbs hooked around his belt loops. "Hey, Andre. We're gonna head out tonight and try to get some more supplies - you wanna come?" Though it was, technically an invitation, and not a demand, Bennet was confident that the man would say yes.

BACKPACK (BENNET):
Items: 2
AR-15 (30 rounds)
Canteen
Water: 32 Oz

Reactions: Hexatech
Otto Williams
Interaction: Lauren
Mentioned: Dexter, Hero and Riley
-

His eyes narrowed a bit. "I ain't that old." He thought before looking to the woman who had addressed him. "If by cool you mean am I infected then no, also I ain't gonna go crazy and try and threaten or kill you three or the dog." He paused for a second before looking around, just in the off hand chance their were some infected trying to sneak their way to them. "I heard the dog barking then voices, figured if I didn't hear gunshots after that then you all must be a decent sort and the fact I haven't seen another living person that seemed trustworthy since the whole world fell apart overruled my sense to keep moving along alone." He finished again before observing the three people in front of him, first was the man. He saw the cannon he had at his side, Otto scoffed in his head at the fact this guy was walking around with a desert eagle of all things. "Not only is that 50. AE round that thing fired hard to find it weighs a damn ton to." Otto thought, at least he had a blade and the fact that he had his hand on it instead of his pistol made Otto a little suspicious. "Or he's already out of ammo." Otto had the idea but he didn't want to call the man on it until he found out more about this group. The man himself held his body with experience but had a look of worry on his face. "Military or law enforcement." Otto concluded as he also noted that the man was younger, early to mid twenties if Otto had to wager.
-
He turned his attention to the first of the two women well one woman and a girl if he was honest, the red head. She was young, not even yet twenty but Otto had been wrong before. He also noted that she and the man looked similar. "Family maybe? Brother and sister would make sense." She was armed with a bat but that was all she also didn't seem to...comfortable though he doubted many would be comfortable in this cluster that they all found themselves in. Last but not least was the dark haired woman speaking to him, out of all three she seemed the most prepared. A AR15 was with her along with a sidearm of some sort if he had to guess by where she was resting her hands, she also appeared to be rather fit and as a by product quiet ready to handle these troubling times. She also looked a little similar to the other two but not to the same degree.
-
"Name's Otto Williams by the way, I would tip my hat but a hat I do not have. I would act that you take your hands away from what ever weapon you might be going for, I only have a bolt action and while I am quiet a skilled shooter and hunter with it I doubt I would be able to get off any well aimed shots against any of you before being brought down in a hail fire from one of your firearms Ms. As a matter of fact you could shoot me right now and I wouldn't be able to do a thing about it though I am willing to bet none of you are the type to shoot someone without finding out a bit more about them or their intentions." He paused a bit before taking off his canteen slowly and taking a small drink before speaking again. "As I said my name is Otto Williams and I got two questions for you all. First, What is all your names? Second, may I travel with you folks?" He asked calmly while looking at the group.
------------------------------------
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1
Smoked meat x1 pound
Machete x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield

Andrea - Impact Point

Andre a shot up a look to Ben, a simple smile in response to his question. "Sure, Ben." Andre collected the wooden figures, stashing them on in his satchel before standing upright. Rotating his trunk, he let out a few cracks before exhaling with relief. He walked a path behind Ben, following his lead. Andre knew how dangerous it was outside but he also knew how important it was. Not much a fighter or shooter, he still knew he had what it took to be out there. Some people were just too irrational or spooked, usually causing more of a distraction than a help. Andre wondered how long until this all ended. "Any specific mission?" Andre directed his question to Ben, observing the people around Impact Point. Andre crossed his fingers the place would hold. It seemed like the utopia of a such a dark era but all good things come to an end. He was just hopeful that the end wouldn't be so rash.

As far as she could tell, Lauren would rather just hoof it across the US with her cousins than take along some old dude, but it wasn't her choice from here. She did relax, as the man seemed trustworthy and potentially useful, if they need food, and there's certainly strength in numbers - they could always use a sniper - but with more people means higher standards of necessity. She looked to her cousins and posed the questions.

"What do you guys think? Last time I had a run in with some old dude, I had to ax him a question because he was trying to put the moves on me. He seems useful, though, with his rifle there. I imagine he could help us with hunting."

She looked down to Hero to gauge his feel for the man. If anybody was a good judge of character, it was a dog, and she knew this one already.

"And what about you, boy? Think this dude can be trusted?"

She decided she'd personally abstain from the decision, since it wasn't just her life on the line anymore.

