Miracle Girls: Out of Order IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akira practically throws herself from the tree, seemingly having no consideration for if she would land safely. Fortunately, she did in fact land upright, but as she precluded to before, she didn't seem to be in a friendly mood. While she didn't seem angry, she definitely looked tired, impatient, like she was about to rip a bandaid off. Addressing the group, "I'm in a particularly dreadful mood right now, so you will have to excuse me for wanting nothing to do with this scene on the first day." Her tone is more neutral than her words suggest, "But right now I feel withdrawn, so I'm going to run this by everyone only once. You are all Miracle Girls now. By infusing your body with chaos, I've made you all eligible for creating contradictions in reality. These contradictions are the only means of permanently defeating the chaos. Contradictions are created by anchoring yourself to an identity. You do this by finding physical objects that are symbolically representative of you, pressing them into your chest, and visualizing the object entering inside of you. The contradiction is created by contrasting the order of the symbol with the chaos inside of you, so the more representative the object, the more powerful the transformation. However, there is a price to this power. Using transformations aggravates the chaos within you, causing it to change you. Your personality, your history, your body, your temperament, your religion, none of these are off-limits. The only certainties you have now, is that you will be a ten-year-old girl, one who cannot forget anything she has been or done from this point forward, and you will never be able to travel far from my location."

Akira starts to lay on the ground, "And everyone here has decided that they had a wish that was worth fighting for. You can disagree with my methods, but I'm willing to use anyone to defeat the chaos. If you hate me for that, you can do what you want to me." Akira shuts her eyes, "I'm going back to sleep. So if you have any questions, ask them now, one person at a time."

Coraline

When Chiyoko had finally taken the biscuit, Coraline looked genuinely happy... Even managing a gentle smile. Though Chiyoko was as abrasive as ever, she didn't seem to even flinch, but instead, bowed politely.

"Thank you." She said softly.

Turning towards Akira, she appeared to be listening to the demi-god very closely... A great sadness seemed to fill her eyes, but that sadness didn't last for long, and instead... Her expression returned to the more stoic one she had when she had first arrived as she sat down in the soft grass once more.

The briefing Akira had given appeared to have put her in a more thoughtfull, quiet mood again.​

"Oh, don't get jealous Himeko, your name's lovely too!"

"Eh?" Himeko blinked, before stating with a reassuring smile, "You don't have to worry about me. It's fine." Though after catching the name 'Sae' again, Himeko was almost ready to respond to Chiyoko, when Akira descended.

"I'm going back to sleep. So if you have any questions, ask them now, one person at a time."

"Um," Himeko began, hand shooting up, still caught in its sleeve. "Er, if we can't forget anything from now on, that means we can forget anything from before? Even the wishes we made?"

Akira continues to speak in a neutral, disinterested tone, "Yes. Your memories of everything before the kiss are all fair game, including your wish. Also, you can do more than forget them. They could change to reflect things that never even happened. You could remember your loved ones as totally different people."

"Uh...perverted girl? I forgot your name, sorry," Zenshiro remarked. At least Shiro had remembered Nadia existed, unlike Chiyoko who seemed to have mentioned everyone except Nadia. "You don't have to worry about me. It's fine," Himeko reassured Nadia, making Nadia sigh in relief. "If you're fine, I'm gon' grab some food!" With a final swing Nadia flew from the branch, landing by the basket with cat-like ease. She was about to grab some food from the basket when Akira descended the tree to give a speech about the nature of their powers. After a couple if lines Nadia grabbed some bread, munching on it as Akira went on.

Nadia paused from her meal when Akira mentioned it was possible to forget anything before now, including memories of loved ones becoming warped. "I can't forget our kiss though, can I? I don't want to forget my first time feeling your lips, Aki-cutie. Even if... Well, at least I won't forget anything about you! Or any of these other darling girls~," Nadia babbled, barely stopping to take a breath, "Oh, right, since we can forget our wish does that mean we can forget the reason we started fighting? Like in a few months I could be battling chaos for some reason other than it seems like fun?" While waiting for a reply Nadia wolfed down the last of her bread.

Akira opens her eyes, looking for Nadia. Akira, seems unhappy about that prospect, but the change in facial expression isn't terribly different from her normal face. Moving over to Nadia, Akira lays her head down on Nadia's lap. Attempting to remain neutral, but tone flickering with emotion, "If you want to remember that badly, that doesn't have to be the last." Akira gets too comfortable, seemingly forgetting about the other components of the question, but after a few moments, she returns to her usual tone of indifference, "You are right. You might forget your purpose. It might change to be something else right underneath your feet."

