Miracle Girls: Out of Order IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not…compassionate," Kaoru repeated slowly, as if tasting, savoring those words. The disappointment lingered for a moment more, before she let it all go, brown eyes once more becoming dulled and impassive.

The dog was barking once more, before that blue-haired girl chastised her and her nomination for leadership. She looked at the two, spared them a glance, before turning once more to the others. Five seconds for each, before she finally laid her eyes on the gun girl, the only one that was clearly a foreigner.

"Aleksandra Makarov. What were you before you took this contract?"

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Chiyoko's earlier comments about nobody here being that appealing went mostly unaddressed by Nadia, only earning a short shake of the head. When Akira subsequently fell asleep Nadia reached out to touch the sleeping goddess' head, but stopped before she made contact, quickly drawing her hand back. Blushing, Nadia returned to tucking into the picnic, picking out one of the apples she'd been juggling.

Upon Yui's proposition that Chiyoko should be leader Nadia stifled a laugh- badly- and raised her eyebrows. Unsurprisingly she wasn't the only one who didn't react well to this idea, Himeko going on a tirade against Chiyoko. Still snickering a little, Nadia shared a smirk with Chiyoko as she sat besides Nadia. "I second Chiyo-no not being leader. The leader should be someone that hasn't already pissed off several members of the team. Leaders are supposed to help solve arguments amongst a team, not cause 'em," Nadia whispered, or at least attempted to whisper since she was still fairly loud, "I don't really mind who in particular becomes the leader, as long as it's someone most of us find agreeable." Taking a large bite into her apple, Nadia checked on the sleeping Goddess in her lap.

Zenshiro nearly choked on his food when Yui said they should have Chiyoko as their leader. After a brief coughing fit, he swallowed what was in his mouth and looked at Yui in alarm. "Are you sure that's a good idea? Chyoko-san seems to like causing fights, I doubt that-" Aaaand he was interrupted by Himeko's tirade at the troublemaker. He sighed as he scanned the hill for who should be leader. His eyes fell on a gun. "Why not Aleksandra-san? She seems level headed enough to be leader," he piped up, pointing to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aleksandra had been listening, watching, but not chiming in, at least until Kaoru had addressed her. "I was a soldat," she said. "A mercenary, specifically. At least for the past few years." She fidgeted and adjusted her rifle on her shoulder. "Prior to that, I was a Junior Sergeant in the Eastern Russian Army. A deserter." Aleksandra wasn't certain about this and it showed. With a sigh, she dropped her rifle to the ground, stock first. "Sukin syn," she muttered softly. "Pochemu ya," she said louder. " Pochemu ne ona?" She accentuated this last Russian remark with a gesture at Kaoru. Why not her?

"Huh?" Yui looked around, confused. "Did Chiyoko-san do something bad?"

The girl didn't seem to be hurt by the lack of support, more surprised and curious as to the reason why. She tilted her head, looking at Himeko. "Smoking isn't that bad... Everyone does it. Why are you so mad?" A pout settled on her face. "Aren't you guys just being too mean?"

She moved forward, eyes scanning the group for a friendlier-looking person to talk to. She wasn't even that interested in who lead, but everyone was getting mad! Her eyes rested on Akira's sleeping form. "Uh, can we be more quiet, please?" She asked hesitantly, trying not to seem antagonistic. "I don't wanna wake up Akira..."

As with the others, Chiyoko was dumbfounded that Yui nominated her for leadership. So baffled was she by the prospect of leading this group of idiots that Chiyoko actually let some of the more acidic comments from the others slide past. Instead, she eyed Yui oddly. It had been years since anyone had been that earnest about - or held that kind level of faith in - Tenou Chiyoko. Maybe the girl was just playing her, with that innocent facade. Still, it made Chiyoko feel a little bad about what she had to say next.