BACKPACK
Total Items: 11
Walther PPK/S x2 (8+1 rounds in left, 8 rounds in right)
Box of .32 ACP rounds (32 remaining)
M16A4 (30+1 rounds)
Box of 5.56x45mm rounds (30 remaining)
Survival Ax
Canned fish x2
Tupperware Container (dirty)
Small MP3 Player (dead)
Homemade Medkit (Contains Levofloxacin, Gentamicin, and bandages)​

Last edited:
Interactions: @VerbalAbuse @Dakota K5 @JinxMonster

Dexter frowned a bit, running his left hand (the one that wasn't hovering over his knife) across the back of his neck. Lauren had totally nominated him to be leader of their group, which he didn't mind, in fact it made him kind of smug. Yes, he knew he had leadership potential, it was nice to see other people acknowledge it. Clearing his throat, he let his arm fall back to his side, eyes canvassing the area behind Otto. It was possible that the man was involved with a group of robbers, or rioters... but, unlikely. Otto seemed like... sort of a loner. He seemed quiet, and honest. And though the end of the world probably wasn't the best time to start trusting people just by the way they looked, Dexter couldn't help but admit that the more people they had with them, the better chance they had at survival. And anyone who had survived this long, especially by themselves, obviously had potential.

After a moment of quiet thought, Dexter nodded once to the man. "I'm Dexter, this is my cousin, Lauren, and my younger sister, Riley. The dog is Hero." He said, gesturing to each of them in turn. "I'd say it was a pleasure to meet you, Otto, but given the circumstances there's not too much pleasure to be had these days." Regardless, though, he extended his right hand, trusting Lauren to keep him covered should Otto try anything funny. And regardless of whether Otto took it, he'd continue.

"We should find some cover, I don't like standing out in the open. Then we can talk more about your second question, and maybe find some food, yeah?"

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 3
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (13 pills)
Water: none

Last edited by a moderator:
Interactions: Andre

He'd been correct in his assumption, as he typically was, and that made Bennet happy. He liked being able to predict things, to read people and know what they were going to do or say. But he didn't read minds, he read people. Body language, tone of voice, that was all he needed. "Great!" He said, perhaps a little too boisterously. He waited for the man to put his supplies away, then waved his hand in a come-hither motion. "Follow me, Andre, we got places to go and people to see." A quick glance to the sky put the time at about 11am, that left them plenty of time to gather a team and head out. Shreveport was a mere hour's drive south, and held potential. Since Katrina, he knew a lot of people had taken to stockpiling food and supplies in case something similar happened again, and it was those little caches he was hoping to find. He rambled off to Andre as they walked, trying to decide who else he'd take with him. Wyatt was always a good choice, but the damned man had taken to wandering the countryside of late and was nowhere to be found. "Our number one priority will always be food and medical supplies." He said. Everyone knew that but he felt it necessary to reiterate, anyway. "But on this run, we have a close second. Gasoline has run short and we've had to cut a couple of the gennys off, so we really need some fuel. We're gonna take the truck-" he said, referring to the giant tank truck that Impact Point had at their disposal "-and hope that we can find an untapped gas station. Most of them will have been hit already, but by amateurs who only drain the pumps, not the resevoirs below. We hit one of those babies and we're crystal clear."

BACKPACK (BENNET):
Items: 2
AR-15 (30 rounds)
Canteen
Water: 32 Oz

Interactions: @JJ @VerbalAbuse @Dakota K5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riley had been so excited to see Lauren, he had wanted nothing more then to embrace her cousin. But when the woman asked about her father Riley couldn't help but emotionally pull away. The thought of her father was still a sore subject for the teen. So instead of answering she allowed Dexter to take over the conversation and Riley crouched down next to Hero. He was now the last thing she had of her parent's.

Wrapping her arms around the pitbull, Riley nuzzled her face into the canine's fur.
Riley forced back tears, she wouldn't allow herself to fall in her own despair. Instead she just tightened her grip around Hero as he gently licked at her face. Hero had always been great on picking up on people's feeling so it wasn't a surprise that he wanted to comfort Riley. "I'm ok." Riley whispered to her furry friend, though she wasn't sure if it was to comfort him or herself.

"Dex. Old dude behind you, looks chill."
Riley tensed up as she heard Lauren announcing the arrival of someone. Was it an Infected!? No, it couldn't be. Lauren wouldn't of been so calm when announcing them. Riley's green eyes looked up from Hero's fur to see a grisly type of man approaching them. Her eyes had just locked on the gun over the man's shoulder before Dexter and Lauren had moved in front of her and Hero blocking her view. Riley slowly stood from her crouched position, she picked up her baseball bat but let it hang loosely at her side. She wasn't dumb enough to think she could take on a gun but she would be damned to look completely helpless in front of this stranger.