"Wait, we change every time we use our power? Really?" Zenshiro asked, a look of alarm on his face. He found himself trembling a little from the prospect. "I...ah..." He swallowed thickly before clearing his throat. "It's...just our memories and stuff like that, right? Anything outside of your influence, like my family...They're safe, right? The chaos won't affect them?" He looked extremely worried and was fidgeting from place to place, clearing making his discontent known.

Continuing to lay comfortably on Nadia's lap, "Your actual family is perfectly safe. Changes will always be limited to yourself and your perception of the world. Also, the changes will happen proportionally to the intensity of the contradiction produced by your symbol. Like anything else, it is power with a price."

Zenshiro let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Really? Then I don't really have much to worry about," he said breathlessly in relief. He rummaged through the picnic basket for something else to eat, pulling out a sandwich in a plastic baggy. He took it out of the baggy and nibbled on the food. "I hope we're not causing too much trouble, Akira," he mumbled through his food, once more realizing that he was talking with his mouth full and swallowing, "I mean, since we're all so different from each other and that there may be more fights that can hopefully be stopped."

Suddenly, Chiyoko burst out laughing.

It was not the pleasant kind of laughter, either. It was grim, hateful, scornful. The sarcastic kind that told everyone who heard it that she was anything but amused.

"Oh, yeah, this doesn't sound fishy at all," she barked out. "Not only are we fighting your war, demigod-chan, but we're also at risk of losing our memories. Funny how you didn't mention any of these 'little details' to any of us. So much for these other idiots - " Chiyoko gestured grandly to the other girls, " - signing up for the job with full knowledge of the risks, huh?" Chiyoko sent a look to Kaoru. "Still think I'm being an ass? This sounds even worse than anything I could come up with."

Chiyoko then glanced at Nadia. "Honey, you may want to find another skirt to chase. This one smells fishier than crotch rot...."

Succinctly, "I told everyone that they would change. More specifically, I said..." Akira takes the same practiced routine tone she took when she first delivered the line, "And lastly, you will be infused with chaos. This will become the source of your power. As you use it, you will change."

Somehow Nadia had ended up with Akira resting in her lap, the demi-God actually looking rather comfortable. Whilst Akira was resting there Nadia kept her legs almost stone still, an amusing contrast to the fidgeting of the rest of Nadia's body, such as the juggling of a couple of apples from the picnic. Nadia opened her mouth to say something after Akira answered her question, but Zenshiro blurted out her concerns before Nadia had the chance. A slight pout settled on Nadia's face, until Chiyoko directed a comment at her.

"Ehhh, you called me honey? I thought you were only able to insult people- or maybe you're making an exception for me, since you want to me to chase your skirt?" Nadia teased, letting out a slight gasp, "I'm sorry Chiyo-no, but Aki-cutie and Hime-babe are much more appealing. You're too abrasive, you'll never get a girlfriend if all you do is insult people. You gotta make good first impressions- that's why I'm gettin' more kisses from Aki-cutie and you're not." Giggling, Nadia winked at Chiyoko, then glimpsed down at Akira.

Akira herself doesn't appear to feel much of anything from the exchange. She's had her eyes closed this entire time, and she doesn't even seem concerned about the fight that was forming around her. She just remained in a state that was barely different from sleep.

So anything in their past will now change, and they were now chained to this demi-goddess, was it?

As Akira continued to reveal more and more about their true nature, Kaoru's face became stiffer and stiffer, an ice-coldness creeping over her. In the background, Himeko questioned and Chiyoko gloated, neither of them aware of just how deep this rabbit hole went until now. She shook her head side-to-side, just once, before closing her eyes.

When she opened them once more, there was only disappointment.

A heavy, abject disappointment, directed to the existence that chose to sleep instead of face them.

"Pathetic."

One by one, her knuckles popped.

"Your willingness for punishment means nothing. Not when there's no repentance."

Her back cricked and cracked, as if wings were about to burst out at any moment, before her shoulders loosened.

"Are you going to sleep the day away? Or do we begin with the extermination of chaos now? How much more time are we going to waste, when actual children are still suffering outside the bastion of Tokyo? If we can remember everything from now on, I don't care."

"That's all I need."

Akira once again seems unmoved, "I am. I'm going to sleep because I'm tired. I'm not compassionate. I just want to defeat the chaos, and this is the only means I know how. You can hate me all you want, but that won't change who I am and that won't change the circumstances. I'm useless now that I've made you all miracle girls, so it doesn't even matter if I sleep. You are the ones who will have to decide on a leader. You are the ones who will have to travel around the world. You are the ones who will have to fight the chaos. And I will sleep. That is just the way it is."