She patted Yui on the head. "Sorry, Bambi." Her tone was surprisingly gentle, a stark contrast to her usual grumpiness and venom. "The others are right. I'm not exactly the one people look up to."

She glanced evilly at Himeko. "By the way, far be it from me to pollute the air around here." Chiyoko flicked the butt of her cigarette at Himeko's chest.

At Chiyoko's tepid response, Himeko looked down, a bit sheepishly. But as the burning butt bounced off her coat, Himeko squealed as she scrambled to grab it, patting any ash or residue off her as she regained control. She started choking as she caught some of the smoke, before stubbing it out in the cool grass.

Catching her breath, she regained herself before grumbling, "If you're going to be ten years old for the foreseeable future I just don't understand why you'd want to be a ten year old with breathing problems forever too. And I don't want anything to do with that."

Letting out a sigh, she looked around, lingering on Kaoru and Aleksandra for a moment, bringing her hands up to her face, eyes low in thought, Himeko finally began, "Okay...I think...we might be able to figure it out." Standing tall (or as tall as she could in her new body), she said, "Alright, how about this. For starters, if you think you can manage as leader, introduce yourselves. I mean, this way we can avoid anyone being forced into it if they don't want too."

"So, I'm Tanzaka Himeko, and, well, I'm not too sure about being leader, but I know I can try. I'm usually pretty level headed, and...I think I can keep an eye on everyone to an extent." As if to drive her point home, she patted her hand on Nadia's head, the girl still wounded from her earlier escapades, Akira in her lap. Himeko then added, "I'm mostly offering just in case no one else actually wants too, though."

Coraline

Coraline seemed to understand... Even if she didn't say anything right away, but instead, suddenly grabbed Chiyoko's closest arm gently, wrapping it around her. It seemed to be a gesture meant to comfort her, without any words even being uttered, but yet... Coraline herself appeared so... Troubled, despite having relaxed a little, there was apparantly something still on her mind.

"I don't remember why I did..." She said quietly.

"But... Whenever I think about the chaos outside... I feel... Angry..." She added.

What an odd thing for her to just blurt out, but, maybe she just wanted to get it all off her chest? Seeing that troubled look that was on her face, seemed to make it pretty clear that she was... Bothered by not being able to remember her past, which... Was a strange phenomenon on its own...

Out of the corner of her eye, Coraline seemed to notice Akira's sleeping form not too far away, and the tears that had fallen just as she had fallen asleep. For some weird reason, her eyes were watering up a little too, oh dear.​

Last edited:
A soldier, a mercenary, someone who had combat experience and someone who deserted. Useful. If she didn't speak in Russian constantly, it'd be even better.

Nevertheless, Kaoru nodded at Aleksandra's answer, before turning to the others once more. No one was really listening to anyone else, instead choosing to break into small groups that just went and shat on each other. There was Team Demi-Goddess, Yui and Nadia doing their best to pretend they cared about Akira's beauty sleep. There was the brute, who continually went out of her way to start shit up, even when another girl was clinging onto her. And then, there was Himeko, trying to establish some semblance of order.

After she said her piece, Kaoru clapped her hands together once.

"I am Kasane Kaoru. I will save the world singlehandedly, and thus, I will not lead. For the rest of you, however, Aleksandra was formerly a soldier of the Eastern Russian Army. She will keep you all alive better than anyone else here if you choose to join me. Though if you really just wanted to shirk your duties as a miracle girl, just stay in Tokyo for the rest of your immortal lives."

"That," Kaoru turned her gaze towards Chiyoko, "is where our predecessors won against the chaos."

Zenshiro opened his mouth to say something, only to close it and politely listen to Kaoru. His expression became confused. "Because you're going to save the world...you're not leading?" he asked quizzically, "How does that work? Whaaat? Shouldn't it be the hero who always leads?" He paused before shaking his head. "Never mind. I guess I should go. I'm, um, Zenshiro Izayama, b-but please call me Shiro. You know, since I'm not a guy anymore..." He sighed as he glared at one of his hands that was still holding food. He snapped out of it and returned to looking around the hill. "Anyway, good traits? ...Er...I don't cause conflicts? I don't have many good traits now that I think about it... So I might not be a good leader." Another sigh. "But I will say this, I will protect everyone with my power, regardless of who you are or were. This I can promise you all."