Riley stood quietly as she allowed Dexter to handle the situation. Hopefully he would just send the man on his way quickly. Though those thoughts were quickly ashed when Dex had given Otto their names and even invited him to find cover with them. Riley stared at the back of Dex's head like he was crazy. It was one thing to trust Lauren, she was their cousin. But this man was a stranger, they didn't know him. Just like they hadn't known the men who had broken into their home.

"Hero, Pass auf"
Riley gave Hero his guard command quickly. When Hero perked up to attention and stood close to Riley she looked over to Dexter. She wanted to scream at him and tell him he was stupid but she refused. Riley wouldn't dare be seen as childish, so instead she would just ignore both men to show her disagreement. She swung the baseball bat over her shoulder before she turned to look at the Sci-Port that Lauren had came out off. "Lauren, was the Sci-Port secure enough to hide out in?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (Riley):
Items:
Baseball Bat
Lighter x 2
Toilet Paper x 1 roll
Food:
Granola bar x 2
Skittles x 1 packs
Water:
Bottles x 2 (filled)

4nAuzQs.jpg

11th April, 2015 - Harrogate, England
[spoili][/spoili]​
[spoili]
"Happy birthday!"
Looking dumbfounded at the small gift presented to her by her parents, Evie tried to smile widely and act enthused by the disappointingly tiny sized gift.

"Well, go on then, sweetie. Open it," her mother insisted, beaming a honey-sweet smile at the young, amber-haired girl. As her fingers got to work peeling away at the intricate wrapping of the present - no doubt her mother's handiwork - her father let out a small, adoring chuckle.

"I know it's nothing big but we couldn't really afford anything else with the way things are at work. And that party did cost a lot!" he explained, almost as if he could tell that Evie wanted to pout behind her smile. "Still, we know you've being watching a lot of those Japanese cartoons lately and me and mummy thought this would be a good present for you." As the final bits of eloquently-detailed paper fell away, a cardboard box sat in the palm of Evie's hands. Her feigned grin gave way to a thoughtful and intrigued expression, her fingers prizing open the lid. Sat before her now-widening eyes was a pink, ornate pendant in the shape of a cherry blossom.

"Sakura!" she cheered, a feeling of pure elation rushing through her body as she lunged herself at her parents. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's so pretty!"

"I think she likes it," her mother sighed thankfully, smirking to her husband.
[/spoili]

11th April, 2025 - Sheffield, England
[spoili][/spoili]​
[spoili]
"Happy birthday!"
Walking back into her dorm kitchen, Evie was assaulted on all sides by the discharge of party poppers and the flashing of phone cameras. Strands of multi-coloured paper clung to her hair, covering her suprised face. In failure of finding ample words to sum up her emotions, a long 'erm' had to suffice.

"You thought we'd forget?" Elise, her best friend, flatmate and fellow Archery team member asked with an playfully accusing tone.

"N-no!" Evie hastily defended, her cheeks flushing red with embarrassment. It seemed that everyone had gathered for her birthday. Her eyes scanned the many faces, the cornucopia of alcohol that sat waiting on the table and the buffet of snacks that had been assembled. "You guys really didn't need to go to all this trouble," she stressed, trying to remain demure despite her beaming smile breaking through. Proceeding through the pleasantries took some time, everyone wishing her happy birthday, hugs and kisses being exchanged, presents being gifted. It was exhausting, but the feeling of being cared for was nice.

Before long, the party was in full swing and her dorm had turned into some sort of ad hoc nightclub. Finding a comfortable corner, Evie took a moment to speak with Elise and Colin - her course-mate - away from the drinking games and dancing.

"So," Colin opened, finishing pouring Evie her drink, "You two are off to America soon, then, eh?"

"Yup, in June," Evie responded, silently mouthing thank you as she took the cup into her hands.

"Nervous?" he asked.

"Nervous doesn't cover half of it," she chuckled.

"Nervous!? You!?" Elise cut in loudly, lightly jabbing her in the arm. "How do you think I feel?" The two girls shared a small giggle, even though Evie didn't like Elise putting herself down that way. She always felt something of guilt for it. She knew she was better than Elise at archery and that Elise often put herself down because of it, but nothing she could say or do to convince her otherwise would work.