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Coraline

It took Coraline a while to get up again, that thoughtfull expression on her face changing to one of... Confusion. She touched her forehead, though it didn't look like a migraine, she just had this intense look on her face, before she shook her head a little, stumbling towards Chiyoko. Looks like her footing was still a little off, but it looked alot steadier than it was last time, tugging at one of her sleeves gently, as if to get her attention.

"Do you remember why you... Signed up?" she asked quietly.

A harmless question on her own, but she seemed to be almost begging Chiyoko for an answer. The look in her eyes clearly conveyed that she was confused... But it wasn't immediately obvious about what. However, confusion wasn't the only thing that look in her eyes seemed to convey... There was... Something else in there too, but it was a little difficult to tell what exactly it was.​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Razilin
"Ehhh, you called me honey? I thought you were only able to insult people- or maybe you're making an exception for me, since you want to me to chase your skirt? I'm sorry Chiyo-no, but Aki-cutie and Hime-babe are much more appealing. You're too abrasive, you'll never get a girlfriend if all you do is insult people. You gotta make good first impressions- that's why I'm gettin' more kisses from Aki-cutie and you're not."

Nadia's teasing made Chiyoko's eyebrow twitch. "I've screwed plenty of people - guys and girls - and none of you here are that appealing. You're welcome to demigod-chan there," Chiyoko said, jerking a thumb at Akira.

Of interest, Kaoru was giving Akira a verbal lambasting, with the demigod replying with that same blase, sleepy demeanor. Chiyoko felt the edge of her lip curl in bitter amusement. "So eager to fight and die in a war that's so obviously stacked against you - on both sides," she cut in. "Since you're so eager to get into the thick of things, why don't we make demigod-chan's life more interesting by having you be our fearless leader, Gabriel-chan?" Chiyoko spat out the words with sarcastic venom. "Sate my morbid curiosity - how quickly will you get everyone here killed?"

"Do you remember why you... Signed up?" Coraline's question seemed to come out of left field, taking some of the wind out of Chiyoko's sails. She wasn't expecting anyone to actually care about that, not about her. She was too prickly.

Chiyoko was tempted to brush the other girl off - her past was just that, her own - but those damn puppy-dog eyes of hers....

Chiyoko folded her arms across her chest. "Yeah. I do." She looked away, a grim line forming across her lips and pulling them into a frown. "...I wanted...I wanted to be safe. To not have to worry about being raped, killed, robbed, or hungry." She glowered at Akira's sleeping form. "She couldn't grant me that. I got the next best thing: to be strong enough to beat any enemy. Strong enough that I'd never have to hide or run ever again."

Chiyoko lit a fresh cigarette. "And now, I'm running from demigod-chan's stupid war. So much for that contract."

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Sometime during Chiyoko's rant, despite all the anger and hostility being thrown about, Akira passes out, sleeping quite soundly. As she reaches the moment of losing consciousness, tears stream for the brief moment she was overcome by fatigue. Laying peacefully with her mouth just slightly ajar, she finally looked her age.

Yui listened silently, head tilted so that her face was half-hidden, a strange expression on her face. It was a much different sight from the cheerful, smiling girl she had played a few minutes ago.

"You are the ones who will have to decide on a leader."

At this, the girl perked up, suddenly interested. Seeming to remember something, she paused, eyebrows furrowed as she thought. A moment later when she raised her head again, her face seemed more mature, more serious, more reliable. She glanced at Chiyoko with a smile.

"I think Chiyoko-san should be the leader."

"Ah..." Himeko frowned. Lowering her hand. "Understood... That's fine..."

Though as her arm lowered, as did her head. Though conversation continued around her, she only reacted in a few instances, like when she raised her head back up at Shiro's question, or when the name 'Hime-babe' made her look over in a bit of surprise.

Chiyoko's rant however had Himeko scowling. A line from the side had her looking on in befuddlement, however.

"I think Chiyoko-san should be the leader."

"...Hah!?" Himeko grumbled in stunned surprise blinking at Yui.

With a growl, she dared stomp a bit forward, hand shooting out of her sleeve to jab at the cigarette in Chiyoko's hands. "You put that out now!" She gnashed her teeth, "I don't care if your selfishness keeps you from thinking about anyone but yourself but if you're going to ruin your new body with that trash then the least you could do is do it somewhere else."

Turning away, she glanced over her shoulder, snapping, "And for that matter, you're the last one I want as the leader! Besides, as I understand it: we don't need you. As long as you're within distance of Akira you'll be fine. An 8 kilometer radius is more than enough: just make sure you, your filthy mouth, and your whining is not within distance of us."

Reaching her destination, she plopped down right next to Nadia, Akira in her lap, eyes firm as she kept them locked with Chiyoko. "If I had to suggest a leader..." She let her eyes wander, lingering on a few other the others, but she didn't say anything for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.