Yui's face fell when even Chiyoko didn't agree with her. She let go of the girl's arm, which she had held on to stubbornly when the latter had tried to shake her off, with a huff. Eyeing Coraline, who had Chiyoko's other arm wrapped around her, with a disdainful expression, she flipped a strand of hair out of her face and moved to sit down next to Himeko.

Tucking her knees up to her chest comfortably, she flashed Himeko a pretty smile as she finished her introduction, then turned her attention to Zenshiro, clapping politely when he was done.

"Himeko-chan!" Yui turned to whisper to the girl next to her. "Who do you think would be a good leader?" She glanced around, eyes resting on Kaoru and falling quiet when she began speaking. Once she finished, Yui spoke again quietly, "She seems kinda scary. Don't you think?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Y-you were a guy?" Himeko blurted. She quickly ended her words with a cough, brushing them off, turning away from Zenshiro.

"Who do you think would be a good leader?"

Himeko looked down at Yui, smiling briefly as she took note of how close she'd gotten. Stooping down, neatly nestled in between Yui and Nadia, Himeko answered, "Well...I thought Kasane-san or, er, Aleksandra would be up for it but I guess not..."

A look of concern flashed across her face, as she mumbled, "I was thinking we'd have to vote or something, but I guess..." Taking a breath, she stood back up, her dark skirt fluttering a bit. Wrists on her hips, she declared, "But that can't be helped." Looking over to Shiro, she suggested, "In that case, I guess I'll be the leader." Waving a sleeve, she said, "And you can be second in command, Sh-Shiro. In case something happens. At least that's how we'll go for the foreseeable future."

Himeko called, "Any objections?"

While the others were discussing who should be leader Nadia finished off her apple, throwing the core carelessly over her shoulder. Then peering into the picnic basket it didn't seem like Nadia was paying much attention, until her head perked up when Himeko offered to be leader "I'm happy with you as leader, so no objections here," Nadia piped up, "I'm glad you volunteered, we might be able to move forward with this now." Nadia put her hands on the ground besides her as if to get up, before her face collapsed into mid frustration, staring down at the girl in her lap. Raising her hands above her head Nadia stretched out her upper body, still trying to keep her legs still.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
"In that case, I guess I'll be the leader. And you can be second-in-command, Sh-Shiro. In case something happens. At least that's how we'll go for the foreseeable future. Any objections?"

"Actually, I'd like to be leader." Yui pushed herself up onto her feet.

Quickly turning to the girl next to her, she whispered, "It's not that I don't want you to be leader or anything, Himeko-chan! It's just... I want to try."

She looked at the group, expression serious but eyes warm. "I already introduced myself earlier, but I'm Minami Yui," she announced. "Since the chaos hit, I've been leading a group of survivors; under me, we've been able to live fairly comfortably. I left them with my uncle in charge, and I think that I can lead all of you just as well."

Yui laughed, seeming a little embarrassed. "I'm pretty good at making tough decisions, and I'll definitely be able to take care of everyone here; of course, since we're all pretty capable magical girls, I don't know how much of that I'll be doing."

"So..." She tilted her head at Himeko. "Should we vote?"

"I'm glad you volunteered, we might be able to move forward with this now."

Himeko nodded, before putting a finger to her lip in thought.

"Actually, I'd like to be leader."

"Geh," Himeko grunted. Face drawing a line of a smile, she nodded as Yui made her case.

"In that case, a vote is fine. Just raise your hands when I say the name."

"Okay, if you want me to be the leader," Himeko began, raising her own hand. She saw as Nadia and Kaoru's hands joined hers in the air, but it was only three.