"Well, if it means anything good luck to both of you," he smiled, a moment's silence hanging in the air afterwards. Evie couldn't explain why, but she felt her cheeks growing warm at the sight of Colin's smile. It's not like she'd ever looked at him in a romantic way. It's not that she looked at many guys at university in a romantic way. She'd been quite the romantic recluse, in truth; a fact that Elise was most prudent in pointing out on a weekly basis. Still, her heart started to beat a little faster when their eyes met. Curious.

"You guys hear the news, by the way?" Elise queried, looking between them both. There was a moment's delay before their eyes parted and looked to the third member of the conversation.

"News?" Evie asked.

"Yeah, the guy who made the T.Gondi vaccine died of a heart attack."

"Oh shit, really?" Colin blurted out, obviously shocked. Evie furrowed her brow, obviously as shocked as Colin was to hear the news.

"I wonder if they'll assign someone else to head the research project, then. I imagine they'll keep looking for a cure beyond a vaccine," Evie suggested, taking a small sip from her cup.

"Hey, maybe I'll apply when we go to America," Elise jested with a coy smirk.

"I don't trust you mixing my drinks, let alone chemical vials," Evie laughed in response. "But hey, we can always try!"

[/spoili]
11th April, 2026 - Unknown, America
[spoili][/spoili]​
[spoili]
"Happy birthday..."
The deflated mutter spilled from her lips bitterly as she rubbed the pad of her thumb over her faded-pink sakura pendant. Hiding out in an old, abandoned bar, waiting for a zombie horde to finish passing by wasn't how she'd planned to spend her birthday. Somehow counting down the days to when she turned 21, to when she was really an adult, was soothing after the whole of the world went to hell and she found herself stranded. Still, all of that perseverance to counting the days, it had all amounted to this: swigging from a dusty whiskey bottle, sobbing over memories and mementos.

Reaching into her pocket, she unfolded a battered picture, all torn around the edges. It was a picture of her and Colin, from the date they had 2 days before she left for America. She'd thought back on that day, on that memory, many times. About how he saved up the last of his student loan, how he took her to a fancy Brazilian grill house, how he walked her home and they shared a gentle kiss on her doorstep. If only she'd realized they could have been a couple earlier. Maybe she'd have had more memories like that to look back on. Instead, that was it. One kiss. One evening. After that, it all went to hell.

She couldn't be sure how long she sat in the bar. By the time she moved on, it was no longer her birthday and she'd drank pretty much whatever was left of the alcohol in the place. Still, when she left, she did so with a renewed vigor. She was going to survive this and she was going to see her home again. She was going to see her friends and her family. Most importantly, she was going to do it not for herself, but for Elise.

[/spoili]
Present Day - Shreveport
Interactions: Riley, Dexter, Lauren, Otto
[spoili]

"Hey Evie, it's me again - Evie," Evie spoke aloud to herself. "Just letting you know that you were pretty stupid for deciding to walk down a fucking highway alone, with not many supplies and ruined socks." She sighed loudly as she kept plodding along the tarmac. "My feet are really thankful for all the blisters so if you could go ahead and feel bad about yourself for a bit, that'd be great!"

"Evie, will you just shut up, you're not helping!" she argued back, not even taking a moment to realize that she was arguing with herself.

"No, no! You need to be made aware of what you've done. You're probably going to starve to death on the open road."

"Well, it's either that or get eaten alive by crazy, parasite-carrying zombies. Stop moaning."

"I'm not sure which one's better. Starving is pretty shitty."

"Yeah, I suppose it is. Ah well, who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and find service station along the way. I could slaughter a Big Mac."

"Oooh, Big Mac sounds good-" she suddenly cut herself off. "Wait... am I talking to myself? Wait... am I actually asking myself if I'm talking to myself?" She sighed deeply, shaking her head. "Fuck I need company... and food. Food would be good."

As she proceeded along her route, it wasn't long before she happened upon the town that the roadsigns had being pointing to: Shreveport. Hopefully, there would be food, supplies... maybe a hunting store where she could get more arrows. If all was going well for her, the loot would be rich and the town would be empty. Though, it was rare that was ever the case.

"Ugh, I stink. I really need to find some sort of deodorant... shampoo and - wait... no more talking to myself. First sign of madness," she spoke aloud as she pressed further into town. "Wait... is that... people?" she asked herself, spotting figures further down the road. Hurling herself behind a burnt-out car, she scrambled for cover. If those were people, there was a good chance they had supplies. There was also a chance they might not be friendly, however. Looking about for any vantage points she could discern, she held her position for a time, hoping she hadn't been spotted and that she might be able to learn more about them, possibly even get the drop on them.
[/spoili]​
[spoili]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):

- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Almost Empty)

Food (0):

[/spoili]