"Okay... Now, if you want Yui to be the leader..." Himeko continued, lowering her hand to gesture at her. Glancing around, however, only one other hand went into the air: Shiro's. Neither Coraline, Chiyoko, nor Aleksandra made a move.

"Eh? Er...well, I suppose that settles it for now. We can still change our minds later," Himeko said, offering a smile to Yui. Patting her hands together, eyes turned up to the sky in thought, she looked down at Akira in Nadia's lap, a bit of concern flashing over her face. Glancing around at the others, her eyes came to Kaoru's before she stopped, shaking her head and looking back up.

After a few moments... "Alright. We're here to defeat the chaos, aren't we? I mean, at the moment I want us to get out of the cold but it's not that bad."

"But the thing is...well, I don't really have any experience fighting, and I don't think any of us have really used our powers, so we should probably try to start with something smaller." Scratching her head, she said aloud, "Yokohama's close, is it still bad? It's big though... Does anyone have any suggestions? I." There was a groan in her voice as she added, "And the thing about chaos is: it keeps changing..."

Finally the question of who would be leader was settled. Nadia let out a sigh of glee... until Himeko pointed out that they still needed to decide where to go, to which Nadia crumpled her face. The moment Himeko asked for suggestions Nadia's voice sprung to life. "If Yokohama's close let's just go there. Like y'said, chaos keeps changing- if we don't get a move on Tokyo will have been replaced with London, and we'll be attacked by tea monsters or something," Nadia joked, "Let's just get a move on and try out our new powers!" Done sharing her ideas Nadia looked to see how everyone else responded, gently stroking Akira's head as she did.

In the end, people barely voted at all, even when there were two parties to choose from. Chiyoko was grudgingly silent, Alexandra seemed to be trying to vote for an unknown third party, and, upon seeing this, Kaoru sighed.

Himeko was elected. Shiro would be her second-in-command. A second-in-command that had voted against her. And now, they were finally…

"Yokohama's close, is it still bad?"

"If Yokohama's close let's just go there."

Kaoru looked at the two of them blankly, before she closed her eyes.

"Shinjuku, Taito, and Kita are closer. Yokohama is a prefecture away. Only Tokyo as a city is safe."

Those brown eyes opened once more, with the impassivity of oak. They locked onto their new leader, waiting for the next response.

Zenshiro had raised his hand to vote for Yui to become leader, since she wanted it, but then he found himself outvoted when no one else voted for her. He grinned sheepishly as he scratched the side of his face. "Alright, Himeko it is. Am I, um, still second in command? I'm not exactly sure if I'm the right person for it..." He listened as others began to discuss where to stop the chaos first. A frown came to his face as if he just thought of something. "Speaking of powers, how do we use them anyway?" he asked, "I know Kaoru can fly, but what else is there?"

Yui sent a grateful smile towards Shiro once the vote had been finished, seeming to not be affected at all other than a quick flash of emotion in her eyes. She sat down respectfully, still next to Himeko, leaning on the standing girl slightly as if to tell her no feelings were hurt.

She listened intently to the newly appointed leader's questions, biting her lip in thought. A curious-looking expression settled on her face, wide eyes flickering lazily over to Kaoru as the brown-haired girl spoke. She seemed to be distracted by something, and jumped slightly when a small fly landed on her arm.

"... I'm not exactly sure if I'm the right person for it..."

"Shiro-chan! You'll be great - don't worry. Himeko-chan will do an awesome job and so will you, okay?" Yui assured the girl, tucking a stray strand of her hair behind her ear. "Powers?" She cocked her head cutely, hair slipping over her face again. Pursing her lips, she settled for twirling the blonde strands around her finger. "Ah!" Her face lit up as she leaned forward excitedly. "I remember Akira-chan said to channel the chaos inside of us into a symbol to transform. Or something."

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Status
Not open for further replies.